Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

I’m going with Tampa Bay for the win.  Outright!  I was planning to have Los Angeles cover, but if they were to do just enough to cover, they’d probably do enough to win, period.  There is reason to believe that the Rams can win, but the stakes are so much higher.  They’ve had success against TB12, and sure I goofed and flipped to Green Bay to avoid the trend.  I did something similar last year with New Orleans.  The Bucs are getting people back, they’re at home, and the Rams are going West to East playing a NOON Pacific game on short week.  Finally, I think I have to go back to 01/20/2013 in terms of the last time I bet against Tom Brady & was correct.

It should be a great game at Arrowhead, and I can see either team blowing out the other.  Either team can win a close game, too, but I’ll go with Kansas City for the win.  What made me decide is emotion.  Buffalo might be all emotional after their epic game against their “antagonist” in New England.  First home game with a boatload of fans at Orchard Park (in a very long time), they took it to the Pats.  The Chiefs dominated the Steelers as well, but it was just business as usual.  Not a ton of people picked the Bills to win, and just about everyone thought Pittsburgh would lose a week after they thought the season was over for the Black N Gold.  No emotions for the Chiefs.  Just another home playoff victoryWell, it looks like Bosa and the Niners "OWN A-Rod.  They fuckin' own Aaron, and they've always owned Rogers!"

• Love 1

Rodgers looked like Favre in his last game as a Packer - unable to perform in the January cold.  What's the use of getting home field advantage?  I hope the Packers trade him although what they can get for him took a serious hit with that godawful performance last night.  The Packers have a good nucleus, but some serious holes.  They need a #1 receiver (I'm also assuming that Adams is gone), they need a tight end (who knows when/if Tonyan can return), they need a kicker (i'm also assuming Mason Crosby is done), and they need some depth behind Love at QB.  And they really need a new special teams coach.  I'm not sure how Maurice Drayton got out of Lambeau last night without being fired, but I assume it is coming this week. 

I'm watching the Rams/Bucs now and had to laugh at Suh getting the taunting penalty and claiming that Stafford kicked him.  If anyone would know about dirty play, it's Suh.  

• Love 4
15 hours ago, meowmommy said:

I will always savor the memory of the 15-1 Packers resting AR12 in the last game of the season in 2011, having the first round bye, being crowned by the media as SB winners without playing a snap, and then stinking up the joint as my 4th seeded Giants kicked their asses on the way to the great rematch with TB12.

I loved that game so much.  It's most famous for Tom Coughlin's bright red frozen face, but that underdog victory was a thing of pure beauty.  The G-Men holding Green Bay to less than 30 yards rushing.  Favre intercepted two plays into OT.  Tynes - who'd missed his previous two FG attempts - running onto the field without even waiting for the "go" from Coughlin, nailing it from 47 yards.  It's his favorite kick of his career, with good reason.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, twoods said:

Princess Brady finally got a flag for being a petulant bitch.

Probably because he chose to brag on his podcast this week (after denying he gets more roughing the passer calls than most QBs): “I do know that they probably let me get away with a lot of unsportsmanlike conducts, you know, talking smack to the other team, talking smack to the refs when I don’t think I get the right call."

• Love 3

Internal monologue - it’s only halftime we all lived during 28-3 Brady is capable of bringing them back especially if the refs start feeling sorry for him WOOHOO THEY ARE GETTING THEIR ASSES HANDED TO THEM KEEP IT UP LA EVEN THOUGH I STILL HATE YOU AHAHAHAHAHAHA

• LOL 1
29 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Probably because he chose to brag on his podcast this week (after denying he gets more roughing the passer calls than most QBs): “I do know that they probably let me get away with a lot of unsportsmanlike conducts, you know, talking smack to the other team, talking smack to the refs when I don’t think I get the right call."

Ugh, he is just such an asshole. I was thrilled when they called that unsportsmanlike penalty on him as he was screaming and spitting blood at the ref. 

• Love 10
55 minutes ago, twoods said:

Princess Brady finally got a flag for being a petulant bitch. Now we are going to see his stupid bloody lip all game.

I had to laugh at Michaels/Collinsworth saying that is Brady's first penalty EVER for unsportsmanlike conduct.  Are other QBs getting regularly flagged for it so that it's another amazing stat from the great Tom Brady?  

• LOL 9
13 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Ugh, he is just such an asshole. I was thrilled when they called that unsportsmanlike penalty on him as he was screaming and spitting blood at the ref. 

Serious question: how is he an asshole? He's intense and competitive but that pretty much describes every top athlete. I reserve asshole for people like Aaron Rodgers or Ben Rothelesberger.

• Love 3

Unpopular opinion: I am very displeased at the way this game is going. As a franchise-long (suffering) Bucs fan (since 1976, baby), I'm ride-or-die for my team. And in the words of the late John McKay, I too have often been for the execution of the Bucs offense. So while TB12 is a member of the team, I cheer for him. Same with Gronk. And yes, I did the same thing most recently when we suffered through The Jameis Winston Experience. If Brady were not playing for my team, I'd probably feel ire towards him and revel in his misfortune as well. 

At least Aaron Rodgers lost. So there's that to make me feel better. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Goddammit, Rams.

It’s happening it’s happening and I don’t like it.

Strange to say a team up 14 in the fourth absolutely needed to score…but they really really did.

Edited by mojoween

TBH, I have no problem with Tampa repeating. Just as long as it's not against Kansas City. Not a Chiefs fan (though I like Mahomes, Reid, Kelce), but we just saw this matchup last year.  Just unfortunate that the only team that would not be phased by Brady heroics is the only team least likely to face the Bucs this season

• Love 1

I think Sean lets them score here (with a hope Tampa doesn't get a successful 2 pointer).  Go all in, time it well, and get to the Field Goal.  If it goes to overtime & you lose the toss; onside kick.  I'm not kidding

Just now, Fukui San said:

Don't know how this'll end, but I love how triggering it is for the Brady haters.

I'm not even really rooting for him this game. But LOL.

I am practically spitting in fury, if that helps.

No offense, Bucs fans.  For what it’s worth, I rooted for the Bucs in their first Super Bowl.  And if Brady weren’t your quarterback, I wouldn’t hate Tampa at all. But fuck him fuck Gisele and fuck that goddamn luxury box.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7