Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

This to me is proof that Ron simply cannot learn from his mistakes.  One of the big reasons the Patrick/Sabrina pairing alienated so many fans right out of the gate was that, while the fairy tale romance was playing out, Robin was being HELD PRISONER AND TORTURED.  Now, he expects everyone to ooh and aah over Samtrick, except, that while their fairytale romance is playing out, Robin is being HELD PRISONER AND CHAINED TO A WALL.

Exactly. Why is this concept so hard for Ron to understand? I honestly don't care who Patrick wants to sleep with. I get that things changed because one half of a couple is no longer on the show. So END the coupling naturally! Why must Robin continue to be tortured while Patrick struts his stuff around town? I mean, seriously.

Okay Patick isn't just a dick he is most truely and sincerely a giant DICK when I actually LIKE Sam. I mean her freakin' husband's been "dead" for like two years and she still loves him so much she can't sex up another man around his birthday and their anniversery, yet that dick would have tapped that no problem even though is wife in an hour away and not dead at all. Yah I don't think Patdick EVER loved Robin from where I sit. He just saw her freakin DAYS ago. He is so gross I just loathe him! I want someone anyone, I'd take Fluke at this point to throat punch him. ugh ugh ugh!

I love this post so much. Patrick needs a swift kick in his ass. Like I've said, Sam is NOT my problem at all. It's Patrick who claimed he was going to love someone "until the end of time." Time is up, I guess!

• Love 5

Other than Mikos, the Cassadines never seem to stay dead.  (Kristina I is not Helena's and I refure to acknowledge the woman on the island.)  I doubt either Stavros or Victor is dead, or maybe I just don't want them to be because even with all the scenery chewing, they're more fun than any Cornithos storyline.

I really, really, really don't get Lulu's horror that her second last possible embryo has Starvros' DNA. So does Nik, and she likes him.  Just take the baby as a gift and raise him normal.

Robin looks so much better with that haircut.

I really do like Patrick but if he's hitting on Sam knowing that Jason could be alive, he's going to deserve what he gets.

• Love 1

I forgot to mention, Lulu smacking that doctor with the clipboard was awesome.  Between that and her bitting Stavfroze, it's as if this storyline should be subtitled "How Lulu got her Spencer back".  

I would love to see her take after her mamma and get a shotgun.

Also, i love how everyone from KG to KSt looks more credible than MB holding a gun.  

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 7

Whoever is the body double for Jason really needs to study some of Jason's more active footage to get Steve Burton's body language down.  If it was Billy MIller rather than a body double then someone please sit him down to study his predecessors walk and movement.

Why?  Lord, the last thing I want is for the new guy to try to emulate the epic suck that was Steve Burton. 

• Love 11

I really, really, really don't get Lulu's horror that her second last possible embryo has Starvros' DNA. So does Nik, and she likes him.  Just take the baby as a gift and raise him normal.

Those are two completely different situations. Lulu has known Nikolas her whole life. he's her brother, who's kind to her. She was going to be forcibly impregnated with Stavros' baby. I think she'd look upon anyone who tried to do that to her in horror. Even if she contemplated maybe using the Stavros embryo, it should be on her terms. But if she were going to use another man to father a child of hers, why would she choose Stavros of all people.

In fact, the fact that this is her half-brother's father makes it even skeevier. It's not about DNA, it's about Stavros himself. Saying Stavros' embryo is like a gift is like saying well Dante has the same DNA as Sonny so Sonny must be awesome, so Lulu should be delighted about possibly getting pregnant with Sonny's child if it were possible.

Yes, Laura loved Nikolas, but if she could have chosen to not be impregnated by Stavros she would have. Plus, her situation was different from Lulu's; she thought her husband was dead and she was alone, and Nikolas was her first child. So she chose to love the baby because she thought had nothing else.

