Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E08: Keep It Real

• Start Topic

Funniest part of the show was Postal Moron Dan not knowing how to spell the tag line of the show and thinking, not once, but TWICE, that he'd gotten it right. If he'd just, you know, read it, he's have realized what he had weren't actual words. Fucking moron!

This part really made me laugh.

Once he saw the outwit (which he clearly had), he had to know the middle was wrong.

What a maroon!

• Love 6

So much confusion for me tonight:

If Jenn was such a threat last week why wasn't she even on the radar this week?

Did Joe really not try to sway the other on the reward?

Why can't Shirin follow directions? Editors seems to make a point of showing her being chastised by the zip line guy for not using her break.

What the fuck is wrong with Dan?!?!?! Seriously.

The editing seemed funny tonight at each challenge there weren't clear cuts and we had a few seconds of

Jeff being "natural", it was strange. Also, WTF was up with a question at the challenge? We almost never see that.

Best season ever?!?! Pft!

• Love 5

Blue collar is Casaya. They hated each other but always ended up voting as a tribe because no one had a good reason to flip. Mike is Aras, Rodney is Shane and Sierra is Daneille/courtney(?).

If I was one of the 7 people alliance I would definitely want to wait until Joe is gone to make my big move.

• Love 3

It's a good thing Joe looks so strong in challenges because that's the only prayer he has in this game because he is kind of an idiot - albeit a very, very pretty idiot. I am honestly baffled by Joe's play tonight.

Agree.  I liked it when he took the opposing alliance members on his reward win rather than his buddies,  but didn't see any conversations with them about changing up the numbers.   Also, who the eff cares if Tyler saw Joe with the clue.  It was HIS reward to begin with so Joe had absolutely no obligation to share it with Tyler.  Especially with no plan or commitment from Tyler to work together going forward.   

If the seven in the BC/WC allance continue to stick together, this season will be beyond awful.  

• Love 12
ETA: in regards to Joe sharing the clue, he didn't really have a choice.  He tried swallowing it, but Tyler saw it.  So he figured he had to share it with him, probably not realizing he would double cross him to Mike.

But that's just it, he didn't have to share it. Yes, Tyler saw him take it and he knew Tyler saw it. But again, Mike pretty much already figured there was likely going to be a clue at the reward and people have won clues to hidden immunity idols at Reward Challenges where everyone knows they have it. All Tyler would have known and been able to tell his alliance is that "Joe has the clue" and sure, they could have tried to chase him down exactly as they did tonight which is fine.

But he made the job much easier for them by sharing it with Tyler, a guy who had given him zero indication that he was solidly aligned with him. It made no sense. What he should have done was get back to his alliance, share it with them and the the four of them spread out to try and find it before the other side did. That would have at least given them a fighting chance. Instead they had no idol and Hali got voted out putting them in a deeper hole. 

Surprised No Collars still haven't figured out that Will is no longer voting with them.

I'm pretty sure they know. I think Joe's including Will in the reward was proof his knowing that Will was another person they needed to convince back to their side. Also, at the start of the episode when Mike was being all "great play" to the NC's while they were laying on the beach, it was only Joe, Hali, Jenn and Shirin. Also, when Sierra was saying she would consider voting Dan to Jenn and company, she mentioned them needing one more person and I assume Joe was an automatic vote with the four of them and then Shirin went to Tyler. If they thought they had Will, they would not have thought they needed someone else because it would have been Jenn, Hali, Shirin, Joe, Will and Sierra versus Rodney, Dan, Mike and Carolyn and Tyler. 

Is Hali on the jury?

Yes

• Love 7

I don't have a problem, really, with Mike winning. I just have a problem with him winning with this particular bag of dicks. Dan and Rodney are just such angry, stupid men.

• Love 19

I agree Joe had a choice, he knows that blue collar and white collar are targeting him. So what if Tyler seen him. He didn't have to share it at all. Tyler could have blabbed to his alliance that Joe found it but they wouldn't have known where it was unless they followed Joe. Oy vey.

