Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, lala2 said:

First, why was she bothering Franco? She left him so he could deal with his secrets.

She showed him a picture Jake wanted him to see. I guess Franco isn't spending time with him anymore, which, not good, Bob. Way to destabilize a kid who likely already has abandonment issues. The rest of that nonsense with Franco—and Jason—was completely stupid. Poor Elizabeth. Poor Rebecca Herbst.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, LexieLily said:

the check she gave to Curtis, and it was dated today's date, 1918.

Isn't that done on purpose though?  In case someone decides to take a screen shot of it and try to cash the cheque for real or some such nonsense!

43 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She showed him a picture Jake wanted him to see.

Speaking of, very telling that Liz only talked about Jake missing Franco.  I assume Carter and Alfred are thrilled he's gone.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of, very telling that Liz only talked about Jake missing Franco.  I assume Carter and Alfred are thrilled he's gone.

Even with Franco gone,  Abra and Cadabra realized that Liz would still be unable to remember their real names.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, CompltelySweet said:

. . . their whole convo yesterday was weird and awful. I almost wish RH had played it even more unhinged and belligerent, coz that would at least have matched SB's facial expressions and the backing away slowly response, would have been roll-your-eyes-amusing. What was even the point? To show that she's obsessed with her relationship with Franco, and with defending it, even when no one gives a shit or is actively attacking her? They've already played that out a million times. The scene was just plain stupid and nonsensical, and that deeply annoys me.

I hear you! The scene was just downright strange. They were talking about Faison, and suddenly Elizabeth brings up Franco moving out. Why? Jason didn't ask her about Franco? What was the point? And then she just seemed to go on a tear about loving Franco, him loving her and her boys, him being a good guy, her needing to step away . . . I was like, "What is this?" She and Jason aren't besties. I'm not even sure why she brought up Franco. 

As a Franco and Friz fan, I couldn't agree more with the bolded. Jason wasn't bothering her about Franco at that moment, so she didn't need to bring him up! If Jason had started talking about Franco, then the scene would have made some sense but as it aired, it just made Elizabeth seem crazy! 

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She showed him a picture Jake wanted him to see. I guess Franco isn't spending time with him anymore, which, not good, Bob. Way to destabilize a kid who likely already has abandonment issues. The rest of that nonsense with Franco—and Jason—was completely stupid. Poor Elizabeth. Poor Rebecca Herbst.

I guess. If she had just given him the picture and invited him to come hang out w/Jake and the boys or whatever, that would have been fine, but I just found it strange how angry she got that Franco hadn't really moved on addressing his issues. Is she really surprised? It's clearly not something he wants to address. 

Elizabeth left Franco b/c she felt he couldn't be w/her and have all these outstanding issues, which cause him to not be completely honest w/her about every single thing that ever happened to him in his life. I have my own issues w/that, but whatever . . . that was her reason for leaving him. She wanted him to deal w/his issues.  Okay. That was her decision. She can't get upset w/him for dragging his feet.  He'll deal w/his issues when he deals w/them.  I don't know. She's just real pushy to me, and I find it very annoying!! She was worse w/Jason though. That entire scene made no sense at all. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Hater said:

I think the only purpose of that scene was to make Liz look crazy and pathetic towards Jason as she has in the past.  That's it.

2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It also made her look crazy and pathetic about Franco per usual.  Get a hobby, Liz.

Yeah . . . I gotta agree w/you both! That scene did Liz no favors, and I'm not even a Liz fan.

If Liz is upset w/Franco for dragging his feet on therapy or if she thinks they may not be able to get back together b/c of his childhood trauma or whatever, she should have been unloading all her frustration in a scene w/Kim or even Epiphany or Felix. That scene w/Jason made no sense. They aren't good friends like that. 

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It also made her look crazy and pathetic about Franco per usual.  Get a hobby, Liz.

Her only job on the show is to play Franco's girlfriend, but that's the fault of the writers who have minimized her beyond belief.  But I guess it's better than what Ron did to her in 2015 with Jake Doe- that's when it completely went off the rails for that character and she really hasn't recovered much since.

But I think Becky Herbst is fine with where Liz is and really enjoys the Friz stuff.

I'm just sick of these women looking like sad sacks of shit for the likes of Jason and Franco- the town murderers. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Should we start taking bets on Nelle? Although in her case, there's a good chance Jason will bump her off for messing with his boo.

My theory: Griffin will overhear something and blow everything out of proportion and end up ending things with Ava. Or, if he doesn't end things, he will need some space or something and she will freak out. Nelle will take the brute of her anger and end up dead, most likely by a freak accident. This will be right after the baby is born or will cause her to go into labor.  In any case, she will be dead at the hands of Ava and rather than being grateful and/or acting like they don't care that Ava killed Nelle, Sonny and Carly will use that as further evidence that Ava is Satan incarnate and must be kept away from Avery at all costs.

