Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

But why was Francesca wearing a cocktail dress to Kelly’s? She works as a nurse, not a hostess at an upscale restaurant!

She said she wanted to change clothes to make it a date or something like that. She didn't want to be wearing scrubs, which she wore all day at work. They talked about it during the "interview." 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ouinason said:

Poor Michael has very little experience dating though.  I don't think he's ever had the traditional first date.  Abby was a hooker Sam got him, Sabrina was his nanny for Avery and Nelle wasn't really a traditional start of relationship either. He hasn't really done this in years, if at all.  

ETA:  Kiki!  I forgot one (blocked the whole thing)  That one was him sleeping with his brother's wife who he'd thought was his cousin.  

You also forgot Starr, which I don't blame you because that relationship was sooo booorring.  And also began non-traditionally given Sonny was accused of killing Starr's boyfriend and daughter.

• Love 1
On 3/20/2018 at 12:30 AM, LillyB said:

I can't believe it but I am enjoying the Drew-Franco scenes.

Me TOO !!!!!  These two are really fine actors when given even a little substance.   Together they shine !!

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

You also forgot Starr, which I don't blame you because that relationship was sooo booorring.  And also began non-traditionally given Sonny was accused of killing Starr's boyfriend and daughter.

Fuck, I had legitimately blocked that out of my memory.  Now it's back...

I couldn't believe Michael let Francesca walk away alone on the docksAt night!  That's one of the most hazardous locations in all of Port Charles ever, never mind after dark.  What a gentleman.  I was half expecting Nelle to be lurking behind some scenery, waiting to strangle her rival with Morgan's bloody hoodie/scarf/whatever the hell that thing is she's carting all over town in a shopping bag.

• Love 7

Back in the late 1990s, Guiding Light had a teenage couple on a date, talking about movies that were then-current, and the ones they were naming were (unintentionally?) hilariously wrong for those characters. The girl said "I loved A Simple Plan" and the boy said "No way! The Thin Red Line was so much better!" and these characters as written the rest of the time would have been more plausibly arguing about Antz versus A Bug's Lifeor Halloween H20 versus I Still Know What You Did Last Summer.  

The GH writer did better with Francesca and Michael's music discussion. Here's that band she was flapping her gums about.  I'd never listened to them either, but this sounds about right for her.  They are, in fact, coming out with something new in a few weeks, as she said. Writer (or writer's kid) must be a fan.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

That song is terrible.  I might like it if they had better voices and the lyrics were better. I don't think the tune sucked but it's hard to tell with the caterwauling of bad lyrics going on.

Usually I like any kind of music but this literally gave me a headache and I'm an OG 1977 NYC Punk Rocker who has seen every bad band you can imagine. This was beyond bad, I've recorded 5 cds, those warbling voices are intentionally bad. 

Are they trying to portray Franco's Mother as Heather Light? There were some angles where she looked like Crazy Heather Webber. 

I really hope we don't get any child abuse flashbacks. 

I may be the only one but I thought the Francesca/Michael date was some of the worst acting I've ever seen. I'm sorry but the actress seemed really uncomfortable to me.  Maybe if she was in a scene with somebody other than Michael she could have been better but the Kellys scene was just awful. 

Even Mr. TVEye was yelling at the television when Michael didn't walk her home, he's like "where does she live? He's letting her walk home alone? WTF is wrong with him?" I just said "It's General Hospital" to which he replied "how do you watch this shit?"

• Love 4
13 hours ago, ouinason said:

Yeah, I have no idea why Francesca was dressed that way.  Even Michael seemed surprised by it.

Reasons. Helena. Cleavage.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:03 PM, Oracle42 said:

What's the point of making the evil land developer an evil child molester? 

Evil? (but remember Ava is more evul)

• Love 1

Sounds like I missed a whole lot of nothing yesterday.

