Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E08: Episode 8

• Start Topic

You know what annoyed the crap out of me?  When the others were by the wall looking at the twins... Shelli and Clay were in bed watching the TV like they were the king and queen or something.  Is this normal that the HOH just stays in their room all the time and doesn't socialize?  I'm still thinking this is way too early for a power couple...they'll never make it to the end.

Why the hell did Day pick Becky Jeff and Jackie not to vote?  What about Clay?  Can a feed watcher please enlighten me on what her train of thought was.

It's going to be interesting to see what Vanessa and Austin bring to the table.  I don't watch the feeds or BBAD but I read the thread but I'm not sure who's in what alliance.  Right now all I care about is getting Shelli or Clay out.

So Gronk's twist is to party all week?  Um...ok.

• Love 2

And the Twin Twist has died a quiet death, like most twists do. Da'Vonne really should have kept her mouth shut and used it to her advantage, rather than just blabbing it out to the other HGs. Also, "That one is Thick'ems!" on the live show? C'mon. I did like how she brought up that no one wants to be labeled by the viewers if they put Audrey on the block. Sad but true.

Austin and Vanessa HoH could be interesting. More interesting than Ken and Barbie this past week.

Who is this NFL guy with the twist?

• Love 4

Shelli and Clay were in bed watching the TV like they were the king and queen or something.  Is this normal that the HOH just stays in their room all the time and doesn't socialize?

Since Julia/Liz was asleep- I suspect it was late enough at night that it wasn't super anti-social.  But isn't having a private room to not have to be with everyone else the benefit of being HOH?

Also, not that it would have made a difference- but Da didn't pick CLAY?  Is she an idiot?

• Love 1
(edited)

Why the hell did Day pick Becky Jeff and Jackie not to vote?  What about Clay?  Can a feed watcher please enlighten me on what her train of thought was.

I found it odd, too.  My guess is that she knew they would vote against her and it was a way to heighten paranoia as to who won the last laugh.  Shelli and Clay would have made it obvious that Day won.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

I honestly don't know what Austin and Vanessa are going to do, which makes me happy. I like the noms not being a foregone conclusion.

I'm not sad to see Day go. I do wonder if Liz will be a target this week since a lot of people know about the twist now. I don't think Austin will put her up though.

I live in DE and we have bad weather all around so our local station cut off the first 15 minutes of the show for a weather report. Irritated to have missed seeing how the Last Laugh played out.

Is No Have-Nots really a twist? There has to be more to it

With Vanessa and Austin being HoHs, the Twins are definitely safe.

It's going to be interesting to see what Vanessa and Austin bring to the table.  I don't watch the feeds or BBAD but I read the thread but I'm not sure who's in what alliance.  Right now all I care about is getting Shelli or Clay out.

Vanessa is with Shelli and Clay so I'm guessing she'll put up who they want. I know Austin doesn't like Jeff so he can potentially be put up or maybe a backdoor.

(edited)

John is a mess. Why were people referring to themselves in the third person? I hate that. I really hate that. I want to like you Austin, I really do. So knock it off.

Points to Day for calling out the fear of putting up Audrey. I don't think it will last all the way to the end though. Nerves will be frayed enough that people will be willing to take that chance in just a couple of weeks, most likely.

Edited by Ananayel

I am rooting for Austin to win the battle.  I am not sure Vanessa  is totally with Clay and Shelli though.  I think she was in that moment, at one point,  because she thought is served her to align with the temporary power. 

He plays for the Patriots, apparently.

Oh. And I take it he likes to party. My Canadian is showing, but if it isn't a hockey player, I probably won't recognize them. I get the whole NFL on CBS tie-in, but at least I recognized Kathy Griffin last week.

• Love 2
(edited)

Watching people throw that HoH comp was pretty embarrassing.

I liked Meg's shirt </completelysuperficial>

I also enjoyed the lack of enthusiasm when Gronkowski appeared for the BBTakeover -- you could tell most of them had no idea who it was even after he introduced himself.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

Oh. And I take it he likes to party. My Canadian is showing, but if it isn't a hockey player, I probably won't recognize them. I get the whole NFL on CBS tie-in, but at least I recognized Kathy Griffin last week.

Don't feel bad, my husband had to tell me who he was even after they said he was a Superbowl champion.

