Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I've been meaning to ask you all about the set that has a wall with plants coming out of it, and brick walls on either side. Laura and Curtis and then Maxie and "Peter" sat at the table of that set today. It's been routinely used for one-on-one conversations recently - is it supposed to be the inside of Perks? I don't recall it being introduced as belonging to a particular business.

I could have sworn that the last time we saw it (last week? earlier this week?) that whoever was sitting there, then got up and went to the bar to get somethign/speak to someone and it was in Charlie's.  I remember wondering when Charlie's had suddenly gotten a back room and figured it was for anyone who wanted some peace and quiet and not be in the main room of the bar.  

But then yesterday, Laura specifically said they weren't at Charlie's so I was super confused and not sure why it really mattered!!

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Wait, Sasha's all better?  So the point of this was...?

It finally made her realize she had to tell Michael the truth about Nina not being her mom. Her near-death experience showed her what was important. Or something.

And I imagine Cassandra will eventually find her way to Port Charles and her story will continue, as boring as it is.

18 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And Lucy still wants to relaunch Deception with Sasha as the face?  Is that actually going to go somewhere?

If it does, I’d expect mostly off-screen. I think the “making Sasha a celebrity” angle is just a device to get to her past in support of the Sasha/Nina reveal. 

KG has been bringing some good and soapy comic relief lately with her hangover and “wig snatching” dialog. 

Just caught up on this week - the fake evening lighting used in several scenes midweek was really, really bad. 

First Michael, now Peter ... blue plaid shirts are the new "I'm just folks like you" signal.

Julian to Alexis "We have Sam in common"  Alexis replies "And Danny". So Scout's grandparents as well as her mother have forgotten her existence?  Monica better adopt her fast.  That said, the scene between Julian and Alexis was sweet and the kind of maturity I'd really like to see on the show more.

Good use of Lucy, more interesting than the real estate stuff, and the snark at Obrecht was fun. I like Sasha best in scenes opposite Obrecht. The rest of the time I find Sasha too saccharine sweet or bland but the Obrecht "I know who you are"; "Are you a fool?" snark forces the Sasha actress to reach beyond doe-like.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

First Michael, now Peter ... blue plaid shirts are the new "I'm just folks like you" signal.

No, the first was Franco . . . when he first came on (as Roger Howarth) he was wearing suits and then when he started flirting with Carly they switched him to flannel. Julian's worn them a bit too.

Edited by ulkis
34 minutes ago, ulkis said:

No, the first was Franco . . . when he first came on (as Roger Howarth) he was wearing suits and then when he started flirting with Carly they switched him to flannel. Julian's worn them a bit too.

GH is reliving the early 1990s: The Grunge Years. I guess everything old really is new again.

It was the blue plaid on two different characters who usually wear suits (unlike Julian), two days in a row, that struck me. (It's being used a lot elsewhere to indicate "I'm just folks like you" so I wondered if GH was imitating the message.)

Nothing about the Real Drew convinces me that Franco Drew would be so obsessive and insistent about reuniting with Kim.  I don't recall this much drama when Jason came back.  Drew realized Sam had doubts and he was out of there, and that's when they had a living baby!

• Love 10

Did they ever acknowledge why Drew didn’t pursue anything during the 10+ years in between when he went on assignment and before his memory was wiped? I saw something about Drew writing Kim letters that she didn’t receive but he wouldn’t have been oversees that whole time and I’m sure he had access to a phone during that time. This would have made a lot more sense if they were together for longer or if Drew thought it was 2002 versus 2012

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Nothing about the Real Drew convinces me that Franco Drew would be so obsessive and insistent about reuniting with Kim.  

I agree; the writing/acting exemplifies that FrancoDrew still has Franco's personality, but with Drew's memories. His behavior with Elizabeth was obsessive/stalkerish in the beginning. Then when Elizabeth (briefly) broke up with him, he was all "I would do anything for you, I would die for you and your boys, I need you, you make me better" as he was physically holding onto her.  So now he has turned that 'we must be together' attitude away from her and focused it on Kim. And the entitled behavior he has demonstrated regarding Jake (esp. toward Jakeson/Drew and then Jason) is now focused on the late Oscar.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don't recall this much drama when Jason came back.  Drew realized Sam had doubts and he was out of there, and that's when they had a living baby!

