Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

f the promo was meant to attract a young adult audience, it should have been ER and/or KS. Regardless of what you think of either actress, the Lulu and Maxie characters are the children of legacy families/couples Luke and Laura and Frisco and Felicia.

Whether or not they are legacy characters makes no difference.  It was women's day not legacy characters day.  But, if that is going to be your point, Carly is Bobbie's daughter.  Every bit as much of a legacy.   Or at least half as much as one.  Maxie and Lulu both have the negative qualities that you ascribe (accurately) to Carly.  Lulu told her best friend's husband that she had cheated on him to get her to sleep with her and then aborted their child against his wishes.  Maxie pretended to be pregnant with another woman's husband in order to entrap him. Seriously, there are no positive role models on soap operas.

This is the official purpose of International Women's Day

International Women's Day (March 😎 is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity.

So, they probably should have used Laura (political) or Ava (economic) or Molly (social).

But, using your definition, Carly does also have positive female traits.  She's strong.  She's maternal.  She's loyal.  She doesn't always use those traits for good, but she still has them.

I know she's just a fictional character, but women need to stop judging other women (and people in general) and fit them all into what they think they should be.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I like Alexis with her doctor. Can’t they just hook up?

They might have got away with it if he were a psychiatrist but the new doctor is a psychologist and there's a rule about not sleeping with your patients until 2 years after the therapy is over. (Interestingly these rules about not having a relationship with your patients were only brought in in the 1970s.)

8 hours ago, Katy M said:

Who gets to decide that?  Who gets to decide what traits women are supposed to have?  Each individual woman.

It's a matter of taste of course but if I wanted to celebrate the good things about womanhood I wouldn't use a character who has no empathy except for her small clan, has achieved nothing on her own and has nothing that she didn't get through marrying a powerful man, and who steals babies from their biological parents. Male, female or non-binary gender, those are nothing to admire or celebrate.

I tell  my daughter "Grow up, but be nothing like Carly."

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 7

The women on this show are written horribly and I’ll continue to say it. 

Wright was most likely used since she’ll pimp out anything to do with the show. 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Whether or not they are legacy characters makes no difference.  It was women's day not legacy characters day.  But, if that is going to be your point, Carly is Bobbie's daughter.  Every bit as much of a legacy.   Or at least half as much as one.  Maxie and Lulu both have the negative qualities that you ascribe (accurately) to Carly.  Lulu told her best friend's husband that she had cheated on him to get her to sleep with her and then aborted their child against his wishes.  Maxie pretended to be pregnant with another woman's husband in order to entrap him. Seriously, there are no positive role models on soap operas.

This is the official purpose of International Women's Day

So, they probably should have used Laura (political) or Ava (economic) or Molly (social).

But, using your definition, Carly does also have positive female traits.  She's strong.  She's maternal.  She's loyal.  She doesn't always use those traits for good, but she still has them.

Carly came on the show as a young 20something (a little younger than Lulu and Maxie are now) as the daughter of Virginia, hell bent on destroying birth mother Bobbie's life, and had an affair with Bobbie's husband. And yes, I recall Lulu and Maxie doing those things - when they were minors. The teenage brain is still in development; I just don't find a teenager's bad choices/scheming comparable to a grown woman's pre-meditated destruction. Now if adult Lulu had tried to have an affair with Scott or Kevin while they where married to Laura, or if adult Maxie tried to have an affair with Mac in the time since Felicia and Mac remarried, I would agree with you that they are comparable to Carly. 

I do not agree that Carly is strong, but that's not worth debating. I would agree that she's maternal with teenage Josslyn. I stopped watching GH for a while when TB was playing Carly, but my observance with SB and later LW in the role is she has treated M&M as pawns/possessions (instead of beloved children) to get what she wanted from AJ, Jason, and then Sonny. The nannies did the hard work of parenting the boys. Years later she mostly seemed to ignore adult Morgan.  I would agree that once Carly figured out that Jason would never, ever choose to be in a romantic/sexual relationship with her again and she was not going to get the "Carly & Jason with Michael" family situation she fantasized about, she has chosen to be very loyal to her "Jason and I are best friends" narrative. Other than that, not so much. I mean, this is a woman who was so enraged by her beloved young cousin Lulu's loyalty to Dante (had to do with Michael), that she left Port Charles to find Brooke Lynn Ashton in her neighborhood and paid BL to try to seduce Dante so that Lulu's heart would be crushed to pieces. Carly was I think 40ish years old at the time. This is not a woman who should ever be considered a representative of International Women's Day in my opinion.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5

But, using your definition, Carly does also have positive female traits.  She's strong.  She's maternal.  She's loyal.  She doesn't always use those traits for good, but she still has them.  I know she's just a fictional character, but women need to stop judging other women (and people in general) and fit them all into what they think they should be.