(edited)

Ugh I want to punch Gronk right in his stupid Gronk face. He is the perfectly immature and irresponsible person to host a party week. I loathe his stupid Gronk guts.

I also do not understand why Da didn't negate Clay's vote. It does not compute.

See now I didn't like Meg's shirt at all, I told my hubs I thought it was very unflattering. Da's dress, though, was divine.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 3

I loved Jason's look of complete indifference in the background at the Gronk reveal (who I kind of like because of his awkward sausage flirting with Padma on Top Chef). When Austin and Vanessa won I giggled in delight - new winners! not completely wedded to the bro elite! - though if history is any lesson, I'll be completely deflated soon enough.

• Love 1

Gronk? Seriously? As a football fan, he is a good player, but the best way to describe him is that he would have fit in perfectly into any douche "bro" alliance in any BB season ever. He's Cody. When he was announced, I halfway expected the twist to be no bros were allowed to be nominated at all, the 'girls' would have to fight it out.

I think Da'Vonne might have been onto something about people afraid to nominate Audrey, and she was at least self-aware enough to know she should have shut her mouth, but was still pretty terrible at this game. Poor Julie had to prompt her about eight times before she acknowledged that how she handled the twin thing was wrong. And I could tell she didn't even get it, she just wanted to agree with Julie.

Not gonna lie, once Austin was set, I was rooting for James to win the other HOH. Because those two are so very far from being on the same page, it would have been interesting. Austin and Vanessa is not as interesting for me.

• Love 1

Hmm... I guess I like Meg. I didn't realize that until she was possibly going home. Go figure.

So the twins are over having been figured out right? I mean it's not like they can say "only half the house knows so we'll just keep on swapping."

Were I to be in charge of the "Takeover" like Gronk killed off have-nots I'd have said "And this dual HoH thing? It's such bullshit and is NOT happening on MY watch!"

• Love 2

Day's 'keep me' speech perfectly illustrated the EXACT reason she is on the block why everyone wanted her out!   Hysterical.  

Yeah.  She could have saved her breath and just said, "Eff y'all. Evict me."    But she might have been on to something with the reasoning that the HGs won't openly target Audrey because she is transgender.  If they don't evict her in the next 2 weeks, I'll root for her to win it all!

• Love 3

So the twins are over having been figured out right? I mean it's not like they can say "only half the house knows so we'll just keep on swapping."

I think their thing is they have to not be evicted before week 5.  They didn't say anything about being found out.

It will be interesting to see if it becomes open about "hey Liz #2" (or if Julia introduces herself) now that everyone knows.

(edited)

Well, you have to give production credit. It was an admirable attempt to rig the game to keep Da'Vonne in the house to make war on Barbie and Ken Cowards but alas to no avail. I actually wouldn't have minded it if they'd pulled it off as I like Da'Vonne. I've got a bad feeling that we are going to have a BB1 scenario where all the interesting people who make good television are going to be weeded out first and by the end of August we will be treated to a house of boring dullards like Becky, John and Vanessa.

Underwhelming HOH again this week! Two more non-entities in power. I wanted to see James get it so we could have a counter attack against Clay, Shelli and their minions. Very dissapointing.

Julie Chen DID have programming in her ear this week and it was telling her to keep fishing with Da'Vonne until Day admitted she should have kept her knowledge of the twins to herself. However Julie should have asked why Day didn't sit Clay out of the vote.

Looks like almost nobody knew who this Gronk character was in the house as I as sure as hell have never heard of him either.

Jeers to the cowards TM who were blatantly throwing the HOH by not even trying to get their balls in the buckets.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 1
I also enjoyed the lack of enthusiasm when Gronkowski appeared for the BBTakeover -- you could tell most of them had no idea who it was even after he introduced himself.

Even Julie had to delete a tweet after she got his name wrong.

• Love 1

Da picking Jeff, Jackie, and Becky as the ones to not vote but letting Clay vote was stupid. 

Julie seemed really confused by that HOH comp, the comp wasted more time by her figuring out who won the round or not. Then she's telling the tie breakers to hurry it's a live show? 

