Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

On 9/18/2017 at 4:57 AM, JudyObscure said:

Mention of Ali and Roberto made me think of how much their relationship on the show was like Rachel's toward Peter.  Ali was always the one initiating kisses while Roberto held back looking a little uncomfortable.  He even actually pushed her off a few times.  I never thought he seemed that into Ali and I remember Roberto's father telling her Roberto could get any woman he wanted, and seeming to imply Ali wasn't quite beautiful enough.

Thanks for the reminder.  When they broke up I stuck up for Ali when many were blaming her for being a famewhore and kicking him to the curb because he was in her way.  Nope!  He and his family wanted him to marry someone Ali could never be nor wanted to.  A lot had to do with religion and the proper 'role' a wife plays.  And he was not Frank, there was always that.   

On 9/12/2017 at 5:41 PM, nutty1 said:

Peter was on ET and explained why he didn't do the show..... damn, he is more handsome, if possible.

http://www.etonline.com/exclusive-peter-kraus-reveals-why-fear-stopped-him-being-bachelor-and-what-future-holds-87076?linkId=42137102

It seems so clear he regrets not proposing now that he has had time to gather his wits.  I was surprised and pleased at his honesty saying he was worried what people would think.  He feared being ridiculed.   He has another chance now.

I have not read how Rachael and Bryan are doing but I do wonder if she will have pangs of not choosing Peter as she watches him on the Winter Games.   

• Love 5
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

I have not read how Rachael and Bryan are doing

They seem to be doing just fine and are seemingly very happy with each other, despite having to constantly deal with people who can't move on from the season and so feel the need to constantly post on Rachel's social media account that she settled and how unhappy she really is but is just faking. So you know, the usual Bachelor Nation madness. 

It seems so clear he regrets not proposing now that he has had time to gather his wits.  I was surprised and pleased at his honesty saying he was worried what people would think.  He feared being ridiculed.   He has another chance now.

YMMV but I didn't get any regrets about not proposing to Rachel in that interview and more regret that he let the negative opinions of him being a hypocrite if he took the Bachelor position, essentially make him screw up the opportunity. That's what I think he regrets - that his hemming and hawing cost him the gig in favor of Arie because make no mistake, he wanted it. Obviously no one really enjoys being hated and most people want to be liked but it's clear from some of the things Peter said in that interview (and his recent meltdown on Instagram) that he puts a lot of stock, probably more than he should, in what random strangers think about him. And personally, in my opinion, that's not very healthy. Especially when he gets so much viewer adoration and yet he lets the little bit of criticism and hate he gets, bother him so much.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

As if she wasn't almost too perfect already, now she's going to be Whitney Angel.  I hope she'll be very happy, she deserves some luck after doing time with the drunken farmer.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 11

I listened to both Jen Saviano and Sarah's (from Nick's season and BIP) interviews with RS.
I thought Jen was sort of boring, young.
I thought Sarah was trying way too hard, came across as very young.

My least favorite interviews RS has done so far. I like the "old timers" better.

On 11/9/2017 at 0:22 PM, saber5055 said:

I swear I saw Nick V. on the new Will & Grace, he was "an actor" at a commercial audition and spoke to Jack, who also was there to audition.

I think it was an actual commercial (for Honda) that happened to be shown during W&G. But it was definitely Nick V.!

A judge will announce tomorrow his decision to let/not let Chris Soules off Scot free for his drunken-driving accident that killed his neighbor. Soules' lawyer says the charge of fleeing the scene violates Chris' Fifth Amendment rights since Chris called 911 and "he says" gave CPR. I hope the judge takes into account Chris hiding inside a house and refusing to answer the door until cops got a warrant. But my bet is he gets off, free. I hope I am wrong.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

He may get off free, but if it's any consolation at least his conscience won't (at least I hope it won't).

The way Chris's post-accident actions were described made it look like he wasn't thinking of anyone but himself. And then his lawyer tried to stop the court from referring to the neighbor as a victim ... I don't see conscience playing a role in any of that, unfortunately.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, chocolatine said:

The way Chris's post-accident actions were described made it look like he wasn't thinking of anyone but himself. And then his lawyer tried to stop the court from referring to the neighbor as a victim ... I don't see conscience playing a role in any of that, unfortunately.