You are being too charitable, but I do agree that she is strong, maternal, and loyal.  Speaking of charity - let's not forget Carly's last charity event.  Joss's clothing drive where Carly spent the time trying on the coats for the homeless.

6 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Were they also responsible for the Britt barbecuing barbie scene?  Cause that was awesome!

Meh, I bet these hacks stole that bit from Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun" video. That's where barbecuing Barbie began!

• Love 1

On a very shallow note, it appears to me that Alexis has only one pair of shoes—the heels with the strap around the ankle. Every time they show her shoes, those are the ones she wears. That annoys me for some reason.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

On a very shallow note, it appears to me that Alexis has only one pair of shoes—the heels with the strap around the ankle. Every time they show her shoes, those are the ones she wears. That annoys me for some reason.

Same as the hideous platform boots Sam wears along with those ugly skinny jeans. Or Jordan's kitten heels that are always scratching against the floor as she walks. And lest we forget the cartoonish, never changing outfit of Jason "black tee" Morgan. Wardrobe, like everything else on this show, leaves a lot to be desired. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Even though I have always loathed Kristina, she actually came across better than Sam did in that scene where Sam asks if Julian is around and Kristina says he hasn't shown up yet...

...obviously Kristina  was taking over his shift and it looked like she was the only one working in the place..yet Sam says to her oh I was hoping to whisk you away....

..did she think Kristina would just pick up and run out of there leaving the place with no one working there...Sam didn't make it sound like she was willing to wait & it seemed she was ready to drag her right out of there at that moment..I guess I'm at the point with Sam that everything she says & does irritates the crap out of me (both character and actress)..😱😱

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, SiouxB said:

Even though I have always loathed Kristina, she actually came across better than Sam did in that scene where Sam asks if Julian is around and Kristina says he hasn't shown up yet...

...obviously Kristina  was taking over his shift and it looked like she was the only one working in the place..yet Sam says to her oh I was hoping to whisk you away....

..did she think Kristina would just pick up and run out of there leaving the place with no one working there...Sam didn't make it sound like she was willing to wait & it seemed she was ready to drag her right out of there at that moment..I guess I'm at the point with Sam that everything she says & does irritates the crap out of me (both character and actress)..😱😱

Sam is a lost cause. 

I think KM is a nice person but other than that, I really question her  acting choices these days.   If she's going to stay on this show and never take a break, then she needs to act like she actually wants to be on the show.  The way it comes across it's as if she doesn't want to be there.

Out of the  loathsome four some, LW is the only one who consistently earns her pay and air time.  I hate Carly but Wright commits to the material and attempts to act.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 8

I know Laura's been through a lot lately, but why would she, as the Mayor of Port Charles, tag along on Jason's (botched) hit?  If JaBorg had killed Ryan and Laura had to testify on the stand, would she have perjured herself to protect St. Jasus?  Sloppy writing that undermined an otherwise decent (if overly long) S/L.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I know Laura's been through a lot lately, but why would she, as the Mayor of Port Charles, tag along on Jason's (botched) hit?  If JaBorg had killed Ryan and Laura had to testify on the stand, would she have perjured herself to protect St. Jasus?  Sloppy writing that undermined an otherwise decent (if overly long) S/L.

The real question is why the hell is Jason being inserted into their story? I tried to get through GH on Friday and creatively speaking, Jason should have replaced with someone else. Robert and/or Mac would have been my first choice and second choise (I couldn't get through Robert's scenes with Sonny),  Chase or Curtis would been good in this situation. But no, I had to deal Jason and scowl of disapporval. How it should of ended was Ava figuring out Ryan killed Kiki and losing her shit. If Ryan died that way, it would have been justifiable homicide. Of course then Ava might go to jail since that gets you 5 years in the slammer. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Blackie said:

SO sick of this look.

