Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

On 1/16/2022 at 11:27 PM, mojoween said:

This is not breaking news, but watching the presser reinforces that Jimmy Garoppolo may be the best-looking QB in NFL history.

I was at an all-day watch party and was told to SHUT IT OR LEAVE after my 434th comment about how good looking Jimmy G. is. I regret nothing.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
On 1/19/2022 at 4:45 PM, janeyjay said:

I was at an all-day watch party and was told to SHUT IT OR LEAVE after my 434th comment about how good looking Jimmy G. is. I regret nothing.

No truth to the rumor that Jimmy G was traded from NE because TB couldn't stand being the second prettiest QB on the team.  No truth at all.

• LOL 20
23 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

No truth to the rumor that Jimmy G was traded from NE because TB couldn't stand being the second prettiest QB on the team.  No truth at all.

I actually think Brady is better looking.

• Love 1
On 1/19/2022 at 6:06 AM, Magog said:

ESPN - Stephen A Smith Top 5 Favorite Cowboys fans images

It took me a while to get to the rest, because I kept rewinding and re-playing his laugh when the first picture came up.  I'm glad I finally continued on for: "They got Jerry Jones canceling radio appearances, and we know he loves to talk.  That's how bad this is."

• Love 2

Tom Brady, to me, has always been fug as hell.  At one point I actually said that Mark Sanchez was the best-looking QB in the AFC East.

Chris Canty said, out loud, that Josh Allen is the best quarterback remaining in the playoffs and I feel Chris needs to be checked for some sort of head injury.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, mojoween said:

Tom Brady, to me, has always been fug as hell.  At one point I actually said that Mark Sanchez was the best-looking QB in the AFC East.

Chris Canty said, out loud, that Josh Allen is the best quarterback remaining in the playoffs and I feel Chris needs to be checked for some sort of head injury.

Tom Brady has that protruding brow that is just a hard no for me. It makes his eyes squinty.  When someone mentioned 'Brady' being attractive above, I immediately thought, "Hey is Brady Quinn back?"

Mark Sanchez was hot. My all-time NFL hottie is Jason Taylor.

Sometimes I look at these lists of hot NFL players and think, "who put that together?" I mean, Andy Dalton? Tony Romo? Carson Wentz? SERIOUSLY? Nothing wrong with them, but they aren't worthy of a hot list. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

How about if you have Tommy allllllll to yourself, and we’ll split Jimmy.

Andy Dalton is not *unattractive* but he has beady eyes.

Jason Taylor mmmmm yes.

You can have Jimmy if I get David Carr. He's used to lying on his back. It'll be good for us both.

Andy Dalton is one of those spurious gingers who can look blotchy and weird. 

The Giants new GM? Joe Schoen? He's not bad in that, "best looking guy at on the accounting floor" way. 

• LOL 4

Bah.  Hated Joe, hated the Niners.

I love Dan LeBatard.  Absolutely adore him.  What I really need the Giants to do, is to stop being a team Dan finds interesting enough to talk about on his show.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 3

Final lines (prior to the first kickoff) feature Tennessee favored by 4 (up half a point from earlier) and Green Bay favored by 5.5 (up half a point from the opening total but down half a point from mid-week).  I don’t know what the opening over/under total was, but it’ll end with 47.5 for both Saturday games (up a half point from mid-week).  With about over 2 hours away from kickoff, scores are subject to change, but it’s unlikely given the fact that the personnel will be finalized 90 minutes before gametime.

The lines for Sunday’s games have Tampa remaining as 3-point home favorites, while Kansas City’s spread is down a point from earlier.  Over/Under for Bucs/Rams remain the same, but Chiefs/Bills have move to 54.

