Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

Okay, I read the Variety article.  A lot of bullshit in that article, IMHO. Robert Mills is quite the "spin-meister," isn't he?

You go to the place where you say this will be great, riveting TV, but you’ve got to realize that these are real people — not just Becca, but Arie and Lauren — and this could happen to anyone, so I think that makes it really difficult. Part of the importance of doing this on camera is it’s sort of a contract with the audience that you’re going to see the whole relationship from beginning to end on TV, and you’re taking that journey with them, and it’s important to understand the whole thing because now there will be no doubt in anyone’s mind what the reason is [that Arie and Becca broke up]. People can feel how they want to after seeing it, as opposed to just hearing about it.

Okay, Mr. Senior Vice President, how come we viewers didn't get to "take that journey" when Arie was initially IM'ing Lauren at the start of January, or later talking with Lauren on the phone (and you know they talked because of how she happily greeted him when he came to her door in Virginia Beach), or when he was making a case to Lauren's parents about why he should get a second chance (I assume he did talk to them)? Or when Arie was telling the Bachelor producers that he was having second thoughts? 

Are you saying that the protracted footage of Becca being blindsided in a rather humiliating fashion by asshat Arie is the only part of the journey covered by the "contract with the audience" you mentioned? But footage of Arie IM'ing or talking with Lauren, exploring Lauren's willingness to take him back, while he was still with Becca, is not part of the same contract, not something that we need to see or hear about in detail "so that there is no doubt in our minds as to how it all went down"? 

The drivel that comes out of the mouths of Chris Harrison, Robert Mills...I just can't.

Also, I've been reading some of the post-show interviews given by Arie. To quote Jennifer Aniston, in reference to Brad Pitt when he dumped her for Angelina Jolie, about whom he gushed endlessly even while Aniston was still digesting the news that he was leaving her: " There’s a sensitivity chip that’s missing."

Arie doesn't even have the grace in these interviews to act like he ever had authentic feelings for Becca. It's like he is just a step away from saying, "Becca? Oh, yeah, Becca, the girl  I proposed to first, that Becca...." He's so over her, it's clear, but at least have the grace to talk about her as though you ever gave a f**k.

As always, my opinions are my own.

• Love 22

Seriously, the evidence points to Bekah just having read him at that point.  

I think the evidence only points to one conclusion about "Bekah with the sugar bowl haircut": that she's an idiot.........with a sugar bowl haircut. 

• Love 7

If I read it correctly, a 24 year old Minnesota state representative drafted a law banning Arie from entering the state of Minnesota so that Becca could basically live in her home state “in peace”.  The lawmaker said he’d proceed with the ban bill if he got 1000 tweets supporting it.  Are you kidding me?  What an idiotic way to spend state time and now he’s getting press for this.  This has all gone too far IMO.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Lauren braving a nor'easter with bare legs and sandals. Always form over function for that girl.

She IS a mannequin! I couldn’t stop scrolling up and down on my phone and looking at her face in all three pictures. Arie is walking and looking all around, but Lauren has the exact perma-smile, headtilt, stare directly into the camera from all angles. Her face is like one of those sped-up animations where the camera focuses on an unmoving object while the chaos of real life spins around at 100X speed—like the opening credits of House of Cards. 

• Love 8
(edited)
18 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Arie is calling Baby Bekah "immature" for posting his DMs to her on Twitter. While I don't disagree that Bekah is immature, dude really needs to learn when to shut up. Going on the offensive won't do anything to improve the public's perception of him.

He seems clueless. If he really went on the show just to improve his brand (as RS says), then he has failed miserably. I don't think most people support him after that breakup, and everything he says publicly afterwards just takes him from bad to worse.

12 hours ago, violet and green said:

This is worth a read:

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/bachelor-arie-becca-lauren-breakup-proposal-bachelorette-1202720988/

It's an interview with an ABC exec, and throws some light here and there on what was aired and why, and some regrets.

What I thought was the most interesting about this interview, is that 1) that Ross approached them not vice versa, and he was the one that paid for his flight, not the show. If this isn't the truth, I would expect Ross to go publicly against them (unless he will be part of future productions, as suggested in this forum), 2) The producer says they regret making Arie out to be less interesting and witty than he really is, and they should have shown more of his personality, 3) He didn't sound confident that Becca really is over Arie, and says The Bachelorette will be unpredictable. Again, that might be to stir up ratings but I don't think you usually see them promoting the woman as maybe not ready for the show.

