Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: Sex, Lies & Leeches

• Start Topic

Backdoor Tamra didn't completely skip talk of anal; she mentioned the anal beads.  They really do act like teenagers when it comes to sex.  

I think what happens with these women is that they are attractive when they are younger and they are able to get away with the dirty talk because, wow, she's HOT!  And the men flock to them. But while they mature in age, they still think they are 30 something and men will flock with the sexy talk.  When the reality is, the sex talk gets annoying to even men when they are of a certain age and their sex appeal lessens.  Then they become desperate and ramp up the sexy talk to bring people in.  

And I'm 48 so this isn't an ageism comment.  

• Love 3
She doesn't strike me as the type of person who does anything out of the goodness of her heart or out of a sense of what's appropriate.

I got the impression that she was raised well in a nice family.  Also, she was in a sorority; unless things have changed, that type of etiquette is practiced and encouraged.  I'm not on the Hate Meghan Train...not even in the Dislike Ticket Line so I rarely see things the same way as most posters here.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 6

My theory is Shannon has got David by the balls & if she wants to twist them in front of us in every ep, that's what she's gonna do & he seems willing to go along with it.  Why?  Cuz of the kids?  Partly.  If this marriage does end, David is the one who has a shit-ton to lose.  Shannon could very well end up with at least half of everything he has -- and that includes his extremely lucrative business & its future earnings.  When I see David & Shannon together, he looks (to me) like he absolutely can't stand her.  Guess it says something that he's not flirting with other women on cam or right in front of her.  But maybe she threatened him not to.  Wonder if he's actually really terrified of her right now & what she's capable of doing to him.

You nailed it .

I'm not trying to excuse his cheating, but I think he is miserable in that marriage.  I think he loves Shannon but whatever magic they once had will never come back for him.  He's in it for the kids.  Just quitting the marriage and getting a divorce seems like a super easy thing but the reality is it isn't.  And maybe the fear of the kids being with her more than him is frightening.  And come on, she is so neurotic that I'd be afraid of it.

I think Shannon is a good person but she gets in her own way.  I mean on camera, she comes off as a kook.  And I love her.  If that's her good foot forward to America, I bet she's even worse off camera.  

I hope the two of them find happiness. But I don't think it's happiness together.

• Love 2
The only reason she finds Meghan's shade so shocking is she doesn't like her and wants to prove to the world that Meghan is evil, once more demonstrating that life is just one long series of people being mean to Shannon.

...and she doesn't like Meghan because Vicki doesn't like her.  Shannon's one of those follower-mean girls.  She'll just bash whomever her current leader decides is the underdog.  If Vicki (Andy) decides to exclude Shannon, things will probably change with Meghan.  There's always a puppetmaster--this is television.

• Love 2

Does anyone know how much work Vicki has done on her face?

This photo is from a few seasons ago but I couldn't believe how bad her skin was.  Either she's had her face sanded down or she's wearing Home Depot's "spackle foundation" now.

bad%20vicki%20photo_zps6i3zmopz.jpg

Bwah ha ha! That expression her face cracks me up! I recall a long time ago this coming up and there was speculation about side effects of a weight loss drug she was shilling.
  • Love 1

What was revealing was not that Jim said he would get Leann's medical records, because obviously he can't do that and wouldn't. But just how he mentioned "medical records" and Vicki went mad defending why she would never have anything to do with medical records. Even though she claims to have a binder full of Brook's medical records, organized, with tabs. She can't pull out the binder in one of her talking heads and say, "See Meghan, records right here!" She doesn't even have to open it or show anything except that there are tabs and something inside.

And yes, Shannon had doubted Brooks all season, and made references to inconsistencies in the story. I don't think Shannon thinks Brooks has cancer either, but she hates Meghan more, and so she is putting her doubt all on Meghan. Like when Brooks was drinking alcohol at their dinner, Shannon's face was aghast. But instead she started crying about Meghan. I think she was trying to tell Vicki, "People are saying stuff about Brooks, so maybe he should be trying harder to appear sick, like, by not drinking straight vodka."

And then on the boat, Vicki didn't bat an eye when Brooks drank his strong vodka. But for some reason she was making a deal about the type of bread he was eating earlier. In any case, none of it adds up

I'm so glad you brought up the scene about the medical records.   I was thinking about that in bed last night and forgot to post about it today.  Considering the fact that he obviously didn't want to be dragged into that situation, Jim handled himself well with Vicki. He's not stupid.   He was calm and everything he said made sense..........except for the part about the medical records.   Based on what we've seen of Jim, he's capable of telling anyone to shut up and back off.  In reality had someone questioned LeAnn's cancer, I honestly believe he would have told them to mind their own business.  He just doesn't seem the type who would feel it necessary to prove his ex-wife had cancer to anyone.  That's why I think the scene was staged by production.  They're going somewhere with this;  I just don't know how far they'll go and if Vicki will play along.

