Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: Week 5

• Start Topic

Oh Kaitlyn. Every week I tune in hoping there will be no DRAMAZ but she does not disappoint.  The scene with Josh(? the mohawk gone wrong guy) was painful. And I felt bad for Josh. Kaitlyn has very little social grace if that's how she handles situations. Is she like that with her girlfriends too? If someone confides something in her she must drag her friend back to the group and interrogate her until she breaks and the whole evening is ruined. For everyone. And spare me with the "I'm gonna put you on the spot, because this is my life" (implying how having Nick there is a life-changing decisions). Josh is entitled to feel how he feels, and a good bachelorette should be able to absorb that information and make informed opinions without humiliating him.

I'm also not that quick to give Kaitlyn a pass for bringing Nick in 4 weeks into the "journey" (barf). First of all, Nick sucks and is a big famewhore. Secondly, at what point will they draw the line? Next season watch the bachelor fly in his college sweetheart at final 2 and give a big selfish speech about "This is MY LIFE" and justify letting his old girlfriend "compete". It just cheapens the whole process, and the process is artificial and cheap to begin with.

• Love 17

Oh Ian, good riddance! Me thinks the guy came on the show expressly to see if he had a shot at being the Bachelor, (particularly being a handsome, educated african american man) then when he saw Kaitlyn did not really give him the time of day, or rather, gave her time of day to Nick, he lost it and cut her down for the exact same reason he was there ... to be on tv. The hilarity of someone on tv accusing someone else on tv of being on tv.

Ian was reminding me of the Office's running gig with Andy Bernard: "I went to Cornell." Ian's "why wouldn't Kaitlyn want someone who went to Princeton and is great?" comments.  Um, Ian, have you paid any attention to Kaitlyn at all? She's from Canada, I am sure she does not care about Princeton, NJ.  Mr. Final Rose went to an Ivy League and his best buds, who are all graduates of some very impressive law schools themselves, make potty jokes and quote movies when they get together to play poker. If Ian is looking to don a smoking jacket and pose as Mr. Intellectual then what the heck is he doing on this show?  What a nerd.  

• Love 19
(edited)

I just feel like the editing on this show this year is crazy. The Ian rant kinda came out of nowhere. And I was confused during Joshua's confrontation. Just like I didn't understand her level of anger at Clint. They seem to be leaving a lot of stuff out.

I feel the same way.  Up until the very end of last night's show Ian was one of my favorites.  Actually I agreed with everything Ian said to Kaitlyn, so it's disappointing he had to be a douche about it (or was edited that way).  Same thing went for Clint, one episode he seemed mellow and relaxed, then the very next episode everyone hated him and all his th's were negative.    Something hinky going on.

I felt so sorry for Josh!  First the horrible haircut, then being humiliated.  I do think Josh should have just spoken for himself and not brought any of the other guys into it, though Kaitlyn makes that difficult since she's always asking the guys what the other guys are thinking.  Why not just focus on the guy you're with and make your own decisions??  Even with the Clint situation, she said "I have to go with my gut" in letting him go.  Actually, her gut liked Clint enough that she was sucking his face off that same night.  It was only after the guys started talking shit about Clint that she had second thoughts.

Didn't watch Andi's season, so Nick doesn't bother me and actually he seemed quite charming and relaxed this episode.  I don't know why he's even bothering explaining himself to any of the guys though, he doesn't owe them anything.

Kaitlyn made me laugh first when she screwed up Josh's hair and then when she said she liked Sean's smell and acknowledged that was a little creepy.  Kaitlyn seems like a good time, but the Bachelorette may not be the best fit for her.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 2

Seems like they're trying to freshen the show by straying from the relative norm, but it's more likely alienating many regular viewers who tune in for romance cheese and pretty travel destinations. I don't recall this much extended heavy drama and angst so soon, I find so much of it unpleasant. (And yet I'm still watching...?)

• Love 5

Since when does Kaitlyn cut hair? We'd never heard about that.

really wish Ian hadn't done the sour grapes routine. It undercut his (valid) point about Kaitlyn not being interesting and, let's face it, not a good match for an educated guy.

• Love 6
(edited)

Oh, Ian, Ian, Ian.  Your speech to Kaitlyn was accurate; she does indeed seem to have come on the Bachelorette to make out with a lot of guys. She is, undoubtedly, superficial and interested in superficial things.  But why did you give the editors all the fuel with the "I'm smart and good-looking and have a good job" and "I went to Princeton" (said every five seconds) and "I have lots of sex" and "my ex-girlfriend was way hotter"?  You could have been a contender for Bachelor!  You could have been a contender!

