Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: New Beginnings, My Ass

• Start Topic

When Sonja was on Watch What Happens Tuesday night and Andy asked her about her thoughts on the reunion she mentioned something "epic" Ramona had done with no details.  Andy made some response indicating it was a first.  Any ideas?

• Love 2

I think we talked about it before and it was that Ramona fell asleep

After all she did this season, she goes and falls asleep at the reunion which in Bravo land guarantees her coming back next season.

This:

2A8A476800000578-3161846-Sleeping_beauty

Or this:

rhony-bethenny-sleeping.gif

• Love 2

Small point, but Ramona was full of shit at Sonja's house about having come from church for Ash Wednesday. Does she think other Catholics didn't notice NO ashes?!? You don't wash them off during the day.

Bethenny's home was just not to my taste. And I don't know about the outdoor space she was talking about, they showed her on a Juliet balcony. You could have opened a window for the same effect.

• Love 5

Maybe it's not totally finished but I wasn't feeling Beth's condo.  Very cold...except for Bryn's room.  Beth's bedroom looks like it's a basement room with those high windows.  That would be a deal breaker for me if I was paying multiple millions of dollars for a place.  (Hey. It's a Skinnygirl bottle....I still am not going to buy a product)

I don't know who is more delusional - Sonja or Ro. 

• Love 4

Hey, why didn't they show the master bathroom? There were aspects of B's place that I liked. I liked the kitchen a lot (but I adore white modern kitchens), the floors, high ceilings, the built-ins in her bedroom (I died!) but again it is just so beige and devoid of warmth. To me there is very little difference (which amount to Brynn's room and the skinnygirl red here and there) between the penthouse hotel suite she was staying out throughout the season and her new home.

Is it me or did Ramona use the phrase 'holier than thou' totally wrong?

Carole is back to dancing on my nerve a bit. Damn near every cast member on the show except for her BFF Heather has teased or talked shit about her dating a much younger man. Even B during that fucking conversation threw shade. Yeah, Luann has probably thrown more because she is more intimately involved than the others. We can argue about whether her niece and Adam broke up 1 day ago or 1 year ago.  For me I have no problem with Luann feeling a certain kind of way about it, although I can't co-sign her over the top shenningans on twitter.

• Love 3

I guess I'll be that random weirdo who adores Beth's fab new condo---yes, it's a bit cold and sterile for most people's tastes, but I just love the chic and uncluttered modern elegance of it, with all the modern art and updated accents to boot. It's just so ultra-sophisticated for a truly monied Manhattanite!

Bethenny always has had a rather sterile and simple decor style in all her apartments over the years. She definitely favors a clean and modern look with "pops of color" here and there. Believe it or not, my favorite place of hers was actually that condo she first shared with Jason on "Bethenny Ever After." It had some warmth and a cozy colors mixed into the usual modern style she usually has going on in her apartments.

• Love 3

Is it me or did Ramona use the phrase 'holier than thou' totally wrong?

It's not you.

What she meant is that they all wanted her to be above reproach, or faultless, not a human being with the usual human flaws.  What she said was, "They all want me to be holier-than-thou."  Which means they all wanted her to be sanctimonious and self-righteous.  Which she is, so it kind of works out in her typical ass-backwards way.  But she doesn't know that.

• Love 4

Ash Wed in 2015 was the day after Sonjas show I looked...maybe Botox is repellant to ashes. (No life) I laughed when Sonja said they let her in too (church) lol..... The morning after with those two kids in the big bed was too cute. Regina George and Gretchen Weiners. Ramon is rude but I'm on her side about Bethenny.

Does anyone actually believe Bethenny drinks her nasty skinny girl products? When they call cut I feel like she hauls out the Grey Goose and laughs.

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 2

I haven't seen the first look yet, is this Beth's new condo http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2015/04/24/see_the_42m_home_of_real_housewives_bethenny_frankel.php ? 

I hated her last apartment, the one she says Jason H stole. But I did like the smaller space they shared together on her spinoff.  I don't mind a more modern, sterile look but I hated everything about the last apartment. This new one looks a little cozier to me, and I don't mind the furnishings. I agree the high windows in the master bedroom give it a basement feel. I wonder if she purposely did that because she doesn't like too much sunlight in her bedroom? Because Bryn's bedroom has normal windows. Generally people prefer a view, even in their bedroom, but maybe that room faced something unsavory. 

