Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: Sex, Lies & Leeches

• Start Topic

But - for people to say that Vicky doth protest too much, or the other housewives wondering why she's getting so riled up? I am TOTALLY Team Vicky on this. If someone accused my husband of faking something, especially something like cancer, and he was truly sick? I would LOSE MY SHIT. Like going to blows, physical violence kind of stuff. I would not be able to brush it off or laugh it off even once, let alone again and again as this bitch Meghan keeps doing. None of it is any of her business. Not his medical records, who is doctor is, what his treatment plan is, NOTHING.

I could say the same thing about Shannon.  Just because you give advice doesn't mean people are obligated to take it.  Maybe Brooks doesn't want to be associated with anyone in the medical field that is recommended by Shannon because of these other quacks,  I mean doctors, she's been associated with on the show.  The woman is a whackadoodle when it comes to these treatments she gets from these people.  I don't blame Brooks, I wouldn't trust her judgment either.

• Love 4

The woman is a whackadoodle when it comes to these treatments she gets from these people. I don't blame Brooks, I wouldn't trust her judgment either.

Brooks has been shown getting advice from a woman, not recommended by Shannon, who recommended forest showers, so I don't think he is opposed to whackadoodle medicine.

I think Heather defends Meghan because Terry thinks it's cool to be friends with a former baseball player (heck he even thought his daughter shoul remember being held by him once when she was one).

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9

When Jim is in the car on the way over he mentions that Meghan talks and is unable to listen.  I am still perplexed that after the CUT Fitness conversation where Meghan most certainly jumped and drove the Brooks is faking cancer train. How anyone could take away from that conversation that she was just concerned or trying to help Brooks. If you continually pick away at someone about a particularly painful, complex subject chances are you will get inconsistent statements.  It has more to do with guarding one's privacy than being duplicitous.  Sometimes there is no polite way to say, "mind your own business."  Shannon backed down after several attempts to "help" Brooks.  Vicki had asked several times for Meghan to butt out and it was Meghan who brought it up.  Vicki had given Meghan the courtesy of a text when she heard about it from Tamra. The other thing Meghan did that wasn't particularly honest was try and throw Shannon in front of the train. This wasn't Shannon's search for justice it was Tamra's and Meghan's. Shannon used her resources to offer Brooks help-Meghan appears to be on a witch hunt.  I do not know what she thought she could possibly gain by following this storyline.  It has to hurt that even her husband had withdrawn his support and rightfully.  So how are Meghan's actions helpful?  I am curious because Jim said, they do  not want our help. 

• Love 9

Had Vicki actually listen to someone and hear them out she may have realized that Meghan did tell Shannon it came from the psychic. And that was further fueled by Brooks discussion with the ladies at CUT when he was talking about the cancer he did not want to talk about on the show. Vicki subsequent tirades would be excusable, had Brooks said "I appreciate your concern, however my treatment is a private matter" vicki and Bravo cannot force him to disclose personal health information that is not already public. They can mention cancer but not his treatment.

Well, I guess because both Meghan & Jimmy have consistently acted like such ridiculous assholes, now I mostly assume they're always assholes.  And their motives on pretty much anything are suspect (to me).  But hmmmm, Idk, bust my buttons, maybe that's not entirely true?  

No, I didn't like Jimmy ordering Meghan to "zip it".  No woman should ever be spoken to that way by her husband.  Jimmy acted like an asshole in that moment (as usual).  But in the car, when he was speaking to Meghan, Jimmy was (surprise, surprise) actually making a lot of sense.  He said to Meghan that Vicks didn't want her help or concern & she should back off.  Makes sense to me, but why did he have to tell her that?  Why is Meghan butting her nose into Brooks' cancer?  I'm still suspect of Meghan's motives -- on anything & everything.  Er, cuz she's just such a shit-stirring nasty asshole.

And as far as Vicks being OTT?  Now I can see it.  Her reaction to Meghan's comments about Brooks' cancer was unbalanced.  What I mean is, Tams said the same things as Meghan (about Brooks' cancer) & it was Tams who egged on the psychic about Brooks' cancer.  And yet Vicks had no reaction to Tams about this, but she went nuts on Meghan.  Um, WTF?  What gives?  Lazy scriptwriting?

