Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: Sex, Lies & Leeches

• Start Topic

Meg sent a thank you note. That's what counts. No one on this show is particularly educated - Tams seeing a pasture. Vicki seeing a median. Did Meg totally screw up the wording on the note? Yeah, absolutely. But is that what it's all about or is it about that at least she took the time to write one? Does anyone think that Vicki, given her poor understanding of the English language, notice? I doubt it.

Now Heather, she would have noticed. Because she is Heather. It's interesting that she's dropped throwing in the 'big' words this season. Um. She got a lot of flack for that in the past. She is pretentious as hell but she does reflect and learn....to a certain degree.

Haha! The first few sentences are funny as...(well, you know). (lol!!!)

----------------------------------------------

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 4

Shannon would have been given a heads up about a phone call had the number been given to Meghan by production, just like Heather/Terry were given a heads up about Shannon's "surprise" visit to their house last season.  IMO, BOTH Shannon and Meghan acted like fools.

Not if they weren't filming, which they weren't.  

I now think Meghan is pretty awful, but at the time you're talking about - early in the season - I saw things exactly the way that you did.   Meghan seemed fine to me, and Shannon was a bitch on wheels.  She was very unfriendly & rude to Meghan.  Especially in light of the fact that she knew damn well that Meghan was a fellow castmate on this show and not some random stranger!   But even putting that aside, she was horrible to Meghan for no good reason.  Being caught off-guard by a phone call is one thing, but she continued to be all up on her high horse with her nose in the air even later.  I was pretty shocked at how rude she was.  Things went from bad to worse, and that was all Shannon's fault.  

I thought we were supposed to feel sorry for Shannon when she was excluded from Meghan's charity event, but I didn't.  If Shannon treated me the way she did Meghan, I wouldn't have wanted her at my event either.

It is odd how differently the same scenes can strike us... I felt just the opposite.  One thing I'll point out is that Meghan said she was "Meghan King", leaving off the Edmonds.  Even Jimmy asked Meghan, "do you think you probably confused her, calling yourself Meghan King instead of Meghan King Edmonds?"  

I didn't get the impression Shannon was mean to her, just that she was in the car with her kids, didn't understand who was calling and thought it was a sales call, so she asked if they could talk later.  Meghan is the one -- IMO-- blew that shiz way up.

But like I said... different strokes.  

• Love 8

It is odd how differently the same scenes can strike us... I felt just the opposite.  One thing I'll point out is that Meghan said she was "Meghan King", leaving off the Edmonds.  Even Jimmy asked Meghan, "do you think you probably confused her, calling yourself Meghan King instead of Meghan King Edmonds?"  

I didn't get the impression Shannon was mean to her, just that she was in the car with her kids, didn't understand who was calling and thought it was a sales call, so she asked if they could talk later.  Meghan is the one -- IMO-- blew that shiz way up.

But I said I didn't mean just the phone call.  I meant the way Shannon continued to act afterwards, in person.  I totally understand being caught off-guard at a busy moment, and all of that.  I didn't actually think Shannon's behavior during the call was the problem.  It was her bitchy attitude after that, specifically the superior and dismissive way she treated Meghan -  who really wasn't doing anything wrong.

• Love 7

But I said I didn't mean just the phone call.  I meant the way Shannon continued to act afterwards, in person.  I totally understand being caught off-guard at a busy moment, and all of that.  I didn't actually think Shannon's behavior during the call was the problem.  It was her bitchy attitude after that, specifically the superior and dismissive way she treated Meghan -  who really wasn't doing anything wrong.

Agree. Shannon totally reacted badly, not to mention oddly. And then acted like a lunatic when Meghan was foolish enough to decide to approach her at that party. Shannon really came off as unhinged, as she so often does, Imo. Going through a horrible situation with your marriage is not a green light to behave the way she does, Imo, in other situations. Yet she really seems very, very unstable in every scenario and only seems remotely happy when she is bombed. Very sad to watch, as well as skin-crawlingly uncomfortable at times.

Still...I get the impression Shannon reacts honestly and spontaneously to things, while I think everything Icky says and does is fake, fake, fake.

• Love 6

I understood that Meghan called Shannon at the suggestion of the charity--who supplied the very private phone number.  Shannon was surprised (worried?) when she didn't recognize the name and handled the call badly, probably hurting Meghan's feelings.  The race was on.  Shannon was uncharitable...and it had nothing to do with the charity.

