Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Speaking of Lucy, I remember it being pretty wild when mousy little Lucy Coe was finally shown alone, letting her freak flag fly. That was a great reveal,  and would have been a cool moment to revisit.

That was what hooked me on GH three decades ago. Despite all the crap the show has provided, it's still my favorite soap all these years later.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, nilyank said:

They [Kevin and Lucy] had a lovely scene together and another one with Mac and Felicia.

Aw, wonderful to hear!  I'll definitely have to watch the ep when I get a chance.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

What in the ever loving hell was that yesterday?  Seiously...they consider THAT a 55 anniversary show??  WTF???  Tne show is on my dvr, but the actual last shows I watched was Nathan's death and funeral (very reminiscent of Ryan death on my beloved AW).  Due to time, I ended up deleting several weeks eps after that...they didn't look intersting and I didnt have time to watch.  I happened to be home March 2 for a snow day and watched show live...it was episode that ended with earthquake cliff hanger.  Once again I had weeks of eps piled up and deleted without watching because i realized I don't care about 90 percent of the characters and I especially don't care about Sonny & Carly and it is not worth my time.  

Once again yesterday I watched live (well, had in on while I cleaned) and was like WTF is this??  The few flashbacks were nice to see,  but only served to reiterate what the show used to be, and it now pales in comparison.  I was yelling at tv at end with the Sonny bs.  They actually used SONNY to close out anniv show?  They made SONNY & CARLY the grande dames of the show now and it is nauseating.  They are horrible horrible people and  I just cannot anymore. TPTB just dont get it, and I doubt they ever will.  

I used to read here for years about fans who left Gh and were on the barge, and didnt get why.  I apologize to all of you now because I finally understand.  I hope there is room for me on the Lido deck!  Goodbye GH....thanks for the memories from your hey day.

• Love 11
On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎30 at 2:45 AM, sunnyface said:

The writers have her in a cycle where there is no grey area.  FV doesn't seem to care much about the character and has spent vastly greater amounts of time trying to humanize Valentine.  When is the last time that Lulu had a positive story?  The guy who murdered her brother is somehow now considered an elder of Port Charles and Lulu's mother is off screen so some newbie male actor can play the role of a 'good' guy with bad genes.  Who cares about the Spencer family?  I won't even comment on how ridiculous it is to continue on with trying to make Michelle Stafford fit in to this soap.  Stick a fork in Nina.

Meanwhile, the writers sometimes can't really do much but wring their hands with some of the acting.  Wednesdays episode found Jason and Sam in PCPD reciting the lines "This is awful."  I had to rewind and see if the actors were talking about the coffee cups that they were holding or their relationship status.  But I will give FV props for showing that clip at the end revealing where Sam and Jason met - in the PCPD interrogation room.  Both were in jail because of and instead of Sonny Corinthos.  What a real solid foundation upon which Sam and Jason have built their lasting relationship.

That scene with them on the bench was nauseating.  I think it was supposed to be charming.  I was embarrassed for the actors.  Sam saying, I cannot get up and leave, because then this chapter is over.  WTF?

• Love 7

Dante looked scrumptious in that tux.

It was so great to see some vets all in one episode, and I adored the flashbacks -- Dr. Hardy and Audrey, Lee, blonde Bobbie and unpermed Luke, Lila and Edward, Robin and Stone. The flashback clip of Alan was an odd choice -- they should have used a clip that featured Alan, Tracy, and Monica together (and no, not the "he bought it for you" line). 

Bobbie's talk with Maxie was good -- no harping, no guilt trip, and a callback to BJ.

Jason gets on my nerves much of the time, but his warm moment with Monica was nice. 

I wish the end of the episode featured the vets having a toast, though, instead of Sonny.  I wanted the warm-fuzzies of nostalgia, not the irritation of propping. 

• Love 8
On 3/30/2018 at 2:03 PM, Oracle42 said:

Today I realize that "not Barbara Jean's heart" line is always going to make me cry

When I saw that scene, I had to pause the DVR and have a massive cry. Granted, I have some other emotional life stuff happening right now, so that could have also had something to do with it. But omg, that scene is just so raw... 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

Dante looked scrumptious in that tux.

It was so great to see some vets all in one episode, and I adored the flashbacks -- Dr. Hardy and Audrey, Lee, blonde Bobbie and unpermed Luke, Lila and Edward, Robin and Stone. The flashback clip of Alan was an odd choice -- they should have used a clip that featured Alan, Tracy, and Monica together (and no, not the "he bought it for you" line). 

