Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, limecoke said:

Did Emily ever find someone and get married or did she decide it would be safer to live out her life on Rick Hendrick's money?  

She eventually married a guy from her church and has been popping out babies ever since. She just had her fourth two months ago.

3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

The last episode of Emily's season from July 22, 2012, is being broadcast here. So we get to see Arie being rejected in full, plus another look at Jef. I'm in!

Where are you?  It isn't on my guide.  Damn 

ETA.  I don't get it in MT.  Shit

Edited by Wings

Wings, I'm in northern Illinois. The show was a full-on rerun of that last episode when Jef and Emily rode off into the sunset hand in hand with Little Ricki, in love forever. Plus Chris Harrison popped in from time to time to show us Arie's heartbreak and give us about 10 minutes of the upcoming series. Those we saw on the Intro To Arie episode so there was nothing new. Except to reinforce that Arie is my dream man, he can drive fast, fix a car, wicked kisser, tall drink of water, smooth as silk. I will probably hate all the women on his season ... because they aren't me.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I will probably hate all the women on his season ... because they aren't me.

I'll be right there with ya......*LOL*

Even though I didn't really like her, I still maintain that Emily was one of the best Bachelorettes they've ever had.  She had every one of those guys panting after her like dogs, and she NEVER chased them.  The way she slapped Kalon down & did the whole iron-fist-in-a-velvet-glove thing was masterful.  She was always in total control, even when she was crying and ditching Arie. 

And I think he looks even better now than he did then.  *swoon* 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7

Happy New Year! Does anyone here follow Nick V. on Instagram, Twitter or whatever? I saw Nick or his identical twin in my local coffee shop on Christmas Eve day. It probably wasn't him, but the resemblance was pretty striking. I'm in a small town 25 miles west of Minneapolis. I'm just wondering where he spent Christmas. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Happy New Year! Does anyone here follow Nick V. on Instagram, Twitter or whatever? I saw Nick or his identical twin in my local coffee shop on Christmas Eve day. It probably wasn't him, but the resemblance was pretty striking. I'm in a small town 25 miles west of Minneapolis. I'm just wondering where he spent Christmas. 

He was home in Minnesota for Christmas and he and some of his friends took a road trip to Lambeau Field to see the Packers play. So if you were anywhere in that vicinity, it very well might have been him. That said, he does have like 100 siblings so it might have been one of them that looks a lot like him. 

I was just going to say that, Chocolatine. Waukesha is just west of Milwaukee and only a couple hours north of me, I've been there many times, which is why I remember he's from there. I barely recognized Nick in that Christmas Cruise movie, he had a full beard, but his voice was the same. You should have gone up to that guy, Lamb18, and asked him something so you could have heard him speak! If Nick did go to Green Bay for the Packers game, he could have been in Minneapolis to spend the night or whatever. Bears played Vikings in Minneapolis this past weekend, so maybe that was him, if he's a fan. Someone here has to know!

Happy New Year Bachelor fans! Here's hoping for a great Jan-U-Arie. I know: *groan*

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Here's hoping for a great Jan-U-Arie.

And now we know the real reason Arie was chosen over Peter. They couldn't have said it was Petuary, or Janupeter. Just doesn't have the same corny ring to it. haha

• Love 5
4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Happy New Year Bachelor fans! Here's hoping for a great Jan-U-Arie. I know: *groan*

The weird coincidence is that if you remove the final "e," you actually have the Dutch word for January -- "Januari."

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I was just going to say that, Chocolatine. Waukesha is just west of Milwaukee and only a couple hours north of me, I've been there many times, which is why I remember he's from there. I barely recognized Nick in that Christmas Cruise movie, he had a full beard, but his voice was the same. You should have gone up to that guy, Lamb18, and asked him something so you could have heard him speak! If Nick did go to Green Bay for the Packers game, he could have been in Minneapolis to spend the night or whatever. Bears played Vikings in Minneapolis this past weekend, so maybe that was him, if he's a fan. Someone here has to know!

Is he from the town of Waukesha or another town in Waukesha County?  I have family there so I'm curious. 

Lol.  Emily should have seen the writing on the wall when Jef proposed.  She had asked him not to, she of the two failed engagements already.  If someone disregards your preferneces so readily, they are not ready for partnership.  

• Love 1
On 1/3/2018 at 1:15 PM, fib said:

Lol.  Emily should have seen the writing on the wall when Jef proposed.  She had asked him not to, she of the two failed engagements already.  If someone disregards your preferneces so readily, they are not ready for partnership.  

I do not remember her asking him not to propose. And I was obsessed with Jef and Emily!

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, nutty1 said:

I do not remember her asking him not to propose. And I was obsessed with Jef and Emily!

IIRC, he was the one who said he wouldn't propose until he got to meet Ricki. Emily wasn't originally planning on having anyone meet Ricki until after the engagement, but she did as Jef asked.