• Love 6

I bet he didn't give a shit if Shannon Beador came to that wine charity party either. I hate Meg for making me cheer for Vickie.  Vicks' "over the top" reactions to Megs might have something to do with her recent loss and her fear of further abandonment.  But she can check a bitch, can't she? Shannon is on her side repeating everything so she won't forget the next time Megs tries to meangirl her-- she came to the party without her glasses and notebook.

Loved the realization that Megan was a total fake in Lizzie's voice when she says "you don't even care that Vickie is upset!"

There's an interview with Meghan & asshole Jimmy from about a month ago on Youtube, which I posted in a thread for an earlier ep, where Jimmy admitted he was the one behind not inviting Shannon to their party.  Meghan insisted she agreed with this stance.  I think she said this so it didn't seem like how it actually was --- that asshole Jimmy ordered her not to invite Shannon to the party.

Actually, I was really expecting to see some kind of showdown between asshole Jimmy & Vicks.  That didn't happen.  Jimmy was very calm with Vicks.  Now, if Jimmy had heard Vicks' line about divorcing Meghan within 5 years, would he have stayed so calm?  Maybe.  It was a snotty (if funny) line, but nothing Vicks said to Jimmy seemed to phase him at all.

i'm kinda digging Lizzie this season.  In small doses, she's OK, I guess.

• Love 6

And as far as Vicks being OTT? Now I can see it. Her reaction to Meghan's comments about Brooks' cancer was unbalanced. What I mean is, Tams said the same things as Meghan (about Brooks' cancer) & it was Tams who egged on the psychic about Brooks' cancer. And yet Vicks had no reaction to Tams about this, but she went nuts on Meghan. Um, WTF? What gives? Lazy scriptwriting?

I think this is because Tamra was able to do damage control and spin her own narrative to Vicki before Vicki saw Meghan. That way Tamra was able to admit she was there, but absolved herself of any shit stirring, and left it all on Meghan's burly shoulders.

• Love 9

Did I hear Vicki say that Brooks couldn't make the party because he just got home from work?

Since when does Brooks work?

I've known more than a few people who have gone through chemo including my sister and not one of them was physically able to work while having their treatments.

It's doable, but probably dependant on the person, their diagnosis, and their circumstances. My aunt did it after being diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. She worked full-time during her chemo as the head of trauma for a large hospital in a major American city. My former boss was full-time as the medical director for a state agency, but she was pretty crap at the time. She had stage 4 colon cancer. The chemo left her exhausted, but the massive amount of bowel and large intestine she lost in the surgery was probably the biggest driver as to why she was so bad at her job during her treatment. It left her with massive GI issues that were not conducive for work.

• Love 3

There's an interview with Meghan & asshole Jimmy from about a month ago on Youtube, which I posted in a thread for an earlier ep, where Jimmy admitted he was the one behind not inviting Shannon to their party.  Meghan insisted she agreed with this stance.  I think she said this so it didn't seem like how it actually was --- that asshole Jimmy ordered her not to invite Shannon to the party.

For some reason I think it was more along the lines of "If she bothers you so much/If you are so worried she will cause a scene Meghan, don't invite her to the party." Not that I am such a big Jimmy fan but viewing his reaction to Vickie vs. the situation with Shannon-- It just seems like he provided cover for Megs.

• Love 4

Vicki this season reminds me of Ramona (those two must be related). Like Ramona, Vicki walked into the season with a storyline guaranteed to bring some sympthy. Not only having her mother die, but learn about it on camera, and then have the supposed love of her life fighting for his life against cancer, should have given her all the sympathy a gal would need to have a great season. She ruined the opportunity by being herself.

Has any HW on any franchise ever had so many public battles with the house husbands? She got into it with Slade, Simon, and now Jimmy.

• Love 15

Ok, so Michael is now my favorite "character" on any of the RH franchises.  A few years back some had speculated that Michael was so over Vicki and her dramatics. Remember when she surprised him with a visit while he was at college on game day? Well, it looks like they were right.  It seems Mike is indeed over it.  LOL.  Just as Vicki was about to bring the dinner down with talk of missing grandma, he inquired about appetizers.  When she was about to go on about being a 50 something year old orphan, Mike reminded her about less fortunate people who'd lost their parents as children, but Vicki had her mother for decades, and didn't have to suffer through watching her mother with a drawn out illness.  Michael likes Brooks, and Brianna doesn't.  Vicki's mother and Uncle Billy liked Brooks and Brianna doesn't.  Hmmm...