28 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Lauren braving a nor'easter with bare legs and sandals. Always form over function for that girl.

What I really noticed (only from that first photo, that was all I could take), is that Lauren is leaning away from him, and their holding hands look twisted awkwardly, like a Trump handshake.

Edited by PreBabylonia
Forgot a few essential verbs & nouns
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, PreBabylonia said:

What I really noticed (only from that first photo, that was all I could take), is that Lauren is leaning away from him, and their holding hands look twisted awkwardly, like a Trump handshake.

They were walking while the picture was being taken, I'm not reading into anything from it.

• Love 4

And now the New York post has a mug shot of Arie from when he was in his 20s and was arrested for driving with a suspended license due to speeding tickets, etc.  Good Lord.  Slowwwwww news day apparently.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, adhoc said:

You go to the place where you say this will be great, riveting TV, but you’ve got to realize that these are real people — not just Becca, but Arie and Lauren — and this could happen to anyone, so I think that makes it really difficult. Part of the importance of doing this on camera is it’s sort of a contract with the audience that you’re going to see the whole relationship from beginning to end on TV, and you’re taking that journey with them, and it’s important to understand the whole thing because now there will be no doubt in anyone’s mind what the reason is [that Arie and Becca broke up]. People can feel how they want to after seeing it, as opposed to just hearing about it.

All I could think of reading is this is that as society we are getting closer and closer to Hunger Games.   Chris Harrison is our very own Caesar Flickerman oozing false charm, Mills is Seneca Crane pulling the strings in the background, and we're the people in the districts.   And I'm very complicit in it since I watched the break-up when I could of turned off the TV or FF.   It's something I've been struggling with since the After The Final Rose.  FWIW

ETA: I know they sign up for this and literally sign away privacy.  But the break-up film felt like a step too far.

(ADHOC - didn't mean to quote you but rather the Robert Mills quote.  This isn't directed to you at all!)

Edited by LBS
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, PreBabylonia said:

2) The producer says they regret making Arie out to be less interesting and witty than he really is, and they should have shown more of his personality

Yes, I noticed that particularly also.  They only showed him being funny before the series proper started, getting prepped by Sean Lowe on how to hand out roses, for example, and in a few of the end credit outtakes, like the scene with Kendall and the bridal rats, and Krystal's rat zooming off in her car, etc. I think they did a number on Arie with that beige edit - though the mmmm, mmmmmm, yummy pizza kissing noises he kept making were all on him!

• Love 5

The state of Minnesota is thinking about banning Arie.  Wow.  I got dumped in junior high and no one even thought of banning that guy from home room. 

I just don't get it.  Becca  volunteered to go on a show where 28 women got publicly rejected while she held a rose and smiled. Now she's more to be loved, supported and pitied than cancer victims, just because her rejection came a few weeks later, and after a proposal.

If this is what happens to Bachelors and Bachelorettes who make an unpopular choice, or change their minds, I think anyone going on the show is taking a huge chance.  Except Becca of course.  The show knows when they've got a "star," more beloved than Julia Roberts and Meg Ryan combined, so I'm sure she'll be edited with the greatest of care.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

The state of Minnesota is thinking about banning Arie.  Wow.  I got dumped in junior high and no one even thought of banning that guy from home room. 

I just don't get it.  Becca  volunteered to go on a show where 28 women got publicly rejected while she held a rose and smiled. Now she's more to be loved, supported and pitied than cancer victims, just because her rejection came a few weeks later, and after a proposal.

If this is what happens to Bachelors and Bachelorettes who make an unpopular choice, or change their minds, I think anyone going on the show is taking a huge chance.  Except Becca of course.  The show knows when they've got a "star," more beloved than Julia Roberts and Meg Ryan combined, so I'm sure she'll be edited with the greatest of care.

The MML household is thinking about banning Becca ?! I hope she finds happiness as much as I would anyone who thinks she’ll find it on this franchise, and Arie certainly got the maroon edit, but I told Mr MML I just don’t care about her and don’t think her season will be entertaining, and he agrees that we’ll most likely be a Bachelorette-free zone next season and perhaps forever.

