Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: Week 5

• Start Topic

He should know that usually the next Bachelor makes it quite far in the show.

The producers opened that "door of hope" with Juan Pablo, pulling him from the unrecognizable group and giving him a lead position.  They most likely won't go back that far for other Bachelors, but we can never say never.  

On paper, Ian looks good, but he obviously didn't endear himself to production.  His edit says it all.  

The producers opened that "door of hope" with Juan Pablo, pulling him from the unrecognizable group and giving him a lead position.  They most likely won't go back that far for other Bachelors, but we can never say never.

Bob and Jake didn't make it to the final four either, but they received lots of screen time and their edits were positive.  If the producers were considering Ian for the lead, they wouldn't have done what they did.  Let's face it, those voiceovers were clearly spliced and edited.  I am convinced that his words were taken out of context - literally.  I had to chuckle, because forty minutes later in "UnReal", Rachel said to Adam, "You don't want to mess with me, because I have the power to make you look stupid on National Television."  Poor Ian!

• Love 1

Let's face it, those voiceovers were clearly spliced and edited.  I am convinced that his words were taken out of context - literally.  I had to chuckle, because forty minutes later in "UnReal", Rachel said to Adam, "You don't want to mess with me, because I have the power to make you look stupid on National Television."  Poor Ian!

I rewatched the Ian implosion a few times and noted his words during voiceovers vs. talking head...and the poor editing overall. 

My guess is that the producers didn't want him to leave - so they made him pay the price with the help of the editing monkeys.

UnReal indeed!

• Love 1

Andromeda, 

I just edited my post to remove that info, though it was reported in many major media outlets in the last 2 days.

Thanks. I had no idea. Been involved in too much work, and am avoiding spoilers.

Just a reminder: I know it can be confusing.  But just because a (potential) spoiler is reported in the media doesn't mean it's not still a spoiler.  I know it may seem that you see it everywhere online and so it can't possibly be news to anyone, but it undoubtedly will be to someone.  So please keep ALL regular threads free of spoiler discussion, including the media thread.  

For our purposes a "spoiler" is anything that has not been aired on TV yet regardless of when it took place.

To discuss anything about the reported "spoilers" or speculate on them in any way, go to the Spoiler thread.  Thank you.  I know there was no intention of spoiling here, just an accident.  Hence the reminder. No one is in trouble. :-)

• Love 3
(edited)

Shawn is not Kaitlyn.  His behavior hasn't bothered me, but I wouldn't call it refined and graceful.    In conversation with her, he said she was not being smart about Nick.  He refused to address Nick by name, simply referring to him as "the other guy".   None of that means he's a bad guy.  He's just a guy that obviously relates to Kaitlyn in ways important to her.

I quoted you exactly.  I wasn't asking if he bothered you.

What I was talking about was your sentence:  

"Why should they do anything "gracefully" when it's obvious Kaitlyn ONLY recognizes crude and graceless gestures?"

You were talking about the only actions she RECOGNIZES in the CONTESTANTS  ...

So my question was, since she does 'recognize' Shawn in a positive way, would he really qualify for 'crude and graceless gestures' as the only aspect of contestants she would recognize.  For that matter would Jared qualify as having the qualities that are the ONLY ones Kaitlyn would "recognize."

[snip]

Edited by Rhondinella
combative
(edited)

Re Nick reminding me of JohnMcEnroe

I think it looks as though he's trying to look like old school Justin Timberlake.

There's always someone out there who finds someone very attractive.  Case in point, there were women competing for Ben!

McEnroe was known for his tantrum-throwing, with similar hair, not that Nick's been throwing tantrums in this set of guys.
 In fact, here's a page about McEnroe and the  title is about his 'appeal.'

http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/john-jeansonne/the-appeal-of-john-mcenroe-then-and-now-1.2979757

with this lead picture  image.JPG

Doesn't that look as if Nick posed for that picture?

Very funny about all the competing for Ben !   Always a mystery why people go for certain types (or not).

Edited by pitchy

David Morse - (Dr. Jack morrison from St Elsewhere )15585ste1.jpg

and here's Nick andi-breaks-up-with-nick-1406678166.jpg

OMG! Doppelganger. I don't remember this guy, but busted David Morse it is! (Although that original guy looks pretty busted, too.)

In the meantime, he was serving as Kelsey's replacement in putting himself "up here" while the others in the house (he essentially said) are "down there."   That he couldn't see how anyone would not immediately recognize that he is God's latest Gift to Earth just boggled my mind.  This otherwise very attractive, intelligent-looking guy suddenly became a deluded joke of a suitor.  No perspective.

I sometimes put the show on again when I'm vegging late at night and I re-watched the Ian spiel. LOL. Not only did he say he was a  former model and Princeton grad, but a man who "traveled round the world several times and defied death."  Does this mean he failed to pull a Kelsey and get his near-death experience on tv soon enough to win over the Bachelorette's heart?  Or will we hear about it Monday night? I thought it was a hilarious addition to his list of husband-worthy qualities that we are not dissecting enough!

• Love 2