Jim is so over Meghan.  He's just biding his time.  He has the best of both worlds.  Lots of time away from Meghan, and babysitter for his daughter in SoCal.  When it's no longer convenient, he'll move on to wife #4.    I'm glad Vicki let them both have it. 

ETA: Tamra, having a sex themed party is the stuff that embarrasses your daughter and builds Simon's case against your mothering his children. 

I'm just watching this now and freaking loved Michael.  So many gems from that lunch.  From the appetizer cut-off, to telling her that (1) it's better she didn't suffer and get sick before, (2) she lived a long life, (3) his friends have lost their parents at a young age.  He really cut through all of her bullshit.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 22

It's doable, but probably dependant on the person, their diagnosis, and their circumstances. My aunt did it after being diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. She worked full-time during her chemo as the head of trauma for a large hospital in a major American city. My former boss was full-time as the medical director for a state agency, but she was pretty crap at the time. She had stage 4 colon cancer. The chemo left her exhausted, but the massive amount of bowel and large intestine she lost in the surgery was probably the biggest driver as to why she was so bad at her job during her treatment. It left her with massive GI issues that were not conducive for work.

It's doable indeed.  My husband was diagnosed 2 years ago with Stage 4 colon cancer as well.  The only time he's taken off from work forw were for his Dr.'s appointments and recovery from 2 surgeries.  He has his moments of nausea but he takes omaprazole and it works pretty quickly.  So it's doable although I remember him saying at one of his chemo treatments that the nurses were amazed he's done so well and is still working because many people don't.

• Love 5

Okay, I am officially ready for cancer-gate to be over. I have my suspicions about Brooks, but a psychic's random opinion means nothing to me and if that, and the fact that he chooses not to pursue chemo, is all you've got, it's time to move on. Megan can STFU, because she is NOT coming from a good place. She was completely catty and gleeful upon hearing something that might mean Brooks is lying. She doesn't know Brooks, and she doesn't care. She just wants to stick it to Vicki. And it's really gross, to me, how she's using Leann's cancer as a reason why she supposedly cares about everybody's cancer. It's just gross. Stop it. 

I love how these women think they're all discreet with their chorus of "I have to go the bathroom". Just say, "I'm getting up from the table now to talk shit about you in the other room" and be done with it!

LOVED Michael at dinner with Vicki. Finally some perspective - Nana had a long life and she died peacefully in her sleep. Be grateful! I'm sorry Vicki lost her mom, but it could have been so much worse. I don't want to begrudge anyone their grieving, but I feel like she's just dragging this out for attention and it's really grating. 

What the hell was Dr. Moon doing to Shannon? Is he going to jump start her? He must have done something because she was raring to go at that sex party. 

Speaking of which, thank goodness Tamra didn't get the dates of her weird fetish party and the baptism mixed up. That could have been awkward! I actually think the "It's a sex tape! Oh wait, they're just working out" concept is pretty clever and funny. I just would have preferred seeing someone else moaning and groaning besides Gramballs and shiny Eddie. 

WTF is up with Terry and Heather leeching themselves???? So creepy. I mean, to each their own, but at least keep your leechy asses at home until you stop bleeding! Who walks around a party with maxi pads duct taped to their abdomens??? Again - creepy!!!!

Jimmy is a prick, but I was with him last night. Megan should not have dragged him into that. Who wants to be screeched at by Vicki for 30 minutes straight? It was hilarious how Jim looked like he could give 2 fucks what was being said about Megan. He didn't want to appear entirely aloof for the cameras, but there was no passion behind anything he said. He was just going through the motions. 

• Love 18

Actually, I was really expecting to see some kind of showdown between asshole Jimmy & Vicks.  That didn't happen.  Jimmy was very calm with Vicks.  Now, if Jimmy had heard Vicks' line about divorcing Meghan within 5 years, would he have stayed so calm?  Maybe.  It was a snotty (if funny) line, but nothing Vicks said to Jimmy seemed to phase him at all.

I think that if Jimmy had heard Vicki's line about their being divorced in five years he would have laughed. I think Jimmy has been ready to dump Meghan soon after they married.. Most men are smart enough to know never to actually marry the 'ho' they have an affair with. Jimmy and Meghan are miserable when they're together and they both deserve it because basically they're both unhappy, shallow people.

• Love 7

Vicki is an a$$ that hates newbies

My guess is that she's so tied to being the OG she can't stand the concept of possible competition or any threat to her position/paycheck, such as it is. Insecurity, thy name art Vicki.