Pretty slipshod charity if they supplied Meghan with information Shannon hosted the wine party when she did not.  Shannon hosted a party for a magazine-the OC Tattler or some such rag and the magazine had included the charity.  Shannon was never directly involved with the charity.  Meghan lying about who gave Shannon her number was also a little suspect.  Had Meghan been straightforward, used her full name and said, "Cindy Smith gave me your number," (Cindy being a production person-they bleep the name out anyway) then Shannon would have recognized it was show related and probably had a different outcome.  It looked like Meghan was working overtime to try and prank Shannon.  Further I don't think Shannon was rude.  Meghan was lying, she was giving out misinformation and Shannon explained she had kids in the car. In any event in no way did Meghan have any business requesting an apology.  Unless she lead off with the ruse she used to bug Shannon.  Same with claiming Shannon was somehow jealous of Meghan because of the hoedown.  Meghan's imagination that she then takes to the next level and claims Shannon is jealous.  WTH.

• Love 12

Do as I say, not as I do?

Do you think the consequences of the concussions are somehow related to Jim thinking that Meghan would be a good wife (#3)?  Just sayin'

I think he is easy to influence and seems to have a strong desire to be married. I don't think there is a sincere bone in the long, and tall body of Meghan King.  I think she told him what he wanted to hear and she makes for a good babysitter.  I find it odd they took on the care and feeding of Hayley in mid-August-moved her away from her mother and friends, then married two months later and went on a honeymoon to Bora Bora in November, on to Lake Havasu for Thanksgiving and moved out of St Louis in mid December.  I am not quite certain why Hayley was unable to stay with her mother, because to me, if my mother were going through chemo or cancer I would want to be there to help.  Instead in sounds like Hayley, who apparently ditched a lot school, was around to be knee deep in the wedding, the Cardinals games, left on her own while her dad and Meghan honeymooned and basically screwed around until she moved out of St. Louis.  I am not certain why she had to go to Palm Desert and live as I would think her father would think her education more important than traipsing around like vagabonds. 

• Love 3

She said it to her husband on her birthday, in the party bus or at the dinner I believe. She was mad at him and got ugly, nasty ugly to him.

Wait, what??? What episode was this? You mean there's been another HW birthday fail this season? I must be missing other HW stuff when I fast-forward theough Tamra's scenes.

She said it to her husband on her birthday, in the party bus or at the dinner I believe. She was mad at him and got ugly, nasty ugly to him.

I don't remember her mentioning the size of his penis at all during that scene. I remember her saying it would be nice if he could hard more than once a week, which is pretty awful to say to your husband let alone on national television. But, I don't remember there being a single mention about the size of his penis. 

• Love 6
How does Vicki have the nerve to criticize a man's wife right to his face, and even say that she's so bad he'll divorce her in five years? How does she get away with this? And that asshole Jim Edmonds didn't even bat an eye. She's done the same thing with Eddie and Tamra, too - constantly putting Tamra down in front of him. She even did so tonight when Eddie said he never knew about Tamra's baptism plans (she said something like: "See? There's a lot you don't know."). But at least Eddie usually objects to that, and that's what I like about him. WE might not like Tamra, but Eddie does, and married her, so it's not ok to do what Vicki does. WE might not like Meghan, but Jim does, and, oh, wait....

If you ask me, this is the game she played that contributed to Tamra's marriage with Simon deteriorating.  If you go back and watch that season Vicki was totally pitting Tamra against Simon.

• Love 5

Meg sent a thank you note. That's what counts. No one on this show is particularly educated - Tams seeing a pasture. Vicki seeing a median. Did Meg totally screw up the wording on the note? Yeah, absolutely. But is that what it's all about or is it about that at least she took the time to write one? Does anyone think that Vicki, given her poor understanding of the English language, notice? I doubt it.

Now Heather, she would have noticed. Because she is Heather. It's interesting that she's dropped throwing in the 'big' words this season. Um. She got a lot of flack for that in the past. She is pretentious as hell but she does reflect and learn....to a certain degree.

The thank-you note conversation is one of the more unique ones I've ever read. To me, it's truly tits on an ant. I don't even like her, but find it impossible to judge on something like this. Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 14

Wait, what??? What episode was this? You mean there's been another HW birthday fail this season? I must be missing other HW stuff when I fast-forward theough Tamra's scenes.