And I do think it's a problem that they've been unable to get Michael into a pairing that really sticks, that people get invested in the way they are in Jason/Sam or Dante/Lulu or Patrick/Robin.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And I do think it's a problem that they've been unable to get Michael into a pairing that really sticks, that people get invested in the way they are in Jason/Sam or Dante/Lulu or Patrick/Robin.

As always, I think it's due to CD's obvious discomfort with romantic scenes.

15 minutes ago, BlueMax said:

Is the actress playing Francesca the same actress that played grown up Avery in Ava's dream episode?

Yes. I think it's a CL situation: They bring in someone to play a one-off role and really like the actor, so they create a character to keep her around.

21 hours ago, ouinason said:

Drew and Franco play so well off of each other.  I'm sure they will start being shitty again in like a day.  

I did love Chase's reaction to their smelly selves, and Drew's "oh, no, no, don't" moment when Sam went to him the first time and then objecting again later.  That is a man who loves his wife and want's to protect her.  :)

I'm annoyed at how much I'm enjoying the Drew/Franco interaction.  I'm not annoyed with myself, I'm yet again annoyed at TPTB that insisted on making RHo Franco.  They could've made him a shady character without that ~minor baggage of being a serial killer.

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

As always, I think it's due to CD's obvious discomfort with romantic scenes.

Yeah, I don't think he's an untalented actor, but this is a soap opera and that is one area where he has constantly, consistently struggled.

It also doesn't help that Michael is such an empty shell of a character.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It also doesn't help that Michael is such an empty shell of a character.

Seriously. Being a good-guy character doesn't mean he has to have zero edge. Michael has no conflicts with anyone, or if he does, they last for a week.

• Love 5

Michael does not have any peers his age like we saw in the past (Elizabeth, Emily, Nik, Lucky) and (Dillon, Georgie, Maxie, Lulu, Sage, Diego) and it really shows.  The next generation of tweens/teens is just Josslyn and Oscar and that IS sad.

Nelle is such boring psycho, so let's pair her with Franco and ship them both off campus!

• Love 2

Way to drive your viewers to drink, Show, having two Carlys talking about dumb dead Morgan.  And gawd, then we had to hear Carly giving Kim - a woman she barely knows - grief about being friendly with Julian.  I get that kind of hypocrisy is classic Carly, but lady, you are married to the local crime boss and are BFF with a hitman, keep your judgments to yourself.

And as if I didn't hate Nelle enough, now she's driving Michael out of the Q manse and into Carly's hotel?  That's not okay.

In other news, I desperately need to Franco and Liz to get off my screen, even for a day.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Nelle is such boring psycho,

It's too bad. The actress isn't untalented, she just can't rise above the writing. This baby story is one of the first times that I've regretted Morgan's "death", though. I think it could be  interesting to see a Nelle/Morgan pairing, given the history with Jason/AJ/Michael

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

I already liked Kim, but she scored bonus points today for immediately shutting down Carly's attempts to meddle in her personal life. I guess it's not enough for Carly to be all up in her kids' or her BFF's business, her intrusiveness is the gift that keeps on giving, even when the unlucky recipient is someone she hardly knows. But how nice for Nelle that Carly conveniently has the plot device scarf picture framed on her desk. Carly also has a lot of baby pink office supplies, which doesn't seem like her at all.

This large love polygon of Anna/Finn/Alexis/Julian/Kim is still weirdly working for me. I like how it's balanced around a mixture of complicated history (Anna's past with Faison, Julexis drama) and the rejuvenation of new connections (Finn and Alexis are such a great duo, but I enjoy Kim and Julian, too). I do wish Anna would do more than obsess over her feelings with Andre, but overall this is one of my favorite things happening on the show right now.

I hate that Sam's about to drop this bomb on Drew, because he seemed so sincere when he said he was whole with Sam and the kids. This is why I prefer Drew to Jason; Drew's world is his wife and kids, whereas Jason's loyalties to Sonny and Carly will always eclipse his relationship with Sam.