Well Sam was being abused by Drew and forced to wear skirts, dresses, and different high heels....so back to her raggedy skinny jeans and ugly t-shirts.  Leather twins.

• LOL 6
15 hours ago, Ladybyrd said:

I am a total feminist (and pacifist, and law-abider) 23 hours a day, but I long ago gave up applying my basic moral code from 3-4PM. *shrug* it's the only way I can watch without going into rage blackouts. So yeah, I'm ready for Julexis. 

Same. In my mind, the dagger thing never happened because I didn’t watch that episode.   

Good writers and producers would never have written that whole dagger thing but good writers could  easily write that away - Helena had the real Julian as a prisoner and sent a lookalike to do all that. Brain tumor. Dream. Mind control. It’s a soap, no explanation is too far out there for a soap that froze the world. 

Too bad GH doesn’t have good writers. 

Plus on a show with a mobster as the hero, I have to put my moral compass in a drawer when I watch. 

15 hours ago, Ladybyrd said:

I am a total feminist (and pacifist, and law-abider) 23 hours a day, but I long ago gave up applying my basic moral code from 3-4PM. *shrug* it's the only way I can watch without going into rage blackouts. So yeah, I'm ready for Julexis. 

Same. In my mind, the dagger thing never happened because I didn’t watch that episode.   

Good writers and producers would never have written that whole dagger thing but good writers could  easily write that away - Helena had the real Julian as a prisoner and sent a lookalike to do all that. Brain tumor. Dream. Mind control. It’s a soap, no explanation is too far out there for a soap that froze the world. 

Too bad GH doesn’t have good writers. 

Plus on a show with a mobster as the hero, I have to put my moral compass in a drawer when I watch. 

It is obvious ABC doesn’t care about GH

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Veronica said:

Good writers and producers would never have written that whole dagger thing but good writers could  easily write that away - Helena had the real Julian as a prisoner and sent a lookalike to do all that. Brain tumor. Dream. Mind control.

None of that is good writing, IMO:)

10 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I know Laura's been through a lot lately, but why would she, as the Mayor of Port Charles, tag along on Jason's (botched) hit?

Because that's the only way Jason would have known where Ryan was, for his great superhero rescue.  Liz found out from Cam that Ryan was at that motel.  She told Laura, who was with Jason.  Ergo, no Laura in the car, no Jason finding out ryan's whereabouts, more hand wringing about poor poor Carly.  

10 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I know Laura's been through a lot lately, but why would she, as the Mayor of Port Charles, tag along on Jason's (botched) hit?

Because that's the only way Jason would have known where Ryan was, for his great superhero rescue.  Liz found out from Cam that Ryan was at that motel.  She told Laura, who was with Jason.  Ergo, no Laura in the car, no Jason finding out ryan's whereabouts, more hand wringing about poor poor Carly.  

Actually, I was wondering why Laura felt the need to be on the bridge, with Jason, for the presumed "kill shot."  Not a good look for the new Mayor to be involved in a murder, even Ryan's.  Aaargh..St. Jasus...so interesting that the one time he really, seriously needs to off someone, he can't get it done.  And I don't buy that it was because Ava was in the way.  JaBorg is supposed to be an expert marksman.  Plus, if he had shot Ava by mistake, Sonny and Carly would have turned cartwheels.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

The real question is why the hell is Jason being inserted into their story?

Because only he can save Port Charles. /heaviest sarcasm

Mostly he's in the story because Carly is in danger. I think if she weren't involved, he wouldn't care. 

38 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Actually, I was wondering why Laura felt the need to be on the bridge, with Jason, for the presumed "kill shot."  Not a good look for the new Mayor to be involved in a murder, even Ryan's. 

It was to keep Jason from killing Ryan, wasn't it? She knows Jason is trigger-happy. I think Laura also wanted to make sure Ava was safe.

I'm probably being way too generous.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It was to keep Jason from killing Ryan, wasn't it? She knows Jason is trigger-happy. I think Laura also wanted to make sure Ava was safe.

I'm probably being way too generous.

