Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I'm thinking that phone calls not cleared by production are prohibited...but cause it was a family emergency...the call was allowed..

In a way, this is the real in reality..but it's so ..raw. reminds me of when my mom found out about my grandmother's death..

• Love 1

I think using that scene of Vicki finding out about her Mother's death as a commercial is in really bad taste. I don't know if she is re-enacting it but either way, some things should remain sacred.

• Love 7
(edited)

I think using that scene of Vicki finding out about her Mother's death as a commercial is in really bad taste. I don't know if she is re-enacting it but either way, some things should remain sacred.

I agree. I thought the "no" and the floor crumpling were real. Once, when I received news of a death in the family I remember screaming, literally screaming, at the person on the other end to stop making prank calls. Of course, it wasn't a prank call. Grief is a real mindfuck and it was cruel to use it as an ad, reality show notwithstanding.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 2

They are at Shannon's house/ I think Vicki is in the craft or gift wrap room. I was wondering why would Briana find out before Vicki? I wonder if there is a really strict rule while filming about taking calls.

I think Brianna was with her, that Vicki's mom was visiting her or something. Vicki alludes to it in this weeks episode that just aired. That was why she knew first. Just guessing based on Vicki's comment.

Just saw the first look for this week's episode. Don't think I've ever hated anyone on these shows - until Meghan. In the thread for last week's episode (Charity) I said that she seems sociopathic. After seeing this first look I'm convinced that Meghan is an evil being who gets off on fucking with people's heads.

• Love 7

I really don't care if Ms Meg wants to position herself as the entitled bitch of the show but she's not even slightly entertaining; she's simply unpleasant with little or nothing to redeem her being such a pain in everyone's ass. She just seems like a nasty fuck and she's boring.

The end of the season will be time for her to go away, deal with the overpriced lawyers she hires for her divorce, fight for her 50% of the soon to be ex's income for the 20 minutes they were married and to accept being wife #3 and yesterday's news.

• Love 9

I must say I wasn't feeling negative towards Meghan when she didn't invite Shannon to her event as she wasn't feeling her and it's her house, have over who you want however, when Shannon invited Meg to her house in today's First Look, and Meg brought up that fracking telephone call again, I said yep she is an IDIOT! Shannon should have told her to "get off my jock!" I am glad Shannon called her on that "proving herself" BS. Really who does "new girl" think she is? Is it because she is married to a jock that gives her this sense of entitlement? What a fool.

• Love 9

Oy! Im not sure I want to see Vicki get that phone call. I don't like seeing people suffer like that.

That Meghan is a horrible person. Instead of balking at proving yourself to a 30 year old Shannon should ask her why she should prove herself to somebody who has accomplished so little in life. Fuck you Meghan. Stop complaining about packing, when you marry for money you earn every penny. Most people are excited to move because of the hopes of good things in store for them.

Heather's face looks so strange and artificial to me.

• Love 10

Meghan demonstrably has a difficult time letting petty points of contention go, but I'm not seeing how Shannon is any different. Mentions have been made of Meghan declining to accept Shannon's apology in Napa but, not a few minutes before, Shannon herself took it upon herself to deliver a lecture when Meghan tried to apologize. Meghan wasn't gracious when Shannon reached out but then Shannon can't help but resurrect conflict herself by calling Meghan back.

• Love 1

That Meg was hesitant to agree to come to Shannon's house right away wasn't unusual.  I think what was the most telling point of the phone calls and reactions is that Shannon 'had' to call her back.  Just another case of Shannon holding on to things and not letting go.  Like she does with her husband.  The other interesting thing is why does Shannon equate Meg's age to anything?  She's not going to let some 30 year old tell her something?  She said it twice.  What is it with these women and age?

Heather just tries too hard with her fabulous life.  She takes her kids to an adult hair salon so they can get a good haircut instead of going the kids' place. 

• Love 2

Heather said that she normally takes her kids to the kids hair cut place but at some point you need to get a good haircut and I can't disagree with her. Some adults probably go regularly to the Haircuttery but then once in a while splurge on a really good haircut and condition, color or whatever. I like Heather but I do FF through all the bragging about the house, however, I was with her on the haircut. 

I think Megan is a fucking brat. Any time Shannon extended a bit of an olive branch, instead of being gracious she was snippy and questioning Shannon's sincerity. Bitch just got there and needs to slow her roll. I think she is extremely ungracious and if I were Shannon I would have called her back, too, rather than let it fester. Megan has no fucking manners. I'm glad some of the girls left the party to go hang with S and Vicki.

I set my DVR for tonight but I am not sure I am prepared to watch Vicki learn about her mother's death. That is all kinds of sad and depressing and fucked up.

• Love 5

Not a Megan fan. I am sure her husband hates her already after being married 3 months. 

