Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

So I did find Vicki's lack of concern about her brother, who actually found their mother dead, odd. JMO

I might find it odd for a normal person.  But for Vicki?  Right in character.  Classic narcissist.

I'll take the word of you guys that have lost mothers that Vicki's reaction was genuine, to me it seemed just way too over the top to be believable. I come from stoic Irish stock, my reaction would have been more like Heather's- what needs to be done etc, especially if I am on the phone with my daughter who needs me to be strong right now. Not criticizing Vicki's reaction if it was genuine, we all respond to these things differently.

That exchange between David and Shannon was so bizarre. Is he trying to gaslight her by hinting that every female encounter might be The Affair? Why would he be so vague and cryptic when describing her? If my husband ran into a woman I knew he would just say "I saw Jill at Pricechopper". No need to play secret squirrel. There was more to that conversation than we saw.

As I mentioned, I have been through the death of both parents (one unexpected and one after a brief illness), and I still found her hysterical reaction very much over the top.  Now, do I think she was re-enacting things? No.  I just think that's Vicki's M.O.  Histrionics, drama, and me-me-me.  Hell, just look at the scene they flashed back to the LAST bunco party with Vicki screaming at Gretchen at the top of her lungs. 

• Love 7

I think it was real and not staged.  I was proud of Heather and how she took control and handled things.  Shannon, oh Shannon....get thee off thy show.  She's a trainwreck.  

So,  for my usual weekly summary:  Shannon = BSC.  Heather, my love for her grows each day.  

• Love 6

BSC= bat shit crazy.

Meghan is a nasty piece of work, but man oh man, I just CAN'T with Shannon.  What an insecure, cranky bitch.   I understand her husband cheated and I wouldn't wish  that on my worst enemy, but come on Shannon....... either kick him to the curb or DEAL WITH IT.

I used to work with a woman who went through what Shannon is dealing with. This woman was big into playing perfect wife and mother, her kids were always spotless, her house perfect, her meals home cooked and on the table every night at 6, she volunteered for the PTA. Her entire self worth was invested in being the perfect housewife and all that went with it in the cliches of the suburbs, the 50's and pre-women's lib. Then her hub had an affair and tossed her (and the kids) over for a newer, younger model.

Her self-esteem, her reason for being was gone, She either didn't know how to deal or simply couldn't. She turned into an angry shrew. Nasty, unpleasant to be around or deal with, a total bitch and angryangryangry.

Shannnon's reaction reminds me of her, but in a more passive aggressive way. Her reason for being has been submarined and she's floundering. Shannon is pissed, desperately hurt and seems like she doesn't know what to do. With luck therapy may help because, as it stands, this marriage doesn't have much left in from what I can see.

• Love 2
(edited)

My mom fell in her house and broke the c1 and c2 vertebra in her neck.  They did the surgery, but for an 81 year old, it's not usually successful.  Mom was beginning to fade away and I was telling her to fight, and get better.  Can you believe that they called a social worker and she pulled me out of her room and yelled at me because you're not supposed to "put your will on your mother".  I'm not kidding.  That social worker really yelled at me.  I was totally pissed.

To add to all the really great things everyone has said, you just don't know what you will do in a situation like Vicki's until you face it yourself.  But, with that said, I don't put it past Bravo to do anything.  That network has become the trash network of TV, and Andy and his people are the main contributors to this trash.  There are so many things that this network has done that nothing surprises me anymore.  So, while I don't think Vicki's reaction was redone for TV, I but Bravo would pull any kind of crap for ratings.  

I've known quite a few professional athletes in my line of work, and I have to say that the ones who are really great looking when they're young, tend to not age well.  On the other hand, I've known some who were just OK as younger guys, but as they got older, they really became very attractive and downright good looking.  Jim is in the previous category.  He was pretty good looking when he first came into the majors, but as he's heading into middle age, he's not aging well at all.  Not to mention is that  he's one big total ass-wipe.  

Why do Jim and Meghan keep going from rental to rental?  Why don't they just buy a freaking house and move in permanently?  Makes no sense, unless money is a problem.

When Shannon first called Meghan, when Meghan didn't have much makeup on, I thought she could pass for Shannon's daughter.  I think they really resemble each other.  