It was last season, not this season.  LOL

I don't remember her mentioning the size of his penis at all during that scene. I remember her saying it would be nice if he could hard more than once a week, which is pretty awful to say to your husband let alone on national television. But, I don't remember there being a single mention about the size of his penis. 

She got really nasty to and about him that night. She even apologized to him in her blog that week.

• Love 1

She got really nasty to and about him that night. She even apologized to him in her blog that week.

She said  “Christian, why don’t you get a boner once a week… fuck you!”.  

I like Lizzie, especially for the way she called out Tamra to the others, resulting in the Bali "You will never see my face again!" 5k sprint.

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 4

Michael really is the bomb dot com.

I wasn't sure if Jimmy was pissed or delighted about getting involved in the drama, because I was too distracted by the purses falling out of his mouth.

Of course all of these people enjoy smelling themselves, and are famewhores to a certain extent, but the Dubrows truly do take the cake. The sad part is there will probably be some suckers outside Terry's office waiting to get that leech bullshit done.

tumblr_ntm79dvitC1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Hah! I love Shannon, if only for shit like that.

• Love 8

She said  “Christian, why don’t you get a boner once a week… fuck you!”.  

I like Lizzie, especially for the way she called out Tamra to the others, resulting in the Bali "You will never see my face again!" 5k sprint.

Lizzie was nasty to her husband on camera for no reason other than she was drinking and acting like a spoiled child that night. I like Lizzie but that night she showed a side to her that didn't match with what we had seen of her before but I chalked it off to too much alcohol and nerves. LOL

• Love 7

She didn't she said something slang about getting an erection more than once a week.  No penis size mentioned.  As you say bad enough what she said, but a man can chang how often he wants sex-he can't change the size of his penis.

• Love 1

The thank-you note conversation is one of the more unique ones I've ever read. To me, it's truly tits on an ant. I don't even like her, but find it impossible to judge on something like this.

the note wasn't even on the show

Nor was the interview I mentioned in regards to the episode.  Meghan had started with she was just showing concern and I think it grew (in her blog)  to forming a support group of people affected by cancer, then she had her husband claim she did not say Brooks did not have cancer, she was just concerned, to Meghan saying in the limo -Vicki is a con artist and she just wants justice.  Now she is giving interviews saying Brooks does not have cancer and at the same time writing he and Vicki notes saying, "we continue to keep you in our prayers."    My point is why is Vicki sending flowers, what did Meghan mean by in leiu (sic) of, and why would they be in their prayers if she thinks the whole Brooks thing is bogus? 

I think the animosity between Vicki and Meghan has been front and center the last two episodes.

• Love 1
Shannon really came off as unhinged, as she so often does, Imo

In the past she "unhinged" on other Housewives.  Now Meghan is her sole Whipping Girl.   Things change...stay tuned.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 1

Got it.  I saw that WAY differently-- Meghan was totally unreasonable and out of line, should have shrugged that whole misunderstanding off rather than pursuing it so doggedly.  Shannon was reacting to Meghan's aggression.  Overreacting?  Maybe.  She's generally neurotic and sensitive, but more to the HW point probably sick of being a target.  The other HW's eye-rolls in reaction to Meghan's high school mean girl behavior (esp when she was crouching next to Shannon at the side of the couch at the party) said it all to me. 

• Love 7
Meghan was totally unreasonable and out of line, should have shrugged that whole misunderstanding off

The same thing could be said for Shannon.  After all, Meghan is a child.

Also, this does affect their paychecks.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 3

The same thing could be said for Shannon.  After all, Meghan is a child.

Also, this does affect their paychecks.

For some reason, I really don't think Shannon is in this for the paycheck. I think she started doing the show out of boredom and possibly to show David that he was what was wrong with their relationship. Why she would choose to come back after finding out about the affair though is anyone's guess. I suppose she figured the affair would come out anyway and she might as well face it head on. But, what she is putting out there this season is really disturbing. 

• Love 8

For some reason, I really don't think Shannon is in this for the paycheck. I think she started doing the show out of boredom and possibly to show David that he was what was wrong with their relationship. Why she would choose to come back after finding out about the affair though is anyone's guess. I suppose she figured the affair would come out anyway and she might as well face it head on. But, what she is putting out there this season is really disturbing. 

