Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

Someone brought this commercial up in another thread which reminded me to post it here.  I usually tune out car commercials but this one made me laugh.  I love how the dog owner starts reciting the designer breed of her dog which is SO different than a common 'poodle'.  The pretentiousness of those who think these are real breeds is spot on.  We used to just call them mutts

• Love 8
3 hours ago, cynicat said:

The pretentiousness of those who think these are real breeds is spot on.  We used to just call them mutts

A friend shared something on Facebook, riffing on the Yanny/Laurel video - it said "What do you hear, Goldendoodle or Labradoodle?" and the audio kept repeating "Mutt".

• Love 12
4 hours ago, cynicat said:

The pretentiousness of those who think these are real breeds is spot on.  We used to just call them mutts

That was before there was DNA testing to say for sure which breeds of dog got together to produce that "mutt". Maybe dog breeders got tired of dealing with the genetic diseases common to some purebreds and want to shift customers to something not so "pure", like diamond companies started pushing colored diamonds once their competitors figured out how to manufacture colorless ones inexpensively and of better quality.

I love the purposely corny ads for Taco Bell's Naked Chicken Chalupa (I will leave it to others to debate the quality of the actual food in question):

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dkG1/taco-bell-naked-chicken-chalupa-spicy-chicken-choop-choop

The part that puts it over the top? "...or Spicy Chicken Choop Choop, as the youths call it." "I have literally never said 'Spicy Chicken Choop Choop' in my life."

"You just did, Jerry. You just did." and Jerry's totally nonplussed gape that follows.

• Love 4
(edited)

It reminds me of the old State Farm commercial with former MLB pitcher Kerry Wood finding Andre Dawson in the Wrigley Field ivy. "What year is it?"

Edited by smittykins
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I love the Clorox commercial where the little boy is in the bathroom yanking on his belt. He yells” Mom, we have a situation!” He reminds me of my grandson when he was potty training. So cute.

• Love 9
On 5/25/2018 at 9:33 AM, Moose135 said:

A friend shared something on Facebook, riffing on the Yanny/Laurel video - it said "What do you hear, Goldendoodle or Labradoodle?" and the audio kept repeating "Mutt".

Oh! I need a link to that!

• Love 1

I have a new fave but unfortunately I cannot find in online anywhere!!

I'm 99% sure it's for Discover and the alerts they send you if there's suspicious activity on your card or whatever. 

It's a woman calling to her dog: "You want a treat? You want a treat? You want a treat?" and as the dog approaches, he gets an alert that says "Alert: You're going to the vet." Then the dog starts to back away. LOL! 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I have a new fave but unfortunately I cannot find in online anywhere!!

I'm 99% sure it's for Discover and the alerts they send you if there's suspicious activity on your card or whatever. 

It's a woman calling to her dog: "You want a treat? You want a treat? You want a treat?" and as the dog approaches, he gets an alert that says "Alert: You're going to the vet." Then the dog starts to back away. LOL! 

Do you mean this one?

• Love 3
On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:55 AM, voiceover said:

Once again, GEICO knocks it out of the park with, "As long as villains explain their evil plans..." (the Bond-hero tied up, watching the British Bad Guy doing a power point demonstration)...freakin' genius. 

The best part is how detailed the presentation is.  "Step one: Choosing the right drill bit."

• Love 10

For some reason, I kinda like that one Progressive commercial with the monster under the kid's bed being all concerned that something's going on at his school. "He's not engaging."

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

For some reason, I kinda like that one Progressive commercial with the monster under the kid's bed being all concerned that something's going on at his school. "He's not engaging."

And Flo is the monster in the closet?

• Love 2
On 6/1/2018 at 7:18 PM, LoneHaranguer said:

And Flo is the monster in the closet?

"I think there's something going on at school...." HA!  I love that commercial too.  The monster is concerned about the kid's well being.

Ok I've seen this commercial a lot but it still cracks me up--the Sling commercial!  That guy at the end unbuttoning his shirt, displaying his chest hair is just too funny!  *show em' what you got to offer!* And it helps that the guy in the commercial is such a cutie pie!  *wowzers!*

• Love 5

Do you mean this one?

No that's not it, although it might be the same dog. Might be the same owner too  but I don't think you see her face in it. The one I'm talking about is the owner asking the dog repeatedly if it wants a treat so it will come up to her, then the dog gets an alert that says "You're going to the vet." And then the dog slowly backs away.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm still stuck on the kid talking to his parents about his car accident in a "really narrow drive-through" ... can't get enough of it!!!  LOL.

Me too!  I didn't see the link above. Here it is.  Right now, it's my favorite.  I like the way the young man talks....something about him. Have you noticed how much he resembles the mom in this ad?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 13
(edited)
45 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Me too!  I didn't see the link above. Here it is.  Right now, it's my favorite.  I like the way the young man talks....something about him. Have you noticed how much he resembles the mom in this ad?

Yes, there is definitely a resemblance there.  I wonder how many "fans" he has?  Two for sure!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm still stuck on the kid talking to his parents about his car accident in a "really narrow drive-through" ... can't get enough of it!!!  LOL.

I'm the same way - not only have I not gotten sick it despite the dozens of times I've seen it, I still laugh at it.  Everything he says (and every look they give him in response) amuses me, especially his, "Okay, yep, goodnight" retreat when his mom grounds him from the car for four weeks.

• Love 12
36 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, I realize that it's not Nick, but, he sure does resemble the way Nick looked back then. He was quite thin at one time. He's really filled out now. 

I remember Nick was a real cutie!

• Love 2

When I first saw this Subaru commercial, I yelled out "Rusty!", because the actor in it played one of the main characters in the TV show "Greek", which was on from 2007-2011.  And I don't think I had seen him in anything since that show went off the air.  There is a much longer version of this commercial linked on the actor's (Jacob Zachar) imdb.com page.

• Love 2

I grew bored of Calvin Klein ads in the 90s.  But.

Just saw Jake Gyllenhaal's.  And yes I completely fell for him as Young Dad; and yes if that makes me a cheap date, I guess my "voiceover" avi = in for a change.

• Love 1
On 2018-06-05 at 7:08 AM, andromeda331 said:

They've started playing this commercial again

I always think the Mom is doing all that on purpose to try and get her daughter to move out.  

That has always been my take. She is trying to get her annoying, lazy ass adult daughter to move out 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I love this commercial, because this is my dog to a T, and seeing her in human form cracks me up.? 

I like their Feliway one, too, especially the defiant way he keeps scratching on the couch and the fact he's peeing on the wall.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I've been watching the FIFA World Cup and I love this ad.  I have to admit though, that the first second or two I thought it was real, lol.

What gives it away is the announcer's "Gooooooooal" only lasting about 10 seconds. He should've been able to stretch it as least as long as the goal-kicker.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Jamoche said:

What gives it away is the announcer's "Gooooooooal" only lasting about 10 seconds. He should've been able to stretch it as least as long as the goal-kicker.

Yeah but it's still fun to watch.  I'm not going to nitpick. : )

• Love 1

I can't find it on YouTube, but I just saw a commercial for Espresso Snickers with an old lady looking at a picture drawn by a young child and she's on the phone with one of the kid's parents and she says, "Yeah, I got it. What the hell is it?"

Her reaction was so unexpected that I was rolling.

• Love 8

I just saw the commercial where the little girl, dressed as  a pirate, takes her sword and pokes her dad in the butt with it, & his coffee cup goes flying and the coffee goes everywhere.  It's a Bounty paper towel commercial.  LOL

• Love 1