Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Linny said:

Anna's comment that Jason is "an asset" to her profession should have come at the end of the episode instead of the beginning, because I pretty much checked out after I heard that gem. What the actual fuck, man. Sure, the good folk at the WSB or PCPD rest easy at night knowing the Holy Hitman is roaming the streets. Let's just use cloaking language like "Jason's selective in his targets" to make the fact that he KILLS PEOPLE more palatable. Thank God Griffin didn't fall for that nonsense.

Nina needs serious help. Her boundary issues were bad enough, but flying into a violent rage over Peter is completely off-balanced. There is no acceptable reason for her behavior given that Peter's done absolutely nothing untoward with Maxie.

Linny my hat's off to you again. You are so on target about the inappropriate "asset" comment from Anna. Jason is a brain-damaged serial killer who kills for the mob boss on command. How in any way is he an asset to LAW ENFORCEMENT?

I think Nina's overprotection of Maxie and her baby is a danger sign that her baby rabies dementia lurks just underneath a thin veneer of rationality.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Mnemosyne said:

I've missed most of the last month of episodes because I suddenly lost my husband in early March.

I'm so sorry, MNEMOYSYNE. 

As for today's episode, I got nothing.  Since nothing actually happened.  And I hate when they do flashbacks to stuff we just saw last week.

• Love 2

LOL at Griffin's anonymous letter. Could it be more melodramatic? Why not just say, "Hey, Peter August might also be Heinrich Faison. Look into that, 'mmkay?" And sending the letter to Jordan? Oh, honey, no. 

"Stacy heard this week that The Severed Branch was dropping soon." LOL. It's not like this information is super secret. A book has a publication date, which is usually a couple of weeks after it shows up in stores. You can call the publisher to find out. You can also call the publisher to request a review copy, GIRL REPORTER.

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm LMAO at Lulu's ~investigative take on PJ Sinclair's book by simply regurgitating the cover flap synopsis.

I know! And she was telling Jason, who's already read a version of the book. I enjoyed watching Jason read the book, though. It looked so fake, LOL.

The last two people I ever expected to see talking about relationships over coffee are Jason and Spinelli. Hee.

5 hours ago, Hater said:

Why is Sam acting all shocked over Drew bringing up dividing their assets? 

Did I miss something? Sam didn't ask for a divorce, she asked for time to figure out which man she wants to be with. If that's Drew, no division of property or anything is necessary. Why not wait a bit until things are more resolved?

Nina's expressions in the flashbacks with Maxie and LWB/FS are hilarious—so cheesily suspicious.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

So unlike Patrick who initially treated Matt badly because he didn't know about him, Finn is treating his brother the way that he does because he is an ass, right?

Ugh, so boring. Why don't they meet a few times, decide they have nothing in common, and be cordial from then on.

(Side note: LWB went to Juilliard.)

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Did I miss something? Sam didn't ask for a divorce, she asked for time to figure out which man she wants to be with. If that's Drew, no division of property or anything is necessary. Why not wait a bit until things are more resolved?

Drew ended their relationship, not Sam.  He took the ring off.  It doesn't shock me he'd be bringing this stuff up no matter how soon it is.  I think Sam thinks he's done, so her reaction didn't really make sense to me. 

Drew essentially took himself out of the running for her heart when he did that (Sam gets no say in that). I mean did he make any indication today that he thinks he's still in the running?  It didn't seem like that. In fact, he seemed resigned to her not being with him. So I don't really understand what exactly Sam is doing by "leaving".  Because for me she's either choosing to be with borg or alone. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
(edited)

Disappointed that Drew didn't complain about Sam taking Scout along on her sabbatical. She shouldn't be taking either kid when going away to think about her life. They will just disrupt and distract.