BTS drama is the reason for all of that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

They have rewritten this Krew crap 100 times that's why I do not believe whatever version Roger is playing of Drew now is actually what was orginally intended.  BTS definitey played a part in all this nonsense and especially this spiteful rewritten shit of Drew Cain to suit Frank and his Franco/Roger obsession.

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Hater said:

They have rewritten this Krew crap 100 times that's why I do not believe whatever version Roger is playing of Drew now is actually what was orginally intended.  BTS definitey played a part in all this nonsense and especially this spiteful rewritten shit of Drew Cain to suit Frank and his Franco/Roger obsession.

See, they actually could have used the rewrites to their advantage and turned Kim into a fatal attraction, stalker chick, which is what I thought she was five minutes after she got here when she made a beeline for SBu Jason at Casa Corinthos. They could have gone all the way with it and said not only wasn't Oscar Drew's child, but he wasn't hers either, that she had stolen the identity of the real Dr. Kim Nero and kidnapped her child. They could have gone full Lifetime movie with it to at least give us something entertaining, instead of just forcing the audience to pretend the constant rewrites make sense.

• Love 11

I have to say that I'm finding the Kim/FrankenDrew business over the top creepy.  She says no and he keeps pulling shit on her.  Gross.  (Mind you, I'm reading captions while on a treadmill, but even if she's sending mixed signals -- I saw her say no so quit it and leave, dude). 

It's just creepy as shit.

Probably doesn't help that I find the actor playing FrankenDrew revolting.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Captanne said:

I have to say that I'm finding the Kim/FrankenDrew business over the top creepy.  She says no and he keeps pulling shit on her.  Gross.  (Mind you, I'm reading captions while on a treadmill, but even if she's sending mixed signals -- I saw her say no so quit it and leave, dude). 

It's just creepy as shit.

Probably doesn't help that I find the actor playing FrankenDrew revolting.

Today's "I'll step aside if you want Julian; just say it./I'm not going to leave after all" crap was irritating and stalkerish. Add on FrankenDrew's ever-changing accent/non-accent that makes it hard even for a casual viewer to believe he's the person he says he is, and . . . I'm just baffled as to where TPTB want us to think.

• Love 8

In non Franco/Kim news (poor Tamara Braun is probably getting dragged by the Frizzies as we speak), sounds like Dustin gave Lulu the good D(ustin)!  I can't recall the last time Lulu Did It with someone who wasn't Dante.  Was it Johnny?

And is this the first we've heard about Sasha's motives for faking being Nina's daughter?  That she's been here, like, a year, and this is the first we've heard of this grandma is such bad storytelling.

Finally, I hope the mention of Britt wasn't just a mean tease.  Given the little war going on between her mom and her bestie (and the rumors of a Nikolas return), a visit from Britta could really amp up the suds.  Plus, as always, I'm #teambritt

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Finally, I hope the mention of Britt wasn't just a mean tease.  Given the little war going on between her mom and her bestie (and the rumors of a Nikolas return), a visit from Britta could really amp up the suds.  Plus, as always, I'm #teambritt

She mentioned her Friday, too. 

I also heard Leisl say something last week to Sasha about her true family (or something like that) shortly after mentioning her resemblance to Britt. We may not be finished with Sasha shenanigans yet.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Captanne said:

She says no and he keeps pulling shit on her.

That's pretty Franco of him.

RoHo's Drew accent is driving me crazy. It has no connection to either Jason or real Drew in any possible way. We are watching the show. We know Franco thinks he's Drew. It's so annoying we're given absolutely no credit for following this idiotic story. It's really not that complicated, especially with the way the show beats story points into submission.

LOL at Michael's "There were multiple DNA tests! How can you not be Nina's daughter?" 