Also imo but Laura has had subconscious issues with Nikolas that she is in denial about/has never really dealt with. She definitely has treated him differently in comparison to Lucky and Lulu.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9

This episode was lit! So much good action and close calls. I honestly enjoyed every last minute of the clinic scenes. It was so exciting how all of the plots were intermixing at the clinic with everyone running around with guns. I think GH really brought the suspense and I have to say that this was the best episode in a long time. The two plots outside the clinic were the only really ifffy things. The Samtrick stuff was kind of awkward, but I do ship them. Meanwhile, the Tracy-Michael scenes were  the MOST USELESS scenes ever in an episode. There was no point,it didn't further any of the stories on the show, and it just added no type of development. It felt awkward alongside everything going on at the clinic.

• Love 1

I would love to see her take after her mamma and get a shotgun.

Nah, make it even better, give her an AK47 like her mother was holding on Victor when she, Robert & Luke were on Cassadine Island.

Meanwhile, the Tracy-Michael scenes were  the MOST USELESS scenes ever in an episode.

Maybe they were going to be short on JE's minimums.  That's the only reason I can think of for inserting those scenes. 

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 1

Yes, Laura loved Nikolas, but if she could have chosen to not be impregnated by Stavros she would have.

That's what I meant.  Laura didn't want it to happen but she got Nik out of it. And NIk has proved that you can overcome having Stavros as your biological father.

Lulu doesn't have any viable eggs left (until they retcon this), and she's only got one embryo left which may not take when its implanted (the first one didn't). Given her baby rabies, is she going to destroy this embryo of hers just because it has Cassadine DNA instead of Corinthos DNA?   I believe in abortion if that is the better option in the situation but I have eggs left and Lulu doesn't, and I don't want any more children and Lulu does.  This is her only chance to have third biological child(which is what I meant by 'a gift')  so all the freaking out about Stavros! is the father! seems stupid to me.

That's what I meant.  Laura didn't want it to happen but she got Nik out of it. And NIk has proved that you can overcome having Stavros as your biological father.

Lulu doesn't have any viable eggs left (until they retcon this), and she's only got one embryo left which may not take when its implanted (the first one didn't). Given her baby rabies, is she going to destroy this embryo of hers just because it has Cassadine DNA instead of Corinthos DNA?   I believe in abortion if that is the better option in the situation but I have eggs left and Lulu doesn't, and I don't want any more children and Lulu does.  This is her only chance to have third biological child(which is what I meant by 'a gift')  so all the freaking out about Stavros! is the father! seems stupid to me.

I think if someone just handed it to her and said "hey, this embryo is yours and Stavros'", she wouldn't be flipping out. She's freaking out about Stavros being the father right here right now because he's trying to rape her at the moment.

I don't know man, Nik is kind of a schlub. I kid, Nik isn't even comparable to Stavros. But seriously, like I said, if Lulu were impregnated maybe she would have made the best of it. But she doesn't have to be and she didn't want to be, thus the freaking out. Along with freaking out because Stavros was trying to force her into it. But also like I said, if Laura had had a choice she wouldn't have had Nikolas. Lulu was/is trying her best in these episodes to enforce her choice.

I don't think Lulu wants desperately wants anyone's babies but hers and Dante's; otherwise when Dante suggested it she would have gone with an egg donor after they had to give Connie/Georgie back. Connie she wanted because she was already attached to her and loved her like her own.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Stavros has emotionally tormented and physically violated Lulu (the procedure he had for her when she was unconscious on Cassadine Island amounts to rape). Her brother, Nikolas, is the product of Stavros raping Laura. This is not a secret. Laura loves Nikolas yes, but at the time of his birth/infancy, she was a prisoner who felt very alone in the world. I highly doubt Lulu would want a child created from an embryo formed against her will. I assume Nikolas would be equally skeeved out at the idea of his psychotic father also fathering a child with his half-sister by force.

• Love 7

I'm a little afraid at how easy it is for me to envision Olbrecht's redemption storyline, because as one of Ron C.s pets, she must be saved at any cost.

So I'm betting that Faison IS Nathan's father, and that Olbrecht's seeming passion for him will be explained away as NOT Passion, OH NO, she was masking her FEAR of him - all the time.  (Just ignore what we've already watched).  She was badgering Anna about his whereabouts not because she wanted him, but because she's afraid he actually still is alive, and will escape.