I think every-game will be tough to pick correctly, including Packers/Niners.  Despite what Colin Cowherd said, I can see San Francisco winning the game outright.  The thing they have going for them is that they’ve had Rodgers number in three of his most important games.  In other words, A-Rod is winless in the postseason against his “home” team.  The good news for Green Bay is that despite San Francisco’s success against the 17-year vet, they didn’t face an MVP version of him.  Furthermore, each of their 3 wins (2012, 2013, & 2019) came in seasons where they beat him in the regular season.  In addition to that, they are playing against a Packers team coming off of a bye. 

If history and trends hold up, the Bengals will be Super Bowl bound with a win against the Titans.  The bad news is that Cincinnati is winless in road playoff games.  The good news, however, is that Tennessee is 0-2 as the Top seed, and like the other season (2000 & 2008) they’ll be facing a classic AFC Central team.  The Titans are 1-2 off of a bye since 1999, I believe, all against AFC North opponents.  It’s a new era for the Bengals.   I’ll take Cincinnati to win outright, but if they had been favored, I would’ve taken Tennessee because at worst, I don’t think the Titans will lose by much.  It’s over for the AFC North (champions) if Derrick Henry doesn’t miss a beat and/or Kevin Byard turns Chase into just a professional wide receiver.  Of course, it would help if Tannehill can do a little more than something, and he can.  I just don’t think it be close to being able to match a confident Burrow and company.

I was considering a SF victory.  I’m going with the Niners and the points, but the Packers is the team I see going to their 3 straight conference final, second at home, and this time, with fans.  Fortunately, trends don’t matter, but performance due to injuries will.

I’ve have to post my Sunday stuff later, but while chalk seems to be the thing this weekend, it’s basically prediction-hedging for yours truly  (for the most part).  In other words, all road teams including Buffalo cover, but only Cincinnati moves on IMO.  That’s a tough one to figure out!

13 seconds before halftime - at the end of the previous play a Bengal is waving the football, hands high in air, waiting for the ref. I got the impression he watched the Cowboy game last week and was determined not to repeat Zak's booboo.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Cincinnati needs to do something about its offensive line. 9 sacks and the game's still going. Might go into overtime.

It seems like neither team can get over the hump.  Titans can’t get a 4th and 1, Bungles can’t protect their QB.

That interception was all on the receiver, tho.

Neither of these teams can beat the Chiefs or Bills, IMO

• Love 1

I’m so discombobulated.  I rooted for both teams simultaneously throughout the entire game.  Happy for Bengals.  Sad for Titans.

You gotta shore up that OL though, Cincy.

Also realized that all four AFC teams are non-objectionable.  That’s rare (for me).

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 3

Uh.  The reporter and Joe Burrow do a socially-distanced interview, sans masks. Producer comes to take away the headset from Joe…and Joe and the reporter bro-hug.  Was that part not supposed to be on camera?

Edited by mojoween

You can move forward and pencil in the Bengals for a football game on 02/13/2022 at SoFi Stadium. Find me a game where Cincinnati walks out a loser in an AFC Title Game.

Based on this game, I hardly think Tennessee would have been a sure bet to beat either Kansas City OR Buffalo at home anyway. Probably the worst game for Cincy in quite a while but no big deal. Tougher foe awaits at Orchard Park or Arrowhead.  It's shades of 2012 in terms of the AFC North Champion (I'll compare later).

Zac Taylor will do his best to address the OLine as much as possible.  However, it's not good news if Cincy gives up 9 sacks against someone employing Josh Allen or Pat Mahomes

• Love 1

Adam Vinateri?   Justin Tucker?

Anyway, YAAAY for the Bengals.   They didn't let NINE sacks get to them.

Unpopular opinion, I LIKE Cris Collingsworth.   I always felt bad that he went to two Super Bowls in his career as a player and lost them both to the Joe Montana led 49ers.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, twoods said:

That kicker saved the Bengals. Who boots two 50 plus field goals including the game winner? Unreal.

Evan McPherson, that's who! Rookie from my alma mater, the University of Florida. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Anyway, YAAAY for the Bengals.   They didn't let NINE sacks get to them.