• Love 2

Yeah, I was also confused as to why Clay wasn't nulled as a vote but Becky, Jackie and Jeff were. Ok, Jeff, I understand. Maybe even Jackie, but Becky over Clay? I guess Da'Vonne figured out that she was not staying, no matter who she nulled vote for.

I'm happy it was Vanessa who won one of the HOHs. And I guess I'm happy for Austin to be the other. That means the ones I want safe (Juliz, Steve, possibly John, Audrey) are safe, and everyone else can worry about nominations. FINALLY. 

Yeah, I don't know who this sports guy is, and I don't really care.

I'm ok with Da'Vonne being gone. I liked her a lot this time around, but I'm still ok with her eviction. She did play a bad game.

• Love 1

I think Da'Vonne might have been onto something about people afraid to nominate Audrey, and she was at least self-aware enough to know she should have shut her mouth, but was still pretty terrible at this game. Poor Julie had to prompt her about eight times before she acknowledged that how she handled the twin thing was wrong. And I could tell she didn't even get it, she just wanted to agree with Julie.

What Day never seemed to get about the game (as she and Jason think anyone who doesn't do what they want is a "coward") is that Shelli had reasons to keep Audrey. She had no reason to keep Day. In Day's mind, that means everyone was scared to go against a trans woman. Frankly I found it more than a little questionable to say this, and after seeing her interview I'm glad she got voted out. She was fun but she didn't really want to play the game, even when given more opportunities than almost any player at this point in the game. 

Meg was deer in the headlights. I just wish she'd leave. And I still want to know what is on her head.

Speaking of people I wish would leave, I was so thrilled Vanessa beat James. It's unfortunate Austin won, but with this cast I guess I should be happy one of the handful of people I sort of like may be HOH.

• Love 2

I think Da'Vonne might have been onto something about people afraid to nominate Audrey, and she was at least self-aware enough to know she should have shut her mouth

Shelli at least Da'vonne is right about.

Shelli outright said on feeds,  she didn't want to be that person to put her up and vote her out.

Had she put her up, the others no doubt would have voted to evict. However, Da'vonne is right about Shelli not wanting to nominate Audrey because of how it would look. 

Well I can''t knock the show for getting Gronk on here. The Patriots literally just won the Super Bowl and Gronk is the most recognizable person that team not named in Gronk. In a league where it not rare to not even know what a player looks like but still be a fan, people know what Gronk looks like. He's not a rando set up. He's the best in his position in the whole league. If you don't watch sports, then you wouldn't know him.

Beyond all that, I'm not sad to see Da'Vonne gone. She's just too emotional for me. There is no way she can handle this game.

The twin twist blew up. Shocking. In a house where you have very little to do, twists like this make no sense. Little changes will always be noticed.

I'm sure there are more twists to come. There is no rule to say you get one twist.

• Love 1
(edited)

Audrey is a non entity as far as the game is concerned. She is annoying and untrustworthy so she lost her ability to persuade or rally other hamsters. Mamma Da, on the other hand was more of a threat with the ability to garner strong bonds and bend hamsters to her way of thinking. IMO Audrey will slip by more because of being a non threat than being transgender. This season I see the HoH's not afraid to go after threats sooner than later.

I'm not so surprised that Mamma Da figured out the twin twist. Poker dealers are able to pay attention to details as to running the game and the players. I'm more surprised that she didn't recognize Vanessa. I guess Mamma Da only deals in local poker rooms and not in major tournaments.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 1

It was sadly hilarious watching Julie try over and over to get Da to admit she goofed in not keeping the twin twist to herself.  I agree that Da never got it.  That was my favorite part of the show even though I was going "Oh Da."

I was also amused by Julie's clear irritation by people saying "Da" instead of DaVonne during the live vote.

(edited)

It was sadly hilarious watching Julie try over and over to get Da to admit she goofed in not keeping the twin twist to herself.  I agree that Da never got it.  That was my favorite part of the show even though I was going "Oh Da."

Well, from Julie's point of view it must have been terribly frustrating.  Production obviously wanted to keep Day around, and they must have been ecstatic when she figured out the twin twist (although I would put money on her getting lots of help in the DR to connect the dots), then she does the worst possible thing with the information.  Then Day just 'happens' to get the Last Laugh reward and manages to screw that up, too.  I wonder how hard the other hamsters were pressured to keep Day.