• Love 1

So Mike's already regressing to childhood?  Why is the show barreling through this story?

Meanwhile, on the other end of the spectrum, this Franco shit has been going on an age.  Just stop.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So Mike's already regressing to childhood?  Why is the show barreling through this story?

Meanwhile, on the other end of the spectrum, this Franco shit has been going on an age.  Just stop.

They probably only signed Max Gail for something short-term and to give Mo Wayne's World-esque ~Oscar clips, so lightning speed it is.

• Love 2

I'm digging Ava's new short hair, it's very chic and suits her nicely. I'm not surprised she relented and looked in the envelope, but I don't really get why she cared so much in the first place. It's also weird timing to bring her back into the loop with Jason/Faison/Henrik when her involvement has been almost nonexistent since she returned from Russia. 

Mike's decay is happening at a super fast rate, but I thought it was sweet of Michael to document some of Mike's stories to preserve his memory for Avery/Rocco/the new baby. I have no ideas about what Mike was referencing with "the field in Croton," but if it involves Sonny it's definitely nothing good. Again, I think it's weird timing to throw this detail in out of nowhere.

For as much as I rag on Franco, I do think Howarth is capable of turning in a good performance, and I liked how we could see Franco dropping his skepticism and his defenses and sinking into the hypnosis. I also really enjoyed the camera switch from a vulnerable and scared Franco to a close-up of Jim Harvey exiting the elevator, that was a cool shot to end the episode on.

• Love 4

Mike was panicked because he thought he was a child and his parents were worried about him.  What does Sonny do to "help" Mike....SCREAM at him that his parents are dead.  He could have told him that he had just talked to them, his parents were fine and that they arranged for Mike to stay with Sonny for a few days.   It can be said enough Sonny is a big giant self centered ass.

• Love 19
(edited)

Someone mentioned acting tics upthread, and that immediately brought to mind MB's growing habit of switching to a whisper for emphasis. He's used it too much (daily), and it's lost its effect. And usually when he's doing it, we're getting a closeup, and that brings me to my other issue that keeps taking me out of the scenes. Both MB and RoHo have obviously died their hair. Nothing makes the dye job more obvious than a zoom lens showing lots of gray stubble and a head of hair with nary a gray in sight. Show, if you want to make the age of the characters indeterminate, have them shave. That's about all I got out of today.

Edited by rur
  • Love 1

Bad haircut for Chad. He looks pretty manly lately but that was making him look dweeby again.

I liked Ava's hair too. 

Bright lipstick doesn't distract from the touch-ups LW did to her face.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Probably because it's depressing.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They probably only signed Max Gail for something short-term and to give Mo Wayne's World-esque ~Oscar clips, so lightning speed it is.

I’d love it if Max Gail got a guest Emmy (or whatever), and MB got zilch. Heh.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

Mike was panicked because he thought he was a child and his parents were worried about him.  What does Sonny do to "help" Mike....SCREAM at him that his parents are dead.  He could have told him that he had just talked to them, his parents were fine and that they arranged for Mike to stay with Sonny for a few days.   It can be said enough Sonny is a big giant self centered ass.

SONNY, YOU DUMB FUCK!

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I’d love it if Max Gail got a guest Emmy (or whatever), and MB got zilch. Heh.

Wouldn't that be a poetically beautiful moment!!  Could happen!!

2 hours ago, seasons said:

LW's makeup was so harsh today.

And MW's hair - feels like they still can't get it right.

It looked okay from the front, but the back of it looked like maybe Avery lopped the bottom off with some pinking shears.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, lala2 said:

Yeah . . . I gotta agree w/you both! That scene did Liz no favors, and I'm not even a Liz fan.

If Liz is upset w/Franco for dragging his feet on therapy or if she thinks they may not be able to get back together b/c of his childhood trauma or whatever, she should have been unloading all her frustration in a scene w/Kim or even Epiphany or Felix. That scene w/Jason made no sense. They aren't good friends like that. 

Admittedly I haven't watched the scene so I'll take all y'all's word that the scene was weird but Jason and Liz used to be good friends. After Lucky "died" they became friends and Liz has a history of unloading her personal stuff on Jason and defending whatever crazy crap her current love interest is doing while Jason basically implies she's wrong through his face if not outright saying it.  Ric, Lucky, that one dude who kidnapped her....  Liz always gets stuck in the "defending her man beyond all reason" stories.  And of course Jason is always right. My poor girl Liz.  