I loved Liesl digging at Valentin about how appropriately Deception was named, and how Sasha would be held up to such scrutiny.

Lulu, you ding-dong, your whole speech to your mother was an explanation and an apology.

Wow, Brad sucks for telling Julian he has the capacity to kill Olbrecht. So does Brad! Him getting all dainty at this point is a bit much. Julian has as much to lose as Brad does.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Lulu, you ding-dong, your whole speech to your mother was an explanation and an apology.

I didn't mind that scene so much--which is strange given I do not like Lulu,  But I thought the little comedy beats were well-played by Emme, Genie and Donnell.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And is this the first we've heard about Sasha's motives for faking being Nina's daughter?  That she's been here, like, a year, and this is the first we've heard of this grandma is such bad storytelling.

Motives must be 100% pure.  "I did it for dead/dying granny".  They were gonna take the farm, and our 3-legged cow, the one that saved me from a bear attack!  Bossy chased the bear out onto the road and was hit by a drunk driver! 

It's a dumb as Laura and Curtis thinking that a crucial piece of paper (or a clue leading to it) would be found in a chest of drawers in plain sight, where anyone could have seen it in the years(?) that it was stashed away.  At least look behind the framed ship print. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I thought GF was having a blast today being able to play comedy. They don't use her enough.

Why were Laura and Curtis looking in empty drawers instead of for something taped underneath one? If it was in such an obvious place, someone would have found it years ago. Also perfume can last a dozen years or more on a scarf.

Liesl playing on the meaning of Deception was fun.

I don't believe the grandmother existed.  Or it's a huge retcon. There was never any suggestion of Sasha needing money for her poor sick grandmother before.

Friz lovers are saying that it's rape, Kim taking advantage of a man who lost his memories but what I see is Kim in a truly messed up mental state and he's the one taking advantage of her.

ETA lol @ciarra

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

I complain about how much the props department wastes -- Oscar's rock, anyone? -- but I liked that Obrecht has Dr. O vanity plates. 

Those cabinets must have been a bear to assemble. 

So a CEO of an international conglomerate can't abide by a lie?  Why wouldn't someone in that position perform due diligence about someone that they were considering to be in a relationship with?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ciarra said:

but I liked that Obrecht has Dr. O vanity plates. 

That was a total shout out to the fans since we're the only ones that call her that.  

8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Why were Laura and Curtis looking in empty drawers instead of for something taped underneath one?

This.  I mean, it was clearly a plot point to find the scarf , which is likely Cassandra's but yeah, you told Lulu you needed to look in all the hidey holes not right out in the open.  

8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't believe the grandmother existed.  Or it's a huge retcon.

Retcon city.  

This whole thing with Franco is so gross.  Fine, he has Drew's memories, but it doesn't make him Drew.  His body is not the one that was physically with Kim 17 years ago.  His body is not the one that conceived Oscar.  Him behaving like it is just gross.  And the fact that she's falling for it is even grosser.  

• Love 10

I did appreciate that Lulu-Dustin getting busted was played for comedy rather than "but.. Dante! your twu luv!" 

I will also say that Dustin joking that the last time somebody's mom walked in on him, it was ALSO the mayor -- was legit funny.

They've never made me care about Sasha.. so I don't remember if the whole Grandmother thing is a retcon or not. She's Britt-lite-- I'd rather have the real thing.

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, sunnyface said:

So a CEO of an international conglomerate can't abide by a lie?  Why wouldn't someone in that position perform due diligence about someone that they were considering to be in a relationship with?

Michael is an idiot. Especially after Nelle, you'd think he'd put the ELQ investigators on anyone he came into contact with. But no, he's trusting and always thinks the best. *rme*

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

This whole thing with Franco is so gross.  Fine, he has Drew's memories, but it doesn't make him Drew.  His body is not the one that was physically with Kim 17 years ago.  His body is not the one that conceived Oscar.  Him behaving like it is just gross.  And the fact that she's falling for it is even grosser.  

