Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

YES!

I have never seen a team try so hard to give a game away, but they managed to snatch victory in the end.

The worst part of a Rams loss would have been the Tom Brady tongue bath, like he led the Bucs to a spectacular comeback, when a Bucs win would have been almost exclusively the result of Rams self immolation.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Bastet said:

I loved that game so much.  It's most famous for Tom Coughlin's bright red frozen face, but that underdog victory was a thing of pure beauty.  The G-Men holding Green Bay to less than 30 yards rushing.  Favre intercepted two plays into OT.  Tynes - who'd missed his previous two FG attempts - running onto the field without even waiting for the "go" from Coughlin, nailing it from 47 yards.  It's his favorite kick of his career, with good reason.

I loved that game, too, but it's not the one I was referencing.  That game was in 2008.  Third coldest NFC championship game, third playoff win for the Giants on the way to their third SB win.

Nevertheless, every trip to Lambeau with a win for the G-men is a thing of beauty and a joy forever.

Let the Brady retirement watch begin...

• Love 5

I had no dog in this race other than hoping Brady could surpass Rodgers with wins over NFC teams in playoff games:) They remain tied. Probably won’t tune in until 4th quarter this evening given pattern of games this weekend. 

2 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

These have been exciting nail biters but my most joyous, delicious moment of all was watching the Dallas fans crying in the stands. 😭

🤣

The most hilarious clip was a couple crying and it turned out that he was there with his side piece and his girlfriend called him out on social media. Oh Cowboys fans, never change. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.awesemo.com/sideaction/sad-viral-cowboys-fans-girlfriend-calls-him-out-for-cheating-after-being-spotted-on-tv/amp/

Edited by twoods
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1

My heart rate is back down to normal.   Every home team has lost in the divisional, so I guess that doesn’t bode well for the Chiefs.  And every away team has one on a last second field goal.

but it should never have gotten that close.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, twoods said:

The most hilarious clip was a couple crying and it turned out that he was there with his side piece and his girlfriend called him out on social media. Oh Cowboys fans, never change.

That’s hilarious.  And Stephen A made them one of his top 5 weepy Cowboys list, so he was all over National TV!

• LOL 6
2 minutes ago, Carey said:

No way Brady leaves after this season now

Well, if he won't leave if he wins, and he won't leave if he loses, does that mean there's enough Botox in the tank to keep him upright and functioning forever?

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

I believe this is the first time in 13 years that a team is hosting a title game in its third playoff contest in the same season.

One thing of note is that Brady will not have the pleasure of being the first to host three playoff games in the same season.  That would be made official if Kansas City wins

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, twoods said:

The most hilarious clip was a couple crying and it turned out that he was there with his side piece and his girlfriend called him out on social media. Oh Cowboys fans, never change. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.awesemo.com/sideaction/sad-viral-cowboys-fans-girlfriend-calls-him-out-for-cheating-after-being-spotted-on-tv/amp/

I was distracted by that woman on the left's looonnng, fake ass eyelashes.

Yeah, never change, Cowboy fans.  Never change. 🤣

• LOL 2
6 minutes ago, twoods said:

The most hilarious clip was a couple crying and it turned out that he was there with his side piece and his girlfriend called him out on social media.

She was already his ex-girlfriend, but yeah, she blasted him on social media.  He'd told her he had cut things off with the other woman, and then told her he was taking a guys trip for the weekend.  Then he shows up on TV with that woman, and friends blow up her phone sending it to her, so she posted to social media saying she didn't need to see his lying ass anymore:

3 minutes ago, meowmommy said:
7 minutes ago, Carey said:

No way Brady leaves after this season now

Well, if he won't leave if he wins, and he won't leave if he loses, does that mean there's enough Botox in the tank to keep him upright and functioning forever?

There was a report from Rap Sheet this morning that talked about Tom Brady not being committed to playing in 2022.  The main thing to take from that was TB12 would retire at the "right time".  People close think he would've been done with a Super Bowl win this year.  I imagine it'll occur after his 8th title, which is somewhat likely within the next 3 seasons.  Imagine Arians calls it quits too, if not before

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Bastet said:

Hey, did y'all know Tom Brady is 44 years old?  They never mention it, so I just want to make sure everyone is aware.

2 hours ago, twoods said:

I was going to start drinking every time I heard his age or his bloody lip but I would already be drunk by now and it’s not worth sleeping through the Bills game.

Mr 24K and I started playing that game about mid season or so. We yell just yell "Drink!" instead of taking an actual drink, as we don't want to pass out before halftime. (For collage football, it's True freshman or Tempo.)

Edited by 24k Kate
  • LOL 9
10 hours ago, Magog said:

It won't really be over until he & the scummy Bucs are hopefully gone today. 

Well, you got your wish, but I take exception to them being called "scummy." 

Mr. Chat & I have been on the Buccaneer's bandwagon since they came into the league, so we'll be sticking with them through thick and thin.  With all of the injuries this season, I really didn't have much hope that they could make it back to the Superbowl, but I sure appreciate their effort in trying to do so, and what a great comeback today, even though they fell short.

I will probably be rooting for the 49ers since John Lynch (former Buccaneer) is their general manager.  However, I think that the Bengals might have a former Bama player or 2 on the team (will need to check that), so I wouldn't mind rooting for them.  We'll see how it shakes out.   C'mon Bills!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Wildcard said:

Question: Do the voters do the MVP for the regular season or also think of the playoffs?