She attacks before anyone else can attack her then plays the victim when anyone hits back.

• Love 10

David really gave me the creeps in that scene with Shannon in their bedroom. His coloring is...different. He can look so wan and washed out even though he's "tan" too. It is odd. His voice is eerie as are the "yes dears".

He seemed so phony with his, "I really tried to give you a great birthday Shannon. I'm sorry it wasn't good enough for you dear." Such a passive aggressive dick. He knew damn well she wanted something fancier than a sports bar, esp after promising her a special birthday. He is one mean dude underneath. Also, it has been said a million times but what kind of a sicko tells their wife they slept with the "other woman" on the wife's bday?? (To add insult to injury it was her 50th, a hard milestone for a woman) I don't care if she begged him for information! He is rotten to the core.

I think the way Jimmy talks to Meghan is horrible. But....I also think Meghan is just a horrible human being. She seems as cold as ice to me. She probably seemed warm and loving when Jimmy was having the affair with her but soon after her mask began to slip and now he realizes that he accidentally married a sociopathic bitch.

Heather and Terry are just freaks. On a million levels; the leeches are just the tip of the iceberg. I didn't get to say last episode that Heather's level of pretension never fails to astonish me. What a self-important POS that thinks a group of her friends really wanted to traipse through the hotel she's building so they could ooh and ahh to her. The Dubrows really take the cake of wanting to shove their wealth and luck to live such a priviledged life, down people's throats. Fuck off.

• Love 20

When Vicki was telling Sushi Girl that she needs an education, I was thinking that Vicki might do well to get an education herself. I'm really not sure why she thinks so highly of herself. Even after--especially after--all these years of watching her.

Does Vicki have an education? I don't think so. It doesn't seem so to me.

• Love 17

I'm missing where wearing these shiny fake wigs are supposed to be sexy.

On other note Jimmy could not get enough sushi.  Meg needs to flesh herself out a little or that divorce may come sooner than later. 

• Love 6

I am still shaking my head at Tamra's party, her wardrobe choice and her reaction to dildos as being the newest, naughtiest thing out there, oh please. Eddie not knowing what a sex swing is? Really? (They are fun).  Could Tamra repeat "sex party" a few more times 'cause someone might not have known it was a sex party. 

• Love 5

I'm mentally high-fiving those of you giving Ka-DOOZ to Michael. He still has the personality of a doorknob, but he was the MVP of the episode. Lizzie is a runner-up though.  Mostly because she didn't annoy me like the rest of these ladies. Anywho, I love that Michael shut Vicki down before she could get all drama queen about her mom again. He basically isn't afraid to say to her what most of the ladies are. 

I've always gotten a gay vibe from Jimmy Edmonds.

I'm not getting this at all. I get a jerk vibe. I get a misogynist vibe.  I get an absentee dad vibe. But not gay.  I mean, what's her face's husband from last season (that lady who was supposed to be a housewife and went of vaca with them but never actually got to speak)?  Yeah, my radar pinged big time with him.  I'm just wondering why people say they get a "gay vibe" from Jim. Jim Edmonds, that is.

I hate Meghan and loved the way "JIMMY" gave her the verbal smackdown.
The two most cringe-worthy things Meghan said for me were,

"Honey. Honey .... I'm your wife. Oh, you, uh.... you got this?"

And

"You know how I am about JUSTICE."

STFU Meghan, you are the WORST.

Ehhh still think that title belongs to Vicki.  But agree to disagree!

Let me preface what I'm about to say with this disclaimer: I don't really think Brooks has cancer. At least not in real time or during filming and I'm pretty sure they're inflating it for a story line.

But - for people to say that Vicky doth protest too much, or the other housewives wondering why she's getting so riled up? I am TOTALLY Team Vicky on this. If someone accused my husband of faking something, especially something like cancer, and he was truly sick? I would LOSE MY SHIT. Like going to blows, physical violence kind of stuff. I would not be able to brush it off or laugh it off even once, let alone again and again as this bitch Meghan keeps doing. None of it is any of her business. Not his medical records, who is doctor is, what his treatment plan is, NOTHING.

Hmmm.  See if  my partner had cancer and was fighting for his life, I'd seriously be so upset and worried that I wouldn't give 2 shits that somebody I barely knew thought that he was "faking it."