You would think. But she clearly told him in the car that she can’t be responsible for what may happen if her back is turned or she isn’t present st the time. IOW she gave tacit approval for him to do whatever he wants.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

But she clearly told him in the car that she can’t be responsible for what may happen if her back is turned or she isn’t present st the time.

Yikes, I totally missed that. Way to sanction murder, Laura.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Not a good look for the new Mayor to be involved in a murder, even Ryan's.

I'm still waiting for her election to be voided because of the voter fraud her grandson perpetuated.

But we can't have nice things, so...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm still waiting for her election to be voided because of the voter fraud her grandson perpetuated.

So little of this show sticks in my mind any more...does Laura herself know about Spencer's election tampering? I can't remember. The Laura I grew up watching would have resigned if she knew about it. But then, that Laura also had little use for the mob.

• Love 1
Just now, Melgaypet said:

So little of this show sticks in my mind any more...does Laura herself know about Spencer's election tampering? I can't remember. The Laura I grew up watching would have resigned if she knew about it. But then, that Laura also had little use for the mob.

No. Laura has no idea. She knows something happened to the machines, but has no idea Spencer did it and did it for her. Sonny knows, Valentin knows, and Charlotte knows.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, General Days said:

No. Laura has no idea. She knows something happened to the machines, but has no idea Spencer did it and did it for her. Sonny knows, Valentin knows, and Charlotte knows. 

And I am very surprised Valentin hasn't used that knowledge against Laura and/or Lulu yet, but he is either waiting for the right time or too busy juggling his Sasha-Not-Daughter scam.

I was feeling Ava's pain today. MW beautifully acted the scene where she put it all together and realized she was sleeping with her daughters killer. And then GF was fantastic with her facial expressions conveying so many emotions. Those two nailed it today. 

Carly falling down the wall had me laughing out loud.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19

Okay, GH can't even get courtroom procedure right, so I don't know why I expect it to be any different about medical stuff (title aside), but I'm pretty sure as a stroke survivor, Stella can't donate a kidney. I don't think they'd want to take the risk of operating on her and harvesting the organ.

• Useful 2

Maybe I'm crazy, but in the preview Jason is defending Ava to Carly.  Maybe this is finally the moment Ava is forgiven, and will get shared custody of Avery.  I'm over that situation.

7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

OMG! I noticed that when she put her arm on the bar. Too funny! I do remember VM starting that as well.

Everything about VM was affected, IMO, and I never liked Brenda.

23 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

MW is such a scenery chewer, I am completely over her performances. They’re all the same screamy, OTP mess. Like, year one, I could tolerate it. Year six, no thank you.

I've loved MW's acting since she rolled into ATWT and called mary sue Roseanne, "Rosebud".  But she's annoyed me since Kiki's death.  Laura was incredibly gentle and kind.  Not sure Ava deserved it.

29 minutes ago, General Days said:

Okay, GH can't even get courtroom procedure right, so I don't know why I expect it to be any different about medical stuff (title aside), but I'm pretty sure as a stroke survivor, Stella can't donate a kidney. I don't think they'd want to take the risk of operating on her and harvesting the organ.

Stella is surely on a blood thinner, and withholding that med for surgery would put her at risk for another stroke.  Maximum age for kidney donor is 70, so not sure where Stella falls.  I was wondering if they were doing a story line where Jordan's harshest critic gives her life to save Jordan.

• Love 2

Oh, Ava...her deep denial transitioning into acceptance and revulsion of the full weight of Ryan's deceit was so perfectly painful. It was every bit as over-the-top as it should have been. Everything Ryan gave her--unconditional love, safety, and the promise of a happy future--has been erased, and even worse, Ava will now bear the guilt of betraying her daughter's memory by unknowingly falling in love with her murderer. Ava failed Kiki in life many times over and has now failed her in death, and the one support system she wants to help her is gone, and was only ever a mirage. She SHOULD scream and sob until her lungs give out under the gravity of these circumstances.

"If you don't want your fiancé on the serial killer suspect list, I suggest you get a fiancé who's not a reformed serial killer." I hope you all could hear me shout "YES, girl!" at this line. 

Jason and Carly, who cares? That's an evergreen statement, but really, ain't nobody got time for their sacred best friend bullshit when there's MW knocking it out of the park to behold.