Once again, the show takes an iffy situation and goes in the grossest possible direction. I don't think this is rape—whoever Franco thinks he is, he's enthusiastically consenting, and Kim is also willing—but it's highly, highly inappropriate on so many levels.

1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

I did appreciate that Lulu-Dustin getting busted was played for comedy rather than "but.. Dante! your twu luv!" 

Same, but I think the whole situation was a bit overplayed, especially on Laura's side. But no one cried, so it's a win!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, sunnyface said:

He's sick of getting lied to.  I have no problem with that. Other than the fact that everyone in both of his families are all world-class liars.  Even if he had done a background check on her, it wouldn't negate the fact that she had lied.  he would simply have found out earlier. 

• Love 2

so, I was wondering, if FrankenDrew has all of the pre-2012 Drew memories, wouldn't he remember growing up with Franco when he was little?  And remember the abuse and how Franco saved him/pushed him down the stairs?  He acts like has no idea who this guy Franco is

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

You know Franco is quite literally not in his right mind.  The fact that Kim and even Monica are using his memories for their own purposes is really not sitting well with me.  It's like indulging the delusions of someone who is mentally ill.  It's just really gross.

I liked Curtis gossiping with Laura about Lulu and Dustin.  I just love Curtis.

Dr. O has been looking fab lately.  I really hope Brita can come back.

• Love 7

mostlylurking, I think you put a finger on why the Drew/Kim thing is bugging me so much.  Right now, Frankendrew is in the throes of a severe mental illness brought about by a renegade science experiment that was done without his consent (Kim even said that to him yesterday).  Anyone who is a doctor should be treating him or at least encouraging him to return to the hospital for care.  In no way, shape, or form should they be indulging his sexual fantasies that are brought on by the procedure.

I saw the GH Twitter feed yelling about "rape" and didn't agree.  This is more of a medical ethics disaster.  I mean, it's seriously depraved and any doctor who is indulging him has their own mental issues.  They should have their licenses revoked.

I'm talking about it because it is a problem with the series that should be looked into.  I'm not sure how plot lines like this don't mark the demise of the series.  

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Captanne said:

I'm not sure how plot lines like this don't mark the demise of the series. 

I dunno. It's a soap and isn't supposed to be realistic. I mean really, the Ice Princess? Casey the Alien? None of this is real. I was more concerned when they screwed with the bipolar story than I am about Frew. And they've played fast and loose with facts for more years than I can count. I just shrug it off.

• Love 2

Casey the Alien (as I recall) didn't bring into question the fundamental ethics of the doctors on a show that supposedly centers around a Hospital.  I mean, we're talking core structure, here.  Not the Ice Princess (was that the Demetrios diamond in the sky thing?)

I dunno -- this problem is definitely soapy but it unravels the fabric of the stuff the drama is based on.  The doctors should be having ethical questions (can I operate on my son? frex) rather than committing grievous ethical infractions all in the name of nooners.

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 1

I saw the GH Twitter feed yelling about "rape" and didn't agree.  This is more of a medical ethics disaster.  I mean, it's seriously depraved and any doctor who is indulging him has their own mental issues.  They should have their licenses revoked.

Franco thinks that he is Drew.  He has Drew's memories, and apparently not his own.  He's not DRew, of course, and I'm not sure how much Franco there is in him, but presumably some.  this is the way that he wants to stay. He has stated that.  He is identifying as Drew.  This is actually an interesting question.  Does anyone have the right to force him to get therapy to change who he thinks he is.  I tend to think yes, because he's clearly not Drew and therefore is delusional in believing something that is not true, but you can draw the parallels.

Edited by Katy M
  • Love 1

The juxtaposition of Franco and Kim in bed as Julian told Brad he would never do anything to betray Kim's faith in him was a real punch to the gut. For Kim to lie there and list all the ways Julian changed for her and yet still cuddle into Franco like none of it matters makes me so angry on Julian's behalf. Even if I bought what the show is selling, that Kim and FrankenDrew are a love that can't be stopped, that would still not be enough justification for Kim to backstab Julian AND Liz in one fell swoop. It actually makes it worse that Kim is admitting that what she's doing with FrankenDrew will hurt multiple people, because knowing it's wrong and continuing to do it is the height of entitlement. 

