Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I think someone here pegged it correctly - that Geary is supposed to be playng a resurrected Anthony Z. A few have said Damian Smith, but I don't remember that character objectifying women of all ages like this. The way FauxLuke speaks to Lulu, Ned, and others screams psycho and barely covering that fact. Also why else would Ric mention the Z Family death-imprisonment storyline to Elizabeth today?

Plastic Surgery to look like Luke I could see Anthony Z doing, but how is even Ron going to get around Z being at least a foot shorter than Luke? And what was the "Woody" reference about a week or so ago? 

At this point the only thing that could maybe salvage this would be if FauxLuke was really Tim Spencer (Luke and Bobbie's never seen father) who had some how befriended Deke and is now looking for revenge on both their sons.

Do TPTB hate women so much that they insist on writing Anna, Tracy and Snarly as idiots?

I've said it before, but I'm of the opinion that writers are not their characters. It's fiction and apparently what the writers think is good for the story (however wrong they may actually be). So, no, I doubt that the writers hate women. 

Plastic Surgery to look like Luke I could see Anthony Z doing, but how is even Ron going to get around Z being at least a foot shorter than Luke? And what was the "Woody" reference about a week or so ago? 

If FauxLuke turns out to be Anthony Z, I could be fine with them showing him taking off some platform shoes along with the rubber mask. Of course, I hope it's someone more interesting than Anthony Z, but maybe we'd get Johnny back for a bit! I could be on board for that. 

• Love 2

If FauxLuke turns out to be Anthony Z, I could be fine with them showing him taking off some platform shoes along with the rubber mask.

Doesn't that come back to making Tracy too silly to live? Since we know that they are sleeping together, wouldn't she have noticed the platform shoes at least? Why am I asking? It is now OK with Tracy to hold a gun on her child, so perhaps notLuke is shorter and she doesn't care!

• Love 3

I actually thought the actress playing Jordan did a really good job with a lot of exposition! It was either the writer or actress - all the points made sense (yes my standards are that low). The Faux Luke mystery is getting resolved soon, right? Has anyone guess Trevor?  He's closer in height and has the skeevy woman approach... I'm assuming we're going to have a WTD storyline when Ava returns.  It's nice that GH swaps out storylines I can FF!  Very considerate.

• Love 1

Do TPTB hate women so much that they insist on writing Anna, Tracy and Snarly as idiots?

Women in general?  No.  Women they don't create?  Yes.  Look at who they seem to heap the love on..Sabrina, Dr. O, and, coming soon, Nina.  They aren't written like idiots.  Sabrina is the bestest thing to hit Port Charles, Dr O had an unlimited supply of get out of jail free cards and Nina, without appearing on (and then waking up) has eaten the show.  Meanwhile, Anna, who they were doing a fine job with a two years ago, is an incompetent hypocrite, Tracy is either in denial of or outright can't tell something is up with Luke (and throwing her son out the door for questioning it all) and Carly has morphed into a swooning teenager who doesn't give a fuck for her family.

They did this on OL, with having Blair chose the man who held her husband captive for years over said soulmate, wrote Dorian camp to the hilt before throwing her out of town, and even made Viki look stupid.  Meanwhile, they forcefed the wonderfulness of Gigi, had the quippy stripper Kim, and had the perfect Manning daughter Dani.  

I am still holding out hope that Tracy is actually playing Fluke and Ned is in on it.

This has got to be ending soon, right? Isn't Anthony Geary's summer vacation coming up soon? Please tell me it's coming up soon.

So is Spinelli coming back for the custody hearing? I imagine that he would need to be present since he is the sole custodial parent right now.

I know I'm not alone in this, but I just can't take the FakeLuke storyline seriously at all.  Today we had FakeLuke with a Veronica Lake sweep of that thin hair over one eye, taunting Ned through his Jungle Red lips, while Tracy is underwhelmed - and STUPID - finding him holding a gun on her son.

And while I think the actor playing Jordan is good, the character just pisses me off.  Bad enough that Anna has been hamstrung at every turn, but then for her to have put up with that arrogant bitch was too much.  Of course it doesn't help that Jordan is tied to that moron Shawn storylinewise.  Ugh.

