Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Oh my God!  I loved that show and I loved her character.  I did not know that was Heather!  Well, she was good enough back then, she was my favorite on the show.  I am shocked.

I loved that show, too!!  And, she actually wasn't too, too bad in it!  ;-)

• Love 1

Oh my God!  I loved that show and I loved her character.  I did not know that was Heather!  Well, she was good enough back then, she was my favorite on the show.  I am shocked.

I remember that show, too, and really liked Heather in it.  Quite frankly, I never watched RHOC until I caught a random re-run and saw her face.  I had always wondered what happened to her.

• Love 1

It sounds like Heather had a ganglion cyst.  I had one removed from the base of my thumb once.

I was thinking the same thing.  I had one removed at the first knuckle of my middle finger, must have used that finger waaaay too much. ;)  

I don't know if it is the same everywhere in the country but in the south they are called "bible" cysts because in the past people would rid themselves of these cysts by literally smashing them with a bible-so I've been told. A plastic surgeon removed mine about 10 years ago.

As for the Vicki reaction.  I got a similar call at my parents' house while I was alone about my best friend's death.  It was my best friend's mother thinking by calling my parents they could deliver the awful news to me because at the time me and my DH lived right by them.  As stated, I just happened to stop by mom and dad's and the phone rang so I answered.  To this day(16 years later), it is the hardest and most painful call I have ever gotten.  I only remember screaming and saying, "NO! NO! SHE CAN'T BE GONE!! The room was absolutely spinning.  I dropped the phone and I guess my DH hung it up when got there.  They finally got in touch with him at the office and he flew home.  I am still lucky enough to have both of my parents but they are getting up there in age and I know the day of the dreaded phone call will come.  I don't wish the pain of loss of a loved one on anyone. 

• Love 4

Did anyone have trouble with the links earlier in this thread? I'm not certain, but I think I got ransomware malware from RadarOnline or LaTimes...

I no longer click on Radar or Absurd to Sublime, for my computer neither have been a safe place.

• Love 1

I lost my Mom 18 years ago when I was 28.  As a much less emotional person than Vickie I felt like I was punched in the gut sucking all the air out of my body and would've dropped to the floor if it wasn't for me sitting on the couch.  I'm sure this was a reenactment as is much of the so called reality shows on tv now.  The camera angles were perfect and no amount of editing would've corrected this as Vickie was very animated.  None the less we did see a very raw moment.  My thoughts and prayers are very much with Vickie and her family.  Unfortunately I lost my Dad 5 years after my Mom and get a little jealous of those who get more time with their parents than I did.

• Love 4
(edited)

Other than the kids...I do NOT understand why/how David stays with Shannon. And that is just not a good enough reason, Imo. He could easily get a house nearby and be with them as much as he ever is. Regardless of any feelings about his skeeviness...no one should have to live under the kind of ridiculous living conditions as it is now, with Shannon never going to be able to forgive him, much less forget even for one second.

This was actually the episode where I stopped feeling sorry for David. To hear that he went out of his way to lie to Shannon and get her hopes up about "deleting the g-mail account," (whatever that means) and to then devastate her by moving out of the house 5 days later, and to then confess that he had no idea why he decided to lie about it? That's pretty fucked up. It really does sound like he plays mind games with her. That, coupled with the truly bizarre "I saw 'that girl' on the beach today" exchange has me thinking there is something off about him. Shannon may nag David, but he seems to take some kind of unconscious or semi-conscious pleasure in actively torturing her. I already felt a little skeptical about him when Shannon revealed he would call her crazy and stupid for suspecting his affair, but these latest instances pushed me over the edge into squarely feeling that David is definitely not some put-upon victim struggling to make sense of a marriage he regrets. I say this as someone who likes both Shannon and David as people - but they both clearly need to do a lot of real work on themselves. What I find so interesting about Shannon is that, despite her erratic temperament, she does tend to have her finger on the pulse of reality, and yet she draws in all these people who attempt to gaslight her to varying degrees - we saw it with Heather and Tamra, and now both Meghan and David seem to do it as well. If I were working with Shannon, I would definitely be exploring why she has this relationship with people constantly trying to subvert her sense of reality. I'd bet my life this is a recreation of some old pattern for her - which is why she has such a triggered reaction to it.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 16

What I find so interesting about Shannon is that, despite her erratic temperament, she does tend to have her finger on the pulse of reality, and yet she draws in all these people who attempt to gaslight her to varying degrees - we saw it with Heather and Tamra, and now both Meghan and David seem to do it as well. If I were working with Shannon, I would definitely be exploring why she has this relationship with people constantly trying to subvert her sense of reality. I'd bet my life this is a recreation of some old pattern for her - which is why she has such a triggered reaction to it.