I was also amused by Julie's clear irritation by people saying "Da" instead of DaVonne during the live vote.

Which makes no sense, as surely the audience would be able to figure out who "Day" was.

Julie seemed to get some small satisfaction when Day looked into the audience and said she couldn't see her daughter.  "Oh, you'll see her soon enough".  Come on Julie, just tell her the baby is back stage.

Edited by Zahdii

That's always been a Production schtick; TPTB don't want anybody coming back at them later claiming an interpretative ambiguity or miscount in the vote.

• Love 3

So Day figured out the twin twist....and then blabbed it to everyone instead of using it to her advantage? Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20. I hope this game taught her a lot about subtlety. 

I'm curious to see, going forward, if anyone else says something. 

I did appreciate Day pointing out the reason people may be scared to target Audrey. 

Super excited about Vanessa and Austin as HOHs. Both have the potential to be smart and interesting players. 

• Love 1
I do wonder if Liz will be a target this week since a lot of people know about the twist now. I don't think Austin will put her up though.

Yea, you would think someone would want to target them, since if they make it to week 5 they will BOTH be in the game. I mean, I guess the houseguests don't know the specifics, but surely they can figure out it's something like that. Of course, if you're friendly with Liz, that might be one more person on your side - so yea, it will be interesting to see what happens. 

I am rooting for Austin to win the battle.  I am not sure Vanessa  is totally with Clay and Shelli though.  I think she was in that moment, at one point,  because she thought is served her to align with the temporary power.

Agree. I don't think Vanessa is necessarily going to be that easy to peg. She might be someone who is more fluid in the game. 

Poor Julie had to prompt her about eight times before she acknowledged that how she handled the twin thing was wrong. And I could tell she didn't even get it, she just wanted to agree with Julie.

Yeah Day's exit interview made me glad she didn't stay, she really had ZERO sense of how to actually play. Like Julie telling her Audrey voted for Meg, and she said my bad she was on my side all along. NO, Audrey was throwing a wonky vote!  Nobody has to be on your "side" they can be your ally who you have a degree of trust in, but her constant paranoia/excommunication of every ally she made, minutes after she made an alliance, excepting Jason said it all. You need more than one Ally to make it to the end honey.

• Love 3

Well I have to say that, to me this phone thing was a bust.  When they first talked about the phone twist I thought that a phone was mysteriously going to appear somewhere and all of a sudden start to ring and those hearing would run to answer.  The phone would show up in different places and ring randomly - not a big old phone booth and people sitting around waiting for it to ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then they even tell them what they were waiting for.  Were they only allowed to answer is once?

• Love 4
I'm happy it was Vanessa who won one of the HOHs.

Me too. I guess right now I'm pulling for her. She has the ability to play a good stealth game like Derrick did last year, as long as she (or production) doesn't blow her cover.

• Love 1

I assumed that this BB Takeover nonsense was simply a way for production to find ways to screw with the game without having to try and be subtle about it. (Not like we didn't always notice anyway) But despite all the hoops they jumped through, Day still couldn't keep herself in the house. Honestly, I think even if she HAD negated Clay's vote instead of say, Jeff or Jackie, she still would've ended up going home. It wasn't an overwhelming majority of the house, but it was more than enough to get her out.

Which is a shame, because Day gave good DR. Unfortunately, she tended to talk like that IN the house as well, which pretty much put the kibosh on her game from the get go. At least Audrey had the presence of mind to realize how badly she was playing and take it down a notch or 20. Also, Day might not be completely wrong about people not wanting to put Audrey up because they don't want to look like they're immediately targeting the trans woman. I hope someday we can reach a point where BB contestants can feel as comfortable getting rid of a trans woman as quickly as they do the black one. ;)

I'm actually intrigued by the new HOH's because I haven't quite pegged Vanessa yet, and it'll be interesting to see how she plays it. But I'm really looking forward to seeing how Austin does. After his surprise manipulation of Shelli (with an assist from Vanessa) to get Meg nominated instead of Liz, he could have a decent game-playing brain under that unruly mop. Unless of course, they decide that since it's only week 3, it's not time to make any real waves and they just coast through nominating someone like Steve to go home or something. Meh.