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, Linny said:

I hate that Sam's about to drop this bomb on Drew, because he seemed so sincere when he said he was whole with Sam and the kids. This is why I prefer Drew to Jason; Drew's world is his wife and kids, whereas Jason's loyalties to Sonny and Carly will always eclipse his relationship with Sam.

In a way, though, Sam is the same: Jason eclipses her relationship with her kids.  I have little doubt that if the show is dumb enough to follow through on having her and Jason reunite, the first sign of him running off to do Sonny's bidding will have Sam following him and dumping the kids on Monica (which is why I hope Drew sues for custody of Scout).

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

we had to hear Carly giving Kim - a woman she barely knows - grief about being friendly with Julian.  I get that kind of hypocrisy is classic Carly, but lady, you are married to the local crime boss and are BFF with a hitman, keep your judgments to yourself.

Carly has never believed in MYOB. I loved Kim's look of horror when Carly said Drew might soon be free. And yes, the way she shut down Carly when Carly tried to badmouth Julian was great.

31 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And as if I didn't hate Nelle enough, now she's driving Michael out of the Q manse and into Carly's hotel?  That's not okay.

What else can Michael do? It would be unfair to Monica to choose between him and Nelle. As an adult (supposedly™ Silas Clay forever) who has his own money, Michael should have his own place. What happened to the apartment he shared with [redacted name]?

1 minute ago, Oracle42 said:
1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

Nelle is such boring psycho,

It's too bad. The actress isn't untalented, she just can't rise above the writing.

I'm not sure anyone could, given how it's so stacked against Nelle. CL can't even lean into being evil, because the writing also undercuts that. 

8 minutes ago, Linny said:

Carly also has a lot of baby pink office supplies, which doesn't seem like her at all.

LOL. She also has a clear glass desk like Nina's—did the hotel get a deal on those? I think LWB/FS has one as well. 

6 minutes ago, Linny said:

This large love polygon of Anna/Finn/Alexis/Julian/Kim is still weirdly working for me. I like how it's balanced around a mixture of complicated history (Anna's past with Faison, Julexis drama) and the rejuvenation of new connections (Finn and Alexis are such a great duo, but I enjoy Kim and Julian, too). I do wish Anna would do more than obsess over her feelings with Andre, but overall this is one of my favorite things happening on the show right now.

There's a glaring amount of (relative) maturity in this story that's unexpected.

7 minutes ago, Linny said:

I know. Why would Sam want to go back to a situation where she's not someone's top priority?

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What else can Michael do? It would be unfair to Monica to choose between him and Nelle. As an adult (supposedly™ Silas Clay forever) who has his own money, Michael should have his own place. What happened to the apartment he shared with [redacted name]?

I'm just more annoyed that it seems like more disavowing the Q's from Michael, him moving out of there and back under a Corinthii roof.  And Carly's glee about it wasn't just about him getting away from Nelle, I guarantee.

As for Michael's old apartment, I believe the Department of Public Health burnt it to the ground once that video of Sonny and Carly having sex on his couch was released.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why would Sam want to go back to a situation where she's not someone's top priority?

It's Jason.  <eyeroll>

Franco's line that if Jason were trapped he would just look at the door with his blue, blue eyes and it would fall before him was hilarious in the lampshading.

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, LillyB said:

Snarly shouldn't give a fuck about whoever Kim likes. It has nothing to do with her.

Carly's entire raison d'être is to stick her nose where it doesn't belong. 

I mean what she tells Jason tomorrow in the preview about everything being right in her world once he and Sam get back together is just . . . 

This isn't about Kim or Jason or Sam or Michael or extra #211, this is about Carly wanting to micromanage everyone's lives. But God forbid anyone tells her anything about her life or her past or how much of a cow she is.

It seems they will be going down the road of molestation with Franco at least. Is this in an effort to make him more sympathetic? To make the viewers feel sympathy for him? I wish they wouldn't go there. 

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, LillyB said:

Snarly shouldn't give a fuck about whoever Kim likes. It has nothing to do with her.