Kim spent years building up a relationship in her head as the be all, end all, only to find the real Drew and be confronted with his romantic indifference for her. Now he's gone, and she's settling for a bastardized version of Drew because it feels good, and it feels like validation for everything she romanticized for the last 16 years. What Kim's doing with Franco isn't healthy, and it isn't real, and it's a shame the show is presenting it as a continuation of true love when it's really an obsession she's clinging to at the expense of everything else.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Katy M said:

Even if he had done a background check on her, it wouldn't negate the fact that she had lied.

Even if he did a background check on her, he wouldn't have found out that she lied.  Nowhere in a background check would he have found out that Valentin hired her and changed 98877 DNA tests.  So all he would have found out about her is what she's told everyone, which is the truth, where she's from, growing up with a single mother and grandmother, her job.  

4 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

so, I was wondering, if FrankenDrew has all of the pre-2012 Drew memories, wouldn't he remember growing up with Franco when he was little? 

Franco barely remembers that and only remembered after doing hypnosis with Kevin.  He also seemed a year or so older than Drew, so it's possible Drew would have no memory since he was too young.  

3 hours ago, TenPea said:

Am I going crazy or did Sasha go from potentially being the face of a magazine to a make up company?

It's always been a make up company because that's what Deception was when Lucy was running it before.  Sasha works for Criimson, as Nina's assistant but Lucy wants her for the face of her company, which is cosmetics.  

Anyone who is a doctor should be treating him or at least encouraging him to return to the hospital for care

He doesn't want to be treated.  He's learned online about Franco's past and doesn't want to return to that man.  Drew's memories are more fun, I guess, so he's decide to remain that guy.  

19 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Franco thinks that he is Drew.  He has Drew's memories, and apparently not his own.  He's not DRew, of course, and I'm not sure how much Franco there is in him, but presumably some.  this is the way that he wants to stay. He has stated that.  He is identifying as Drew.  This is actually an interesting question.  Does anyone have the right to force him to get therapy to change who he thinks he is.  I tend to think yes, because he's clearly not Drew and therefore is delusional in believing something that is not true, but you can draw the parallels.

No, FrancoDrew has referred to BM/Drew as "Drew" and acknowledged that yes, this is Franco's body but since I only have Drew's memories and don't feel any connection to Franco's life or loved ones, I want to be Drew.  However, in a moment when Monica and Drew were in the early stages of bonding as family she said she was taking the necessary legal steps to confirm Drew and Scout as her son and granddaughter. So if Monica is legally Drew's mother now and Elizabeth is of course Franco's wife, I think they could both force him. Monica should force the issue regardless because FrancoDrew could decide he wants Quartermaine money and custody of or visitation with Drew's daughter.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

No, FrancoDrew has referred to BM/Drew as "Drew" and acknowledged that yes, this is Franco's body but since I only have Drew's memories and don't feel any connection to Franco's life or loved ones, I want to be Drew. 

Semantics.  he feels like he's Drew.

6 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

So if Monica is legally Drew's mother now and Elizabeth is of course Franco's wife, I think they could both force him.

But, that's the ethical question I was getting at.  I agree with you because this is some kind of weird delusion. But, the other side is you are who you think you are and nobody has the right to mess with that.

• Love 1

Kim needs a straight jacket and a padded cell. I guess Drew's drugging and attempted rape were just the tip of the iceberg of her level of crazy. 

She's unhinged and of course she'll turn up pregnant. Carly is due to give birth after being pregnant for a year and half, so we absolutely do need another woman running around with a padded belly. 

I feel sorry for Julian. His girlfriend is a basket case and his son-in-law is a total scumbag. If Julian needs to kill someone, Brad should be at the top of that list. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 12