ETA:  In the promo for next week's episode, when Vicki was discussing Brooks with Brianna, we saw Vicki say that she wanted the cameras shut off because she didn't want to have that conversation while being filmed.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
...and she doesn't like Meghan because Vicki doesn't like her.  Shannon's one of those follower-mean girls.  She'll just bash whomever her current leader decides is the underdog.  If Vicki (Andy) decides to exclude Shannon, things will probably change with Meghan.  There's always a puppetmaster--this is television.

I think Meghan came for Shannon right out of the gate. 

• Love 13

Here is what I don't get. If Brooks and Vicki were lying about The Cancer, wouldn't it make more sense to pretend that he was doing chemo? Doesn't it draw more attention to themselves to go with alternative treatments? I am really not seeing how Brooks trying something new is evidence that he is somehow lying, which is essentially what Meghan seems to be suggesting.

• Love 4

Now, if Jimmy had heard Vicks' line about divorcing Meghan within 5 years, would he have stayed so calm?

I don't know why he wouldn't have heard it because it looked to me like the back of his head was still in the frame when Vickie was saying it and as loud as Vickie talks he probably would have been able to hear it even if he was across the room.  I think he heard it but chose wisely to ignore it.  I could even picture him saying to himself, "5 years?  3 would be more like it."  Lol!

• Love 10

...and she doesn't like Meghan because Vicki doesn't like her.  Shannon's one of those follower-mean girls.  She'll just bash whomever her current leader decides is the underdog.  If Vicki (Andy) decides to exclude Shannon, things will probably change with Meghan.  There's always a puppetmaster--this is television.

Meghan targeted Shannon from the get-go and was passive-aggressively, and at times, directly, poking and attacking her with regularity until Vicki came at her.  Shannon doesn't strike me as a follower or a mean girl at all.  In fact, I don't think she has a vicious, deceitful bone in her body - she just gets in her own way because she's hypersensitive.  I think she's actually been easy on Meghan during these Vicki attacks, considering the way Meghan treated her.

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 20

If "Terry obviously knows" that Brooks is definitively telling the truth, why wouldn't Heather be working to bolster Vicki's accounts rather than subtly undermining them? Why wouldn't Vicki cite the knowledge that Heather and Terry would ostensibly possess in that hypothetical when defending herself? And, on a different thread of discourse, although I would strive to refrain from launching a truther movement against anyone I suspected of lying about such circumstances, I have to ask - provided Brooks and Vicki are indeed lying, why would a deception of that magnitude warrant just a "kindly made point"? So many elements in this situation recall the sordid and jaw-droppingly horrible aspects of the Armstrong saga on Beverly Hills, from a self-proclaimed victim disseminating details that she nominally desires to remain private among her co-workers during filming to the reluctance of those castmates to tackle the inconsistencies in her narrative because to do so would entail navigating a minefield of political correctness. And, like Taylor screaming "this is none of your business!" after literally accusing Camille of imperiling Kennedy and positioning Russell's alleged abuse as the centerpiece of her storyline, we now have the same banshee-decibel indignation from the good old Vickster when the narrative she herself advanced is interrogated because of the contradictions therein.

If "Terry obviously knows" that Brooks is definitively telling the truth, why wouldn't Heather be working to bolster Vicki's accounts rather than subtly undermining them? Why wouldn't Vicki cite the knowledge that Heather and Terry would ostensibly possess in that hypothetical when defending herself? And, on a different thread of discourse, although I would strive to refrain from launching a truther movement against anyone I suspected of lying about such circumstances, I have to ask - provided Brooks and Vicki are indeed lying, why would a deception of that magnitude warrant just a "kindly made point"? So many elements in this situation recall the sordid and jaw-droppingly horrible aspects of the Armstrong saga on Beverly Hills, from a self-proclaimed victim disseminating details that she nominally desires to remain private among her co-workers during filming to the reluctance of those castmates to tackle the inconsistencies in her narrative because to do so would entail navigating a minefield of political correctness. And, like Taylor screaming "this is none of your business!" after literally accusing Camille of imperiling Kennedy and positioning Russell's alleged abuse as the centerpiece of her storyline, we now have the same banshee-decibel indignation from the good old Vickster when the narrative she herself advanced is interrogated because of the contradictions therein.

• Love 4

Tamra started the whole bitchfest with asking the psychic does Brooks have cancer?  The psychic said he couldn't see it, which could mean no he doesn't, maybe that he's cured or he's faking it.  Or, maybe the psychic just wasn't getting a good "read" on it.  He couldn't "see" it.  Meghan then picks up on it like ooooh, he's so faking it.  

Meghan was hanging on every word, every gesture, everything for some dark,hidden meaning.  Oh well you have to do abcd for treatment,  No dumbass, not everyone is treated the same, and get this - you as an adult, can make decisions for your own care.  They do not need to follow what you think is best.  He is an acquaintance at best. If you cared so much about it, why not speak to Brooks directly? I wouldn't even presume to lecture to a co-worker or neighbor I've known for years on how or what they should do for treatment.  And, because he's not doing it exactly like the one person you've been around who has cancer or says or does something that seems odd to you, that does not mean he's faking it.  What's in it for him to fake it?  .  Plus, if he is or was faking it, I'm sure it'd be found out somehow since nothing is really private anymore if you're in the public eye.  