Bobbie's talk with Maxie was good -- no harping, no guilt trip, and a callback to BJ.

Jason gets on my nerves much of the time, but his warm moment with Monica was nice. 

I wish the end of the episode featured the vets having a toast, though, instead of Sonny.  I wanted the warm-fuzzies of nostalgia, not the irritation of propping. 

DZ looks best in the scruff. That dude carries it well. He should never shave. LOL!!!!

• Love 3

So many storylines I blocked out, like Kevin and Mac trying to remake Some Like it Hot.  I forgot about Kevin's longer hair back in the day!  He looks much better now.

I finally saw Friday's show. I thought it was well done.  It has to be hard to balance something like that, with only an hour minus commercials to work with. You want to give long-time viewers an appropriate trip down memory lane, and you want to have some memories for newer viewers too, involving the characters they know best. I thought they managed it.

For those of us intermediate types who have been through a few GH anniversary shows, it had some unexpected clips. There were the ones you can set your watch by (of course, BJ's heart; of course, Lil' Robin running into Anna's arms; of course, Stone dying), but I had not seen the one of Bobbie and Luke, nor the one of Mac and Kevin in drag.  

I was even happy at the Nexis history acknowledgement, and that someone remembered "Eddie's Angel." Look at Ned, rockin' the very turn-of-the-millennium soul patch.  I didn't even like the Eddie''s Angel story at the time, because it went on for far too damn long, and the conceit that Nancy Lee Grahn would become a nationwide pinup and download sensation for teenage boys, on the basis of a photo of her in lingerie, was a stretch. Don't get me wrong. She was/is attractive, and I never have a hard time buying that her love interests on the show are attracted to her, but as a nationwide symbol of sexual intrigue ("Eddie Maine's girl!"), no.  

However, now I think more fondly of that. I was so young and innocent when I thought that was a demeaning storyline for Alexis. I had no idea Dobson was a few years away.  

I thought the inclusion of Sonny shooting Dante was ballsy. It supplied some counterweight to the beatification of him in the rest of the show. It isn't the worst thing he's done either, but I'll take it for callback purposes.   

I wish Liz had had a memory about her own history. She was mainly just crowd filler here. "Hey, my grandfather was somebody." At least she looked great.   

Was Monica really fondly watching Sonny and Carly dance? I couldn't bring myself to rewind. I'd prefer to talk myself out of what I think I saw.  

Oh, whatever, Carly. Stop patting yourself on the back. You were a manipulative bitch for quite some time after Michael was born.  Some would say...well, never mind.  

Possibly unpopular opinion: Kirsten Storms isn't doing it for me in this grief storyline. I'm finding her very hard and unappealing, and I don't think that's what they're going for.  It's as though KS's acting choice is that Maxie is a brat, and so brattiness has to be the top note of everything. I shouldn't already want her to stop talking about how much she misses Nathan, but I already want her to stop talking about how much she misses Nathan.  

• Love 4

I don't think Robert really fit into this episode.  I will give them that, excepting the odd choice to have Liz think about her grandparents instead of a memory of Luke's or something, all of the players and flashbacks worked for the concept of the episode.  

Dante and Michael did a good thing for Mike.  Good boys.

• Love 2
(edited)

Griffin moved up a few notches on my "characters I don't want to flick in the head" list for pointing out that Anna shouldn't work with Jason, a killer-for-hire with an agenda that differs from hers.

Detective Chase was all set to take a few steps up himself because I thought he wrote all those parking violations for Dr. Michael Easton just to mess with him, but boooooo, he wants to befriend his (much) older brother.  I'm definitely on his side, though, why was Dr. Michael Easton being such a dillhole to him?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

Anna's comment that Jason is "an asset" to her profession should have come at the end of the episode instead of the beginning, because I pretty much checked out after I heard that gem. What the actual fuck, man. Sure, the good folk at the WSB or PCPD rest easy at night knowing the Holy Hitman is roaming the streets. Let's just use cloaking language like "Jason's selective in his targets" to make the fact that he KILLS PEOPLE more palatable. Thank God Griffin didn't fall for that nonsense.

Nina needs serious help. Her boundary issues were bad enough, but flying into a violent rage over Peter is completely off-balanced. There is no acceptable reason for her behavior given that Peter's done absolutely nothing untoward with Maxie.

