Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Jazzy24 said:

Why is Drew mad at Jason though? Why does he get to stand in Jason’s face and say shit to him about him and Sam’s relationship? It was Sam who stood by all those years and took being 5th place. It was her who was “ride or die” and it’s her right now who still loves and wants Jason. Drew can shut up cause he was happy playing Jason and living that lifestyle and claiming it before the real Jason Morgan showed up. I need for any new character who came after 2012 to shut the f**k up about Jason and Sam’s relationship especially Drew and his dumb memories. 

And if Drew does try to take Scout from Sam I hope we see a meat hook in his future. What a stupid story. 

Nothing Drew does makes a lick of sense, and nothing about this story overall makes sense. It took flashes of JaSam's memory for Drew to even PURSUE or WANT Sam. Period.

3 minutes ago, Hater said:

Plastic surgery alters your appearance, it doesn't make your skin look 10 years younger.

Eh. That's not something that bothers me, I guess. SBu is older. Oh, well.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Nothing Drew does makes a lick of sense, and nothing about this story overall makes sense. It took flashes of JaSam's memory for Drew to even PURSUE or WANT Sam. Period.

Eh. That's not something that bothers me, I guess. SBu is older. Oh, well.

It doesn't bother, it's just funny side by side. I mean one of the many criticisms about Billy when he was the recast was he was too young to play Jason.  So it looks weird to me on screen. That's it.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

It seems to me the main point in Lulu having a hand in Nathan's death was so they could have a reason to not have any scenes of Maxie leaning on Lulu and just have Maxie/Peter and Maxie/Nina. There's no reason Maxie couldn't grow closer to Peter and still be friends with Lulu/have scenes with Lulu and Dante. (They really hammered in the anvils of impending doom with Nathan asking Dante to be godfather, and then they don't follow up with one scene of him and Maxie? I know they're indifferent to Dante but surely they can squeeze in one scene somewhere for that.)

Maxie hasn't had scenes with Mac and Felicia or mentioned them in awhile, either, and surely she would want her parents with her for her appointment to find out whether or not her unborn child had a gene for a degenerative disease. If the only way to force Maxie/Peter and Maxie/Nina as family (which, you and Nina are the last people I would consider family or people that care about Maxie, Valentin) is to create a contrived reason to isolate Maxie from her friends and family, I'm not looking forward to where this story is going.

Not that I want to see Dr. O ever again, but Nathan was her son and this is her grandchild Maxie is carrying, and Liesl has completely disappeared from this story. 

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Thank You!!! Like what did Jason do to him to make him so mad? His anger towards Jason is unwarranted.  

Im all for people dragging Jason. Monica, Robin, Sam, Alexis, random nurse number three, etc cause he deserves it. Jason did treat Sam horribly at times but Sam was not Jason’s victim. Her ass knew what was up running after him all these years and waiting for him after he was done with Sonny, Carly, Michael and the extra in the back. 

Sam outgrowing that mob lifestyle is great and shows character growth(she needs to acknowledge some truths about her and Jason during her “growth”)but like I said, characters who came after 2012 can STFU about Jason and Sam’s relationship no matter who has some corny memories of them. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

Thank You!!! Like what did Jason do to him to make him so mad? His anger towards Jason is unwarranted.  

Im all for people dragging Jason. Monica, Robin, Sam, Alexis, random nurse number three, etc cause he deserves it. Jason did treat Sam horribly at times but Sam was not Jason’s victim. Her ass knew what was up running after him all these years and waiting for him after he was done with Sonny, Carly, Michael and the extra in the back. 

Sam outgrowing that mob lifestyle is great and shows character growth(she needs to acknowledge some truths about her and Jason during her “growth”)but like I said, characters who came after 2012 can STFU about Jason and Sam’s relationship no matter who has some corny memories of them. 