Edited by racked
  • Love 1

I haven't seen the first look yet, is this Beth's new condo http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2015/04/24/see_the_42m_home_of_real_housewives_bethenny_frankel.php ? 

I hated her last apartment, the one she says Jason H stole. But I did like the smaller space they shared together on her spinoff.  I don't mind a more modern, sterile look but I hated everything about the last apartment. This new one looks a little cozier to me, and I don't mind the furnishings. I agree the high windows in the master bedroom give it a basement feel. I wonder if she purposely did that because she doesn't like too much sunlight in her bedroom? Because Bryn's bedroom has normal windows. Generally people prefer a view, even in their bedroom, but maybe that room faced something unsavory.

The hanging light in the So Ho condo living room appears to be the same one as in the Tribeca condo. Though Bryn's BR isn't redecorated in the photos. I agree those windows in Beth's BR may be hiding a bad view.

Ah thanks to you both, the comments in the curbed article mention that it was pre-reno. I should have known, there was no skinnygirl red anywhere! I'll watch the First Look when I get home tonight so I can see what changes B made.  

• Love 1

Wow, Sonja really went at Ramona in her TH with the "masquerade party" comment! She has not forgiven Ramona for talking about her during the T&C trip!

I missed that comment - or maybe heard and didn't know what she meant.  So what did sonja say and what did she mean!

Ok - Ramona's face in her talking heads looks really weird compared to her in the scene with Sonja on the bed.  It must be botox? because it's like her lower lashes have totally disappeared.  So Face lift?  stretched them away?

Bethenny's condo was just okay.  No warmth; Brynn's room made me think of a Crate and Barrel or Restoration Hardware (remember all the boxes!) catalog.  Just not me.  And I wouldn't be able to live with out looking out a window in my bedroom - well any one of the rooms for that matter.

• Love 3
Sonja receives great press for her Fashion Week debut, thanks to Bethenny and Ramona's front-row dustup, in the Season 7 finale. Also: Dorinda and John have an awkward lunch; and unresolved conflicts come to the fore at Ramona's New Beginnings party.

Ash Wed in 2015 was the day after Sonjas show I looked...maybe Botox is repellant to ashes. (No life) I laughed when Sonja said they let her in too (church) lol..... The morning after with those two kids in the big bed was too cute. Regina George and Gretchen Weiners. Ramon is rude but I'm on her side about Bethenny.

Does anyone actually believe Bethenny drinks her nasty skinny girl products? When they call cut I feel like she hauls out the Grey Goose and laughs.

Oh, I can believe it was Ash Wednesday, it's the claim of having come from church I don't believe. Or maybe Ramona is a really bad Catholic, because you are not supposed to wash off the ashes. They are a public reminder of your faith. Something she claims to care about.

I missed Sonja claiming to have been at church too, did that really happen???

Bethenny's original Skinnygirl margarita was basically a shot of high end tequila (I thought Grey Goose but a Google search says she was pushing Patron) and a splash of whatever other liquor. I think she omitted the lime juice entirely. Other than suggesting a smaller portion, I am left wondering how her corporate version is lower calorie, lime juice is not high calorie.

• Love 1

I missed that comment - or maybe heard and didn't know what she meant.  So what did sonja say and what did she mean!

Ok - Ramona's face in her talking heads looks really weird compared to her in the scene with Sonja on the bed.  It must be botox? because it's like her lower lashes have totally disappeared.  So Face lift?  stretched them away?

Bethenny's condo was just okay.  No warmth; Brynn's room made me think of a Crate and Barrel or Restoration Hardware (remember all the boxes!) catalog.  Just not me.  And I wouldn't be able to live with out looking out a window in my bedroom - well any one of the rooms for that matter.

Sonja was talking about Ramona's upcoming party, the "renewal" party and she said that Ramona was always throwing some sort of renewal party and that she, Ramona, might try a "masquerade" party next time. In other words, Ramona is still the same old Ramona, nothing new about her personality! LOL 

Oh, and I suspect that the TH where Ramona's face looks different, especially the eyes, are new THs that were filmed right before the reunion was filmed. I do believe she has had some work done to her face, facelift, fillers, botox, the whole works! LOL

Oh, I can believe it was Ash Wednesday, it's the claim of having come from church I don't believe. Or maybe Ramona is a really bad Catholic, because you are not supposed to wash off the ashes. They are a public reminder of your faith. Something she claims to care about.