Even if Shannon has a firm grasp on reality (and I don't think she really does), she gives off this extremely vulnerable, easy to rattle vibe to the assholes around her who repeatedly come swooping in like hyenas on an obviously injured antelope. That episode from last season where Tamra was grabbing her face and chasing her around the house is a good example. Instead of standing firm, slapping the pit bull's paws away, and telling her plainly to get the fuck away, she panicked and tried to escape. Not a good idea when you're dealing with heartless predators. I don't doubt that she is able to look back and rationally assess such situations clearly shortly thereafter, the damage has already been done. She's let them get to her and further promoted the notion that she's BSC.

I think that, at her core, Shannon is a very decent and good person. She just doesn't do well in the vicinity of mean-spirited persons. She knows that Tamra, Meghan, and to some extent Heather fall into that category. But when will she see that David is just a low-key, soft-spoken variant of the same beast?

• Love 14
(edited)

Seems Meghan won't be getting the 10 million dollare mansion she asked for. JIm bought one for 2.87 million. Wow Meghan is in the back of the pack when it comes to home values. Dubrows, Beadors, Vicki and then Edmonds. Seems the ex-wife had a much nicer place. http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-meghan-king-jim-edmonds-house-20150707-story.html

Wow something is up with these two--this article speaks of all of Jim's real estate dealings. Buy a house in April sell in December? http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-jim-edmonds-house-20141202-story.html

Neither desert home is exactly a mansion.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1
(edited)

I knew Heather as an actress before RHOOC.. I think she's a real actor too. I know real actors, mostly from Doctor Who .None of them are stars.They are serious jobbing actors who work hard. They aren't stars. Most actors have careers more like Heather, than  like Angelina Jolie.

Edited by JennyMominFL
(edited)

I was raised to respect my elders. In a major way. Like, there was punishment if I ever dared talked back to or raised my voice towards any adult. And I always did just that. Until my first job out of college when these 2 old BITCHES in the office made my life a. living. hell. I mean, these women were grandmothers! And they were SO incredible nasty to me that I was crying in the bathroom almost on a daily basis.

So ya know what I learned at a very young adult? Biological age don’t mean shit. Once you are an adult (which I consider 18+)respect is earned, not assumed because somebody happened to be born 2…3…4 decades before me.

So, while she certainly has her faults, I refuse to give Megan any grief about not "respecting" Shannon or Vicki simply because they happen to be older than her.

You're so right! I grew up having "respect your elders" as a rule too but that was back in the "fire and brimstone" days. Once I was out in the business world, like you I came to realize that it doesn't apply across the board IMHO. Respect has to be earned and I still believe that even though I'm closer to the "elder" category than ever.

I haven't been posting much here on the OC because I find it far less interesting than NY so I'm playing catch up in this thread. I've seen posts suggesting that Briana contacted someone or texted Vicki to have her call on a land line for privacy since the HWs typically use their cell phones on speaker. That just doesn't make sense to me. If that "land line" call was for that purpose, why was the lighting and camera crew there ready to film? While I don't doubt Vicki's grief, I do believe that scene was reenacted or staged.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

I think that "real actors" stick to the stage, or at least have a background in theater. I don't know enough about Heather to say whether that is the case with her.

Definitely true in the UK, not so much in the USA.

Heather and ACTOR?  I don't think so.   I just checked her filmography and nearly every appearance she's don't is a one and done.  The only place where she had more than one appearance was for Good Day LA and Real Housewives.  So, she's basically  nothing more than a guest shot.  And, she's never done a movie, according iMDB.  

• Love 2

I think that "real actors" stick to the stage, or at least have a background in theater. I don't know enough about Heather to say whether that is the case with her.

I have no opinion about our Ms Heather but well, yes and no. I spent a few decades making my living in the theater with some film and TV work thrown in, even have a degree in theater  for what it's worth--but on the tech side, not acting but sure as shootin' saw , worked with and knew a butt load of actors along the way.