I suppose Drew and him could just handshake it out.  If he's not angry at him, then what exactly would be the purpose of pitting the two against each other? At least Drew gets to call him out, period.  Since no one EVER truly did for decades. Whether you disagree with his unwarranted anger or not.  Jasus is not as protected as he once was by the writing. This isn't the Guza years where AJ or Lucky would be standing around like a moron taking every loss for Saint Jasus.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Not that I want to see Dr. O ever again, but Nathan was her son and this is her grandchild Maxie is carrying, and Liesl has completely disappeared from this story. 

I find it odd too that Dr O disappeared when Faison died. Dr O has a strong tie-in to the whole Maxie and Nathan story, especially since she and Faison are both related to that baby. She would want to be hovering around waiting to play a strong role in its life.

I get why Drew is mad at Jason.  No, Jason didn't force Sam the be this wishy washy hanky she's being, but damn it!

Jason is the reason.  He's the cause, not by choice but by existence.  If he'd stayed gone then none of this would be happening.  Drew's life, as it was, was totally ripped apart and most of the people he depended on, or thought cared about dropped his ass cold.  Jason is the bat that Drew has been beaten with.  Fuck the bat!!

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, Hater said:

I suppose Drew and him could just handshake it out.  If he's not angry at him, then what exactly would be the purpose of pitting the two against each other? At least Drew gets to call him out, period.  Since no one EVER truly did for decades. Whether you disagree with his unwarranted anger or not.  Jasus is not as protected as he once was by the writing. This isn't the Guza years where AJ or Lucky would be standing around like a moron taking every loss for Saint Jasus.

They shouldn’t be pitted against each other period. All three of them lost something. Jason lost 5yrs of his life, time with his children. Sam lost her husband, Drew lost his other memories? What we should feel is some sadness about the situation these characters are unfortunately in. Instead you have Jason walking around doing the same old thing. Drew being angry at Jason for no good reason and Sam just crying. This is horrible writing. 

Drew calling out Jason doesn’t get points from me. Someone who has a right to be angry at Jason should call him out. Someone who he have wronged like his mother, exes, family, etc... it just doesn’t feel like Drew have deserved the right to be the one to call him out. Anyways Sam needs to stop crying. 

• Love 4
On 3/27/2018 at 5:03 PM, HeatLifer said:

AND if anyone wants me to believe that Jason would change for Sam....for SAM...and not, you know, for ANY OTHER FEMALE, I'm not buying it.

I don't understand why Jason would need to change for somebody else at this point. He lost FIVE YEARS of his life. He spent one day with his wife and son and then didn't see them again for half a freaking decade. He wasn't there to be tested as a donor when his son had cancer. He missed out on the opportunity to make some kind of peace with his brother. He didn't get the chance to murder Franco before Jake got attached to him.

It almostkinda made sense at first because he didn't realize how much of his life he'd lost.  But now? He still doesn't want to change anything?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

They shouldn’t be pitted against each other period. All three of them lost something. Jason lost 5yrs of his life, time with his children. Sam lost her husband, Drew lost his other memories? What we should feel is some sadness about the situation these characters are unfortunately in. Instead you have Jason walking around doing the same old thing. Drew being angry at Jason for no good reason and Sam just crying. This is horrible writing. 

Drew calling out Jason doesn’t get points from me. Someone who has a right to be angry at Jason should call him out. Someone who he have wronged like his mother, exes, family, etc... it just doesn’t feel like Drew have deserved the right to be the one to call him out. Anyways Sam needs to stop crying. 

But that's not the 'story' they want to tell. They want them pitted against each other and they want the fanbases fighting over it.  The latter to me is probably the ultimate goal here....to fuel fanbase wars & it's working.  But yea the story does suck.  

I get what you're saying about Drew's anger, but no one you mentioned has ever really called Jason out and they're never going to.  It's not happening.  I'm fine with Drew calling him out because I dislike the character and for me it's nice to hear anyone say even the slightest thing that doesn't shine his halo.   

I get why Drew is mad at Jason.  No, Jason didn't force Sam the be this wishy washy hanky she's being, but damn it!

