Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Rhondinella

The Bachelor in the Media

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

I guess noone else heard this story? It was in the NY post today I will see if I can find a link

 

it was on one of the threads (I read them all);

Share this post


Link to post

21 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

OMG that mug shot of Baby Bekah! Arie, look at the prestyled “most interesting person you’ve ever met” looks like! Please Show, give us a reenactment of her marijuana farm job.

 I wonder how long ago the missing person picture was taken. There's quite a difference in attractiveness between that and her current look.

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 2.47.43 PM.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Looks like she got a nose job, got her eyebrows done, and started using Proactiv. 

I also see a fuller upper lip, a more defined chin, and more slanted eyes. And to think that she's one of the most "natural" looking women there!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I also see a fuller upper lip, a more defined chin, and more slanted eyes. And to think that she's one of the most "natural" looking women there!

Yeah, the eyes do look more slanted but I don't know how one does that with plastic surgery.  Also, I know brows can be reshaped and filled in but they look really different from her original ones.  The lips look the same to me, I think the lip gloss helped, lol.  Plus, she's smiling.  Depending on how old that picture is, I was wondering if her chin is more defined because she lost some "baby fat."  Or, it could very well have been plastic surgery.  

Share this post


Link to post

The chin and eyes are because she's smiling in the second picture. The brows and lips are makeup. She may have gotten a nose job but it seems to be a very slight one, or she lost weight, which she clearly did, or just grew up. She looks very young in the first pic. She's still got baby fat. 

I don't think her eyebrows look that different. Mine look more different with and without makeup than her do. 

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

When I read that article my first thought was that working on a weed farm is so much more of an age appropriate activity for her than hanging out with old man Arie (in his cardigans) on a golf course in Scottsdale and going to bed at 9pm.

Edited by Soobs
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Has it occurred to anyone that the mom reported her missing in mid November, which is about the time The Bachelor finishes up filming?  This story is silly and makes no sense.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Fable said:

Has it occurred to anyone that the mom reported her missing in mid November, which is about the time The Bachelor finishes up filming?  This story is silly and makes no sense.  

OMG! Arie kidnapped her and has her locked in his basement!!!!

This is so obviously just a publicity stunt. Gotta give her props for going the extra mile. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

16 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Yeah, the eyes do look more slanted but I don't know how one does that with plastic surgery.  Also, I know brows can be reshaped and filled in but they look really different from her original ones.  The lips look the same to me, I think the lip gloss helped, lol.  Plus, she's smiling.  Depending on how old that picture is, I was wondering if her chin is more defined because she lost some "baby fat."  Or, it could very well have been plastic surgery.  

Yes, I just think she got a year older, lost five pounds for the show and started using a heavy concealing foundation plus lots of brow pencil and eye liner.  This is why I complain when some girls are glam-shamed (heh) for wearing too much make-up and others are praised for being so "natural."  I think they're all wearing gobs of make-up, the producers  probably even insist on  it.

 

16 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

The chin and eyes are because she's smiling in the second picture.

 Agreed. Even the nose tip looks longer and the cheekbones bigger when someone smiles.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Yes, I just think she got a year older, lost five pounds for the show and started using a heavy concealing foundation plus lots of brow pencil and eye liner.  This is why I complain when some girls are glam-shamed (heh) for wearing too much make-up and others are praised for being so "natural."  I think they're all wearing gobs of make-up, the producers  probably even insist on  it.

 

 Agreed. Even the nose tip looks longer and the cheekbones bigger when someone smiles.

Ditto. 

 

ALmost Everyone’s skin looks awful under tv lights without help:  shiny/splotchy and red.  (OLive toned folks like Vanessa have a distinct advantage here, and probably could get away with BB Cream and powder) So everyone is wearing globs of makeup, including Arie.  Bekah clearly wears gobs of makeup, and false eyelashes.  (There is someone who I dont think is wearing false eyelashes this season... Tia maybe? Here eyelashes are naturally dark, so she has an advantage there, but her eyelashes looks spaced out the way mine do!).  