Edited by MissL
  • Love 5

Apropos of nothing, I think KS has done a really good job with Maxie and her grief. That said, her long fake eyelashes take me out of scenes sometimes. They could find some shorter ones that are more flattering to her, I think. I also like TB as an actress but two things bother me: 1) She’s so very thin that it’s painful to look at her and 2) her acting tic of looking at someone’s chest, then his eyes, then his chest, then his eyes. I know I’ve mentioned this before but I can’t seem to see anything else when she’s on screen. No other actor I know does this so she just needs to stop doing that!

• Love 2

Mike was regretting that he couldn't tell Avery and Michael's kid stories, and Michael says there might be a way. Cut to Michael having some tech and Sonny saying, "What's all this about?" Really? He couldn't figure it out? LOL.

So glad MW went back to being blonde. I also like the length of her hair now. I didn't like Ava getting shirty about Griffin not telling her about the contents of the envelope. It's not about trusting her; by this point she should know that. Ugh. Though he didn't explain it properly, of course—would it be so hard to say it was about a patient?—so naturally she looks anyway. 

I'm so disgusted that Sonny can't do the bare minimum to understand what's going on with Mike. 

SBu's listening face is UCG.

• Love 7
(edited)

Michael may for now and forever be the SLS, but at least he did some freakin' homework on Alzheimer's and how to handle Mike.  Sonny just screamed as if that was going to do any good. 

LOL at Ava finding Morgan's manly man mature cologne.  As if that frat boy would wear anything other than Axe Body Spray.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 17

What does Sonny do to "help" Mike....SCREAM at him that his parents are dead. 

That scene is the emmy reel that should be sent in.  Poor Carly and Sonny.  Yes, horrible stuff is happening to them, and these stories are not mob related.  But these are two felons who live off of illegal and violent criminal actions against people who got themselves into sticky situations probably due to bad life stuff - like not having enough money to cover medical bills to care for a sick elderly parent.

So fierce Jason, the guy who couldn't even keep his wife safe on their honeymoon, is basically broadcasting in town that he is going to MURDER someone and no one except Griffin (doctor confidentiality) and Anna (potential mother/target) seems to have any issues with this.

Do they really need the red painting that looks like blood spray from a murder scene? 

Couldn't Kevin have a private practice some other place?  Franco seems to have parked his derriere at the hospital.  What a disgusting use of the hospital.  It has been YEARS that we viewers have watched RC/FV/Writers/Actors try to reform the character.  It's been one failure after another.  What's so difficult about creating a plot where there Franco discovers that he has an identical twin who ends up killing Franco.  I dread having to hear Franco whine for another year but it seems to be the only solution (if they want to keep Roho).  Franco did bad stuff to Mike and Sam who are always portrayed as victims on this soap plus they prop up Carson and Jason.  When is the last time that Mike did something bad (GH bad)?

The only recent humor on this show was the opening shot of the red sox mug on Nathan's desk.  Is there any levity on this show?

• Love 4

I had lunch today with a friend whose husband died of early onset Alzheimers and now she volunteers at least once a week in the home where he died, and she said about the elderly "How hard is it to just sit quietly and listen?"

Apparently it's impossible for Sonny.

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

LOL at Ava finding Morgan's manly man mature cologne.  As if that frat boy would wear anything other than Axe Body Spray.

"'Subtle, Yet Nuanced': the new fragrance Morgan would never wear by Calvin Klein."

• Love 8
7 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Mike was panicked because he thought he was a child and his parents were worried about him.  What does Sonny do to "help" Mike....SCREAM at him that his parents are dead.

First, I thought that, obviously, he didn't read any of the literature about what to expect that Auntie Stella left for them. I then realized that Sonny probably can't read. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't even get why KSt is wearing fake eyelashes. Is mascara not enough?

Especially when she crawled out of bed the other day wearing them, with smokey eyeshadow intact.  I guess she's taking a page out of nurse Amy's book, who always has fake eyelashes at work.

Who in wardrobe hates Jackie Z?  Carly's makeup was awful, but at least they put a bright lipstick color on her rather than that skin-tone stuff that Ava has been wearing. 

Is it ever going to occur to Carly, or those around her, who has it in for her?  "Sonny's enemies"?  Really?  I'm sure they'd just shoot you, none of these silly little games. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I had lunch today with a friend whose husband died of early onset Alzheimers and now she volunteers at least once a week in the home where he died, and she said about the elderly "How hard is it to just sit quietly and listen?"

Apparently it's impossible for Sonny.

I watched the disease change my mild-mannered grandmother into someone who was - at times, not always - aggressive. I do get the frustration. But for Sonny to SCREAM at Mike? No.