I'm also not precisely sure why any of the bachelors would think grousing about Nick would be an effective strategy.  Obviously, Kaitlyn wants validation for her (shitty) decision, so constantly harping on how horrible Nick is is not going to earn you any brownie points with her.  Just paste on a smile, drink from the endless supply of alcoholic beverages, and pretend everything about this "journey" is authentic and that the Bachelorette is indeed some sort of prize.  You know, like everyone else who intends to stick around does.

Edited by Swedish Chef
  • Love 11

So help me - I'm actually finding Shawn more and more attractive, even though I still simultaneously think he's the spitting image of Alf. Not sure what that says about my sanity.

I agree!  I think this is a perfect example of how personality does count towards a person's attractiveness.  On the first night I thought Shawn was seriously busted.  But he has definitely grown on me and I find him more attractive each episode.  Now I actually feel bad for calling him out since that car accident may have something to do with his busted-ness.

I liked how Shawn acknowledged Josh and the other guys, but still kept the date about himself and Kaitlyn.  I also like the two-step date.  This was the first episode I've seem Kaitlyn actually trying to make a one on one connection with any of the guys.  Unfortunately it was brief and before we knew it was back to the DRAMA.

• Love 8

Oh Ian, have you never seen any episode of the Bachelor(ette) ever?  Every lead ever has spent large amounts of time kissing their suitors.  For all your ivy league education, you're really not all that bright, are you?

• Love 11

I have only seen a few Bachelor episodes and none of the Bachelorette ones.  I'm watching this season because my son knows one of the guys, (Ben H), so I thought it might be interesting.  From all reports, Ben H is a fantastic guy with really great character.  I'm not sure I'm pulling for him to win because I'm not thrilled with Kaitlyn.  I think that's her name.

I hate the way Kaitlyn announces to all the men that she is there to find a husband.  It just sounds so awkward.  Can't she just say she is there to find someone special and see what happens?  I think that Nick might be perfect for this girl.  He's not interesting to me either.  Some of the guys seem much to nice and normal for her.  Maybe she's a good person away from the show, but not impressed at all.

• Love 4

I think Ian was trying to do Andi's move, how she was direct and went off on JP and then became a fan favorite for it and got Bachelorette.  I think that is how he thought he was playing it, but it backfired.  

If no one else comes forward though as the obvious choice, I really would not mind seeing Ian as a Bachelor, because why not.  They've done worse.  He would probably be the kind of Bachelor that picks no one in the end because he thinks he is such a prize no one will ever be good enough for him.  LOL - but would really be entertaining for a show.

I think these guys are bailing one after the other like nothing I have ever seen on this franchise.  The guys don't even like her.  They are JNTIH.  This season is really really bad.  

• Love 11

So despite Ian's epic ego meltdown, I think he was correct in saying she was just there to make out with guys on TV - although I think HIS issue with it was that he was not one of the guys she was doing that with. I think she just accepted for the clothes, travel and "hot" guys to make out with.

I think Ian had to be angling for Bachelor is Paradise, because no one is dumb enough to think coming off like an egotistical douche and slamming the lead is how you become the Bachelor. Or he is that stupid and Princeton is slacking in the education department.

• Love 3

I think Ian was trying to do Andi's move, how she was direct and went off on JP and then became a fan favorite for it and got Bachelorette.  I think that is how he thought he was playing it, but it backfired.  

If no one else comes forward though as the obvious choice, I really would not mind seeing Ian as a Bachelor, because why not.  They've done worse.  He would probably be the kind of Bachelor that picks no one in the end because he thinks he is such a prize no one will ever be good enough for him.  LOL - but would really be entertaining for a show.

I think these guys are bailing one after the other like nothing I have ever seen on this franchise.  The guys don't even like her.  They are JNTIH.  This season is really really bad.

I thought Ian was doing a bit of auditioning for The Bachelor by taking a page from Andi's playbook by slamming the lead. Personally, I wouldn't mind Ian as The Bachelor. Maybe we would see a bevy of women from different backgrounds and ethnicities. That would be fun.

In Other shocking news from last night's episode, Kaitlyn used the phrase "me and [insert contestant name] correctly (if you forgive her for putting "me" first) for what may have been the first time in the history of the show!

• Love 2

Ok Ian, so you're from Princeton. You're a worldly metrosexual who gets a lot of chicks, has a hot ex-girlfriend, and a lot of things to do in your own time.

So why were you on The Bachelorette again?!

• Love 9

Kaitlyn is not a good bachelorette, this isn't Bachelor in Paradise or Temptation Island, have some class lady. Deep throating 15 guys a day.