I agree she just smiled, lost some of her baby features with age and weight loss, and defined her features with makeup. 

I still admire her for showing up without the usual highlights, extensions and waves.  She lookd different, if still quite glam. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Yes, I just think she got a year older, lost five pounds for the show and started using a heavy concealing foundation plus lots of brow pencil and eye liner.  This is why I complain when some girls are glam-shamed (heh) for wearing too much make-up and others are praised for being so "natural."  I think they're all wearing gobs of make-up, the producers  probably even insist on  it.

 

 Agreed. Even the nose tip looks longer and the cheekbones bigger when someone smiles.

It’s not a matter of how much makeup in most cases, it’s how it’s applied.

Everyone who works under studio lighting needs makeup.  There is not a woman out there who needs stage, drag, or Kardashian makeup in day to day life, or on camera.   Beckah uses subtle colors and non matte foundation to enhance her beauty.  Take Marikh-She has those ugly Instagram brows, is very matte, and probably contours/highlights, and probably follows the Kim Kardashian method.  That doesn’t enhance natural beauty, it distorts it. 

Beckah looks like Beckah.  Marikh looked like a Kardashian wannabe.

Ashley I was an example of makeup abuse. Onion Ashley was beautifully made up.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

She has those ugly Instagram brows,

"Instagram brows" is an accurate name for them.  I hate them.  Ashley I bugs the crap out of me with those brows of hers.  I did see some beauty expert on tv a couple weeks ago who said this brow thing was going out of style.  I sure hope so.   

I agree that Marikh looks like a wannabe Kardashian and that's a shame.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

 

Ashley I was an example of makeup abuse. Onion Ashley was beautifully made up.  

I agree there's some wild overuse of make-up going on today, particularly with the Groucho eyebrows, but I think the biggest difference between the two Ashley's is that Ashley Onion is, as we've been calling it "Nordic," and Ashley Ioconetti is Italian.500721308.jpg?w=700&h=394&fit=crop&crop=

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I agree there's some wild overuse of make-up going on today, particularly with the Groucho eyebrows, but I think the biggest difference between the two Ashley's is that Ashley Onion is, as we've been calling it "Nordic," and Ashley Ioconetti is Italian.500721308.jpg?w=700&h=394&fit=crop&crop=

I’m not sure I get it.  Both are naturally beautiful, but onion Ashley enhances her beauty, and crybaby Ashley distorts hers.  Nothing to do with ethnicity.  If onion Ashley did drag makeup, she would look bad to me as well.   

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'

19 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I’m not sure I get it.  Both are naturally beautiful, but onion Ashley enhances her beauty, and crybaby Ashley distorts hers.

I'm just talking about naturally black brows on crybaby Ashley.  I'll admit she loves her make-up, I seem to remember her carrying it to BIP in a huge suitcase.

Here's what I think is interesting, Mu Shu.  I just looked up Ashley Onion on Images and was struck by how very much she looks like Kendall.  They could be sisters. 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I'

I'm just talking about naturally black brows on crybaby Ashley.  I'll admit she loves her make-up, I seem to remember her carrying it to BIP in a huge suitcase.

Here's what I think is interesting, Mu Shu.  I just looked up Ashley Onion on Images and was struck by how very much she looks like Kendall.  They could be sisters. 

But she fills her eyebrows in.  They wouldn’t be so heavy looking if she didn’t. 

I just remembered Ashley S asking if she was allowed to shoot her own teammates at the zombie paintball gala.  Yes please!

anyway, Beckah is 22.  That’s probably the photo taken when she first got her license, probably at 16.  I kept the same photo from 1997 until 2013, so they’re not often updated. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

(There is someone who I dont think is wearing false eyelashes this season... Tia maybe? Here eyelashes are naturally dark, so she has an advantage there, but her eyelashes looks spaced out the way mine do!). 