On second thought, maybe having to care for two kids without relief will make our spoiled Sam realize what it's like to be a single parent.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
(edited)

I'm sooooooo tired of Maxie's pity parties for herself. The baby will provide lots of excitement and distraction, and will look like Nathan. It's time that Maxie grows up and raises her own child. However, look for her to start dumping the tyke onto grandparents Mac and Felicia and Dr O and Nina as soon as she gets tired of spitup and night crying. 

Maxie will be back to glamorous Crimson and dating in an instant.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1
(edited)

I may have had an ear blockage. Were there actually two scenes of women discussing potentially volatile issues in ways that simultaneously brought out the drama and made the characters look almost like adults? (Maxie/Nina, Alexis/Anna) The Sam/Elizabeth interactions recently weren't bad either. I'm still liking this Van Etten guy's style. I attribute anything encouraging to his replacing Jean Passanante, because...come on. What else has changed in the last six months? Monday had some pretty well-written scenes, even when I didn't care that much about the basic situations. Even Sam/Drew didn't have anything I could really find fault with, other than the usual Kelly Monaco narcoleptic breathiness.  

Finn and Chase...interesting. I'm not sure what's going on there (just some Don Draper-ish "reinvention" obsession on Finn's part, because of bad childhood memories?), but the Chase actor was sympathetic.  

Even though I liked the way their conversation unfolded, I don't desire a lot of Nancy Lee Grahn and Finola Hughes in the same scene. I'm fine with their individual tics (Fin's delivering lines haltingly while widening her eyes a lot; NLG's nervous dithering), but it's too much to put in one place. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

[Dr. Michael Easton] and Chase...interesting. I'm not sure what's going on there (just some Don Draper-ish "reinvention" obsession on [Dr. Michael Easton's] part, because of bad childhood memories?), but the Chase actor was sympathetic.

Yeah, I kinda like Chase, the way the show is easing him onto the canvas versus cramming him down our throats, and I like that Dr. Michael Easton is the one being salty to him because I feel, on soaps, it's usually the younger sibling who rolls into town acting like a jerk.

I wonder who he's here to bang.  The Keeks maybe?  I'd kinda love it if he was bisexual, not that I trust Shelly "We're being sooo groundbreaking and progressive with our invisible LGBT characters!" Altman to write it.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Hater said:

Drew ended their relationship, not Sam.  He took the ring off.

Oh, right. Thanks for the reminder, @Hater. I still think he's being a bit extreme, as Sam asked for some time to get her head on straight, which isn't unreasonable, IMO. Of course, all of this should have come up a lot sooner, but it's a soap.

3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Even though I liked the way their conversation unfolded, I don't desire a lot of Nancy Lee Grahn and Finola Hughes in the same scene. I'm fine with their individual tics (Fin's delivering lines haltingly while widening her eyes a lot; NLG's nervous dithering), but it's too much to put in one place. 

Ugh, I must reluctantly agree with this. All the actors' tics are becoming so glaring to me. Are they falling back on them more, or am I just sensitized after watching for so long?

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, right. Thanks for the reminder, @Hater. I still think he's being a bit extreme, as Sam asked for some time to get her head on straight, which isn't unreasonable, IMO. Of course, all of this should have come up a lot sooner, but it's a soap.

I think Drew's reacting the way he is because he knows all of Sam's "I'm so confused and I love you both" is bullshit and just one step to her inevitable reunion with Jason. So I guess his mindset is just rip the band-aid off, rather than sit around waiting and hoping, only for the inevitable to happen. Again, may seem like an overreaction but I can understand his feeling that it would have been one thing if Sam had said all this and had all of those feelings when Jason showed up.

Because then he could justify and understand her confusion and needing time to deal with her life literally being turned upside down. Instead she kept adamantly insisting she loved him, wanted to be with him, insisting on their getting remarried. And now that they, in his mind, have settled nicely into their life, she comes with this whole "I'm so confused". I think Drew's probably thinking that what Sam's really saying is that she tried with him because she felt bad and guilty to leave him but she can't do it anymore and can't keep lying to herself. 

