Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Episode 6

• Start Topic

Samantha and Joe are confronted about their relationship and their history together. Later, Ashley S.'s hopes to reconcile with Dan are dashed when her best friend Amber arrives and asks Dan out. Also: J.J. and Megan enjoy a date on a yacht.

In Samantha's Talking Heads, she looked so bedraggled, and she always speaks like she's on sedatives. And Joe sent Tanner a screenshot of a text from Samantha?...that action alone is really loserish. Maybe the text included a skank-pic and Joe thought he'd earn bro points. Still lame.   I'm over hearing the housemates  confront Joe about using Juellia. They need to realize that expecting a mentally distorted person to have a rational conversation and take someone else's point of view is a lost cause. 

Speaking of bedraggled...Amber. If I was on tv (I wouldn't touch reality shows with a 10-ft. pole, but I'd love to be on a game show), you better believe that I'd be getting some serious hair treatments. And the hair products would be within reach if I was subjected to humidity. Looks like there's no hair and makeup team in Paradise.

JJ: "I'm really glad to be with Megan, even though we're really different intellectually." Wait, what? Hey, JJ you're supposed to keep some thoughts to yourself.

Edited by CoolWhipLite
  • Love 6

Fuck you JJ, you ugly quagmire looking bigot.   Joe is not a hillbilly.   A real hillbilly doesn't sit around muttering about brass knuckles, he just drops your ass when needed.   You're both punk asses, but fuck you and kiss my hillbilly ass.

I feel better now.

Oh amber, you shopped in the same muskrat hat store as Juella.  Pretty girl, awful, matted greenish rats nest on your head.

Why oh why doesn't Jared give Juellia a rose if he's so concerned?   Because he's hot, she's fug, and he's waiting for a better opportunity.    Isn't the point of the show to hook up?   Joe's an ass, Sam's an ass, just let them be asses together. 

• Love 8

Did Joe tell Juelia he watched her season? I don't recall that. I remember him saying "do you have a son or a daughter" and somehow she interpreted that as "he looked me up before he came here." Yikes, what a lunatic.

My husband walked through the room during the scene where they were in some bedroom with those bunk beds and he was like what is this place, what is that ceiling?! Looks like their actual rooms are shitty.

• Love 6

What was that weird, shitty looking cave room they were keeping Joe in?    Not that they shouldn't keep him in a cave, but it was really shitty looking with no windows and an electrical cord just hanging out of the wall. 

• Love 5

I'm from West Virginia and call myself a hillbilly all the time, but when someone else does it, particularly someone who clearly thinks he's superior based on nothing more than geography, it becomes a little bit like a racial slur.   Just shut up JJ.  Quit worrying about how Joe treats women and try going out with one without putting down her intellect and rating  her boobs on TV.

• Love 16

They need to move on from the whole Joe-Samantha thing. Why is it that no one can seem to say what is really bothering them?  The whole lot of them talk in circles. No one is going to break Joe, especially when they can't just come out and say what they mean. 

Amber definitely needs to just let her hair be curly. Paradise is not place to try and straighten curly locks. Even my straight hair would be wigging out there. 

I love Ashley S. I actually think she's one of the sanest ones on the show. 

Edited by jackjill89
  • Love 5

I'm over hearing the housemates  confront Joe about using Juellia. They need to realize that expecting a mentally distorted person to have a rational conversation and take someone else's point of view is a lost cause. 

Right?! How ridiculous. The one thing I did enjoy about Joe was how he kept telling them how stupid it all was! When Joe is the only one offering accurate commentary on an event, times are REAL tough.

I knew they were hiding the ratty summer camp rooms somewhere! That looked awful.

And still no rose ceremony?? What the hell.

• Love 12
Looks like there's no hair and makeup team in Paradise.

Agree. I'm guessing Ashley S is doing her own hair and makeup, because even in the shots where she's hanging out in obvious humidity she still looks relatively fresh. She's really the only one who looks consistently good.

And yes, Ashley S can do way better than Dan. I still think Chris Harrison has a thing for her. He even joked on the last After Paradise about not wanting to do any more shows without Ashley S.

This season's conflicts makes me feel mildly uncomfortable rather than intrigued. The Juelia/Samantha dynamic. Joe/everyone. Jared/Ashley I/Clare. It's bad drama.

Edited by kazza
  • Love 8

I wish there was a rose ceremony -- this one didn't have a whole lot of content and without anyone going home I'll have a hard time remembering anything that went on.

Joe is a douche. Samantha is icy. Jade/JuELia are harpies. Ashley S is flaky. I'm bored.

Is it next week yet?