And her handing Ben off to the madman, well, Ben wasn't actually RELATED to her or Britt, so unfortunate or not, she was ready to sacrifice someone else's child to protect her own.  Too bad, too sad, she hurt her daughter and Dante and Lulu, but it was all to PROTECT her children, and in Ron's world, that excuse, tortured or not is excuse enough for him to think we'll see her as a GOOD MUTTER and not a CRAZY NUTTER.

Oh, and she FOOLED EVERYONE SO WELL into thinking she wanted Faison, that they all thought she would have been thrilled to have given him Nathan, when all the while she was acting like that and acting like a mean crazy woman because all this time she's been just pretending to protect her children.

Yup, I bet that's where he's going with this.  And if only he could gag on it.

• Love 3

I still think that Dr. O only told half a lie, she said yes it's true, and then something about Victor being Nathan's father, and then Nathan is a Cassadine.  I wasn't watching during Mikkos era so don't know if he is a bigger monster than Stavros or Victor, but that seems like the next likely candidate.  Although who knows why?  Why should it matter who Nathan's father is?

Well, there is the ick factor that he took  her eggs without her knowledge or permission and fertilized it.  Then he wanted to forcibly implant it.  I don't know want to call it -- sexual assault? ?? It's definitively an assault and violation of her body.  And further ick factor is she would be the mother of her brother's brother, making him the brother/uncle of the child. 

• Love 4

I just thought it was beyond silly to act as if showing Jason's "new" face to the audience already is giving away too much, or something, frankly I am not sure why the hell it's taking this long.  …

But maybe that's it, Ron wants to play this as some huge "everybody gasp and clutch your pearly bits" moment when he returns to PC. 

I'm thinking it's a homage to Ron's favorite period of GH history. There was a time before one of Frisco's returns that we saw someone's back -- never a face --  in a Turkish prison for what seemed liked weeks, then when that person got out of/escaped the prison, for another week we saw a map tracing the "mystery"  person's route back to PC. So, since the partial body reveal has been done before, Ron will do it again. 

I'm thinking it's a homage to Ron's favorite period of GH history. There was a time before one of Frisco's returns that we saw someone's back -- never a face --  in a Turkish prison for what seemed liked weeks, then when that person got out of/escaped the prison, for another week we saw a map tracing the "mystery"  person's route back to PC. So, since the partial body reveal has been done before, Ron will do it again. 

...and again...and again...and again...

• Love 2

This is where I got off the crazy train to GH Hell......Donna Mills is the sister of Obrecht - Donna's son is somehow Nathan, Donna's daughter is Nina, The Wicked Crone, Obrecht had twins, Nathan and Britt and their father is Faison - Ava had an affair with Silas and whatever - and Donna Mills disappeared!  She's was always compelling to watch no matter what show she was on.  I was enjoying her on GH.

All tripe!

Cassadine stories? Young Nik came to town and shook the L&L foundation for good.  The moment Laura said she had given birth to a son before Lucky, they were on the road to deterioration and ruin.  IT WAS NOT COMPLICATED.  It was dark and slow and it had purpose.

Watch those Spencers cry.

http://youtu.be/9orOWJvezSM?list=PLpRIllKcQoQIY9y0_jIYGcTizEcUu2qAC

I still think Maxie and Nathan are cuties together, terrible writing not withstanding.  And I'm liking Nathan/RP more and more, I don't know why.  Well, yes I do, yes I do.

Swordqueen, if you're like me, you are liking them more every time RP smiles... Hellloooo... 

• Love 2

Robin! I'm so happy they didnt F up KMc's hair like the last time. Did they not allow my girl to shower? She was in maroon scrubs the last time we saw her on screen.

Headless Jason & chatty Robin allowed me to travel back into time to my JnR loving days. The days before Stone Cold, St. Jasus, Carly & the UnHoly Trinity. This show use to be good.

I've decided RP just needs to stand shirtles, smile & be quiet. JK, even, thou he can still be wooden, he is getting better in his scenes with KSt.

The gun lesson irked me. Maxie didn't have a revolvers hes going to loose a chunk of skin when that automatic kicks back.

Robin better not get hurt or killed in that damn explosion. I due suspect Helena will kidnap her in order to revive Stavros & Victor. Oy vey, this damn show.

Swordqueen, if you're like me, you are liking them more every time RP smiles... Hellloooo... 

