Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

Which I would be okay with if it was a way to avoid dealing with grief and anger at losing Shawn and losing him because Shawn chose to go to jail instead of choosing his son - but it won't because these writers suuuuuck do we're going to get a very special episode on race relations from people who are incapable of writing that well

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

STFU, TJ! "Ugh, Mom, I know Duke was trying to kill you, but you're still a lying liar who lies! Mob rules, cops drool!" I'd like to think that someone will slap.some sense into him, but I don't know if anyone's pimp hand is strong enough to combat his douchery.

If Patrick/Sam/Jake/Liz have a double date, it will be beyond awkward. I wonder if Jake will have a daydream/memory of fucking Sam right at the table. I'd love to hear the justifications on that one.

Oh and STFU, Luke. You killed a kid. Anyone anytime any place can talk shit about your drinking. Dickhead.

I feel like I was hit over the head by 100 anvils during the Valerie/Dante scenes. So Lulu and Dillon will bond over the secret they can't tell her husband or his mom, while Dante and Val bond over injustice and work. I'm guessing Lante will have a fight about Lulu and Dillon whispering in a corner together, then Lulu will see what she thinks is an intimate moment between Dante/Val and go get drunk at the Floating Rib. With Dillon. Then bang him at Milo's old place (or the Quartermaine manse so Michael can walk in on them).

The Tracy/Sabrina scenes were nice. And I liked that it didn't become all about Sabrina, though that hasn't happened for some time.

I think Rosalie's secret will turn out to be that her daddy is the latest mobster to want Sonny's territory. Yawn.

• Love 11
(edited)

I don't want to watch Valerie try to soothe away Dante's white guilt. Ugh, this story. It does sound like a seventh grade skit for racial justice day. And to make this a "connection" between Dante and Valerie? Ugh again.

Dante: Let me prove I'm not racist . . . in bed. :cue sexy guitar music:

ETA: Now I realize though why Paevey isn't the arresting officer. Or anywhere near this story. 

Nathan: I swear, I'm not racist. Let me take off my shirt and fight anyone who says so in the boxing ring!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 15
Which I would be okay with if it was a way to avoid dealing with grief and anger at losing Shawn and losing him because Shawn chose to go to jail instead of choosing his son - but it won't because these writers suuuuuck

It might have worked if TJ hadn't had such an un-nuanced view of Jordan since day one. But Shawn and all of his associates are somehow given a pass. It's pretty misogynistic, among other things.

The Tracy/Sabrina scenes were nice.

They were. I hope we see their friendship develop. Oh, wait, I forgot what show I'm watching.

Dante: Let me prove I'm not racist . . . in bed. :cue sexy guitar music:

You're assuming they'll actually get a bed. I'm thinking it will be a quickie at the PCPD.

• Love 6

I had to cover my eyes through the Dante/Valerie "Am I racist?" "Of course not! *tons of inappropriate touching*" scenes. So embarrassing.

I continue to sit alone at the table liking Dollar Store Dillon.

Fucking Luke drinking and whining about it like die already please.

I liked the Sabrina/Tracy scenes a lot.

I don't remember anything else but I pretty much liked this episode tbh. I don't even know why but I'm not hating the show right now.

• Love 8

Hee! I think I might end up liking him the same way I ended up liking Duke: the jokes.

• Love 4

Michael didn't have Rosalie investigated because he trusts her. LMAO. He trusts her based on what?

I know no one at ABC cares but I wish someone would've stopped Ron from doing this story with TJ. I already know it's going to end up being offensive garbage. The other "stories" on this show are garbage but at least they're mostly outlandish bullshit that doesn't happen in real life. Ron shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a story about social issues.

• Love 10

Fucking Luke drinking and whining about it like die already please.

I liked the Sabrina/Tracy scenes a lot.

I don't remember anything else but I pretty much liked this episode tbh. I don't even know why but I'm not hating the show right now.

I like Dillon too! Plus minus the Jiz and Nik being all crazy like, these last few episodes have been enjoyable.

• Love 2
Laura saying Spencer was brave to return to school cracked me up. First of all, she hasn't seen him in ages. Secondly, his "disfigurement" is as severe as a bad scrape. Thirdly, Spencer is a drama queen who overreacts if he has a hangnail.

I'd like to think that, after she spends some time with him, she'd be as annoyed by Spencer as I am.  Or at least that she'd talk to Nik about his crap parenting skills. Something. 

Hee! I think I might end up liking him the same way I ended up liking Duke: the jokes.

I think that 99.9 percent of what I like about this show lately is exactly that. 