There are two basic schools of thought about that. One school is that 'real' actors are stage actors. It's live, it's one chance to get it right, it's eight performances a week for (you hope) weeks and months on end so you have to be able to maintain the concentration and emotions and all and be able to sustain. The other basic school of thought--from film folks-- is that it's harder or at least different to keep your emotion/character/concentration throughout multiple takes, shots, reverse shots and all of that and with filming often being done out of sequence to complicate things. In a single day you could be filming the first scene and then follow it up with something which comes an hour later in the script. It can be jarring to shift gears.

I'm not coming down for either side as, to a degree, they're different angles of the craft and art of acting. It's also (IMO) true that acting is acting and if you're good enough (Cough-Meryl Streep-cough) you can do whatever is asked of you.

Just sayin'.

• Love 8

Heather had a fairly consistent working career for about five or six years from 1996/7 till around 2002. I even remembered her on Jenny and That's Life..and always wondered what happened to her.

With that said, I think that the brief phone call to Terry showed the real heather. I want more of that heather..please.

Meghan seems to be the only one without anything going on in her life hence why is starting trouble. Shame if she goes after vicki regarding the brooks faking cancer thing considering her losing her mom... very heartless

• Love 6
(edited)

Heather and ACTOR? I don't think so. I just checked her filmography and nearly every appearance she's don't is a one and done. The only place where she had more than one appearance was for Good Day LA and Real Housewives. So, she's basically nothing more than a guest shot. And, she's never done a movie, according iMDB.

She was a regular on three different series, short lived but many actors would kill for that career given the likelihood of getting cast in a pilot and having the pilot picked up. Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5

And Heather's character in That's Life, was arguably the lead. And that show lasted 2 years.

And stop making me defend  Heather. I can't stand her, but I have to disagree about her not being an actor. I know too many people with careers that are NOT as good as hers was.

And there is no shame in taking the focus off acting to raise a family. 

• Love 13

I haven't been posting much here on the OC because I find it far less interesting than NY so I'm playing catch up in this thread. I've seen posts suggesting that Briana contacted someone or texted Vicki to have her call on a land line for privacy since the HWs typically use their cell phones on speaker. That just doesn't make sense to me. If that "land line" call was for that purpose, why was the lighting and camera crew there ready to film? While I don't doubt Vicki's grief, I do believe that scene was reenacted or staged.

The lighting and camera crews were there to film the party.  They followed Vicki to the phone.  If I were hoping to catch the drama at an otherwise dull event, I'd stay with the Vicks.  She brings a level of non-self-aware crazy to so many things. (Also, the lighting was very extreme for the small room.)  I assume they folow her to the bathroom in case they can get her screaming "I was bleeding out my ass!" again.   Vicki is nuts but she is reality gold.  

• Love 6

Seems Meghan won't be getting the 10 million dollare mansion she asked for. JIm bought one for 2.87 million. Wow Meghan is in the back of the pack when it comes to home values. Dubrows, Beadors, Vicki and then Edmonds. Seems the ex-wife had a much nicer place. http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-meghan-king-jim-edmonds-house-20150707-story.htmlWow something is up with these two--this article speaks of all of Jim's real estate dealings. Buy a house in April sell in December? http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-jim-edmonds-house-20141202-story.htmlNeither desert home is exactly a mansion.

Not understanding all the buying and selling he is doing, but I do love the pools at both of those homes. I like the big home, too, but not the decor in either of them. Waaaayyyy too stuffy and heavy for me -- and white furniture??? Yikes!

I don't care for Heather all that much . . .  she is the real deal has a BFA from Syracuse University and background in theatre and musicals.  She studied and applied her trade.  She was three series and done.  I do think Terry liked the idea of being married to a working actress.   Her series got cancelled and she happily had twins.   Life just works for Heather.

• Love 5

I don't care for Heather all that much . . . she is the real deal has a BFA from Syracuse University and background in theatre and musicals. She studied and applied her trade. She was three series and done. I do think Terry liked the idea of being married to a working actress. Her series got cancelled and she happily had twins. Life just works for Heather.