• Love 3

JJ, I'm pretty sure no actual hillbillies will ever make it on a show produced by Mike Fleiss. Every one of these people have million-dollar smiles and slammin bods (even Joe's dad bod is pretty fine by real-world standards).

JJ rebounded for me, though, with his circuitous True Detective "Time is a flat circle" reference concerning Joe's deflection. I was dying, picturing JJ as Woody Harrelson and Joe as Rust Cole, driving around in a 4-wheeler in paradise and reciting Nick Pizzolatto's dialogue. Thanks for that, JJ. I haven't laughed so hard all day. JJ was my MVP tonight for that.

And Tanner just wins at life. His talking head snippets are gold. I kind of wish he'd be the next Bachelor. He seems real and sarcastic and rational, so obviously, he was probably never considered. 

Juelia needs to stop crying. If my friend responded to me that way after I told her the guy currently macking on her just played me, I'd be straight up pissed, not a weepy mess. Get mad! By the way, why is Jade next to her constantly like a nursemaid? I'm pretty sure no one needs an interpreter here. Samantha as a friend was totally cold and pompous to Juelia, gushing about her connection with Joe and unceremoniously shutting down her friend. Ew. 

Joe's a douche and a half. I'd be happy to let Samantha walk blithely on and get played by him. I can't believe half the season has been spent on him. That's a real head-scratcher for me. I really do think he's just playing a role and trying to "vill" and it's just a bonus that he gets to do it with one of the hottest women ever to appear on the franchise.

Please give me more Claire. 

Ashley S. is stunningly beautiful. I don't think she's that crazy. 

Joe and Samantha's convo was so sketchy, it looked staged. No one who's already been on a reality show is that dense. There are so many layers of deception here. 

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 2

Wouldn't the budget be smaller if they found an actual dead horse to flog into a million pieces and simply filmed that?

Joe.  Juelia.  Samantha.  Rinse.  Repeat.  Make photocopies.  Make exact digital copies.  I can't take another week of this non-story.

Juelia got used for a day and a rose.  She's gullible.  She learned a lesson the hard way.  The End.

Edited by Rainsong
  • Love 19

I'm from West Virginia and call myself a hillbilly all the time, but when someone else does it, particularly someone who clearly thinks he's superior based on nothing more than geography, it becomes a little bit like a racial slur. Just shut up JJ. Quit worrying about how Joe treats women and try going out with one without putting down her intellect and rating her boobs on TV.

"That hillbilly picks like Earl Scruggs-Compliment

"That hillbilly stomps like D Ray White-Compliment

JJ sucks, and a real hillbilly would kick his ass up so high he'd have to take his shirt off to shit. Wonky ass sigoggled headed fucker.

There. Now I'm really better. And punk rock was invented so to speak in by God West Virginia.

All these guys taking up for Juelua, yet not interested enough to actually waste time getting to know her. I think they're jealous that ugly ass Joe got with Sam, who is apparently a hot chick in BN.

• Love 3

Tonight was almost ground hog day from last night. Gees. Move on people!

I get that JJ really is superior intellectually to Megan but to just declare it? Oy!

I can't help it...Dan is so freaking hot. Dayum. Sorry/shallow time

I miss Claire. Didn't miss Tenley at all. Wondering are these people just so fixated on Joe and Sam, etc out of utter boredom?

Edited by TiredMe
  • Love 3

If Samantha and Juelia are such good friends, then obviously Samantha knew exactly the kind of hyper-emotional and childishly delusional person Juelia is.  I actually thought it was smart for her to say "Let's find Joe & you both tell me what happened."  I agree that supporting friends is extremely important, but I thought Samantha was trying to be fair and impartial, knowing that stress, emotions and miscommunication runs rampant on those shows.  Juelia just took it as Samantha siding with Joe over her.  Not to say she didn't, but Juelia didn't know that at the time.  She just expected blind loyalty from Samantha.  

• Love 5

somehow she interpreted that as "he looked me up before he came here." Yikes, what a lunatic

Exactly.  And she also seemed convinced that Joe asked her out on the date, when she actually volunteered!   

Juelia's "memories" of many interactions she had with Joe seem to be completely different from what we actually saw play out.  She's very good at revising history.  Idiot. 

• Love 13

Did Joe really come off that well on his season? Everyone expected him to be a ball of laughs, and tonight someone said he used to be America's sweetheart.

They were taping BiP while The Bachelorette was still airing, so they hadn't seen much of him at this point. So maybe that was part of it?

• Love 2

I've had enough of the Joe and Samantha Wrap Their Arms and Legs Around Each Other in the Water Show.  Disgusting.