• Love 4
(edited)

So it appears, to me anyway, that Ron is going to use the sweet, romantic vehicle of "racism" to draw Dante and Val together...and he has a job writing this shit, as in he actually gets paid quite a large sum to come up with this and I just...I can't get over it.

I can't with T.J. right now, but I still enjoy Tequan's performance. The kid does his best whatever he is given, unlike some, imo. 

The rest of the episode was just all manner of fuckery to me so I shall refrain from commenting because it'd just be a slew of expletives anyhow.

Seriously, where the hell is Monica (Who?)? 

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

The TJ story may be exploiting current events, but maybe it needs to be brought up.  A lot of shows just gloss over real life events, so I'm hoping they might do right by it.  Or not.  I guess we'll see.

The saddest part today was Tracy saying she had no friends to lean on.  I felt really bad for her.

• Love 3
The saddest part today was Tracy saying she had no friends to lean on.  I felt really bad for her.

There aren't any women her age on the show. That doesn't mean she can't have friends who are younger, but you do tend to bond with people who share your references and experiences, and those tend to be close to your age.

I like that the show seems to be trying to have Sabrina and Tracy be friends. It's unbalanced, but it's a start.

• Love 6

I like that the show seems to be trying to have Sabrina and Tracy be friends. It's unbalanced, but it's a start.

It's encouraging that an effort is being made to establish more connections for Tracy on the canvas -- I'd hate to see her become completely invisible a la Monica once Luke is gone.

• Love 8

I know no one at ABC cares but I wish someone would've stopped Ron from doing this story with TJ. I already know it's going to end up being offensive garbage. The other "stories" on this show are garbage but at least they're mostly outlandish bullshit that doesn't happen in real life. Ron shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a story about social issues.

THIS!!! Ron, is an awful hack. Typically his stories are half assed at best. As a WOC, I was cringing at the train wreck approaching because of his extremely limited writing skills. Afternoon specials were better written.

I e wanted TR to have a story yet I feel like I'm being punished for wanting the show to showcase his talents.

• Love 3
(edited)

My understanding is that TJ was arrested for an incident that occurred off screen, that Dante was the arresting officer, and TJ is claiming that the arrest is race-related?  If my understanding is incorrect, please feel free to set in and correct me or to disregard everything I write below.

But if that is the case?

Then I call "bullshit" on this being any kind of social issue story.  As explained below, it is -- at best -- capitalization of current highly talked about and publicized social issue.  At worst, it is RC inflecting his own bias on the topic. 

If this is just one in a long line of plot-point-based storylines, with the end goal being having a white cop in bed with an African-American partner, then  how dare they have no shame in trivializing and exploiting a very serious issue. 

If GH's goal is to actually explore the issue, then it NEVER should have picked a cop with whom the audience is already familiar and for whom a large part of the audience roots or at least has a favorable opinion of.  That's cheating, because we -- the audience -- already know that TJ didn't get a raw deal.  TJ may truly think he does, but nahhhh, we all are supposed to think -- it's just a misunderstanding.  And that, in turn, is dismissive of the claims of too many black young men and women who have been targeted and even killed by police officers of late. 

Are we then to presume that, hey, we shouldn't "rush to judgment" when we see a videotape of a cop pulling out his gun and shooting multiple times point blank at a suspect who is turning and running away.  I mean, the cop could be a well meaning, "aww shucks" kinda guy like Dante, right?  If that's not the commentary that GH is lending to this discussion, then why have Dante be the cop in question? Why not have another cop -- one we don't know -- involved in the arrest and have Dante investigate it? GH has already presumed the conclusion -- that Dante isn't racist and therefore, it necessarily follows, TJ is either mistaken or "playing a card." 

This current incarnation of GH, with a serial killer and sexual assailant championed as a romantic lead and murderer running around as chief surgeon of GH, shouldn't go anywhere near a social issue of this magnitude.  Stick to turning GH into a comic book, guys. And I am particularly calling out the white boy frat clique of Ron, Dan, Chris, and Scott.  Because, frankly, you do a disservice to the people whose lives are being affected by police profiling, police abuse of power, violence sanctioned by a badge, and worse.

By the way, does the current writing staff even have a person of color?

Edited by Francie
  • Love 17

It's encouraging that an effort is being made to establish more connections for Tracy on the canvas -- I'd hate to see her become completely invisible a la Monica once Luke is gone.

I friggin love the relationships Ron has built for Tracy with Michael, Sabrina, and now Dillon, respectively, the last few months. Ya'll know I worship at the altar of Jane Elliot; she does more acting with just a look than most actors do in their entire careers. I honestly think getting to work opposite Jane a lot has made Chad, and Teresa too to a lesser extent simply because they've worked less, a better actor.

