Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

LMAOOOOOOO. Drew and Jason's face-off. 

Speaking of faces, KeMo, I mean, Sam looks disgusted every time she says the name Jason, I swear. 

"He has the personality of concrete. I've never seen him smile." IZ DED.

"You gave her your last name!" Which one? Doe, Morgan, Cain? Remember when Liz was going to be Mrs. Doe!? Ahahahahaha.

"Drew's not coming back." Errr, I think he's gonna get his shit and see his spawn, Sam.

"Maybe I'm not supposed to be with Drew or Jason." *Michael Easton enters the frame*

• Love 5

At one point when Carly was staring out in space holding the scarf, or the framed pic of Morgan, or after the scary phone calls

were mentioned...(I can't remember),  I expected her to whisper, "Nelle".   Still too soon, I guess.  

So the show's gyno got it on with a major ex-mob killer today. Meanwhile the gyno-doc knows full well that her own pre-pubescent son has strong affection for another mob killer's step-daughter (aka OsJoss). Kim, you playin' wit fire. You just got deep into a Port Charles swamp. Wait til you discover that Drew was dumped, has been drinking heavily, and is available.

And don't expect the tryst with Julian to stay private for long, since Olivia saw you emerge together from his place with that post-sex aura and afterglow.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

Sam certainly does need therapy if she is as unsure of her feelings as she insists. Where is it written that she has to ride Jason's peen again just because he's back? She made her choices, decided to go with Drew, marry him, and live happily ever after. Now that Jason saved her in the earthquake, she's ready to throw all that under the bus? It doesn't compute. She's got lust for Jason and has forgotten all his drawbacks and danger. I hope Drew gets custody of his daughter and it's a very bitter breakup.

• Love 12

The story of Carly's angst over Nell's gaslighting is far-fetched. If Carly is still as broken up over Morgan's death as she was describing, she's needed grief therapy for some time, having developed some ugly baggage. I'd prefer to see her deal with some personal drama like breast cancer. But the Morgan gaslighting story has plenty of room in it for Sonny pain too, so that's where we are being taken.

• Love 2

What's the over/under on how long Sam will be "alone" to "figure things out?" 

She recently proposed to Drew and he is currently dealing with the possibility of child molestation in his background.  So maybe one month?

15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That was quite the motley group Ned convened to talk about how to revive Port Charles.

It was very "Simpsons," wasn't it? Like when (randomly chosen example) Homer becomes a community-college teacher for one episode, and the people in his classroom are all townspeople we regularly see, like Apu, Smithers, and Groundskeeper Willie.  

(Ned:  "The revival of a city is a lot like eating an orange..." Valentin: "If I'd wanted to see a man eating an orange, I'd have gone to the orange-eating meeting!") 

But I did like being surprised with people who hadn't been in the episode until then.  

Unrelated: The actor who plays André creates a chemistry-free zone in romantic pairings, so far, but I really like him for everything else. He even wakes MB up a little.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5

Still simultaneously rolling my eyes and laughing at Lulu's "Spoon Island wasn't damaged" snip, as if Valentin somehow controlled the earthquake and where it left damage.  Wrong Cassadine, Girl Reporter.

Having said that, maybe the "Let's Rebuild the City!" meeting would've been better served if a resident of Charles Street was actually in attendance and not the town millionaires and Brenda Starr.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

"You gave her your last name!" Which one? Doe, Morgan, Cain? Remember when Liz was going to be Mrs. Doe!? Ahahahahaha.

Oh Liz.

By the way, why hasn't Drew just gone ahead and changed his last name to Quartermaine already?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Speaking of faces, KeMo, I mean, Sam looks disgusted every time she says the name Jason, I swear. 

I do wonder about the working relationship between Kelly and Steve. I definitely don't endorse the nutty Sam/Jason shippers who keep harassing her on social media and blaming her for Sam and Jason not running back immediately to each other, because she's sleeping with Billy Miller in real life (presumably) but something is definitely off in the chemistry between those two. Watching Jason and Sam now really feels like watching two people who were once together forcing something that's just not there anymore.