Jason is the reason.  He's the cause, not by choice but by existence.  If he'd stayed gone then none of this would be happening.  Drew's life, as it was, was totally ripped apart and most of the people he depended on, or thought cared about dropped his ass cold.  Jason is the bat that Drew has been beaten with.  Fuck the bat!!

Basically. I mean, how is the guy suppose to act?  There's going to be bitterness, there's going to be anger.  He has tried to reason with him in terms of 

Danny in that one scene where he pushed him to acknowledge that he was his dad.  Drew lost an entire life because of Jason.  You can argue he gained another life because of him, but now it looks like he's going to completely LOSE that as well.  So Jason is the bane of his existence.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1

That split screen with Drew and Jason was so weird.

I had to laugh when Curtis was telling Sam she'll get through the breakup with Drew, two minutes after telling her they'd been broken up for only two hours, so she shouldn't make any life plans just yet. Poor Curtis, stuck in the middle of those two.

What does Sam expect from Drew? Let him cool off overnight at least before trying to talk to him. And really, considering she's staring soulfully at Jason immediately after watching Drew leave the PD, Sam has no right to demand anything from Drew.

I don't care about Betsy Frank.

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Not a Drew fan but if he tells Carly to mind her own damn business tomorrow I might giggle.

I can't tell you how much I hope this happens.

• Love 1

New poster

I feel really bad for Kelly in this storyline.  I know she loves working with Billy.  If you listen to Billy talk, you can see her adores her and credits her with his Emmy nod.  They want to work together, that is why he decided to stay with the show.  Their chemestry is unreal.  With Killy, this is a huge part of their lives.  Working as a team. For Steve, it is a job.  Which is fine, he has three kids and a nice lifestyle out of it.   I think Dream are endgame, but boy is it painful to get there.  

• Love 3

Betsy Frank is not Franco's mommy--Heather is. I get sick of hearing everyone saying that Betsy is his mother and knows him so well from his childhood, yadda yadda. Her intense maternal angst, Franco's  and Kevin's and Jordan's constant chorus that she is his mom, etc grates. She was his adoptive mother for a time.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

The split screen gave me vertigo. Is that possible? Anyway, it was an interesting directing choice but one I don't need to see anytime soon. So, they each got a shiner to the face. I guess it could have been worse. Also, I hate Franco but why were they torturing poor Betsy (and, Franco) by keeping them apart? Then when Franco is able to see her she's all doped up on drugs. I still don't like I'm also over Peter. I thought he was a short tem character but he must be on contract because he's on everyday with either Maxie, Nina or Valentin. Did I mention I'm now suffering from vertigo...........

The best thing about the Sam/Jason/Drew mess is that now I can go back to hating Sam like I always have. I felt sorry for her when she was dealing with Danny’s cancer, but the only time I ever actually liked her was when she chose Drew over Jason. Years ago, someone on TWOP described Sam as running all around town “smelling Jason’s farts.” I loved that comment because it summed up the character so perfectly. Then finally, with Drew, Sam got to be more than just a fart smeller, and now that’s what she’s going back to by choosing Jason. I’m disgusted at the thought that Sam will slip right back into the empty slot in the Sonny, Carly, Jason gang. Does anyone really need to see that again?

Also, does Maxie not know that she can actually hire a financial planner, attorney, or accountant to help her? We’re  supposed to believe this genius basically ran Crimson? Come on! 

• Love 3
On 3/28/2018 at 7:41 AM, BlueberryJane23 said:

The best thing about the Sam/Jason/Drew mess is that now I can go back to hating Sam like I always have. I felt sorry for her when she was dealing with Danny’s cancer, but the only time I ever actually liked her was when she chose Drew over Jason. Years ago, someone on TWOP described Sam as running all around town “smelling Jason’s farts.” I loved that comment because it summed up the character so perfectly. Then finally, with Drew, Sam got to be more than just a fart smeller. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Betsy Frank is not Franco's mommy--Heather is.

Heather gave birth to Franco then sold him to Betsy.  I don't think that's the definition of motherhood.  Betsy raised Franco from birth to adulthood (and did a damn fine job I say sarcastically!!!).  Betsy is his mother for all intents and purposes.  