I also wonder if now that they've figured out the Twin Twist (which was no surprise since all they do all day is sit around and stare at each other and talk to each other… you're bound to eventually notice something's off), Liz will be the next to go. They'll either decide to evict her before they end up with another player to deal with or else make a point to get her on their side so that when the twin gets into the game properly, they'll then have TWO allies instead of just the one. We'll see!

• Love 7

So Day figured out the twin twist....and then blabbed it to everyone instead of using it to her advantage? Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20. I hope this game taught her a lot about subtlety. 

I'm curious to see, going forward, if anyone else says something. 

I did appreciate Day pointing out the reason people may be scared to target Audrey. 

Super excited about Vanessa and Austin as HOHs. Both have the potential to be smart and interesting players. 

I don't think this is true at all.  Everyone is onto Audrey's lying and will pay no attention to what she says from here on out.  She is no threat; there are bigger fish to fry.  Right now she is a vote for Vanessa's side.  Vanessa has done a good job with her and she is likely to be an asset for the time being.  How long that will last, who knows.  

• Love 5

I watched this in the wee hours of the morning on the DVR, and was sort of nodding off a bit during it, but did I actually see Shelli crying in her DR session about why she had to nominate Da?  (Good grief.)  Or did I imagine it?  

• Love 2

Well, I missed the whole phone call thing due to the repeated tornado warnings in a different state that mine.  :p  But agree that Da probably couldn't have done anything to change the vote.  I still don't see why she didn't take out Clay, who was clearly against her (she wasn't nominated to be a pawn).  So what if the rest of the house figured out she got the "right" call.  If she blows it, she's out (especially before jury), so might as well try to work it right for an extra week.  I'm surprised that Da didn't realize that it was almost solely her blow-up with Clay that caused her boot.

I like seeing Austin and Vanessa win HoH.  I didn't get the impression anyone purposefully tanked the competition, but when you only get one shot, its easy to not know exactly how to work the launcher.  I don't expect either one will try to boot Audrey, I see them going for a bigger target, like Jeff or James.

I didn't get the impression anyone purposefully tanked the competition, but when you only get one shot, its easy to not know exactly how to work the launcher.

I'm pretty certain those misses were on purpose.They get to practice ahead of time.A less obvious way to throw it would have been to overshoot the board entirely (which one person almost did)- but that is the problem with crapshoots; you either have to totally throw it, or risk winning.

• Love 1

I watched this in the wee hours of the morning on the DVR, and was sort of nodding off a bit during it, but did I actually see Shelli crying in her DR session about why she had to nominate Da?  (Good grief.)  Or did I imagine it?  

Yep. After the Veto Ceremony I think. Shelli went up to her HOH room alone and hid under the covers crying intercut with a DR session where she tearfully admitted she hated having to put Day up for eviction. It was all a bit much. I don't think it was entirely disingenuous, but it's a little early for these people to be losing their $#!t this heavily. ;)

• Love 1

I agree that some threw it; they were so sure Audrey would be the next target, they felt safe.  Someone is going to regret it.  She is small potatoes now that they have her number.  

I think Dae made a mistake in not telling those that she had won the last laugh. This show has devolved to such a herd mentality, people are afraid to be the only one to vote for someone. If she told them she had a fighting chance, they may have been willing to risk voting for her.

I'm pretty certain those misses were on purpose.They get to practice ahead of time.

Ah, didn't realize they got to practice.  If they did, then yeah, they had to be tanking it, as I can't imagine some of those clear misses if they knew how to use the launcher and were really trying.

(edited)
I'm pretty certain those misses were on purpose.They get to practice ahead of time.

Ah, didn't realize they got to practice.  If they did, then yeah, they had to be tanking it, as I can't imagine some of those clear misses if they knew how to use the launcher and were really trying.

Per the RHAP podcast last night, they discussed this and each houseguest was given 10 practice shots on a similar setup.  So yeah, some HGs were really tanking it.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

I missed the first 20 minutes because the Philadelphia CBS affiliate was focused on a thunderstorm. Doesn't seem like I missed much.

What was the point of showing Audrey's goodbye message that was obviously taped three days prior to her flipping her vote? I hate when they do that.

Enjoyed the challenge. It was crapshooty but also took a bit of skill. Loved Julie getting impatient with how slow the HGs were moving in tiebreaker. "Lets pick it up, this is a live show."