I wasn't a Jef fan back then - all the stuff he said to Emily sounded rehearsed to me - and his Twitter jab at Arie doesn't reflect well on him either, IMO. Oh well, statistically it is very likely that Arie and his F1 won't last a year, and if/when that happens I hope CH takes Jef at his word and makes him cough up the $5k donation.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 3
On 12/31/2017 at 7:07 PM, leighdear said:

I'll be right there with ya......*LOL*

Even though I didn't really like her, I still maintain that Emily was one of the best Bachelorettes they've ever had.  She had every one of those guys panting after her like dogs, and she NEVER chased them.  The way she slapped Kalon down & did the whole iron-fist-in-a-velvet-glove thing was masterful.  She was always in total control, even when she was crying and ditching Arie. 

And I think he looks even better now than he did then.  *swoon* 

I wasted a few hours reading her book. Someone in another thread summed Emily up by calling her a pretty pretty princess which I found to be the most accurate description. I think following her Mom's advice to Never chase boys let them chase you made for great tv. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Emily wasn't originally planning on having anyone meet Ricki until after the engagement

Wait, so she was going to get engaged to a guy who never met her child? The child he would supposedly become step-father of? She clearly had no intention of her bachelorette engagement sticking. Arie dodged a big one there. Though, if he wasn't really looking for a real relationship either, they could have made it work for the designated period of time required to get maximum media exposure. 

I am always amused when people say Emily never chased anyone on her season. Emily chased Jef. There were ITM's of her wondering if Jef even liked her, her being sad because dude took weeks to kiss her, her even telling him how she wondered if he even liked her. And while he kept being aloof she was giving him group date roses. Jef played the same game on Emily that she played on Brad (a little aloof, keep them at arm's length) and in both cases, it worked.

• Love 3

I don't watch this for the romance so I'd rather the lead be a player. I don't really want to see some guy crying because he's fallen in love with more than one woman and is going to have to break someone's heart. Though I'm 99% sure that is exactly what will happen...again...because it is in the script.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Wait, so she was going to get engaged to a guy who never met her child? The child he would supposedly become step-father of? She clearly had no intention of her bachelorette engagement sticking. Arie dodged a big one there. Though, if he wasn't really looking for a real relationship either, they could have made it work for the designated period of time required to get maximum media exposure. 

In her book she said she had no intention of getting engaged. Her Mom kept telling her to not get engaged again. That by saying yes again, she screwed up. She mentioned over looking some of the warning signs like Jef's immaturity. 

Edited by LemonSoda
Typo
  • Love 4

Ben and Ashley I will be making appearances on the show FirstLook this season. I caught part of their first episode tonight. They were hosting the show and the theme was Golden Globes Preview. Ashley had a segment where she went to a florist to learn flower arranging. 

Wow, I really can't think of 2 people related to this franchise that I would like to see LESS than Ashley Crybaby and Limp Ben. 

I'd actually prefer watching Kalon, Kelsey Poe and Chad "Meat Man" Johnson watching paint dry over watching anything those pathetic attention whores would do. 

But that's just me....

• Love 5

Chad gets the nod simply because he served in the Marine Corps, so even though he's a whacko, he at least defended our country for a few years.  I think that's worth more than Ben accomplishing absolutely nothing.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I think that's worth more than Ben accomplishing absolutely nothing.  

Hey now! It's not easy to go through life accomplishing absolutely nothing! I do respect that Chad was in the service, but I don't think it is possible for me to loathe or despise a contestant more. I'd even take Corrinne over him, and believe me, that was NOT easy to type. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Ben and Ashley I will be making appearances on the show FirstLook this season. I caught part of their first episode tonight. They were hosting the show and the theme was Golden Globes Preview. Ashley had a segment where she went to a florist to learn flower arranging. 

Ashley Roberts is out as host? Bummer! She made the show interesting. I couldn't stand it when Audrina was hosting. 

22 hours ago, violet and green said:

George Clooney wasn't interested in settling down until suddenly he was. I don't doubt Arie's a player, that's part of his charm! I think Jef is pretty much the pot calling the kettle black re his twitter comments, also.

I agree! Sometimes all it takes is meeting the right person to make them gain that interest. One f Jef should shut up. 

• Love 2

crgirl412, Nick Viall is from Waukesha, Wisconsin, the town, although that is the county seat of Waukesha County, so technically he is from both. But he lived in the town of Waukesha. He is a 1999 graduate of Waukesha North High School and was a track star, too.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Ashley Roberts is out as host? Bummer! She made the show interesting. I couldn't stand it when Audrina was hosting. 

According to a post on FirstLook’s FB page, Ashley Roberts will still be part of the show along with at least 3-4 other people. When I was Googling as to why Ben and Ashley I were on the program I noticed that the two of them have made a podcast together so maybe that led to the FirstLook gig. They wouldn’t have been my first choice for anything. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

According to a post on FirstLook’s FB page, Ashley Roberts will still be part of the show along with at least 3-4 other people. When I was Googling as to why Ben and Ashley I were on the program I noticed that the two of them have made a podcast together so maybe that led to the FirstLook gig. They wouldn’t have been my first choice for anything. 

Thank you! It's a silly show but I think Ashley brought a lot of fun energy to it that previous hosts (Ali, Audrina) lacked. 