• Love 4
(edited)

So apparently Arie went to his ex Courtney for advice about what to do.  This is interesting:

As for the heavily criticized unedited breakup with Kufrin — which Luyendyk told Robertson he wanted to televise in order to “guarantee [Becca] as the next Bachelorette” — Robertson called it “painful to watch” before sticking up for her ex.

https://pagesix.com/2018/03/08/courtney-robertson-arie-was-sad-after-proposing-to-becca/

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, ByTor said:

So apparently Arie went to his ex Courtney for advice about what to do.  This is interesting:

https://pagesix.com/2018/03/08/courtney-robertson-arie-was-sad-after-proposing-to-becca/

Oh, brother. So he's still trying to make us think he's a sweet caring guy, just trying to "make Becca into the next B-ette?"  What a phony and what a heartless fraud. Wow, I think he's truly a hopeless narcissist. (Hint, Arie:  You weren't doing her a favor to cause her so much shock  and pain --and ON CAMERA, blindsided.  Even if you were not lying--which you obviously ARE--Becca's a person, she loved you, you hurt her--on camera-- and who even knows if she wanted to be the next b-ette--much less that she wanted your "help" to do it?)

He's such a manipulative liar.  Really can't stand him. I think he deserves all the bad press he's getting (and the Minn. thing is one Repub. representative getting a bit of free publicity. That "bill" isn't going anywhere, but maybe the gesture will take Arie down a peg. He really needs it.)

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Padma said:

That "bill" isn't going anywhere, but maybe the gesture will take Arie down a peg. He really needs it.)

Remember, they’re leaving the country for a while (who is paying for that junket, I wonder) and staying off social media.  They’ll never hear about it.

Oh, I think they'll be all over social media no matter where they are.  Remember, Lauren really does believe this is her fairytale ending and she'll probably expect others to see it as the love story of the century and will be seeking affirmation of that.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, rumidha said:

Bekah M is quite the hypocrite, isn't she? She accused Krystal of "curating a presence" and yet she openly admits the following:

I went to a casting call 45 minutes outside of L.A. I’m a pretty cunning person and I’d watched the show for awhile, so I thought, I got to plant my quirks. I got to be the token indie alternative girl. I’ve got the short hair, so that works, and I’ll wear an outfit that’s different and talk about how I’m a rock-climbing nanny and how I love to snowboard and do art.

And for someone who ostensibly wanted the Bachelor to be Peter she was more than happy to make out with Arie and cry about "not being seen for who [she is]." One of the worst famewhores of the season, IMO.

• Love 22

Bekah is approaching Ashley I's level of obnoxiousness and attention seeking. I'm not sure what those screenshots of DMs from Arie is supposed to prove, besides outing herself as an immature high schooler wannabe who has to show "receipts" for every gossip. I get it, Arie is a doofus with poor EQ and doesn't know what he wants but she's acting all melodramatic over him like he ran over her cat. Both Siene and Tia showed their disapproval of Arie without pulling childish stunts like Bekah. Sit down, kid. Yes, she IS a child not because she's 22 but because she acts like a brat since WTA.

And anyone with a brain cell can tell the image she carefully "curated" for herself on the show is fake AF.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Bekah M is quite the hypocrite, isn't she? She accused Krystal of "curating a presence" and yet she openly admits the following:

And for someone who ostensibly wanted the Bachelor to be Peter she was more than happy to make out with Arie and cry about "not being seen for who [she is]." One of the worst famewhores of the season, IMO.

Yeah, and she managed to get an old man shot in at Arie.  I still like her.  She actually researched this shit and spun it to her advantage. But calling the possum out is sort of pot meeting kettle. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

'm watching SNL right now, the opening is The Bachelor with Becca and Robert Mueller.

My husband just showed this to me. I was forced to admit that I'd seen the "original" and explained all the similarities (I'm retired; he's still working, so I watch a lot of trash he doesn't have time for :) )

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:07 PM, violet and green said:

This is worth a read:

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/bachelor-arie-becca-lauren-breakup-proposal-bachelorette-1202720988/

It's an interview with an ABC exec, and throws some light here and there on what was aired and why, and some regrets.

Contestants should read this ahead of appearing. It has some good things to know.  A few things I noticed: - that the women described Lauren as a lot more fun and personable than the editors chose to make her; - that Becca was gahgah over Peter and that made producers eliminate her if he was the bachelor--they only brought her in when it was Arie, someone she was arguably too young for and knew nothing about, and - Arie still acts like a player, not only all the EXTENSIVE contact with Lauren that Becca knew nothing abut (all while he was playacting that he really loved her) but also DMing the other women in a way that sounds like "keeping my options open".