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 4

Vicki's remarks about Jim's frequent absences were kind of hypocritical imo. He's gone so often because "he works! He has a job!" If people aren't laboring until 1 am or however late she remains at her insurance office, we've seen her deride them as lazy. The Edmonds marriage doesn't look too hot but it has nothing inherently to do with Jim's professional obligations in StL . . . I don't think Meghan behaved inappropriately at Shannon's. She very briefly offered her condolences and let Shannon, Heather, and Tamra provide most of the support for Vicki. As for the remark itself, it wasn't the most eloquent or insightful statement but not sure what she was supposed to say. "I love you" is pretty much the only statement that is entirely neutral in those circumstances ("I'm so sorry for your loss" seems like it would have been a really bad thing to say during the sobbing) and that would have been inappropriate. I also still suspect that foyer scene may have been a recreation, which would be upped the Kafka quotient to an unimaginable degree.

• Love 3

This is what I don't get.  Supposedly Briana tells her mother to call her on a land line so she can tell her mother the news without being on speaker.  So, she knows that Bravo is filming.  Why the heck would Briana tell her mother this while Vickie is with a group of women filming?  That was just stupid.  Briana knows her mother well enough to realize her mother is going to have a major breakdown when she heard the news.  Meanwhile, Billy called Brooks according to Vickie's blog:

Brooks had gotten a call from my brother Billy and knew that I was at bunco at Shannon's. He knew that I was going to be a mess, so one of his friends drove him to Shannon's so he could ride home with me. Having Brooks there for me within a half hour of getting this horrible news was so nice. It's times like this you really know who you can count on and I am thankful he was there for me.

Maybe I'm just different but I would have coordinated between Billy, Brooks and Briana to get Vicki out of Shannon's house and get her home and then tell her in private.  At that point how many other people would have known besides the immediate family?  Text the family member not to contact Vicki, make an excuse and get her out.

It is possible that Briana, who was very close to her Grandmother, was not thinking clearly either and needed her mom more than waiting until filming was done for the night, if she knew for a fact Vicki was even filming that night. Most likely, Billy tried to call Vicki at home, got no answer, then called/told Briana, and finally calling  Brooks to let him/them know.  JMO

• Love 7

It was way too much screen time of a personal tragedy.  It may be too soon to voice this and perhaps it's cause I was just at a funeral for a friend's mother who died unexpectedly and no one fell out on the floor when it happened.  And while I believe the emotion was genuine, I also believe there's a "camera factor" that plays into how these reality stars act when the cameras are rolling - so yeah, unintentional as I'm willing to believe it was, I think having the cameras there made her response more exaggerated than it would have been if it had been done without the rolling cameras.  Her mother died the first week in February, so she's had several months to deal with it - yes I'm going to hell but I don't really care to have her deal with it week after week for the rest of the season.  Which maybe we won't have to cause given preview snippets, the cast starts to question Brooks' cancer.           

• Love 4

I won't comment on Vicki. People mourn the way they do.

Count me in among those who are starting to get bothered by the harping on Megan's age. 30 isn't that young. And what difference does it make? Age is a fact not a trait. We all are the age we are. There's no age that is morally superior to another. And while Megan is immature, I wouldn't actually say she more immature than other cast members. I think Shannon is just lashing out because she's feeling insecure about getting older. Also Shannon, the whole point of a cell phone is you can talk anywhere. You don't have to sit at a desk to use one. What was that?

I have two theories about the David conversation. 1) David is trying to make a habit of telling Shannon about any unusual contact with another woman. He ran into a friend of Shannon's had an awkward conversation along the lines of "yes we're still married" told Shannon about it, but can't remember the woman's name, hence the "woman on the beach" stuff. 2) David has started his next affair and setting up his cover story if Shannon hears he was seen with this woman.

• Love 4
(edited)
Vicki's remarks about Jim's frequent absences

I mean, WTF, Vicks?  What about all those zillions of separate vacays you took during your marriage to Donn?  Hun, that ALWAYS made me give you a stinkeye about the shitty state of your marriage.  First the comments about Meghan's financial situation as a SAHM & now this?  Oh Vicks, go back to pouring on the grief-stricken routine & "nursing" Brooks & work that for the rest of the season.

