Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: Sex, Lies & Leeches

• Start Topic

But no one (HW) would not have known what Heather said until the season was done with filming. It's not like Shannon heard Heather say that during filming. LOL Also, what happened during filming before she did her THs would have influenced her opinions about Shannon and visa versa. My gut instinct says that had it not been for Vicki and Tamra in their ears, Shannon and Heather would have been friends last season.

IMO, it IS Terry that want's the OTT house, not Heather. I am not saying that she doesn't want a large, fancy house but I really think it doesn't matter as much to her as it does Terry, the same way I don't think Heather is into being a HW on the show as much as Terry is. IMO, Heather would much rather be playing bit parts on several sitcoms than doing this show and she does it because it is important to her husband. He is by far the biggest fameho of all the husbands on all of the HW shows and is even more so than a few HWs themselves. LOL

Just to be clear the smart ass comments that are made, be it in confessionals that are filmed throughout filming have a way of making it back to the target.  I didn't say Shannon heard but eventually she does and that has an effect on how they feel about the other(s).  Alex, Tamra, Jeana, Jill have all commented on the producers carrying tales back and forth to move the story along. A also believe that Heather and Terry have a way of showing their butts and doing the one upmanship.

The dumbest thing I ever heard--and believe--about this Javier chair controversy is that Heather wanted to sit between Vicki and Shannon for aesthetic reasons. On one side of the table sat Lizzie, Tamra, Danielle aka brunette, blonde, brunette. On her side of the table, Heather wanted it to be Vicki, Heather, Shannon aka blonde, brunette, blonde. Shannon trading chairs with Heather ruined the symmetry damnit!

I believe this theory because it's Heather.

Yeah leave it to Heather to claim the brunettes need to be front and center in the camera angles.   I do believe the whole Javier's seating fiasco was probably being done as they were getting ready to shoot and after the producers had people where they wanted, Heather was displeased with the seating arrangements and production decided to film her displeasure.  Heather is smart and she knows how to look the best-I am thinking of the slipper for her guests in the construction zone-I guess Heather had on construction zone high heels because she didn't wear slippers-so her legs, in her very short dress look nice and long.  I noticed Heather wasn't the only one eschewing the slippers.

• Love 2

Vicki was the one who asked Shannon to move over to talk to her.  When Shannon went to the ladies room, Heather took the chair back.  IMO, it was Heather who made a unnecessary big deal about it.  And IMO, it was because the chair was in the 'center' of the group as opposed to being at the far end.  Heather also went on and on about Shannon getting angry but I really didn't see that at all.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-9/videos/rhoc-season-9s-craziest-moments?clip=2781484

Thanks breezy424 the video clip says it all. I agree, Heather was the shit stirrer IMO. Remember this one?

tumblr_n8tbh5UBkU1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

• Love 5

Just to be clear the smart ass comments that are made, be it in confessionals that are filmed throughout filming have a way of making it back to the target.  I didn't say Shannon heard but eventually she does and that has an effect on how they feel about the other(s).  Alex, Tamra, Jeana, Jill have all commented on the producers carrying tales back and forth to move the story along. A also believe that Heather and Terry have a way of showing their butts and doing the one upmanship.

Of course the producers spill the beans to the other women but that goes on with all of them. I have no doubts that the producers were telling Heather the things Shannon said about her as well. Shannon seemed to base her feelings about Heather on what Vicki and Tamra told her more than anything else. IMO, Vicki/Tamra intended to go after Heather last season but Heather didn't fall for it so they used Shannon to do it by influencing her against Heather and that worked.

They ALL show their "butts" in one way or another, "cotillion" anyone! LOL

Of course the producers spill the beans to the other women but that goes on with all of them. I have no doubts that the producers were telling Heather the things Shannon said about her as well. Shannon seemed to base her feelings about Heather on what Vicki and Tamra told her more than anything else. IMO, Vicki/Tamra intended to go after Heather last season but Heather didn't fall for it so they used Shannon to do it by influencing her against Heather and that worked.

Heather was upfront with Shannon she was angry she wasn't invited to the USC game and said as much.  That was the same lunch where Heather was again reminded she was being condescending.   I also don't think Heather thought the chair exchange had been filmed in its entirety and felt free to embellish her version. Heather's issues should have never been with Shannon but with Tamra and Vicki and they all seemed to make up.  The fact she was flying in from NY that day made no difference-Heather heard Heather McDonald and went nuts she was not included.  BTW after Heather took Vicki and Tamra to Hawaii I think she expected better treatment.  Heather has been the only one until the USC game, that introduced Hollywood to RHs.