I mean even during Sam's big revelation of still being in love with him, did they even kiss or touch each other or anything? Honestly, I actually am curious for the writers to put them back together to see how it works because again, something is just off. The fans and characters like Carly keep insisting to others about the great love between the two and that nothing she feels for Drew will be able to compare but sorry, not sorry, I have yet to see this since Steve returned. I'm told Sam and Jason love each other but right now, I don't see it. 

eta: I also think part of the problem may be because while Billy Miller was "technically" Jason, he didn't play him the same way Burton did and really did make the character his own. And so while Sam was with Miller's character only because he was Jason, as many have noted, because the latter's portrayal of the character was so different, it created a different chemistry and feel if you will for the pairing. Whereas, Burton again hasn't changed in his portrayal of Jason at all and so everything with him and Sam feels so dated and old. It's the same tired dynamic, the same tired chemistry. There's just nothing new and exciting with the two and that's seriously coming across, in my opinion, in their interactions and affecting their general chemistry. YMMV. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 18
9 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Their current feelings toward him have a direct correlation to the harm he did to Alexis. I would think less of Alexis's kids if they were okay with the man who tried to murder their mother.*

I just wish it wasn't brought up every. single. time. they're together. It's ridiculous we see Molly throwing bitch face at Julian in his gastropub. No one is forcing you to eat there, dum-dum.

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Still simultaneously rolling my eyes and laughing at Lulu's "Spoon Island wasn't damaged" snip, as if Valentin somehow controlled the earthquake and where it left damage.  Wrong Cassadine, Girl Reporter.

Having said that, maybe the "Let's Rebuild the City!" meeting would've been better served if a resident of Charles Street was actually in attendance and not the town millionaires and Brenda Starr.

Lulu's area wasn't damaged either, so she can STFU. She should be grateful Spoon Island is intact—her daughter lives there! Gah.

It's too bad Stella couldn't have been at the meeting. Jordan, as police commissioner, should have been there, too. Monica's presence was a bit WTF for me, but it was nice to see her.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

By the way, why hasn't Drew just gone ahead and changed his last name to Quartermaine already?

That would be a good twist, I wonder why they haven't done it. An actual Quartermaine vs Morgan conflict.  I guess I just answered my own question.

2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

eta: I also think part of the problem may be because while Billy Miller was "technically" Jason, he didn't play him the same way Burton did and really did make the character his own. And so while Sam was with Miller's character only because he was Jason, as many have noted, because the latter's portrayal of the character was so different, it created a different chemistry and feel if you will for the pairing. Whereas, Burton again hasn't changed in his portrayal of Jason at all and so everything with him and Sam feels so dated and old. It's the same tired dynamic, the same tired chemistry. There's just nothing new and exciting with the two and that's seriously coming across, in my opinion, in their interactions and affecting their general chemistry. YMMV. 

If for no other reason, this would explain why KM doesn't want Sam to go back to Jason. What actress wants to play exactly the same ass-kissing character for 15 years?  Also, from his interviews, it seems like Burton is a really selfish actor and who wants to play against someone like that for a love interest?

10 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Right. Like Alexis did with Sam/Jason or Kristina/Kiefer.  That's actually hypocritical - doing the thing to Alexis that they didn't like her doing to them. Hating the man who tried to muder their mother, not so much. They participated in his wedding with their mother knowing that he was a mobster and a murderer, that is not their issue. Their current feelings toward him have a direct correlation to the harm he did to Alexis. I would think less of Alexis's kids if they were okay with the man who tried to murder their mother.*

I don't think Kiefer is a parallel to Julian -- he never loved Kristina, it was a short-term relationship in which he just used her, there was no one like Olivia manipulating the situation, and Kiefer actually did hurt Kristina unlike Julian who only threatened to.  Julian may have driven Alexis to drink but he also tried to keep her sober.

Sam/Jason a better comparison because like Julian, Jason's harm is emotional. But while Alexis doesn't like the idea that Sam is going to go back to Jason, she doesn't shut Jason out or constantly harangue Sam about him. Nor does Jason every have the slightest regret for what he did/does, again unlike Julian.