Yawn. Did our journey to tru love advance any tonight? I vote no.  It was kind of just like the extended dance mix of last night's episode.  Still, the previews leave me wanting more. 

• Love 2

I liked Joe a little at the time for one reason: he seemed really indifferent to Kaitlyn (though willing to say whatever was needed to stay on the show). That worked for me, as I couldn't stand her and couldn't understand all these guys who were so "in love" with her.

That said, I think both Kaitlyn and Andi (another b-ette I dislike) would stand out in this group. I think Kaitlyn would be more active and try to get guys to do something (even if it was non-stop skinny-dipping in the ocean) and Andi could carry a conversation, though I guess that would mean talking with Clare, JJ or Tanner. Ashley S would be nice to talk with imo, but I think Andi wouldn't bother.

I wish this group was (1) hotter and (2) smarter (but I would settle for #2). Is that really so much to ask? Another week with these people belaboring the Joe - Julia - Samantha (non) love triangle will be unbearable!

Edited by Padma
  • Love 4

I liked Joe a little at the time for one reason: he seemed really indifferent to Kaitlyn (though willing to say whatever was needed to stay on the show). That worked for me, as I couldn't stand her and couldn't understand all these guys who were so "in love" with her.

That said, I think both Kaitlyn and Andi (another b-ette I dislike) would stand out in this group. I think Kaitlyn would be more active and try to get guys to do something (even if it was non-stop skinny-dipping in the ocean) and Andi could carry a conversation, though I guess that would mean talking with Clare, JJ or Tanner. Ashley S would be nice to talk with imo, but I think Andi wouldn't bother.

I wish this group was (1) hotter and (2) smarter (but I would settle for #2). Is that really so much to ask? Another week with these people belaboring the Joe - Julia - Samantha (non) love triangle will be unbearable!

You know, I just realized that the second hottest guy there, IMO, was Johnathon, who I generally found to be just cute. Kirk looks like William Sherman, Dan is ok, Joshua is a goober, and JJ is just fug and bad breath looking. These guys other than Jared are just homely to average. Hell, Chris Soules would stand out in this crowd.

For the ladies, I think both Ashley's are natural beauties, with Tenly presentable enough. Jueluluia is scrag, Jade is plain but oddly compelling, Carly is also scrag, and Claure is attractive but too desperate. Sam is a hologram, but at least her hair looks well kept, even if it's too Crystal Gayle for me.

Any chance if crazy but hot Kelsy Poe showing up?

• Love 2
We need to move on from the whole Joe-Samantha thing. Why is it that no one can seem to say what is really bothering them?  The whole lot of them talk in circles. No one is going to break Joe, especially when they can't just come out and say what they mean.

What IS really bothering them? Are the guys pissed off because Joe talked to Samantha ahead of time? I see what Julia's problem is (although I want her to just shut up about it), but why is everyone else so worked up about whether or not Joe and Samantha planned to hook up on the show?

• Love 6

If crazy Ashley is crazy then I am too.  I'd rather hang out with any and all animals in Mexico than any of these people.  

I think what you mean to say is:  If Ashley is literally crazy, then I am literally crazy too.  I'd literally rather hang out with animals in Mexico than with any of these people - literally!

• Love 17

You know, I just realized that the second hottest guy there, IMO, was Johnathon, who I generally found to be just cute. Kirk looks like William Sherman, Dan is ok, Joshua is a goober, and JJ is just fug and bad breath looking. These guys other than Jared are just homely to average. Hell, Chris Soules would stand out in this crowd.

Johnathan was very handsome. Not sure his personality would have held up, although he seemed nice enough. I would have loved to see some romance with him and have him stay longer (but we all know how that goes). Yes, even Chris S. would be more attractive in this group.

I'm really irritated with the group (and the editors) making Ashley look nutty for (1) loving animals and (2) interacting so beautifully with them. I find that so much more impressive than Megan's "girly" helplessness, "Ooo! A crab!!!" or Ashley I freaking out over a bat. (Not that one mightn't do that, but I think she does it for any animal).

I guess I find Ashley relatable because I'd spend part of the day playing with the parrots, too, esp. rather than sit through another mind-numbing conversation about Samantha and Joe. I'll bet "Jorge the bartender" is more interesting, as well.

• Love 12

What IS really bothering them? Are the guys pissed off because Joe talked to Samantha ahead of time? I see what Julia's problem is (although I want her to just shut up about it), but why is everyone else so worked up about whether or not Joe and Samantha planned to hook up on the show?

Also wondering this. Why is it any skin off their noses if there was some prearrangement? Tanner supposedly knew about it ahead of time. If it was such a sin why wasn't he yelling about it the minute Samantha showed up? Come to think of it, he seems to be doing more talking heads about how awful it was than actually confronting Joe.