To me, Vicki and Tamra didn't need to influence Shannon into disliking her.  Heather and Terry did fine jobs of that all on their own.  I would say the rottenest thing they did is say Shannon came over uninvited as one of their many excuses of throwing her out.   This is where I think production just oversteps.  Heather and Terry playing it up as if Shannon came in moments before they were out the door to another event was unconscionable-it forever made Terry and Heather seem like giant liars. Heather is smart she knows not to get too angry with Tamra and she should have told Shannon was she was asking for-Heather sat right there when it was being filmed.  It would have saved face for her throughout the season.  I just felt like Heather and Terry were getting a different script.  There is such a difference this year-Heather and Terry seem to stay far away from controversy-arrive film and leave early before the drama. Where were they episode when the big Meghan vs. Vicki face off occurred?  This is Heather who demanded all the girls be rounded up when she confronted drunk Sara about taking a teeny piece of the bow on her cake.   They don't have to take a side but they can try and keep things from getting too damaged.

• Love 4

I love that "We're done. Please leave," scene.   There are many times in my life I wish I'd had the nerve (or friends did) to say this...and carry it off.   Isn't that the time Shannon went to Heather's house to confront-confront-confront her?  Yeah, leave!  Leave this TV fakery.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 6

Heather got halfway to the truth in the reunion when she admitted that she was feeling insecure in her friendships with Vicki and Tamra at the start of the season. Those two were being somewhat chilly toward Heather and then greeting Shannon with incredibly open arms. I think Heather saw the writing on the wall with the shifting dynamics. And I do think Tamra had set a narrative in motion to put Heather on the outs (which she always does to someone - oh, except this year, when she is really trying to rehab her image). I actually called this on the forums in the middle of the season - that Heather was not threatened by Shannon's wealth, but by her fast bonds with Vicki/Tamra. I absolutely think that was the fire underneath Heather's obsession with the chair - she was hurt that Vicki had literally kicked her to the side. And rather than be honest about her feelings of exclusion, she instead took it out on Shannon. To me, one of the ugliest things about last season - and something Tamra does all the time - is that when Tamra and Heather made up, there was this immediate "bonding" collusion to then point the finger at Shannon. They literally concluded their make-up lunch by agreeing that Shannon had gotten in the middle of their friendship as if it were Shannon's fault. That is when Tamra started her, "Shannon is a sad, drunk soul" narrative. These two tacitly agreed to get closer by having a common enemy. Heather's nadir may have been when she passive-aggressively referred to Shannon's drinking problem right before she kicked Shannon out of her house. Where Heather failed to take full responsibility at the reunion was by taking the next step of admitting that her insecurity caused her to act quite maliciously towards Shannon.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 8

Bravo reran this episode today so I watched it again.  It was more interesting the second time around and a much better choice than cleaning my house.  Anyway, when I it saw the first time, I posted about starting to change my opinion (a little bit) about Jim.   After watching it again, he went up another notch or two in my book.  He still has a long way to go but I do think he was being supportive of Meghan.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5

I wasn't being sarcastic at all.  The ones in Europe are not the same recipe as the ones in the United States.  The original version that is manufactured in the United States is vegan friendly.  They don't have cross contact with milk.  They are listed on the PETA website and I've heard they take that stuff pretty seriously.  ;)

No worries! They must have changed the recipe because as long as I remember, the filling has been mostly lard (pork fat) and sugar.

I finally saw the entire ep and loved seeing Jim tell Meghan to shut up and not drag him into her amateur detective work, AKA "justice!".

I won't blame Heather for being friendly with Meghan cause I'd expect it of Mrs. Fancypants with leeches on her tummy! She and Terry were also Brooks' defenders in the past when most thought of him as nothing more than a grifter, lol.

I suspect Heather was told by Terry to suck up to Jim for him.
  • Love 2

Oreo Ingredients:

SUGAR, UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), HIGH OLEIC CANOLA AND/OR PALM AND/OR CANOLA OIL, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA AND/OR CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), CORNSTARCH, SALT, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLIN--AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CHOCOLATE.

Bravo reran this episode today so I watched it again.  It was more interesting the second time around and a much better choice than cleaning my house.  Anyway, when I it saw the first time, I posted about starting to change my opinion (a little bit) about Jim.   After watching it again, he went up another notch or two in my book.  He still has a long way to go but I do think he was being supportive of Meghan.

