Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

Just listen to us....

RC has done the impossible: he's given us a mystery we can't figure out. Give him props for this one sl. I didn't think he had it in him.

Who can't figure this out? Some of us did four months ago: He's Bill Eckert.

Despite the many permutations that character went through, it was clear at a cursory glance that Bill was always a casual dabbler in the underworld at the least - and Tony Geary used to love talking at length about the darkness of Bill, the damaged nobility, the tortured soul within who filled the void in himself and his tragic past with filthy lucre and power, blah blah blah. I'm sure when the truth comes out TG will give another interview all about how the legacy of Bill has finally been fulfilled. He had a love for his son, yes, but Bill got pretty scummy. While I think they've turned the character into an OTT villain, I also think it's not that much of a reach and I'm sure Geary doesn't think so - TG never knows when to stop, but in this case, IMO, you don't have to reach far.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

Well that was fun! I just watched my first epp in 30 yrs. I laughed when the first scene was Luke or I mean Fluke and Justin Kiriakis from DOOL(I also stopped watching that show 30 yrs ago) I guess his name is Ned now.

I thought it was funny, but dramatic so even though I didn't know who half the people were it was entertaining. All that was missing was the great mob music.

The sets are much better than Y&R sets. And I could only wish Y&R had more guns waving around and shootings.

The most campy award goes to those two(whose names I never got) listening to AJ's phone. That was really funny but not in a good way. They seem like a couple of idiots.

I was really afraid I wouldn't like it as I've heard bad stories about the mob stuff, but I found I want to see what happens tomorrow. Hopefully by the time Nina shows up I'll kind of know what's what.

Looks like Sonny is going to end up with one deflated canolli once Dullivia is finished with him. 

Of course, him getting physical with Ava would piss her off way more than the fact that he shot her son in the chest ever did.

Gotta love Sonny getting together with his BFF Shawn and talking girls, though, right?  Yeah, real tough mob.

And I'm sorry, but FauxLuke is looking more and more the runner up in the Miss Albino Universe Pageant with those ducky bangs, those reddened lips and his DEAD WHITE skin.  Tracy must feel like she's dating a big, dead, decaying herring.

• Love 7
(edited)

Well that was fun! I just watched my first epp in 30 yrs. I laughed when the first scene was Luke or I mean Fluke and Justin Kiriakis from DOOL(I also stopped watching that show 30 yrs ago) I guess his name is Ned now.

I thought it was funny, but dramatic so even though I didn't know who half the people were it was entertaining. All that was missing was the great mob music.

The sets are much better than Y&R sets. And I could only wish Y&R had more guns waving around and shootings.

The most campy award goes to those two(whose names I never got) listening to AJ's phone. That was really funny but not in a good way. They seem like a couple of idiots.

I was really afraid I wouldn't like it as I've heard bad stories about the mob stuff, but I found I want to see what happens tomorrow. Hopefully by the time Nina shows up I'll kind of know what's what.

Those idiots are Carly and Franco. Carly is Michael's and Morgan's mother. She is reputed to be the best mother evah!!!! Franco is a reformed serial killer, it was the brain tumor that made him do it. It is looking like Carly will do anything to stop Michael from knowing that his adopted dad, Sonny really killed his bio dad. Franco is alleged to have arranged to have Michael raped in prison.

Edited by Stinger97
(edited)

There is no "alleged" about it. Franco ordered one of his minions to rape Michael in prison. He also personally allowed Sam to think he raped her.

I don't care how many tumors and videotapes Ron pulls out of his ass; I know what I saw on screen.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 10
(edited)

There is no "alleged" about it. Franco ordered one of his minions to rape Michael in prison. He also personally allowed Sam to think he raped her.

I don't care how many tumors and videotapes Ron pulls out of his ass; I know what I saw on screen.

THIS.

Of all the lamebrained moves Ron C. has made this remains the worst.  In so many ways.  And saddling Roger Howarth with this character has damaged the actors rep IMO.  At least it has with me.   I know everybody has to make a living and soap livings are tight these days.  But this is the same guy who stepped away from his OLTL character, Todd Manning, because he disliked what he saw as his character being excused for the rape he committed.  And now he's playing one again, difference is, this one is a KUTE KWIPTSTER.  Gaaaah.