Yes, not what she said but I can understand if that's how he sees and feels about it. And if so, why would he still hang around, holding on, throwing her sad, googly eyes, only for her to pick Jason. Yeah, yeah, he could "fight" for her but again, what does that even really mean because it's not like Sam doesn't know how much Drew loves her and wants to be with her.

• Love 15

I swear this is like the sixth iteration of Kevin and Franco talking in circles about Jim Harvey. At least this conversation set up the hypnosis which will probably provide some definitive answers, but man, the writers are really dragging their feet here. Jim's bad, Franco and Liz will reunite, it's a foregone conclusion that's taking forever to see completion.

When Liz lectures Jason about Franco he gets this look on his face like maybe he's thinking that being stuck in a catatonic state in a Russian clinic might not be such a bad alternative. Enough, lady. Jason ain't changing his mind about Franco, so save your breath. I'm pretty bored with these once every six weeks conversations between Liz and Jason giving lip service to him being present in Liz/Jake's life, when it's clear he's not.

I think Peter was introduced as a more nefarious character than how he's being represented now, but I don't even care about the backpedaling. I like the actor, I like the character, I enjoy him with Maxie, and I'm ready for Anna to know what's up so she can do more than worry on the sidelines.

• Love 9

You know what would have been interesting, is if instead of hooking up Maxie/Peter, hook up Maxie/Chase.  Have her transfer her feelings for Nathan onto the new person at his desk.  Chase seems like a really sweet guy.

What was the read on Peter for everyone?  He was all weepy in his scenes with Griffin, then after Griffin left, almost immediately he was all cocky, sneering smile with Maxie, like he thinks he won one over on Griffin.  Anyone else read that but me?  

I'm tired of the back and forth between Kevin and Franco:

Kevin:  You need to talk about it

Franco:  (stomps foot like a 2 year old)  I don't wanna, I don't wanna, I don't wanna

Me:  shut up Franco.  Also, grow up Franco.  Also, get off my screen and leave my girl Liz alone, Franco.

• Love 5
(edited)

I wonder if DZ is leaving. His contract is up in a month or two. It was weird to have a ceremony for Nathan and not even mention Dante. 

Nina wants to know if Peter has an agenda concerning Maxie and the baby. Pfft. The only one with an agenda towards them is Nina.

I FFed all of Franco today. 

Peter and Anna finding out about each other is just about the only thing I am interested in on the show.

Shut up Liz. When will she learn Jason doesn't give a shit about her and Franco.

LW's face looked touched up in the previews.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

Yup, still liking Detective Chase.  He made a little "Derp!" face when he realized who Maxie was that was really endearing.  I dunno if I'd want him paired romantically with Maxie, but I thought that was a nice character beat for both.

Poor Kevin, this Franco nonsense just keeps going in circles, can the show get on with it already.

Shut up, Liz.

• Love 9

The only reason I think DZ would stay and get "money for nothing and his checks for free" is that he has three little girls and a wife. (Maybe the wife also works, but still, three kids in California - not cheap!).

That is the only reason for him to stay, IMO. At least it's guaranteed money for nothing.

• Love 1

I think I might have missed an episode, so these might be dumb questions. Where is Jim Harvey ? Has he disappeared ? Or was he arrested after they found out he was holding Betsy Frank ? And where is Betsy ? Last I saw, she was in the hospital and Franco tried to talk to her, but she was too traumatized to talk. I don't really care about these characters but, like most of you, would just like this storyline wrapped up already.

• Love 1

They should pair Maxie and Michael. It doesn't interest me much because I'm not a fan of either character but it seems the obvious thing to try at this point. 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, ulkis said:

They should pair Maxie and Michael. It doesn't interest me much because I'm not a fan of either character but it seems the obvious thing to try at this point. 

They're almost stepcousins.  OK, that's a stretch to make it taboo.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Benji said:

Where is Jim Harvey ? Has he disappeared ?

