Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I don't know why FauxLuke doesn't just hang a sign around his neck saying "just kidding, I'm NOT LUKE", with how obvious he is.  Talking to Alexis the way he did, and then that leering comment to TJ about how hot is mother is was just so stupid. 

Besides him resembling the clown from IT with his red lips and fishbelly complexion, he acts so imappropriately and says such stupid things that he makes a very unconvincing mob boss.

But then again, this is the show that gave us Sonny Corinthos as a kingpin....

• Love 4

Who is Luke sending to Julian's Special Announcement Dinner?  It's the first thing that's interested me in this whole Luke storyline, and I cannot figure out who it's going to be.  Levi is an interesting speculation, but I'm not sure that works logistically.  Wouldn't Luke have had someone in town before this, not out gallivanting around with Maxie in yoga camp or whatever?  I don't know.  It's curious.  

Also, I do not want anyone at Julian's SAD to die.  Silas is my least favorite of the group, but I like all of the people going, and I think there is good story to tell with all of them, and I'm not ready to see any of them die.  Or even have a major injury.  So, whoever the enforcer is, I hope he's as competent as Shawn is.  

Is TJ going to be the one to figure out Luke is really Not Luke?  He seemed to be the first one to realize that dude is Not Right, before all the people who actually know Luke and should have some reason to be suspicious.  (AKA, all the people who are complete morons.)

sugarbaker, that's sort of my point!  TJ told Alexis that Luke was "way out there" or something, seemingly having noticed that there is something wrong with the guy.  Yet, his wife, his kids, and other people who have known him for years/ decades all just seem to think he's being regular old eccentric Luke.  Just struck me as funny.  And possibly as evidence of yet more shitty writing and storytelling.  

(edited)

With the angle of the gun, I think Lucas was shot. Oh Lulu, how dumb can you be?

Oh no......can you imagine the wailing that Felix will subject us to?  It's bad enough that they gave this doofus a speaking role, but now, oh God, he'll be emoting all over the place.

If it is Lucas, then I guess we have Felix as the vocal replacement for Sabrina while she's gone.

WHY can't someone shoot Felix???  Anytime anywhere anytime would be fine with me.

I think Felix must be my punishment for hating Spinelli all these years.  Who knew there would be a character even worse??

Edited by boes

notLuke is a bad mob boss -- obviously. One, his daughter saw the hitman with him, minutes before someone gets shot. If the hitman is not going to kill everyone at the table except Julian, there will be a description.

Two, does he really believe that Julian will just step back in line if one of his family was killed? I would expect Julian to come back for blood -- meaning that Luke's family might be in the line of fire next. Wouldn't the smarter play have been to hit someone in his family where it was not as obvious that it was retaliatory? When someone was going home or a "botched" home invasion? Since mobs don't typically go after family members, I believe more thought would be in order. I feel like I spent more time thinking about it that notLuke.

I wonder if we will find out that Jordan is DEA/undercover once she gets arrested. I have no idea but I suspect she is -- and has been for a while. I wonder if she was under the first time she got arrested. Sometimes, undercovers have to do some jail time to get in deep and have a reputation. Again, I may be thinking too much.

As much as I don't like Carly and Franco together, I am looking forward to their reactions when they hear AJ say and Ava confirm that he did not kill Connie.

I suspect it was Felix who was shot, though I'll hand it to the writers for putting enough people in the scene who I care about (Alexis, Sam, Lucas) to get me to tune in tomorrow to see who actually was hit. There's no way they'd kill off any of the three, or that's what I'm telling myself. 

While I was never a fan of Spin, I was happy it gave us a chance to revisit Ellie and Georgie. 

I liked the scenes between Ellie, Spin, and Carly. As usual, Franco can die in a fire.

Of course we FINALLy get to see Sam and company happily interacting with each other and it's interrupted by gun shots.

Who is Luke sending to Julian's Special Announcement Dinner?

OMG they are sitting down having dinner like they are going to be a Leave it to Beaver family?? Never heard so much clanging glasses in my life. And the dumb waiter (pun) with the gun under the napkin like a regular mob godfather scene? Wow, really???

(edited)

From the preview it looks like Lucas is the one that gets shot. At least that is the direction where the gun was pointing. Luckily there is a doctor and a nurse there. Here comes the angsty storyline for Julexis.

Yeah, I'm not so sure if killing the man's woman or kids is the way to make him loyal to you. Fluke has to die soon because it has to be time for AG to go to Amsterdam, and I really want him gone.

Edited by TarHeelTeacher

Something in me cringes seeing Ellie so comfortable mothering Maxie's child while Maxie is on the periphery of her own daughters life.

Maxie has paid long enough. Time for joint custody and Spin's girlfriend can take several steps back. Go save the whales or something.

• Love 4

If Lucas is the victim, I hope we get some scenes with Bobbie. And even as someone who enjoys Felix, I don't think I'll be able to stand it if he's given more scenes than Bobbie regarding Lucas' injury. 

Since Heather and her magical money tree are gone shouldn't her goons have released Real Luke by now?