But I don't think we're ever going to agree about Julian.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It's too bad Stella couldn't have been at the meeting. Jordan, as police commissioner, should have been there, too. Monica's presence was a bit WTF for me, but it was nice to see her.

So much white privileged class, I had to gag--and I am white. A proud major historical residential neighborhood settled by minorities and lower middle class was severely damaged, and people who can't afford to move or rebuild are hurting and scrambling to find basic shelter. Meanwhile, all the town leaders and millionaires can think about is repackaging Port Charles into a tourist mecca, marketed, brochured, styled and manicured, gussied up for incoming dollars so movers and shakers notice. This kind of callous exploitation and selfish opportunism has been happening in my state for the last 40 years. People in my town who make minimum wage can't afford to live here, and are forced to commute long distances to get to their jobs, while multi-million dollar condominiums sprout up downtown and historic minority and lower middle class neighborhoods are being torn down. Gentrification is recharacterizing my town, driving out the poor and middle class as the developers repackage and sell it as "the live music capital of the world" and schedule a constant parade of money-making music festivals. The City Council and mayor are proud of their slush fund from the festivals, but city resources, traffic, and police are stretched thin. It's ruined the town for natives, and fewer people every year can afford to live here.

The same farce is happening in Port Charles.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 6

Just wondering whatever happened to Jake's little book about his adventures in Greece with the Scarecrow and the Cowardly Lion...now the backstory we're getting about Faison kidnapping the Navy Seal and Jason being held captive in Russia doesn't quite jive with that ridiculous s/l. I suppose it will never be resolved. Harrumph.

Edited by TheMediaHo
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, TheMediaHo said:

Just wondering whatever happened to Jake's little book about his adventures in Greece with the Scarecrow and the Cowardly Lion...now the backstory we're getting about Faison kidnapping the Navy Seal and Jason being held captive in Russia doesn't quite jive with that ridiculous s/l. I suppose it will never be resolved. Harrumph.

Actually maybe it does.

Jason was locked away in the Russian clinic. Drew was trapped on Cassadine Island with Jake.

• Love 1

Drew reminding Jason that he has his memories and thus knows just how many times Jason has chosen Sonny (and Carly, which he doesn't say, but c'mon) over Sam kinda ruled.

No, Betsy Frank, you don't deserve to be forgiven, my boo Kevin is being wasted on you and that's not okay!

Stop lying, Liz, Carter and Alex don't miss Franco.

• Love 13
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Cadmus and Aloysius are always somewhere else when Franco is around.

Yes, in the attic.   but if I had to be around Franco on a daily basis, I'd hide up there too.  

I don't understand the whole Betsy thing.  They find her at Harvey's, they take her to the hospital to be checked out, which she's fine physically, then they bring her to the PCPD and have Kevin check her out and decide she's in shock and needs to be in the hospital.  She was just there.  Why didn't Kevin get called in while she was there?  The whole thing went around in circles and made no sense.  

• Love 3

It's pretty telling that Drew confronting Jason with the fact that the precedence he gives Sonny over Sam is a liability is what finally raised Jason's hackles. He can't walk away from the lifestyle that separated him from Sam even though it remains a hugely dangerous threat to both of them, so he insists that Sam's strong enough to handle everything with Jason by her side, and it's Drew who makes her weak. It's a feeble justification for Jason's mob involvement, and if Jason had been around for longer than the past six months, he'd know just how wrong he is. Drew doesn't make Sam weak, the BUSINESS makes Sam weak. Sam's not the young ride-or-die chick Jason knew, she's a 40-ish mom of two, and it's the business that's hurt her life over and over again. It cost her five years with Jason, it put a bullet in Drew and put him in a coma, and it's plagued her with endless worry. It's the business, this fundamental piece of Jason, that causes Sam the most pain. That's the reality that Jason needs to wrestle with instead of picking fights with Drew.

• Love 20
12 minutes ago, Linny said:

It's the business, this fundamental piece of Jason, that causes Sam the most pain

Someone needs to remind Sam of this before she ends up back in Jason's bed.  