• Love 2

Re: FauxLuke being Anthony Z. Didn't Anthony Z have a thing for Tracy before his "death"? The way FauxLuke is playing it, he can barely stand to be near Tracy unless it's ELQ/money related. Anthony Z shouldn't have that issue.

Ha, annabel - so true. Anthony wanted the $ and ELQ, he was about blackmailing Tracy into marriage. He leered at women. I still remember when his daughter Claudia went to see him (before he realized it was her), he saw her approaching, was checking her out and said, "Helllloooo Nurseyyy!" He would be the type to make a pass at Kiki (gf and ex-wife of two Corinthos sons) or Sam or even Alexis (to piss off Julian) and then insist they wanted him. The way he spoke to Lulu in the park made me think, "Anthony Z." He seems irritated about having to converse with Lulu; if I recall correctly he hated it when she and his son Johnny were "in love" and Johnny was so hell-bent on protecting her.

My vote for Fluke is Trevor Lansing. If I remember correctly, he was quite a sleaze with women. I remember him with Kate, and there was not a romantic vibe there, just a sexual one. I also think that he raped a young Claudia.

• Love 1
(edited)

I've said it was Bill Eckert from the beginning and I stand by that guess. Also, and this is a spoiler,

the name is an alias and the audition side is unrelated but the very specific description for a certain recurring role looks very much like they are casting Sly Eckert to come in and do a few days or weeks of shows.

Edited by jsbt

I know I'm not alone in this, but I just can't take the FakeLuke storyline seriously at all.  Today we had FakeLuke with a Veronica Lake sweep of that thin hair over one eye, taunting Ned through his Jungle Red lips, while Tracy is underwhelmed - and STUPID - finding him holding a gun on her son.

And while I think the actor playing Jordan is good, the character just pisses me off.  Bad enough that Anna has been hamstrung at every turn, but then for her to have put up with that arrogant bitch was too much.  Of course it doesn't help that Jordan is tied to that moron Shawn storylinewise.  Ugh.

lmao! I think his lips aren't that red anymore but yeah, for a while they were so that cracked me up.

I like Jordan, but yeah I was rolling my eyes a bit at her attitude about her operation getting messed up. Not the cops' fault that they didn't know this was an undercover deal.

I just wish they'd shit-can him and give Jane a good storyline.

God, I really hate the actor AND his roles.  Time for him to GO.

• Love 1

TJ is totally justified in feeling how he feels, but I kinda wanted to slap him and be like, "Yo, kid, shut up. She's got a great explanation for all the shit she's done for the Jeromes and, the first time she was arrested, it was so that she could keep your whiny ass off the streets." Maybe it's just because I like this actress, but I hope she's successful in taking down FauxLuke and getting her son back.

Does FauxLuke expect that he can murder Lucas in his hospital room and no one is going to suspect it was him? As if the nurses wouldn't notice that his breathing tube was tampered with? As if alarms wouldn't sound as soon as Lucas' vitals dropped? It just seemed ridiculous. Also, was it just me or did Bobbie not seem appropriately distraught that her son was shot? She was acting as if she was off to a book club meeting instead of visiting her injured son. 

And two things bothered me about the "big" reveal by Shawn that it was actually Ava who shot Olivia: 1.) It wasn't as if Ava intentionally shot Olivia-- she was shooting at Franco just like Shawn was; and 2.) Olivia wants nothing to do with Sonny (as of right now), so why should he be planning to kill Ava over something that Olivia survived (and which Sonny originally thought was Shawn's fault and was totes cool with)? It certainly makes more sense that he'll want to kill Ava for killing Connie, but don't use Olivia as an excuse too. 

(edited)

My newbie unenlighten musings:

While I still kind of like Sonny I'm beginning to see where some of the hate comes from MB is a terrible actor, I swear he was reading from cue cards a few times this week.

I think the reason Bobbie was so unemotional about Lucas is b/c JZ has OD'ed on fillers, I don't think her face CAN show emotions at this point.

I was starting to like Liz until she wore that top, skeletor has NOTHING on her, seeing someone's breastbone through her skin is not attractive.