She a) wants Sam and Jason back together, so Kim wanting a relationship with Drew would in theory help to break up Sam and Drew b) because of her toxic relationship with Sonny she thinks Julian is scum, and thus believes Julian should be hated by all and made to suffer for the rest of his days.  

Wouldn't surprise me if she used Josslyn and Oscar to manipulate Drew away from Sam/toward Kim to give Jason a better shot at reuniting with Sam.

• Love 6

Is this a joke? Drew, Ned, Kiki, and Andre up for Emmy's?! Ummm, did these actors emote something and I missed it? Maybe I blinked or something. Oh God, Carly and Nelle, too? Now you are just yanking my chain. Wait, and Finn?! Please make it stop. 

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, LillyB said:

She a) wants Sam and Jason back together, so Kim wanting a relationship with Drew would in theory help to break up Sam and Drew b) because of her toxic relationship with Sonny she thinks Julian is scum, and thus believes Julian should be hated by all and made to suffer for the rest of his days.  

Wouldn't surprise me if she used Josslyn and Oscar to manipulate Drew away from Sam/toward Kim to give Jason a better shot at reuniting with Sam.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Is this a joke? Drew, Ned, Kiki, and Andre up for Emmy's?! Ummm, did these actors emote something and I missed it? Maybe I blinked or something. Oh God, Carly and Nelle, too? Now you are just yanking my chain. Wait, and Finn?! Please make it stop. 

They must be airing on some other feed? 

• Love 2

I think Michael should get bapped in the head and develop a new personality: louche, HoMichael. He could get involved with some older woman like AMC's Tad and Marian Colby. He could cuss out Carson on a regular basis.  Eventually the love of a semi good woman (Francesca) could help integrate the two personalities into one fairly interesting man.

TVbitch -about those Emmy noms keep in mind that these are the folks that awarded Kristina and Morgan 'best'.  

• Love 7

When Carly and Kim were talking, Carly explained how Morgan died because of a car bomb intended for someone else. I expected a strong reaction from Kim about that. When Kim first met Sonny and Carly, didn't she cut out on Thanksgiving dinner when she found out Sonny was a mob boss ? But I guess she can't complain now, since she's involved with Julian. Funny how easily Ava and Julian just stopped being in the mob, but it's impossible for Sonny.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Benji said:

When Carly and Kim were talking, Carly explained how Morgan died because of a car bomb intended for someone else. I expected a strong reaction from Kim about that. When Kim first met Sonny and Carly, didn't she cut out on Thanksgiving dinner when she found out Sonny was a mob boss ? But I guess she can't complain now, since she's involved with Julian. Funny how easily Ava and Julian just stopped being in the mob, but it's impossible for Sonny.

She already knew that Sonny was a mob boss because she had done her research, no?

I think she left because Jason showed up and she thought he was Drew. But I could be misremembering.

Yeah, Kim went into T-Day knowing about Sonny, even though I believe Sonny et. al tried pretending he was a simple coffee importer.  And her attitude was refreshingly, "Don't bother, I have eyes and ears and have lived in this town for more than five seconds, I know you're in the mob."

But yes, as I mentioned earlier, she should still be salty towards the Corinthii about that fact.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

She already knew that Sonny was a mob boss because she had done her research, no?

I think she left because Jason showed up and she thought he was Drew. But I could be misremembering.

Correct. Someone really needs to give Carly a history lesson.  Morgan is dead because Carly chose Sonny again and again, instead of being a semi-decent human in a good marriage with Jax.  Morgan involved himself with Ava and Julian as a fuck you to Sonny for not giving him responsibilities in the "bidness." Also, Sonny banged Ava on AJ's grave, hence conceiving Avery. Ava never would have had an opportunity to sneak into Morgan's room and switch out the pills without having access to the house because of Avery. Sonny and Ava and Olivia Jerome, not Julian, are responsible for Morgan's death.