I found him boring, but no matter what he is like as a bf, he seems completely unsuited to be a good husband. And his lack of empathy fr Becca--plus ability to now apparently feel nothing for her, not even remembering caring--is chilling.  So is his willingness to lie to put himself in a good light (the insistence that he had her blindsided on camera because he's so nice and thoughtful that he thought it would be a good chance for her to be B-ette.) He's just awful. I wonder if that was masked during Emily's season by Emily's interest combined with not a lot of screen time, and the "glamour" of eing a race car driver? Plus the mystique about his kissing technique which now seems ... overused and nothing special.  I don't know how he went from being a heartthrob to "Grandpa Possum" but it happened. There's no way he and Lauren will be married (I think her family must be appalled by him, too, if they watched, even if Arie and Lauren didn't.)

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Padma said:

that Becca was gahgah over Peter and that made producers eliminate her if he was the bachelor--they only brought her in when it was Arie, someone she was arguably too young for and knew nothing about

That was Baby Bekah, not Bachelorette Becca.

20 minutes ago, Padma said:

There's no way he and Lauren will be married (I think her family must be appalled by him, too, if they watched, even if Arie and Lauren didn't.)

Lauren said on Kimmel that her parents "support everything [she does]" which to me sounds like they know it's useless to try talking their idiot child out of a bad decision, so they're letting her learn from her own mistakes.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Lauren said on Kimmel that her parents "support everything [she does]" which to me sounds like they know it's useless to try talking their idiot child out of a bad decision, so they're letting her learn from her own mistakes.

Her parents are also deluded.  Go look up her moms twitter if you want to see the twitter log of someone with a willful ignorance of reality (pamela burnham virginia beach twitter) will get you there.  

I think i saw some commentary about Becca and Lauren being very different people - and it stated that Lauren voted for Trump and Becca is rather (or comparatively) liberal. I think It will be interesting to see how that all plays out. Arie was raised by European immigrants, though between the car racing and the traditional male/female protector/protectee relationship  he seems to espouse, i think he is possibly less liberal than i might have assumed in his non-religiousness and him being an immigrant. 

We will see. His past relationships: (lived with a gf before marriage, got an ex pregnant out of wedlock, history of cheating and womanizing) dont scream “traditional family values”

2 minutes ago, fib said:

I think i saw some commentary about Becca and Lauren being very different people - and it stated that Lauren voted for Trump and Becca is rather (or comparatively) liberal. I think It will be interesting to see how that all plays out. Arie was raised by European immigrants, though between the car racing and the traditional male/female protector/protectee relationship  he seems to espouse, i think he is possibly less liberal than i might have assumed in his non-religiousness and him being an immigrant. 

We will see. His past relationships: (lived with a gf before marriage, got an ex pregnant out of wedlock, history of cheating and womanizing) dont scream “traditional family values”

You can't assume that someone's liberal just because they're from Europe. Having lived in several European countries, I can assure you that there are plenty of conservative, even right-wing, people there. In Europe, people's political leanings have little to do with their "family values" or religious beliefs; it's mostly about fiscal/immigration policy.

I also don't think that Arie and Lauren are having lively informed discussions about politics anytime soon.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Does he have a kid?

No, that was the miscarriage story he told Lauren. The ex in question told RS that Arie "outed" her - most of her family and friends didn't know she'd been pregnant - and that he fudged the details.

• Love 2
On 3/1/2018 at 12:06 PM, Mabinogia said:

I feel bad for the fans who want to go into the finale unspoiled because it seems like you'd basically have to hide in your house with no TV, radio, newspaper, internet or contact with the outside world to avoid these spoilers. WTF? Did the show just give up? This could be a legit "most shocking ending ever" if it weren't being broadcast pretty much everywhere. I can't remember an ending being outed the way this one seems to be by major media outlets. It's weird.

I could see them not caring as much about predictable seasons being spoiled, but they are hyping this one with 5 hours of TV time, you'd think they'd want to keep the secret a little better.

I managed, altough I had some suspicions about what was going to go down. I was kind of hoping for an additional twist after that, though, to really make it the most dramatic thing ever, as there did seem to be a certain element of "No, they really mean it this time."