This is my first season watching either the Bachelor or the Bachelorette, and all I've heard is talk about how Kaitlyn isn't a "good Bachelorette." Would anyone care to clue me in as to what criteria one needs to meet to be a good Bachelorette?

PS - Deep throating is a much more...explicit...activity than what Kaitlyn's been doing, which is simply making out.

• Love 11
(edited)

Bring back the original format!  So sick of these idiotic "cliffhangers" and having every episode start with a rose ceremony.

The guys ganging up on Nick was so immature, Shawn B lost a lot of points by refusing to ever say his name - are you 12?  He is definitely more Alf than Gosling at this point.  You know they would all do the same thing next season if they were in the same situation.  Andi turned away Chris B, Ben turned away whoever it was that came when Courtney freaked out... blame KAITLYN for letting Nick in, not Nick for trying to pursue his Twitter love/16th minute of fame.

The less said about Ian the better since his ego probably expands with each utterance of his name.  Joshua - poor guy, I think he was prodded by producers do that.  Nick - your song sucked and so did your weird zip up jacket.  Ben H - please take me on a 2-step date!  You are WAY too good for Kaitlyn. 

Kaitlyn looked totally plastered during the Pocahontas date.  And while Ian acted douche-ly, he had a point.  I agree that it looks like Kaitlyn is only there to make out with guys.  I feel like in the past we had way better narratives (whether fake or not) - Farmer Chris needed a wife who will move to Iowa, Conservative Sean wanted a sweet wife to bring home to his sweet family, Single Mommy Emily needed a husband/father for Ricky, Lawyer Andi is tired of only focusing on her career (HAH!) and just wants to find love.  But what about Kaitlyn?  What does she even do?  Did they ever do a profile on her home life and what she wants?

Next week looks nuts (pun intended).

Edited by Iwillnotacceptrose
  • Love 5

Ian was a favorite of mine and I was being generous about the wonky receding hairline. His insulting Kaitlyn I normally would have liked but it was FOR THE WRONG REASONS. He sensed rejection and was rejecting her first plain and simple to save face. I hope she sees that. "I am the gift that you open for the rest of your life." hee.

Kaitlyn's mariachi veered into Italian gondola to me. Is she a cool chick or a beautiful woman? haha

I can't get past Joe's hair but I like his style.

Nick sure loves mariachi over miming! Remember how he pouted? I feel like his "I can be fun! Boner!" personality is an act for Kaitlyn. It's working but still fake. 

#FreeTheRoseCeremony

• Love 7
(edited)

I thought that the editors played around with the mariachi performances.   Some sounded OK, some were clearly drowned out by the band, which seemed to be turned up  for the broadcast in order to make some guys sound worse than others.   

And Kaitlyn's singing?    sounded like someone knows how to use auto-tune or one of those programs to make people sound better.  

All that said - it was a much better group date competition than the ones where they have to beat each other up. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 1
Would anyone care to clue me in as to what criteria one needs to meet to be a good Bachelorette?

I've watched every season (sans Ali, yuck) and I'd like to be filled in too. I think it varies per person, and personally I like Kaitlyn's big laugh and prefer her over Princess Emily or Dull Jen or even Meredith who supposedly was so wonderful but put me to sleep.  

Kaitlyn's mariachi veered into Italian gondola to me.

To me it was veering into yodeling or a goat's bleat.  

• Love 4
(edited)

For me, you simply take everything that Kaitlyn has done/is thus far, and do/be the opposite.    

Treat the men fairly and don't be so rudely blatant about your favorites.  Have an adult's sense of humor, not a child's.  Have a job.  Don't assume all roads should lead to your genitals.  Don't say your "husband is in the room" when he obviously doesn't exist.  Don't look so gleeful at the prospect of your guys sustaining traumatic injuries.   Lots more for me, but of course, YMMV. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 10
(edited)

Ian was a favorite of mine and I was being generous about the wonky receding hairline. His insulting Kaitlyn I normally would have liked but it was FOR THE WRONG REASONS. He sensed rejection and was rejecting her first plain and simple to save face. I hope she sees that. "I am the gift that you open for the rest of your life." hee.

I know. I would have more respect for his "truth and honesty" speech if it came from a sincere place. But if you break it down:

1. He accuses Kaitlyn of just wanting to make out with on bunch of dudes. ON TV. Um, Ian, where do you think you are right now?!

2. He has lots of sex and no problem getting women back home. So it begs the question, why join a TV SHOW, where you're with 25 dudes vying for just ONE woman? If it's just women you want, and you can get them, why go to LA? Oh, that's right, because you also want to be on a TV SHOW that you're accusing the lead of trying to take advantage of.