• Love 7
12 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

The story of Carly's angst over Nell's gaslighting is far-fetched. If Carly is still as broken up over Morgan's death as she was describing, she's needed grief therapy for some time, having developed some ugly baggage. I'd prefer to see her deal with some personal drama like breast cancer. But the Morgan gaslighting story has plenty of room in it for Sonny pain too, so that's where we are being taken.

So it's odd to me that you think that Carly wouldn't be as broken up over Morgan's death as she described.  Morgan was her son and as a mother she will never get over that loss.  I speak from experience.  I was over a year past the death of my son before I stopped saying that it "just happened", even with therapy (started therapy even before the funeral).  That said, this gaslighting story using Carly's dead son is disgusting...and I don't even like Carly.  I will not be sad if Nelle leaves the canvas very soon.

Edited by amyhon
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, Linny said:

It's pretty telling that Drew confronting Jason with the fact that the precedence he gives Sonny over Sam is a liability is what finally raised Jason's hackles. He can't walk away from the lifestyle that separated him from Sam even though it remains a hugely dangerous threat to both of them, so he insists that Sam's strong enough to handle everything with Jason by her side, and it's Drew who makes her weak. It's a feeble justification for Jason's mob involvement, and if Jason had been around for longer than the past six months, he'd know just how wrong he is. Drew doesn't make Sam weak, the BUSINESS makes Sam weak. Sam's not the young ride-or-die chick Jason knew, she's a 40-ish mom of two, and it's the business that's hurt her life over and over again. It cost her five years with Jason, it put a bullet in Drew and put him in a coma, and it's plagued her with endless worry. It's the business, this fundamental piece of Jason, that causes Sam the most pain. That's the reality that Jason needs to wrestle with instead of picking fights with Drew.

But he won't, because Jason won't change and the show continues to treat this as something to be admired about him (even Robin, who I love, always says this with a fond smile on her face).  And because he won't--and because of the show's mindset--Sam changing is seen as a detriment OR a phase she's going through.  

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, Linny said:

Jason doesn't wrestle with anything, though. There was so much lack of self-awareness on his part in those scenes with Drew, it was pretty sad actually. And that split screen did him no favors at all. Drew hit the nail on the head, no doubt. Jason was on the docks, on his way to land Sonny's shipment. If he and Sam were a couple, he wouldn't have been home with her and his son. He would have been on the docks, where he was shot and tossed into the water. If losing five years of his life doesn't force him to make a change in his life, then nothing ever will. I was glad Drew brought up Sam shooting Sonny and leaving him there to die. Meanwhile, Drew explains to him that he left Sonny for the sake of Sam and his family. 

If Sam goes back to Jason, I think she can kiss her daughter goodbye. After this display between Drew and Jason, I doubt Drew will ever want Scout to live under the same roof as Jason. And who can blame him?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Linny said:

So then Sam should go say that to Jason.

I'll never have sympathy for her in this situation until she admits how she cheerleaded Jason's ass and never blamed Jason (and when Drew was Jason) for his own choices.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

But he won't, because Jason won't change and the show continues to treat this as something to be admired about him (even Robin, who I love, always says this with a fond smile on her face).  And because he won't--and because of the show's mindset--Sam changing is seen as a detriment OR a phase she's going through.  

Or the result of cat poop psychosis.

I know that Jason will win in the end because this show, but I appreciate CvE throwing the bits of truthtelling in there (assuming that it is CvE).

I really hope Drew gets custody of Scout.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, LillyB said:

I want Jason and Drew to realize that Sam isn't all that,

Been saying this since 2003.

6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'll never have sympathy for her in this situation until she admits how she cheerleaded Jason's ass and never blamed Jason (and when Drew was Jason) for his own choices.

I'm honestly at a loss as to what FV's regime is trying to do here. I know they want to erase Sam from 2003 to 2012 and portray some kind of growth, but it was never, ever written well, especially in the face of the fact that Sam ran straight back into "Jason's" arms the second she found out Jake Doe was "Jason." And that's ignoring that she talked about Jason with other men for years before that. Sorry, folks, y'all fucked up.