Vicki is OTT but she's always been that way. I think her mother passing away really rocked her foundation.  Her mom was the one person she could probably vent to, who was always there for her regardless of what had gone on in her life.  She's gone. Some people cannot just move on - regardless if the person were 52 or 102.  Now, she's probably worried that Brooks is seriously ill, something could happen to him, too.  (Even if he is faking it, Vicki believes he is sick). I think she scared of another loss.

Plus, Meghan went for Shannon right away, so she didn't exactly start off on a good foot with Vicki.  Meghan wouldn't let it go.  Damn.  If someone says I don't want to talk about it with you any more, that's it.  The end.  Meghan said in a little voice - but why?  Like a 4 year old would (at the luncheon at Chez Pretentious).

Meghan wants justice?  Justice for what?  It's not like Brooks is taking in donations from the public - if he's scamming anyone it's Vicki.  Justice I guess that she was "right"?  Good lord, what a child.  And it has nothing to do with actual age, just her mental immaturity.

Jim is so over her. How or why did he marry her?  I've not seen two more incompatible people - oh wait - there's Shannon & David and Tamra & Eddie.

Guessing leeches are the latest "in" thing for the very fabulous?  

• Love 12

he did say in the car 'hopefully' when meg repeated what vicki said something about jim having to spend the rest of his life with meg

I noticed that too.

Maybe Jim isn't that bad after all. He's not a warm and fuzzy guy for sure and probably used to being "a star" in St. Louis but he's in the OC now.

• Love 2

Would someone who is following Tamra on social media please tell her to stop using the moniker  "Jesus Jugs" for Alexis, when anyone from TWoP knows it's "Jugs for Jesus", dammit.  When Alexis was asked about her boob enlargement vis-a-vis her devotion to her megachurch yadda yadda and her pure lifestyle, she replied, and I paraphrase, "God is pleased when we look our best" or some such crap.  So, get it right, Trucker With Tits!

edited to add: KUDOOOZ to the original poster of Jugs for Jesus!

Edited by Happycatisfine
  • Love 6

I just don't care if Brooks faked his cancer.  I just don't.

I do think it interesting that Vicks is 'changing' her story, as Luanne so likes to do, regarding her being with him for treatment and chemo appointments.  It's also interesting that after expressing her heart felt love for Brooks that they broke up.  Interesting - that's about it.  And only because I think Vicks needs to be taken down a notch.  Maybe that's why I like it when Meg goes up against her and even more when Jim interacted with her.  She couldn't get over on him.  Just like her son.

BTW, I don't think he heard Vicks comment to Jim when he walked away.  I think that was Bravo editing.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 7

Watching the Beadors has been uncomfortable for me all season but, after last night's episode, I have to say that, in my own subjective opinion, Shannon is doing nothing less than abusing her kids by participating in the show and David is enabling it by assenting to filming the deterioration of their marriage. "Won't someone think of the children?" I understand Shannon's appeal - I was a fan of her myself last season. But in retrospect I feel like the goodwill and reputation for straight shooting that she accrued derived from the general heinousness and comparable dishonesty of Heather and Tamra throughout the season. And I think that Shannon's plaudits are the worst thing that could have happened to her because they bolstered a largely baseless perception of herself as transparent. She's been advertising her "realness" and authenticity since before her debute episode but she lied about the state of her marriage at the reunion, tried to keep information she was sharing with her co-workers off camera, and demonstrated a propensity to exaggerate almost as badly as Heather. And it was probably the best idea she had since joining the cast to try to keep the "moving out" e-mail quiet because I cannot imagine how her girls must feel not only watching the footage of their mother sharing the details of their father's sexual imbroglios for all the world to see but also knowing that their classmates and friends' parents have this available anytime they desire to watch. Some of the criticism of David reminds me of that of Apollo in that the prevailing sentiment is that cheaters/betrayers of vows reap what they sow. But, when kids are involved, it's not about what such men deserve but whether or not it's in the best interest of those kids to have their father evaporate with little explanation and/or see their mother beating her breasts every week on national tv. And perhaps it's not fair that such circumstances often preclude an eye-for-an eye ethos but sometimes thems the breaks when one has to prioritize one's children over one's compulsions. So it's really disturbing to watch a wealthy, healthy, white woman with three healthy beautiful daughters so aggressively perpetrate a mind-fuck on them every Monday by lamenting how she is entitled to kudos for not leaving their father (because "anyone else would have walked!").

• Love 9

Finally saw the scene where Jimmy tells Meghan to zip it. Why doesn't Meghan look or act the least bit embarrassed? I'd want to hide under the nearest bar stool after that confrontation. She does march over to Lizzie and tell her Jimmy's being a dick.

Jim definitely says "files", not "vitals".

I wonder where MKE went to high school. I'm guessing a private Catholic school in St. Louis. I'm pretty sure I can guess which one.