3. He says he's tired of these fellas bowing down to this one girl, so he's gonna knock her off a peg or two, so he can get his confidence back. So you have a man who needs to put down a woman just to feel good about himself? Man, what a real catch he is.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 23

I think Ian had to be angling for Bachelor is Paradise, because no one is dumb enough to think coming off like an egotistical douche and slamming the lead is how you become the Bachelor. Or he is that stupid and Princeton is slacking in the education department.

It's MO that producers were asking Ian leading questions, then edited them together to make him look like a douche. Because, after all, he called out the Fantastic Kaitlyn TPTB's B-ette CHOICE! for what she is and how he saw her. Remember how Andi reacted when Eric Hill called her out? Ian was spot on; so was Eric. But how dare either question the motives of the current famewhore. Oh ... I mean Bachelorette.

Anyway, TPTB won since Ian came off looking like a douche.

Because Ninja Warrior was preempted (Yeay HAWKS!) I watched this episode nearly in its entirety so noticed something pretty obvious. I was a Nick supporter during Andi's season and after Andi's season and when he came onto this show. But now watching a full episode I noticed Nick's eyes are always laughing, like everything is a big joke. His mouth is saying serious stuff but his eyes are saying "I'm a big liar." Every once in a while a guy would say something to him and his eyes would darken or change from the "I'm fooling everyone" mode. It was all very telling.

IMO Nick was brought on strictly as drama and he's in on it all the way, this is his big chance for more 15 minutes.

You just can't trust anyone's "reasons" for being on this show anymore ...

• Love 3

I have only seen a few Bachelor episodes and none of the Bachelorette ones.  I'm watching this season because my son knows one of the guys, (Ben H), so I thought it might be interesting.  From all reports, Ben H is a fantastic guy with really great character.  I'm not sure I'm pulling for him to win because I'm not thrilled with Kaitlyn.  I think that's her name.

Tell your son to tell Ben H : The middle-aged women on my mom's TV website think you're the cutest! [/creepy lecherousness] But, really, I do agree that he could do better than Kaitlyn and hope that he'll be the next Bachelor. [/ok, really end creepy lecherousness now]

Most of the Ian was franken-byte voiceovers. I mean I think he really did tell her directly that he didn't come here to meet the woman who just wants to get her field plowed (HA!), but all of the rest of the sex with hotter women and he's a gift of an enigma and whatnot was definitely all spliced and diced and none of the words sounded like it went together. It was all done in voiceover, too, so no actual footage of him saying it. If you haven't yet seen Unreal on Lifetime, do go watch it! It definitely gives you a new perspective on this show. I mean, I always thought that most of what's on this show is producer manipulation, but if that show is close to portraying what the crew on the Bachelor is really like, then EVERYTHING is faked and manipulated.

• Love 7

I've watched every season (sans Ali, yuck) and I'd like to be filled in too. I think it varies per person, and personally I like Kaitlyn's big laugh and prefer her over Princess Emily or Dull Jen or even Meredith who supposedly was so wonderful but put me to sleep.  

I'd much prefer someone like Kaitlyn, who's not some blandly beautiful fembot and doesn't mind a crass joke or two. She seems like the kind of girl I'd be friends with in real life as opposed to other cookie-cutter B'ettes like Britt. And so what if she's making out with all the guys? You gotta test drive the car before you commit to buying it, people!

• Love 14

My favorite Ian line:   (Paraphrasing).."I came for the 'broken-hearted Kaitlyn',   not the 'you can  F**k the hell out of me anytime!' Kaitlyn. "    umm.. yeah okay     Yes. . I'm sure it was her lukewarm fractured heart that got you up and out to that audition Ian.    Either way, you're pathetic.

However I did love it.  I live for those moments on this show.    And Kaitlyn, girl,  you're not living that one down anytime soon, but it got you where you are today.  It would be nice if you could slap them across the face for their utter disrespect  to you but unfortunately you gotta grin and bear it.  

I do think I saw Josh in the pack of guys shown from the rear in an upcoming ep.  She owes him after that haircut.  

• Love 1
(edited)

As a Nick fan, I found this episode very satisfying! I love how Josh kept digging himself deeper and depper into a pit while Nick just calmly and intelligently addressed his questions. Josh just felt threatened and was lashing out, and it made him look stupid and insecure. Nick already "had his season"? Whuh? How in any way does that have to do with being interested in the girl on this current season?

I didn't think I could dislike any guy more than Tony this season, but Ian, congrats - you're even worse! What an absolute asshat. Point taken about the show franken-byting his comments,  but some of that awful stuff he just flat out said. I mean look, if you're not into the Bachelorette and want to peace out, do it gracefully. Don't go on the attack. I got the feeling after his tirade to Kaitlyn that he has emotionally abusive tendencies. Yuck and good riddance.