I'm still kinda floored by Meghan's nerve, telling Shannon she needed to prove herself to her.  Who says shit like this?  Man, every ep, she seems like a bigger & bigger asshole.  First that shit with demanding Shannon look at her when she was talking & now this.  Sheesh, Meghan you really are a fucking asshole.  As stated above, she's an asshole because she's an asshole.  30 or 90, she's still an asshole.

But I'll give Meghan one thing -- she doesn't seem like a yeller, at least not yet.  I can't especially picture her screaming STFU as Bethenny so charmingly did.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 8

I think it's kinda interesting -- this issue of people being very careful not to be unkind by implying (or outright saying) Vicks could very well have re-enacted that crying scene & while her grief is clearly real, she may have exaggerated it enormously for the cameras.  Sure, her act of doing this is extraordinarily distasteful.  But she & Satan Andy very cleverly & coyly put the viewer in the position of feeling uncomfortable making this accusation.  It's pretty smart actually, if extremely underhanded & just oh-so-typical of Satan Andy's tactics to manipulate viewer reactions.

Sorta the same thing with Brooks' cancer.  He may be faking it or exaggerating what the real deal is with him.  Wouldn't put it past a slimy con artist like him.  But any accusations of it make the accuser look bad.  Hmmm.

• Love 4

I think that Brianna sent her a text and told her to find a landline, because nothing else makes sense. The thing that is strange to me is that she let the cameras follow her, when she had to assume the purpose of having her take the call not from her cell phone was because it was private. We have seen other moments where a HW will go behind doors to deal with private stuff. Yo taking the call from David regarding Bella's DUI comes to mind. She might just have not been thinking, but that was all I could focus on - why did she let the cameras in when she should have assumed the idea behind a different phone was to keep it away from Bravo.

Because Vicki is a narcissist. She loves attention. She doesn't think in terms of privacy or tact. If she got a text asking her to find a landline (and I think you're right about that), it's just not in her m.o. to think that maybe the call should be shielded from the cameras. I had no doubt Vicki was perfectly fine with Bravo filming and then airing this episode, and her comments seem to back this up. Notice we're all talking about her today. She is eating it up.

• Love 9

Wait, Meghan and Jim have been moving to different rentals? I thought they were constantly buy and selling houses.

My guess is the house that was on the market "forever" was one that belonged to Jim and Allison and was sold and the profitis divided.  perhaps it was rented during his life in St. Louis.  I have no idea why they have a desert m

It is possible that Briana, who was very close to her Grandmother, was not thinking clearly either and needed her mom more than waiting until filming was done for the night, if she knew for a fact Vicki was even filming that night. Most likely, Billy tried to call Vicki at home, got no answer, then called/told Briana, and finally calling  Brooks to let him/them know.  JMO

I am going to guess that Billy called his sibs first and when Vicki wasn't available he told Brooks.  Billy probably then called Briana who was able to talk to production about getting Vicki a land line.  By Vicki requesting a land line I think she was well aware something was not right.  You can see the face of Vicki's watch when she in the study so one could get a pretty good idea how long it took to get the news to Vicki.  Whoever decided to have Briana deliver the news was a good thinker.  Vicki and Briana needed each other at that moment.  I always thought it was very sweet that Vicki's mom was in on the birth of at least one of her two great grandchildren. 

Here is Vicki's one on one with Andy Cohen.  She had not seen the episode.  http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/real_housewives_orange_county_vicki_gunvalson_moms_death_news_nightmare-2015-07

• Love 3

I completely disagree with the bold part. The people on these shows have absolutely no say in what gets aired no matter how sensitive it is. Kyle begged and pleaded with everyone at BRAVO not to air the footage of her calling Kim an alcoholic. If Vicki had begged for that footage not to be shown, they would have shown her her contract and said "sorry" it serves the show. Maybe they would have said "we will be a sensitive as possible." But, there is no way the wouldn't have aired it. The second they sign the contract they lose all say in what gets aired - no matter how sensitive the material.

Don't forget Adrienne's surrogacy secret on Beverly Hills. Not only was this an extremely private and sensitive matter that Adrienne didn't want Bravo to air, but she threatened to sue them, and they still aired it.

• Love 1
I have two theories about the David conversation. 1) David is trying to make a habit of telling Shannon about any unusual contact with another woman. He ran into a friend of Shannon's had an awkward conversation along the lines of "yes we're still married" told Shannon about it, but can't remember the woman's name, hence the "woman on the beach" stuff.

