Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I really liked Lauren's lipstick, but I wish Ava would wear more flattering colors. They like to put her in light pink, and it makes her look older than she is, IMO.

Sonny Corinthos: Relationship Counselor. He should put out a shingle. He's so good.

I don't think Jordan's jaguar is worth anything—Anna said she'd seen the original, so Jordan's is clearly a reproduction. It's possible there's something inside it, like drugs or jewels or something, that is valuable, though.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

The only thing sadder than watching Zombie Jake try to act is watching him try to hug someone. He spreads his arms wide and flops over into the other person's torso. Poor little undead boy. He doesn't know how to love.

Did this happen during a commercial?

So very fat.

I laughed really hard at all of this Lol!!

• Love 4

You know what?  The show didn't come out and say it, but I bet Sonny really likes the idea of Michael raising the child of the man who paralyzed him.  In Sonny's mind, that's winning.

Also, I just don't really buy all the sadness and longing from both Michael and Sabrina.  There's no there...there with that relationship.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Okay, when I watched yesterday, and saw midgety moobster whining about why Robin and Patrick had to leave before he was walking, I laughed hysterically.

At first, I thought he was kidding but I realized that  he was NOT kidding. If the character had an ounce of charm or self-awareness, he could have made the statement and then smiled and said nah, I'm only kidding.  

Unfortunatey for us, he has neither of those things and thus was dead serious with that statement.  UGH.

• Love 2

Okay. Granted I have pretty much stopped watching period with Scrubs gone unless I hear something about Genie getting a real story or whatever, but about this alleged new opening. Apparently Genie's off on the left, and Center Square is:

0vJVVIv.gif

FOR REAL?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
(edited)

Shut up, Sabweena.  Emma already had the family she dreamed about before and up until Robin was "killed."  It's not as if she never had it, or that Robin was the latest woman that Patrick hooked up with, who finally gave Emma her family. UGH. 

And Anna was totally playing Sabrina. All one had to do was look at Anna's face and her eyes.  As for that hug? Anna didn't look too thrilled to be giving her that hug. It was very...perfunctory. At least to me.  And Anna quickly got on the phone to Jordan to fill her in, too. And she was carefully trying to get Sabrina to admit who the father was, and, I think, to get her to say that Carrrrlos was alive. The way she brought up Duke's name and talked about "I'm fine" to "Not fine."

This is my Anna!

I would have loved to have seen Robin and Patrick butting heads as co-Chiefs of Staff!!!!

Has Jordan always been this...by-the-rules, and not keeping things close to the vest type of Commish? Serious question, because I always fast forward her scenes. I just grabbed my hair when she said the "let's ask your boss" about getting a wire tap.  I don't think Anna told Jordan that it's Paul she suspects. Right?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5

Oh man, yeah, Genie Francis is shoved into the side next to Nikolas:

CYi1qTtWMAAx9jW.png

ETA...man, these credits really do look cheap as fuck.  Considering how short it is, you might as well just use the sounds of sirens and a title card.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

CYi1qTtWMAAx9jW.png

Okay, Genie just looks right down scary in that picture. Like someone told her to smile, while they took a gazillion pictures until her face just froze that way; very ricter-like.

• Love 3

Genie just needs a mature male counterpart. The only one around now is Paul. Right, now she's stuck in the kids storyline. Now, she must know how Denise Alexander felt. Time marches on......for all of us.

• Love 4

CYi1qTtWMAAx9jW.png

ETA...man, these credits really do look cheap as fuck.  Considering how short it is, you might as well just use the sounds of sirens and a title card.

I don't get why they haven't gone to that, considering cast turn over on soaps, and also that most primetime shows have only title cards now too/don't feature faces in the opening credits anymore either.

• Love 6

Shut up, Sabweena.  Emma already had the family she dreamed about before and up until Robin was "killed."  It's not as if she never had it, or that Robin was the latest woman that Patrick hooked up with, who finally gave Emma her family. UGH. 

THIS. Sabrina was always clueless about Patrick and the Patrick/Robin/Emma family dynamic. 

• Love 1

Watching Anna play Sabrina like a fiddle was about the only interesting thing that happened today.  I also liked Jordan with the new (to me) guy.  All the non-Anna and non-Jordan scenes were boring and/or stupid.

I feel all alone. I'm anti-Jasam and anti-Liason.

You're not alone!  I wish they would have left Jason at the bottom of the harbor and let Liz and Sam (both of whom I like) move on.

• Love 3

I feel all alone. I'm anti-Jasam and anti-Liason.

"You're not alone anymore", lol, you have the stupid song from the NB popping in my head.

I don't give a flying fidgety fuck about Jasam or Liason either. It's all static or white noise for me at this point.

Someone up thread mentioned Y&R having hospital scenes. I caught a minute while working today and thought the same thing. B&B also has doctor's visits and hospital scenes. So why doesn't a show about a hospital have the same, if not more?