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

But she's annoyed me since Kiki's death.  Laura was incredibly gentle and kind.  Not sure Ava deserved it.

That’s another really great point. Ava doesn’t deserve it. And maybe I’d take her shrieks more seriously if this meant she would change her behavior and progress past this caricature she’s been, but I doubt it. I expect another one of these awful Emmy baiting scenes by next year.

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, Linny said:

Oh, Ava...her deep denial transitioning into acceptance and revulsion of the full weight of Ryan's deceit was so perfectly painful. It was every bit as over-the-top as it should have been. Everything Ryan gave her--unconditional love, safety, and the promise of a happy future--has been erased, and even worse, Ava will now bear the guilt of betraying her daughter's memory by unknowingly falling in love with her murderer. Ava failed Kiki in life many times over and has now failed her in death, and the one support system she wants to help her is gone, and was only ever a mirage. She SHOULD scream and sob until her lungs give out under the gravity of these circumstances.

"If you don't want your fiancé on the serial killer suspect list, I suggest you get a fiancé who's not a reformed serial killer." I hope you all could hear me shout "YES, girl!" at this line. 

I hope you can hear me screaming "yes, girl!" at both these points, especially Jordan telling Liz off. How dare Liz use her position as a nurse to go in there and berate a patient! Yes, Jordan's plan was as stupid as hell, but it did work. And, while she did strong arm Franco, ultimately the decision was his and as he told Liz today he would do the same thing. Cameron's distrust of Franco isn't just because of thinking Franco was a serial killer now but because of his serial killer past. If Liz doesn't want to deal with that she shouldn't have married a serial killer.

• Love 10

Jordan telling Liz what's up was awesome. I was really worried she was going to apologize. Also, Liz, you're a nurse, you're not supposed to go into a patient's room and aggravate them.

Dear Jason,

I know you have been out of the world for 5 years or so, but there is this thing called google maps that can give you any location you want. You don't need Spinelli for this. 

Also, the whole "I will always find you" . . . good effin' god! 

What has Robert Scorpio done to be shackled to Sonny Corinthos? 

Alexis and Finn >>>>> Anna and Finn. I liked their scenes together. 

I felt sorry for Ava. She thinks there's an actual good man who loves her for who she is, but he turns out to be a serial killer who also killed her daughter. If that doesn't punch in your self-esteem, self-worth, self-everything, I don't know what does. Ava has been dragged through the mud when it comes to her couples. And yes, she would feel violated. The whole thing with Ryan was atrocious and I wish they wouldn't just bury it and move on.

• Love 11

The good in today's show was Ava and Laura on the bridge. Two good actresses giving to each other in their scene even if it didn't pass the Bechdel test.

Liz telling Franco that he's broken their relationship because she can never trust him again. (I expect this will be walked back but the scene was perfect today.) And how much his actions hurt her boys and if only he had told her what the plan was, she could have protected them by sending them away while it was going on.

The bad:  Jason saving Carly again. Yes, we know that your love for each other is greater than any love you have for anyone else.  And Dante being held hostage to get to Sonny because Sonny is just the greatest and most important person evah.

1 hour ago, Linny said:

I thought it was appalling and hypocritical. My religion teaches forgiveness and redemption, as does many others, and I believe that even outside religion.  Even Jordan said "reformed" and yes, maybe he should have to pay for what he did for the rest of his life but Liz shouldn't. Like any soap opera character, Jordan shouldn't be throwing stones.

You can complain about Franco being a man-baby and having stupid ideas to help Aiden not be bullied and that's justified.  But he's not a serial killer any more.

Jordan used him and she wouldn't let him tell Liz so that she could protect herself and her children. She caused them a lot of pain that needn't have happened and using Franco's background to justify it instead of apologizing to Liz is callous and arrogant.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Dante being held hostage to get to Sonny because Sonny is just the greatest and most important person evah.

I don't understand: why does a simple coffee importer from Upstate New York have enemies in Turkey...?

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Maybe I'm crazy, but in the preview Jason is defending Ava to Carly.  Maybe this is finally the moment Ava is forgiven, and will get shared custody of Avery.  I'm over that situation.