Yeah, I hate to defend Heather on this...but there is no reason to write off her acting career except for disliking her. She has a real degree from a respected program and had a pretty impressive resume before taking time off to have a family. As for whether she took time off because she was running out of work or just because...could be either way. 4 kids in about 10 years is kind of a lot. Between pregnancy and breastfeeding she just might have felt busy and a TV series is pretty brutal hours. My mom had 4 in 9 years and jokes that she didn't do anything non-baby related during the 1970s. It could be that the work dried up so she concentrated on the kids or it could have been her choice to take a break. Either way her resume is actually impressive. Lots of actors never get as far as she has.
  • Love 8
(edited)

I think that David has been doing this sort of sneaky, passive-aggressive stuff for a while and that he usually knows better than to do it on camera. No wonder Shannon is a wreck. I have no sympathy for him after finding out about the DV charge and I don't understand why he has a following here other than that he is relatively good looking compared to the other men on the show (esp. when compared to toothless "Brokes" and Terry, who looks like some sort of gnome).

"Some sort of gnome" -- LMFAO! Can't sleep, I keep laughing...

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 5

I don't really have a dog in the Shannon/David issue. Or maybe I have two dogs since I think they both suck. I think David has a lot of issues and has cheated more than one and will continue to do so no matter what. Shannon could be perfect and he would cheat. I also think Shannon is pretty much a bottomless pit of need. I'm not sure any man could actually pay enough attention to her to make her feel loved. So you have an incredibly insecure and clingy woman coupled with a withdrawn and dishonest man. Just a bad combo all around. Honestly, the kind of remind me of Vicki and Don. There's the constant need for attention and the affairs and the same slow moving car crash aspect. I'm not surprised Vicki and Shannon get along so well. I think they're actually a lot alike.

• Love 4

I don't necessarily think the phone call scene was staged. Perhaps Brianna told Vicki she had something she couldn't talk to her about via cell phone on speaker settings. That in and of itself would give the producers a heads-up to be nearby. Vicki may be a reality TV veteran, but agreeing to re-enact hearing of your mother's death? IDK ...

I guess I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt the same way as I am regarding Brooks' cancer.

• Love 7

Yeah, I hate to defend Heather on this...but there is no reason to write off her acting career except for disliking her. She has a real degree from a respected program and had a pretty impressive resume before taking time off to have a family. As for whether she took time off because she was running out of work or just because...could be either way.

Not trying to beat a dead horse here but I'd like to add that back when I was actively working in theater the conventional wisdom was that at any given time 95% of actors were not working as actors--waiting tables or whatever.  The techies had it better; generally only around 50% were out of work. Heather had a pretty steady career for a decent amount of time; she didn't win any Oscars or Emmys but has nothing to be ashamed about.

Making your living in arts isn't for the feint of heart. My own son set his sights on being a glass worker, got into the best program in the country, bless his lil heart. After the first year he called me and said he'd decided to change from artistic glass (pretty wine glasses, jewelry, lighting  and the like) and transfer to scientific glass (high end custom stuff for labs, medical research, chemical or petroleum companies and the like-very technical and within extremely tight guidelines). He's now making completely legal and stupid expensive bongs selling in the 4-5 figures. Whatever.

• Love 10

I consider her a real actress.  There are a lot of actors like her.  They get cast in a show, the show does ok, but gets cancelled, a couple years later you see them on another show, they play the "friend" on one episode of bigger shows here and there.  Then she had 4 kids so acting took a back seat.  She's had a respectable career. 

• Love 8

Really, Heather's acting was much more real than many of the so-called career things most of these women have done. (Lol I am still in shock that the gym is actually open and running...) but it is not like Alexis' dress designs etc...Heather had a decent career and was good in that family drama. So let's give her that, even if she has sunk to a cartoon character rich girl persona now.

• Love 6
(edited)

Not trying to beat a dead horse here but I'd like to add that back when I was actively working in theater the conventional wisdom was that at any given time 95% of actors were not working as actors--waiting tables or whatever.  The techies had it better; generally only around 50% were out of work. Heather had a pretty steady career for a decent amount of time; she didn't win any Oscars or Emmys but has nothing to be ashamed about.

Making your living in arts isn't for the feint of heart. My own son set his sights on being a glass worker, got into the best program in the country, bless his lil heart. After the first year he called me and said he'd decided to change from artistic glass (pretty wine glasses, jewelry, lighting  and the like) and transfer to scientific glass (high end custom stuff for labs, medical research, chemical or petroleum companies and the like-very technical and within extremely tight guidelines). He's now making completely legal and stupid expensive bongs selling in the 4-5 figures. Whatever.

Smart kid.That market is about to really take off.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 4

In addition to coming off like a total jerk on the show, Jim Edmonds has a strange body.  The shot from his behind made him look like he's got a fat, uncoordinated ass.  But I'm sure it's the deep pockets that Meghan is interested in.