I think Rob Watson has a lot of potential and I hope he continues to work heavily opposite Jane. If she could get me to like Kelly Sullivan, then she can probably get @jsbt to like RW : ) #sorrynotsorry

• Love 3

Yeh, kind of hate Michael and Tracy, because one of the first thing he did when he cut Sonny and Carly out of his life is insult her and he is brilliant business man, and Tracy is presented as a giant business fuck up.  I won't like them until Tracy gets to redeem herself and rescue ELQ and make Michael look as unexperienced as he is. 

However Dillon and Tracy, I hope it was slightly repaired. One thing I hated during the Guza years is that after SC's Dillion was introduced and Tracy departed, they changed from a unorthodox but still loving mother/son relationship to Dillion hating his mother to make GQ look better by comparison (and I liked GQ).

(edited)

5. How is Jake a better PI than Sam?

Don't worry he's just as oblivious as he's been since he woke up.

I'm pretty sure he thinks Sam is the spy so I guess Ava broke his spidey sense when she ran over him?

Edited by Oracle42
Are we then to presume that, hey, we shouldn't "rush to judgment" when we see a videotape of a cop pulling out his gun and shooting multiple times point blank at a suspect who is turning and running away.  I mean, the cop could be a well meaning, "aww shucks" kinda guy like Dante, right?  If that's not the commentary that GH is lending to this discussion, then why have Dante be the cop in question? Why not have another cop -- one we don't know -- involved in the arrest and have Dante investigate it? GH has already presumed the conclusion -- that Dante isn't racist and therefore, it necessarily follows, TJ is either mistaken or "playing a card." 

When I was active duty military I was an MP, and spent several years on law enforcement duty. I had to hurt people several times, once one on one when a drunk driver went for my gun when he realized he was going to get handcuffed.

Many of those people we had to hurt, public, military, military family members, civilian employees, were black. It was never about race when we had to do it, but it was often about race when they went to pre-trial proceedings (the cases almost never went all the way to trial).

That is real life.

This is Ron World, and it looks and sounds cheesy and poorly written. The fact that it is also being used to start a new Dante sexy time interracial romance is crappy. I am waiting for the camera footage that clears Dante, and the only questions are: 1) how much skin in the sexy time scene, and 2) will we get to see the video.

• Love 1

If Patrick/Sam/Jake/Liz have a double date, it will be beyond awkward. I wonder if Jake will have a daydream/memory of fucking Sam right at the table. I'd love to hear the justifications on that one.

Why in the hell is Sam suggesting a double date in the first place? With the history between them, it's just weird. And Liz is going to be all psycho territorial, I can't tell if it will be high comedy or just utter hell.

Laura, I know you've been away, so let me clue you in. Your son SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS as a parent.

I'm going to leave the TJ stuff alone. I was more on his side yesterday, today he kind of pissed me off. TR was good though.

Previews: LOL at Snarly pretending like she gives a crap about Morgan by ordering him to stay away from Denise. And newsflash, wannabe grandma, you missed your window on being able to tell him what to do by like several years.

• Love 1

I think Rosalie's secret will turn out to be that her daddy is the latest mobster to want Sonny's territory. Yawn.

Rosalie will turn out to be trans.  (Speculation, not spoiler, but c'mon, she's the obvious candidate for a story like this).

LMAO @ Sabrina talking about the devastation when Robin ruined her wedding and knowing that she could never compete with Douchebag/Robin.

Meanwhile, Douchebag doesn't give two shits about Robin and hopped on Sam months later and Sab has no commentary on that.

OK.

That's because the writers are committed to protecting Douchebag no matter what.

• Love 1
What was Jordan's reaction to TJs race claim?

It got muddled a bit because TJ claimed Jordan was continuing the racism by not believing him and doing what the mayor wants, i.e., not letting him go immediately. She set him straight on that point and commiserated with him on the "shopping while black" aspect.

• Love 1
It's encouraging that an effort is being made to establish more connections for Tracy on the canvas

Truthfully that fact has the opposite affect on me, heh.

I find it depressing that Sabrina, that little worthless twit, might be one of Tracy's few hopes to remain relevant on this show.  I find it so deplorable even that Tracy, who is the legacy character, would be lucky to have other characters, often new characters crafted by Ron's oh so self important hand, to be paired with or else she might just vanish into thin air.

I think that's what makes me loathe Ron more so than anything else.