Edited by violetr
  • Love 10

Ok Ian, so you're from Princeton. You're a worldly metrosexual who gets a lot of chicks, has a hot ex-girlfriend, and a lot of things to do in your own time.

So why were you on The Bachelorette again?!

I figure he was one of the ones who came for Britt. Now there's a girl who would know how to treat a Princeton man!

"You went to PRINCETON?! I really loved "A Beautiful Mind." You must be soooooo smart!"

• Love 5

if you're not into the Bachelorette and want to peace out, do it gracefully.

Why should they do anything "gracefully" when it's obvious Kaitlyn only recognizes crude and graceless gestures?  Everything about her so far has been loud, abrasive and confrontational.  

Treat people the way you want to be treated?  She's showing them exactly what she expects with her own behavior.  

• Love 8

I never really paid attention to Nick in Andi's season because I didn't give a shit who she picked, but he is one smarmy dude.  

Another dumb idea having everyone freezing their asses off in that baseball stadium.  And the point was?

Ben H. is a cutie.  He reminds me of Peter in the Brady Bunch (my 3rd grade crush).

Ian for the win!  This guy had to go through the sumo wrestling date and the Aladdin singing date.  I think the mariachi date was the last straw; he realized Kaitlyn wasn't worth any more humiliation.  I agree his interviews were edited to make him seem like more of an asshole. 

What's with Kaitlyn and her fringe obsession.  

• Love 4
(edited)
I really wish Ian hadn't done the sour grapes routine. It undercut his (valid) point about Kaitlyn not being interesting and, let's face it, not a good match for an educated guy.

I really did like Ian before this episode aired.  What he said and more importantly how he said it is what gives a lot of Ivy League graduates a bad name--too cool for the room.  Enh, maybe it was edited that way so no one would root for Ian and everyone would cheer for Katlyn when she gives him the boot.  *shrug*  IDK, it was pretty obvious to me that Katlyn simply wasn't into Ian so no lost tears for sure.

Ben H. is a cutie

I was just about to comment on what a hottie he is.  The most attractive guy in the house IMO and his two-step date with Katlyn was sweet.  I hope he's on BIP or maybe he will be the next Bachelor?

Edited by Dirtybubble

You see a big laugh, I see over-the-top cackling. I'd hate to see a comedy with her.

• Love 6

I figure he was one of the ones who came for Britt. Now there's a girl who would know how to treat a Princeton man!

"You went to PRINCETON?! I really loved "A Beautiful Mind." You must be soooooo smart!"

Haha, that would be funny. But he did come for Kaitlyn. He even whispered to Kaitly, "I'm going to make sure it's you who wins..." or something like that.

• Love 1
(edited)

Why should they do anything "gracefully" when it's obvious Kaitlyn only recognizes crude and graceless gestures?  Everything about her so far has been loud, abrasive and confrontational.

I don't think that's obvious at all. I find her spunky and fun. Because this:

I'd much prefer someone like Kaitlyn, who's not some blandly beautiful fembot and doesn't mind a crass joke or two. She seems like the kind of girl I'd be friends with in real life as opposed to other cookie-cutter B'ettes like Britt. And so what if she's making out with all the guys? You gotta test drive the car before you commit to buying it, people!

Yes, the Bachelorettes who were considered "good" were basically Disney princess types (the originals, not the sassy newer ones). Both Emily and Des were so boring to me. Different strokes!

Edited by violetr
  • Love 7
(edited)

I felt so sorry for Josh!  First the horrible haircut, then being humiliated.  I do think Josh should have just spoken for himself and not brought any of the other guys into it, though Kaitlyn makes that difficult since she's always asking the guys what the other guys are thinking.  Why not just focus on the guy you're with and make your own decisions??  Even with the Clint situation, she said "I have to go with my gut" in letting him go.  Actually, her gut liked Clint enough that she was sucking his face off that same night.  It was only after the guys started talking shit about Clint that she had second thoughts.

That's what bugs me about Kaitlyn. She asks the guys to tell her about the other guys, but then keeps insisting their relationships are just between them! Which is it? You can't have it both ways.

The same with her insistence on "honesty." Josh was being honest, from his viewpoint, but got shit for it. There is not absolute truth when it comes to human perceptions of situations and relationships. And the biggest thing -- so what if some of the guys were still bitching about Nick being there? How does that affect her relationships with each one individually? Unless they're being actively mean to Nick -- stuffing him in the hotel closet or short-sheeting his bed -- who cares really?