• Love 3

THIS. Sabrina was always clueless about Patrick and the Patrick/Robin/Emma family dynamic.

No woman has ever truly known Patrick but Robin. And that is a fact. What is it that Patrick said years ago? That she's the only one who didn't worry about his stupid personality? Poor girl accepted it all. <3

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

Valerie needs to sleep with Nathan next.

Have we even seen Nathan in months? /notcomplaining Can't even remember which name is his real one. Woody, right?

I laughed at Anna's "I saw the real thing" to Jordan's Mayan figurine today.

• Love 2

I don't think the statue Dr. McShrinky gave Jordan has drugs or anything illegal in it. I mean, wouldn't a smuggler take that shit out before he gave the vessel away? He would have to be oblivious to anything put inside it, right? He's not that dumb....is he? IS HE?????

Okay. Granted I have pretty much stopped watching period with Scrubs gone unless I hear something about Genie getting a real story or whatever, but about this alleged new opening. Apparently Genie's off on the left, and Center Square is:

0vJVVIv.gif

FOR REAL?

This show's priorities are so out of whack.

Have we even seen Nathan in months? /notcomplaining Can't even remember which name is his real one. Woody, right?

I laughed at Anna's "I saw the real thing" to Jordan's Mayan figurine today.

Compared to the wannabe Jordan is, Anna is the real thing.

Yeah, I know it doesn't make total sense. Just go with me on this, k?

• Love 2
And Anna was totally playing Sabrina.

Yes.  And somewhere Jane Elliot is glad that some other established actress gets the opportunity to help Sabrina's ease off our screens.   Poor Tracy - having to share lines with Sabrina, Michael, and vanilla Dillon (swear that Tracy's real kid must have been switched at birth).  At least she doesn't have to do the heavy lifting in scenes containing the awful performances by Kiki and Morgan like Maura West. 

• Love 6

Also, I just don't really buy all the sadness and longing from both Michael and Sabrina.  There's no there...there with that relationship.

Really though! I mean I actually liked Michael/Sabrina but this shit is hilarious. They didn't love each other like this! This is too much and it's so stupid. Like with most things, there's a good idea there, but the writers ruined every possibility it had almost immediately and then just kept ruining it more with each passing day. Sigh.

And Anna was totally playing Sabrina. 

Yes she was and it was amazing. And then Anna's really smug "I've seen the real thing" to Jordan. I loled! Anna was so, I don't know what word I'm looking for, I guess maybe ruthless. I loved it!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
Sabrina was always clueless about Patrick and the Patrick/Robin/Emma family dynamic.

That's what happens when you have characters yapping about things they know nothing about. (Why does that sentence seem wrong? You know what I mean.)

I mean I actually liked Michael/Sabrina but this shit is hilarious. They didn't love each other like this!

At least Michael isn't mad about Sabrina sleeping with Carlos and clearly told Sonny it happened before he and Sabrina ever got together. Sonny would never call Sabrina a faithless whore—she's been made far too saintly for that slur—but you know he was itching to.

But once again, the show forces a relationship to go too far too fast. Michael and Sabrina haven't even been together a year and they're throwing around the word "love"? I know a pregnancy can fast-track emotions, but COME ON. I liked them together because she was often a decent sounding board for his nutty family issues, but the actors don't generate much heat. Part of it is their characters are too goody-goody in a lot of ways, but they also don't have enough history to project more than great fondness.

• Love 7

Regarding Kristina, I think her flunking out of school - if that's where that's going - is a lame route to take, given the show also had Morgan and Kiki randomly drop out.  Why not just SORAS her education a bit and have her decide to do graduate school in Port Charles or something?  Why is this show afraid to show its younger characters value an education?

They don't need to SORAS her education. She's been undergrad for 5 years! Surely between the summer and winter sessions she took she made up her first 2 semesters and she went in with credits already. She needs to just graduate! Not sure what this show has again education because it was ridiculous the first time when Kristina came back aged a couple of years and they said she dropped out her first semester. 

• Love 3

Like with most things, there's a good idea there, but the writers ruined every possibility it had almost immediately and then just kept ruining it more with each passing day. 

It's kinda amazing how the writers manage to ignore even basic story telling concepts. Like, I honestly think 5th graders could do better than this. 

• Love 8

And so what if she did sleep with someone? They're legally separated. FOAD, Dante.

Seriously.  I so badly want Lulu to be like "yep, I believe it was while you were fucking my cousin in our marital bed, asshole." 

• Love 15

Also, I just don't really buy all the sadness and longing from both Michael and Sabrina.

Well, in Michael's case, it's really just that now that he's slept with Sabrina, Rosalie, and Kiki, he's out of options. There are no other females in Port Charles that he's not related to by blood or adoption. (except Hayden, as long as she's not Tracy's long lost kid, or perhaps Jimmy Lee's spawn.)

Seriously, is there a female that is not a Spencer, Q, or Corinthos? (or mooning over Uncle Jason: Liz & Sam?)