IMO, what she put out last season about their marriage was disturbing as well. I will never understand why someone in a marriage crisis thinks that broadcasting their problems on a TV show will help. I do think she was bored with her life before the show but she should have become a volunteer at some hospital, charity or cause close to her heart to channel her energies and/or fulfill her needs instead of putting her marriage on blast for the world to see and comment on.

If things are that bad, separate or not but get individual AND couples counseling in private AND don't cheat on your spouse AND don't join a reality TV show either. It's like both Shannon and David are each looking for validation for their own feelings about each other from the viewing audience. They are each trying to prove they are right at the expense of the other, at the expense of their family and the expense their marriage.  JMO

• Love 6

Yeah, I commend Shannon for being authentic, but that does mean the underbelly of her relationship with David is showing... and the underbelly is never anyone's best body part, is it?  

I feel bad for her.  I don't think David's an emotionally healthy/ normal guy.  No, not because of her-- it's something deeper than that.  He is almost her emotional reverse; where she has almost no ability to hide her emotions, David has almost no ability to be genuine in his expression of feelings.  I'm not sure he knows how he's feeling, much of the time.  What a difficult match.  She needs the emotional intimacy; he avoids it.  The fact that he isn't interested in pursuing any therapy, whether couple's therapy or individual therapy, to me is the real kicker.  But hell, if they are truly able to make it work, Lord knows they deserve an award.

As far as the effect on the kids goes, I agree it sucks for them.  There are better situations, but there's also all kinds of worse.  Including parents who don't invest enough time or emotion into their kids' lives (Tamra, Jim, IMO...), parents who directly emotionally abuse the kids... I don't expect it to matter to anyone here, but my parents were incredibly abusive, but mostly to the kids.  they were scared of each other, so they took their issues out on the kids more than anything.  So they were "in love" (enmeshed, really), but they created major therapist bills for the kids!  Anyhow, there's so many ways kids can and do get effed up.  At the very least, neither Shannon nor David are predatory to their kids.  

It's a Tolstoy quote (that I'm about to butcher), that all happy families are happy in the same way, but all miserable families are miserable in unique ways.  Something like that.  

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 12

I do think she was bored with her life before the show but she should have become a volunteer at some hospital, charity or cause close to her heart to channel her energies and/or fulfill her needs instead of putting her marriage on blast for the world to see and comment on.

Shannon Beador doesn't volunteer with charities.  Shannon Beador STARTS charities!!!! (p.s. you can't see me but trust that I'm about to flounce up the stairs as soon as I finish typing this!)

• Love 21

Were you being sarcastic?

I was wondering the same.  Oreos in Europe and elsewhere have whey.  Also, some of their sugar suppliers use animal "bone char" in the refining process.

Yeah while Oreos don't have dairy/eggs listed in their ingredients, they have cross contact with milk and are, as a result, not vegan friendly.

I wasn't being sarcastic at all.  The ones in Europe are not the same recipe as the ones in the United States.  The original version that is manufactured in the United States is vegan friendly.  They don't have cross contact with milk.  They are listed on the PETA website and I've heard they take that stuff pretty seriously.  ;)

• Love 2

Shannon Beador doesn't volunteer with charities. Shannon Beador STARTS charities!!!! (p.s. you can't see me but trust that I'm about to flounce up the stairs as soon as I finish typing this!)

Bwahahaha! Yeah Shannon Beador is VIP! Except she's not, because she's a rich aging housewife in a zip code chocked full of rich aging housewives.

Whatever her reasons for doing the show, she's back for a second season so she no longer gets any "she's so real" points from me (not that I gave her any to begin with). She's doing her fame whore dance like everybody else and if she has to drag every awful family moment in front of a camera to keep the attention of her fans, that's what she's going to do. I think she's just a narcissistic as any of them.

• Love 9

Not if they weren't filming, which they weren't.  