She is a bony thing too, gheesh. 

I lost a parent suddenly, recently,  in the social media age. I nearly found out via facebook before my family was able to reach me by phone. That's why they had to tell her during filming. The fact that they filmed it, *and aired the footage* is not OK with me. 

• Love 6

So Meghan got back at Shannon by humiliating her and not inviting her to the party and it went a little sideways for Meghan when Vicki didn't attend and took Shannon out and Tamra and Lizzie ended up joining them.  So now Shannon is being the good employee and inviting Meghan. Meghan has concerns for her safety because  Shannon left the conversation and made noise going up stairs and away from Meghan out of room.  I do not understand why Meghan has any concern for her safety.  Meghan is phony and by exaggerating this Shannon thing, much like the chair situation with Heather last year she has reached the level of I just don't buy anything she says. 

• Love 4

So Meghan got back at Shannon by humiliating her and not inviting her to the party and it went a little sideways for Meghan when Vicki didn't attend and took Shannon out and Tamra and Lizzie ended up joining them.  So now Shannon is being the good employee and inviting Meghan. Meghan has concerns for her safety because  Shannon left the conversation and made noise going up stairs and away from Meghan out of room.  I do not understand why Meghan has any concern for her safety. 

I did enjoy them showing Meghan was full of it via flashback to footage from last week. Umm, no, Meghan, Shannon did NOT leave screaming at you!

• Love 3

Guys, I'm not sure if I can watch this episode tonight.  Aside from being annoyed with Meghan's behavior in the First Look, I saw the clip on Bravo's website of Vicki and the phone call.  My heart just aches for Vicki. 

• Love 3

When Vicki gets the phone call, I'm curious who will be the first by her side. My guess it will be Jeana.

I agree....I think that even with everything that may have happened between Jeana and Vicki with the house sales, etc., they are still good friends.  Probably more so than Vicki and Tamra.

• Love 1

I'm all on board with the genuine sympathy for Vicki. Like many of you, I've lost both parents over the years, my mom suddenly through a stroke and dad went after a too long fight with heart disease and dementia. It tears your heart out, no matter who you are or how old you are when it happens. It hurts and there really aren't words to describe how it feels.

As to Ms Megs--I've donated countless hours, literally blood and years of specific, professional expertise to various charities I have attachments to and little burns my ass like the society idiots whose main and often only concern is the size and placement of their names in the program; the ones who show up for one meeting or read 2 e-mails and suddenly they think they're the big cheese and deserve kudos and thrown bouquets for their Lady Bountiful crap. Sure, I get you need people who are going to (hopefully) write the big checks, give the big donations. Money talks, big money shouts in some cases. I don't even really care if they're using some good cause to further their social standing or stroke their egos if the end result is more $ for pediatric cancer research or some such. Honest, I don't so long as I don't have to deal directly with them.

Megs impresses me as the worst kind of hypocrite regarding charity. She may well raise some serious money--I hope she does--but as she pats herself on the back it doesn't make her any less of a nasty fuck.

• Love 10

Not a Megan fan. I am sure her husband hates her already after being married 3 months. 

She is a bony thing too, gheesh. 

I lost a parent suddenly, recently,  in the social media age. I nearly found out via facebook before my family was able to reach me by phone. That's why they had to tell her during filming. The fact that they filmed it, *and aired the footage* is not OK with me. 

I'd like to think they asked her first and after all this time on TV she just said yes. Vicki does seem to show her many flaws and embarrassing moments. Her peeing on Tamra's bed oddly endeared her to me.

• Love 1

I'm all on board with the genuine sympathy for Vicki. Like many of you, I've lost both parents over the years, my mom suddenly through a stroke and dad went after a too long fight with heart disease and dementia. It tears your heart out, no matter who you are or how old you are when it happens. It hurts and there really aren't words to describe how it feels.

As to Ms Megs--I've donated countless hours, literally blood and years of specific, professional expertise to various charities I have attachments to and little burns my ass like the society idiots whose main and often only concern is the size and placement of their names in the program; the ones who show up for one meeting or read 2 e-mails and suddenly they think they're the big cheese and deserve kudos and thrown bouquets for their Lady Bountiful crap. Sure, I get you need people who are going to (hopefully) write the big checks, give the big donations. Money talks, big money shouts in some cases. I don't even really care if they're using some good cause to further their social standing or stroke their egos if the end result is more $ for pediatric cancer research or some such. Honest, I don't so long as I don't have to deal directly with them.

Megs impresses me as the worst kind of hypocrite regarding charity. She may well raise some serious money--I hope she does--but as she pats herself on the back it doesn't make her any less of a nasty fuck.