Okay, thank you, because this actually makes a lot of sense. I can see David doing that, in case the woman might tell Shannon first and then Shannon would be all, "How come you didn't tell me you talked to ____???"

• Love 2
DAMN you Bravo and Cohen for doing this to us all.  We watch these stupid shows for silly entertainment, not for the invasive morbid-ness of last night's show.

Truth be told, I like to watch these eps a zillion times again On Demand, as sorta white noise, while I'm doing work at home.  I suspect I'm not alone in this habit.  And the On Demand runs add significantly to secondary ratings tallies. So you may wanna think about that, Satan Andy, when doing another death ep.  Cuz this is one I will definitely NOT watch again.  Way too depressing.  Bragging assholes & yelling & screaming?  Oh yeah, I'm in.  Awesome white noise.  Death-related shit?  No fuckin' way, Satan Andy.  Er, I'd rather watch Bethenny screaming STFU than see anything on death, thanks.

• Love 2

Don't forget Adrienne's surrogacy secret on Beverly Hills. Not only was this an extremely private and sensitive matter that Adrienne didn't want Bravo to air, but she threatened to sue them, and they still aired it.

Actually they didn't. They did everything but. Nobody ever says surrogate on camera. Anyway, I doubt Vicki would want the footage pulled. I don't think it bothers her to live on camera.

• Love 7

30 is not that young.  It's just these others are close to 60.  So there's some jealousy.

Gretchen was 30 when she joined the cast.

I think the only one "close" to 60 is Jeanna.  Vicki and Shannon are 51 or 52 I believe. 

• Love 1

Vicki's relentless, primal screeching was very telling....it was all full of what she/Vicki needed...not a word about whether her mother suffered or of how Vicki should have been there for her mom, not the other way around...and especially telling was the part she yelled about having nobody to care about her/Vicki...isn't Crooks supposed to be her 'man'...shouldn't she be looking to/thinking of him for her comfort?  I've never liked Vicki and remember particularly the episode seasons ago when she was at her mom's home and actually demanding her mom tell Vicki that she loved her...something very wrong with that whole picture....back to this episode....Crooks is having a very difficult time putting on the sympathy face....he just looks like someone who guesses he's supposed to be playing the part of the concerned SO and that face is the best he can do....OH SNAP...they just replayed the scene where Vicki corners her mom and gets an exasperated and reluctant 'I love you'....hope she enjoyed it...so glad I don't watch this one on a regular basis...Trampy is looking older and harder and older and harder....geesch...

• Love 10

Actually they didn't. They did everything but. Nobody ever says surrogate on camera. Anyway, I doubt Vicki would want the footage pulled. I don't think it bothers her to live on camera.

Yea, you're right - they "bleeped" the word. (That was the effect of the lawsuit threat). But then of course the secret was exposed, and the entire season revolved around a private family matter that Adrienne didn't want to be revealed or aired.

• Love 2

Add me to the list of people perplexed about the other ladies' harping on Megan's age of 30 as an excuse for her behavior. It's 30. Not 19. At 30, you're a grown-ass adult, and by then you should know how to conduct yourself around others. If you're an asshole at 30, it's not because you're young, it's because you're just an asshole.

Haha: get back to us when you're in your 50s or 60s and dealing with someone half your age with half your life or professional experience trying to school you. I think that's what gets their gourd. Megan really does have awful manners and no grace. Like Shannon said, "the balls on her!" No wonder her husband has her moving all around and spends barely any time with her and cringes at her touch.

• Love 16
(edited)

30 is not that young.  It's just these others are close to 60.  So there's some jealousy.

Gretchen was 30 when she joined the cast.

You're so right, 30 is not that young. But Meghan doesn't act her chronological age. She comes across as a self-centered, conniving, and entitled teenager, never a smart or emotionally/intellectually mature 30 year old. Not once. But she'll always be that way, regardless of her age.

As for jealously of her youth being the cause of any friction with the older HWs, that may be with a few of them. But mostly, I suspect, it's because she's a spoiled and trouble making intern. We do know that she has that older shit stirrer Tamra's considerable admiration; that says a lot right there.

Plus there's the fact that so many posters on this forum find Meghan's very presence on the screen annoying and tiresome. And it has nothing to do with her being 30.