Furthermore, let it again be said that MEGAN didn't say he did not have cancer.  The psychic did!!

Vicki is caught, and she's trying to slime her way out of it. Pretending to break up with Brooks is part of this, too. They never thought they'd be exposed, so they keep changing their story, and figuring out a new game plan to counter the con. Notice how Vicki cites HIPAA laws in her blog - it's always been my theory that Vicki and Brooks thought their con was full-proof b/c of HIPAA laws. (And they're right. Unless one of them fesses up, we'll never know the truth). It's a small thing, but I also noticed how Vicki stated that Brooks is doing a one day a week vegetable juicing diet, whereas on the show, Brooks talked about fruit smoothies. I guess they got called out, so they're changing the story. Vicki is a liar face. So is Brooks. I just hope a more worthy adversary than Meghan takes them on.

This is my line of thinking. Not to mention that her shrieking last night about him being her "best friend" - and whatever else when they were in the bathroom at Heather's house - does not jive at all with this recent breakup.  Like, can you imagine?  Your husband or boyfriend has stage 3 cancer and you are just beside yourself with worry and grief. So the next logical conclusion is... to dump him?  No.  Does not compute.

Brooks has always worked.  He is in the health insurance field.  He just seems to be available a lot for filming.

He may have worked before.  But I can't find any information proving that he still works.  Where did you find that?

Vicki' s reaction to everything is OTT so I see nothing weird for HER about the way she reacts to Brooks cancer.

To Vicki' s credit she didn't just say that Brianna would be fine if she died because of the insurance she said "you and Brianna" would be fine. It's funny how she wants her mom to be alive for emotional support for her but thinks for her kids it will be only about the money.

I can't deal with a grown woman saying she has to go to "the potty."

OMG. Saying "go to the potty" is just one example of so, so many that both Vicki and Tamra both have the mentality of children.  So ridiculous and annoying.

It's what a belly button looks like after it's secured back in place, following a tummy tuck. I think Sonja Morgan looks like she's had the procedure.

Sonja definitely had one.  She admitted it on season 4.  I have no doubt that Heather has one too.  I actually kinda like the woman, but she is vain as hell.

• Love 9

STILL freaking out about the intentional leeches. They are known to be used in some medical purposes for dead skin and wound healing (as well as maggots) but on purpose to put it what remains on your face to look younger WTH?

What is next, the ancient art of blood letting to cure illness? CRIPES!

You know what would make Heather look younger?  Gaining about 20 pounds and wiping 50% of the black make-up she constantly wears.  

When Vicki was telling Sushi Girl that she needs an education, I was thinking that Vicki might do well to get an education herself. I'm really not sure why she thinks so highly of herself. Even after--especially after--all these years of watching her.

Does Vicki have an education? I don't think so. It doesn't seem so to me.

That was so obnoxious.  

For all she knows, this woman could have her Masters in any topic but is supplementing her income.  Laying down being a work of art for sushi is a lot less embarrassing that pimping out your entire life for a check by being a RHO.  

I wish that woman would've just told her to fuck off.

• Love 17

David really gave me the creeps in that scene with Shannon in their bedroom. His coloring is...different. He can look so wan and washed out even though he's "tan" too. It is odd. His voice is eerie as are the "yes dears".

He seemed so phony with his, "I really tried to give you a great birthday Shannon. I'm sorry it wasn't good enough for you dear." Such a passive aggressive dick. He knew damn well she wanted something fancier than a sports bar, esp after promising her a special birthday. He is one mean dude underneath. Also, it has been said a million times but what kind of a sicko tells their wife they slept with the "other woman" on the wife's bday?? (To add insult to injury it was her 50th, a hard milestone for a woman) I don't care if she begged him for information! He is rotten to the core.

Given that Shannon demanded a list of restaurants he's been with his side piece, I have no doubt that she went through all of those times when his disappearance was suspicious and then made him admit to every time he had an indiscretion with her.

I wonder if the birthday dinner pisses Shannon off more because she's been trying to convince herself that this indiscretion of his is the best thing to happen to her marriage because he's being attentive to her now so she takes the sports bar as "not caring."  I don't think David did anything a man wouldn't do with 10 year-olds.  They wanted to be included in the birthday celebration so he took them to a place where the kids wouldn't feel stuffy.  Was it stupid?  Yes.  But I don't think it's necessarily evil either.  But Shannon acted (and continues to act) like a petulant child.  She could've said to him, "I'm sure you took me here because you wanted the girls to enjoy the atmosphere, so we'll celebrate my birthday just the two of us somewhere more romantic..."  But instead, she sulked over this for how long?  