Oh, you know it!  ;)

I'm loving that crooked little smile of his.  I can't believe I'm getting all gooey over a soap guy, because they're usually too pretty boy for me.  I think it might be in part to RP though because from the little I've seen of his real personality, he seems like a really decent guy, and that always helps. Plus, now that Levi's gone (How awesome is that?!), and he's all smiles and making out with Maxie, Nathan seems more at ease. 

Grant Putnam

Now that's a blast from the past I could get behind, though they'd have to work really hard to convince me he was Nathan's father.  And I don't think Ron works really hard, does he?

I was surprised, when Anna said it wasn't Obrecht's place to decide Victor was too dangerous to just send off to prison, that Obrecht didn't have some really weighted comeback in reply, because, y'know, Faison...

• Love 1

I'm more than a bit ticked off that Anna didn't get to see Robin chained to a wall because more than anything Robin's mother needs to be aware that Patrick's side of the story is not the only side. Robin's mother needs to know that Robin didn't 'choose' anything over her daughter and husband. She needs to clue into the fact that none of this was about Robin just running off ten minutes after she had been reunited with her family after two years.

And then maybe the next time Patrick goes to Anna for positive reinforcement about his decision to divorce the wife that's being blackmailed, threatened and chained to a wall, Anna can kick him in the face.

This. It is a damn huge plot point for us to see that Robin isn't coming and going as she pleases. Anna and Patrick need to know this. Which means it will never be mentioned.

• Love 2

This. It is a damn huge plot point for us to see that Robin isn't coming and going as she pleases. Anna and Patrick need to know this. Which means it will never be mentioned.

Oh you silly people! Robin's not being held against her will! It was her choice to be chained to wall! Don't you know Robin is into that kinky stuff? Just like she wasn't TORTURED or ELECTROCUTED...no, no...she had a cot and three hots and to top it all off, she had Jerry Jax to keep her company! Now whyever should Anna be shown to discover that Robin again is a hostage? That would totally make a lie of her blind support for that douche, Patrick. And we can't have that, because, as I said before, Robin* is just the WORST.

*Nothing will ever, ever, EVER make me hate her or dislike Robin, so Ron that fuckwit and his "writers" who continue to pen Robin in such a disrespectful manner can just go fuck themselves.

• Love 17
Maybe they were going to be short on JE's minimums.  That's the only reason I can think of for inserting those scenes.

While I enjoy watching both JE and KG work their crafts, I would much prefer to watch the character Tracy Quartermaine get some stuff resolved than a sadistic killer.  I remember little Jason and AJ as tots running around the Quartermaine mansion.  Whether or not it was intentional, I think that if Jason comes back as a Q, it makes heaps of sense to have two other Quartermaines come into the picture to begin, hopefully, Jason's return to the Quartermaine realm.  I'd much rather prefer seeing Jane Elliot on the screen instead of that violent vile thug of a character -  Sonny.  I am positive that RC/FV probably would have preferred to have thirty second shots of those plastic Chinese figurines that Sam and Jason used to stare at than focus on the Quartermaines.

Both nuLulu and Maxie did a good job yesterday with their materials and rose to occasion.

While these past two days have been a pleasant action-filled respite from the typical Sabrina and Morgan whining fest, I am not looking forward to a return of the Sam and Jason show.  Blech.

Throw that in along with the failed characters of Silas (despite the waste of the many characters brought in for support his bored ass), SERIAL KILLER, and Kiki/Starr and top it off the too many scenes of poor violent thug of a character and we are back to GUZA with a failed trifecta.  Sprinkle in some hospital scenes with Felix and Sabrina - and some baby rabies - and Nina and other useless cast members - and this show gets off the DVR recording schedule. 

The ONLY things keeping me watching these days is rooting for the Quartermaines.  YMMV.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 5

We already have the grand-brother/uncle-daddy thing going on with Morgan/Ava/Sonny. 

Stavros should just hire a surrogate. 

Someone shoot Victor and Stavros in the heart with silver bullets. Then decapitate them. Then throw their bodies and heads in an incinerator. Then have the ashes sent to space.

so the next batch of idiots can find a way to bring them back. This show should be on SFY channel. Or maybe the Comedy channel.