Edited by Should Be Working
  • Love 12

I mean, WTF, Vicks? What about all those zillions of separate vacays you took during your marriage to Donn? Hun, that ALWAYS made me give you a stinkeye about the shitty state of your marriage. First the comments about Meghan's financial situation as a SAHM & now this? Oh Vicks, go back to pouring on the grief-stricken routine & "nursing" Brooks & work that for the rest of the season.

I'm still kinda floored by Meghan's nerve, telling Shannon she needed to prove herself to her. Who says shit like this? Man, every ep, she seems like a bigger & bigger asshole. First that shit with demanding Shannon look at her when she was talking & now this. Sheesh, Meghan you really are a fucking asshole. As stated above, she's an asshole because she's an asshole. 30 or 90, she's still an asshole.

But I'll give Meghan one thing -- she doesn't seem like a yeller, at least not yet. I can't especially picture her screaming STFU as Bethenny so charmingly did.

I think she knows of what she speaks. I don't think Vicki was being a hypocrite. Her marriage was bad and they divorced. Vicki taking all those vacations alone spoke volumes about their marriage.

I think she was just saying that Jimmy being gone so much isn't a good sign. Vicki is a jerk and can be horrible but I think she was just saying what we all have been saying, the Edmond marriage looks shaky, not good.

I know Jim works and that is why he is gone a lot but that marriage looks miserable. Jim couldn't wait for Meghan to leave the house. They have no children/she doesn't have a job, why can't she travel with him?

I know his daughter lives with them but the mother lives in OC right? I know she has cancer but we saw her at the party and is not bed ridden, the daughter is not a toddler. I just don't understand Jim and Meghan.

• Love 9

I used to work with a woman who went through what Shannon is dealing with. This woman was big into playing perfect wife and mother, her kids were always spotless, her house perfect, her meals home cooked and on the table every night at 6, she volunteered for the PTA. Her entire self worth was invested in being the perfect housewife and all that went with it in the cliches of the suburbs, the 50's and pre-women's lib. Then her hub had an affair and tossed her (and the kids) over for a newer, younger model.

Her self-esteem, her reason for being was gone, She either didn't know how to deal or simply couldn't. She turned into an angry shrew. Nasty, unpleasant to be around or deal with, a total bitch and angryangryangry.

Do you work with Betty Broderick? lol

• Love 16

I think she knows of what she speaks. I don't think Vicki was being a hypocrite. Her marriage was bad and they divorced. Vicki taking all those vacations alone spoke volumes about their marriage.

I think she was just saying that Jimmy being gone so much isn't a good sign. Vicki is a jerk and can be horrible but I think she was just saying what we all have been saying, the Edmond marriage looks shaky, not good.

I know Jim works and that is why he is gone a lot but that marriage looks miserable. Jim couldn't wait for Meghan to leave the house. They have no children/she doesn't have a job, why can't she travel with him?

I know his daughter lives with them but the mother lives in OC right? I know she has cancer but we saw her at the party and is not bed ridden, the daughter is not a toddler. I just don't understand Jim and Meghan.

Jim's kids in SL are young right? I wonder if he married Megan so she would take care of the kids, but then the CA move happened. I know a surprising number of single parents who cannot be alone with their kids. The keep moving in with girlfriends/boyfriends, but what they're really doing is securing babysitting. Jim does not strike me as a hands on dad.

• Love 6

They aired it without actually airing it.  The only way I knew what it was actually about was because some kind soul in the forums did the research - the viewers never heard or saw what The Big Secret was on the show.

I don't think it was a wart that Heather had removed, because there are over the counter medications that will get rid of warts and leave no scar.  She would never opt for a painful and deep punch-out just for a wart, nor would Terry present that as an option.

• Love 5

Because Vicki is a narcissist. She loves attention. She doesn't think in terms of privacy or tact. If she got a text asking her to find a landline (and I think you're right about that), it's just not in her m.o. to think that maybe the call should be shielded from the cameras. I had no doubt Vicki was perfectly fine with Bravo filming and then airing this episode, and her comments seem to back this up. Notice we're all talking about her today. She is eating it up.

I also don't think that Vicki had ANY idea the call would be about her mother dying. She wasn't sick and had just spoken with her. I don't think it was manufactured. I saw real grief. Hugs to all who have lost parents. I fully expect that when my mom passes I will react exactly like Vicki.