I imagine that the defense is in the Tennessee locker room right now, absolutely not talking to Ryan Tannehill.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, twoods said:

That kicker saved the Bengals. Who boots two 50 plus field goals including the game winner? Unreal.

I couldn't believe that Cincy was OK with two runs, one of which lost yardage, rather than try to pass to get closer.

But then again, I tuned in late and didn't know that Cincy gave up 9 sacks, so then that makes more sense.

• Love 1

For the most part, I have no problem with Collinsworth.  I understood why people hated him during the Week 18 SNF game, but he actually had some very good points last week.

Similar to the 2012 Baltimore Ravens, the 2021 Cincinnati Bengals clinched the division in the penultimate week, rested people in the "Season Finale", won against a team that had an interim HC, beat a rather weak One Seed with the star returning from being hurt within 12 months, and if the Chiefs win, facing the team on the road they beat at home coming from behind.

Like 9 years ago, the Ravens won on a FG right before a game on FOX featuring the Packers & Niners.  Except both Baltimore and Denver wanted to win the game as much as the FG

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Carey said:

You can move forward and pencil in the Bengals for a football game on 02/13/2022 at SoFi Stadium. Find me a game where Cincinnati walks out a loser in an AFC Title Game.

Well I don’t think there’s any way Cinci beats KC or Buffalo.  They’re not a complete team, while the other two are more so.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, roamyn said:
36 minutes ago, Carey said:

Well I don’t think there’s any way Cinci beats KC or Buffalo.  They’re not a complete team, while the other two are more so.

You never know.  Total tip of the cap to them if they pull it off, unless a win is aided by someone like Allen or Mahomes, a key defensive person or people get hurt at a convenient time.  Even add Hill, Kelce, and Diggs to that.

Regardless of what happens next week, this Bengals team looks much, much better than the 1981 one.  I probably will not rank them ahead of the 1988 right now, but the outlook in the future is brighter.  The not losing thing is somewhat of a joke, but a fact.  I think it's them and the Giants are undefeated in the Conference Championship round.  Unlike New York, Cincy has yet to win 3 playoff games in a postseason, though they won on the road for the first time.

Lamb18roamyn: While there's a week to go before the final picks & draw, if I had to choose now, there's no way I'm betting on Cincy to win.  Maybe ATS, but not outright.  If they plan on giving up nine sacks, next week's game will make that Colts/Pats 2014 Title Game look like a close competitive bout!

Imagine being a Steelers fan and watching the Bengals win a Super Bowl against someone other than Tampa. They get theirs, but then they return in 2022-2023 and lose in a painful way to Tampa to allow Brady to defeat Burrow at least once!

9 minutes ago, roamyn said:

I have no idea who's actually good this year. Every team has had major up and down streaks. Except maybe Green Bay? 

• Love 2

Being the sorry Panthers fan that I am I usually pull for Tennessee when it comes to these playoff games (I’m an hour from the border). I also have a soft spot for Burrow so the game could have gone either way for me. But yea, no chance I can see the Bengals going any farther with an o line reminiscent of the Panthers. 

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Well, I think Tannehill's three picks were a bigger factor.

True, however if they'd had the one point lead they could have just kept running the ball to kill eat the clock.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, janeyjay said:

Evan McPherson, that's who! Rookie from my alma mater, the University of Florida. 

Crazy he’s a rookie. He’s the next Tucker. Good for him!

Edited by twoods
  • Love 3

I don’t want to put the cart before the horse or be a fatalist because I actually did think they’d beat the Titans and am overjoyed they’ve made it this far, but the Bengals are not beating the Bills or the Chiefs.  It would seem that their first order of business when they do lose next weekend is to fix their O-line.  If they do that, they could absolutely win the Super Bowl.

And Joe Burrow — Joey Bear, as he likes me to call him — I love you and will do anything you want.

• LOL 4