Edited by boes
  • Love 5

And I'm sorry, but FauxLuke is looking more and more the runner up in the Miss Albino Universe Pageant with those ducky bangs, those reddened lips and his DEAD WHITE skin.  Tracy must feel like she's dating a big, dead, decaying herring.

This? is pure poetry!

Since Olivia had no problem forgiving Sonny for shooting her son in the chest, I wonder how long it will take for her to forgive him for the crypt tryst.

Well, she will need a date to the Nurses Ball that starts on Thursday......

• Love 1

If both Morgan and Olivia kept their Sonny hate, I wouldn't mind them being roommates especially since Olivia does have her own apartment.. Since his real mother doesn't seem to give a damm about him, he could use some mothering, having someone cook him a good meal and do his laundry.

If both Morgan and Olivia kept their Sonny hate, I wouldn't mind them being roommates especially since Olivia does have her own apartment.. Since his real mother doesn't seem to give a damm about him, he could use some mothering, having someone cook him a good meal and do his laundry.

Not anymore lol. Sabrina and Felix's apartment is her old one redone over.

Who can't figure this out? Some of us did four months ago: He's Bill Eckert.

Despite the many permutations that character went through, it was clear at a cursory glance that Bill was always a casual dabbler in the underworld at the least - and Tony Geary used to love talking at length about the darkness of Bill, the damaged nobility, the tortured soul within who filled the void in himself and his tragic past with filthy lucre and power, blah blah blah.

I just heaved. Not at you, but at Geary, heh. Oh man, PLEASE let this "you finally get to portray the oh-so-cruelly cut off in his prime Bill Eckert" be Geary's retirement gift from Cartini.

• Love 1

Kiki, as far as I know does nothing but mooch. Michael works in Sonny's "legimate restaurant" Maxie is between jobs and has been ever since Crimson was closed down.

Will Kiki grace us with her singing at the Nurses' Ball?

Spoilers at TWoP claim she will. So get out the earplugs and Pepto Bismol!

The Nurses' Ball was a world of suck last year with Sobby's Debutante Ball. Who knew it could be even cheesier this year? This is why it's great to have an off button on the ol' remote!

• Love 1
(edited)

They don't actually have to show Keeks, Maxie, etc working. Just make some comments as to having one.

I think TJ is the only one of the teens and young adults that actually works. Molly, Rafe, Maxie, Keeks, Mikey, Morgan, Lucas and Lulu are all unemployed. Pathetic.

Jordan may or may not be a drug dealer and Shawn may be a hitman, but at least their son has a work ethic!

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2
(edited)

They don't actually have to show Keeks, Maxie, etc working. Just make some comments as to having one.

I think TJ is the only one of the teens and young adults that actually works. Molly, Rafe, Maxie, Keeks, Mikey, Morgan, Lucas and Lulu are all unemployed. Pathetic.

Jordan may or may not be a drug dealer and Shawn may be a hitman, but at least their son has a work ethic!

Michael works for Sonny.  And isn't Lucas a doctor?

Speaking of which, where IS Lucas?

Edited by Rick Kitchen

Oh yeah, I guess Michael is running that restaurant with three tables and two barstools. Have they even talked about or shown that since last fall though?

• Love 1

When Sonny first came on the show, he forced Karen Wexler into prostitution.  That's not a morally gray character with a sweetness and little boy lost quality.  I detested him from day one.

Not to defend Sonny (I would never) but he hired Karen as a stripper, not a prostitute. He did get her hooked on some sort of pills though.

• Love 1
(edited)

When the hell was Lucas last on, March?

I like that they clearly have no recollection that he's a doctor, either. He's just around.

Edited by jsbt

When the hell was Lucas last on, March?

I like that they clearly have no recollection that he's a doctor, either. He's just around.

I'm pretty sure Lucas, Sam, Julian, and Danny haven't even had one scene together as a family. I'm so disgusted that I waited all these years to find out who Sam's father is and now that it finally happened Ron goes and fucks it up. 