Jim has taken off.  Police have a warrant out for his arrest.  He will be back based on some promos. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, ulkis said:

5 minutes ago, ciarra said:

No! Everyone paired with Maxie dies.

Everyone paired with Michael dies, so does it cancel itself out if we get Maxie/Michael?

• Love 11
56 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

The only reason I think DZ would stay and get "money for nothing and his checks for free" is that he has three little girls and a wife. (Maybe the wife also works, but still, three kids in California - not cheap!).

That is the only reason for him to stay, IMO. At least it's guaranteed money for nothing.

Maybe they won't renew his contract.

His family runs a theater school in Canada. He could go and join there I suppose.

Maxie/KS  might actually wake Michael up.

18 hours ago, Hater said:

. So I don't really understand what exactly Sam is doing by "leaving".  Because for me she's either choosing to be with borg or alone. 

I  wish I were as sure of the lottery numbers as I am that Sam is not going to be alone. 

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Shut up Liz. When will she learn Jason doesn't give a shit about her and Franco.

Jason doesn't give a shit about her and Jake.

Liz was basically saying "Let up on Franco because he's been good to Jake and Jake desperately needs a male father figure in his life."

But Jason doesn't give a damn about Jake unless Carly is pushing it. No matter how hard Liz tried.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Jason doesn't give a shit about her and Jake.

Liz was basically saying "Let up on Franco because he's been good to Jake and Jake desperately needs a male father figure in his life."

But Jason doesn't give a damn about Jake unless Carly is pushing it. No matter how hard Liz tried.

I hate that Liz constantly needs to be written this way when it comes to Lassie.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I wonder if DZ is leaving. His contract is up in a month or two. It was weird to have a ceremony for Nathan and not even mention Dante. 

I don’t know if this would mean anything. it was a nothing ceremony that wasn’t even shown on screen and only used Ned and Jordan with Maxie. Nina was onscreen today but it didn’t seem like she was aware of it. In real life, Jordan would have told not only Maxie but Nina and Dr O about it.

I think the point was so Maxie would have that scene with Chase. The next step to moving on from Nathan’s death.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Everyone paired with Michael dies, so does it cancel itself out if we get Maxie/Michael?

Should we start taking bets on Nelle? Although in her case, there's a good chance Jason will bump her off for messing with his boo.

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Should we start taking bets on Nelle? Although in her case, there's a good chance Jason will bump her off for messing with his boo.

It should be Michael with his trusty old axe handle.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, ulkis said:
30 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

It should be Michael with his trusty old axe handle.

It should be Nelle as another of plans blows up in her face. Literally.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, drtslim said:

No! Everyone paired with Maxie dies.

Spinelli is still alive.

Everyone cop she loves either is killed or turned into a drug addict.

• Love 1

How do we know Kim and Drew were ever a relationship? Oscar isn't proof. Drew and Sam accepted Oscar and Kim's version of the truth based on Kim's word, but he conveniently doesn't have his own memories and can't remember or validate her truth. How do we know Kim isn't a Fatal Attraction type of girl or didn't drug Drew to get a child?

• Love 1

Chase is starting to grow on me. Granted he looks like a Nathan replacement but not as model like. Pairing him Maxie would be too obvi so I’m not sure who the writers have in mind. I’m sure he’ll be chem testing with several of the ladies in the Spring (whenever it comes in the northeast) and, the summer time when he just happens to be going swimming at the local watering hole. LOL!!!!

• Love 1
(edited)

Franco: "I'm an enigma. Aren't I fascinating?"

Kevin: "..."

The Griffin/Peter confrontation was hilariously overwrought on both sides. Griffin on his moral high horse, Peter sobbing and gesticulating wildly.

Tomorrow: Sonny yells at Mike. Again.

Edited by dubbel zout
Preview snark
  • Love 4

Franco has a great job.  He stands around in an empty room all day, making his own "art".  Some art therapist.  Don't you need clients?  Kevin doesn't seem to have anything to do, either.   Neither does Peter, at the helm of Aurora Media. 