• Love 7

I honestly think the reason I find Franco so annoying is because of Roger Hogworth, not despite him. Throw in his serial killer back story, its flames on the side of face. I am pissed they seem to be treating the actor with the same amount of revereance they did Tony Geary when he was on, at the expense of Genie Francis, but the show had the excuse that TG star rose on GH, wheras Roger's star rose on a different show. This entire thing is even worse than all the hoops the show went through to make Sam McCall's character happen. 

Also, people complain about the amount of babies being born, but I hate the number of weddings they have. Its like no one can date long term.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I honestly think the reason I find Franco so annoying is because of Roger Hogworth, not despite him. Throw in his serial killer back story, its flames on the side of face. I am pissed they seem to be treating the actor with the same amount of revereance they did Tony Geary when he was on, at the expense of Genie Francis, but the show had the excuse that TG star rose on GH, wheras Roger's star rose on a different show. This entire thing is even worse than all the hoops the show went through to make Sam McCall's character happen. 

What's really oddball is the show was willing to give Michael Easton like, 5 different characters, but they refused to do this for RoHo and just glued him to this Franco character that was never meant to last. And now we're at how many sob stories for Bobby? So many in fact that freaking Drew has been pulled into it for the Bobby and Andy Hour. 

• Love 10

That last Sam/Drew scene was such a mutter-fest, even by the previous standards of those two in their couch cuddles. I decided to transcribe it as I would hear it without trying to make it fit the story.   

S: I…found it in Harvey's motel room. That's how Elizabeth and I knew that he was lying. I told Elizabeth to take it down to the police station while I stayed back and [deep breath; the entire rest of the quote comes out in a gust on that breath] got the scoop on Harvey, and that's when I know you overheard him saying that he was porn foundation and then he left and I was able to sneak into his room and I got the papers anyway The Face gave me back earring this morning. 

D: Hey. Hey. Look at that.

S: Look at that. 

D: Everything is right back where it's supposed to be. Gotta dig this hole again. Thank you. Franco. 

S: Drew?

D: Yeah, baby?

S: We really need to talk. 

Yeah, and try enunciating.  

I think a busybody woman who believes she knows what's best for other people's relationships, especially (but not exclusively) her family's, is not a bad soap trope (think Karen Fairgate McKenzie on Knots Landing). but Carly's all wrong to occupy that role. It works better with someone (1) generally goodhearted and virtuous, (2) older to the point that her own mistakes are in the distant past, or (3) both virtuous and older. Carly...no. Fail.

Speaking of failures, the Nelle experiment has failed many times over. I hung in there longer than some, but that character is hopeless. The previous writing regime buried her in too many missteps. The writing and acting of Michael in relation to her isn't even giving dwindling Nelle/Michael shippers any rays of hope, as were there in some previous periods when he had enough reason to be done with her. Now he acts completely over her, but for the baby. 

I'm really not sure how good Chloe Lanier is, but I do know that what they write for her to do skirts any strengths she has. It wouldn't surprise me if five years down the line she turned up on another show or in a movie and was revealed to be good, though. She tries hard.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

That last Sam/Drew scene was such a mutter-fest, even by the previous standards of those two in their couch cuddles. I decided to transcribe it as I would hear it without trying to make it fit the story.   

S: I…found it in Harvey's motel room. That's how Elizabeth and I knew that he was lying. I told Elizabeth to take it down to the police station while I stayed back and [deep breath; the entire rest of the quote comes out in a gust on that breath] got the scoop on Harvey, and that's when I know you overheard him saying that he was porn foundation and then he left and I was able to sneak into his room and I got the papers anyway The Face gave me back earring this morning. 

D: Hey. Hey. Look at that.

S: Look at that. 

D: Everything is right back where it's supposed to be. Gotta dig this hole again. Thank you. Franco. 

S: Drew?

D: Yeah, baby?

S: We really need to talk. 

You heard that "yeah baby"? I heard grr grr EE. 

Also was he not expecting her face to be so close? He wacked her in the face with that cheek kiss.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3