8 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I find it odd too that Dr O disappeared when Faison died.

We really hadn't seen LIesl for a while before the "Nathan needs his medical records RIGHTNOW" story happened.  She really was only used for that story and then they sent her back to the closet to finish playing cards with Cashmere and Achtung.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't understand why Jason would need to change for somebody else at this point. He lost FIVE YEARS of his life. He spent one day with his wife and son and then didn't see them again for half a freaking decade. He wasn't there to be tested as a donor when his son had cancer. He missed out on the opportunity to make some kind of peace with his brother. He didn't get the chance to murder Franco before Jake got attached to him.

And who's fault is that?  Jason's.  Because he chose to be Sonny's fart smeller instead of the a man who choses his wife and children over and above his mob boss and his enabler.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

We really hadn't seen Liesl for a while before the "Nathan needs his medical records RIGHTNOW" story happened.  She really was only used for that story and then they sent her back to the closet to finish playing cards with Cashmere and Achtung.  

I'm kinda glad we're not seeing Dr. O at the mom because you know she'd be another one fawning with concern about Franco and I do not like that friendship at all.  So instead, I can pretend she's spending a lot of time visiting Britt in the big house. #sorry #notsorry

I do wonder if we'll get to see Dr. O react when the whole Anna/LWB/FS thing comes out.  I feel like Kathleen Gati would kill that.

• Love 2

I miss Dr. O's snarking.  The show could use some more right now.

11 hours ago, Jazzy24 said:

Like what did Jason do to him to make him so mad? His anger towards Jason is unwarranted. 

Drew lost his life and all his memories because Jason chose to be the Super Hitman.  Now he's made a new life and Jason's trying to take that away from him too.

Jason could be mad at Drew because Drew took over his life with Sam and Danny, but that's not St. Jasus.

10 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't understand why Jason would need to change for somebody else at this point. He lost FIVE YEARS of his life. He spent one day with his wife and son and then didn't see them again for half a freaking decade.

His choice though.  He was the one who rejected Danny because he thought he was Franco's kid, and he was the one who chose Sonny over staying home with his wife and child.

Both men lost a lot; Jason five years with his wife and child, Drew his whole life.  A salient difference to me is that Jason lost out in part because of choices that he made whereas Drew lost because he happened to look like Jason.  (In an ironic parallel, it seems to me that Burton, like MB and Geary, has the power to choose what he wants to play while KM and BM have to go along with what he wants.)

In terms of who has the right to lash out at Jason, it's true that Drew didn't know Jason until a few months ago. But Drew has Jason's memories and he knows what Jason was thinking when he made those decisions.  He alone knows why Jason chose to help Sonny instead of staying with Sam and Danny.

4 hours ago, BlueberryJane23 said:

The best thing about the Sam/Jason/Drew mess is that now I can go back to hating Sam like I always have. I felt sorry for her when she was dealing with Danny’s cancer, but the only time I ever actually liked her was when she chose Drew over Jason. Years ago, someone on TWOP described Sam as running all around town “smelling Jason’s farts.” I loved that comment because it summed up the character so perfectly. Then finally, with Drew, Sam got to be more than just a fart smeller, and now that’s what she’s going back to by choosing Jason. I’m disgusted at the thought that Sam will slip right back into the empty slot in the Sonny, Carly, Jason gang. Does anyone really need to see that again?

It wouldn't surprise me if KM is disgusted at having to go back to it too.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't understand why Jason would need to change for somebody else at this point.…He didn't get the chance to murder Franco before Jake got attached to him.

This raises a point I had forgotten about. Before SB left, I'm know that Jason went off to kill Franco and came back saying he had. Has this ever been mentioned? Or maybe I should ask how did it get retconned? 

8 hours ago, bamajen said:

I think Dream are endgame, but boy is it painful to get there.  

Welcome, bamajen.  