Agreed. But the best part was when Meghan anticipated everyone leaving her event thinking she was a sweetheart - something I imagine no one who's interacted with Meghan has ever thought.
  • Love 6

For some reason nothing grosses me out more than hearing Vicki say "butt-hole".

Vicki can be so crass sometimes; she must think she's hilarious but ugh, just tired of her vulgarness at this point. Despite that, I'm sure watching her breakdown after the phone call will make me cry becuase I'm a sucker like that.  Meghan is just a pill; have yet to see one redeeming quality from her other than hosting the JDRF fundraiser but that was done to introduce her to the OC...maybe this episode but I doubt it. Fifteen minutes in and Shannon has already cried; I feel for her and what she's been through, but I hope this isn't going to be all she does this season.

• Love 4

My heart broke for Vicki. I went through the lose of my Dad last fall. It's hard.

Why would you let all that be filmed? I never understand why these reality TV people allow that. RIP Vicki's Mom.

• Love 11

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that Bravo didn't cut away from Vicki learning that her mother had died.  They have no shame on this show, none.  Nothing is sacred.  Filming it is one thing, actually airing the footage is another.  What next?  One of the kids dying on camera?  The whole scene just kept going on and on and on, my god.  This was really a private moment that was very uncomfortable to watch.

I have never seen anything like that on reality tv.

They will have an interview with Vicki on WWHL tonight to discuss her mother's death. I hope that Andy addresses this because Bravo is taking a ton of heat for airing it. I have all the sympathy in the world for Vicki, but have little doubt that she gave the green light to show the footage. Never forget, she has said more than once that the moment Brianna told her she had eloped was her toughest moment. She wasn't told on camera, but they did it all over again so that they could film it. Clearly that is not the case here, just saying that she is not opposed to having personal family shit put on our TV for the sake of the show.

• Love 9

Yea I was with Vicky, rolling around on Shannon's floor sobbing, until she whined "who will worry about me now". Uh ok Vicks.

I mean the woman was 83, did Vicky have no idea that her mother was at that age when you start to think your parents might just die?

And she is just not a pretty crier. Though not many are.

• Love 19
(edited)
Why would you let all that be filmed? I never understand why these reality TV people allow that. RIP Vicki's Mom.

Well, very few people would be willing to do this & that's why Vicks gets the big bucks & Satan Andy will take it as far as she'll go & the audience can take it before they turn away.  This didn't make me sad at all.  It just felt very, very intrusive.  Invading such a private moment seems all kinds of wrong to me.  I didn't care for it.  

But I did like seeing when Vicks' mom told her that her hair looked yellow.  I mean, the woman was a hoot!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 8

Would they have stopped filming if Vicky said stop? I honestly think these people in the production company are awful and wouldn't stop even if someone demanded. I think Vicky was so focused on the phone call she forgot they were there.

• Love 9
(edited)
Wow. I never thought I'd have something in common with Vickie but unfortunately I do. I got pretty much that same phone call 10 weeks ago tomorrow except I was on the phone with the family member who found my mom... My reaction was pretty much the same as Vickie. It's awful. It will never not be awful.

It's the phone call everyone dreads.  But would you want it filmed for Satan Andy to chop & edit the way he sees fit -- to entertain people with your grief?  There's something mighty horrible about that to me.  THIS IS MERELY ONE REASON I CALL HIM SATAN ANDY.  I know, I know, I know, I know -- Vicki is fully in this (and getting paid well for it).  She's permitting the cameras to roll & record her grief.  But Satan Andy has taken full advantage of it.  Seems mighty distasteful to me.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 15
(edited)

Cried ugly tears watching that. Man, it was brutal. At the same time I agree Vicki has zero shame and her narcissism knows no bounds. "Who will worry about me NOOOOWWWWWW?!?!" "She was my best friend, too!!!" I'm shocked that they let that be filmed much less aired. The raw honesty of her realization that "I have no parents" really cut me to the quick though.

Lots to say here but above all: condolences to the entire family and RIP Vicki's mom. Here's hoping you have your party pants on up there.

ETA (because it always bears saying) Fuck you and your creepy combover, Crooks. GAH.

Edited by MollyZee
  • Love 6

No snark from me tonight. We shall all be in the same place one day with our parents deaths. I know that my moms days are growing less and less with each passing year that I grow older. This is the the way of life/death.

• Love 17
(edited)

No matter how old we are, they're always our 'Mommy and Daddy'. A parent's love is unconditional (for most), so to lose that is almost hard to imagine.  I completely lost it when Vicki said "I want my Mommy.".  My parents are getting up there in age, and my father has serious health issues, so I know it's something I have to be prepared for sooner than later. But I won't be..I will be just like Vicki. :(

That said, I'm so, so sorry about the loss of your Mom, Any day now (huge virtual hugs).

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 15