I'm amused by Griffin's Gossip Girl act, but I don't think confronting Peter was the smartest move. Griffin's more emotional than he is savvy, I doubt he's going to get what he wants by yelling at Peter.

• Love 6
(edited)

Just because Nina and Griffin don't know much about Peter after 6 months that doesn't mean that's all everyone else knows. Besides, that's not that long.

Griffin: turn yourself in!

Maybe if Griffin pouts some more that'll get Peter to do it. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Linny said:

I doubt he's going to get what he wants by yelling at Peter.

What he's going to get is a bullet to the head.  Why he thought confronting Faison's son when he knows that father and son are crazy pants is not the sharpest move.  The last time someone in the Crimson offices confronted someone else because of their identity, they got shot in the gut, then were forced to die because their idiot boyfriend forgot how to dial 911

• Love 2

Chase and Finn are brothers? When did that happen? Chase needs to keep the scruff, helps keep him from looking 12.

I've missed most of the last month of episodes because I suddenly lost my husband in early March. I have a wonderful, well-meaning relative, that doesn't have a quarter of Nina's boundary issues,  that I had still had to find a gentle way to ask to give me some space, so I was feeling Maxie today. 

I saw a clip from Friday's episode of Anna dancing the night away with Sonny, and now she's singing Jason's praises. What in the world is happening here?

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

Chase and Finn are brothers? When did that happen?

A few weeks ago.  Julian and Finn go into a fight at the pub.  Julian called the police to arrest Finn.  Turns out Chase is Finn's much younger brother, via their father and his new wife.  They didn't grow up together but younger brother is now looking for a relationship from older brother, but Finn's not interested.  

6 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

and now she's singing Jason's praises

I didn't really see it as singing his praises, but more as tolerating his presence if it means help finding Heinrick.  

• Love 1
(edited)
27 minutes ago, LillyB said:

I so want Maxie to know that the Nina is a threat to her baby. I see a baby snatching coming as soon as Maxie gives birth.

Lots of potential angles for the baby swap or swaps we know are coming.  Nelle's a psycho and she steals a baby.  Carly is driven nuts by Nelle's gaslighting and she steals a baby.  Nina's baby rabies have flared up again and she steals a baby.  LWB/FS wants to ease his guilt about Nathan/Maxie and he steals a baby.  Detective Chase is lonely because Dante is mean to him and Dr. Michael Easton is a dillhole so he steals a baby.

Okay, maybe not that last one, but you get my point.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Just because Nina and Griffin don't know much about Peter after 6 months that doesn't mean that's all everyone else knows. Besides, that's not that long.

It is probably as much as they knew about Valentine and Ava respectively before they befriended and slept with them. And continue to interact with despite numerous people warning them about their various evil deeds.

If Alexis wants to pretend to be adult relationship with Finn, could she please not go passive aggressive in asking for Anna's permission to date him.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Perkie said:

They [Detective Chase and Dr. Michael Easton] didn't grow up together but younger brother is now looking for a relationship from older brother, but [Dr. Michael Easton's] not interested.  

And this is Patrick/Matt redux, yes?  Wasn't Patty similarly cold to Matt?  Although I guess the difference there is that Patrick never knew about Matt while Dr. Michael Easton seems to have always known about his baby bro.

1 hour ago, Linny said:

Anna's comment that Jason is "an asset" to her profession should have come at the end of the episode instead of the beginning, because I pretty much checked out after I heard that gem. What the actual fuck, man. Sure, the good folk at the WSB or PCPD rest easy at night knowing the Holy Hitman is roaming the streets. Let's just use cloaking language like "Jason's selective in his targets" to make the fact that he KILLS PEOPLE more palatable. Thank God Griffin didn't fall for that nonsense.

Nina needs serious help. Her boundary issues were bad enough, but flying into a violent rage over Peter is completely off-balanced. There is no acceptable reason for her behavior given that Peter's done absolutely nothing untoward with Maxie.

I'm amused by Griffin's Gossip Girl act, but I don't think confronting Peter was the smartest move. Griffin's more emotional than he is savvy, I doubt he's going to get what he wants by yelling at Peter.