I'm not so sure Dream are endgame. They were not getting the "rooting edit" from the moment OG Jason showed up. Meanwhile, the show went to the trouble of bringing Kim on, a new character played by a big name, and establishing her as the mother of Drew's young-adult child. She obviously had strong feelings for Drew the Navy SEAL when he was living his own life; she barely encountered Drew-as-"Jason."

So I think Drek (yeah, I'll coin a name for them) is endgame, and Julian will fill the role of obstacle guy for them.  

I'm pretty detached from all things Sam-related, so I'm not swayed by a preference.  

Edited by Asp Burger
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It wouldn't surprise me if KM is disgusted at having to go back to it too.

She was happy to play it, and talk about it, from 2004 until 2017.

Re: Drew knowing that Jason chose Sonny over Sam

Drew having those memories doesn't mean he FEELS those memories. Because he clearly doesn't if he's speaking from the point of view of SAM and not Jason.   He has JASON'S memories. Not Sam's. Jason views Sonny, Carly, and Michael as family, same way he viewed Sam as family. I'm not trying to debate about JaSam's relationship, so I'm not going to touch on that because I'm not interested in acting like Sam was a Robin-type "Aw, if only she could land a nice man to settle down with and have that white picket fence fantasy" character, but for Drew to act like he has no idea why Jason feels whatever he feels for Sonny and is just following Sonny around like a lapdog, which is internet hater dialogue, is not writing the story accurately. 

And, also, Jason was never the type of character to have a wife and kids. I always go back to what Brenda said to him about how he didn't deserve certain things because of his lifestyle choices. Not every character is going to mature into what we want them to be. Maybe at the end of the show, Jason could leave the business and "choose a wife and kids" if that's what needs to happen. But it doesn't actually NEED to happen. 

• Love 1

Jason neither kidnapped Drew or stole his memories -- that's on Faison. So Drew needs to take a seat or two.

And speaking of memories, thanks to @nilyank for reminding me about Jake's adventures in Helenaland. I guess he saw Drew on the island, but at that time, he still looked like Jason. (But wasn't Franco there -- for some mysterious reason -- to observe Drew being beaten by goons? Oh, nevermind, I'm getting a headache!)

Next GH t-shirt, courtesy of @Perkie: "The whole thing went around in circles and made no sense. GH."

• Love 2

I was never a Sam fan but thought Kelly was adorable enough anytime I saw her off screen (interviews, DWTD, etc.).  However, I am just now realizing how bad of an actress KM really is.  Sam lacks chemistry with everyone right now which I find odd considering she is in a relationship with Billy Miller in real life.  However, I think he has a lot more chemistry with TB (who also has a lot of chemistry with William deVry) and I think Steve Burton has more chemistry with (don't hate me for saying this) Laura Wright who also had some real chemistry with Ingo Rademacher. So basically, everyone else on this show seems (except Chad Duell, bless his heart) to be able to have chemistry with various characters and Kelly Monaco just doesn't. 

• Love 1

I don’t think Tamara and Billy have anything in the little I’ve watched. She’s a strange actress overall. They also don’t look good aesthetically to me. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

. So basically, everyone else on this show seems (except Chad Duell, bless his heart) to be able to have chemistry with various characters and Kelly Monaco just doesn't. 

It's her detached persona. She seems to be sleepwalking in every scene. When she's crying and stopped up she mumbles even more than usual. Look at the contrast in the scene today where she first met Jason in the police interrogation room. She used to act alive, but now it's as if the zombies got her soul at some point.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TheMediaHo said:

But wasn't Franco there -- for some mysterious reason -- to observe Drew being beaten by goons?

No.  Franco went with Drew last summer to find out what happened on the island, but he wasn't there the first time around.  

Did the kiss between Bensch and Kiki actually happen?   I ask because it feels like something was cut off.  He grabbed her face and kissed her, then they immediately went to commercial.  When they came back, Kiki had already pushed him off of her and was yelling at him.  He seemed surprised by her reaction and I wondered if that split second coming back from commercial had been cut (as sometimes happens with my channel coming out of commercial)  and that she only "thought" he had kissed her.  Anyone?  