• Love 2

The short answer is the producers like to create the did she or didn't she. Last year there was a preview of Shannon saying, "I will show you the truth, roll the tape."  We never saw that version again and we never saw the tape of Tamra saying Terry said, "take the Beadors down."  Or whatever the tape was suppose to show.   There is a reason Aviva doctor's note was ignored and mimicked.  The producers want to make the viewers decided who is right and who is wrong.  Meghan claims there are clues to support her claim (which she and her husband denied making) that Brooks does not have cancer, throughout the season.  I attribute most of this to the fact Meghan only hears what she wants to hear and assumes her interpretation is the only possible answer to any conflict.

• Love 1

Vicki's hysteria is annoying and frustrating.  Her fellow castmates wondered about supposed inconsistencies in the descriptions of Brooks' medical treatment, so why not just field their questions when they were all together, like at the luncheon, and try to understand what she or Brooks may have said that's caused confusion? After the conversation, she could have simply said that their input and advice is appreciated but Brooks is making his decisions and she needs to support him.  Hopefully her answers would have clarified things and helped everyone to better understand the situation, and then they could move on from the subject.  But she chose instead to scream all during the lunch, and then the next night she called Meghan names and taunted her about her marriage, even giddily relaying on-camera that Jim recently told Brooks how unhappy he is in his marriage.  

Vicki is always so defensive and mean-spirited.  When most people are dealing with something serious, they tend to have perspective and take little things (such as misunderstandings or argumentative people) in stride.  Petty revenge is the last thing on their mind.  But, not Vicki.  She has no depth.  No one asks her questions about anything without paying a dear price... which, among other things, will usually include temporary eardrum damage.

Edited by Miss February
  • Love 12

I don't know why he wouldn't have heard it because it looked to me like the back of his head was still in the frame when Vickie was saying it and as loud as Vickie talks he probably would have been able to hear it even if he was across the room.  I think he heard it but chose wisely to ignore it.  I could even picture him saying to himself, "5 years?  3 would be more like it."  Lol!

Idk, I don't think he heard it.  Meghan was walking away from Vicks with him & if he had heard Vicks, so would Meghan & I'm sure Meghan would have said something in response.  But asshole Jimmy said in the limo to Meghan he was offended by nothing Vicks said because he just "didn't care".  OK then, asshole Jimmy.  I wanna hear what Vicks could say to him that he would care about.  Me wants to see asshole Jimmy really explode.  Oh c'mon, now that would be fun to watch!  Despite his calmness in this ep, I bet it doesn't take much for him to blow his top.  He looks like one very angry short man to me.

• Love 1

So impressed with Michael in this episode!

He and Brianna, formerly the winner and the levelheaded one, have switched roles. He looked so healthy and happy - he was practically glowing. He has his life together, while Brianna is already saddled with a rageaholic husband and two kids.

Also? Michael literally could not be more different than Tamra's son Ryan.

• Love 8

Forgot to add:  Tamra knows David cheated, yet feels obligated to tell Shannon how hot he is.  It felt like she was trying to trigger Shannon's insecurities.

I remember Tamra did this at the reunion too.  "He's a flirt, Shannon.  Come on!  David's a huge flirt" and she said it about 5 times.  Poor Shannon looked mortified/devastated/embarrassed/every unpleasant feeling in the world.  And I remember David just smirked like, yeah, I'm hot shit.  That was especially horrible, knowing what we do now about the details of his affair.   

Eddie's face in the sex video is what nightmares are made of.   However Shannon's reaction face to the video in her TH made it all better.  

• Love 17

Even though the wording was horrible and didn't make sense, at least she took the time to send a handwritten note.

I think Meghan is used to seeing "In lieu of flowers please send donations....." and decided that the phrase "In lieu of" must be something pertaining to funerals and condolences, etc.  She's so dumb she decided to include it in her thank you note to make it sound all classy but uses it all wrong.  She's just stupid that way...polite when it comes to sending thank you notes...but still stupid.

• Love 3

I've been thinking about the justice comment because I have no life, and I think I've come up with something. Meghan doesn't like justice, but she loves power. The way she disinvited Shannon from the charity "for her own good" and to "show her actions have consequences", and that she wasn't sorry because Shannon "did it to herself".

The way she stared obliviously at Lizzie when Lizzie pointed out that Vickie was upset and Meghan had no empathy. Granted, Vicks was having histrionics, but Meghan couldn't grasp that if she is wrong she could really be hurting someone. The way she wants her step kids to be biological children so she can wield more authority. The way she was mad because Vicki "wasn't listening to her". The way she stormed away from Jim and told everyone he was a dick because he didn't read Vicki the riot act. The way she wants to control Brooks' treatment if he is sick.

And just a lot of body language. The tense chin, pursed lips, narrowed eyes, constant imperious expression....talk about judgey eyes. I mean, what if she DID prove Brooks is lying? I think she'd love being the leader of that shame campaign under the pretense of justice. Everyone else talks about taking down others...but Meghan is the only one that would actually destroy a person, IMO. I think she'd think she was doing everyone a favor.

ETA: When Tamara comes home after being pasteurized, will she then also be homogenized?