To be fair to Meghan, she'd been married for about half a minute at that point in time.  Forgetting the Edmunds was probably a simple slip up.  I have friends that have been married for years and I still think of them by their maiden names -- not because I don't like their husbands or am disrespecting their marriages, but because that's how I knew them for 20 years.  I usually catch myself and correct it, but I guess I'm a slow learner :)  

• Love 3

To be fair to Meghan, she'd been married for about half a minute at that point in time. Forgetting the Edmunds was probably a simple slip up. I have friends that have been married for years and I still think of them by their maiden names -- not because I don't like their husbands or am disrespecting their marriages, but because that's how I knew them for 20 years. I usually catch myself and correct it, but I guess I'm a slow learner :)

Of all the things that Shannon complains about (and that list is long. She uses the same pad as Nixon's enemies list) that one is so dumb. Did Megan even change her name? I know it's shocking, but some women don't. They vote now and listen to jazz too. Plus I agree that she had been married for 4 freaking months! Lots of women who do change their name occasionally use their maiden name subconsciously. My sister's been married 10 years and she occasionally slips up and says her maiden name. And I still don't really understand what Shannon was trying to imply by stressing that Meghan didn't use Edwards. Some sort of Spy V Spy level trickery I guess.

• Love 5

Of all the things that Shannon complains about (and that list is long. She uses the same pad as Nixon's enemies list) that one is so dumb. Did Megan even change her name? I know it's shocking, but some women don't. They vote now and listen to jazz too. Plus I agree that she had been married for 4 freaking months! Lots of women who do change their name occasionally use their maiden name subconsciously. My sister's been married 10 years and she occasionally slips up and says her maiden name. And I still don't really understand what Shannon was trying to imply by stressing that Meghan didn't use Edwards. Some sort of Spy V Spy level trickery I guess.

To be fair to Meghan, she'd been married for about half a minute at that point in time.  Forgetting the Edmunds was probably a simple slip up.  I have friends that have been married for years and I still think of them by their maiden names -- not because I don't like their husbands or am disrespecting their marriages, but because that's how I knew them for 20 years.  I usually catch myself and correct it, but I guess I'm a slow learner :)  

Y'all are more confused than Meghan.  It's not Edmunds or Edwards, it's Edmonds.  Since she likely married him for the name, it's surprising she didn't use it.  And I don't see Shannon as some patriarchal lover who hates when women keep their maiden names.  If Shannon was told that Meghan Edmonds was joining the cast, why wouldn't she assume that Meghan's last name was Edmonds?

I wasn't being sarcastic at all.  The ones in Europe are not the same recipe as the ones in the United States.  The original version that is manufactured in the United States is vegan friendly.  They don't have cross contact with milk.  They are listed on the PETA website and I've heard they take that stuff pretty seriously.  ;)

No offense meant. I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian, so I have no problem eating junk food.  I've just never known a vegan who does.

• Love 7

I understand what you are saying, and I agree for the most part. However, if I met Meghan as Meghan Edmonds, or, as just Meghan but knew she was married to Jim Edmonds, and then on the phone she said Meghan King, I wouldn't realize she was the same person either. No trickery involved. Just a misunderstanding. 

• Love 8

I understand what you are saying, and I agree for the most part. However, if I met Meghan as Meghan Edmonds, or, as just Meghan but knew she was married to Jim Edmonds, and then on the phone she said Meghan King, I wouldn't realize she was the same person either. No trickery involved. Just a misunderstanding.

And that I can get. I really can and then I would say so, along the lines of "Oh! I didn't even put it together! Of course. How can I help." I would not go all bug eyed in a TH, implying what sort of woman would do such a thing. While on speakerphone! With children present! As I have said, Shannon is just way to much of a delicate flower for me.

• Love 8

... if it was a simple slip up, it should have made her more understanding about the fact that Shannon was confused about who was calling.  That's the point I was trying to make.  It should have been a whoops, we had a misunderstanding, no big, especially when Jim brought it to Meghan's attention.  Should have been a huh, I could see how that would confuse someone, not something Meghan would hold a grudge about.  

Exactly.  

• Love 10

It's stated up above that Meghan was setting Shannon up for a "prank" by not using her married name.  I agree with you that it was a misunderstanding and not some devious plot.  It then got blown way out of proportion by Meghan's calls for justice in the form of an apology and Shannon's bizarre over the top "I start charities" ranting and fleeing. 

Seriously, one of my friends just did a thing where she had a guest list.  You had to give her name and say you were her guest to get in.  I screwed it up and gave her maiden name at first and was standing there joking with her husband of 5 years about it when our other friend walked up and said he made the same mistake.  We both were in the wedding party and like her husband -- I even threw the bridal shower, which probably had some kind of Mrs. ____ paraphernalia involved.  It just happens sometimes.  