I definitely think Tia wears false eyelashes. They usually look like spider legs! But in this last ep she wasn't wearing them. She looked absolutely stunning. Her false eyelashes just weren't right for her imo.

This reminded me of when Chelsea's false eyelashes used to always be falling off her eye in every ep and it cracked me up every time.

Share this post


Link to post

I saw Arie on "Live with Kelly&Ryan" this morning (they are in the Bahamas, I guess Arie got a free trip).  He always seems so bland, pleasant but bland.  When they asked him if he had found true love, he gave a rather evasive answer(I thought), he just said something like "I am Happy", but he didn't seem overly enthused or exclaiming that he had found "The One".  

"

Share this post


Link to post

Just saw Courtney Robertson on a rerun of Say Yes to the Dress.  It was her sister who was looking for a dress.  So, former contestants never really go away do they?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/4/2018 at 4:19 PM, JudyObscure said:

I agree there's some wild overuse of make-up going on today, particularly with the Groucho eyebrows, but I think the biggest difference between the two Ashley's is that Ashley Onion is, as we've been calling it "Nordic," and Ashley Ioconetti is Italian.500721308.jpg?w=700&h=394&fit=crop&crop=

the spider eyeleashes are terrifying. the only one whose lashes are worse than this is that girl LACE who appears to wear 4 pairs of fake lashes at the same time. CRAZY. it was not until these 2 that I started noticing wacky eyelashes

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

On 2/3/2018 at 9:22 PM, Mabinogia said:

This is so obviously just a publicity stunt. Gotta give her props for going the extra mile. 

It's so easy to call something a publicity stunt (and pat yourself on the back for it). Let's break down the planning. On 11/16/2017 Bekah's mother reports her missing in little Humboldt county (pop. 135K). The plan is to make sure she stays on the missing persons list for over 2 months, well into the season. (Last night was episode 6.) Someone looking at the police department's Facebook page will see her photo on the list, recognize her from the show and notify the PD, who take her off the list. The local paper, the North Coast Journal, will report this story. The national media will pick it up and run with it. Voilà!

Bekah and her mom would have to be clairvoyant evil geniuses to concoct that scheme and expect it to work. I doubt they are.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

the spider eyeleashes are terrifying. the only one whose lashes are worse than this is that girl LACE who appears to wear 4 pairs of fake lashes at the same time. CRAZY. it was not until these 2 that I started noticing wacky eyelashes

I think Rachel gives them a run for the money.  Every time she blinked I thought those lashes were going to make her airborne!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Saw the commercial with Kaitlyn and Shawn last night for whipped cream.  This is the first time I've seen it so either it's new or I am late.  But she looked completely different. I couldn't place her until I saw him. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/4/2018 at 8:55 AM, JudyObscure said:

Yes, I just think she got a year older, lost five pounds for the show and started using a heavy concealing foundation plus lots of brow pencil and eye liner.  This is why I complain when some girls are glam-shamed (heh) for wearing too much make-up and others are praised for being so "natural."  I think they're all wearing gobs of make-up, the producers  probably even insist on  it.

 

 Agreed. Even the nose tip looks longer and the cheekbones bigger when someone smiles.

I agree. It looks like she lost about 10 pounds, is wearing nicely done makeup, has a better haircut, is smiling, and — probably most important— has way better lighting.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

I agree. It looks like she lost about 10 pounds, is wearing nicely done makeup, has a better haircut, is smiling, and — probably most important— has way better lighting.  

That’s also a pro studio shot.  The shot on the left is her drivers license.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think Rachel gives them a run for the money.  Every time she blinked I thought those lashes were going to make her airborne!

Oh yes!! LOL she even made a joke about how she would cry her lashes off! LOL!!