GH needs a new hair stylist for the women, STAT. Kim had just delivered a baby, and her hair was a twisted bundled up mess. She needs to lose that stringy teenage look and get a chic cut. Carly's hair is a horsey look desperately in need of a shape and is too long, Maxie looks like she chews the ends and has uneven and unglam locks, Betsy Frank never got the memo on long gray hair, and Nina's is a mop of several lengths. Sam's hair has looked greasy and needing a thorough shampoo for weeks.

The men on the show tend to have neat haircuts and necks. Scotty's is freakish, but he probably cuts his own with nail scissors.

• Love 2

I don't quite know what to make of the JaSam scenes today. It felt like something shifted in Sam, that though she was reluctant to turn away from the memories and love between her and Jason, she was also certain that she had to let that chapter close in order to move forward with her life. But Jason's statement that all he will ever want is to be with Sam is debilitating for the future of his character if there's no plan to reunite them. Having Jason be so stalwart in his feelings strangles the potential for him to exist outside of Sam's sphere. I don't think it's romantic that Jason refuses to move on, I think it's sad that he's unwilling to change, that the show isn't brave enough to stretch his character in any significant way. He's been revived after five years only to pick up right where he left off, working for Sonny and making Sam empty promises he can't keep. He will never be someone I can root for or someone I can see as a viable romantic partner for Sam if he remains so utterly stagnant. 

• Love 6

@ByaNose yes, Peter is on contract. So is, sigh, Oscar. I suppose FV is afraid of losing him like he lost first Oscar but a) don't think he has to worry about that and b) even if he did a new Oscar every month would probably be the best thing about him.

Not that I am really rooting for either pairing, but Dante/Maxie and Peter/Lulu would have been the soapier story. I certainly buy Maxie turning to Dante, who she has known a long time and was Nathan's close friend, better than Peter. And ER and WR have more chemistry than KSt and WR, imo.

But maybe Maxie will figure out Peter's secret without it turning romantic and run to Dante and Lulu will comfort Peter?

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I think there's a difference between Carly and a regular mother losing her son after raising him on a daily basis into adulthood.  When the boys were small, we always heard how they were "with Leticia" and then they had another nanny after she was murdered. Then in his early adolescence, Carly sent Morgan away to school. He spent at least one school holiday break with a friend's family. BC's Morgan expressed anger that Mom and Dad didn't come to visit him, didn't seem to want him. And for a significant amount of BC's time on the show, Carly and Sonny were either focused on Michael and the 'problem' of feeling they might not own him anymore because of AJ or focusing on ownership of Avery.

If anything, Carly should mourn/be broken up by how things might have turned out differently had she really spent time, energy and love on Morgan during his lifetime.

Well Carly is a fictional character, but if we look at these people as though they are real my response is still the same.  She is his mother...Morgan wasn't a cat or a dog, he was her child.  Regardless of how much time she spent with him she clearly loved him based on her actual interactions with him and her reaction to losing him.  If Carly were a real person it is likely that she would be mourning lost opportunities, you don't expect your children to die before you...the natural order of things says that your children will bury you not the other way around.  The fact that Carly didn't spend as much time with her child as she should have would not change how Nelle's actions would affect her.  Gaslighting Carly using her child is specifically designed to cause Carly the maximum amount of pain because Nelle knows she loves her son, misses him and will never get over his loss. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Hater said:

Drew lost an entire life because of Jason.  You can argue he gained another life because of him, but now it looks like he's going to completely LOSE that as well.  So Jason is the bane of his existence.

People keep saying this, but actually Drew lost an entire life because of Faison.  Perhaps he did suffer more than Jason because he lost all his memories and all Jason lost was 5 years of his life and time with his children.

Edited by amyhon
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

I don't buy for one second that Jason would always want Sam. Guza has to be crying rn. Sam would have been dropped so quick on his watch in this story.