• Love 5

It's stated up above that Meghan was setting Shannon up for a "prank" by not using her married name. I agree with you that it was a misunderstanding and not some devious plot. It then got blown way out of proportion by Meghan's calls for justice in the form of an apology and Shannon's bizarre over the top "I start charities" ranting and fleeing.

Seriously, one of my friends just did a thing where she had a guest list. You had to give her name and say you were her guest to get in. I screwed it up and gave her maiden name at first and was standing there joking with her husband of 5 years about it when our other friend walked up and said he made the same mistake. We both were in the wedding party and like her husband -- I even threw the bridal shower, which probably had some kind of Mrs. ____ paraphernalia involved. It just happens sometimes.

Yup. That's my take too. A simple misunderstanding that two assholes blew way out of proportion. I know I rag on Shannon a lot (she is the human equivalent of nails on a chalkboard for me), but I do honestly see how Meghan created this situation too. Both of them could stand to take their little jr high feud down several thousand notches and focus a little more attention on their equally blissful marriages.

• Love 12

... if it was a simple slip up, it should have made her more understanding about the fact that Shannon was confused about who was calling.  That's the point I was trying to make.  It should have been a whoops, we had a misunderstanding, no big, especially when Jim brought it to Meghan's attention.  Should have been a huh, I could see how that would confuse someone, not something Meghan would hold a grudge about.  

Exactly.  

It was an oops and didn't bear repeating.  She had never even met Shannon.

I see a pattern with Meghan she lays the groundwork and makes pretty outrageous claims, Shannon is upset over David and me at the Hoedown.  Let me bring it up to her even though I have never met her.  Let me claim that Shannon was rude on the telephone, although those sitting in the room who heard the phone call  didn't agree, let me demand an apology at someone's party and then feign it was just a nightmare the way Shannon reacted.  I think interrupting someone's conversation and demanding an apology is terribly rude behavior, of course I also found it amusing no one would get off the couch and let Meghan have a seat.  Meghan throws out that she should have the same status as mom as a stepmother of four months, she complains about her slothful teenage stepdaughter and expects no one to comment (I have often wondered why if Vicki had said, "ooh you poor dear having to deal with all that and so young" if Meghan would have thought that prying and inappropriate.), her claiming Shannon pulled strings for Leann and Shannon correcting her saying, "no I made some phone calls."  Another instance of Meghan trying to pit Shannon against someone.

Jim may be screaming (well tweeting), "editing, we are the victims of bad editing", but Meghan claims things such as demanding the apology she does all on her own.  So over the next five episodes, we can see if all the pieces fit and we the viewers see that Brooks doesn't have cancer.  If I were trying to pick a storyline it probably would not be on outing a person for claiming they had cancer and certainly not the only remaining original RH's boyfriend.  Isn't there a saying in baseball about swinging for the fences?  I think Meghan should have tried for a base hit.  It just feels like she moved from one RH to the other with her pick-a-fight behavior.

• Love 6

Tamra allegedly was a whiney nasty mess over her custody battle last season.  Simon has always claimed that Tamra's provocative behavior causes humiliation to the children. So after Simon got a edge in the custody case, what does Tamra do-file for contempt against Simon all the while she is having sex parties on the show.  Does this woman even deserve a paycheck?  I think the only time it bothers her is when she has to write a check to Simon.

• Love 1

Tamra allegedly was a whiney nasty mess over her custody battle last season.  Simon has always claimed that Tamra's provocative behavior causes humiliation to the children. So after Simon got a edge in the custody case, what does Tamra do-file for contempt against Simon all the while she is having sex parties on the show.  Does this woman even deserve a paycheck?  I think the only time it bothers her is when she has to write a check to Simon.

Seriously? If her behavior on the show is so bad that she should or could lose custody of her kids then the Giudices should have lost their kids a long time ago. Or Brandi should have lost her custody of her boys, Kandi her daughter, Cynthia her daughter, Sonja her daughter, the list of HWs that could/should lose custody would be a very long list IMO.  As much as some want to believe that everything we see/hear on these HW shows is real, natural and spontaneous it is not.