3 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

Saw the commercial with Kaitlyn and Shawn last night for whipped cream.  This is the first time I've seen it so either it's new or I am late.  But she looked completely different. I couldn't place her until I saw him. 

they were in a commercial? <gag> I couldnt stand her. but she is very very pretty.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I thought Shawn was the one that had changed more, as far as the commercial was concerned.  He just looked less roided.  I commented to Dear Husband at the time that all must be forgiven between those two and the powers that be.  They’ve been absent from nearly all the post-Bachelor experiences since she spoiled her own season.

She did an episode with Hailey whatshername for finding a designer wedding dress last month on TLC.  So something is up with them and the show.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe they are in talks to televise their wedding.  It would make sense as they like to emphasize how this process and/or journey works, but there are far too few 'successes' so they go with what they have.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, b2H said:

I thought Shawn was the one that had changed more, as far as the commercial was concerned.  He just looked less roided.  

I thought hey, that guy was on The Bachelor...couldn’t place who he was, though. And I had NO CLUE who the woman was—never saw her on my TV in my life. So put my vote down for both looked different but Kaitlyn—if it can be believed that was really her, lol—was COMPLETELY unrecognizable. I think she had a whole new face!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Kailyn was the "Bachelor Insider" every week on the Bachelor Canada aftershow.  She's so damned thin now.  She really looked different.
 

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Arie Luyendyk Jr. discusses S22 of The Bachelor:

He looks so much better in that video!  His face and neck are the same color and he doesn't have green streaks down his cheeks.  Either he really did have the flu while filming or The Bachelor's make-up people should be fired and replaced by the person doing this little inter-web show.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

He looks so much better in that video!  His face and neck are the same color and he doesn't have green streaks down his cheeks.  Either he really did have the flu while filming or The Bachelor's make-up people should be fired and replaced by the person doing this little inter-web show.

I bet he has more of a ruddy complexion, or maybe was flushed from being sick, and they overdid the green primer to offset it.  I used to work with a woman who did that, and it made her look bizarre...she would have been better off looking more red!

Edited by ByTor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

i remember watching him on emily season and thinking he was pretty cute. Theres something off putting about him now. like the way he hold the ladies heads/necks when he kisses them. also how his hand is holding the microphone. he seems feeble, which makes sense people compare him to an old man. 

Share this post


Link to post

Personally I was never impressed with Arie and always thought him highly overrated.  I thought he was a sloppy kisser on Emily's season, not to mention not very bright. So I'm highly amused by the reactions to this season. I know he was thirsty for this gig but he should have continued to stay out of the franchise where the goodwill he built from Emily's season would always remain. Because the shine always comes off once a person goes from contestant to lead. I think that's what the other overrated tool, a.k.a Peter realized and why so far he's staying away. Of course inevitably the lure of attention will drag him back and sure enough, as soon as he's the lead, the shine of that halo some placed around him will be off. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I saw him on The Chew the other day.  I don't know if that Arie would have made for a more interesting season but I can say that he was a bit more relaxed and therefore a bit more likable in that situation than in his Bachelor one.

Share this post


Link to post

My local news has been showing Chris Soules at every newscast. His trial starts next week but this latest newscast didn't say which day. The news person did say he could get five years, which I hope he does. I laughed at the video because the local camera person zoomed in on Chris sitting in court and the camera got away from him so viewers got a full maybe 10-20 seconds of a close up of his ear. I actually LOL'd, his ear filled my entire tv screen.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Don't know if this is the right place but could not see a better option.

Why are they saying that the finale will be 2 hours on Monday and 2 hours on Tuesday and yet ABC has regular scheduled programming for Tuesday and Monday has another regular show at 10:00?  Anyone?  Are they really trying to kidnap us for 6 hours a week?  Assholes.

UPDATE - Apparently this week is just fantasy suite and next week is 3 hours on Monday and 1 hour on Tuesday.  For cripes sake!  Not going to bother to watch tonight.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Do NOT go on yahoo.com if you don't want to get spoiled.  US Weekly is running banner ads with the alleged spoiler.   I quickly looked away but I'm super annoyed if US Weekly ruined it for me.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size