If Maxie is so fucked up that she lets some random bitch convince her to give up on her child then I don't even know what to say about her.

I forgot Felix was going to be at the dinner.  I wouldn't mind if he got shot at all.  I wouldn't mind too much if Silas got shot either, except that I don't want to listen to Sam wail and cry and rend garments.  I really hope it's not Lucas, or if it is Lucas, that it's merely a flesh wound.

Over/under on Carly & Franco ever telling anyone that AJ didn't shoot Connie?

(edited)

Well I loved the Maxie and Nathan scenes, specially since he didn't seem in a hurry to put on a shirt. MEOW!

Thank goodness Levi never showed up. I feel really bad she doesn't think she deserves to even see her child.

Since I don't know enough yet to feel comfortable discussing much on a shallow note I thought it was hilarious everyone at the dinner party went on and on about the food when they only were to the salad. That must be SOME lettuce! An art gallery seems an odd place for a fancy dinner.

I froze the screen on the preview of the shooting and it looked like Lucas for sure. Alexis is in full view and Silas has jumped in front of Sam to the right. Felix arm is shown on the far side of Lucas and gun is pointed right where Lucas should be sitting. If it isn't Lucas then the only other person it could be is Felix.

My big question is if Julian was really trying to be a good person and knows Fluke isn't Luke how can he just leave Luke wherever he is and not tell someone?

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1
(edited)

Since Franco has no interest in protecting Sonny, I am sure that it will let it slip pretty soon.

Well, true.  But he's kept the secret that Sonny shot AJ so far, due to his oh so deep love for Carly... But here I am, once again, trying to assign some sort of logic or consistency in to these characters' actions.  I really should know better.

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 1

So are they paying AG with actual money or just paying him with leftovers from the crew table?  If so, he needs to vary his diet, because I could swear that he looked constipated today talking to his thug, way more than he looked scary.  Of course, scary is in the eye of the beholder.  I think any guy his age who tries to pull off the Cindy Lauper 80's look is doomed to fail.

Genie Francis must watch him and just laugh till she spits. 

• Love 3

My big question is if Julian was really trying to be a good person and knows Fluke isn't Luke how can he just leave Luke wherever he is and not tell someone?

I don't think Julian knows Luke is fake. If he did know I would think he would've found a way to expose him since it would be easier for him to get out of the mob if Fake Luke weren't around.

I don't think Julian knows Luke is fake. If he did know I would think he would've found a way to expose him since it would be easier for him to get out of the mob if Fake Luke weren't around.

At this point I'm not sure what Julian knows, including where the real Luke is, if he knows who Fluke is. I think he knows Fluke isn't Luke. I am hoping this is bringing us to Fluke's death. I will love the character who kills Fluke.

I really loved Julian reaction of, "Yum," when he saw Alexis and her boobs in that dress.

• Love 2
My big question is if Julian was really trying to be a good person and knows Fluke isn't Luke how can he just leave Luke wherever he is and not tell someone?

He's only trying to quit the mob to appease his girlfriend, he's not trying to be a good person, no matter what he says.  And besides, it's only Luke.

I don't think Julian knows Luke is fake.

He hasn't called Luke "Luke" to his face while they were alone ever.

• Love 1

I second what @Grrpants09 says. SO disappointed he's not a bad shot like Shawn. Boooo! You just needed to aim a little higher and to the right (mouth area), dude.

NotTodd!Franco needs to DIAF a few times over, and take the Succubeast w/him. UGH!!!! Sonny also needs to DIAF.

Alexis, Anna and Sam all look fantastic. Such great hair!! Also, is Anna a hypocrite, or just projecting? This is an honest question, from watching her get nasty toward Julian, Alexis and Sam.

As soon as FauxLuke asked Harry to give him the gun, I knew he was a dead man.

I liked seeing TJ call out Shawn. So deserving. That young guy is a talented actor.

• Love 1

It looks like Lucas got shot in the same body part as Liz, so I guess that means he'll be fine in a day or two?  But have to move in with Felix in the interim, so Felix can take care of him?  That's how story-writing works, right - we just change the characters' names, but everything else stays the same?

I still can't figure out what Carly & Franco's endgame is here.  Don't they realize that revealing that Ava shot Connie most likely will reveal that Sonny shot AJ?  Maybe (probably) I zoned out on a lot of their conversation, but I don't really understand what's going on with them.   

• Love 1

I want TJ to know that his mother is working for the DEA asap. He really needs to know that Shawn is a jerk and a moron. How can Shawn claim the high moral ground by working for Sonny.

• Love 5

Anna needs to be fired.

I'm conflicted about Jordan being undercover. On the one hand I'm happy she's not a criminal. On the other hand anyone who goes against the mob is automatically vilified.

I wish Morgan would stop taking up screen time with his pointless rants to Sonny.

Hey Anna:

Go home and ask Duke if he left the mob. Now go back and apologize to Sam and Alexis.

Today is the first day I wanted to slap her. I'm sure she's let Sonny go to the hospital with people who have been shot before taking him into custody.