Very true.  But one never knows what inner turmoil is masked by outward arrogance.

• Love 1
On 12/1/2017 at 10:31 PM, Armchair Critic said:

Somebody who said they live in the same town posted that it was common knowledge that Soules would drive drunk down that road at night but that people are afraid to speak out.

Did they happen to mention why people were afraid to say anything?

I'm going with because Chris is an asshole and would probably use his money to crush them. I imagine there are a lot of people around that area who are somehow dependent on his mega-farm for their livelihood. But mostly he just seems like a dick who would at least slash their tires if they dared speak out against him. lol

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm curious if they're afraid of backlash because Chris is an asshole, or if they're just afraid any complaints would fall on deaf ears.

Isn't Soules Farm a major employer in the area? People who work for him or want the option to do so in the future would not want to risk their livelihoods.

ETA: @Mabinogia beat me to it.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 3

Or it’s a “I heard that he said that his mom said that her boss told her that the police said the neighbors said....” mild gossip item. I don’t like Soules and have no opinion on how he should be tried but imo this is sort of meaningless. If the citizens all really “know” that he drives drunk down that road and let it go then the neighbor’s death is on them too.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

If the citizens all really “know” that he drives drunk down that road and let it go then the neighbor’s death is on them too.

Clue me in.  The people in the area are partially responsible for Soules hitting a tractor trailer and killing the driver?  Soules has 14 confirmed traffic violations to his name, starting in 1998.  The majority are for excessive speed, and reckless driving, but he has three charges resulting to having alcohol in the car or driving drunk.  He's gotten off with paying fines every time.  Seems to me that the courts in his area are the ones that dropped the ball.

Are the citizens supposed to be on the lookout for him so they can tell all other drivers to get off the road because Chris is on the road again?  I don't understand how he still has a license.

Below is a list of Soules' confirmed offenses:

Spoiler

Oct. 15, 1998: Soules was found guilty of speeding in a 55 mph or under zone and paid a fine.
Feb. 24, 2000: Soules was found guilty of speeding in a 55 mph or under zone and paid a fine.
Jan. 31, 2001: Soules, who was 19 at the time, was found guilty of possession of alcohol while underage and paid a fine.
March 18, 2001: Soules was found guilty of failing to maintain control of his vehicle and paid a fine.
April 6, 2001: Soules was once again found guilty of possession of alcohol while underage and paid a fine.
Aug. 4, 2001: Once again, the still 19-year-old Soules was found guilty of possession of alcohol while underage, as well as having an open container of alcohol and running a stop sign. He also pleaded guilty to speeding in a 55 mph zone and paid a fine.
Jan. 26, 2002: Soules was found guilty for fighting and noise, as well as an unlawful use of his license, and paid a fine.
Feb. 22, 2002: Soules was found guilty of leaving a scene, as well as for a stop sign/yield sign violation, and paid a fine.
June 22, 2004: Soules was found guilty of failing to comply with safety regulation rules and paid a fine.
2006: Soules pleaded guilty for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. As part of his sentence, he was fined $500 and served one year of probation.
Nov. 8, 2006: Soules was charged with speeding in a 55 mph or under zone, though it was eventually dismissed by the court.
Dec. 19, 2009: Soules pleaded guilty to speeding in 30, 40, 50 mph zones and paid a fine.
Nov. 12, 2010: Soules pleaded guilty to a registration violation and paid a fine.
Jan. 10, 2012: Soules pleaded guilty to speeding in a 25 mph zone and paid a fine.

He just kept paying fines, and since he worked on his family farm, I don't know that he ever actually saw a loss of income.  The fines were probably paid by his parents and he just kept on doing what he wanted.  He's the golden boy of the family, everything will eventually come to him when his parents pass on.  The vast majority of the work is performed by workers, his daddy runs the business, his mother takes care of the house.  He's a spoiled brat who's never had to worry about anything.  When the whole business is finally in his hands, he'll probably run it into the ground because he doesn't understand how to keep it all going.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Clue me in.  The people in the area are partially responsible for Soules hitting a tractor trailer and killing the driver?  Soules has 14 confirmed traffic violations to his name, starting in 1998.  The majority are for excessive speed, and reckless driving, but he has three charges resulting to having alcohol in the car or driving drunk.  He's gotten off with paying fines every time.  Seems to me that the courts in his area are the ones that dropped the ball.

