Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

I feel bad for the fans who want to go into the finale unspoiled because it seems like you'd basically have to hide in your house with no TV, radio, newspaper, internet or contact with the outside world to avoid these spoilers. WTF? Did the show just give up? This could be a legit "most shocking ending ever" if it weren't being broadcast pretty much everywhere. I can't remember an ending being outed the way this one seems to be by major media outlets. It's weird.

I could see them not caring as much about predictable seasons being spoiled, but they are hyping this one with 5 hours of TV time, you'd think they'd want to keep the secret a little better.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I feel bad for the fans who want to go into the finale unspoiled because it seems like you'd basically have to hide in your house with no TV, radio, newspaper, internet or contact with the outside world to avoid these spoilers. WTF? Did the show just give up? This could be a legit "most shocking ending ever" if it weren't being broadcast pretty much everywhere. I can't remember an ending being outed the way this one seems to be by major media outlets. It's weird.

I could see them not caring as much about predictable seasons being spoiled, but they are hyping this one with 5 hours of TV time, you'd think they'd want to keep the secret a little better.

I don't think the show gave up.  I think that all the talk about the most shocking ending ever meant that the non preferred media (everyone but People) decided to grab headlines.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

The ratings for this season has been awful. Viewers simply did not care about Arie and his "journey to find love". My guess is the producers figured letting the cat out of the bag will draw in some eyeballs that to this point haven't given a crap. Just saying it will be the most shocking finale ever wouldn't do the trick because Chris Harrison says that every damn season. Putting this out there will have a few people who are simply there for some good old reality television drama, interested. Hell, it's worked on my friend. She hasn't watched a minute of this season and doesn't care but she's like hell yeah, she'll be present with her popcorn and wine, after I told her

about the big switcheroo ending.

Edited by OnceSane
Added spoiler tags
13 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

they are hyping this one with 5 hours of TV time, you'd think they'd want to keep the secret a little better.

I think that's why they're revealing some of the finale.  They have five hours (omg--five hours?!?!) they're dedicating to this show next week.  They want people to watch. 

Granted, I thought that was the reason they were waiting a day to have After The Rose.  Isn't that usually on Monday?  But I guess they decided instead to release some spoilers through the news media.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Granted, I thought that was the reason they were waiting a day to have After The Rose.  Isn't that usually on Monday?  But I guess they decided instead to release some spoilers through the news media.

The ATFR is on Monday, to my knowledge. It just continues into Tuesday. So Monday is the normal 3 hours of the finale - i.e. there is the 2 hour finale episode, then the one hour live ATFR. But based on everything that apparently went down after filming ended, they figured that can't possibly fit into one hour and so Tuesday continues with another two hours. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

The ATFR is on Monday, to my knowledge. It just continues into Tuesday. So Monday is the normal 3 hours of the finale - i.e. there is the 2 hour finale episode, then the one hour live ATFR. But based on everything that apparently went down after filming ended, they figured that can't possibly fit into one hour and so Tuesday continues with another two hours. 

Please be careful saying more.  This is spoilery.  Not a spoiler, just... eeek!  Im trying so hard to stay unspoiled.  Tell me nothing more, please!   Pretty please!

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I don't think 5 hours of Arie over 2 nights is going to do that man any favors.......

Agree,  :)  The reason he kissed Emily constantly was all about him not being good at conversation.  I am being kind.  

• Love 3

This is my first year going into the final and having no clue who he choses.  It's hard to not go over to reality Steve and have a look but much more enjoy not knowing.

I was sad when Tia went home.  I thought he liked her.  Maybe it was Weiner  that turned him off?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I can't recommend DVR highly enough for this show. I always start watching 30-45 minutes late so I can fast-forward through all the commercials, coming-ups, and irrelevant movie tie-ins.

ITA! I never watch it live. I tape it and watch it the next morning so I can fast-forward through all the commercials and filler. 

• Love 4

I wish they had been more clear on what the programming is. A few friends and I were planning on getting together to watch the end, and now it's on two nights which we don't want to devote to it but we can't figure out which night would be worth it to get together. Three hours of an after show is just crazy. Nothing Arie has or will do is worth that much discussion unless he has chosen no one and is now dating Peter. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, weightyghost said:

I wish they had been more clear on what the programming is. A few friends and I were planning on getting together to watch the end, and now it's on two nights which we don't want to devote to it but we can't figure out which night would be worth it to get together. Three hours of an after show is just crazy. Nothing Arie has or will do is worth that much discussion unless he has chosen no one and is now dating Peter. 

Although it is unclear I think that the following is a reasonable bet for the breakdown.  I am putting it under spoiler tags for anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled:

Spoiler

The first two hours on Monday will be the usual final two nonsense, the 3rd hour is the dumping of Becca and running to Laurel, then on Tuesday we get a two hour ATFR.