• Love 3

Seriously? If her behavior on the show is so bad that she should or could lose custody of her kids then the Giudices should have lost their kids a long time ago. Or Brandi should have lost her custody of her boys, Kandi her daughter, Cynthia her daughter, Sonja her daughter, the list of HWs that could/should lose custody would be a very long list IMO.  As much as some want to believe that everything we see/hear on these HW shows is real, natural and spontaneous it is not.

I don't think anyone is saying Tamra should lose custody.  I think everyone is acknowledging that Tamra's antics can cause more than the standard amount of humiliation to her children. Much the same way all of the HW's you listed have and continue to cause humiliation for their children.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 6

Sorry! I had too much work and not enough sleep last night and brought up something that happened last season on Lizzie's birthday. I apologize for any confusion!

I do like her better as a friend of though. I think she's been great this season thus far!

• Love 6

Giudices are married so there is no custody issue before the court.  Brandi is always complaining that someone saying this or that about her could cause her to lose custody.  The general public cannot bring a custody case only the parents of the children.  The court cut a wide swath for entertainers because so much is scripted.  In Tamra's case at least one child complained of being humiliated by her mother's behavior, specifically the bathtub scene.  So what does Tamra do after being in therapy for a year with the kid (and apparently no progress) she throws a sex party.  Another brainless move was doing things such as bring up the Marry, Shag, Kill game.  Tamra is certainly entitled to free speech and her children are also able to express their displeasure.  I do believe there will come a day when Tamra has to make the same choices Brandi did-take the paycheck and play the mean spirited over sexualized, pot stirrer, lying buffoon or ask to be portrayed in a more flattering light and risk losing the paycheck.  They can promote CUT Fitness all they want but the fact remains it loses money and the Judge family runs on RHOC money.

• Love 3

Finally got to see this episode to the end. I loves me some Vicki, she is truly the OG, but she is way overreacting to everything. I think she is letting her own doubts about Brooks, whether it's his fidelity or honesty or whatever, come out in full force. And she smacked back in the lowest way she could, saying big mouthed Jim confessed to Brooks that the marriage is shaky. That's obvious, the way he shut Meghan down when she tried to bring him into the argument.

Meghan and Jim seem to be straight shooters to the point of sacrificing all tact for "THE TRUTH" . They are uncomfortable for me, the queen of kissing ass, to watch, but that doesn't mean their marriage is awful. I'm pretty sure it is just because he's a former elite athlete, usually spoiled by female(and male) adulation. But just because Jim talks straight to Meghan doesn't mean it's bad, it just means that's how Meghan formed their relationship in the beginning, allowing Jim to talk to her like that. Now it's their pattern, for better or worse.

I always judged a guy by how he treated the waitstaff. I wonder how Jim treats them.

• Love 2

Did anyone else notice that when Vicki was by the ladies room and was raging on about Meghan Tamra reached for her head with both hands?  I remember Tamra doing that to Shannon, (grabbing her face and putting her hand over her mouth too), when she was having a melt down at Lizzie's dinner party last season, Tamra has an odd way about her dealing with people who are upset.

• Love 4

Did anyone else notice that when Vicki was by the ladies room and was raging on about Meghan Tamra reached for her head with both hands?  I remember Tamra doing that to Shannon, (grabbing her face and putting her hand over her mouth too), when she was having a melt down at Lizzie's dinner party last season, Tamra has an odd way about her dealing with people who are upset.

I felt like that scene with Shannon last year was Tamra trying to prevent Shannon from saying something that would reveal exactly how much of a shit stirrer Tamra had been leading up to the dinner. She definitely wasn't trying calm Shannon down she was just trying to shut her up. 

• Love 5

I felt like that scene with Shannon last year was Tamra trying to prevent Shannon from saying something that would reveal exactly how much of a shit stirrer Tamra had been leading up to the dinner. She definitely wasn't trying calm Shannon down she was just trying to shut her up. 

Still lots of head grabbing going on.

But Shannon did act very calmly and reasonably the first time Meghan approached her about the hoedown. To me, it just felt like Meghan was continually baiting her. How many times did Meghan need to pull aside Shannon aside at a public gathering to hash things out? Meghan was the one who talked about being offended by the phone call. Shannon definitely got reactive, but I didn't see her as being out-of-the-blue mean to meghan for no reason.

• Love 7