Maxie asking Nina to back off because she is a constant reminder to Maxie of what she lost is a perfectly valid point and Nina reacted like a petulant child. Kicking the wall? Peter hasn't done anything yet to Maxie and if Nina cared an iota about being introspective she would see that this is becoming a pattern for her, becoming clingy to the extreme with people because they can provide her life with a child. She isn't demanding Peter step away from Maxie because it might be an inappropriate employer/employee relationship or because she thinks he is going to take advantage of Maxie's grief, she wants Peter to step away so she can be the only person Maxie turns to.

38 minutes ago, LillyB said:

I so want Maxie to know that the Nina is a threat to her baby. I see a baby snatching coming as soon as Maxie gives birth.

Here it was again today with Nina demanding to know about Maxie's doctor's appointments and creeping around the hall that Maxie exited and practically accosting her when she did. Why was Nina at the hospital in the first place?

• Love 5
(edited)

ER should always part her hair on the side and curl it if she's going to have that long platinum hair.  Other than that, Lulu doesn't seem to have learned anything from Nathan's death.

I really like Alexis asking Anna if Finn really is free for a relationship. It shows a courtesy few TV characters have.

So Jason thinks that Sam is finally thinking for herself now that she said that she loves him. Does he think that Drew was forcing her to marry  him before? No wonder Jason and Carly get along so well, narcissism knows its mate.

If I needed to get away to think things through, I wouldn't take two young children with me. The thing about small children is that there is very little time to do any thinking as you take care of them.

I know I'm supposed to be rooting for everyone to unmask Henrik/Peter but the thing is, I like him a lot more than I like more than half the characters on the show, including most of those trying to unmask him.  And Griffin, that letter to Jordan crossed so many ethical lines, how are you a doctor much less a priest?

3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Here it was again today with Nina demanding to know about Maxie's doctor's appointments and creeping around the hall that Maxie exited and practically accosting her when she did. Why was Nina at the hospital in the first place?

She hacked  Maxie's personal diary and found out about the appointment. Creepy, especially from someone with a history of baby-snatching.

Edited by statsgirl
I accidentally wrote "Lulu" instead of Maxie
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

She hacked Lulu's personal diary and found out about the appointment. Creepy, especially from someone with a history of baby-snatching.

Geez, Nina. The thing is that I don't know if we the audience are meant to see Nina's actions and behavior as being creepy over-possessive of Maxie and her uterus but this combined with Maxie saying that Nina spends six nights a week with her is clearly overboard even for the most well-intentioned sister-in-law/cousin-in-law. I will assume this was at work when she hacked into Lulu's personal diary, which is a clear invasion of privacy and inappropriate for any workplace. Aren't Valentin and Charlotte wondering where Nina is when she disappears every night?

• Love 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I will assume this was at work when she hacked into Lulu's personal diary, which is a clear invasion of privacy and inappropriate for any workplace. Aren't Valentin and Charlotte wondering where Nina is when she disappears every night?

She went through Maxie's notebook, she didn't hack into anything of Lulu's. Not that it matters much because she shouldn't have done that either.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, ulkis said:

She went through Maxie's notebook,

In Nina's defence (I know, I know!!) she is Maxie's birth coach/partner.  When she saw that Maxie was late, she figured she was at an appointment that she forgot to tell Nina about.  Nina, obviously should not have hacked into Maxie's personal calendar but I do think she was concerned about Maxie.  

3 hours ago, Linny said:

I think that's what she was getting at, actually. That wry recognition that intelligence agencies use "assets" who are in the crime world as informants or consultants, in the hope that something good will come of it.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Hater said:

Why is Sam acting all shocked over Drew bringing up dividing their assets?  She does realize what she told him?

Because all the assets they used to buy Aurora were belonged to Jason and Sam. Not Drew. Since Jason didn't make a big deal about it, Drew and Sam originally agreed to pay back Jason from the money they make from the company. Instead of using his potential ownership of ELQ stock thanks to Edward's will.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Perkie said:

In Nina's defence (I know, I know!!) she is Maxie's birth coach/partner.  When she saw that Maxie was late, she figured she was at an appointment that she forgot to tell Nina about.  Nina, obviously should not have hacked into Maxie's personal calendar but I do think she was concerned about Maxie.  

IMO, it's not Nina's job to patrol whether or not Maxie goes to her appointments. If she is that concerned about Maxie she can call her, not stalk her like an ex-boyfriend that doesn't know the word no.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Because all the assets they used to buy Aurora were belonged to Jason and Sam. Not Drew. Since Jason didn't make a big deal about it, Drew and Sam originally agreed to pay back Jason from the money they make from the company. Instead of using his potential ownership of ELQ stock thanks to Edward's will.