I don't think so. Guza had Jason declaring his love for Sam pretty often, it's just that she did the same thing. Under Guza, Sam might've, possibly, been torn because occasionally Guza opted for angst with Jason,  but even then there would've been a bit more nuance and Sam would've been obviously and inarguably still in love with Jason from the moment he showed up instead of randomly weeks later  after an explosion - both because that's a better, soapier story and because it's actually in character.

Guza would've had a much bigger problem with BM's version of Jason - with the karaoke, clown noses and the dancing to Taylor Swift

• Love 1

Forgive me, guys, as I have only been watching intermittently, but I'll just be over here waiting for the reveal that Drew was somehow in on the memory switch all along. I mean, he currently doesn't know he's evil and was in on it,  but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he finds that out along the way. 

Also, I can't quit hate watching this damn show. So, I've given up ever fully letting it go. I'll just watch JaSam reunite with stank face on. 

37 minutes ago, amyhon said:

People keep saying this, but actually Drew lost an entire life because of Faison.  Perhaps he did suffer more than Jason because he lost all his memories and all Jason lost was 5 years of his life and time with his children.

Faison only picked Drew because he was his twin, guilty by association.  But that's not even what I was saying. Why wouldn't Drew have anger towards him over the situation given he's only in it because of being Jason's "twin?" This was never going to be a handshake routine between the characters.  Of course he's bitter and angry at him.  I have no issue with people calling out his anger, but other than tapping him on the shoulder and moving on, the story wasn't going to be written like that.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

GH needs a new hair stylist for the women, STAT. Kim had just delivered a baby, and her hair was a twisted bundled up mess. She needs to lose that stringy teenage look and get a chic cut. Carly's hair is a horsey look desperately in need of a shape and is too long, Maxie looks like she chews the ends and has uneven and unglam locks, Betsy Frank never got the memo on long gray hair, and Nina's is a mop of several lengths. Sam's hair has looked greasy and needing a thorough shampoo for weeks.

The men on the show tend to have neat haircuts and necks. Scotty's is freakish, but he probably cuts his own with nail scissors.

The comment about Scotty cracked me up.  I do agree with you about the females' hair on this show.  Nelle and Lulu have the worst, in my opinion.  The stick straight, stringy, split end thing that Lulu has going on is absolutely terrible.  Nelle has that odd far too long and shapeless style going on. In fact, the only female on this show who I think actually has good hair is Elizabeth.

• Love 3

People keep saying this, but actually Drew lost an entire life because of Faison.  

Faison only picked Drew because he looked like Jason, guilty by association. 

And the reason Jason was his target was because he was a criminal.  His choices are why he was on Faison's radar and why Drew was picked.  Had Jason just been Jason Quartermaine, M.D. or even Jason Morgan, mechanic, Drew wouldn't be in this pickle.  So, yeah, there's more than cause for Drew to be pissed at Jason.  

In fact, the only female on this show who I think actually has good hair is Elizabeth.

I like Nina's hair, too.  

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't think so. Guza had Jason declaring his love for Sam pretty often, it's just that she did the same thing. Under Guza, Sam might've, possibly, been torn because occasionally Guza opted for angst with Jason,  but even then there would've been a bit more nuance and Sam would've been obviously and inarguably still in love with Jason from the moment he showed up instead of randomly weeks later  after an explosion - both because that's a better, soapier story and because it's actually in character.

Guza would've had a much bigger problem with BM's version of Jason - with the karaoke, clown noses and the dancing to Taylor Swift

Meh.  I think this had more to do with Frons and KeMo than Guza wanting Jason attached to Sam long term after 2008.  Jason's soul mate is Sonny!

• Love 1

Jason and Sam have to be the most overrated pairing in soap history.  It's probably mostly from the Sam fanbase in all honestly who pushed it and pushed, but meh I never understood the fascination with two people just dimly staring at each other.  

All this "soulmate" nonsense was also tossed out the window when they effectively had Sam sleeping with his brother for 2 years and not knowing. Or did she really know deep inside and just didn't care?

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Linny said:

I don't think it's romantic that Jason refuses to move on, I think it's sad that he's unwilling to change, that the show isn't brave enough to stretch his character in any significant way.