Mike isn't in control, but as usual, Sonny can't look outside himself and even fake empathy for his father's plight (based on reading posts here).

• Love 9
8 hours ago, ciarra said:

Is it ever going to occur to Carly, or those around her, who has it in for her?  "Sonny's enemies"?  Really?  I'm sure they'd just shoot you, none of these silly little games. 

I'm liking the sound of Sonny's enemies.

• Love 3

In Baby Swap 2018 news, I noticed in the Maxie/Chase scene from the other day that Maxie doesn't know the sex of the baby and has no real desire to learn it, which would certainly make it easier for a child to be swapped in or out of her arms.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Presumably Maxie would find out immediately after giving birth that she had a boy or girl, though, so not caring now doesn't really matter.

Doesn't what's her face know the gender of the baby already? I thought there was something about Maxie wanting a baby gender reveal party and compared herself to Sam not wanting to know anything and getting angry with her, and what's her face got all interested.

I've completely blanked out on her name, btw.

13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

They are not making Sonny sympathetic AT ALL.

On the next General Hospital, *whoosh*, Casa Del Moobster suffers a power outage. While Michael is going around lighting candles, Sonny is yelling at the darkness, blaming Ava for the outage because she killed Morgan.

* And a majority of Sonny fans will believe this.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Presumably Maxie would find out immediately after giving birth that she had a boy or girl, though, so not caring now doesn't really matter.

Well, there could be some kind of medical thing that happens during the delivery - especially given, since this is a soap opera, she'll probably deliver in the middle of the woods or something, somewhere far away from the hospital - where Maxie is unconscious and thus never sees the baby until after it's been swapped.

I don't know if Nelle knows what she's having, and the (who)'s obviously don't know yet.

I could see them all being boys, given Maxie already has a girl, Nelle has been taunting Carly about naming her child Morgan, and I really want the (who)'s kid to be named Tony.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I could see them all being boys, given Maxie already has a girl, Nelle has been taunting Carly about naming her child Morgan, and I really want the (who)'s kid to be named Tony.

Or Alan Quartermaine III.  That might make Carly's head explode, too.

• Love 3
(edited)

Liz: You can come visit Franco with me and Jake, or I can lock you back in the attic.

Cary/Ashton (in unison): Attic, attic, attic!

I just...I thought we'd at least give a five minute Liz/Franco breakup out of this never-ending story, but it wasn't even five seconds!  And look at Liz being all salty with the Jason who doesn't want to hear her Franco nonsense, but all fawn-y over the one who's coming around on him.  Blech, blech, blech.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Oh my goodness!  We actually had Corky and Alonzo mentioned by Jake!  Someone remembers those two exist.

Are we supposed to be on Kiki's side here?  Because I really think she is coming across as a ridiculous bitch.  The doctor made a pass at her, she rejected him, he has apologized and took no for an answer.  She continues to tell him he is absolutely terrible and that he is going to be reported.  Calm down, Keeks.

And we aren't supposed to like Julian, right?  Because, aside from his stupid "Ted" joke, he seems to be the most mature of the adults on the show right now.  He understands the complication with Kim and Drew and wants to make sure everything is settled there before jumping into a relationship. He puts up with Molly being a royal bitch to him and hasn't banned her from his establishment which I think shows great restraint on his part, he is trying to move on with his life while his ex-wife shows up at his pub constantly with another guy because... reasons.  Goodness help me, I'm like the Jerome family much more than I will ever like Sonny, King of GH, Michael, the crowned princess, and her royal highness Carly. 

• Love 9
(edited)
20 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Oh my goodness!  We actually had Corky and Alonzo mentioned by Jake!  Someone remembers those two exist.

Are we supposed to be on Kiki's side here?  Because I really think she is coming across as a ridiculous bitch.  The doctor made a pass at her, she rejected him, he has apologized and took no for an answer.  She continues to tell him he is absolutely terrible and that he is going to be reported.  Calm down, Keeks.

And we aren't supposed to like Julian, right?  Because, aside from his stupid "Ted" joke, he seems to be the most mature of the adults on the show right now.  He understands the complication with Kim and Drew and wants to make sure everything is settled there before jumping into a relationship. He puts up with Molly being a royal bitch to him and hasn't banned her from his establishment which I think shows great restraint on his part, he is trying to move on with his life while his ex-wife shows up at his pub constantly with another guy because... reasons.  Goodness help me, I'm like the Jerome family much more than I will ever like Sonny, King of GH, Michael, the crowned princess, and her royal highness Carly. 

Julian talking about his daughter & her husband to the former lover doesn't sound really mature to me.  lol.  He sounded like he was almost egging Kim on to go talk to Drew and figure it out.  Which again is strange...since that's his daughter's husband.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1