Spoiler

Sorry I accidentally hit two spoiler tags and don't know how to remove the second one.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, weightyghost said:

Show does so much recapping that I bet the second night would include the previous night's highlights, so that's what I'd watch with a group.

• Love 5

I think Monday Night will be three hours of what they have filmed while Tuesday night will be the live after the rose interviews.  I can't imagine they'd do two nights of live stuff.  It seems silly to me to have everyone there for two nights. 

• Love 1
(edited)

There's an article in the local paper about Arie and Becca's date at Minnetonka Orchards. Owners were sworn to secrecy about the taping. The orchard may have been closed for the season when the date was taped.

Becca and Arie's date at Minnetonka Orchards 

If anyone watches Masterchef Junior, there is also an article about Ariana Feygin (Belarussian girl) who lives in a town around six miles from me. Type "Masterchef Junior" in the search box to find it.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 1
On 3/2/2018 at 5:46 PM, chocolatine said:

I can't recommend DVR highly enough for this show. I always start watching 30-45 minutes late so I can fast-forward through all the commercials, coming-ups, and irrelevant movie tie-ins.

But I learned about a new show with Jenna Fischer which looks good.  At this point in the geriatric marsupial’s staid ride, the commercials ARE the best part. 

Man I hate Arie.  He just makes me want to kick stuff.  Like stuff toys.  Just drop kick that stuffed panda bear that gives me the stink eye.  I have a fat cat who is a far more eligible bachelor, and he pukes a lot.  Cat has charisma, though. 

• Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

If anyone watches Masterchef Junior, there is also an article about Ariana Feygin (Belarussian girl) who lives in a town around six miles from me. Type "Masterchef Junior" in the search box to find it.

I saw nothing about her.  Can you share anything notable if there is something, please?  

Edited by Wings

Well I'm pretty excited to see what all this lead up is all about.  Im sooo happy I have not spoiled it by peeking.  So with no clue about what's going to happen can we speculate here?  Better not just to be safe.

I do have a theory I'll reveal when this is all over!

I bet there will be commercial after commercial.  uggg just uggg!

• Love 1
(edited)
On 3/1/2018 at 1:17 PM, truthaboutluv said:

The ratings for this season has been awful. Viewers simply did not care about Arie and his "journey to find love". My guess is the producers figured letting the cat out of the bag will draw in some eyeballs that to this point haven't given a crap. Just saying it will be the most shocking finale ever wouldn't do the trick because Chris Harrison says that every damn season. Putting this out there will have a few people who are simply there for some good old reality television drama, interested. Hell, it's worked on my friend. She hasn't watched a minute of this season and doesn't care but she's like hell yeah, she'll be present with her popcorn and wine, after I told her

Reveal hidden contents

I thought this guy was a douche from the very beginning. He would French-kiss one girl and 2 minutes later go in for another and after that another and another. He just wanted TV time and celebrity.  I thought he was creepy. I didn't watch the show because I didn't like him. 

Edited by antfitz

Sadly, the ratings for tonight will make up for the mediocrity of the season.

Apparently, social media lit up with this so Fleiss got everything he wanted.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Wings said:

I saw nothing about her.  Can you share anything notable if there is something, please?  

I posted a link to the article in the MasterChef Jr media thread.

On 3/1/2018 at 1:17 PM, truthaboutluv said:

Reveal hidden contents

If the ratings are badd this year it's because the bachelors such a dufus. Or should I say douche.

On 3/2/2018 at 7:40 PM, saber5055 said:

OMG is right.  I need to read that book. thanks JenE4, for the link.

That link is incredible. There is no way I would put up with all of that. I guess a few of them have gone on to have careers in show business and that's why they go on. 

On 3/5/2018 at 4:07 PM, Mu Shu said:

But I learned about a new show with Jenna Fischer which looks good.  At this point in the geriatric marsupial’s staid ride, the commercials ARE the best part. 

Man I hate Arie.  He just makes me want to kick stuff.  Like stuff toys.  Just drop kick that stuffed panda bear that gives me the stink eye.  I have a fat cat who is a far more eligible bachelor, and he pukes a lot.  Cat has charisma, though. 

I do not like him either. The fact that his name  Sounds like "lying dik " Seems to be no accident.

• Love 2
(edited)

Am watching Morning Joe on MSNBC this morning (a politics oriented morning program, if you don't know) and one of the guests is giving an involved recap of this whole sorry mess (making a loose analogy to Gary Cohn leaving the white house). LOL, the plan worked.

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 3

Arie and Lauren looked really cute together on Jimmy Kimmel last night!     She wore a really stunning dress.   Maybe they can make a lot of money off an Instagram account and her fashion sense.     