I love when ME gets to play evil.

I agree, ME does evil well.  As much as I hated the whole vampire crappola, he did seem to be having a good time with it.  He actually had energy and emotion, which I find sorely missing in his characterization of Silas.  He would have been a good Valentin.

Other than Mikos, the Cassadines never seem to stay dead.

There's one other who's stayed dead lo these 30+ years, Tony and may he stay dead.

Watch those Spencers cry.

Oh, I remember watching Laura tell Luke about Nik, it ripped me.   It was also when Geary still put effort into what he was playing and Genie hit every single beat spot on.  

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 2

Oh, I almost forgot b/c it was so cute and all how Ron "borrowed" from Pretty Little Liars it made it more "memorable" RME

The main reason Victor won't be dead is b/c Dr. O said<singing> two can keep a secret when one of them is dead-. So the only way Nathan's true parent(s), and I say plural b/c of how she worded it(the truth is much worse, not his true father is much worse), can come out is if Victor isn't dead to "spill the beans"

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 2

Lulu wants a baby with Dante, not just any random sperm that happens to wander into the same petri dish as one of her eggs.  And I don't think that any victim of sexual assault who has had trouble having kids should be grateful to have her rapist's baby or look at it as a gift that her rapist decides to forcibly impregnate her.  

.  And I don't think Ron works really hard, does he?

Of course he works hard.  I mean, that Twitter account isn't going to throw temper tantrums by itself! 

• Love 15

I wasn't watching during Mikkos era so don't know if he is a bigger monster than Stavros or Victor, but that seems like the next likely candidate.  Although who knows why?  Why should it matter who Nathan's father is?

If Ron were interested in writing "corporate raider" type stories, it could be a very big deal if Mikkos is Nathan's Father. With Stefan and Stravos dead, and Valentine a pipe dream and Alexis a woman, Nathan would be the last surviving child of Mikkos and as such could make a claim to being the Cassaidne Prince not Nicholas and could theoretically take over the Cassadine Empire. Further Helene would immediately become his mortal foe as she would not want anyone but Nik as the heir.

BTW Does anyone else want to see Helene slap Spencer across the mouth and say "Hush, be silent when Adults Speak"

• Love 4

If Ron were interested in writing "corporate raider" type stories, it could be a very big deal if Mikkos is Nathan's Father. With Stefan and Stravos dead, and Valentine a pipe dream and Alexis a woman, Nathan would be the last surviving child of Mikkos and as such could make a claim to being the Cassaidne Prince not Nicholas and could theoretically take over the Cassadine Empire.

For this to be true, Nathan would have to be in his late 30s, as Mikkos was iced back in '79? '80?

But this is Ronthedouchetasticfuckwit, so I'm sooo sure, now that it's been put out in the universe, he'd so do it.

Thanks, guys.

• Love 1

I was a little squicked out that they played it semi-sexily.

I've seen that gun thing done before in a movie and well the couple ended up in bed together.

So I thought it was ok, it was semi sexy, but necessary so Maxie could help protect herself.

Personally I think Nathan is better off not knowing who his father is.  He seems to be a well adjusted adult who doesn't need the drama.

Edited by jennifer6973
  • Love 5

WE NEVER CARED (about Nathan's paternity).

*small voice* I sorta cared when it was Victor. 

Now, though...we better not have another Rex Balsom on our hands, is all I'm sayng.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Now, though...we better not have another Rex Balsom on our hands, is all I'm sayng.

Crap, maybe that means Ron is biding his time in hopes of getting OLTL rights back. Then he can reveal that Nathan's father is... Roxy Balsom! (as in love with camp as Ron is, I have to believe he hates not having been able to go forward with that plot twist on OLTL)

At least unlike Rex, Nathan appears to not give much of a shit who his father is.

Such a waste of time.

Fits right in with the other storylines!

Edited by dmeets
  • Love 1

Victor as Nathan's father (or, Nathan as Victor's son) was good physical casting. I hope Ron keeps Nathan's father within the realm of plausibility. I mean, a Hopi Indian as Rex's father was absurd: Genetic are wacky, but there's no way Rex could turn out blond, fair, and blue-eyed with a Native American father. And it turned out not to be so, but to even consider that? Gah.