On 3/8/2018 at 1:23 PM, PreBabylonia said:

What I thought was the most interesting about this interview, is that 1) that Ross approached them not vice versa, and he was the one that paid for his flight, not the show. If this isn't the truth, I would expect Ross to go publicly against them (unless he will be part of future productions, as suggested in this forum), 2) The producer says they regret making Arie out to be less interesting and witty than he really is, and they should have shown more of his personality

1. That makes me much less sympathetic to Ross. Especially if her sister's reports of his basically refusing to leave her alone since their breakup are true. That is not acceptable behaviour, and may even cross into illegal territory. Also makes me that much madder about the notion that she should have treated hi more gently. Ick.

2. How many times do you suppose they'll regret watering someone down into nothingness before they consider actually letting someone's personality come through?

14 hours ago, fib said:

Lots of people's actual relationship behaviours don't exactly jive with the values they claim to espouse... No idea what his politics are, but I'm certainly not confident about this relationship's chances for long-term success. No matter how much one likes the "chase," and having to work for someone's affections, the constant need to reassure her and work for her affections will get old.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, kingshearte said:

No idea what his politics are, but I'm certainly not confident about this relationship's chances for long-term success

What one believes politically has no bearing on whether or not that person is capable of having a successful relationship. The only hindrance I see is if they have different views and they can't reconcile those differences.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, chocolatine said:

No, that was the miscarriage story he told Lauren. The ex in question told RS that Arie "outed" her - most of her family and friends didn't know she'd been pregnant - and that he fudged the details.

Yes, that's just like him with claiming he'd broken up with Becca that way because he's so considerate. I think the "miscarriage" was to make him seem sympathetic to Lauren. But, like the breakup story, it was fake--skewed so Arie could manipulate someone's feelings about HIM.  He didn't think of Becca at all the way he did it. And he didn't think how it would effect his ex- to tell about her "miscarriage" on television which, not knowing about it before, many of her friends and family would now assume was really an abortion.

He'll throw you under the bus, if it makes him look good.

[And yes, re: earlier post, y'all are right. I meant "Bekah" not "Becca".]

• Love 2

Their interview made me wish we'd seen more of the women just hanging out and having fun. I do like how close this particular cast of women seem to be. I guess when you're not really into the bachelor it's more fun to hang with the gals. It's one of the things I like about Paradise. There is a bit more focus on friendships, not just hookups. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, kingshearte said:

1. That makes me much less sympathetic to Ross. Especially if her sister's reports of his basically refusing to leave her alone since their breakup are true. That is not acceptable behaviour, and may even cross into illegal territory. Also makes me that much madder about the notion that she should have treated hi more gently. Ick.

It’s why I said when he showed up in Peru, she should get a restraining order first thing.

• Love 3
On 10/03/2018 at 6:08 PM, chocolatine said:

I believe she was stating that Krystal was curating a false presence. I think it's perfectly natural to amp a bit whom you really are, to get cast. I can definitely see Bekah using this show to give her an edge into performing and I don't see anything wrong with that. Most of the women on this show have that in the back of their mind, based on how many TV opportunities they accept if Fleiss gives them the A okay.

On 11/03/2018 at 4:31 PM, Padma said:

Contestants should read this ahead of appearing. It has some good things to know.  A few things I noticed: - that the women described Lauren as a lot more fun and personable than the editors chose to make her; - that Becca was gahgah over Peter and that made producers eliminate her if he was the bachelor--they only brought her in when it was Arie, someone she was arguably too young for and knew nothing about, and - Arie still acts like a player, not only all the EXTENSIVE contact with Lauren that Becca knew nothing abut (all while he was playacting that he really loved her) but also DMing the other women in a way that sounds like "keeping my options open".

I found him boring, but no matter what he is like as a bf, he seems completely unsuited to be a good husband. And his lack of empathy fr Becca--plus ability to now apparently feel nothing for her, not even remembering caring--is chilling.  So is his willingness to lie to put himself in a good light (the insistence that he had her blindsided on camera because he's so nice and thoughtful that he thought it would be a good chance for her to be B-ette.) He's just awful. I wonder if that was masked during Emily's season by Emily's interest combined with not a lot of screen time, and the "glamour" of eing a race car driver? Plus the mystique about his kissing technique which now seems ... overused and nothing special.  I don't know how he went from being a heartthrob to "Grandpa Possum" but it happened. There's no way he and Lauren will be married (I think her family must be appalled by him, too, if they watched, even if Arie and Lauren didn't.)