• Love 12

I'm watching it now and I can't get over Meghan saying in her talking head how Jimmy never does anything when they move and how he thinks moving Fairies pack and unpack everything, but in between her TH's they show him unpacking. I don't know about him, he seems like a jerk, but she just rubs me the wrong way. 

• Love 6

If there are no moving fairies, then who exactly was Meghan complaining about when she said "they even packed up my trash"?  The only person I saw doing actual nothing in all the moving scenes was her.   Her entitlement is nauseating. 

• Love 12

Jim's kids in SL are young right? I wonder if he married Megan so she would take care of the kids, but then the CA move happened. I know a surprising number of single parents who cannot be alone with their kids. The keep moving in with girlfriends/boyfriends, but what they're really doing is securing babysitting. Jim does not strike me as a hands on dad.

Are they? I don't know? Maybe he did marry Meghan to be a babysitter lol. Can't be because he likes her, he seems annoyed at everything she does and says, I get it, she is annoying. However, I didn't marry her 4 months ago. (at 4 months of marriage you should barely be coming up for air :)

So his second wife lives in St Louis? Did she used to live in OC? As she was going to be on RHoOC.

• Love 3

Are they? I don't know? Maybe he did marry Meghan to be a babysitter lol. Can't be because he likes her, he seems annoyed at everything she does and says, I get it, she is annoying. However, I didn't marry her 4 months ago. (at 4 months of marriage you should barely be coming up for air :)

So his second wife lives in St Louis? Did she used to live in OC? As she was going to be on RHoOC.

I think it was the 1st wife (the one in OC with cancer) who was going to be on the show. I think?

• Love 1
(edited)

I think it was the 1st wife (the one in OC with cancer) who was going to be on the show. I think?

Oh ok thanks.

I was shocked when I heard (on these boards) about another of his wives was going to be on this show but backed out last minute.

Edited by imjagain
(edited)

Pretty sure it was his 2nd wife, Allison.  They were married in 2008.  She is the one who is friends with Heather D. 

You're so right, 30 is not that young. But Meghan doesn't act her chronological age. She comes across as a self-centered, conniving, and entitled teenager, never a smart or emotionally/intellectually mature 30 year old. Not once. But she'll always be that way, regardless of her age.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I do believe the same can be said for a number of these housewives.  I'll use Vicki as an example.  From her oh-so witty descriptions of things she doesn't like as "stupid" to her constant use of words like "butthole" to her child-like musings of "why do people have to die?" last night-- it seems very clear to me that Vicki is stunted mentally somewhere around age 16.  Tamra is another one.  A mother of 4 who is dreadfully immature. Naked wasted anyone?  I mean, come on.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 11

You stopped a drowning in a pool?

No sweetie.  I was called by the Sheriff's to look after the sister as they did their investigation.  I walked in as the parents were leaving.  I saw the kitchen, the pool, the towels, I played with the little girl in the garage to make sure she didn't have horrible memories of that day.  The Sheriffs were in the back yard.  I shielded her from seeing it.  That's when she took me to her room and we played and watched a Disney movie.  I stayed until the parents got home and was downstairs when they took her upstairs to tell her. There was a family member, an Aunt I think, who came but was too distraught to help the little girl.  I'll never forget the crying.  I went home at 1:00 am and sat by my daughter's bed.  They did send me a card expressing their thanks through the Sheriff's department.  The stories of my fellow posters losing their parents are so meaningful.  

• Love 14

I completely disagree with the bold part. The people on these shows have absolutely no say in what gets aired no matter how sensitive it is. Kyle begged and pleaded with everyone at BRAVO not to air the footage of her calling Kim an alcoholic. If Vicki had begged for that footage not to be shown, they would have shown her her contract and said "sorry" it serves the show. Maybe they would have said "we will be a sensitive as possible." But, there is no way the wouldn't have aired it. The second they sign the contract they lose all say in what gets aired - no matter how sensitive the material. 

Vicki said as much to Andy, she knows this is what she signed up for, it's part of the deal.  She said she's reaped tons of benefits from this show as well, it's all part of it.  I kind of think that's why she's lasted so long with Bravo (besides entertaining me for all these years) she doesn't try to censor the show or her actions.  It's just her life. 

