Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, thuganomics85 said:

It's almost 10:45 p.m. and we're now doing music trivia?  Are they wanting this to go all the way till midnight?!

this! what a fucking shit show this has been. and, still, no time ‘in memoriam.’ unless they really do want to go to midnight.

• Love 4

This is fucking awful. It's awkward. I'd also say it was rehearsed because they'd never do this off the cuff so the whole "wow, I wasn't expecting any of you to throw shade at the questions" stuff is so fucking fake.

Edited by Avabelle
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, mariah23 said:

If they only nominated Ja Ja Ding Dong instead...

SERIOUSLY. 

I think Daniel got blitzed after his won his award. He is way too chill. 

This  game show has to be a plant if Glenn Close knows this much information on “Da Butt”, right? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Bliss said:

he hair is ... umm how to put this? Not doing her any favours?

It's her eyes, though... so dark and sunken looking. I hope she's well...

It's makeup. No eyelashes or lip color washes her out. I'm pretty sure the hair is a wig. She'll look ravishing again tomorrow.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

This game isn’t necessary but Andra throwing shade at Purple Rain not even getting nominated was everything. 

It was criminal but they partially made up for it by giving him the award for Original Score. 

1 minute ago, AimingforYoko said:

Glenn Close knowing who E.U. is (Hell, just about go-go in general) seemed rehearsed.

But she being the excellent actress she is, she played it beautifully.

That said, the overall bit sucked.

• Love 2

Music trivia?  Seems like now they just want filler.  So odd.

I admit I’ve been only half-watching so I was surprised to see Glenn Close still there.  I didn’t think there was enough room in the station for all nominees so I thought they were rotating people in and out after their category passed.  But are the “major” category nominees allowed to stay and the lesser ones get rotated out in the top row?   Or is that room bigger than I thought?

1 minute ago, AimingforYoko said:

Glenn Close knowing who E.U. is (Hell, just about go-go in general) seemed rehearsed.

It was so rehearsed. As was Andra's and I'd say Daniel's was meant to be only he's high as a kite at the moment so god knows what he was meant to say. The Oscars never go unrehearsed. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

One thing about Glenn CLose is that she's absolutely tiny. I saw her when she was leaving a performance of Sunset Boulevard. Definitely a tiny, petite lady who seems larger than life because of her personality.

Really? I never would have thought that she is a tiny woman at all. Love her dress too.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

And so Diane Warren loses again.  I'm still more than slightly bitter about her losing a few years ago to the damned stupid Sam Smith song.

Writing on the Wall is the WORST Bond song ever, and yeah I am including Die Another Day.  I still don’t know how that won over Diane Warren.

• Love 4

I see they had time to add Helen McCoy and DMX to the In Memoriam.  Not surprised they saved Chadwick Boseman for last.  Still can't believe that he's gone already: especially since it seemed like he was only just getting started after years of hard work.  Just so sad.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

I've always said Tyler Perry is a good man. And a hack. It can be two things.

He was actually the best part of Gone Girl, imo, so he's at least got that going for him.

• Love 4

I had felt that Chadwick would get the last spot (sigh) but that was...fast. I would have hoped they would have shown shots of Plummer and Connery holding their Oscars.

Bigger surprise, adding DMX. And they missed Jessica Walter. 

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

The In Memoriam segment was beautiful. I liked the use of the song "As".

I was about to get very annoyed at not seeing Sean Connery or Chadwick Baseman, but I see they saved the best for last.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, absnow54 said:

Did they fast forward the In Memoriam tribute? The music sounded like it was double time. 

That arrangement was too fast and peppy and they could have ditched the trivia and given the time to letting people be able to read the names of the departed.

• Love 9