• Love 5

Argle bargle I hate when I have hope only to get it yanked out from under me. Dan suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Rodney. What the hell does "protocotypical" mean? If it weren't such a gangly word to try to say I would definitely try to work it into everyday conversation.

I'm glad Joe is still here and winning exactly like they thought he would because it serves Mike right.

• Love 9
(edited)

I actually think Dan believes he can win this game.  His defense will be being the old fat guy that was the first to go on his tribe, if they didn't win.  Wasn't a physical threat but stayed loyal, and that the game is all about loyalty and blindsides.  Maybe he'll work in some reference to a chainsaw in there too.  That's about the only argument Dan can make.  When he's hit with how disrespectful he's been, he'll turn it around as being real and honest.

This season has felt very edited to me, more so than normal.  I'm thinking there's a good reason why they seem to focus on so little.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4

I don't like the clue being hidden in a place where it is impossible to pocket quickly. Especially with five people there. It's plenty hard enough when it's loosely stuffed into a picnic basket or whatever, but inside a sealed drink? Come on. It's amazing only one person saw. And Carolyn didn't? Yeesh.

• Love 10

Well, I'm on board the Shirin train. Why? Because she's a fan. Because she's trying to enjoy herself. Because she can be spazzy in front of Probst. And, most importantly, because her mere presence bugs the shit out of Rodney and Dan. Fuck those guys. Bargain Basement Rob and Bloated Cliff Claven have no shot at winning themselves . . . they're doomed to be on the jury, thinking up venom-fueled questions to ask the people who actually played the game, leaving out the line, "And I say that because I'm hung like a flea." BTW, whomever said that they'd leave their kids with Rodney  before Dan? That person wins, period.

Why is Probst hyping Joe's winning streak? Three wins in a row is impressive, but it's not groundbreaking compared to the likes of Colby and Tom. I think Probst has a crush on Joe.

I'm not a drinker . . . are whisky and ice cream compatible? It sounds disgusting, Hali.

• Love 20

So looking at things from Sierra, Carolyn, and Tyler's perspective:

This vote had 11 people.  There were essentially the following groups:

1) Brotastic Brodown of sexist assholes (and maybe Mike is separate)

2) No Collar + Shirin

3) Sierra

4) Carolyn + Tyler

5) Will

We as viewers have NO idea what Will is thinking. So for now let's just ignore him.

No Collar + Shirin has four and we saw them talking to Sierra and Tyler, but we never saw Sierra talk to either Tyler or Carolyn.  That might have happened, but we didn't see it.  So Sierra has to trust that Tyler and Carolyn are flipping or it looks terrible for her because she just flipped for no reason.  Meanwhile, Tyler and Carolyn could have flipped, but Shirin didn't offer them anything beyond just getting rid of Dan.  That's... not a great offer, because you have to assume Joe, Jenn, and Hali are planning on going F3, and beating Joe in an immunity challenge to mess with that plan seems unlikely when he just won a pure puzzle challenge in addition to his obvious general agility advantages.  Assuming the dude is a good swimmer, which I think we've seen, makes him tough to beat.  So at BEST you need to rely on flipping AGAIN and getting the last remnant of blue collar to vote out Jenn or Hali at 7 even though you just fucked them.  I don't like that plan either.

So I think rationally, the right play is to split that triplet up and vote Hali and not Dan.  The minority still needs you if they want to win.  I think they need to make their move at 9 with Sierra and whoever is left of Joe, Jenn, and Shirin after next week's vote.

The problem is Carolyn genuinely hates Shirin too, and I'm not sure she's willing to overlook this to win.

Or maybe Will will suddenly be in the game again and he could mix things up.

• Love 6

Tyler is a weasel. Screw him.

I'm not really a Tyler fan, but I don't blame him for this.  Joe is the one who decided to share the clue, and Joe is the one who decided when and where.  So it was really Joe's fault that Mike caught them.  At this point, why would Tyler side with the minority alliance?  If he didn't spill to Mike, Tyler probably would have gone home.  Tyler's loyalty has always been to Carolyn and her idol. 