Based on the comments still sounds like its General Hosptial's Children. No thanks. It's a shame since NB is usually somewhat amusing. But honestly I don't watch soaps to watch kiddie triangles, mumbles the monster oops mobster or 40 yr old women acting like 20 yr olds or Fluke,Puke wtf ever they are calling him these days

Other than RiH in any scenes and Liz's ever changing shiny hair what is it worth watching for?  blech

I understand that secrets are a soap mainstay, but this is really getting ridiculous.  Let's see..what secrets are there right now?  CryptSex, who killed AJ, who killed Connie, who Luke really is/ what's going on with him, Luke hitting on Kiki (until yesterday, at least), Lucy and Scott, ... surely I'm missing some.  But really, most of these are NOT secrets, because half the town knows all about them!  And I don't understand anyone's logic in deciding who to tell or not tell (not that logic is a big part of GH storytelling).  

I'm most mad about Michael not knowing about CryptSex, I think, because a) Morgan is Michael's brother, and Morgan might want his support right now, and Michael might want to give it!, b) Sonny is Michael's father, and Michael might have an interest in his destructive behavior, c) Ava is Michael's girlfriend's mother, and d) it happened at Michael's other father's funeral!  If ANYONE should know about it, it's Michael.  "Protecting him" from it b/c he's too fragile over AJ or whatever makes no sense.  We all know he's eventually going to find out, and he'll be even more hurt because Kiki and Morgan kept it from him.  Just.. makes no sense.  Although I recognize that Morgan and Kiki are complete idiots, and expecting any rational thought from them is foolish on my part.  

It's all just a huge mess.  And having so many half-secrets floating around all at once makes each one of them have so much less impact.  And I can't remember who knows what, so it's really hard to get invested in the "big reveals" to come.   

And I do not want more Niz.  Just don't want it.  And I'm a person who likes both characters (well, I don't mind them, at least).  

• Love 4
(edited)

I wonder how much it costs to have a pizza delivered to Cassadine Island? I thought that Nik had a chef.

I'm sure Nik sent a minion there. I hope. If he didn't, I hope he gave the poor bastard who delivered his pizza a damn good tip.

Wait, Jordan's last name is Ashford?  Did I not know this?  Is she related to Ned?

Ned's last name is Ashton

Edited by ulkis

Wait, Jordan's last name is Ashford?  Did I not know this?  Is she related to Ned?

I think this is suppose to be a play on the fact that Matthew Ashford is the last actor to play Tommy Hardy and so many of us had hopes that TJ was Tom and Simone's Son, this is a big F*ck from Ron

(edited)

I would like to thank Liz for covering up her razor sharp shoulder blades this time around.  She covered them with lace, which was a marked improvement from the engagement party when, if she backed into someone, she would cause them to bleed.  Apparently Liz designed her own dress?  I wouldn't brag about it, IMO it was hideous.  I also wonder if Britt actually paid of the hairdresser, because she totally looked like shit. { I realize MMV},

Felicia looked GORGEOUS--the gown was perfection.

Where does Lucy buy her 1999 pageant dresses?

Yeah, I'm a bitch.

Edited by Patssy Stoned
  • Love 1

I really can't stand Lucy Coe.  Never could, never will.  I do not see the charm - at all. And I can't believe that Kevin wouldn't gladly hand her over to Henery Hawk aka Beak Baldwin in a heartbeat. Hell, I think he'd hand deliver her just to not have to hear her squawk and flap and run around like Gladys Kravitz on crack. 

I thought the Nurse's Ball was largely a bust last year, with a few exceptions.  This year I don't think there will even be that. 

LUCY SHUT UP.  I'd rather listen to Mr. Mumbles - and I don't mean the dummy.  Oh, wait, I DO mean the dummy.

• Love 4

I liked Liz's dress, although I think the back (or absence of it) outshone the front. I don't know if BH truly designed that dress, but I thought it was a nice reference to reality. She's made a lot of her Emmy dresses herself.

This was one time that I didn't mind product placement, and I thought it was well done. It was certainly better than the OnStar and Campbell's Soup product placements the show's done in the past. 

Actually, TJ's last name was "Ashford" before Ron took over. So at least in this instance he's not the name saying "f you" to the fans.

(edited)

Sam stumbling wasn't even funny so I'm not sure why the lying liar who steals and her deviant minion needed to laugh so much.

Not a stumble...looked to me like she flat out fell on her ass..C'mon Left, it WAS funny! Especially Britt, Brad watching it over and over. When Brad said "I'm gonna make a gif", I howled.

Edited by BetteBoo
  • Love 3