Are the citizens supposed to be on the lookout for him so they can tell all other drivers to get off the road because Chris is on the road again?  ...

Because the above states says "it was common knowledge that Soules would drive drunk down that road at night but that people are afraid to speak out." It's a small town. If I was afraid to speak out to the police and my neighbor got killed? Yeah, I would feel that was on me too. YMMV.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 1

My initial though was that the police probably wouldn't do anything anyway if it were just neighbors talking, but seeing what @Zahdii posted, if one person spoke up it would be quite easy for the police to check him out and see what a hazard he is.  But of course being that he is from such a tiny town, I don't think much police digging would be necessary, I'm sure they all knew.

• Love 2

The Soules family is wealthy which, IMO, is why Chris just got fined and no jail time and license never taken away. Who knows who is related to whom in the local court system there, if there even is one. Soules' high-school classmates might be in the police/sheriff department. That would be something interesting to research. I wonder how many arrests/fines he had as a minor since those records would be sealed and the public ones started when he was 18 (as listed above, thank you!). As for neighbors afraid to speak out, only they know why they are afraid. We can just speculate. And Zahdii, Chris ran into a tractor, a John Deere farm tractor, on that road, not a tractor trailer, which would be a semi. Mr. Mosher was returning home from working in his farm fields. Farm tractors, including this model John Deere, are equipped with flashing rear lights and headlights. Chris was just drunk and speeding and doing who knows what else when he rear ended and killed Mr. Mosher. We'll never know because no way is Chris going to tell anything truthful about that night.

• Love 8

Quite by accident I caught a tv movie last night, "Christmas Cruise," starring Vivica A. Fox and Nick Viall. Nick had a full beard and was unrecognizable except for his voice, so I knew it was him. He was the captain of the cruise ship and had some stupid lines. I kept turning over to the SNL rerun.

Thanks for the cast link Chocolatine. Lauren G looks like the last B-ette, whose name I can't even remember now. (Okay, so I've been sick.) I have to give my vote to Bekah since she is the ONLY ONE who dares to break the mold of long extensions and no bangs. I swear, half of these chicks look identical. Are they afraid to be ... I don't know ... individuals? Although props to one who has shoulder-length hair and another with straight hair. Yeay for diversity of hair!

I'm picking, Bri, Jenna, and Valerie as final three.  I think they're the prettiest by current standards, and it's been my experience with this show and life in general that, appearance is all that matters.

@Saber, I read somewhere that when men have affairs the other woman almost always has longer hair than the wife/girlfriend.  Long hair must be up there with round plastic boobs in the minds of most men.

• Love 2

LOL leighdear. I know what you mean. Watching again reminded me of how much I did NOT like Emily, from any of the seasons she was on. Her buck teeth (veneers?) and constant licking of them ... gah, I had forgotten about that. Thanks a lot show. But Arie ... yowza. No comparison between Jef and Arie, and I liked Jef. Although it is funny hearing about how so much in lurve Jef and Emily were knowing what happened later. I'm also one who thinks Arie dating that PA is what set Emily off and made her kick him out. Bullet avoided, Arie!

Jef constantly referring to dating "girls" also bugs the heck out of me.

• Love 6

Watching parts of this right now.  Emily is awful, isn't she?  She handled that breakup with Arie with the maturity of a nine year old, then got annoyed and bawly when Arie didn't cry and grovel at her feet.  Yeeks!  I have no idea what happened between her and Jef post-show except for the inevitable break-up but both he and Arie dodged a bullet.  

Did Emily ever find someone and get married or did she decide it would be safer to live out her life on Rick Hendrick's money?  

Soooooo, edited because I looked her up and see she not only married, she has four kids now.  Well, good for her finding her soulmate apart from the lights and contrivance of a TV show.  Also read Jef's reaction to Arie being the Bachelor.  Calling him "disgusting"?  Interesting.  Well he did date Courtney so that would qualify.  I'll be watching because Arie is pretty and "The Bachelor" is still one of the best comedies on television.  Always.

Edited by limecoke
  • Love 5