I'm not quite sure why white collar and no collar don't join forces to whittle down the blue collar tribe.  Even whiny Sierra seems fiercely loyal to BC, no matter how many times she pretends she's going to turn on them.  Why any one believes her at this point, I'm not sure.

• Love 4

I'm not a drinker . . . are whisky and ice cream compatible? It sounds disgusting, Hali.

No, not in my neck of the woods. Unless it's a bourbon caramel sauce.

I did appreciate Mike telling Jeff to STFU when he was working on the anchor puzzle. I wish he'd really used those words.

• Love 3

Rodney didn't even seem to be trying in that challenge.

I beg to differ - I think Rodney was trying his absolute bestest in that challenge, but he is just too dumb to ever figure out a slide puzzle. Rodney was killing me, in a cringeworthy way, with that weird and juvenile begging to go on reward because he is the hungriest one out there (while Mike looks like he's already lost thirty pounds) and then saying he didn't really care anyway when Joe said no. Dan's not far ahead in the smarts department, it seems, what with the talk with Shirin and then not even recognizing that those weren't even actual letters on his puzzle!!!

I get that the alliance of seven intends to pick the others off and then fight it out, but I think seven people is too many to have that kind of agreement with. It can work with four, but with several more than that, people are going to be considering their ranking in the seven pretty soon and may start jumping ship. There's always that moment when someone could do the math (not Shirin, apparently) and realize that they might be able to rank higher with the other tribe. If I was part of the seven, I'd already be thinking about it. Tyler and Carolyn, I'm looking at you. Sierra, I've given up on you, I don't even know what you're doing. Plus, a promise to be in F4 is a lot more motivating to not flip than is a promise to be in F7.

• Love 8

Man Jeff really did irk me tonight the way he was condescendingly talking to Sharin before the challenge. Back in high school/college I had douches talk to me in that same way implying I had the intelligence of a child...just like Jeff was speaking to her like she was a 5 year old. I dont usually mind Jeff other than his trying to influence votes at tribal but that was over the top.

Meanwhile I was hoping we would see the exit of blowhard Dan. He and Ralph Kramden would get along famously as I guess they both think it is funny threatening violence against women to get them to shut up.

I really don't like how Joe is dominating all the challenges...it takes the fun out of the game when one person continually wins. Doesn't allow for the apple cart to get upset to much...and just isn't suspensful.

On a positive note the box is closing in on the obnoxious, self centered arrogant me!me!me! creature that is known as Jenn. Soon there will be no where left to hide from the vote.

• Love 5

So much confusion for me tonight:

If Jenn was such a threat last week why wasn't she even on the radar this week?

Did Joe really not try to sway the other on the reward?

Why can't Shirin follow directions? Editors seems to make a point of showing her being chastised by the zip line guy for not using her break.

What the fuck is wrong with Dan?!?!?! Seriously.

The editing seemed funny tonight at each challenge there weren't clear cuts and we had a few seconds of

Jeff being "natural", it was strange. Also, WTF was up with a question at the challenge? We almost never see that.

Best season ever?!?! Pft!

It could just be editing, and that Hali was more of a threat than we were shown.  Since Mike tried to convince the others (a little too enthusiastically, imo) that Joe found the idol, I wonder if they thought Joe would give it to Jenn so they decided to vote Hali.  It probably wasn't that strategic, because I don't believe this group is that bright.  Is the Escemeca idol out of play now?  I'm surprised no one even thought about that.  Especially the former blue tribe.

• Love 1

That was Dan trying to woo Shirin?

We thought Dan was wooing Shirin the same way he apologized to Sierra. I'm sorry - it was your fault though. You are stupid and have no game - be on our team.

I thought Shirin handled that situation very well, and the less she responded, the more Dan talked, and he got worked up. And he was ranting that she never shut up?

• Love 20

I hate Dan most of all.  He is a vile, hateful and disgusting. Rodney is similar, but he's so stupid that it's kind of sad.  I know Tyler & Carolyn are just trying to win, but I'm starting to turn on them too because they are keeping these awful people on my tv.  I've never quit mid-season, but the way this one is going, I really don't have the heart to continue.  I might still watch Ponderosa, but I think I'm done watching the show.  There are just so many vile people

• Love 21

I don't have a problem, really, with Mike winning. I just have a problem with him winning with this particular bag of dicks. Dan and Rodney are just such angry, stupid men.

