Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, dgpolo said:

I like the dog saying 'the peanut butter box is here' in the Chewy ad. It just makes me smile everytime I hear it.

Sorry, just saw this: so me too!

We had to order some meds from Chewy for our cat. I texted my DH a picture of the box with the words "The peanut butter box is here!"

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
Just now, peacheslatour said:

We had to order some meds from Chewy for our cat. I texted my DH a picture of the box with the words "The peanut butter box is here!"

My daughter ordered some pet supplies from Petsmart and when they came I said it too. (She also orders some from Chewy)

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Chewy is a great company.  I was so sure when Petco bought it that was going to be the end of the exceptional customer service, but nope -- it's been years now, and it's still top notch.  You never have to return anything; they'll either replace it or refund it and then tell you to donate it to a local shelter.  And if they find out a pet died, they send flowers.  I have a wonderful mom & pop pet supply store in my neighborhood, so I shop there, but if I ever need something they don't have and can't wait for them to special order, I order from Chewy.

Often the cute pet commercials are for crappy food, so there's always a "Yeah, cute but ..." sentiment to watching.  With Chewy, I can just 100% enjoy.

• Love 9

Thanks for the recommendations! Next cat food will be ordered from Chewy!

I'm feeding between 4 and 7 ferals depending on who shows up each day.

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 4

I just saw this one for Subway. Just like my nonna makes. She says "I don't cook." Wait what? Then "It's a good thing he's so handsome." 

• Love 8
On 4/29/2022 at 8:39 PM, Gramto6 said:

I really need to start ordering my cat food from Chewy. Getting cat food was the only real reason  I went out today.

They also have Smarty Cat grass you can grow indoors -my cat loves it!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, xls said:

They also have Smarty Cat grass you can grow indoors -my cat loves it!

My cats are ferals so they have plenty of grass outside.  I vary from 3 to 7 cats on any given day. Lately it has been 3-4 on a steady basis.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, nokat said:

I just saw this one for Subway. Just like my nonna makes. She says "I don't cook." Wait what? Then "It's a good thing he's so handsome." 

I like that episode it reminds of many, many real life and TV episodes where people learn their parent or grandparent didn't make or no longer made their favorite dish and they didn't know. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I like that episode it reminds of many, many real life and TV episodes where people learn their parent or grandparent didn't make or no longer made their favorite dish and they didn't know. 

It reminded me of Red Green, if you know that show. "If you can't be handsome, at least be handy."

• Love 4
On 4/30/2022 at 8:56 PM, Dirtybubble said:

I don't normally like The General commercials with Shaq but the big brother ones are kinda cute

Not to mention they use the theme from The Courtship of Eddie's Father"! It could be the first time ever that I like a song in a commercial and it's relatively appropriate.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, cynicat said:

Not to mention they use the theme from The Courtship of Eddie's Father"! It could be the first time ever that I like a song in a commercial and it's relatively appropriate.

Hearing Harry Nilsson at any time is a pleasure. I miss him and all the songs he would have written if he hadn't died so young.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 4/30/2022 at 9:14 PM, nokat said:

That’s quarterback Jimmy Garappolo. Yeah, he’s pretty cute.

Not sure if that’s his real nonna. 😊

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 1
On 4/30/2022 at 9:14 PM, nokat said:

I have no idea who that guy is, but it is an amusing commercial.

I must have seen that Progressive commercial with Flo and her sister a zillion times and I only just realized that the sister asked Flo over to do her insurance spiel so the baby would fall asleep. So now I think it’s funny.

<—— is slow

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

I must have seen that Progressive commercial with Flo and her sister a zillion times and I only just realized that the sister asked Flo over to do her insurance spiel so the baby would fall asleep. So now I think it’s funny.

What was your original interpretation?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, janie jones said:

What was your original interpretation?

I didn’t have one, I kind of wondered why the sister asked Flo over, only to slam the door in her face but otherwise didn’t think much of it.

• Love 4

<--- Has very young baby who does not like to sleep.

Was so sleep deprived the first time I saw that ad, also did not get it. Spouse completely cracked up, was puzzled why I didn't, and promptly explained it to me.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, kariyaki said:

<—— is slow

I must be slow too because that never occurred to me.  I should have realized it because both Mr Haleth and I work(ed) in insurance.  Yes, it will put you to sleep.