I love Shannon, but she's so kooky it's hard for me to imagine ANYONE staying faithful to her.  I also think she's a closet alcoholic.  It's bad enough that her kid mentioned drinking during the pow wow.  I think she's got some deep seated emotional issues that she needs to get help for and these don't really involve the affair.

And I would bet you that David really married his mother.  I bet she is exactly like Shannon which attracted to her to him initially and now he really wants out but knows divorce will kill him financially and he won't see his girls.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 7

I don't even know Jim personally and I figured he was going to be pissed that he was dragged into that argument. There a lot of men who don't like to get involved when their gfs/wives are having issues with another woman. Unless the argument involved something Jim did or said, he shouldn't have been asked to join the conversation. Meghan is a big girl and can take care of herself. Clearly, Jim was pissed that she did that.

Leech therapy can be quite amazing when used in an appropriate way, but I did not understand what the hell Heather was talking about. How was the leeching going to make her look more youthful? She said something about the remains being put on her face. As an aside, Demi has had a shit ton of work done. She looks pretty good, but I'm sure it wasn't leech therapy alone that got her there.

I was meh on Lizzie last season, but I enjoy her on this season. I liked how sensible she was while speaking to Meghan and how point-blank said that Meghan didn't care how Vicki felt.

• Love 7

I almost forgot one of the best lines of the night. On the drive over, Megan "worried" that no one would recognize her. I guess she was trying to get Jim...Edmonds to say something nice to her. Well, we all know how that kind of thing goes.

And then Jim...Edmonds said, "You're the only 6-foot woman there," or something like that. Good times. Good times, I tell you!

• Love 22

Okay, I am officially ready for cancer-gate to be over. I have my suspicions about Brooks, but a psychic's random opinion means nothing to me and if that, and the fact that he chooses not to pursue chemo, is all you've got, it's time to move on. Megan can STFU, because she is NOT coming from a good place. She was completely catty and gleeful upon hearing something that might mean Brooks is lying. She doesn't know Brooks, and she doesn't care. She just wants to stick it to Vicki. And it's really gross, to me, how she's using Leann's cancer as a reason why she supposedly cares about everybody's cancer. It's just gross. Stop it. 

What cracks me up is how much creedence was given to the bullshit Bravo pyschic storyling jumpstarter that occurs EVERY RHO SHOW EVER.  Jimmy saying that if it were him and a pyschic made that comment he'd demand to see medical records.  I wonder how long it would take before my husband's oncologist would want to send me to a mental health facility if I came down to the practice and told him I demand to see my husband's medical records because a pyschic told me he didn't have cancer.  

I almost forgot one of the best lines of the night. On the drive over, Megan "worried" that no one would recognize her. I guess she was trying to get Jim...Edmonds to say something nice to her. Well, we all know how that kind of thing goes.

And then Jim...Edmonds said, "You're the only 6-foot woman there," or something like that. Good times. Good times, I tell you!

I know. I'm kinda hoping for a Meghan and Jim spinoff "Dont be Tardy to the Non-Party of a Marriage."

• Love 9

I forgot to say this last week:  How is taking off a harder sole shoe, and replacing it with flimsy slippers, interpreted as safer in a construction zone?  Heidi Klum and Zac Posen recently stepped on nails on Project Runway.  Ouch!

Has any HW on any franchise ever had so many public battles with the house husbands? She got into it with Slade, Simon, and now Jimmy.

Didn't Brandi fight with Paul, Mauricio, and Ken? 

I agree, she's great in smaller doses.  It helps that she hasn't emasculated her hubbie so far this season.

• Love 6

I found this sloppy handwritten note from Meghan to Vicki and Brooks after they sent flowers following Leann's death.  I am not sure where the flowers were sent but strange to send flowers to the ex-husband and new bride.  I can't decipher the note "in _____ of our recent loss".  https://twitter.com/brooksayers   So Vicki was at the very least courteous to Jim and Meghan following "their loss".