They vote after the regular season.  It was likely locked in over a week ago. I feel so many MVP, Coach of the Year and Exec of the Year awards would have changed if they waited until a few playoff games to play out.

2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Serious question: how is he an asshole? He's intense and competitive but that pretty much describes every top athlete. I reserve asshole for people like Aaron Rodgers or Ben Rothelesberger.

Deflate gate?  Endorsing "concussion water?"  Ben's a rapist. I don't put Aaron on that same level but Aaron is a big follower of Tom's "routine."  Fitness.  Nutrition....etc. In other words, Tom's pretty much into the same pseudoscience. Is that alone enough to make him an asshole?  I don't know.

In fact, I was shocked that he reportedly got a vaccination to the point that I raised my eyebrows when so many players on that team got caught with fake vaccination cards.

Speaking of COVID.  Has any of the playoff teams had someone go into the protocol in the past two weeks?  If not, it's very nice of COVID to take a pause for the NFL.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3
Just now, Irlandesa said:

They vote after the regular season.  It was likely locked in over a week ago. I feel so many MVP, Coach of the Year and Exec of the Year awards would have changed if they waited until a few playoff games to play out.

Deflate gate?  Endorsing "concussion water?"  Ben's a rapist. I don't put Aaron on that same level but Aaron is a big follower of Tom's "routine."  Fitness.  Nutrition....etc. In other words, Tom's pretty much into the same pseudoscience. Is that alone enough to make him an asshole?  I don't know.

In fact, I was shocked that he reportedly got a vaccination to the point that I raised my eyebrows when so many players on that team got caught with fake vaccination cards.

Aaron Rodgers faked his own vaccination and then went on radio shows to peddle conspiracy theories. TB12 sells vitamins and protein bars, but he got vaccinated and was open about how his parents almost died from covid. 

Yeah, it's annoying to see him plug his protein shakes on IG but again, I don't think that makes him an asshole. He has a great relationship with his teammates wherever he goes. His wife and three kids are adorable. I think he's a likable superstar.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Speaking of COVID.  Has any of the playoff teams had someone go into the protocol in the past two weeks?  If not, it's very nice of COVID to take a pause for the NFL.

The NFL decided that they will no longer be testing anyone for COVID for the rest of the postseason

10 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Aaron Rodgers faked his own vaccination and then went on radio shows to peddle conspiracy theories. TB12 sells vitamins and protein bars, but he got vaccinated and was open about how his parents almost died from covid. 

Yeah, it's annoying to see him plug his protein shakes on IG but again, I don't think that makes him an asshole. He has a great relationship with his teammates wherever he goes. His wife and three kids are adorable. I think he's a likable superstar.

Every player has fans, but Brady has done enough to make it understandable why so many hate him. Concussion water, his association with Alex Guerrero, taking almost a million in PPP money to support is pseudoscience business, his treatment of Bridget Moynihan, deflategate and all of his actions surrounding that (his phone.) The reasons people dislike him are myriad and valid.

Also, that stupid picture of him with a goat.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:
15 minutes ago, Carey said:

The NFL decided that they will no longer be testing anyone for COVID for the rest of the postseason

Even those with symptoms?

Yep.  However, if someone reports symptoms related to COVID, then they would be placed in the protocols.  I don't think I'll bet on anyone doing that.  Also, I imagine all of the teams have doubled & tripled efforts to not do things or be anywhere that would cause an outbreak.  That excludes Dallas and Amari Cooper but the Cowboys might be golfing this weekend so that's moot

• Useful 2
9 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Well, you got your wish, but I take exception to them being called "scummy." 

Mr. Chat & I have been on the Buccaneer's bandwagon since they came into the league, so we'll be sticking with them through thick and thin.  With all of the injuries this season, I really didn't have much hope that they could make it back to the Superbowl, but I sure appreciate their effort in trying to do so, and what a great comeback today, even though they fell short.

I will probably be rooting for the 49ers since John Lynch (former Buccaneer) is their general manager.  However, I think that the Bengals might have a former Bama player or 2 on the team (will need to check that), so I wouldn't mind rooting for them.  We'll see how it shakes out.   C'mon Bills!!

ChitChat, I'm in the same position as you. I'm a Packers fan (one of my earliest memories is watching/agonizing over the Pack with my dad; I was born during their run in the 60s but I have no memory of that; what I do remember is a lot of lean years in the 70s and 80s) and everyone in this forum is delighting in their loss because they all despise Rodgers.  I get that; I cannot defend his vaccination stance/statements, which I disagree with 100%, but I am and will remain a Packers fan.  

Just as you root for former Alabama players, I root for former Wisconsin Badgers.  That's why I was hoping the Rams would win, because of their offensive linemen Havenstein and Edwards. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

He's really close to his son Jack who attends every game though. Which is more than many dads from blended families can say.

That’s good work by her, fostering the relationship. Being close with your kids is baseline parenting, not extraordinary. And why don’t we say that about women? Men get props for things that are expected of women.

Brady had his fans, and that’s fine, but his haters have good reason, that’s all I’m saying.

I’m a lifelong Steeler fan who has suffered for far too long with Roethlisberger. My love for Tomlin will never waiver.

• Love 10