I also thought Jim was being supportive of Meghan.  I think Meghan was trying to be helpful and I thought she was butt hurt that Vicki thought she was evil when Meghan was trying to be helpful (in her inappropriate way).  Meghan also tried to leave that stupid argument, but she got caught up in Vicki ratcheting up the hyperbole.  Jim was much better at counter punching the hyperbole, but both he and Meghan should have just walked away from Vicki altogether.  They explained their POV so there was no need to engage further with someone who refused to hear what they were saying.  Vicki does not care about anyone but Vicki so any opinion contrary to hers is invalid.

Vicki has no "mature" ground to stand on with that parting shot about Jim and Meghan's marriage.  She does not want people talking about Brook's cancer, but she freely discusses other people's marriages as if that's okay.  She can miss me with all of that dramatic, over the top caterwauling that she does.

All of these woman need to stop with the age shaming.  Meghan does not need to be 50 years old to have an informed opinion and the other women are not old bitter women just because they don't agree with Meghan's POV. 

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 2

I think Heather and Terry were doing the leech thing for his show Botched. They filmed her thumb growth removal for that show, I believe, in addition to showing it on RHOC. I also remember Terry saying he didn't offer trendy procedures in his office that he hadn't tried himself.  He said he tried that fat freezing thing and it didn't work.  So, I bet they were trying the leech thing to find out if it actually worked, too.

• Love 4

I think Heather and Terry were doing the leech thing for his show Botched. They filmed her thumb growth removal for that show, I believe, in addition to showing it on RHOC. I also remember Terry saying he didn't offer trendy procedures in his office that he hadn't tried himself.  He said he tried that fat freezing thing and it didn't work.  So, I bet they were trying the leech thing to find out if it actually worked, too.

I want to know what concoction Terry was testing that caused anal leakage.  I'd laugh my ass off if it was some of that vitamin beauty drink he's now selling on EVINE.  ;-)

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 2

David is a punk.

He is a cheating punk.

He is a cheating asshole punk.

David's ACTing is for the benefit of: the couple's children, L'Affaire de Coeur, and the possibly commiserating real life and tv audience. He is baiting the lure with his 'poor put upon' facade in order to reel in support for current and future distasteful acts.

I think that David's beaten down demeanor and accompanying long suffering portrayal has been crafted partly in a deliberate attempt to slyly bias the children's attitudes against Shannon. It's a passive aggressive tactical manoeuvre to undermine and alienate Shannon's maternal tether to the kids.

I think you've hit upon something here.  I've noticed on a couple of occasions how David slyly undermines Shannon in front of the girls.  At first I just thought it was his cluelessness that made him say things like that, but when he slipped in that gratuitous reference to his "smashing pumpkins" past, I saw it as a direct challenge to Shannon's taking them to task for their TP-ing while on the sleep-over.  The comment was obviously gauged to curry favor with the girls by portraying himself as the understanding parent while making Shannon appear the tiresome and un-fun parent.

I know he's said other things in front of their daughter(s) to place Shannon in an unfavorable light, I just can't remember them right now.

• Love 6

I think Tamra and Vicki started out the season last year doing that thing that all mean girls do. They started finding reasons to be annoyed with Heather. But, I think that Vicki realized early on that it was a bad idea to go against Heather, so she seemed to back off. Then Shannon enters the picture and hits it off with Vicki and Tamra immediately. Plus, it didn't help that the Beadors actually had a basketball court in their house that had to fuel some envy in Terry. It was when Heather told Eddie about Tamra talking about having another baby that Tamra decided to full on go after Heather. But, Vicki had already seen it was a lost cause and straight up told Tamra that she would lose if she went after Heather. I think that also had Tamra ready to target Vicki, but also realizing that she needed Heather so she made up with her and the two of them colluded to make Shannon look bad. I also think that Tamra was PISSED that Vicki didn't go along with it and that is why she went so hard for Brooks at the reunion because, presumably, Tamra had agreed to be civil to Brooks for the season and support Vicki's relationship with him. Tamra's tendency to hold grudges and destroy her targets is why we have to sit through this stupidity of Brooks "faking cancer." I actually won't be surprised if she pulls out text messages or calls one of Brooks' Exes at the reunion like she did with Gretchen.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 5

David may be a punk, cheater, and worse, but Shannon won't let go. If it goes on like this, the girls will end up hating both of them. Why does Shannon insist on staying in that marriage? Is It just pride? I am not seeing any love there at all. I think she fears that a divorce may make her the "loser" somehow. But man, what she's got going on there now now is just tortuous for everyone. And horrible to watch. I really was not impressed with the grocery store chicken dinner scene...sorry. It just seemed way way staged. Like everything else, Imo. Somehow I feel like Shannon staged it...maybe so she could wear that gown.