Do they really need the red painting that looks like blood spray from a murder scene? 

Couldn't they have invited Neenah to the cop award ceremony?  She could have invited herself, since she stalked Maxie's calendar, and Maxie is still in the same weird dress as she was for her check up.  How about inviting Nathan's mommy to the off-screen ceremony?

Is Kiki, still in the supply closet?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Chase is starting to grow on me. Granted he looks like a Nathan replacement but not as model like.

Chase seems to have more between the ears than Nathan did. He doesn't seem wooden; he's got emotions and curiosity.

I rolled my eyes to see Maxie plopped down at Nathan's desk, waiting for someone to notice the odor of her widowhood and say "there, there, Princess".  Yesterday Bobbie and her parents were treating her like a fragile cupcake, and at the party she got more sympathy. Today it was PC's finest giving HER a medal for NATHAN's sacrifice. The glaring mystery was the absence of Nina or Dr O or Dante. The department should've just sent the medal to Maxie's mailbox. It galled me to see Maxie put the squeeze on Chase to supply more grease for her widow pose. She managed to bounce flirtatiously when she barged into the tension between Griffin and Peter.

• Love 2
(edited)

Not only does Nina have handwriting like a child but I noticed on Twitter a close-up of the check she gave to Curtis, and it was dated today's date, 1918.

I also noticed that she signed the check Nina Reeves. Did she not take the Cassadine name? Did she and Valentin ever get officially re-married?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I think Drew's reacting the way he is because he knows all of Sam's "I'm so confused and I love you both" is bullshit and just one step to her inevitable reunion with Jason. So I guess his mindset is just rip the band-aid off, rather than sit around waiting and hoping, only for the inevitable to happen. Again, may seem like an overreaction but I can understand his feeling that it would have been one thing if Sam had said all this and had all of those feelings when Jason showed up.

Because then he could justify and understand her confusion and needing time to deal with her life literally being turned upside down. Instead she kept adamantly insisting she loved him, wanted to be with him, insisting on their getting remarried. And now that they, in his mind, have settled nicely into their life, she comes with this whole "I'm so confused".

This. Her attitude is so transparent and immature, especially to Drew. She wants to be with both men, who to their credit are not buying her bullshit. Withdrawing to think is commendable, but Sam really needs therapy, where she won't be distracted by parental duties and can devote time to discerning her true feelings. It's difficult to say whether Sam is committed to anyone or anything. She keeps two men dangling, seems to be an indifferent mother, and is definitely not burning for an exciting career. Sam seems to be sleepwalking through life while bursting into tears occasionally. Give the woman therapy!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

How do we know Kim and Drew were ever a relationship? Oscar isn't proof. Drew and Sam accepted Oscar and Kim's version of the truth based on Kim's word, but he conveniently doesn't have his own memories and can't remember or validate her truth. How do we know Kim isn't a Fatal Attraction type of girl or didn't drug Drew to get a child?

This would be a way cool storyline and fun for their acting chops for these actors. That's why we won't see it. Gotta keep the dredge and drudge of Sonny and Carly's relationship well-fed.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

This would be a way cool storyline and fun for their acting chops for these actors. That's why we won't see it. Gotta keep the dredge and drudge of Sonny and Carly's relationship well-fed.

Lulu and Valentin share a child and they never met until Charlotte was seven. But if they didn't want to go the stolen eggs/stolen sperm route they could do what countless women do each year and have Kim have gone to a sperm bank and specifically chosen Drew's sample somehow for Fatal-Attraction-esque reasons. I don't know. The writers can figure something out or someone here can think up something better. Kim fitting so neatly into Drew's vague past, not to mention Oscar being his son, got tied up too nicely and everyone bought it no questions asked. Make it more complicated!