Of course Sabrina isn't hurting for any personal connections at this point; she's in with Patrick, now Sam is suddenly buddying up with her as they take on the "evil" Rosalie, she's working for Michael taking care of a baby she nearly murdered and yet she's still painted as some innocent little flower bud, and all because she's one of Ron's "favourite pets", imho, and he refuses to let her drift off to the back-burner.

No, that's where he keeps those like Monica, Felicia, Mac, Bobbie and Scottie and Lucy and Kevin until he feels like using them once every six months.

And now it's Tracy who is darn lucky to get a bit of screen time, and god forbid she spend it with real family and friends that she's known for decades who could and should be by her side anyway to offer her support, but then Ron would have to bring out other veteran characters and he just can't have that.

• Love 4
(edited)

About the one thing I liked about the Jordan/T.J. scenes was that T.J. at least made it clear that he doesn't think the mob is any great shakes.  His anger was all about Shawn, not the mob.

Still think he kinda sucks to be bellyaching over Shawn, but at least it's only Shawn, not the world in which he worked, that he's grieving.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't want to watch Valerie try to soothe away Dante's white guilt. Ugh, this story. It does sound like a seventh grade skit for racial justice day. And to make this a "connection" between Dante and Valerie? Ugh again.

I don't even think Valerie is attractive, she's not really ugly....just not attractive in my opinion. I don't even think she is much of an actress . Im at the dollar store table with at least two of you, I think, so far, Dillion is ok. But I hate when the soaps try to capture and monopolize what is playing out in the news right now. I for one want to escape some of that shit, and at least be entertained by something that takes me away from most of life's real everyday drama.!! At least for an hour.

Edited by godfreydaniels
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm halfway through today's show and I'd cheer if somebody gave TJ a nuclear wedgie followed by a swirlie.  And then repeat.  That little knucklehead going off on his mother because she put away that steroided butthead Shawn - TJ's apparent hero, I guess - and then insulting Dante.  I'm done.  I was never much of a fan of this twerp - his opinion of himself is as delusional as Shawn calling himself a hit man instead of an OOPS!, I Missed Man.

So I guess Jordan is going to have humiliate herself to get back into his good graces the same way Alexis has had to do with Molly.  And Shawn and Sonny are the good guys?  Shut UP and sit down, TJ.

Okay, finished the rest of the episode and TJ isn't any smarter by the end of it.   Jordan explains that Duke tried to have her killed, she does NOT tell him that Shawn threw her to the wolves aka Sonny once before (maybe she doesn't actually know that), and that little shit unbends enough to tell her that he understands that she THINKS she was doing the right thing.

The kid is Shawn's for sure.  He's as dumb as a post and twice as judgemental.  The guys in the Mob are the good mobsters and they don't hurt anyone????

God I hope Jordan has another kid somewhere they can bring in because it seems TJ's brain died at birth.

Edited by boes
  • Love 11
(edited)

I don't think that TJ really understands what mobsters actually do. He doesn't really get that Shawn's job was to kill people. Not that he was really successful at it but that's what his job was. And by the way, sure there are mobsters that are not in jail, but Duke, for example, is dead. Shawn is lucky that he didn't suffer that fate. Does TJ even know that Shawn tried to kill Jake Doe and hit Greenlee instead? He does understand that, right? (I mean, we the viewers know it's not true, but the citizens of Port Charles don't).

I was really hoping that Luke was smack the shit out of nuDillon. I think nuDillon is great with Tracy but SHUT UP already.

Searching my brain for what secret could be so big regarding Rosalie that hasn't already been done on this show - I used to think it was that she did porn but I'm pretty sure people would be like 'totes whatevs, I slept with my mother's husband solely to wreck her marriage because she abandoned me" or "I killed my life long enemy, served a minute and a half in jail and then carried a bomb three feet" or "I killed a five year old boy drunk driving and I'm more or less unapologetic about it and btw it doesn't stop me from mixing a couple screwdrivers at 10 in the morning" or even "I'm a serial killer who faked being crazy to get out of jail" and then there's "I kidnapped a young woman, held her hostage for a year, traded her to another psycho and now I'm Chief of Staff". I could go on all day. Yeah, it's timely that she could be trans (as per someone's spec above) but is that really that shameful even in a small upstate NY town?

Maybe her secret is that she's the author of this show. THAT would get people riled up but good! :)

Edited by DayPlayerAtKellys
  • Love 6

Lola16, on 12 Jun 2015 - 02:10 AM, said:

Also hate that the show is setting up Michael's love life with interchangeable Latinas. Both of whom are now hired help. #smh

They don't look particularly alike at all, let alone interchangeable. That's like saying Sam and Liz look too similiar.