I want to know the true story behind Icky and Crook's break-up, lol, but we never will. If it is even true. Last we saw her, she was proclaiming her deepest love for him to anyone who would sit still. Maybe he dumped her? Doesn't seem likely, since he was living the life, but who knows. Living with her has to be like one of the circles of hell. Surprised Michael stayed as close to OC as he did. But he knows how to hold up the wooden cross.

• Love 4

I think Tamra and Vicki started out the season last year doing that thing that all mean girls do. They started finding reasons to be annoyed with Heather. But, I think that Vicki realized early on that it was a bad idea to go against Heather, so she seemed to back off. Then Shannon enters the picture and hits it off with Vicki and Tamra immediately. Plus, it didn't help that the Beadors actually had a basketball court in their house that had to fuel some envy in Terry. It was when Heather told Eddie about Tamra talking about having another baby that Tamra decided to full on go after Heather. But, Vicki had already seen it was a lost cause and straight up told Tamra that she would lose if she went after Heather. I think that also had Tamra ready to target Vicki, but also realizing that she needed Heather so she made up with her and the two of them colluded to make Shannon look bad. I also think that Tamra was PISSED that Vicki didn't go along with it and that is why she went so hard for Brooks at the reunion because, presumably, Tamra had agreed to be civil to Brooks for the season and support Vicki's relationship with him. Tamra's tendency to hold grudges and destroy her targets is why we have to sit through this stupidity of Brooks "faking cancer." I actually won't be surprised if she pulls out text messages or calls one of Brooks' Exes at the reunion like she did with Gretchen.

Tamra (pointing finger): "WERE YOU AT CHILI'S !?!!?!?!?!??"
  • Love 1

I've always gotten a gay vibe from Jimmy Edmonds.

In Andy Cohen's second book, Edmonds seems to be around at a lot of the same events as Cohen. I know Cohen is a huge Cardinals fan, but I did find it interesting all the mentions of Jimmy (and none of Meghan by the way...)

• Love 2

That is interesting, Emme. It's also odd that two of Jim's wives tried out for the show. I wonder how often Jim and Andy are in the same town?

I previously said that Jim pings, but as I was rightfully corrected, he pongs.

• Love 1

Wow, that was both the best epi and the worst epi in a long time. When the ladies (I use that term loosely) were at Heather's lunch and several left supposedly to use the washroom I was totally expecting them to line up at a blue porta potty to wait their turn. I was so disappointed that didn't happen. I don't remember as I think I nodded off (a la Vicki) part way through the tour on the last epi - is there a washroom finished somewhere in the 22000 sq ft?

Meghan really is a hateful person. To tell VIcki that she has just begun to harass her about Brookes (because that is what it is) was all kinds of vile. I did not have a problem with how Jimmy talked to Vicki, or to Meaghan later in the limo. He was quite calm and sensible both times I thought. And he was right - Meaghan does need to let it go - it is none of her damn business. Also her comment that she is all about justice? WTF does that even mean in relation to Brookes? Justice for who? What a whack job.

That sex party was all kinds of eeewww. Who know what may have been on those swings - ugh. The whole thing, including the naked buffet woman was just gag inducing. I am surprised that Vicki wasn't heaving over those sights.

I must say I was not impressed with Michael's comments to Vicki. While we all know that Vicki is self centered and everything is me, me, me her feelings regarding her mom are quite valid. I was a couple of years younger than Vicki when I lost my mother (after losing my father years before). I really did feel like an orphan. As has any friend I have who has lost both parents, including a friend who is 58 and lost her 86 year old mother recently. The age you are when that happens is irrelevant. And yes it is wonderful that Vicki's mother did not suffer (though hard on the family when someone dies suddenly as you can't say goodbye like you can to someone you know is dying). My mother had many illnesses in her last 10 years but even at that she was not ready to go, and I was not ready to let her go. So I totally get what Vicki was saying (even though I am sure we are all tired of hearing about it on camera) and thought Michael was very cold in his reactions.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 2

This probably makes me a horrible person, but when Vicki was going on about how when Brooks leaves her she'll be all alone, and her son replied, deadpan, "So should we split an appetizer?" I laughed out loud. 

Never change, Michael. 

• Love 4

Sheesh.

Shannon tried to reason w/ Meghan. Meghan would not have it

Oh. Jim also suggested Vicki produce what's his names medical records.

Jim is not happy w/ PI's behavior.

I think this episode would have been a hella lot better if it was all about Shannon and Dr. Moon.

At least I could've learned the angry eye exercise.

Of course the producers spill the beans to the other women but that goes on with all of them.

Is this supposed to be a secret?  All "reality" shows/stories are driven by the producers...even some production assistants.

• Love 1