Agreed. I'm really not understanding all the Mike hate on this board. Yes, he's aligned with a bunch of douches, but that has a lot to do with BC's winning (or at least not-losing) streak at the beginning. The biggest aholes from WC (Max and Joaquin) and NC (Vince) were gone before the merge, before they formed bonds with people we like. Not to mention, Mike's "kill the power couple" strategy in his first two tribals is smart. Plus he seems to be on-point in social game, identifying threats, and knowing how to play the game (which he showed this episode in the idol hunt). We've yet to see if his "claim Joe has the idol" play works, but it's a bold, fun plan. Yeah, the "hero" edit is over-the-top, but blame the producers for that. Mike's ideal number one was Kelly, who seemed likable, but now he's saddled with a couple of dummies and making the best of it.

Speaking of those dummies, MY GOD. Dan and Rodney are THE WORST. I was hoping Dan would get blindsided so bad after he was so condescending to Shirin. Plus the "girls alliance" was an interesting possibility. I'm really wondering if Sierra ever actually planned to take out Dan and someone talked her down (Tyler or Mike, presumably, we weren't shown) or if she was totally playing the other girls (which I feel like production would hint at, so I doubt). Wouldn't surprise me at all if Tyler hashed it out with Carolyn before Tribal, too.

• Love 13
(edited)

I think i'm falling in love with Jenn.  "I _____ing hate you" Rodney, indeed.  Seriously, he's one of the most obnoxious people who's ever played Survivor.

Oh, hi, Dan.  It seems he wants to challenge Rodney to be crowned asshat of the season.  What was with the speech he gave to Shirin in the water?  He is one of the most mean-spirited people who has ever played the game.  What a gloating jerk.  I thought it was hilarious that he was rubbing in her face that her side is down in the numbers, and laughing at her as if it was somehow her fault that she ended up on the tribe that is currently outnumbered.  Like he's some strategic genius for having been placed on the blue collar tribe that happens to be up in numbers right now.  I laughed so hard each time this self-appointed "strategic genius" called Jeff over to check his puzzle and was WRONG.  LOL... nice try, dope.

I was liking Tyler until this week.  WTF Tyler?  Why did he tell Mike the contents of the hidden immunity idol clue?  It's like he's a mole for the odious blue collar tribe or something.  What is his end game strategy exactly?  To go Final 6 with blue collar + Carolyn and come in sixth???  Because the moves he's made in the past two weeks show that he's starting to play blue collar's game for them.

Edited by me5671
  • Love 13
(edited)

Hali's "Flippers built 'Merica" speech was hilarious. She sounded like she was in a MIss Teen USA pageant. Honestly not sure if that was deliberate or not.

Shirin was adorable this week, and I loved that she was even having silly fun with Jeff's "Hey, aren't you excited to have a challenge where useless non-athletic slugs have a chance?" questioning. In fact, it actually looked to me like her upbeat attitude was so infectious that even Jeff sort of came around. Carolyn, not so much... she was just standing there seething with hatred through the entire thing.

I feel like I should like Joe more. He's been awesome for this entire season, both personally, at camp stuff, and in challenges, but we see so little of him as a person that once he's been off screen for five minutes I feel nothing again. I am still rooting for him, but when it comes to him versus Jenn or Shirin or perhaps even Mike I may stop.

Mike entertains me, and he's playing his heart out. Plus, he gets points for grumbling at Jeff during the challenge.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 10
(edited)

I hate Dan most of all.  He is a vile, hateful and disgusting. Rodney is similar, but he's so stupid that it's kind of sad.  I know Tyler & Carolyn are just trying to win, but I'm starting to turn on them too because they are keeping these awful people on my tv.  I've never quit mid-season, but the way this one is going, I really don't have the heart to continue.  I might still watch Ponderosa, but I think I'm done watching the show.  There are just so many vile people

THIS. Sigh! I watched Russell Hanz's seasons and I am finding the combination of characters on this one, just that much more detestable.