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Now THAT is how to do an Anniversary show GH! All vets or those tied to them, no newbies. Having watched since 1978 that made me tear up the entire time. Sorry I am behind, but wow!

I enjoyed this episode too...only I could have totally done without Sonny & Carly at the beginning & end or anytime. Argh. Definitely more Laura- wait, ANY Laura....actually there should have been a whole lot of Laura. She is the heart of this show. I don't give a crap that FV or whoever tries to make me think she's not....Genie F gives gave this current mess HEART. (Speaking of..."Not BJ's heart gets me everytime!!!! Lots of tears people, tears!)

I even remember the first time Audrey met Steve. Sigh. Those old 15 min B&W episodes  were classic for the day. So many memories.....so many opportunities for flashbacks I wish they'd have taken. I swear they've used many of them before but I enjoyed the heck out of watching them again. Miss my real GH. :-(

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 4
(edited)
30 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

This. Her attitude is so transparent and immature, especially to Drew. She wants to be with both men, who to their credit are not buying her bullshit. Withdrawing to think is commendable, but Sam really needs therapy, where she won't be distracted by parental duties and can devote time to discerning her true feelings. It's difficult to say whether Sam is committed to anyone or anything. She keeps two men dangling, seems to be an indifferent mother, and is definitely not burning for an exciting career. Sam seems to be sleepwalking through life while bursting into tears occasionally. Give the woman therapy!

I don't know about Lassie not buying her shit.  He's been waiting like a good lap dog while she screwed his brother over and over again and talked about how much she loved him directly to his face. He's still waiting. lol.  Drew, walked away and took the ring off.  

Edited by Hater
Lassie is still waiting.
  • Love 4

So Griffin won't tell anything about Peter? Uh okay. Whatever. First off, I would like Peter off my screen. Secondly, I can't buy that Anna is his mother. I don't think she's tall enough to have given birth to him. LOL!!!

• Love 4

Elizabeth annoyed me so much yesterday. First, why was she bothering Franco? She left him so he could deal with his secrets. Well, let him do that then. She can't get upset that he's moving on his own timetable. Didn't she listen to him? It sounded like he was sexually abused so I can't fault him for not running out to recover those memories! If she wants to be with him and support him on this journey, then do that! She didn't have to break up with him. She's acting like she had no choice. 

And that brings me to her weird conversation with Jason. What was that? I love Franco and hate Jason, but why did she even bring Franco up to Jason?!? Jason didn't ask about Franco. Jason doesn't care about Franco. Jason doesn't care about her relationship with Franco. Nor should he care about any of those things. And then she accused him of wanting her to do what Sam did?!? Huh?!? Where did she get that? Elizabeth sounded delusional yesterday! I loved when Jason just said, "I wasn't going to tell you anything," and then slowly backed away! LOL! I'm glad he didn't stick around and listen to more of her complete and utter nonsense! 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, lala2 said:

And that brings me to her weird conversation with Jason. What was that? I love Franco and hate Jason, but why did she even bring Franco up to Jason?!? Jason didn't ask about Franco. Jason doesn't care about Franco. Jason doesn't care about her relationship with Franco. Nor should he care about any of those things. And then she accused him of wanting her to do what Sam did?!? Huh?!? Where did she get that? Elizabeth sounded delusional yesterday! I loved when Jason just said, "I wasn't going to tell you anything," and then slowly backed away! LOL! I'm glad he didn't stick around and listen to more of her complete and utter nonsense! 

I am usually a big Elizabeth fan, and even an OG Liason fan, but their whole convo yesterday was weird and awful. I almost wish RH had played it even more unhinged and belligerent, coz that would at least have matched SB's facial expressions and the backing away slowly response, would have been roll-your-eyes-amusing. What was even the point? To show that she's obsessed with her relationship with Franco, and with defending it, even when no one gives a shit or is actively attacking her? They've already played that out a million times. The scene was just plain stupid and nonsensical, and that deeply annoys me.

• Love 9