I don't think Sabrina and Rosalie look anything alike - other than female, similar age and hair color (thanks to GH).  What I am saying is that the show is treating them like they are interchangeable because they are Latinas.  It's a POC thing. 

They'd rather he be off-screen than he be dirtied in any way.

There are enough dirtied up loser assholes on this God-forsaken mess of a show. So if the two choices are ruination under Ron or off screen? Hello, long vacation! Stay away, Jason Thompson. Run far and fast. Patrick's been damaged enough as it is thanks to that hack.

• Love 3

How is Jake getting by with no social?  Can't Alexis file for a new one?  Or he can get some temporary one?  Maybe Ric can buy him one.

Do you really think the mob killer for hire actually paid taxes on his ill gotten gains ? Alexis is such a rotten lawyer, she can probably just buy him one, Maybe Sonny can just force someone to give him theirs. ELQ will have to have one,.So

.No.  Jake is trying to be clean and legit. So lacking a social is a hindrance to him.

You'd think Jake would have the phone records and emails checked by IT.  That would out Rosalie right away.  Instead, he's going to cast aspersions at Sam?

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't think Sabrina and Rosalie look anything alike - other than female, similar age and hair color (thanks to GH).  What I am saying is that the show is treating them like they are interchangeable because they are Latinas.  It's a POC thing. 

Why do you think the show is treating them interchangeably?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I had to laugh when Michael told Rosalie that before he hired Jake Doe was deeply vetted by his security people. I am like really. What did they find out? 

That he has amnesia.

That he is currently living with Liz.

That he previously worked (against his will) for Helena Cassadine.

That he previously worked for Julian Jerome.

Maybe that he previously worked for Sloane.

That he is really Jason Morgan?? Actually that one would be pretty funny if ELQ security discovered he was Jason but Michael doesn't read the full report and realize the truth.

• Love 10
(edited)

Actually that one would be pretty funny if ELQ security discovered he was Jason but Michael doesn't read the full report and realize the truth.

LMAO! It's probably on the second page and Michael just looked at the first page and then went, "I trust you," and didn't even read the rest because he's a dumbass.

Lola16, in what ways do you think the show is trying to paint Rosalie and Sabrina as interchangeable? I do think it's a little dicey that they have the only two Latinas in this story, but I don't really see them as interchangeable.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

So what will Rosalie's secret be: that she was born a man; that she used to be a cop and shot a black kid; that she is a white woman pretending to be Latina; that she went to a Katy Perry concert with disgraced Congressman Shcock; or that she has a billion siblings and molested one of them?

• Love 1

I'll be the first to say it, Ric and Jordan should totally have an affair. (Nina gets cheated on (cue a new round of crazy), Molly and TJ's heads would collectively explode, he represents Sonny, who she is trying to put away. The conflicts just write themselves. Therefore, it will never happen) 

Ric has chemistry with most of the women. I'm down. 

You can tell Laura hasn't been in town lately because she said Nik is a good parent.

Has she met Spencer? I feel like she's gonna regret saying that to Nik once she does. 

So it appears, to me anyway, that Ron is going to use the sweet, romantic vehicle of "racism" to draw Dante and Val together...and he has a job writing this shit, as in he actually gets paid quite a large sum to come up with this and I just...I can't get over it.

I bet the breakdown writers drink a lot (and hate themselves) 

• Love 8
(edited)

That he is really Jason Morgan?? Actually that one would be pretty funny if ELQ security discovered he was Jason but Michael doesn't read the full report and realize the truth.

Then Michael would be the latest person to know Jake's identity but keep mum about it. "Well, Jason, you were such a great security person that I didn't want to risk losing you again to the mob so I kept the knowledge that you are my sorta third father to myself." (and yes, a remake of "Three Men and a Baby" sprang to mind starring Sonny, AJ and Jason.. hijinks ensue...)

I actually kind of respect Nina more for sitting on Rosalie's secret rather than cave so quickly when Sam grilled her. Why should Nina do Sam any favors?

So maybe Rosalie is Nathan's father who has time traveled back to present day Port Charles. Makes as much sense as anything else on this show.

Edited by DayPlayerAtKellys
  • Love 3

It would actually be kinda awesome if Michael found out but kept the secret because he would be like, fuck it, I cannot let my parents get their baby-sitter back. But then he would try to encourage Sam and Jason to hook up, to try to make up for it.

• Love 5

I just now had the horrifying thought that when Jake and Sam find out he's Jason, we're going to have to hear that goddamned "BAAABY! It's just you 'n me" song again.

No way. Show's too cheap for that. I remember Lante had that song "when you came aaarouuund" that was so friggin' annoying by the last time it played, and it vanished into the ether when Ron and Frank took over.