It's not fun to watch misogynistic, hateful, ignorance coupled with unkindness. Watching Dan and Rodney, each week is a constant reminder that people like them exist, and that does not make for a fun viewing experience. That being said, I do agree with whoever said that they would "leave their kids with Rodney before Dan." It's the epitome of a choice between a rock and a hard place, but I would choose Rodney as well.

To be honest, I can't stand Carolyn and Tyler either. Carolyn has shown that she is capable of letting her dislike of a somewhat socially awkward (but otherwise decent individual) irrationally influence her game play (i.e., her attitude toward Shirin), yet she seems to find Dan & Rodney acceptable company and alliance mates. Tyler on the other hand seems to have no clear game play of his own other than to play second fiddle to BC and serve as Mike's stooge. Will . . . who's Will? I predict the goat of the season. 

Edited by Beebee111
  • Love 12

I'm glad Dan's not my mail carrier. Because, I have a lot of packages picked up each week by my mail carrier. If he was my mail carrier, I think a wild ferret might be in one of those packages. With a loose flap.

Or a copperhead. Or a scorpion. Or my crazy Siamese.

• Love 9

What a devastating boot tonight though not unexpected as it was surely going to be either Hali or Jenn. She seemed to take it well though. I hope she enjoys her shot of whiskey and bowl of ice cream when she gets to Ponderosa.  This season is going downhill fast for me after tonight, if Jenn gets voted out next week that will probably put the nail in the coffin. After that I can only hope that Shirin wins. : )

• Love 6

t's not fun to watch misogynistic, hateful, ignorance coupled with unkindness. Watching Dan and Rodney, each week is a constant reminder that people like them exist, and that does not make for a fun viewing experience. That being said, I do agree with whoever said that they would "leave their kids with Rodney before Dan." It's the epitome of a choice between a rock and a hard place, but I would choose Rodney as well.

I could not agree with this more. Those two are sapping my enjoyment of this season.  

• Love 9
(edited)

As soon as I was really starting to like Hali, she gets booted.

Forgive my digressionary nostalgia for a second, as I just watched a bunch of seasons last year.  Aye, it reminds me of when the adorable little Michelle was booted out in Season 14: Fiji.  I was shocked, and I was heartbroken.  Everyone seems to be turning on the season because of Hali's sacrifice, because it looks like the good guys will lose, but let us remember Fiji.  I still have hope that something will turn around.

Points to whomever pointed out Mike being unhinged.  I liked him a lot less this episode.  

I hadn't the faintest CLUE that Dan was trying to woo Shirin.  I took that as outright bullying and abuse!

And I actually thought Jeff was trying to be nice to notorious outcast Shirin (but I agree, it came off weird and condescending.)

Thank you to all for continuing to share Rodneycabulary.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 10

My hatred of a show that I once loved continues to grow. Joe is about the only one that doesn't make me grind my teeth in seething anger. Everyone else just annoys me to no end. Mike's raspy voice and "Merica". Roidney's douchbroness. Dan's misogyny. Jenn's attitude. Hali's rambling. Sherin's craziness. Tyler's game play. Probst's man crushes and meddling. Sure, some of them have had decent or entertaining moments, but they annoy way more than they entertain. Of the ones I didn't mention, they're forgettable, but I'm sure they'll annoy me soon enough.

• Love 7

In addition to his personality problems already listed, Dan was perpetrating one of my pet peeves - men wearing out of season hats :(  So I was ready to see him toddle off the stage in his cap.

I did not have a problem with Shirin saying that she wished Carolyn wouldn't get pizza/adventure, as it was in her TH and she was kind of laughing about it.

• Love 6

Fuck those guys. Bargain Basement Rob and Bloated Cliff Claven have no shot at winning themselves

I'm not a drinker . . . are whisky and ice cream compatible? It sounds disgusting.

Whiskey (or Bourbon) with vanilla is delicious.  Chocolate etc. doesn't work for me.

• Love 4

As soon as I was really starting to like Hali, she gets booted.