Could someone please give Scottie a comb. That furby on his head makes his noggin' ginormous

Carly's left side is far more attractive than her right, why do they block her with a right profile. It is very distracting.

Biggest comic relief this week.....Scottie vs the chair! hahaha

Fluke pulling a gun on Ned and being caught by Tracy was completely idiotic right up there with any scene containing Franco and Carly. The whole premise was ridiculous and made Tracy look too stupid to live.

And I'm sorry but Lucy was just ridiculous too. Can't say I blame Doc in the least, she tells him to his face she loves two men and expects him to stay with her. ugh!

Plus column:

Love Jordan, TJ and Molly. Also Julian and Alexis

Edited by Stinger97
Formatting.
  • Love 1
Could someone please give Scottie a comb. That furby on his head makes his noggin' ginormous

This, one thousand times over. Do they not realize what a hideous choice this is on Kin Shriner? He's not a teeny bopper, tweener, or whatever they call the young kids these days. Give the man an AGE APPROPRIATE hair style, please!

• Love 1

Snarly needs to eat dirt after she dies in a fire. I am so tired of her protecting that nasty murderous piece of shit because poor delicate flower, special snowflake, Michael can not know that his adoptive dad killed his bio dad. Or at least that is what she says the reason is.

I think that deep down, she still loves the bastard and may show up in his bed shortly for some kind of revenge or hate sex.

• Love 1

Snarly needs to eat dirt after she dies in a fire. I am so tired of her protecting that nasty murderous piece of shit because poor delicate flower, special snowflake, Michael can not know that his adoptive dad killed his bio dad. Or at least that is what she says the reason is.

I think that deep down, she still loves the bastard and may show up in his bed shortly for some kind of revenge or hate sex.

No, Lillybee, that won't happen because she has her twu wuv, Franco.

I am still waiting, hopeful that when the truth does come out (and it will, eventually) Michael will be done with both his "parents", Sonny for killing AJ and Carly for covering for Sonny.  I also have to laugh when the two of them keep thinking (along with seemingly everyone else in town) that Michael needs to be protected.  Fucking admit you are protecting YOURSELVES from Michael's wrath, not that the kid is a delicate little thing.  He's a Quartermaine and a Spencer.  Neither was ever accused of being fragile.

• Love 2

Depending on how long his stint at ELQ runs, Michael at least has a convenient place to focus his energies when it does come out that his dad shot his dad.  Yeah, his blowing up at Sonny and Carly is probably the one potentially good thing about this mess.

As for Fluke going after Lucas in his hospital room (punctuated by Bobbie and her strategically tight tops): I wonder if that actually rules out him being Anthony Zacchara.  IIRC Anthony was ruthless and crazy, but not stupid enough to try something like that.

• Love 1
(edited)

I can't believe they didn't get Nathan/James to interrogate Julian. Nathan  worked with Julian to get Nina's notkiller. They have a positive history so smart investigative work  would include Nathan being the one asking him questions, but Anna is in charge so smart won't happen.

Edited by TarHeelTeacher

I seem to remember Poppa Z suffocating Siobhan with a pillow in her hospital room.

I loved Liz in that top but she does need to gain 10lbs or so. 

Scotty needs to 86 that Eraser Head hair.....STAT.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend, everybody!

Anthony also tried to put the make on the female hit person he had. Didn't Johnny stop him.  He did put the pillow on Siobhan, and end her .The exact same way. In the hospital'. Do I have to say this is just ridiculous .How many days did Heather wheel him around ? Re-Ron strkles again. HAve a great memorial day all.

• Love 1

I've just started watching this past week & add to the chorus of "I'm ready for the FauxLuke" reveal. Yeah, it's hard to figure out who it is but IMO that's because Ron is insane. He will pull anything out of his ass no matter how unplausible.

I'm trying not to skip straight to Taquan/TJ's performances.

• Love 3

Does Jew-lee-ehn know that his daughter & Sonny had a child that died?

Does ReRon know ?

Oh what am I thinking, it wouldn't matter if he knew, ReRon is like Godzilla stomping through Port Charles destroying every thing that was good and leaving a trail of nonsensical garbage in his wake.