Bethenny's original Skinnygirl margarita was basically a shot of high end tequila (I thought Grey Goose but a Google search says she was pushing Patron) and a splash of whatever other liquor. I think she omitted the lime juice entirely. Other than suggesting a smaller portion, I am left wondering how her corporate version is lower calorie, lime juice is not high calorie.

Sonja's comment about the church "letting her in" was aimed at Ramona, not about herself! LOL She was really throwing some serious shade at Ramona in the preview! LOL

• Love 3

Ramona said she just came from Ash Wed church. Sonja goes "they let you in there?" and Ramona rolled her eyes at her and Sonja responds "they let me go!" (meaning into church) it was funny.

I knew which night the fashion show was so I looked it up to see if Bravo was faking it was the morning after the show. So I looked up Ash Wed and is was the day after the show. I wouldn't have put it past Bravo to make it look like it was the day after. I am a Catholic and ditto on the ashes, I wondered if they don't stick to Botox :-)

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI

Ramona's face is just plain scary in these THs.  I didn't think it was possible to be uglier on the outside than what we see of her on the inside.   

I'm so disappointed in the number of women who are so totally insecure that they completely forget that looking HUMAN is more attractive than being rebuilt/reformed/reshaped to look more like what we see on the magazine covers at the grocery store - photos which are, of course, airbrushed.   I honestly blinked repeatedly in case my eyes were just dry and my vision was to blame for how she looked when she was babbling on and on, but after rewinding and replaying her THs several times, the verdict is in - it's like I took a hit of acid before plopping down on the couch to watch First Look.  No face should move/not move in those ways.  YIKES. 

• Love 8

I don't think the windows in Beth's bedroom have anything to do with the view.  It's a loft and that's what the windows in that room are.  She can't exactly change them...you can't knock down the exterior of a multi unit loft building to put in different sized windows.  In any event, I wouldn't pay multi million dollars to have a bedroom with windows I can't even look out of.  Too claustrophobic. 

• Love 6

So Heather gets the worst epilogue quote ever, that doesn't even have anything to do with her own life, and Beth gets a "the best is yet to come" - i.e. "I'll be back to torture you next season." Let alone B gets the WWHL spot tonight. Greeeaaat ...

• Love 22

I DID really enjoy Kristen's line about the press -- "Next time, I'll say 'no comment--they're all a bunch of PITAs."

She got a few good lines in, actually. They saved em all up for the last episode, I guess.

• Love 18

And, weirdly, Kristen comes out of the finale - but only in the context of the finale as a specific episode - looking the best . . . "You don't have to be a bitch, you choose to be!" Who knew Heather attended medical school and is a practicing psychiatrist? And launching yourself into a conversation that didn't involve you by calling one of said parties an epithet isn't a bald, aggressive grab for screen time/attention or anything, no, siree . . . Dorinda really needs to dial it down with the public sloppiness . . . Kristen by far looks the best in the reunion previews.

• Love 10

Waittttttt. Sonja--the same woman who can't help talking about how she used to model (and run in circles with all the aristocracy of the world)--called Kristen a model past her prime? And then she added some shade when talking to Dorinda when Carole showed up with Adam.

Sonja said that she didn't want to sit next to Adam because he's so hot. Then she went on to tell Dorinda that she'd sit next to John. Oof!

There were so many other oof-like moments like:

- Ramona looking right out of her mind when she ambushed Bethenny out the elevator, and, in trying to agree (?), had her hand up in that high-five position while frantically blinking and nodding. I couldn't figure out what was going on with her.

- Sonja looking dumb because she told the world about toaster oven that was never going to make it to market. Also, her reading comprehension skills (when she was finally forced to look at words on a screen) are non-existent.

- LuAnn being her usual hypocritical self. That she would hold another woman to her own standards is just abject stupidity. No, Carole, YOU shouldn't date a younger guy because EYE wouldn't since EYE have children that EYE would never introduce my younger man to. But I shouldn't be surprised in the slightest. LuAnn expects to make the rules that everyone else should follow.

- Dorinda proving once again how fucking ridiculous she was in Turks and Caicos going on about the word "fuck."

Actually LuAnn said it was ok to bang a younger guy but that she doesn't want it to be known because her son is already embarrassed by her escapades!

• Love 3

This whole episode gave me a headache. Who starts all these arguments at a party??? I know, only the Real Housewives of "Whatever." Ack.

Sonja was delusional. I couldn't even follow the Ramona/Beth stuff. Kristen gets major kadooz for holding her own and her sanity with Sonja.

Luann was the worst. What a vile comment to make to Carole.

• Love 15