Forgive my digressionary nostalgia for a second, as I just watched a bunch of seasons last year.  Aye, it reminds me of when the adorable little Michelle was booted out in Season 14: Fiji.  I was shocked, and I was heartbroken.  Everyone seems to be turning on the season because of Hali's sacrifice, because it looks like the good guys will lose, but let us remember Fiji.  I still have hope that something will turn around.

Points to whomever pointed out Mike being unhinged.  I liked him a lot less this episode.  

I hadn't the faintest CLUE that Dan was trying to woo Shirin.  I took that as outright bullying and abuse!

And I actually thought Jeff was trying to be nice to notorious outcast Shirin (but I agree, it came off weird and condescending.)

Thank you to all for continuing to share Rodneycabulary.

I was the one who said he was trying to woo her, but I think the other posters were right that he was playing school yard bully.  It's hard to know with Dan, though.  I mean, he gave an apology that wasn't an apology to Sierra, but apparently thought that was good enough.  So I thought maybe that was his weird way of trying to earn points with Shirin.  At any rate, where does Dan think he stands with his tribe?  He isn't part of Rodney's final 4 alliance.  If Joe, Jenn, and Shirin are the next to go, and I'm forced to watch the remaining snakes, rats, and idiots, I guess it will be interesting where loyalty lies.  Would Rodney stick with his 3 blues, or turn on them and stick with his current alliance; Mike didn't tell anyone he had the idol, so if he keeps that under wraps until a tribal when he needs it, that will probably blindside someone (hey, maybe that was foreshadowing tonight-Rodney plans to target Mike, but Mike has the idol and uses it, thus blindsiding Rodney).  Or maybe he's too loyal to even Rodney so he blindsides someone else out of the game.  And could Dan be on the receiving end of a blindside (I'd like it to be him and Rodney, but I'll take either getting blindsided).  At any rate, Dan got extremely lucky that he landed on the tribe that he did.  He would have been long gone by now had that not happened.  And he got lucky having Mike being a leader and calling the shots.  Dan's just his lap dog.

• Love 5

Damn, I was liking Tyler till tonight.  What a moron.  Why did he have to go running to Mike?

Though I'm hoping that either Roidney will orchestrate a #BLINDSIDE against Mike or Mike orchestrate a #BLINDSIDE against Roidney.

Joe is doomed, unfortunately.

• Love 3

I'm going to try to look on the bright side here. If Rodney makes it to the final two or three (whatever it is), we'll get to watch him try to explain how he ran the game right before the jury tears him a new one. And then we'll be able to watch the life go out of his eyes as he realizes that he could never win this game.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't want to watch a Pagonging so I might throw in the towel too.  And to think this episode could have been a game changer. Fuck Mike for finding the HII, Fuck Tyler, Carolyn and Will for sticking with Blue, Fuck Sierra for not flipping and Fuck Rodney and Dan for just being them.

And I feel the direct opposite.  For once I want a tribe to stick with the plan.  And good for Tyler and Carolyn knowing how stupid it would be if they went with Kool Kids Klub instead.

Love Blue Collar and Tyler and Carolyn.  Even Will for voting the right way.  He is sneaking through and in a really good position.  Hope they take down the Kool Kids Klub and that poor woman who tags along after them like a little lost puppy dog cause finally the Kool Kids will let her in ... just to use her. 

Dan was actually right.  She could worm into the power alliance as an outlier and watch as they fracture in a few episodes then she becomes a swing vote.  She sure isn't very Survivor savvy is she doesn't know that is coming.  She still could be the sway vote anyway by default because long before they get around to booting her the power alliance will start to fracture.  Then she will claim to Dan that was her super secret squirrel plan all along all the while not knowing what the heck just went down.

Good for Mike for not giving up and finding the idol.  Did the others just give up?  Yes editing I know but it sounds like they probably didn't look for as many hours.  I can't see Mike winning but I would LOVE to see him win.  Anyone but golden boy Joe basically but especially want Mike to win.