5 hours ago, leighdear said:

Chad gets the nod simply because he served in the Marine Corps, so even though he's a whacko, he at least defended our country for a few years.  I think that's worth more than Ben accomplishing absolutely nothing.  

Let’s not be hasty. Ben makes WINE. That being said, it’s his only redeeming quality. Put my vote down for Ben as the WORST. Second to last goes to skeevy Charlie O’Connell, who actually did body shots off the girls during a group date. Then Blob as third worst. I’m having a tough time choosing between Chris and Jake as 4th worst, but let’s give it to Chris because that asshole killed a man. And at least Jake and Vienna gave one of the best breakup specials in Bachelor History. I can’t really think of anyone else who BOTHERED me as the lead; for example, Juan Pablo was terrible “as the Bachelor,” but that actually made the season kind of fun that he wasn’t playing along.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Nope, the other Ben, Jen.....*LOL*  The one who looks like Peter Brady is the useless one.  Wine guy Ben gets HUGE kudos from me!!  ;-)

Oh, Peter Brady Ben was so bland that I forgot he existed! But Vineyard Ben Flapjack was just gross—sloppy looking kissses and a smug superiority complex. I’d take Boring Ben over Slobbery Ben.

My unpopular opinion is that I liked Jason Mesnick. I think i’m the only one who thought he was a good catch as a genuinely nice guy who was obviously There For The Right Reasons...uh, despite needing a do-over on the fiancé selection.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

My unpopular opinion is that I liked Jason Mesnick.

I actually like Jason too. I like him for having the balls to dump his "final pick" when he realized she wasn't all that and he really loved Molly. Plus I fucking hate Melissa Rycroft so the fact he dumped her was icing on the cake. 

There are few of the guys that I loathe. Chris the Murderous Farmer and Roid Rage Chad are the two I refuse to have anything at all to do with. The rest are varying degrees of boring or gross, but those to make me want to throw things. Of the chicks, sadly, there are many I hate. (when I say hate I mean TV hate, I could care less about their existence outside my TV set but I hate seeing them on my screen). 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Let’s not be hasty. Ben makes WINE. That being said, it’s his only redeeming quality. Put my vote down for Ben as the WORST. Second to last goes to skeevy Charlie O’Connell, who actually did body shots off the girls during a group date. Then Blob as third worst. I’m having a tough time choosing between Chris and Jake as 4th worst, but let’s give it to Chris because that asshole killed a man. And at least Jake and Vienna gave one of the best breakup specials in Bachelor History. I can’t really think of anyone else who BOTHERED me as the lead; for example, Juan Pablo was terrible “as the Bachelor,” but that actually made the season kind of fun that he wasn’t playing along.

The Jack and Vienna break-up special MADE my summer that year, I put them both in the "Wrong Reasons HOF" for that alone. 

We deserve another ugly break-up special, don't let me down Arie!

• Love 5
On 1/7/2018 at 9:13 PM, JenE4 said:

My unpopular opinion is that I liked Jason Mesnick. 

I liked him too. And I miss the podcast he and Molly used to have. Their recaps of the Bachelor/ette episodes were fun and filled with interesting BTS insights. 

• Love 1

Until I watched this episode of Jimmy Kimmel, I always assumed that Aire got passed over for this and then this and than that ( and so on) season of The Bachelor because some other potential candidate had had a slightly better story.
Now I think that maybe they couldn't/didn't cast Arie sooner just because they couldn't get him properly media trained.
His poker face is just....No. 

Edited by nicgwatchingtv
clarity is good
  • Love 1
On 1/7/2018 at 5:19 PM, Angeleyes said:

They do.  Its unreasonably successful (good timing and good PR, I suppose).  I listened a few times during the Corinne/Demario nonsense last year, and these two are the least insightful people in history, though they did have a good guest or two. They even had a call in segment where they gave relationship advice, which was riotous.  I mean “Ive never had a longterm relationship” Ashley I and “I picked Lauren and she dumped me” Ben are not greatest people from whom to seek relationship advice.  Famewhoring advice? Yes. Dating advice? possibly.  But relationship advice? No. I imagine they will be equally bland on E!

• Love 4
On 1/8/2018 at 9:37 AM, bosawks said:

The Jack and Vienna break-up special MADE my summer that year, I put them both in the "Wrong Reasons HOF" for that alone. 

We deserve another ugly break-up special, don't let me down Arie!

aaron and helenes break up special was pathetic. she sat there crying while he kept saying "Im so sad to see someone that pretty crying". OMG but the Jake and Vienna special was outstanding as well.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Just saw an ad for Billionaire Buyer (it's on CNBC) and Sean and Catherine Lowe are going to be on the next episode and I think they're trying to start some kind of home decor or furnishings show.  

Oh no.  I would enjoy a new decorating show, but with an actual professional decorator, not Sean who grew up in the most gaudy example we've seen on the home visits and Catherine whose sisters said her room was always messy.  Why does being on a reality show make one an expert on everything?  Clown faced Ashley Eyelashes and her make-up tutorials come to mind.

• Love 9