Her dramaz makes for good TV, but I wouldn't like to be around it for very long.

In Other shocking news from last night's episode, Kaitlyn used the phrase "me and [insert contestant name] correctly (if you forgive her for putting "me" first) for what may have been the first time in the history of the show!

I missed that, but I definitely heard her say "Ben and I's date" at one point.

Kaitlyn looked totally plastered during the Pocahontas date.  And while Ian acted douche-ly, he had a point.  I agree that it looks like Kaitlyn is only there to make out with guys.  I feel like in the past we had way better narratives (whether fake or not) - Farmer Chris needed a wife who will move to Iowa, Conservative Sean wanted a sweet wife to bring home to his sweet family, Single Mommy Emily needed a husband/father for Ricky, Lawyer Andi is tired of only focusing on her career (HAH!) and just wants to find love.  But what about Kaitlyn?  What does she even do?  Did they ever do a profile on her home life and what she wants?

That really frustrates me. They didn't do introductory packages for either Britt or Kaitlyn except for showing clips from their time on the Bachelor with Chris. I don't care about that! I want to know about her, the place she lives, her JOB, her lifestyle. I feel cheated, show! Am I supposed to know she went to beauty school? I don't recall that (not that I don't believe she said it at some point). If it's going to play a part in an upcoming episode, tell his this factoid! Plus, I thought she was a dance teacher, but she had to learn two-step like anyone who's never done it and had no dance background. What kind of dance does she teach?

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 6

Kaitlyn finally said something I was thinking, too, "Ben H is one very handsome man."  He seemed good-natured, too, maybe even a little shy which I always think is attractive. Reading here that IRL he's apparently a "fantastic guy" makes me hope he goes far--far enough to be the next bachelor instead of Nick, Josh M. etc. Why not? I could definitely see women being very competitive over him.

As for Nick, I still like him a lot. Josh seems completely buzzed most of the time, but maybe he's just not that bright (and seems to have some anger issues). I didn't like the guy who told Kaitlyn that Nick didn't answer his question about seeing Andi. He did. He said they saw each other once in NY and "buried the hatchet".

I have a feeling nearly all of these men did not see Andi's season and really only know "Nick's story" from what someone in the house is telling them. I thought it was good he finally reminded them he was F2--proposed and was dumped by Andi (who slept with him anyway after he told her not to do it if she wasn't serious. Okay, no one told them that part.) They seem to have been thinking he's just "chasing b-ettes" when his story seems a lot simpler than that (dumped during his season and had some interactions with Kaitlyn that made him want to try again.)  Not really the big deal Josh was making of it with his amazing intuition and all.

I was glad to see most of them were getting over it by the end.

• Love 5

What happened to all the exit limo speeches? That's the best time for crying and whining. I miss the bright camera lights, the admission that the producers drive you around for hours and fill you up with alcohol so you wold say something stupid.

Most people audition for the next Bachelor/ette there, Ian. I remember Kaitlyn not crying in her exit limo and being classy on her way out.

Imagine Clint's final speech? Or Kupah? Man, what happened to this show. 

• Love 8

I don't think that's obvious at all. I find her spunky and fun. Because this:

Yes, the Bachelorettes who were considered "good" were basically Disney princess types (the originals, not the sassy newer ones). Both Emily and Des were so boring to me. Different strokes!

I disagree that a "good b-ette" is like a Disney princess. I thought Trista, the first b-ette, was a very good one because she was attractive enough to get the men all interested but not plastic, she was energetic and fun-loving with a sense of humor, and she was intelligent and discerning in her selection process and really tried to draw the men out and get to know them, not just make it all about her.  I didn't like Andi as a person, but I thought she was a good b-ette for the same reasons.   (And Jen S. was a horrible one, like Deanna, for being the opposite.)

On the plus side for Kaitlyn are her sense of fun and enthusiasm and that she doesn't seem to take herself too seriously. On the negative, I don't share her sense of humor (not saying she doesn't have one, she obviously does) and --worst so far--she seems very bad at drawing the men out (good conversation with Shawn this week being the exception). I also hate how she belabors the interpersonal drama in the house week after week rather than just letting them all work it out.

I particularly didn't like the boxing and wrestling events where she really didn't seem to care that they could be badly injured. She seemed much too self-centered there for me to think "good b-ette".  Was it Josh who got the concussion? I've forgotten, but I wonder if that could explain why he seems sort of slow, that he was more badly injured than they realized.