AND if anyone wants me to believe that Jason would change for Sam....for SAM...and not, you know, for ANY OTHER FEMALE, I'm not buying it.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Jason doesn't wrestle with anything, though. There was so much lack of self-awareness on his part in those scenes with Drew, it was pretty sad actually. And that split screen did him no favors at all. Drew hit the nail on the head, no doubt. Jason was on the docks, on his way to land Sonny's shipment. If he and Sam were a couple, he wouldn't have been home with her and his son. He would have been on the docks, where he was shot and tossed into the water. If losing five years of his life doesn't force him to make a change in his life, then nothing ever will. I was glad Drew brought up Sam shooting Sonny and leaving him there to die. Meanwhile, Drew explains to him that he left Sonny for the sake of Sam and his family. 

If Sam goes back to Jason, I think she can kiss her daughter goodbye. After this display between Drew and Jason, I doubt Drew will ever want Scout to live under the same roof as Jason. And who can blame him?

Please don't get my hopes up.   I'd love to see Drew fight for his daughter.

• Love 3

For some reason, Curtis got a little "...in a town called Evening Shade" when he was recounting his love story to Sam. Just sort of an old-timey quality to that narration.

It would be funny if when the show picks up tomorrow, Jason says, "I just found out that you left Sonny to die. It's over between you and me."

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If for no other reason, this would explain why KM doesn't want Sam to go back to Jason. What actress wants to play exactly the same ass-kissing character for 15 years?  Also, from his interviews, it seems like Burton is a really selfish actor and who wants to play against someone like that for a love interest?

I think Steve is an actor who is just there to cash a check and be done with it. I don't think he does it because he loves it or anything anymore. He just wants to make enough to retire, and I'm sure his retirement plan got pushed back a lot when he and his wife had the 3rd baby so many years after they'd had their 2nd. Kelly, though, I think genuinely enjoys it. She's done basically anything they've thrown at her and she can handle the hate a lot better than Steve ever could. Man, both Kelly and Becky have endured so much hatred from all sides of those fanbases. I wish they'd do a fan event together because I think it would be really interesting to hear what they have to say about all of that, but there's some really intense feelings from both of their fanbases, so I don't know how well that would go once they were all in the same room together. Do a Facebook live or something that's heavily moderated by someone. Come on, I want to see those two really let loose with the crap they've endured. 

On another note,  I really want to see Sam and Curtis have more scenes together. I love that Drew has a friend, and a good friend, at that, not a Sonny friend. And I'd like to see Sam have some more scenes with him. I'd also like to see her have more scenes with Maxie. I can imagine Maxie could slap some sense into Sam about Jason. I also would be interested in seeing Monica have a scene with Sam about this whole thing. I'd be curious to hear her take on this all cause though she loves Jason and missed him, she really loves Drew, too. 

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, NetflixandChill said:

I think Steve is an actor who is just there to cash a check and be done with it. I don't think he does it because he loves it or anything anymore. He just wants to make enough to retire, and I'm sure his retirement plan got pushed back a lot when he and his wife had the 3rd baby so many years after they'd had their 2nd. Kelly, though, I think genuinely enjoys it. She's done basically anything they've thrown at her and she can handle the hate a lot better than Steve ever could. 

I think both SB and KM got into acting because they liked it. I don't think Kelly does it any less for the check than Steve does at this point though. Otherwise she probably would have left long ago.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

It seems to me that SB doesn't want Jason to change, he's just there to agree to what Sonny wants, save Carly, and looked like a kicked puppy.  If you love what you do, you want challenges, you want to stretch and grow and find new, exciting things to explore in your craft.  I don't get any of that feeling from SB.

From KM, I get the feelings she'd like to do more than cry and prop Jason, Do more than just wait to cash her paycheque

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Why is Drew mad at Jason though? Why does he get to stand in Jason’s face and say shit to him about him and Sam’s relationship? It was Sam who stood by all those years and took being 5th place. It was her who was “ride or die” and it’s her right now who still loves and wants Jason. Drew can shut up cause he was happy playing Jason and living that lifestyle and claiming it before the real Jason Morgan showed up. I need for any new character who came after 2012 to shut the f**k up about Jason and Sam’s relationship especially Drew and his dumb memories. 

