Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, twoods said:

Crazy he’s a rookie. He’s the next Tucker. Good for him!

Imagine if this team sorta surpasses all of the positive historic stuff/marks from the Ravens during their very, very, incredible 2008-2012.  Though I never expected someone to be crowned the greatest over Vinatieri (body of work, not accomplishments of course).

13 minutes ago, twoods said:
20 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Tannehill comes through in clutch time ....for the Bengals. 

The last interception wasn’t his fault- it went off the receiver’s hands. 

Meh.  You can take or leave the statement of whether that should've gone against Ryan as in INT, but the Titans should not have been throwing there, period.  Their running was working.  Not that impressive, but that would've been the best call.  Sure they had success against Burrow, but Joe has had success this year, period.  They didn't need much with a turnover.

Yeah, they could have had a Flacco to Jones moment, but put them in position to make that magic happen, while trying to get a first down being safe.  That was Miami Tannehill there

• Love 1

One of these days I wish Pat McAfee would call Aaron Rodgers out on his idiotic bullshit.

I wonder if Aaron is able to be so free with his interviews is because Green Bay has a zillion owners, rather than one who would reign him in, and the general manager is hoping Aaron hangs himself one of these times, thank you very much.

• Love 3

Tannehills last int was tipped because WR was covered the whole way.  Bad decision. 

38 minutes ago, Carey said:

Imagine if this team sorta surpasses all of the positive historic stuff/marks from the Ravens during their very, very, incredible 2008-2012.  Though I never expected someone to be crowned the greatest over Vinatieri (body of work, not accomplishments of course).

Meh.  You can take or leave the statement of whether that should've gone against Ryan as in INT, but the Titans should not have been throwing there, period.  Their running was working.  Not that impressive, but that would've been the best call.  Sure they had success against Burrow, but Joe has had success this year, period.  They didn't need much with a turnover.

Yeah, they could have had a Flacco to Jones moment, but put them in position to make that magic happen, while trying to get a first down being safe.  That was Miami Tannehill there

You can't be running the ball with thirty seconds left trying to get into FG range. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

You can't be running the ball with thirty seconds left trying to get into FG range. 

Fair point, but the play they ended up going with didn't work.  IMO, it was quite dangerous.  While running the ball doesn't get them into FG easily, you at worst play for overtime.  Plus, they hardly did much against a road team that played the week before

• Love 1
1 hour ago, roamyn said:

Well so far SF v GB is boring.

Well, if you're into MMA, that's happening now.  It's on PPV as the free stuff ended an hour ago.

It's the opposite of boring now, with San Francisco and Green bay tied at 10-10 with less than 2:00 and with the Niners in Packers territory

• Love 3

So, earlier I said that the Bengals are going to the Superbowl.  Early statement.  Tampa can very well lose tomorrow, but I think it's a much, much, better bet that that Bucs are Super Bowl bound before Cincy if they get their revenge against the Rams.

Also, unless Buffalo loses, Tampa Bay will be the first team to host Three home games.  Another Brady hallmark!

5 minutes ago, twoods said:

If the Niners pull this off I will gladly eat my words. Craziness.

Would you like some salt and pepper? 🤣

Just kidding, but I love seeing Rodgers getting bounced out so I don't have to look at him or hear about him anymore. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

Last year, I'd have been rooting for the Packers out of loyalty to my friend who's a huge fan and because the 49ers are a division rival to the Rams and Seahawks (yes, I like two teams in one division).  But this year I wanted Aaron Rodgers watching from home enough that I rooted for San Francisco.  But I didn't think it was going to happen.

Robbie Gould must have loved the hell out of getting the winning kick against Green Bay after all those years he spent in Chicago.  Congrats to him!

Now please let the Rams send Tom Brady home tomorrow.

• Love 14

Can't believe green bay managed to blow that. 

TWO blocked kicks!!!!

But after the year of Aaron Rodgers being an ass, serves him right. 

I cant see San Fran winning next week but then I didn't think they could this week.  They'll be underdogs either way. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Bastet said:

Last year, I'd have been rooting for the Packers out of loyalty to my friend who's a huge fan and because the 49ers are a division rival to the Rams and Seahawks (yes, I like two teams in one division).  But this year I wanted Aaron Rodgers watching from home enough that I rooted for San Francisco.  But I didn't think it was going to happen.

Robbie Gould must have loved the hell out of getting the winning kick against Green Bay after all those years he spent in Chicago.  Congrats to him!

Now please let the Rams send Tom Brady home tomorrow.

I really hope Brady loses too.

• Love 8

The Niners have already beaten the Rams twice this season so they aren’t scared of them, though Deebo looked banged up at the end of the game.

I hope that other douchebag QB gets his ass kicked tomorrow. Go Rams!

• Love 6

The only problem with a Rams/Niners game being beneficial to SF is the fact that the trend was moot in favor of New Orleans last year against Tampa.

Speaking of which, the NFL has altered the schedule a ton (more playoffs, more teams, more weeks, more games) to "enhance the experience" (and to get more money).  While TB12 did what he needed to do to continue winning (titles), there's a chance that the lack of interest is due to Tom (and Kansas City to a lesser extent) being featured in the Super Bowl almost every year, if not every other year.  There's just no variety.  Not hating the guy (I actually don't; he's playing in my other home base), but it's sorta boring.  I still watch, but no booing or cheering off of the same old, same old

• Love 1

I loved GB for years as they played great football. That's all I ask of teams. Play with joy and great football. GB hasn't been like that for a few years. I root almost out of habit. If they had won tonight, they wouldn't have deserved it. 

Now, this makes me root for Buffalo and the Bengals a bit more...All I want is the Rams to knock the Bucs out and I would be happy with any of the remaining teams in the SB...