Yikes your observations about Meghan are right on point The Mighty Peanut! She wants to get rid of Vicki cause she feels she's too old to be part of the cast...talk about stab in the back! Then her justice issue calling Vickie a con artist regarding Brooks cancer treatment! What is she capable of doing?

tumblr_nrg1mc89SV1rlafseo1_400.gif

150807_2889367_Meghan_Speaks_Her_Mind.jp

tumblr_nsxyfeVs3A1rwuk64o1_400.gif

• Love 7

I got the impression that she was raised well in a nice family.  Also, she was in a sorority; unless things have changed, that type of etiquette is practiced and encouraged.  I'm not on the Hate Meghan Train...not even in the Dislike Ticket Line so I rarely see things the same way as most posters here.

I have no idea what kind of family she was raised by, but lots of people who are raised well end up mean-spirited and lacking in basic etiquette.  Also, I'm pretty sure that sororities have changed quite a bit!   So I just don't see it as a given that Meghan would do the right thing or that she's proficient in basic social graces.  I haven't seen anything to indicate that's the case.

But as I said, regardless of whether the note was her idea or not, I still think she's a stupid bitch.    (I hope she treasures you, as you may be her only fan!  I think you're very brave!!)   :-)

• Love 12

Well, Shannon is 5 months into the 8 months she has to be upset, so what is she going to do? Continue being totally miserable for the next three months and miraculously be all sunshine and roses immediately afterwards? She obviously wants to stay in the marriage, so she should be working towards forgiveness rather than being the sullen mess she is all the time. I can't stand David, but hell, he had to deal with her constant fault-finding way before the affair came to light, so I can't see Shannon ever being really happy again. Yes, David should divorce her if he's unhappy, but Shannon should also consider divorce if she's never going to let go of the past. Why insist on staying in a marriage that obviously is going to continue bringing her pain because she isn't even trying to get past it?

And we are more than 5 months into it at this point. She found out he was cheating on April 1st, and at this point in filming it is the following March. We are 11 months into their whole shitshow now and clearly she is not even close to finding any sort of resolution. It is so exhausting to watch.

She can have whole-body reconstruction if she wants. But she shouldn't be professing that she is "98% Real" when the truth is she's had a fair amount of work done.

Yes, but to be fair, wasn't that her tagline 4 years ago? Maybe she was 98% real back then. Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 9

What was revealing was not that Jim said he would get Leann's medical records, because obviously he can't do that and wouldn't. But just how he mentioned "medical records" and Vicki went mad defending why she would never have anything to do with medical records. Even though she claims to have a binder full of Brook's medical records, organized, with tabs. She can't pull out the binder in one of her talking heads and say, "See Meghan, records right here!" She doesn't even have to open it or show anything except that there are tabs and something inside.

And yes, Shannon had doubted Brooks all season, and made references to inconsistencies in the story. I don't think Shannon thinks Brooks has cancer either, but she hates Meghan more, and so she is putting her doubt all on Meghan. Like when Brooks was drinking alcohol at their dinner, Shannon's face was aghast. But instead she started crying about Meghan. I think she was trying to tell Vicki, "People are saying stuff about Brooks, so maybe he should be trying harder to appear sick, like, by not drinking straight vodka."

And then on the boat, Vicki didn't bat an eye when Brooks drank his strong vodka. But for some reason she was making a deal about the type of bread he was eating earlier. In any case, none of it adds up.

Jim could get Meghan's medical records if she consented to it. I think that is what he was saying. Not that he would go behind her back and try to obtain them, but that if someone was questioning her they would get what they needed to prove the assholes asking about it wrong. This all goes to how confusing the Vicki/Brooks deal is. I think he was diagnosed and treated prior to the season starting, and they decided to bring it to the show as part of her storyline, even though for the most part it was behind them. She said publicly that she didn't want to include him this season but that Bravo made her (which Andy confirmed). She was sick of him coming across as a shady character to everyone and they thought that talking about the cancer that was no longer being treated at that point would make him sympathetic. I think that everyone, including Briana, is aware of this.

And Amen to the part about Shannon questioning Brooks. She hasn't said that he doesn't have cancer, but has constantly questioned his choices. Why does a guy with cancer eat the things he does? Drink the things he does? Avoid taking his binder full of medical records over to one of the doctors she has suggested? Honestly, she has worked harder to get in the middle of this than Meghan has in some ways, if only because she and Vicki are so close. It's one thing for someone who clearly doesn't like Vicki to insert herself in the drama, but if I were Vicki, it would be much harder to see someone that I consider a close friend constantly making it sound like my man wasn't handling his business the right way.

• Love 10

.  But asshole Jimmy said in the limo to Meghan he was offended by nothing Vicks said because he just "didn't care".  OK then, asshole Jimmy.  I wanna hear what Vicks could say to him that he would care about.  Me wants to see asshole Jimmy really explode.

With respect, I got a different read on this.

My take was that Jim (and no, I'm not a fan) 'didn't care' mainly because he sees this for what it is; a cheesy reality show his wife likely begged, borrowed and screamed to be cast in and which, in the scheme of things, means exactly squat. He's been in the public eye for years, is used to being on camera and has learned how to control his emotions, deal with interviews/encounters and then make his escape.I suspect he would rather have eaten nails than be dragged to that seriously stupid 'sex party' set up, had been briefed to the end of his patience by Meghan about the horrors she was being subjected to and simply didn't want to deal with the whole scripted mess.