If Nathan doesn't care who his father is, why should I? It's like Franco and Scott. The only time they're together is when the plot demands it. Such a waste of time.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

I thought the Samtrick kiss was hot and that they looked and acted like adults. I thought the Naxie kiss was hella awkward with his elbow pointed at the camera.

Dead Cassadines, meh.

I liked headless Jason and wish he would stay that way. 

• Love 2

Why did Michael have to wear a shirt to box? Why? Isn't Chad Duell's frightened male cleavage exactly what these kind of scenes are for? I know my FV/RC male objectification scenes.

• Love 1

Jason saw her and being "super keen smart guy" he is either figured out she was alive or Victor and his guys tormented him everyday by telling him that Robin was alive. I'm basing this off the fact that Roger Howarth was probably smart enough to adlib shit about being tortured to make up for the fact that we were to assume Todd was tortured in 2011. We also did see him get asked about something, but you don't want to know about "it."

Todd was tortured in that storyline. We actually saw it happen (as much as they can show electrocution) -- he was being interrogated, Baker left the room when he didn't get the answers they wanted and then watched through the slat of the window as lights flashed, zzzZZZzzzt noises were heard and Todd was screaming. That happened and his torture was mentioned fairly frequently so I sincerely doubt it was an adlib on Howarth's part.

I'm already looking forward to hearing about Jason's horrible tenure at Cassadine Clinic. They bounced back and forth heavily regarding Todd's eight years of torture (was he tortured daily for eight years? Or was he catatonic for most of those eight years to the point where he thought it was 2003 when he came out of it? It shifted quite a bit depending on what they were going for that day, it seemed.) Was Jason completely unaware of his surroundings until Robin brought him back? Or did they torment him with news of his wife and child moving on without him blah blah blah?

Sidenote: I'm still bitter that the Dock Roll didn't take. Still the best. death. ever.

This to me is proof that Ron simply cannot learn from his mistakes.  One of the big reasons the Patrick/Sabrina pairing alienated so many fans right out of the gate was that, while the fairy tale romance was playing out, Robin was being HELD PRISONER AND TORTURED.  Now, he expects everyone to ooh and aah over Samtrick, except, that while their fairytale romance is playing out, Robin is being HELD PRISONER AND CHAINED TO A WALL.

Ron also thought it was totally acceptable to have Blair throw over the love of her life for the guy who was responsible for handing him over to the people who kept him prisoner for eight years on OLTL. This is not a lesson that Ron can't seem to learn on GH. It predates GH. I don't know why he can't understand this very simple equation and his heavy handedness about glossing over gigantic, important beats like that is ridiculous. (It didn't help on OLTL that Blair lit up like a fucking Roman candle whenever she was in Todd's presence and then looked awkward and uncomfortable around the other dude and then Ron insisted that she had legit feelings for him after the nasty truth came out. Riiiiight.)

By the same token, I never understood why they would show Robin fighting, being tied down with bite guards shoved into her mouth and then be all "No! You have to love this treacly Princess Sabrina story with Patrick as her Prince! It's magical!" No actual Disney movie is that fucked up, people. I mean the way they had Robin leave last time was bullshit but they also made it pretty clear that she was being threatened and if wasn't clear enough... chained to a God damned wall!! But, nope, she's totes there on her own accord... lookit  how sparkly Patrick/Sam are!

And the thing is, I totally get the concept of Patrick and Sam drawing together in all of this. That should have been the story all along! Two people who thought they were widowed coming together to help each other through the ordeal, not even realizing the feelings that were growing and all of that. It didn't even have to be romantic in the first go round, that should have happened after Robin 'left' again while Patrick struggled with the whys and wherefores but also keeping the knowledge that Jason might actually be saved from Sam. That should have been the tale... not to mention that Robin and Jason have their own history.

Instead, they threw Patrick/Sabrina and Sam/Silas at the wall hoping it would stick for some reason.

So many fails. That's what Ron's good at... so many fails.

• Love 15

Why?  Lord, the last thing I want is for the new guy to try to emulate the epic suck that was Steve Burton. 