I can't isolate the note-it is the bottom right hand photo on the left hand side of Brooks twitter page.  There are six pictures and it would be the sixth.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

Another thing. Man, they keep coming to me:

David talks to Shannon in a very creepy way. He talks the way a psychiatric nurse might speak to a mental patient, very quietly and without emotion, like he's afraid he'll set her off. And I do believe he's saying exactly what he thinks she wants to hear. I'm sure he would speak in low tones, too, were he capable of that. He is looking less and less hot to me as the episodes pass, and more and more like a viper. With snake eyes, even.

Anyone remember the line in the movie Night of the Living Dead: "They're coming to get you, Bah-bara"?

That's what David sounds like to me. Very creepy indeed.

• Love 13

Funny, there's no mention of leech treatments when Terry and Heather are selling his potions and elixirs on EVINE; Heather attributes her great skin solely to using Terry's products.  :-)

Ha, if Heather was the advertisement for any of Terry's products or surgery, I would run as far away as possible.  

• Love 7

I found this sloppy handwritten note from Meghan to Vicki and Brooks after they sent flowers following Leann's death.  I am not sure where the flowers were sent but strange to send flowers to the ex-husband and new bride.  I can't decipher the note "in _____ of our recent loss".  https://twitter.com/brooksayers   So Vicki was at the very least courteous to Jim and Meghan following "their loss".

I can't isolate the note-it is the bottom right hand photo on the left hand side of Brooks twitter page.  There are six pictures and it would be the sixth.

It says "in leiu of our recent loss." So add Meghan to the cast of uneducated characters. She misspelled and misused the phrase. (And now I must go make sure that I spelled "misspelled" correctly.) 

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 11

Another thing. Man, they keep coming to me:

David talks to Shannon in a very creepy way. He talks the way a psychiatric nurse might speak to a mental patient, very quietly and without emotion, like he's afraid he'll set her off. And I do believe he's saying exactly what he thinks she wants to hear. I'm sure he would speak in low tones, too, were he capable of that. He is looking less and less hot to me as the episodes pass, and more and more like a viper. With snake eyes, even.

Anyone remember the line in the movie Night of the Living Dead: "They're coming to get you, Bah-bara"?

That's what David sounds like to me. Very creepy indeed.

In addition to sounding like he's talking with a mental patient or a child, it also sounds like he's parroting what their therapists has told him when they argue.

And he does look like hell.  Too skinny and he looks like he's aged 20 years since his affair was made public.  Or maybe Terry and Heather's leeches sucked all the blood from his body.

• Love 12
I found this sloppy handwritten note from Meghan to Vicki and Brooks after they sent flowers following Leann's death.  I am not sure where the flowers were sent but strange to send flowers to the ex-husband and new bride.  I can't decipher the note "in _____ of our recent loss".  https://twitter.com/brooksayers  So Vicki was at the very least courteous to Jim and Meghan following "their loss".

It looks like it says, "Thank you for the lovely floral arrangement in lieu of our recent loss". So the flowers were intended to replace Leann? Megan always tries to act/sound more classy and mature than she really is. 

She's about JUSTICE, damnit!

• Love 24

I'm missing where wearing these shiny fake wigs are supposed to be sexy.

Exactly!! I was wondering if I missed the portion of "wear your sexiest outfit and A CHEAP, TACKY WIG" Looked so friggin absurd. Shannon would have looked so much better without the purple disaster on her head.

• Love 2

The whole idea that David can make up for Shannon's bad 50th birthday by giving her good memories to replace them can only work if Shannon allows herself to have a good time. Obviously, being together with her family wasn't a magic cure, maybe because being with David right now isn't fun for her? As a couple they don't seem to laugh or enjoy themselves together, just dreary dreary dreary where is the vodka dreary dreary drudge frown etc. Shannon is an Eeyore right now, and David is not her Winnie the Pooh.  Maybe, on a future birthday if the family is still together, she can get that replacement memory feeling, but demanding that it happen right away is a set up for failure, which is what we saw go down. 

Anyone think Brooks broke up with Vicki?  Maybe the guy does have a backbone and seeing his cancer become a screaming point made him walk?  Why are we assuming he would never get fed up with her? Vicki would rather die than be seen as being dumped.

Jim Edmonds and Megan's marriage makes me cringe. And what is wrong with his face? It never moves, is he all botoxed up too? 

• Love 9

Ewwww Heather & Terry.  I really thought that Heather staged the bloody leak so that it would make it on camera.  The way both of them were showing it off was just a look at me attempt.    H & T really have nothing else going for them this season but the house.  Heather isn't involved in any sort of interesting drama that I can recall.  