And yes, this looks to me like a man who has a thousand other things he'd rather do than cope with his immature wife's drummed up drama. Like everyone here, I suspect that the egg timer is counting down on this marriage.

• Love 12

With respect, I got a different read on this.

My take was that Jim (and no, I'm not a fan) 'didn't care' mainly because he sees this for what it is; a cheesy reality show his wife likely begged, borrowed and screamed to be cast in and which, in the scheme of things, means exactly squat. He's been in the public eye for years, is used to being on camera and has learned how to control his emotions, deal with interviews/encounters and then make his escape.I suspect he would rather have eaten nails than be dragged to that seriously stupid 'sex party' set up, had been briefed to the end of his patience by Meghan about the horrors she was being subjected to and simply didn't want to deal with the whole scripted mess.

And yes, this looks to me like a man who has a thousand other things he'd rather do than cope with his immature wife's drummed up drama. Like everyone here, I suspect that the egg timer is counting down on this marriage.

I think it looks like this is the case on camera - that he would rather be doing almost anything else than being on this show. I don't think this is the case, however. Remember that his 2nd wife was supposed to be on a couple of seasons ago, and dropped out right before filming began, supposedly because their marriage had gone south and she was no longer interested. That is when they called Alexis back in. That season began with Heather's famous "no onion rings" party, and Jim attended that party as a guest, minus his wife. He was clearly up to being on camera as the only (I believe, but could be wrong here) guest that wasn't part of the cast. I think Jim has been as interested in getting a wife on this show as either of his wives have been. I sense a bit of frustration on Meghan's part, as he was up for all of this, but at the same time seems to want to act like he is so above all the drama, and in doing so is making her look bad, not to mention how he is portraying their marrige and his feelings for her. Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 10

I'm dying to know what the fuckity fuck is going on with the Beadors. Nothing is really making sense here.

First of all, the DV charge. And Shannon waving her hand at that charge. MAKES NO SENSE.

Second of all, what woman in her right mind would take back a man that not only had sex with someone else; but had a full blown love affair ??!?!??? I can see getting passed a sexual fling but it sounds like David was in love with the mistress.

Third of all; David ! I understand trying to make things work for your children but all their interactions are a complete utter joke, why oh why would he stay with her and her miserable existence ?

It's like we are missing pieces of this trainwreck. We're not hearing the entire story.

Geezus. All that money they have, 3 great kids, a beautiful mansion, etc etc and they are so incredibly miserable. I just can't stop shaking my head.

eta - Sorry Fozzybear, I guess your post really didn't have a lot to do with my thoughts. But I do agree with you that Shannon seems to be a person that exaggerates or twists around truths.

I don't get it either. They're like the prime example of "you really never know what's going on behind a family's closed doors." I feel like the dysfunction we see is just the surface and there are some major skeletons in their closet.

• Love 8
I almost-almost, not quite- don't blame David for stepping out, having an affair. I mean, it is a horrible thing to do to any spouse, but good grief...Shannon is excrutiating. I can't even imagine being married to her. And now, watching this is just obscene. I feel like a pervert even watching their scenes, like I am dirty or something :( that is how awful it makes me feel. Ugh

Shannon does seem incredibly exhausting. I think she can be a fun friend, an involved mother, but she seems like a needy, mess of a spouse. But okay...so get a divorce. I mean, certainly cheating on her hasn't made her and less excruciating to deal with. Quite the opposite. 

• Love 7

Megan reminds me of a malicious Kelly (from RHONY).  Something about her living in an alternate reality than everyone else and can't understand how she comes across to others.  The whole scene with her in the car with Jimmy and muttering about justice, reminds me of satchels of gold.

• Love 9

I have to add, I agree that despite the poor grammar/misuse of a phrase, at least Megan sent a note. I'm a stickler for thank you notes. I'm already teaching my kids to "write" them (I write the note, they scribble or do the best they can to write their name, depending on the child). It's just good manners, imo. I appreciate getting them, and while it's not the biggest deal ever, I notice when one isn't sent. So I cut her some slack; she didn't have to send one, but she did (probably very many).

• Love 7

David is a punk.

He is a cheating punk.

He is a cheating asshole punk.

David's ACTing is for the benefit of: the couple's children, L'Affaire de Coeur, and the possibly commiserating real life and tv audience. He is baiting the lure with his 'poor put upon' facade in order to reel in support for current and future distasteful acts.

I think that David's beaten down demeanor and accompanying long suffering portrayal has been crafted partly in a deliberate attempt to slyly bias the children's attitudes against Shannon. It's a passive aggressive tactical manoeuvre to undermine and alienate Shannon's maternal tether to the kids.

• Love 13

You nailed it .

I'm not trying to excuse his cheating, but I think he is miserable in that marriage.  I think he loves Shannon but whatever magic they once had will never come back for him.  He's in it for the kids.  Just quitting the marriage and getting a divorce seems like a super easy thing but the reality is it isn't.  And maybe the fear of the kids being with her more than him is frightening.  And come on, she is so neurotic that I'd be afraid of it.