I loved Steve Burton and him in the role as Jason Morgan.  BM is going to be a major adjustment for me, and I hope he can tone down the snark and smiling because that 'ain't' Jason Morgan.

Why did Michael have to wear a shirt to box? Why? Isn't Chad Duell's frightened male cleavage exactly what these kind of scenes are for? I know my FV/RC male objectification scenes.

I was happy that we didn't get the umpteenth male shirtless scene.  Maybe RC is finally reading the boards about how stupid it has become, although I doubt it.  It looks to me like CD bulked up a bit.  He actually has a great build.  He just needs a tan.

And the thing is, I totally get the concept of Patrick and Sam drawing together in all of this. That should have been the story all along! Two people who thought they were widowed coming together to help each other through the ordeal, not even realizing the feelings that were growing and all of that. It didn't even have to be romantic in the first go round, that should have happened after Robin 'left' again while Patrick struggled with the whys and wherefores but also keeping the knowledge that Jason might actually be saved from Sam. That should have been the tale... not to mention that Robin and Jason have their own history.

From a story-telling standpoint, I really liked the idea of exploring Patrick and Sam. And short-term Sam/Patrick/Robin triangle could actually be well-written.  Sam (at least the Sam I know, I've only watched from 2012 on since 2000) is more earthy, down-to-earth -- very much like how they were trying to portray her in the recent pool/bet scenes.  Whereas Robin is more uptight and cerebral.  Robin appeals more to the mind; Sam perhaps more to the body. And I'm not saying that Robin isn't physically attractive and desirable and Sam is brainless -- far from it. But Sam's got curves that belong in Playboy and Robin has a brain that makes her a preeminent doctor. It could spark a moment of envy -- though not in a childish put down way. Just in a "wow -- *that* quality is impressive" kind of way.

I could see how there could be an attraction between Sam and Patrick, especially as they both are widowed with young children. I don't see Patrick being torn for long -- Robin is where his heart is. But I can see an adult triangle where it triggers some conflict, some internal questioning, and three people trying to be adult and not needlessly hurt each other's feelings. And it could be told from the female perspective and not just in a loop of "who's Patrick gonna choose?" scenes kind of way.

YMMV.

I have a feeling that Chad pulled a Dominic and, even though the script says that Michael is shirtless, Chad said 'f that,' and put one on.

I give no credit to Ron deciding against male objectivism. It's the actors who decided that they are more than pieces of meat.

Sidenote: I'm still bitter that the Dock Roll didn't take. Still the best. death. ever.

Seriously! Ron's tenure on GH never got better than this:

http://youtu.be/Pn4md5gPXes?t=3m35s

Edited by Francie
  • Love 5

I don't think Jason will be Jason Morgan.

I think and hope we get a mixture of Q and Morgan. At this point, I'd be open to an AJ recast, but I think Miller would have been an excellent AJ. He looks enough like Chad to be his uncle or dad.

I wonder if we are getting more charades. Jason's surprisingly good at it. If Miller is good and hates Sonny and Carly, apologizes to Monica, and is pissed about AJ's murder, I won't call him Borg. Hell, I'll even tweet an apology to Steve Burton.

• Love 3

I loved Steve Burton and him in the role as Jason Morgan.  BM is going to be a major adjustment for me, and I hope he can tone down the snark and smiling because that 'ain't' Jason Morgan.

I was happy that we didn't get the umpteenth male shirtless scene.  Maybe RC is finally reading the boards about how stupid it has become, although I doubt it.  It looks to me like CD bulked up a bit.  He actually has a great build.  He just needs a tan.

Nah, he's fine. He doesn't need to go through GH's orange spray tan treatment.

• Love 3

I feel bad about Chad Duell's obvious terror and discomfort every time the show shamelessly objectifies him, I really do, but not enough to stop staring at his chest. He will always be a piece of meat to me. And, uh, a good actor.

• Love 2

heh. Am I insensitive because I don't think he seems horrified . . . he definitely seems fine with making out with his girlfriend in front of the camera, so he can't be all that shy . . . he only seems horrified to me when he has to dance shirtless and or is naked down to his underwear. Or has to dance, in general.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2