Also, I didn't like what she did to his hair. Seriously, when you see you've made a mistake, it's time to call for the pros to fix it (TB has many) not go on and make the poor guy's hair--on television--so much worse.  I don't think she felt bad enough about it either, from what we saw and heard. Even Andi, I think, would have stopped at the first sign of scalp in the wrong place and called for some help. So I see Kaitlyn as too self-centered and indifferent to any guy not already on her "hook up with him" radar. A good b-ette is nice to/interested in all of them.

• Love 8

I don't have a problem with people confronting Kaitlyn, as she has been quite upfront with everyone.  But Kaitlyn has always been polite in her confrontations, she doesn't insult people.  I found Ian to be quite insulting towards her, seemingly just because she wasn't interested in him and his ego couldn't take it.  You can disagree with people and confront them without being rude/mean.

• Love 14

I would love to watch Ben H. as The Bachelor as I find him stunning but he seemed really uncomfortable opening up about things on camera. He seems much too normal and level-headed for the craziness. They would have to tone down the drama ten-fold for the poor guy. I would prefer to watch a more romantic season than a bunch of crazies but I'm sure the producers don't feel the same. 

• Love 3

What happened to all the exit limo speeches? That's the best time for crying and whining. I miss the bright camera lights, the admission that the producers drive you around for hours and fill you up with alcohol so you wold say something stupid.

I feel like the limo speeches have been removed because none of the guys eliminated thus far have been that into Kaitlyn.  Some have left on their own or been asked to leave by Kaitlyn prior to the RC.  The ones that have been eliminated during the RC don't seem to broken up.  I'm guessing this will change as time goes on (maybe?).

• Love 4
(edited)

Most people audition for the next Bachelor/ette there, Ian. I remember Kaitlyn not crying in her exit limo and being classy on her way out.

Imagine Clint's final speech? Or Kupah? Man, what happened to this show. 

Pretty sure Kaitlyn squeezed out a tear or two in her limo ride--it was her "boo hoo I let my walls down and look what happened" moment. The rejectees on her show so far are probably not very sad at being sent home as none of them seem to be into her. If she sends the Bens and Chris and Shawn and Jared home before the finals we might see some of it.

She really  needs to start owning her field plowing and other raunchy commentary--okay for her to call Britt out on the "did he give you tissues for your crying or a bar of soap" during the first episode, so have a little laugh at yourself once in a while too, K.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 3
(edited)

My favorite Ian line:   (Paraphrasing).."I came for the 'broken-hearted Kaitlyn',   not the 'you can  F**k the hell out of me anytime!' Kaitlyn. "    umm.. yeah okay     Yes. . I'm sure it was her lukewarm fractured heart that got you up and out to that audition Ian.    Either way, you're pathetic.

That was a little creepy to me. He wanted the down-and-out, emotionally weakened version of her rather than the person she actually is? 

I felt so sorry for Josh!  First the horrible haircut, then being humiliated.  I do think Josh should have just spoken for himself and not brought any of the other guys into it, though Kaitlyn makes that difficult since she's always asking the guys what the other guys are thinking.

I wish that whole meltdown had happened to someone I didn't like (such as JJ) because the editors cut that together rather hilariously. They shot Josh only from the bad haircut side and the splice between Nick saying he would never waste time getting a haircut from Kaitlyn to Josh's butchered hair and back to Nick making out with Kaitlyn was pretty funny too. 

I liked Josh up to this point, but he definitely should have dropped it LONG before he did. He pulled the same thing Ashley I and Carly did last season and they both immediately got the boot. 

And this:

Josh just felt threatened and was lashing out, and it made him look stupid and insecure. Nick already "had his season"? Whuh? How in any way does that have to do with being interested in the girl on this current season?

really cut through the argument of several of the guys who were (at the beginning of the episode) grilling Nick on his intentions with regard to Kaitlyn in particular. If they were all so into Kaitlyn herself, another guy taking another shot at being on TV wouldn't be an issue. 

I did think Shawn (who sincerely does appear to have chemistry with her) was genuinely bothered by her bringing him back, mainly because he felt she liked him the most and if she did, she wouldn't have felt the need to introduce someone new. Like, she CAN'T contractually end the show early because she's already made up her mind, she HAS to keep other guys around to the end. But introducing someone new to the mix is concrete proof that she's not actually sold on any of the existing guys, which is a blow to those who actually thought they were the favorite. 

I'm trying to remember what happened when that drunk chick came back last season, did Chris let her back on? And did Britt have a meltdown over it? (She's the one I would imagine would have had the biggest problem.) 