• Love 3

Loved Anna playing Sabrina. Loved Richard Burgi's suit and tie. Scratching my head at why the phone in new Dr.'s office would be on the wall and not the desk. An exam room I understand but an office? That is where my attention went during those scenes.

If jsbt were here, I'm sure he'd mention Maxie as an option for Michael.

It's ridiculous there's no other young female character in that age group because, of course, that would distract from making Kiki happen.

• Love 4

I don't think the statue Dr. McShrinky gave Jordan has drugs or anything illegal in it. I mean, wouldn't a smuggler take that shit out before he gave the vessel away? He would have to be oblivious to anything put inside it, right? He's not that dumb....is he? IS HE?????

I wonder if it has a bug in it so he can spy on her.

LOL at Carlos and his backpack. I didn't expect him to have a wheelie, but a backpack?

Dante is SUCH a douche. Jumping to conclusions yet again and not even trying to imagine otherwise. Ugh.

Where exactly was Felix when Anna and Jordan busted into his apartment? 

• Love 5

I can't say much because Carlos is my weakness, however when you are about to give birth is this a good idea? Taking a newborn on the run is probably a lot of work. 

I'm sitting at the Carlos fan table, too, Mrs OMB. So I'm fanwanking that he and Sabrina will be taking a launch to a cruise ship that will take them to an undisclosed South American location where they can live happily ever after. I have nothing against the actress, and her character didn't really add much to the canvas in the last year,  so I hope this is a true exit for her and that she finds employment somewhere else after she has her baby. Also, I like Carlos too much for him to be the only person the PCPD has ever captured. Run, Carlos, Run!

• Love 8

Dante is SUCH a douche. Jumping to conclusions yet again and not even trying to imagine otherwise. Ugh.

Douche and an imbecile. Why does he think Dillon was there? He saw him leave with Valerie!! And saying that it wouldn't make a difference if Lulu knew that he and Valerie weren't dating anymore? Um, what? Yeah, that would make smidge of a difference! I think his hair grease is overloading his brain.

Also this is Liz levels of passive-aggression

Dante: I don't know if [me and Valerie] are friends anymore, which everyone in my life will be happy about.

gah, the patches on Felix's elbows.

Oh, Sabrina is leaving. Didn't they learn from the gaping hole she left in the show the last time she was off-screen for months? I hope tehy pre-taped some scenes!!*

*sarcasm

Olivia v Valerie is like do I want to hear cats yowling or nails on a chalkboard.

• Love 5

Oh yay the talking tree is back.

What does Olivia lying to Julian and Sonny have to do with Val fucking a man who happens to be married to her cousin and feeling no shame or regret? STFU. I don't even know why her dumbass thought it would be a good idea to apply for a job at a business co-owned by Lante's biggest cheerleader. 

Dante is so fucking stupid and worthless. 

• Love 5

I don't even know why her dumbass thought it would be a good idea to apply for a job at a business co-owned by Lante's biggest cheerleader.

Why wouldn't she go directly to Carly to ask about a job at the MetroCourt?

HAHAHA, just kidding!  Carly wouldn't know Valerie from a hole in the wall!  And Carly's fulltime job is being Sonny's wife!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

What does Olivia lying to Julian and Sonny have to do with Val fucking a man who happens to be married to her cousin and feeling no shame or regret? STFU. I don't even know why her dumbass thought it would be a good idea to apply for a job at a business co-owned by Lante's biggest cheerleader. 

They did clear that up - Valerie forgot that Olivia co-owned the place. But yeah, otherwise agreed. Olivia's baby lies had nothing to do with her grown ass son choosing to sleep around on his wife.

The stupid thing is she should have gone to the other co owner, Carly, her damn cousin for the job. Heck she might talk to her other cousin, Lucas, about seeing to score a job at General Hospital. She isn't a serial killer or terrorist (though now that seems to help), she would pass their background check. I thought Olivia was being mean asking her to leave town(she had somewhat of a point about Valerie's real home being Philly), but I too don't get how it truly correlates. Olivia was never any man's mistress, she just has the bad habit of getting knocked up by mobsters. Considering that  Dante exposure to Sonny is probably what caused his personality to suck as much as has been lately, keeping Dante away from Sonny turned out to be an A+ idea. What I hate is they use Valerie, of all people, to tell others why they suck. At least when they had early Carly go around telling off others, the show made the caveat that Carly was a shitty person, so you didn't have to take what she said seriously. But I think we are supposed to see Valerie as being a truth teller of sorts, like Spinelli and a victim of Johnny and Lulu with whatever plan they have.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2
What I hate is they use Valerie, of all people, to tell others why they suck.

Valerie isn't wrong with the facts, but she's barely knows what she's talking about. Another example of people with no history yapping about stuff.

CAN THEY?!

It's always the wimmins' fault. Haven't you learned that by now, Dandesun? Especially when the dude is related to Sonny.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7