• Love 3

I think I wrote about this ad in a forum, I just don't think it was THIS forum (because I didn't start getting the notifications) so I just wanted to say here, and sorry if it's a repeat, but I really like the Ickey Shuffle ad for Geico. The one where he's in the deli and starts to dance when his number is called. It's another one that just makes me smile when I see it. I wish they aired it more.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Those dresses look like hey belong in some weird cult.

Yeah, i guess they have a variety.  I haven’t shopped there in a long time.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

They are so ugly!  Comfortable can be achieved without wearing a shapeless sack.  I have not seen an actual woman out in the wild wearing one of those frocks, but they're in all the stores, so someone must be buying them.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Yeah the dresses are hideous but the commercial is cute and Old Navy has a lot of other cute clothes that are reasonably priced.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, Bastet said:

They are so ugly!  Comfortable can be achieved without wearing a shapeless sack.  I have not seen an actual woman out in the wild wearing one of those frocks, but they're in all the stores, so someone must be buying them.

Bizarre.

• Love 2

There is not one of them that makes me think I need to go out and buy that to wear when I go shopping. Not a single one in all the ads for these sack dresses!!

• Love 3

They look like the kind of thing 20th century housewives (though definitely not the TV ones who wore high heels and pearls to do housework) would wear.

I vaguely remember a short burst of articles about high-end versions of these dresses being touted as pandemic wear a year or so ago. If it's true that there is a trickle-down effect with fashion trends, no wonder these are showing up in Old Navy now but the moment for ugly comfy clothes has passed.

• Useful 2
50 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

Yeah the dresses are hideous but the commercial is cute and Old Navy has a lot of other cute clothes that are reasonably priced.  

Somewhere in the middle was a family with a little girl and a boy in blue gingham, those were cute.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

The white and pink floral dress worn by the African American little girl with long braids is attractive.  

• Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I agree. The solid color ones are shapeless.  It looks like they used a potato sack as the pattern.  

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 3
On 5/2/2022 at 9:21 PM, kariyaki said:

<—— is slow

Heck I never thought about that. I just thought it was a way to feature the sister, and have Flo talk about insurance. Lol 

• Love 2
On 5/2/2022 at 8:49 PM, theatremouse said:

<--- Has very young baby who does not like to sleep.

Was so sleep deprived the first time I saw that ad, also did not get it. Spouse completely cracked up, was puzzled why I didn't, and promptly explained it to me.

My burning question is the sister.  When was she pregnant?  She never showed any signs or even talked about it, so who what why HOW?  Must be magic, poof heressssss Baby!!

• Love 2

There's an ad for Pepsi Zero that makes me LOL.

"This is for every sports fan that just spent the entire game explaining the entire game...." 

You mean like when I introduced my husband to hockey and spent most of the game answering "Is that LEGAL?" "Can he DO that?" "Why did they blow the whistle?"

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

My burning question is the sister.  When was she pregnant?  She never showed any signs or even talked about it, so who what why HOW?  Must be magic, poof heressssss Baby!!

Maybe she adopted, but whoever would let THAT family adopt a baby would be highly questionable.

• Love 1

SUV commercial, don't remember which one, father asks his son if he would like to take a trip. Son asks if he can bring his fish. At the end, the little boy is holding up his fish to see the fish in the aquarium. That's just so sweet to me!

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, HyeChaps said:

I think that commercial is for a hotel.

Yes, Choice Hotels.  I can't find it on YouTube to embed, but it's here on iSpot.

I have no idea if fish actually enjoy being carted around (I find it hard to believe they enjoy being in a bowl like that to begin with, since there's so little room to swim), but I like that the kid doesn't want to go away without Fred.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I, for one, am glad the commercials aren't portraying the life and times of Flo's family.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, janie jones said:

I, for one, am glad the commercials aren't portraying the life and times of Flo's family.

Since the commercials have beat Flo to death, I wouldn't mind one with her funeral.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 8
On 5/2/2022 at 7:21 PM, kariyaki said:

I love that one too.  My mom didn't get it at first, we had to explain it.  Hubby and I may or may not say "Shh, sleeping baby" to each other...

• LOL 2

While I'm not sure I would call it a favorite commercial, I do really like the actor's portrayal in the Universal Studios commercials with the crash test dummies.  I especially enjoy the one where he gives a sort of tilted smile.  

• Love 4