Not that I don't understand why Juleia would be upset, but the others? File Joe as an ass and go about your hookups.

The logical explanation is that it's mostly producer-driven to create drama. Maybe that's JJ's great usefulness to the show; he can be depended on to make ridiculous scenes for any reason.

• Love 4

Why do these people care that Joe and Samantha knew each other/social media'd before the show? It wasn't up to them to both be on the show, right? Be mad at the producers or casting people or whoever. But still...why do they even care? I don't get it.

JJ looks like Haley Joel Osment (not really current-day HJO but back-in-the-day HJO).

Didn't like what Dan wore on the date. Made him seem so stiff and buttoned-up. Needed a flowy linen shirt and khakis. And some flip flops.

If some of these girls (Juelia/Samantha and Ashley S/Amber) are such great friends outside of the show wouldn't they 1. Know they'd both be on the show and 2. Know which guy(s) they'd be hoping would also be on the show?

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 4

Try as I might to want to get in on this because I enjoy the forum,  but just discussing this dumb show makes me sick!  

I've tried!  I'm not above watching the dumb, boring, miserable thing.   But it's so Baaad!   So phony baloney.. I don't believe the Ashley/Dan storyline was ever for real.  I'm beginning to side with Joe on the 'oh my God not this again let it go!" sentiment.. and almost think he's more grown up about it then the rest of them. I mean   --,how totally UNimportant is this.?!!   That's all you have?  That and talking to animals (which is played OUT! Puhleeze!)

These people have to be bored senseless to agree to chase after those two dirtbags to conjure up a storyline.  I like seeing the old cast members and I enjoy a good cry-fest  and a true nut job (Kelsey Poe) as much as anyone but.they will make them caricatures of themselves. They know their own schtick now.  if they had them do something other than drink and screw they might get some good old-fashioned reality tv out of it..  Yes Reality TV!!  That's what I'm missing here!    

• Love 7

Joe being incessantly hounded to "talk" is such boring television! All the confessions and honesty or whatever it was that the gang expected from Joe wasn't going to change that he played Juelia to get to Sam...yes, that sucked, but how much more airtime is going to be devoted to this crap? Looks to continue next week?

The next ep looks even more unappealing, but I'll likely watch anyway. :(

• Love 8

It makes me so mad on reality shows when the behavior of others forces me over to the side of the person I like least.  Stop making me agree with disgusting Joe, people!  Calm down and mind your own business, because I cannot take any more of this clown court.  Did I actually hear someone refer to Joe as a saint, twice, because he's taking all the heat when Samantha is just as "guilty" of breaking the sanctity of Paradise Code?  Good lord, someone give these people an air hockey table, a checkerboard, a deck of cards, a monopoly board -  something to do besides sit up on high horses declaring the right and wrong ways to use someone else on a TV show.

So they think Juelia is a great person and wish that Joe and Samantha had decided to pursue their burgeoning romance on their own dime in another place so that their slots could have gone to someone who might have been an actual match for Juelia, or whoever.  Fine. By using the show to pay for their first dates, they took away an opportunity for other people to meet and possibly pair up, and it's reasonable to have the opinion that it was a shitty, inconsiderate thing to do, but no one is saying that.  A couple of times people got close to articulating that amongst themselves, but no one says it directly to Joe.  It's even possible that if someone approached him and said exactly that, he would shrug and agree that it wasn't the most thoughtful thing to do, and then no one would be talking about busting out anyone's teeth.  It's all too stupid for me, and that's saying a lot because I set the bar mighty low on this program.

I'm glad that Joe's room is a tiny concrete pit with questionable electrical safety.  That just feels right, somehow.

• Love 11

If crazy Ashley is crazy then I am too.  I'd rather hang out with any and all animals in Mexico than any of these people.  

Yup. Apparently, I'm completely certifiable. I talk to my dogs, and small animals, and you know, parrots and parakeets are supposed to talk back, so it's for sure not crazy to talk to them! Major props to Ashley for not having a girly-scream freak-out when the bird pooed in her hand, like we all know Ashley or Megan would have. Once Ashley lost the Dan distraction, she found other things to entertain her instead of wailing and crying -- seems like a quality woman to me.

LOL at JJ telling the camera that Megan's not on the same page as him intellectually (or however he put it.) But she's hot, he said, so he can ignore that while in paradise. Honest assessment, at least. Let's see if he leads her on to get a rose.

Juelziea sure does have a weird selective memory about how she ended up on the date with Joe, and how interested in her he actually was. I get the strong feeling he was engaging in polite conversation much of the time, and she interpreted as "he's smitten." He's still a douche, though, with his brass knuckles talk from earlier. 