Everything about VM was affected, IMO, and I never liked Brenda.

I've loved MW's acting since she rolled into ATWT and called mary sue Roseanne, "Rosebud".  But she's annoyed me since Kiki's death.  Laura was incredibly gentle and kind.  Not sure Ava deserved it.

Stella is surely on a blood thinner, and withholding that med for surgery would put her at risk for another stroke.  Maximum age for kidney donor is 70, so not sure where Stella falls.  I was wondering if they were doing a story line where Jordan's harshest critic gives her life to save Jordan.

I liked Brenda enough early on, but she's another thing Sonny ruined, imo.

Stella's on blood thinner, and she also can't have her blood pressure screwed with.

I got distracted while I was posting,  because I also wanted to comment on DR. Finn having recovering alcoholic Alexis soak her feet in vodka. At good rehabs, even your skin lotion is alcohol free. Now granted, to some extent, that's so addicts who are still really in the throes of addiction don't try to consume it and poison themselves, but the thought is also that recovering alcoholics should even avoid products with non-drinking alcohol in them, because they're absorbed by the skin.

45 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I hope you can hear me screaming "yes, girl!" at both these points, especially Jordan telling Liz off. How dare Liz use her position as a nurse to go in there and berate a patient! Yes, Jordan's plan was as stupid as hell, but it did work. And, while she did strong arm Franco, ultimately the decision was his and as he told Liz today he would do the same thing. Cameron's distrust of Franco isn't just because of thinking Franco was a serial killer now but because of his serial killer past. If Liz doesn't want to deal with that she shouldn't have married a serial killer.

Jordan's plan wasn't just stupid as hell, it was as irresponsible as hell. Franco's lawyer should have been involved, and another cop/the D.A. and the judge should have been involved from the get-go, to cover all the legal bases,  protect Franco's rights, and also, in case something improbable happened -- like oh say Jordan getting hit by a car

I like Liz and Franco together. They make sense to me. They fit, but that's just TV.  I wouldn't feel like that if my sister married him. You (and Jordan) are not wrong. If Liz doesn't want husband on the serial-killer suspect list, she shouldn't have married a serial killer.

That said, if they had them have that tacky-ass jailhouse wedding, I want them to actually be married for more than a half a minute. 

• Love 8

Ugh...Liz annoyed me beyond belief today.  Either break up with him or STFU.  The whine when she's upset....kill it with fire!!!!

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I don't understand: why does a simple coffee importer from Upstate New York have enemies in Turkey...?

The guy didn't start off in Turkey, he traveled there. He was in the U.S. first. Not that any of this makes sense. He wanted to get to Sonny so they surmise that Raj put himself on the WSB radar on purpose on the off chance they would hire the local cop so he could be used as leverage? And if that was the idea why didn't anyone get in touch with Sonny already? And doesn't it undercut Sonny's hero tour if the whole reason Dante is hostage is because of him? It would have made much more sense if the idea to take him hostage came about after Dante went on assignment.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I thought it was appalling and hypocritical. My religion teaches forgiveness and redemption, as does many others, and I believe that even outside religion.  Even Jordan said "reformed" and yes, maybe he should have to pay for what he did for the rest of his life but Liz shouldn't. Like any soap opera character, Jordan shouldn't be throwing stones.

You can complain about Franco being a man-baby and having stupid ideas to help Aiden not be bullied and that's justified.  But he's not a serial killer any more.

Jordan used him and she wouldn't let him tell Liz so that she could protect herself and her children. She caused them a lot of pain that needn't have happened and using Franco's background to justify it instead of apologizing to Liz is callous and arrogant.

Disagree. First of all, how is Jordan throwing stones? Yes, Jordan has done some shady things in her life but marrying a serial killer or being a serial killer herself isn't one. Jordan didn't set out to hurt Liz or her children. A serial killer was at large. Stopping him took precedent over Liz, or even her children's, hurt feelings. And, Jordan did apologize. She said she was sorry for any hurt that was caused but she rightly pointed out that any trust issues between Liz and Franco or any issues with Franco's serial killer past are on Liz and Franco.