He doesn't even consider that there's another option. I'd like him to at least think about why he lost five years. Of course he'd stick with Sonny, but it would be nice to have that be an active choice instead of just continuing the status quo.

I thought Drew and Sam were taking some time apart so Sam could figure out what she wanted, but she and Drew are dunzo? It's over?

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

But maybe Maxie will figure out Peter's secret without it turning romantic and run to Dante and Lulu will comfort Peter?

I can see Peter putting on the breaks before things get too far into romance with Maxie. She might be ready for grief sex, but they're trying to show him as being respectful of her.

1 hour ago, Hater said:

All this "soulmate" nonsense

I don't take any of this crap seriously. "Soul mate" is thrown around all the time, and previous relationships are always trashed to make the current one seem legitimate. I don't hold any of that stuff against the characters. It's too much of a soap trope.

• Love 5

Maybe Sam was secretly happy that Jason was finally putting her first and didn't want to question why too closely.

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And the reason Jason was his target was because he was a criminal.  His choices are why he was on Faison's radar and why Drew was picked.  Had Jason just been Jason Quartermaine, M.D. or even Jason Morgan, mechanic, Drew wouldn't be in this pickle.  So, yeah, there's more than cause for Drew to be pissed at Jason. 

Yeah.  Faison wanted Jason for his criminal skills.  Unable to control the real Jason, he kidnapped his brother thinking that the skills would transfer along with the memories.

6 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Drew having those memories doesn't mean he FEELS those memories. Because he clearly doesn't if he's speaking from the point of view of SAM and not Jason.   He has JASON'S memories. Not Sam's. Jason views Sonny, Carly, and Michael as family, same way he viewed Sam as family. [snip]

And, also, Jason was never the type of character to have a wife and kids. I always go back to what Brenda said to him about how he didn't deserve certain things because of his lifestyle choices. Not every character is going to mature into what we want them to be. Maybe at the end of the show, Jason could leave the business and "choose a wife and kids" if that's what needs to happen. But it doesn't actually NEED to happen. 

Drew doesn't need to feel what Jason was feeling, knowing what he was thinking is enough.  Jason: Sam wants me to stay home with her and Danny now that he's back. Sonny wants me to go to the docks.  I will go to the docks because Sonny asking me to do that is >>>>> than what Sam wants me to do.  Of course, Drew's feelings about Sam is going to affect how angry he is about that, just as Jason will never forgive Franco for Michael's rape, but the basis is Jason's memories of the situation.

If Jason views Sam in the same way he views Sonny, Carly and Michael, there is something seriously wrong there.  She's his wife and Jake and Danny are his kids. He should put them above his bro/boss Sonny, the woman he enables, and the child he took from his own brother.

I agree that no everyone needs to have a wife and kids. (The Good Doctor, I'm looking at you.) Jason is best as a lone wolf and Baby Whisperer for other people's children, and that seems to be how SBu wants to play him. So why break up a good relationship (Sam/Drew) for something that will never fit Jason?

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe Sam was secretly happy that Jason was finally putting her first and didn't want to question why too closely.

Yeah.  Faison wanted Jason for his criminal skills.  Unable to control the real Jason, he kidnapped his brother thinking that the skills would transfer along with the memories.

Drew doesn't need to feel what Jason was feeling, knowing what he was thinking is enough.  Jason: Sam wants me to stay home with her and Danny now that he's back. Sonny wants me to go to the docks.  I will go to the docks because Sonny asking me to do that is >>>>> than what Sam wants me to do.  

Didn't Benny call him that night? It was more, hey, Benny's calling me and saying someone is gunning for him, better check into it. Now he could have asked someone else to do it but it wasn't a "I will automatically do what Sonny wants over what Sam wants" situation.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought Drew and Sam were taking some time apart so Sam could figure out what she wanted, but she and Drew are dunzo? It's over?I

They're done for the time being.  Let's say 4 months so she can land in Lassie's bed again.

Edited by Hater