Also really smart of Tyler to know it would be best to tell the others about the hidden idol as soon as he realized Mike saw them.  (And earlier for not saying anything at the reward gluttony fest).  He had a plan A to try for the idol with Joe but once spotted he had a Plan B to switch back quickly without causing his alliance to question his loyalty.  So many past Survivors would have told a stupid whopper to Mike and blown up their game.  Tyler was able to turn on a dime and look good in the process.   And now he is a trusted solid as opposed to the first to go from the power alliance.  (Yoda: "The slyness is strong in this one."). 

Also it helped prevent golden boy from finding it and annoying me even more.  Tyler knows he can't win against Joe with the jury by double crossing his alliance and Joe becoming the challenge monster.  Everyone with any sense wants golden boy out.

Edited by green
  • Love 3

After that scolding in the water of Shirin, I predict Dan and Rodney as the final two. Tale of Two Goats. The Survivor universe will implode at the thought of either of those 2 winning the prize.

There goes Merica.

• Love 6
(edited)

Time for the minority report, but I LOVED this episode!

- Jeff gets talked-back by both Mike and Joe for his Captain Obvious challenge chatter. That it was two of the alpha manly men makes it even sweeter.

- Shirin's weird reverse bomb analogy to Jeff. I kinda got it, and guffawed at her getting chided by the zipline operator.

- Jenn's (or Hali's?) comment that she would rather RODNEY babysit her kid than Dan. Holy crap. When Rodney is a better parental figure than you, you have some deep problems.

- Dan's train-wrecky speech to Shirin. She deserves a fucking Nobel peace prize for calmly swallowing it all. I didn't think I'd abhor anyone this season more than Rodney, but congrats, Dan! I wanted to jump into the screen and shove his disgusting beard down under one of his nauseatingly over-ample man-teats and watch him drown. (During one of his confessionals, the light and shadow made it look like one of his boobs was genuinely a cow udder, dangling wrinkly nipple and all. I feel permanently scarred. And apologies for not putting that under a "possible vomit inducing" spoiler tag.)

- Joe's valiant fail at deep throating the HII clue. Followed by his crepuscular special-ops-style hand gestures to Tyler for a secret meeting.

- Tyler's complete failure to fabricate ANYTHING on the fly to Mike. I was on the fence about his edit, but wow - his stupidity is cemented.

- Rodney's circular blathering at the RC choice. I pictured him laying on his side on the ground, propelling himself around in a circle a la Homer Simpson, Dr. Zoidberg, or the Three Stooges. Accompanied by a "wooop wooop woooop woooop!"

- Jeff's "let's make it a round number... five!" Bwah! He might want to take a course with Dan on Survivor math.

- Mike's journey to the heart of darkness, HII-style. I had to rewind to confirm that he was actually eating termites directly from the tree for sustenance. Normally I'd hate the emotion, but I actually think he was spent (sure looks like the most weight loss of the group) and was sorta content that he found it. And, more importantly, that he said he would NOT share it! Maybe it was the edit, but he also didn't throw in any Praise God references, which coming from a dude with a rickety psalm emblazoned on his back was refreshing. I can deal with the "just when you think you're down, you keep trying" message. [Granted, I still have a crush on him. And during his idol discovery/happy dance, it dawned on me that he reminds me - strangely - of Daniel Tosh. Another embarrassing so-wrong-it's-right t.v. crush of mine. Explains a lot.]

- Hali's apt yet crazypants, tongue-in-cheek (I have to think) GO MURICA!! revolutionary war flip on the Brits. Just when I was starting to enjoy her...

Yes, a Pagonging will be disappointing, but I'm still greatly enjoying the twists and reveals (good and bad) of these kook-a-mook personalities. And the misogyny is grotesque, but frankly, it's real. That's the world, sad to say. I'd rather see it unedited than brushed under the rug. I'm loving this season (and kind of want to punch myself in the face for concurring with Jeff).

Edited by Dewey Decimate
  • Love 15
(edited)

Damn, I was liking Tyler till tonight.  What a moron.  Why did he have to go running to Mike?

Though I'm hoping that either Roidney will orchestrate a #BLINDSIDE against Mike or Mike orchestrate a #BLINDSIDE against Roidney.