Couldn't they have picked something less disgusting to get attention?

• Love 12

I never really cared for Lizzie until this episode.  Her saying....she's asking you to stop talking about it.....was spot on.  Lizzie was a rock star in this episode.

Meghan and Heather can both STFU.  Meghan saying that everyone talks about cancer is the dumbest thing I ever heard.  Both my parents and my Aunt passed away from camcer and my cousin is battling it now and not one of them talked about it or wanted everyone to know.  I am the daughter, niece and cousin and they wouldn't talk about it with me so why in the world would Vickie talk about with Meghan, someone she just met.  Ridiculous.  And Heather saying the Vickie was acting over the top was equally ridiculous.  I felt Vickie's anger and would probably reacted the same.  It's no one's business to be discussing this matter if Vickie or Brooks don't want to discuss it.  Shut up!! 

• Love 10

very telling in the limo after the party he keeps fiddling with his wedding ring, like he wanted to take it off and throw it out the window

• Love 14

I'm not getting this at all. I get a jerk vibe. I get a misogynist vibe.  I get an absentee dad vibe. But not gay.  I mean, what's her face's husband from last season (that lady who was supposed to be a housewife and went of vaca with them but never actually got to speak)?  Yeah, my radar pinged big time with him.  I'm just wondering why people say they get a "gay vibe" from Jim. Jim Edmonds, that is.

Someone who is a gay can also be the above. 

Edited by getaway
  • Love 3
nd Heather saying the Vickie was acting over the top was equally ridiculous.  I felt Vickie's anger and would probably reacted the same.  It's no one's business to be discussing this matter if Vickie or Brooks don't want to discuss it.  Shut up!!

Not only did I feel Vicki's reaction was warranted, but Heather was so wrong in saying this was OTT for Vicki. Has she not seen the family van episode? What about when she almost brought on avalanche screaming at Laurie about threesomes? This was pretty calm by Vicki standards.

• Love 9

Yes, Shannon DID snicker. Although in her blog tonight she says she was not happy when Vicki said it but that is not how she reacted during filming.

I also agree that Shannon has been questioning Brooks and his treatment choices as if he was up to no good as well without coming straight out and saying it. She has said several times that she just doesn't understand why Brooks has not gone to the Dr. she researched/recommended to him when he is not happy with his current treatment plan several times. She is also the one that tried to tell Vicki that Meghan questioned Brooks having cancer to begin with and although Shannon did not tell her what Meghan said to her, she set Meghan up for the entire blame, thus removing the real culprit Tamra from Vicki's anger/verbal assault.

Yes, Tamra is getting a pass on this and she is playing Meghan and Vicki for all they are worth IMO.

So true. While everyone is going on about their Meghan hate, they are missing the point that Tamra has yet again gotten away with her shenanigans. Yes, Meghan is awful but does anyone recall their grievance with Tammy Sue from last season? Nope. So Tamra wins again.

• Love 6

It's no one's business to be discussing this matter if Vickie or Brooks don't want to discuss it.  Shut up!! 

If Vicki didn't want anyone to talk/question/have an opinion about Brooks/cancer then she should have done as Brooks, himself, requested and NOT talk about it on camera at all. Instead, Vicki convinced Brooks that they needed to share this on the show and, IMO, she did so because she needed a storyline for this season. If you remove Vicki's mothers unexpected death, she had nothing to offer the producers as a storyline this season, hence her push to use Brooks cancer battle. Sorry, but she knows how the show works and how the producers can and will twist things to up the drama/fighting on the show, so SHAME on Vicki for putting her needs before Brooks health and need for privacy.

• Love 11

I was going to mention that moment too.

Then (para phrasing here) in her TH Meghan gets all uppity about how proud she is that she is a straight shooter but how she didn't like what he said, that he was being hurtful.... but wasn't he just being a straight shooter too? I mean, she IS the tallest one in 'the group'.

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 5

I usually watch housewife shows to not think..yet this season has given me so much to think about. It's very sad and somber. Though I have to admit their cast trip looked pretty fun..80 percent fun and 20 percent discussion and arguments (ehich weren't really arguments ).

Still I'm wondering if shannon should have taken the year off or been a friend of? Where she can do all the fun stuff but not have to do the petty drama stuff. Lizzie is having fun doing that...so why not.

http://www.chicagonow.com/confessions-coffeeholic/2015/07/real-housewives-hazardous-to-health/

• Love 4