And if Drew does try to take Scout from Sam I hope we see a meat hook in his future. What a stupid story. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

And if Drew does try to take Scout from Sam I hope we see a meat hook in his future. What a stupid story. 

Yeah, how dare he not want his daughter brought up in a house with a mobster.  The nerve! 

• Love 13
43 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

From KM, I get the feelings she'd like to do more than cry and prop Jason, Do more than just wait to cash her paycheque.

Any particular thing that makes you think so, or just an impression?

Edited by ulkis
9 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, how dare he not want his daughter brought up in a house with a mobster.  The nerve! 

Yep. 

When has Drew protested against the mob? And would it be about the mob, or just more of his unfair hatred against Jason? 

5 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

Yep. 

When has Drew protested against the mob? And would it be about the mob, or just more of his unfair hatred against Jason? 

He didn't go back to work for Sonny.  Instead he bought a media company.  

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

Yep. 

Drew even as Jake Doe was never fully into the "mob, "  Certainly not to the extent that Lassie was.  Summer of 2016 he was off trying to clear his name for being accused of killing Nik. That had zero to do with the mob.  He was pushed into finding Morgun's killer in fall of 2016, which led to Olivia Jermone.

He told Scummy he was done in January 2017.  They only really started incorporating him back into more mob stuff when Sam got her illness and wanted her to be "afraid of the mob."  Which was probably all done on purpose to split Drew completely from Lassie's ass and give Sam a completely different life since they were getting Burton back.

Still that has nothing to do with Drew not wanting his child around a gun totting shithead like Jason.  That's his daughter and if he changed his mind today about violence, it's still his daughter and he has the right to want her to live a certain life.  Sam can go sacrifice her kids for dick, Drew doesn't have to.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

He didn't go back to work for Sonny.  Instead he bought a media company.  

That’s fine. But has Drew straight out denounced the mob, and saying how he didn’t want that life for his kids cause I’m fine with him saying that. 

I just think he has unfair hatred towards Jason which doesn’t give him the right to get in Jason’s face and talk about him and Sam’s relationship regardless of some dumb memories he has. 

Just now, Jazzy24 said:

That’s fine. But has Drew straight out denounced the mob, and saying how he didn’t want that life for his kids cause I’m fine with him saying that. 

I just think he has unfair hatred towards Jason which doesn’t give him the right to get in Jason’s face and talk about him and Sam’s relationship regardless of some dumb memories he has. 

Yes. Drew had an entire speech about not wanting his kids and wife around the mob anymore.  This all happened in October after he was shot.

Those dumb memories are Jason's memories.  When Drew found out he was 'jason' in 2015, he said to Sam that "he was an idiot for leaving her that night." (when he got shot) That was before even getting his "jason" memories back.  

Billy's Jason was never actually written like Jason.  

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Hater said:

Those dumb memories are Jason's memories.  When Drew found out he was 'jason' in 2015, he said to Sam that "he was an idiot for leaving her that night." (when he got shot) That was before even getting his "jason" memories back.  

Billy's Jason was never actually written like Jason.  

I saw some of the clips of that time recently and it is amazing how much at the time, Miller as Jason played the character as being almost turned off by his previous life. There was the conversation after the incident at Alexis and Julian's wedding, when Sam told him how the whole time the gunman was there, she kept thinking if he was there, he would stop it. And he asked Sam point blank if that was the reason she was with him, because she was attracted to the danger. And he didn't seem happy about that fact. He was saying things to Carly at the time about Sonny having to learn to not solve all his problems with a gun. And when he and Sam started back down their path of getting back together, Sam kept stressing to Alexis that it wasn't going to be exactly as it was before because they weren't the same people anymore and that was okay. And that really is how the pairing was played in my opinion. Billy's Jason and Sam were not anything like previous Sam and Jason in my opinion. And that wasn't a bad thing. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9

It seems to me the main point in Lulu having a hand in Nathan's death was so they could have a reason to not have any scenes of Maxie leaning on Lulu and just have Maxie/Peter and Maxie/Nina. There's no reason Maxie couldn't grow closer to Peter and still be friends with Lulu/have scenes with Lulu and Dante. (They really hammered in the anvils of impending doom with Nathan asking Dante to be godfather, and then they don't follow up with one scene of him and Maxie? I know they're indifferent to Dante but surely they can squeeze in one scene somewhere for that.)