Ian sure torpedoed himself, didn't he?  I didn't realize that he's one of those contestants who's never been rejected before, and just can't deal with the idea that maybe, just MAYBE, he's not the catch he thinks he is.  Every season of The Bachelor has at least a couple of women who go through the same type of crisis of self-confidence -- though usually in Week 1 or 2.  Bye Mr. Princeton grad/former model/world traveler who has many hot ex-girlfriends; here, you just didn't "measure up".

Yeah, that was a hell of a meltdown out of nowhere. The way he talked to Kaitlyn didn't bother me, but the Kelsey-level inflated opinion of himself sure did. 

Calling yourself a catch (in minute detail, no less) falls under the umbrella of the nickname rule, you have to leave it to other people. If they're not seeing it the way you do (aka your nickname isn't the flattering item you imagined it would be), maybe there's a reason.

Edited by ljenkins782
  • Love 4

I would love to watch Ben H. as The Bachelor as I find him stunning but he seemed really uncomfortable opening up about things on camera. He seems much too normal and level-headed for the craziness. They would have to tone down the drama ten-fold for the poor guy. I would prefer to watch a more romantic season than a bunch of crazies but I'm sure the producers don't feel the same. 

He is a super guy according to my son.   BenH is also a good friend of NBA player Cody Zeller, who plays for the Charlotte Hornets.  Cody is a very good-hearted spiritual guy who does so much charity work.  Ben is the same type of person.  Cody talks about Ben on his twitter occasionally.

• Love 2
(edited)
You see a big laugh, I see over-the-top cackling. I'd hate to see a comedy with her.

The next farm down the road has a donkey that I can hear when I am outside. It sounds like someone is being murdered. Kaitlyn's "laugh" is donkey bray to my ears. It's already on my nerves worse than Chris Soules' dolphin giggle.

But what about Kaitlyn?  What does she even do?  Did they ever do a profile on her home life and what she wants?

Yes to this. Good point. This show seems like it doesn't even care any more. Have TPTB changed? Because this season is like no other, and I don't mean because of the "shocking" two b-ettes thing.

Yeah, the limo exit tears are sorely lacking this time too. Like was mentioned. probably none of these guys are sorry to leave Kaitlyn. Sorry to leave before going overseas and missing their bros and free alcohol, yes. But Kaitlyn? Not so much.

As for people enjoying Kaitlyn's "crass" humor: My mom raised me that one NEVER belches during a meal, farts in public, says a swear word or talks suggestively in ANY occasion. So for me to think Kaitlyn is witty and clever and oh, so funny? No. Not in the least.

And I do not consider "Me and Ben" to be any better grammar than "Ben and I's". They BOTH are incorrect.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 8

Well we will all have to agree to disagree about Kaitlyn's laugh!  

Any who, it's my memory that the limo confessionals don't really start until the gut-wrenching goodbyes of the final four. That's when everyone is supposedly in deep, after having introduced the Bachelor/ette to their family and "opened up" and "admitted they have never felt this way before" or "are falling for him/her."  

The chum that gets eliminated beforehand usually gets the outside the venue interview before being packed off into the airport van.

• Love 1
(edited)

I've mentioned this before, but Canadians do know a lot about Ivy League schools, and remember that most of our pop culture is American.  I'm not saying that this charm would or should work on Kaitlyn, but it's not like Canadians are like "Duh, what is that?" when someone mentions Princeton.

You sound like my mom.   She hates my laughter.  She hated our happy camaraderie growing up.  Me, I find someone who can't control their laughter very sexy.  There's something about that loss of control that is adorable, to me.  Also, their confidence in doing something that my mother finds distasteful!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
Look, I know the show wants us to be all aghast at Ian's egotism, but anybody who lets fly and tells off the world's lamest Bachelorette ever to her face is okay in my book.

I wish to co-sign this.  

Hey, most people have their "what the fuck am I doing with my life" moments when they're staring into a mirror, or a toilet bowl, at 3 a.m.  Ian just happened to have his while he was staring at a camera on national tv.

In other news: Seeing Nick's first talking-head (after he'd "been accepted") reminded me immediately of why I couldn't stand him during Andi's season.  

He's such a smarmy fucking Leprechaun.

And, isn't it coincidental how every. single. group. date. activity. is "a big part of [Kaitlyn's] life?"

• Love 8
(edited)

I just feel like the editing on this show this year is crazy. The Ian rant kinda came out of nowhere. And I was confused during Joshua's confrontation. Just like I didn't understand her level of anger at Clint. They seem to be leaving a lot of stuff out.

I'm dying to know Kupah's side of the story.    I felt like his reaction was very bizarre.    What did they leave out? 

I am an enigma, an international man of mystery, top eligible bachelor of this country and world.   And I am wearing an old man tie.  Oh Ian, you had me at poop jokes.

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 3