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I get that this is way way too early and depends on Matthew Stafford, but don’t the Rams play in SoFi?  So a team could play the Super Bowl in their home stadium two years in a row?

You are correct.  This time, full of fans!  This time, it would be the first time someone had a chance to play each of their final two games in their home stadium.  Four years ago Minnesota had a chance (to play up to three of their final games in their home stadium), but Atlanta fell short by a yard or two against Philadelphia

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mojoween said:

One of these days I wish Pat McAfee would call Aaron Rodgers out on his idiotic bullshit.

I wonder if Aaron is able to be so free with his interviews is because Green Bay has a zillion owners, rather than one who would reign him in, and the general manager is hoping Aaron hangs himself one of these times, thank you very much.

McAfee's show is letting people say whatever they want.  It can be both entertaining and infuriating. 

I don't think anyone can "rein" Rodgers in.  Not when he's selling what so many teams covet.

1 hour ago, stealinghome said:

Green Bay’s special teams are not very special tonight, jeez.

They've been terrible all season long.  All they needed to be is competent and I guess that's not what they were.

I'm a Green Bay fan and I had a feeling they'd lose this game earlier this week because it has been a bad week.  And that's just the way things tend to go.

But I'm also a GB fan who is pretty fed up with narrative around Rodgers.

• He "carries" the team because their defense sucks. 
  • It's McCarthy's fault GB didn't win another Super bowl.

The truth is, Rodgers tears it up in the regular season and then he becomes a somewhat average QB in the playoffs. 

• Love 6

I will always savor the memory of the 15-1 Packers resting AR12 in the last game of the season in 2011, having the first round bye, being crowned by the media as SB winners without playing a snap, and then stinking up the joint as my 4th seeded Giants kicked their asses on the way to the great rematch with TB12.  Ten years and one week ago.

Deja vu all over again...

• Love 15

2022: So the Packers will be around 45 million over the salary cap AND Devante Adams among several starters  will be free agent.  Even if Rodgers renegotiates his contract it’s hard to believe they will field a better team than the last couple of years.  Rodgers is on the record stating he’s not playing  for a rebuilding team, so that might have been his last Packer game.  

I’m sure he’s pouring Goat’s  blood on the altar of the NFL Gods that Brady loses because if Brady wins another SB in the NFC… 

Bus/Rams game: I dunno, all the talk from the pundits seems to center on how Brady and the Bucs offense is depleted with injuries…

But apparently the Bucs  Defense has all its starters back for the first time since game 1 , so in this high stakes playoff game are we really going to bet on Matthew Stafford?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, caracas1914 said:

us/Rams game: I dunno, all the talk from the pundits seems to center on how Brady and the Bucs offense is depleted with injuries…

But apparently the Bucs  Defense has all its starters back for the first time since game 1 , so in this high stakes playoff game are we really going to bet on Matthew Stafford?

I would bet on him over Garrapolo and look how that turned out.

Besides, LA has more offensive weapons than TB.  TB is down to what one WR and Gronk?  I also think McVay is more creative than Arians.

And TB has made alot of bad throws this season.

I would like to see Rodgers retire.  I’m tired of him.  And take TB a long w/you.  That means we would get rid of all the older QBs in the league.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, QueerGirrl said:

Our national nightmare is over.

That other one (Tom Brady) is playing today. It won't really be over until he & the scummy Bucs are hopefully gone today. 

It makes me sick to my stomach that I'm forced to get remotely excited & root for those sorry revolting Rams today. Its basically pick your poison for me today.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, caracas1914 said:

ut apparently the Bucs  Defense has all its starters back for the first time since game 1 ,

So a whole D that has not played together all season and gelled is suddenly going to play in the playffs?   They are going to cram those starters onto the field and expect everyone to work around them.    You think "starter" and try to force things instead of going with what worked all season.

Not saying the rams are a lock.   but they have a chance.  But then again, I am still enjoying Mr. "I'm Being Cancelled, He Complained All over Media" losing in the first round.   Bwahahahahaahahahahaha.

Oh I forgot the BEST PART:   The #1 Seed in the NFC only had TEN players on the field for the 49ers final field goal attempt.   

Okay maybe not the best part.   The BEST part was knowing Rodgers LOST.  

Edited by merylinkid
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I now sorta hope Brady gets the League MVP.  I know several of you dislike him, but I've been thinking about the NFL MVP being O-fer in terms of Super Bowl victories, a streak that started in Brady's NFL debut.  It appeared headed that way when there was talk of TB12 getting it over Rodgers who looked like this year was his to lose.  Now, I kind of wouldn't have an issue with Tom winning this year.  It'll further crown the guy, but if there was ever an opportunity to give the award to him, this is that year.  He'd be the first since 2000 to win a glorified player of the year award in both conferences, as a multi champ, winning a title as a starting QB in both conferences.  Finally, as the league's most valuable player, Tom has 4 playoff wins to Aaron's 2 wins

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Carey said:

Well, it looks like Bosa and the Niners "OWN A-Rod.  They fuckin' own Aaron, and they've always owned Rogers!"

We own you so thoroughly we don't even need our offense to score a TD to beat you!

And it's amazing - the Packers have had Favre/Rodgers as their starting QB for 30(!) seasons and have only managed two SB wins and a whole lot of disappointing playoff exits.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

the Packers have had Favre/Rodgers as their starting QB for 30(!) seasons and have only managed two SB wins and a whole lot of disappointing playoff exits.

Its almost as if having two egotistical assholes who put themselves first is not a guarantee of success.

Hate on Tom Brady all you want, but he does go in with a team attitude and tries to make everyone better.    Favre and Rodgers are the first to throw everyone else under the bus if things don't go well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15