I think Shannon is a good person but she gets in her own way.  I mean on camera, she comes off as a kook.  And I love her.  If that's her good foot forward to America, I bet she's even worse off camera.  

I hope the two of them find happiness. But I don't think it's happiness together.

Their situation prompted me to do a bit of reading on long term/chronic cheating.  What my impression is that these kind of cheaters who can go a long time with the affair without divorcing or feeling guilt enough to tell their spouse are usually the power game players.  They can come across as the kindest, most caring people.  But in reality they're getting off on the power of the game, divorcing their spouse isn't an option because it takes away the thrill.  If divorce happens they usually end up with the other person and began cheating on them too.  

My best guess is that Shannon has been leaning a little too much on the alcohol, is easily manipulated and has become co-dependent on David.  She's in a FOG similar to a physically abused woman.  The conversation where David was saying he tried for her birthday dinner seemed to have undertones that he was telling her she's high maintenance.  I think that repeat loop of invalidation is a common theme in her marriage and we all see her reacting to it, which is a catch 22.  She gets more negative feedback for her reactions that *should* be anger.  She should be incredibly angry over the betrayal yet she gets tons of comments that she should be over it, not miserable, and so on.  Yet, that makes no sense.  She should be, and should be concentrating on how to get out of this negative loop.  You can't stop behavior patterns by doing the same thing.

• Love 17

Is it time for my weekly STFU Megan? What a bitch. She is a CHILD...I'm almost 60 therfore I have lived twice as long as Megan and have twice as much life experience. Just like a 15 year old would be a child to Megan she is a child to me. If anyone called me a "Bitter old woman" they would still be waiting for the hand print to fade where I slapped the disrespectful child. Maybe because I'm from the south but we believe in RESPECT for our elders.

Does Brooks have cancer???? I DO NOT CARE....If he says he does, he does. It's just plain WRONG to doubt someone who's sick just because they don't eat or drink what we think they should. He's an adult.He can handle his illness as he sees fit.

Vicky...what is this OTT reference??? Is there a certain level of sad you should be if your Mom dies? My son died 6 years ago and I gaurentee I was on the floor just like Vicki and I still cry when I think about it. No one has the right to say I am to sad or not sad enough. 

Leeches? Ugh. 

• Love 6

Is David "gaslighting" Shannon, in a way? Acting as if he is trying sooo hard while deliberately annoying her at every turn?

I wonder if there is some crazy pre-nup or something, that would destroy him financially, as well as possible dears of Shannon keeping the girls from him. Otherwise, I just don't understand why he is there in that house, pretending to be in the marriage. Or did he make some agreement or promise in therapy not to leave her? There has to some big reason, Imo, why he stays. No one can make a case for him staying because he wants the marriage to work, Imo. I am not even sure he regrets the affair, other than the fall-out of living with an even more neurotic, depressed Shannon.

I also do not get his appeal to many. Other than the occassional off the cuff remark, which can be funny, or an expression, I find him physically unappealing, simply based on whatever is going on in/with his hair. The stuff he puts in it makes it look like a crust has developed on his head. I wonder what makes men decide this is a good look. It almost never is. Shannon is physically attractive but she is also a person who works against herself so completely that it can be hard to see.

Also, I did not understand that visit to Dr. Moon at all. And she tells him she has not seen him in so lomg, then says she goes twice a month. I guess she was going like, daily, before?

I can't even express my disgust and skin-crawliness re: Vicki. I loved seeing her son disregard and brush off her BS. But it also seemed almost too set-up. She is so clueless, maybe it wasn't. She certainly is delusional and self-absorbed enough to not have a clue about her son feels, as we well know. And that bit about he and Brittany being fine when she is gone just shows how she view every single thing through the lens of money. She is truly pathetic. Meghan could be any silly young woman. Vicki would be on the attack anyway.

• Love 6
Also, I did not understand that visit to Dr. Moon at all. And she tells him she has not seen him in so lomg, then says she goes twice a month. I guess she was going like, daily, before?

I think Shannon said she was seeing him 3/weekly prior to this.

• Love 1

Jim could get Meghan's medical records if she consented to it. I think that is what he was saying. Not that he would go behind her back and try to obtain them, but that if someone was questioning her they would get what they needed to prove the assholes asking about it wrong. This all goes to how confusing the Vicki/Brooks deal is. I think he was diagnosed and treated prior to the season starting, and they decided to bring it to the show as part of her storyline, even though for the most part it was behind them. She said publicly that she didn't want to include him this season but that Bravo made her (which Andy confirmed). She was sick of him coming across as a shady character to everyone and they thought that talking about the cancer that was no longer being treated at that point would make him sympathetic. I think that everyone, including Briana, is aware of this.

And Amen to the part about Shannon questioning Brooks. She hasn't said that he doesn't have cancer, but has constantly questioned his choices. Why does a guy with cancer eat the things he does? Drink the things he does? Avoid taking his binder full of medical records over to one of the doctors she has suggested? Honestly, she has worked harder to get in the middle of this than Meghan has in some ways, if only because she and Vicki are so close. It's one thing for someone who clearly doesn't like Vicki to insert herself in the drama, but if I were Vicki, it would be much harder to see someone that I consider a close friend constantly making it sound like my man wasn't handling his business the right way.