Joe is doomed, unfortunately.

At this point, I don't know what I'd rather see.  I absolutely loathe Rodney and Dan to the point that I've hated very few contestants on this show before, but I don't know who I'd rather see get served first.  Rodney has no chance of winning, and as much as I hate agreeing with him on anything, he sort of seems to have a somewhat decent approach to this game.  Not so much the social part, but he knew what would happen if they didn't vote Joe off when they had the chance.  He also realizes that maybe laying low now isn't a bad idea.  Since he thinks he has a solid 4 alliance, that really isn't too bad of a plan.  Why draw more attention to yourself?  That's assuming of course that a plan of Rodney's will actually work, and I don't want it to.  There's still 2 idols in play, that no one knows about (except Tyler with Carolyn).  But I don't know if I want to see Rodney blindsided, or his 4 get down to the 7 and blindside Mike/Dan/Sierra (who I have to believe will sense something at that point).  It's one of those scenarios you don't want to even get to, but if you had, which is more satisfying.  If Joe loses the next IC, he's gone.  But if he wins, I have a feeling Jenn or Shirin are going to be sent packing, then we'll probably see some scrambling after that.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4

I'm glad Dan's not my mail carrier. Because, I have a lot of packages picked up each week by my mail carrier. If he was my mail carrier, I think a wild ferret might be in one of those packages. With a loose flap.

I am glad Dan is not my mailman because I'm sure that after he threw away the packages that he just didn't feel like delivering, he'd be sure to let me know why it was all my fault.

I hate people who insist they are "keeping it real."

I hope Tyler goes down big time.

• Love 14

Why did Joe go along so stupidly with what Mike was saying?  And what are those burn mark looking scars on his chest?

We assumed those were spots where the skin rubbed off from Joe clinging to the pole for so long last challenge.  

I understood Hali's 'flippers sometimes prosper' speech.  They do.  Dan's a moron.  

I'm sorry to see Hali(en) go.  I found her amusing.  And now the hopes of any white collar going far are slim.  

So I guess Sierra didn't vote Dan because she knew Tyler wouldn't?  I figured Dan was safe when he was practically the only name discussed.  

I am liking Mike a lot.  Good for him for finding the idol.  I am thoroughly confused as to why he seemed to be the only one looking at the time he was looking.  Did Joe just give up on it?  Or is it just editing tricks?  I have no idea how that idol was anywhere near a "sea of green" and "floating in a hollow".  I was expecting it to be actually floating in some water.

Can't stand Rahdney.  "Joe, you know that of everyone here, I'm stahving the most."  And he can continue to do so.

I am thoroughly confused as to why Hali was sent home instead of Jenn.  Jenn is a much bigger threat.  Hali doesn't seem particularly bright, despite being a law student, and she's kind of quiet and useless the way Ambuh was in Australia.  Jenn = Jeri, smug loudmouth, but more athletic.  Hali = Ambuh, mousy sidekick.  Why wouldn't they send Jenn home?

I thoroughly don't understand why Dan needed to do his condescending "you're a fan" talk with Shirin.  If his side had the numbers, why even bother?  Seemed to me like he was trying to sway her over, but they didn't need her.  

• Love 4
IDK if I can continue to sit through Rodney and Dan. I'm going to have to start muting it whenever they are on screen because they are so fucking loathsome and make me feel all stabby

Usually there's only one of these intensely loathsome creatures per season but it appears we've hit the dickweed lottery on this one.  With Dan it's not just the crap that comes out of his mouth it's the incredibly smug delivery of said crap.  And the utter, utter cluelessness of his own vile nature.

Rodney. What the hell does "protocotypical" mean?

I read that as "proctotypical" and figured there's got to be an asshole joke in there somewhere.  Oh right . . . Rodney.

I don't think Joe is dumb.  He smoked the rest of the tribe twice in puzzle challenges.  But he does seem exceedingly passive.  I hope that's just some sort of red herring edit although considering none of the 3 swings have come over to his side I fear not.  This does not bode well for my continued enjoyment of this season.

• Love 8