I thought it was odd when Samantha was telling him to say certain things to the producers in his interview (to lie), then he said he ALREADY TALKED TO THEM (already testified, can't take it back or change it), and then she told him what to say. What about ALREADY TALKED TO THEM does Samantha not understand?

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 11
Fuck you JJ, you ugly quagmire looking bigot. Joe is not a hillbilly. A real hillbilly doesn't sit around muttering about brass knuckles, he just drops your ass when needed. You're both punk asses, but fuck you and kiss my hillbilly ass.

Hahaha! This cracked me up. You’re all, “I know hillbillies, and you, sir, are NOT a hillbilly!”

Just when I almost like JJ he reminds me he’s not anywhere near as smart as he thinks he is. Yes, you’re smarter than Megan, but so are Ashley’s animal friends. And  you meant “recuse” not “recluse” when you said Joe should “recluse himself” from the show. 

I kinda love you now, Ashley S. I’m obsessed with animals, too. Just please stop using “literally” wrong constantly. It’s figuratively making me sick.

Re the dead horse that is Joe and Samantha:

I actually thought it was smart for her to say "Let's find Joe & you both tell me what happened."

I hated that so much. It was like, “ I’ve had a boyfriend for five minutes so now I can’t even hear out my supposed good friend because I LOOOVE him.” Way to abandon loyalty for some douchebag you just met.

The whole Joe/Samantha thing is weird. It’s like he’s so obsessed with her it’s making him, allegedly, act like a different person, but it’s kind of working out for him because she’s into him too. Folie a deux I guess.

I think Juelia and Ashley S. should run away together. Their friendship seems sweet. 

Edited by violetr
  • Love 7

All these supposed "friends" of Joe, hounding him repeatedly to tell the "truth" is not only boring but utterly ridiculous for a Reality Show. Isn't the entire premise of this show to 'make a connection' and find love? So what if he and Sam communicated before the show. Don't ALL Bachelor Nation contestants talk to each other on social media if not in person? If it's okay for the Bachelor/Bachelorette Kaitlyn & Nick, then it's okay for BIP.

Listen babies in paradise...if you're going to appear on a reality show where the whole idea is to stick around long enough to find the right connection, then shut the hell up and mind your own damn business! Sure it was creepy of Joe to lead Julia on, but that's the way it works. Lying and manipulations have been part of reality TV for so long (i.e. Survivor, Big Brother), so stop your whining, kids! And ladies, PLEASE...enough with the third degree and crying over a guy you just met 30 seconds ago!

• Love 9

Is there something weird about Amber's boobs? Also that dress at the very beginning seemed very unflattering.

Joe is so that guy who answers "no" to the police asking if he stole the $60,000 from the bank because he stole $60,000.29.

Juelia needs to leave and go to therapy and forget Samantha and Joe.

I wonder if they realize how superficial and lock-steppy they all seem? Oh noes! Ashley S is enjoying the wildlife!

• Love 9

I think the issue with this season is that it's timed too perfectly with the introduction of people. The split second someone either makes a connection but says they wish so-and-so was here or someone questions the connection they have, the footsteps fall of the person they were hoping to see or the person who is there seeking him/her. Granted, of course I get that that's the sole purpose of casting for maximum drama potential, but it's just too much too fast, so nothing is progressing naturally. I guess the good news is that these "relationships" only last a day, so the person Samantha REALLY wanted to meet (or who wanted to meet her) will show up next, if the show thus far is any indication.

• Love 10

I think next year for BIP III, they need to bring back ONLY contestants that have left at least 1 kid at home.  That way none of them can whine, cry and rend their garments over leaving behind a child in order to find love.  Widows or widowers are optional.  

• Love 15

My theory is that they are jealous that they didn't think of it.

• Love 6

Juelia, oh my.  One date, that you volunteered for, and you got this emotionally attached?  THAT is creepy. She is humiliating herself and doesn't see that.  The perpetual victim, I see.  

We get more of this too. JJ was about to deck Joe ......to be continued.  sigh

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5

Juelia comes off as not only hopelessly naive but extremely dim. In a book she'd marry a pudgy 50-year old banker who wants a meek mild younger wife. Then when he dies at 80 she loses all her money to some young sweet-talking man.

• Love 4

Joe, Joe, Joe.  We took a vote and you are banned from the state of Kentucky. We disown you.  Bye.

I would like to send a shout out to the poster who made the Jue-lia Goo-lia reference from The Wedding Singer.  Now I can't see her without breaking into a fit of giggles.  I want to be outraged for her!!!  LMAO

• Love 1