This stuff with expecting so little of 30-year-olds is extremely bizarre to me.  Shannon just can't shake this disrespectful attitude & I'd like to know why.  If Meghan weren't such a big, huge, relentless, non-stop, flaming ole asshole, I'd side with her, but no.  Just no.  Never.

I have a theory on Shannon's dismissing Meghan as "a 30 year old" and using her age as some sort of pejorative:  If the woman David had the affair with was 30 then it could be a big red sore spot for Shannon.  I'm about Shannon's age and if my husband was cheating it would be bad but if he was cheating with a 30 year old(!) it would be worse somehow.   I don't know, just a theory.

If there are no moving fairies, then who exactly was Meghan complaining about when she said "they even packed up my trash"?  The only person I saw doing actual nothing in all the moving scenes was her.   Her entitlement is nauseating. 

I know! I still can't believe she has an "assistant" who already does almost everything for her.  Is she completely useless?   I loved having moving faires!  I remember the first time  my husband's company moved us (three different times) and they truly will pack up your trash if you leave in the house.  Seriously, the most we ever did on our way out was empty the trash and refrigerator, pack our suitcases and go.   It's the unpacking that sucks, lol.  

• Love 5
(edited)

As for jealously of her youth being the cause of any friction with the older HWs, that may be with a few of them. But mostly, I suspect, it's because she's a spoiled and trouble making intern. We do know that she has that older shit stirrer Tamra's considerable admiration; that says a lot right there.

Plus there's the fact that so many posters on this forum find Meghan's very presence on the screen annoying and tiresome. And it has nothing to do with her being 30.

I totally agree.

It's not that young.  She's just an ass.  

I'm not sure why Jim Edmonds married her.  She either has something on him or they were drunk in Vegas and he's very impulsive.  He's pulling the Kelsey Grammer routine by setting her up with something to call her own and then he'll be out.  My guess is they'll be in that rental and he'll file for divorce before they ever move into a house.

On Vicky's mom, I feel bad for feeling so jaded, but I got the impression that Vicki's screams were so everyone would come running to her and wonder what was wrong.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 4

No, "wife number 2" aka Allison - who presently lives in St. Louis - was the one slated to join the show in Alexis's spot for season 8. I believe Jim has always divided his time between the two cities because he has two daughters with Lee Ann (both of whom would have been obviously younger three years ago). Heather mentioned in the season premiere that she's friends with Allison, and that would have been Allison's entree into the narrative three years ago. Allison demonstrated herself to be the smartest woman ever associated with this franchise by backing out (obviously the writing was on the wall for her to get Camille Grammer-ed). I assume she just chose St. Louis since she lived there part-time as it was and, I believe, is originally from there (it's where she and Jim wed).

No, "wife number 2" aka Allison - who presently lives in St. Louis - was the one slated to join the show in Alexis's spot for season 8. I believe Jim has always divided his time between the two cities because he has two daughters with Lee Ann (both of whom would have been obviously younger three years ago). Heather mentioned in the season premiere that she's friends with Allison, and that would have been Allison's entree into the narrative three years ago. Allison demonstrated herself to be the smartest woman ever associated with this franchise by backing out (obviously the writing was on the wall for her to get Camille Grammer-ed). I assume she just chose St. Louis since she lived there part-time as it was and, I believe, is originally from there (it's where she and Jim wed).

• Love 5

Oooooooohhhhh, love this tea ;)  

• Love 3

Haha: get back to us when you're in your 50s or 60s and dealing with someone half your age with half your life or professional experience trying to school you. I think that's what gets their gourd. Megan really does have awful manners and no grace. Like Shannon said, "the balls on her!" No wonder her husband has her moving all around and spends barely any time with her and cringes at her touch.

In my line of work, I deal daily with the 25-35 demographic, and I can totally relate to what Shannon was saying.  

I have often found myself walking away from a conversation saying "Who the F does she think she's talking to?  She's only 30 years old"....so, Shannon's comments regarding Megan's age did not bother me at all.  

I think it really is a matter of personality and manners.  Megan is a bitch, plain and simple.  She is a mean "pretty" girl - the girl in high school that everyone wanted to be friends with, because they were afraid of her, not because they really wanted to be her friend.  