Speaking of Peter and contrivance, Spin could go over the financial papers for Maxie and he would also know how important it is to her.

Drew and Jason both sounded dumb during that confrontation.

Are they dragging this Franco stuff out so it can be revealed on the anniversary episode that Franco was assaulted? Happy 55th!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

But has Drew straight out denounced the mob, and saying how he didn’t want that life for his kids cause I’m fine with him saying that. 

It was Drew's idea to leave the mob and provide more stability and safety for his kids. That says "he didn't want that life for his kids" to me.

I don't think his hatred of Jason is unfair. It was because of who Jason is that Drew lost his memory and his identity and his life. Without Jason, Drew would have happily continued being a SEAL and maybe raised Oscar.  Now that Jason is back, he's not only taking back his possessions, he wants his relationship with Sam back, to replace Drew in Jake's life when he had already given up on parenting Jake, Danny back,

Moreover, if Jason takes Sam and the kids away, including Scout who is Drew's biological child, it means that they're going to be subject to the mob danger again. There isn't one of Sonny's children who hasn't suffered from being associated with the mob, from Michael's coma to Kristin's being kidnapped and later almost blown up, to Morgan's death. It's not surprising that Drew hates Jason for wanting to put the people that Drew loves in danger like that.

47 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Any particular thing that makes you think so, or just an impression?

It's just that I got the impression that she enjoyed the cat poop scenes where she got to hate the mob and the subsequent ones about Aurora media. Something different for her to do.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, amyhon said:

So it's odd to me that you think that Carly wouldn't be as broken up over Morgan's death as she described.  Morgan was her son and as a mother she will never get over that loss.  I speak from experience.  I was over a year past the death of my son before I stopped saying that it "just happened", even with therapy (started therapy even before the funeral).  That said, this gaslighting story using Carly's dead son is disgusting...and I don't even like Carly.  I will not be sad if Nelle leaves the canvas very soon.

I think there's a difference between Carly and a regular mother losing her son after raising him on a daily basis into adulthood.  When the boys were small, we always heard how they were "with Leticia" and then they had another nanny after she was murdered. Then in his early adolescence, Carly sent Morgan away to school. He spent at least one school holiday break with a friend's family. BC's Morgan expressed anger that Mom and Dad didn't come to visit him, didn't seem to want him. And for a significant amount of BC's time on the show, Carly and Sonny were either focused on Michael and the 'problem' of feeling they might not own him anymore because of AJ or focusing on ownership of Avery.

If anything, Carly should mourn/be broken up by how things might have turned out differently had she really spent time, energy and love on Morgan during his lifetime.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think both SB and KM got into acting because they liked it. I don't think Kelly does it any less for the check than Steve does at this point though. Otherwise she probably would have left long ago.

Yeah, I'm sorry but I don't understand or see how KeMo suddenly cares about the craft because she supposedly doesn't want to do JaSam. Like, I think we know why she has a preference for Billy Miller and it's not because of some freaking character story or choice, lol. But anyway.

57 minutes ago, Hater said:

Why do a split screen of the twins when one clearly looks 10 years older than the other?  This show got jokes.

They're not supposed to look like twins. Drew had surgery. 

2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Yeah, I'm sorry but I don't understand or see how KeMo suddenly cares about the craft because she supposedly doesn't want to do JaSam. Like, I think we know why she has a preference for Billy Miller and it's not because of some freaking character story or choice, lol. But anyway.

They're not supposed to look like twins. Drew had surgery. 

Plastic surgery alters your appearance, it doesn't make your skin look 10 years younger.

• Love 1