TJ is good, Shawn is bad and Jordan is a horrible undercover agent. Wait until you get arrested to tell people you are undercover. Or, better yet, let your supervisor call Anna directly and you keep your mouth shut.

• Love 5
(edited)

I can understand why Jordan does not want to go to jail right now. She does not know who is running the operation -- she knows it is not Julian. All this work to get to the head of the organization and if she goes to jail, she may not be able to find out. 

ETA:

If Jordan is an undercover DEA agent and wanted to ensure that the drug shipment went off without a hitch, shouldn't she have notified the PCPD about what was going down on the off chance that they may find out anyway and disrupt her entire plan? Even if she was worried Anna would try to horn in on the operation, I'm sure her supervisor at the DEA could have set Anna straight. Or maybe Jordan fears that Anna may be corrupt and involved with PC's underbelly, especially considering her close relationship with Duke? (Or, y'know, maybe I'm just overthinking things.)

You make a good point but sometimes if you are so deep undercover, you don't let anyone know. Like that new TV on TNT called "Legend" where the agent is so deep, with great backstopping that no one can tell that it is all fake. She probably needs to be arrested "officially"  but not put in a cell. She also doesn't know Anna and that she is with Duke -- a reputed mobster, knows that Dante is the son of a mobster, and may not trust the PCPD. 

Edited by SoapDoc
  • Love 2

If Jordan is an undercover DEA agent and wanted to ensure that the drug shipment went off without a hitch, shouldn't she have notified the PCPD about what was going down on the off chance that they may find out anyway and disrupt her entire plan? Even if she was worried Anna would try to horn in on the operation, I'm sure her supervisor at the DEA could have set Anna straight. Or maybe Jordan fears that Anna may be corrupt and involved with PC's underbelly, especially considering her close relationship with Duke? (Or, y'know, maybe I'm just overthinking things.)

Should FauxLuke be shooting people in a park with as much traffic as the one in PC? 

I absolutely loved Morgan for calling out Sonny as the man slut he is. It was a thing of beauty.

I agree.  I know that pretty soon Sonny will skip on all the bad shit he did and Morgan will forgive him and they'll be swell with each other (see:  "What's a bullit to the chest between father and son?"), so the few times someone actually does call out the Moobster on his loathsome actions are precious.

• Love 1

Should FauxLuke be shooting people in a park with as much traffic as the one in PC? 

No way, PCPD is tighter with the mob than New York or Chicago.

Go home and ask Duke if he left the mob. Now go back and apologize to Sam and Alexis.

How many innocent people has Anna arrested in the last two years? Why hasn't she done more to bring down Sonny?  Anna needs to go ahead and have several seats.

(edited)

How many innocent people has Anna arrested in the last two years? Why hasn't she done more to bring down Sonny? 

Because Maurice Benard is on contract.

They did the undercover agent gets arrested thing with Dante too. He let himself arrested and then inside the PCPD told Mac to call a number. It was his boss in the NYPD.

The Internet has let me down.  Can anyone point me to a picture of Britt's face when she finds out Ben is now Rocco?

I forget the date, but if anyone knows it you can go here and http://public.fotki.com/lisaghscreencaps/ possibly find the screen caps

I agree.  I know that pretty soon Sonny will skip on all the bad shit he did and Morgan will forgive him and they'll be swell with each other (see:  "What's a bullit to the chest between father and son?")

Morgan will probably throw it a lot in Sonny's face though, since he is way pettier than Dante is (not that Sonny sleeping with his girlfriend is a petty complaint).

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Anna's superiors don't trust her because she's with Duke? Feel the burn, commissioner. Anna and Agent Ashford discussing the crime storyline loudly at that shipment site is as idiotic as all the loud baby secret conversations in the hospital hallways and at the Nurses' Station. HATE that Anna - in tears - hugged Duke at the end. Use your brain, woman!!

Elizabeth looks gorgeous, although a bit on the thin side. That shorter hairstyle really flatters her. Really like the color and style of that blouse too. But geez Ric - when your teenager daughter is uncomfortable about your words/touchy-feely behavior with your date you may want to dial it down. I half expected him to try to start making out w/Liz while Molly watched. Liz praising him as a father makes me roll my eyes, but I guess I can understand due to lingering guilt that her sons' dad abandoned the boys and shows no signs of returning or checking in. Poor Cam and Aiden.

I think someone here pegged it correctly - that Geary is supposed to be playng a resurrected Anthony Z. A few have said Damian Smith, but I don't remember that character objectifying women of all ages like this. The way FauxLuke speaks to Lulu, Ned, and others screams psycho and barely covering that fact. Also why else would Ric mention the Z Family death-imprisonment storyline to Elizabeth today?

Ugh at Sam, Duke&Sonny, and Tracy. We must be seeing PodTracy - the real Tracy would have kicked "Luke's" ass out of the Q mans the moment she saw him pointing a gun at her son, who was obviously afraid for his life. The "hmm, I don't know what to think" look on Tracy's face, and then choosing FauxLuke over Ned, makes me want to smack her over the head.

• Love 2