• Love 2

Saw them both on Good Morning America today.   Arie actually said something about giving Becca a chance to be on the Bachelorette.  OBVIOUSLY, that must have been suggested and approved by the despicable Chris Harrison.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

Arie is calling Baby Bekah "immature" for posting his DMs to her on Twitter. While I don't disagree that Bekah is immature, dude really needs to learn when to shut up. Going on the offensive won't do anything to improve the public's perception of him.

I like her response.  She might be young and immature but when she's right, she's right. 

• Love 6

Admittedly I did not watch this season at and really only tuned in for the WTA and the finale so it is very possible I missed the Bekah immaturity. But from what I've seen of her, considering she is only 23, an age where many people are still being immature, I actually think she seems quite mature. I thought she was on point with everything she said at the WTA and last night. And okay, I especially like how clearly not here for Arie she is and is giving him the dragging Becca was too nice to do. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Arie is calling Baby Bekah "immature" for posting his DMs to her on Twitter. While I don't disagree that Bekah is immature, dude really needs to learn when to shut up. Going on the offensive won't do anything to improve the public's perception of him.

So much for staying away from social media after all this, huh?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

Admittedly I did not watch this season at and really only tuned in for the WTA and the finale so it is very possible I missed the Bekah immaturity. But from what I've seen of her, considering she is only 23, an age where many people are still being immature, I actually think she seems quite mature. I thought she was on point with everything she said at the WTA and last night. And okay, I especially like how clearly not here for Arie she is and is giving him the dragging Becca was too nice to do. 

Maybe "immature" isn't the right word, but she does seem to take herself too seriously in the way that people in their early twenties tend to do. And she is a little too gleeful with her social media dissing of Arie, while the rest of the women who've been on the show are much more restrained. Anyhoo, I have no issue with Bekah posting Arie's DMs; he deserved it.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I like her response.  She might be young and immature but when she's right, she's right. 

Baby Beckah got over 300k new followers from this crap.  She’s doing it because people respond to it.  She’s two things Arie isn’t-Smart, and mature.  He’s the one being all butt hurt like a 12 year old.

i watched one of those crappy shows (extra?) with the hosts gushing like idiots over celebrities.  They had that crying Ashley and the one with the nanny on, and Beckah.  They sounded and looked like dumbasses, and Beckah was poised, intelligent, and looked super cute and the camera loves her.  I wager she’ll get a Hollywood gig, but much better than the other fools.  This kid is a winner. 

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Admittedly I did not watch this season at and really only tuned in for the WTA and the finale so it is very possible I missed the Bekah immaturity. But from what I've seen of her, considering she is only 23, an age where many people are still being immature, I actually think she seems quite mature.

The way I described her in an earlier episode thread is that she's a 22 year old who has a vision of the cool, accomplished adult woman she'd like to be but doesn't really have the experience yet to genuinely walk that walk.  So it's not really inauthentic but it's also not quite real.  Depending on the choices she makes, she could get there, though.

And in her final episode, the episode during which she got eliminated, she came off as very young.  Tia told Bekah that she had told Arie that she didn't think Bekah was ready for marriage.  Bekah then went crying to Arie and I think it highlights the dichotomy of Bekah of getting it but not quite getting it. I think she was trying to prey on Arie's protective instincts which was a great read on Arie considering that's likely what Arie was attracted to in Lauren.  But she took it a bit too far and it came off more like "daddy someone was mean to me" than "please comfort me, lovah." 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

in her final episode, the episode during which she got eliminated, she came off as very young.  Tia told Bekah that she had told Arie that she didn't think Bekah was ready for marriage.  Bekah then went crying to Arie and I think it highlights the dichotomy of Bekah of getting it but not quite getting it. I think she was trying to prey on Arie's protective instincts which was a great read on Arie considering that's likely what Arie was attracted to in Lauren.  But she took it a bit too far and it came off more like "daddy someone was mean to me" than "please comfort me, lovah." 

But given whom Arie ultimately chose, is it possible that Bekah read him correctly?  That he just wanted someone to tend to and care for?   Seriously, the evidence points to Bekah just having read him at that point.  It also showed Tia for who she was and she ultimately got booted off the island.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, b2H said:

But given whom Arie ultimately chose, is it possible that Bekah read him correctly?  That he just wanted someone to tend to and care for?   Seriously, the evidence points to Bekah just having read him at that point.  It also showed Tia for who she was and she ultimately got booted off the island.

Absolutely.  I even mentioned that in the post you quoted.  Here:

Bekah then went crying to Arie and I think it highlights the dichotomy of Bekah of getting it but not quite getting it. I think she was trying to prey on Arie's protective instincts which was a great read on Arie considering that's likely what Arie was attracted to in Lauren.  But she took it a bit too far and it came off more like "daddy someone was mean to me" than "please comfort me, lovah." 

I think she read him right but played it wrong.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2