Forgiveness and redemption are all well and good but there are certain things in life you can't walk back and being a serial killer is one of them (tumor excuse or not.) Liz decided to commit and marry a former serial killer. If she's not prepared to face the consequences of that - which includes people easily believing Franco could have killed again that is on her. And I couldn't care less about Liz (who is the one voluntarily intertwining her life with Franco knowing full well what he's done) getting blowback because of her husband's crimes. Her kids are the ones I feel sorry for - the ones who had no say in the man their mother brought into their lives. As Cameron told Trina, his issues with Franco pre-date his being accused of committing Ryan's crimes.

And, Liz can whine and complain all she wants to about protecting her kids but she did a horrible job of it the last few weeks. Though, on that note, what era does she thinks she lives in. Yes, if she had some kind of heads up she could have sent the kids out of town but at most that would have protected Aiden but the internet exists now. There's little chance Cameron and/or Jake wouldn't have heard about what Franco was accused of and given the kind of messages Aiden was getting through that game he would have probably still heard about it, too.

While she didn't have a heads up, she still could have handled it much better than she did. Cameron got beat up at school and was appropriately freaked out about what was going on and, other than saying that she would talk to Cameron's school, she cared fuck all about listening to Cameron's concerns. She acted like he was incredibly out of line not to have complete faith in Franco like she did.  She was very Carly-esque in her behavior. And, now that she knows he didn't kill anyone NOW she wants to reassess their relationship.

Also, bottom line, Liz is a nurse and apparently, for some reason, Jordan is her patient. She has no business berating her patient. She's angry at Jordan then take that up another time when the woman isn't lying in a hospital bed. If she can't do that have another nurse check Jordan's vitals or whatever Liz was doing in that room.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 12

Alexis raised three daughters as a single mother?? Way to reinvent the past. She raised two of her daughters. Sam showed up in town as an adult.

I just can't with Jason and Carly. The final scene with them made me want to puke.

Why were the Canadian police the ones who came onto the bridge?  Ryan had told Ava the border was on the other side of the bridge, which implies the bridge itself is American territory. 

I am really disappointed with the end of the Ryan Chamberlain story. He killed off a couple of day players and Kiki. Why do I care? I'd have like one major character to have been offed as well.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

I just can't with Jason and Carly. 

The only way to ever make it interesting would be if Jason ever suffered consequences for continuously placing Carly and her family over his significant other and biological children. But, nope, he forever gets to have his cake and eat it, too.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:I thought it was appalling and hypocritical. My religion teaches forgiveness and redemption, as does many others, and I believe that even outside religion.  Even Jordan said "reformed" and yes, maybe he should have to pay for what he did for the rest of his life but Liz shouldn't. Like any soap opera character, Jordan shouldn't be throwing stones.

Franco is a grown-ass man, there is no "wouldn't let him." Jordan did not have a gun to his head, threatening to pull the trigger unless he promised to keep his mouth shut.  He did not sign a document stating that he would do this for the PCPD and not tell a soul. He could have told Elizabeth privately what was going to happen, before going to court. He chose not to, because he doesn't think about consequences like the house getting ransacked, or Cameron being beaten up. Franco has no experience in thinking about kids getting hurt because of his actions; he got away without real consequences after being a serial killer.  

I interpreted Jordan's reaction as anger that Elizabeth was talking like Franco was some innocent 'lil lamb that Jordan convinced to do wrong ("Is that what he told you?") for the first time in his life, thereby hurting Elizabeth and her children. Jordan was pointing out that she chose Franco because he did in fact used to kill people, and could provoke Ryan due to having some understanding of how Ryan might think. The point was hey Elizabeth, *you* brought a man into your sons' lives who is still capable of talking and thinking like a sick freak (not sure if Jordan even knows about Franco putting a shock collar on Tom and locking him in a cage in recent history). Therefore, ultimately your children being devastated is your responsibility. ITA with Jordan about that. Underneath it all, I think Elizabeth knows that only she and Franco are truly responsible for how much the three boys are hurting. So she uses her position as a nurse to take her personal guilt and anger/hurt toward Franco out on Jordan in the hospital bed. Elizabeth deserves to get reprimanded for that (and I say that as someone who's been an Elizabeth fan for a long time).

Jordan did in fact say she was sorry Franco got hurt, and that she takes responsibility for him getting injured as a result of her plan. 

• Love 7