• Love 3

If Shannon and David's marriage makes it, I'll be shocked.  She couldn't even let a comment from Shannon on "proving herself" go.  How is she not going to fester on whether or not he's texting, emailing, or calling other women every time he's on his phone?

• Love 4

Jim and Meghan's new house seems so...cold. Granted, the pictures were taken when it was empty, but all that dark wood and marble makes it look very uninviting. I'd take their rental over this any day.

• Love 4

I'm not a Heather fan but she is and or was a legit actress. I'll give her that and the fact that she dresses well and seems healthy.

Plus it's my understanding that she brushes and flosses twice a day and wears her seat belt whenever she's in a moving vehicle. What a gal.

• Love 10

If Shannon and David's marriage makes it, I'll be shocked.  She couldn't even let a comment from Shannon on "proving herself" go.  How is she not going to fester on whether or not he's texting, emailing, or calling other women every time he's on his phone?

Right ????  DAMN that woman is a buzzkill.  (I'm assuming you meant let a comment from  "Meghan" on "proving herself" go. )

Never in my life did I think I'd be siding with the cheating party.   Well, in a manner of speaking.  I'd never CONDONE it.  I just sorta get it in this case.

• Love 4

Jim and Meghan's new house seems so...cold. Granted, the pictures were taken when it was empty, but all that dark wood and marble makes it look very uninviting. I'd take their rental over this any day.

It was kind of a starter mansion. Jim probably doesn't want to give away much more in a year or two...

• Love 6

Right ????  DAMN that woman is a buzzkill.  (I'm assuming you meant let a comment from  "Meghan" on "proving herself" go. )

Never in my life did I think I'd be siding with the cheating party.   Well, in a manner of speaking.  I'd never CONDONE it.  I just sorta get it in this case.

Oops, yes you are so right!  

Mine too....and seeing Heather call Terry and break down.

I understand Vicki saying, who will worry about me....I just do.

Heart wrenching!

I'm going to have to watch this again as I missed Heather's breakdown.

I really do think Heather's a good person.  I know she's smart and while Tamra calls her "fancy pants" she can be fun.  I just wish she'd get off this "I'm 150K over budget..." crap.  

• Love 4

This 100%.

When my mother had a stroke and we knew she was gone. I found a small moment alone in the hospital room alone with her. I broke down cried like I had never cried before I rested my head on her shoulder and sobbed, told her how much I loved her and how much I would miss her. (I knew that since all the family had arrived we would be taking my mom off the ventilator that was breathing for her.) in walks a very close family member and tells me "come on now, you have to be strong". I was pissed, I snapped and told her to leave the room. I didn't speak to her for weeks I was so angry.

I give Vicki a pass on what she said about who will worry about me or whatever she said. I remember telling my husband who will love me now? He said he would, and I said no not like my mom, only your mom can love you unconditionally.

Ugh, this is bringing back some sad feelings.

I know how you feel. I was standing behind my Dad....he was in a wheelchair and I had my arms around him. When he asked his doctor how long he had to live (cancer), and the doctor said two weeks, I felt his tears run down my arms. Afterward, I went to the bathroom and sobbed so loudly that the doctor came to check on me. I understand Vickie's reaction so well.

Prayers to Vickie, You, and everyone here who has been there.

• Love 10

Just a note-Heather did not call and arrange for Brooks to come to Shannon's.  Brooks had heard the news and had a friend drive him to Shannon's so he could ride home with Vicki.  Thankfully, there was a short period of time before Brooks arrived and was able to escort a very fragile Vicki home.  Something tells me that Brooks had probably clued in production as well what the nature of the phone call Vicki needed to make was about.

They showed her calling him and asking if he needed a ride to Shannon's. So I give her credit.

• Love 2

I'm not a Heather fan, but, in this mess of humanity if I had to get an upsetting phone call while playing some tedious game, she's the one I'd want to have there.

Agreed. Unless, as many have suggested, the scene was a reenactment. If so, then Heather was just being an actress.

• Love 1

I'm not a Heather fan but she is and or was a legit actress. I'll give her that and the fact that she dresses well and seems healthy.

I agree (tho I wish I didn't ) that Heather was a legit actress (who remains a pompous twunt). I doubt she can ever reclaim whatever level of respect she had prior to the HWs -- I think her Bravo tenure is going to override her performance resume, other than novelty appearances on second-rate comedies.

• Love 2