I was more referring to her reaction over him even bringing up divorce talk, which included custody of Scout.  

The character should not be acting shocked over a man wanting to "divide" things when she told him what she did.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

it's not Nina's job to patrol whether or not Maxie goes to her appointments. If she is that concerned about Maxie she can call her, not stalk her like an ex-boyfriend that doesn't know the word no.

Agreed.  I just meant, she had a reason (ie being her birth coach) but yes, Nina needs to look up the word boundaries.  But it's more a plot point to get Nina against Peter.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Agreed.  I just meant, she had a reason (ie being her birth coach) but yes, Nina needs to look up the word boundaries.  But it's more a plot point to get Nina against Peter.  

There had to be a better way to do this than to bring back Nina's baby-rabies and creeper tendencies towards pregnant women and/or children that aren't hers, though.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Perkie said:

If her being against Peter meant she'd see how much of a scumbag her husband is, then that's one thing. She won't.

• Love 3
Just now, YaddaYadda said:

If her being against Peter meant she'd see how much of a scumbag her husband is, then that's one thing. She won't.

This. Nina knows how much of a scumbag her husband is. She married him quickly for reasons other than love to gain custody of a child that was stolen from its mother, knowing exactly who her husband was and what he was capable of. During their marriage, he has lied to her countless times and emotionally cheated with Anna (which she left him for), endangered a roomful of people including Charlotte thanks to the chimera ending up in the hands of a troubled boy, and been sent to prison. When he got out she was waiting for him. She knows he has killed before. Why would it be any different simply because it was her brother this time?

• Love 8

Maybe it will, though I think it will depend who finds out the truth first.  Jason, Lulu and NIna all seem to be heading down the path of finding out who Peter really is.  If Nina discovers it, then Valentin's part in it will surely come out.  But if Lulu or likely St Jasus find out, then Val will likely be able to stay hidden in the shadows still.  

13 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Maybe it will, though I think it will depend who finds out the truth first.  Jason, Lulu and NIna all seem to be heading down the path of finding out who Peter really is.  If Nina discovers it, then Valentin's part in it will surely come out.  But if Lulu or likely St Jasus find out, then Val will likely be able to stay hidden in the shadows still.  

If Lulu finds out there is no way Maxie or Nina would believe her.

• Love 2

If Lulu finds out there is no way Maxie or Nina would believe her.

If Lulu finds out who Peter really is, Nina will gladly believe it since it gives her an excuse to hate him .  Maxie will believe no one unless Peter confesses.  

14 minutes ago, Perkie said:

If Lulu finds out who Peter really is, Nina will gladly believe it since it gives her an excuse to hate him .  Maxie will believe no one unless Peter confesses.  

If Lulu just tells Nina about Peter, you might be right. If Lulu somehow uncovers Valentin's role in everything and tells as much to Nina, I don't think Nina would believe that, coming from Lulu.

• Love 1
(edited)

LOL at the idea of Lulu uncovering anything with those "investigative journalism" chops of hers.

But I do think Nina getting more cray and LWB/FS's eventual unmasking will super glue the Maxie/Lulu friendship back together and then they'll sweep everything under the rug just like last time.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I think that's what she was getting at, actually. That wry recognition that intelligence agencies use "assets" who are in the crime world as informants or consultants, in the hope that something good will come of it.

Something useful, rather than something good. That's why they are an "asset", somene the spy can use outside of the morality of the "asset". The spy game is a dirty world, and If they can use a sociopath to kill the target, then he's an asset to them.

Anna is being phenomenally stupid if she thinks that Jason isn't going to kill Henrik the first chance he gets.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

It's very messy.  Drew should have money equal to Jason's from Edward's will.  Jason has the money he earned working for Sonny that is just his (although there should be a RICO claim against it), Drew has any money he earned during the time he was in Port Charles.  Sam has half of what she shared with Jason plus the money she made since Jason was gone.  It's going to take accountants months to figure it out.

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

She went through Maxie's notebook,

My bad, I accidentally typed "Lulu" when I meant to type "Maxie".  I assumed that it was an electronic Notebook since Maxie is a millennial, or close enough to one that she should be doing her agenda electronically.

• Love 1