I really enjoyed reading that article this morning. Very enlightening about the process and I actually like both Kendall and Bekah. There is a little bit of artifice in them both sure, and I definitely get the impression that Kendall would love to be a future Bachelorette, but I think I'd enjoy that. You can't be a shrinking violet and have a good reality show experience. And I agree with Kendall that Lauren doesn't really have the personality to go on a show like this. I think she is taking it all pretty seriously. I think Becca took it seriously too, but most of her hurt came from being rejected, especially so publicly. I had a friend that tried classified dating (in the 80s!) and she was devastated when one of them broke it off with her after a few dates. She wasn't happy with him and I think planning on dropping him at some point herself, but everything changed when he did that to her first. Two months later, she probably realized how much of a favour he did her. Arie was just a giant douche. I can't believe how much I looked forward to seeing him. Like Padma, I thought he came across exceedingly well on Emily's season.

On 11/03/2018 at 4:54 PM, chocolatine said:

They're probably thinking, third time lucky. Maybe they just really really want her to move out and live her life. She comes across as very needy and dependent.

23 hours ago, fib said:

Her parents are also deluded.  Go look up her moms twitter if you want to see the twitter log of someone with a willful ignorance of reality (pamela burnham virginia beach twitter) will get you there.  

Can't say I am surprised about Lauren's voting choice. She probably just really liked wearing the hat.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, PreBabylonia said:

[Re Lauren’s parents liking the engagement]They're probably thinking, third time lucky. Maybe they just really really want her to move out and live her life. She comes across as very needy and dependent.

Lauren lives in Dallas (far far from Virginia Beach where her parents live), has a good job, and is quite independent—not a secret, this was all presented on the show.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Lauren lives in Dallas (far far from Virginia Beach where her parents live), has a good job, and is quite independent—not a secret, this was all presented on the show.

She LIVED in Dallas, where she moved to be with her ex fiance. HAD an apprently wntry level phone sales job for about 5 months  - she started in February and went on the show in September? - for which she had no relevant experience.  She moved colleges after a year, apparently following her folks from Washington to Virginia. 

Im being unnecessarily mean  here - she actually has a lot on her resume- the home health aide and EMT work is impressive - im just pointing out that “independent” might be a stretch. 

1 hour ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

I honestly fell asleep several of the times she was featured on the show. Still, three engagements indicates neediness to me. I thought her tech salesperson job meant that she worked in a mall kiosk - no?

18 minutes ago, PreBabylonia said:

I honestly fell asleep several of the times she was featured on the show. Still, three engagements indicates neediness to me. I thought her tech salesperson job meant that she worked in a mall kiosk - no?

According to her LinkedIn page, she works for Vonage as a "business solutions sales executive." The title is probably overinflated, as most sales job titles are, but Vonage is a well-known telecommunications company, so not a mall kiosk.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, fib said:

She moved colleges after a year, apparently following her folks from Washington to Virginia. 

So she lives with her parents now (assuming she didn't move to AZ yet)?  I thought maybe ABC knew Lauren was visiting her family & filmed the scenes there, her living there makes more sense.

• Love 1

Chris Soules has surfaced on instagram after almost a year away from social media. His attempts to get the charges against him were dismissed. His trial for leaving the scene of a fatal accident starts in November.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, PreBabylonia said:

They're probably thinking, third time lucky. Maybe they just really really want her to move out and live her life. She comes across as very needy and dependent.

haha, good point. They probably think this guy will marry her just to prove the haters wrong so this is their chance. Regardless of where she lives, who with and what she does for a living, everything she did on this show screams needy and dependent. She could be completely independent career wise but she strikes me as the type who needs constant reassurance from a man that she is worthy. She's probably a lot of fun when a man isn't around, when she's just hanging with the girls, but as soon as the potential love interest shows up she's all needy and insecure. Good luck to them. They're gonna need it.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Regardless of where she lives, who with and what she does for a living, everything she did on this show screams needy and dependent

So much for the belief that her "aloofness" made her appear unavailable, which then made Arie want to chase her.

• Love 1