I think that unless Megan learns some personal humility and manners, she may wind up being a very lonely woman in her mature years, because eventually, by the time you are in your 50's, most people are just tired of that shit, won't deal with it anymore, and will separate from it.  

• Love 6

Meghan is probably not the person to be schooling the other "ladies" on etiquette, but I don't think there's anything abstractly outrageous about an interloper half the age of the other women pointing out their personality foibles. They may be closer to twice Meghan's age than not but they sure aren't twice as mature. Tamra: enough said. Vicki: screaming like a banshee pretty consistently, getting intoxicated to the point of incontinence, etc. Heather: playing pile-on with Alexis and participating in Shannon's gaslight. And Shannon herself does the exact same things that she derides Meghan for (lecturing over an apology, disdaining amends as a calculated ploy, etc). Maybe Katie Hamilton could offer some education even though she's only 35?

• Love 4
(edited)

Anyhoo, so Tamra is back to selling real estate?  I thought she was so busy working at Cut?  Hmmmmmm, I'll have to swing by Pavilions and go to the Rancho Fest to see if she's still there.  

"Eddie is only 5 years younger than me. When he was in his 30's and I was in my 40's it bugged me. But now that we are both old. Who cares! The kid thing was something I was worried about too.
13 · July 1 at 5:38am"

Here comes the discounts...

"Summer is here! interested in trying out CUT Fitness at a discounted rate? Hope to see you there. ‪#‎getcut"

GROUPON my friends!  

https://www.groupon.com/deals/cut-fitness-2  New clients only or clients who haven't been to Cut Fitness in 3+ months. Registration required. Limit 1 per person. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Must be 18 or older. Must register with Mind Body. 24-hr cancellation fee required. Must be an OC resident. Must use the 10 class pack within 60 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.

I'll wait for the Ebay sell and get some weights, or a bike - no mats and no towels ;) ‬

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 6

That and the preview where David is ignoring his daughters made me wonder if he doesn't have some kind of slow mental processing thing going on.  He always seems as if he's staring off into space. When he was talking to Shannon at the island it was as if he forgot to fill her in on the important details that he knew, but didn't realize she needed to understand what he was saying.  It might not have been code at all; he might be a really poor communicator.

I'll play the role of armchair psychiatrist and say that David seems very depressed.  Emotional turmoil can cause poor motor skills, speech problems, memory issues, etc.  He said in that therapy session that his affair gave him life.  Yikes.  It really would be better for both of them to divorce.  It's painful watching these two people spiral downward in some vain attempt to keep a failed marriage together.

• Love 6

Anyhoo, so Tamra is back to selling real estate?  I thought she was so busy working at Cut?  Hmmmmmm, I'll have to swing by Pavilions and go to the Rancho Fest to see if she's still there.  

"Eddie is only 5 years younger than me. When he was in his 30's and I was in my 40's it bugged me. But now that we are both old. Who cares! The kid thing was something I was worried about too.

13 · July 1 at 5:38am"

Here comes the discounts...

"Summer is here! interested in trying out CUT Fitness at a discounted rate? Hope to see you there. ‪#‎getcut"

I'll wait for the Ebay sell and get some weights, or a bike - no mats and no towels ;) ‬

I found that pretty interesting, too....wonder if she will be all sweetness and light to Jimmy and Megan, so she can get their business!!  

It's obvious that CUT isn't doing that well - even when Tamra and Vicki were at the spa, Vicki asked Tamra if she worked all day, and Tamra said that she hadn't worked at all.  

Also interesting was that she said they replaced Ryan with a very cute young girl.  She may need to put Eddie on a short leash (oh wait...she said a young "girl", not guy...)    ;-)

• Love 5
(edited)

I'll play the role of armchair psychiatrist and say that David seems very depressed.  Emotional turmoil can cause poor motor skills, speech problems, memory issues, etc.  He said in that therapy session that his affair gave him life.  Yikes.  It really would be better for both of them to divorce.  It's painful watching these two people spiral downward in some vain attempt to keep a failed marriage together.

Has any troubled marriage ever survived a reality show? Off the top of my head I can't think of one HW that managed it  Honestly, I like Shannon - she cracks me up, she's just crazy enough on this show to be entertaining and I think she is basically a kind person.  But trying to work out her marriage on TV is a really bad idea; it's not entertaining and never has a happy ending.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 11