If someone asked for my medical records to share with the world to prove I had cancer, I quite frankly would not share the records or allow them access.  Nor would I allow or show someone the balance in my bank account to prove a claim I had a million dollars in checking.  These are not family or friends this is a woman that the patient has met twice.

Shannon, although kinder and supportive of Brooks, needs to understand that her beliefs about the disease are not the only beliefs, just as a yeast free diet isn't the cure all for what ails folks.  I do believe by Heather's luncheon she had backed down and I don't think for one minute she ever believed Brooks did not have cancer.  Try as she might on the show, Meghan is firm in her belief and it is a dangerous one Brooks does not have cancer.  Brooks binder full of medical records in all likelihood does not contain what the City of Hope doctors are looking for.  I think Brooks is entitled to thank Shannon for her concern and not follow up.  Shannon even said that Brooks present doctor is fine.  Vicki can hardly criticize Shannon for condemning Brooks food and beverage choices because Vicki does the same thing to him.  She nags about him eating bread and various other things. 

If I as a viewer can see that Meghan loathes Vicki why would Vicki, Shannon and others, who film with her not see she despises Vicki and her concern for brooks is a crock of crap.  I do believe Vicki and essentially Brooks have made it pretty clear they (he) do not want others input into his course of treatment.  Jim said it and I agree it is time Meghan back down and she just hasn't.  To me, my marriage would be more important that a storyline for a reality show.

Meghan not backing down;  http://www.inquisitr.com/2384722/meghan-king-edmonds-says-vicki-gunvalsons-divorce-comment-was-projection-and-deflection-maintains-jim-loves-her/

• Love 3

I've been rather on the side of Brooks cancer being an old story that got resurrected for Vicki this season. I'll even go one step further and say TPTB suggested it and pushed Tamra to help out with pushing the Brooks story forward. I never would have thought TPTB would be this twisted but I just finished watching "Unreal" on Lifetime and well...

• Love 4

I got the impression that she was raised well in a nice family. Also, she was in a sorority; unless things have changed, that type of etiquette is practiced and encouraged. I'm not on the Hate Meghan Train...not even in the Dislike Ticket Line so I rarely see things the same way as most posters here.

Yeah, I don't see Jim insisting she hand write a note. He's barely around.

• Love 6

Oh man, I may not like Meghan, but the way asshole Jimmy spoke to her was absolutely vile!!!  He really is a misogynist pig.

Wow - I had a completely different take.  In fact, asshole Jimmy went a ways to redeeming himself in my eyes in this episode after he basically said the same thing everyone else hass been saying: shut up Meghan!  He totally took charge and completely shut her ass down.  Which needed to be done after she behaved so childishly, and then didn't seem able to grasp how wrong she was for inserting herself into Brooks' personal business and then causing scene after scene over it.

• Love 13

Would someone who is following Tamra on social media please tell her to stop using the moniker  "Jesus Jugs" for Alexis, when anyone from TWoP knows it's "Jugs for Jesus", dammit.  When Alexis was asked about her boob enlargement vis-a-vis her devotion to her megachurch yadda yadda and her pure lifestyle, she replied, and I paraphrase, "God is pleased when we look our best" or some such crap.  So, get it right, Trucker With Tits!

edited to add: KUDOOOZ to the original poster of Jugs for Jesus!

I'm not sure what you mean by this?  She definitely called her Jesus Jugs. But maybe there is a joke in there that's not registering. To be fair, I've only had 1/2 of my normal coffee intake this morning!

And we are more than 5 months into it at this point. She found out he was cheating on April 1st, and at this point in filming it is the following March. We are 11 months into their whole shitshow now and clearly she is not even close to finding any sort of resolution. It is so exhausting to watch.

Yes, but to be fair, wasn't that her tagline 4 years ago? Maybe she was 98% real back then.

Yes, and also, I actually thought her line was a play on words meant to imply that her character - her personality - was 98% real.  And the 2% was the "drama" that made its made into the show. 

So much this.  Really - both Tamra and Shannon - and even Heather - have all seemed to have some questions regarding Brook's cancer diagnosis. But ONLY in their blogs and talking heads. Megan is just the only one saying it.  I wonder how Vick's will feel by the time the reunion comes around and she sees the comments that the others ladies have been making behind her back.  Megan is definitely immature and messy, but she's far from the only Housewife to voice the opinion that Brooks' and Vicki's stories aren't 100% accurate.   

• Love 6

So impressed with Michael in this episode!

He and Brianna, formerly the winner and the levelheaded one, have switched roles. He looked so healthy and happy - he was practically glowing. He has his life together, while Brianna is already saddled with a rageaholic husband and two kids.

Also? Michael literally could not be more different than Tamra's son Ryan.

I agree to a certain extent. But doesn't Michael work for Vicki? He probably has to deal with her hysterics on a daily basis. If I were him, I'd get as far away fron her as possible. As in finding a new company to work for fast. He's got experience now!

• Love 6