Why do I watch this show?

• Love 3
(edited)

Depending on how long his stint at ELQ runs, Michael at least has a convenient place to focus his energies when it does come out that his dad shot his dad.  Yeah, his blowing up at Sonny and Carly is probably the one potentially good thing about this mess.

As for Fluke going after Lucas in his hospital room (punctuated by Bobbie and her strategically tight tops): I wonder if that actually rules out him being Anthony Zacchara.  IIRC Anthony was ruthless and crazy, but not stupid enough to try something like that.

I seem to remember Anthony Zacchara smothering Lucky's gal pal with a pillow when she was in a hospital bed !  But no beeps went off, at least.

[Edited to add; I see others had already pointed this out, but I'll leave this as as yet another memory of AZ but with no worry about beeps going off... ]

Edited by pitchy
After these last couple of weeks, all I can say is I can't remember a sweeps period on GH that has been this utterly boring.

Makes me wish for some of Guza's explosions. I feel dirty typing that, but at least there was a pulse during sweeps then. (Well, there was also the train wreck and the MC Hostage Crisis; those were decent.)

I've yet to see ONE exciting sweeps story from this regime yet.

• Love 3

I seem to remember Anthony Zacchara smothering Lucky's gal pal with a pillow when she was in a hospital bed !  But no beeps went off, at least.

[Edited to add; I see others had already pointed this out, but I'll leave this as as yet another memory of AZ but with no worry about beeps going off... ]

The thing is that AZ disconnected the monitor. Liz was Siobahn's nurse and was supposed to check on her. She looked into the room and failed to notice that the monitor was blank. Great nursing, there, Liz. Way to look out for Lucky's new wife.

• Love 2

Actually, Liz was came to visit Siobahn, but I don't think she was her official nurse. Considering the then documented friction between the two of them, I would hope no one scheduled her as such. She just agreed to see Siobahn for Matt, which she did and then tracked down Lucky as Siobahn requested. Then she did check in on her, but thought she was sleeping. Anthony was hiding behind a door.

• Love 1

Today we had FakeLuke with a Veronica Lake sweep of that thin hair over one eye, taunting Ned through his Jungle Red lips,

He needs a bronzer STAT!!! Looks too pale and gaunt. But I guess that probably the way he looks for a 66 year old elderly man that he is. I have to agree with everyone that there were NO bust out sweep surprises this month.

Actually, Liz was came to visit Siobahn, but I don't think she was her official nurse. Considering the then documented friction between the two of them, I would hope no one scheduled her as such. She just agreed to see Siobahn for Matt, which she did and then tracked down Lucky as Siobahn requested. Then she did check in on her, but thought she was sleeping. Anthony was hiding behind a door.

For some dumb reason I rewatched Siobahn's death scene. Liz was in scrubs and carrying a chart when she looked in at Siobahn and didn't notice that the monitors were off. When Lucky comes into the room and discovers that Siobahn is not breathing, he yells at Liz to get help but she just stands there. Lucky had to run out into the hall and scream for a doctor. Dr. Steven Lars comes in and yells for a crash cart and again Liz just stands there.  This all happened after Liz hands a surgeon the wrong meds or dose for Siobhan in the OR.

• Love 2

The thing is that AZ disconnected the monitor...

I found that hospital murder so revolting (even though not liking the Siobahn character) that I stopped watching for awhile.

(edited)

Was there a director on set when Mo, did his scenes? That was awful. Why is everything about Sonny? AJ nor the Q's will be getting any justice.

KA needs to go to college. If she doesn't want to go to college than they need to mandate that she go to an acting coach. Her facial expressions & snarling are getting worse.

Gabriel needs to go to heaven. I'm tired of baby stories. All these baby stories are making me long for Guza's shootouts

*waves* Hey, TeeVee329.

Edited by BestestAuntEver

Sonny's response to killing someone for killing someone else even though the first someone was innocent is to kill another person.

Because of course it is.

Worst. Vigilante. Ever.

Actually, strike that. Sonny is just the Worst. Ever.

• Love 9