Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E08: Keep It Real

• Start Topic

(edited)

Smart of Joe to try and woo them over, but that has to be one of the most arrogant groups ever.  Seriously, why is Mike so damn worried?  Why doesn't he make a move instead of waiting for his fate that he thinks is coming?  I don't see him being a target.  Do these people not understand the numbers concept?  That's a depressing thought that Rodney might actually have a plan that works.  Since Mike is the only desirable, if slightly unhinged, BC in the game, I still think they're paving the way for a winner's edit.

Rodney didn't even seem to be trying in that challenge.  Dude is way too comfortable, which makes me think he has to be getting blindsided.  I refuse to believe anything else.  As much as I want to hear his speech to the jury on why he deserves to win, just knowing I'd have to put up with him that much longer isn't worth it.  Rodney is essentially the very manual to follow for how not to win the game.  It was almost adorable watching him stomp around like a troll, blowing a bunch of hot air when no one was listening to him.  So his brilliant plan is to just let Mike think he's running the show until he gets to the 7, then make a move?  Does Rodney even get how this works?  They have to be setting up his downfall.  I can imagine a 'best of...' being played at the reunion.  Although I have to begrudgingly agree with him on something, getting rid of Joe when they had the chance was a much better idea.  I'm happy he's still there to be the thorn in everyone's side, but Rodney was right.  And that'd be one less NC they'd have to deal with.  

Very clever of hiding the II clue in a bottle of soda.  How did Carolyn miss that?  Loved the moment when Joe almost choked on it.  That's creative.  Tyler really lucked out on getting the idol lowdown from people this season.  Second favorite moment was Dan totally bombing in the IC.  Last week there was a video on CBS where Dan said he'd kill in the puzzle challenges.

i didn't think I could hate the former blues anymore.  Kudos to Dan for trying to woo Shirin, but whose minion is Dan?  He hasn't done anything except keep his head up Mike's ass.  And in terms of Dan's logic, he falls into the 'not doing anything' category.  Poor Shirin.  I don't care how annoying she is, she doesn't deserve that vitrol being thrown at her.  She'll be remembered by fans, but for much better reasons than Dan and Rodney.  For being such a super fan, you think Dan would know how to actually talk a good game out there.  Love that he didn't get Shirin to waver at all.  And seriously guys, Joe is only one person you have to worry about.  Maybe try making friends and not getting so upset and taking things personal

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5

Did Rodney just make a racist statemen? He called Joe a white boy than said something about Jaukeem (sp) if he was still here they would be eating rice and beans. I know that's all they have to eat but it was the context Rodney said it in.

(edited)

I think Dan is at this point actively trying to be the goat that people want to be dragged to the end. His conversation with Shirin was absurdly laughable. "Your game is done." The votes haven't been cast at this point, Dan.

Why was Joe apologizing once Hali was voted out? Did he flip to the majority alliance?

While Shirin is growing me, I was wondering why nobody mentioned that she choked on the puzzle in the first immunity challenge of the season.

Edited by GenL
Preview talk
  • Love 4
(edited)

*Sigh* I knew it was going to be a predictable boot.  Really thought it would be Jenn over Hali, so somewhat surprised by that.  But editing was giving it away too much that it was going to be predictable.  I'm so happy Jenn is still there over Hali, but damn.  My interest went down rapidly.  Something has to happen, because a Pagonging of the remaining NC and Shirin is depressing to think about.  I can't believe TPTB would think viewers would get onboard with a final 7 of Carolyn/Tyler/Will and the blues.  Sierra, don't be counting that million yet, just because you think the odds are better with your former blues.  

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 8
(edited)

Who flipped?  With Shirin, Kelly, Hali, Sierra, Joe, and Tyler (?) they had a majority.  I think Tyler flipped.  Why, oh why?  Perhaps the aforementioned Dan as goat? Isn't it a little too early to be thinking about the goat you want to drag to the end?

ETA:  yep, it was Tyler.  

Edited by susannot
  • Love 2

Poor Hali, I will miss her. She was cute and fun. And she did make a great speech about the colonists, even if it fell on deaf ears.

Mike's starting to remind me of Tony. I didn't like Tony, but I like Mike. Mike, please don't become Tony.

Rodney.... STFU.....someone, anyone, please lead the drive to get rid of him.

• Love 6
(edited)

Sierra flipped too, didn't she?  Where's Parvati and her kick ass girl alliance to show these ladies how its done?  There will no doubt be a lot of spinning at the reunion to try and make what could be the final 3/4/7 look desirable.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 9

The only one I'm rooting for is Joe. But he'll be gone once he doesn't win immunity, he's such a threat.

I can't stand anyone else. At this point I don't care who wins just as long as it's not a blue collar guy or Tyler.

• Love 13

Sierra flipped too, didn't she?

I don't think anybody actually flipped, correct? When they showed the vote tally at the end of the episode, over Hali giving her exit interview, I think only Hali, Jenn, Joe and Shirin voted for Dan.

• Love 9

Sierra flipped too, didn't she?

Yeah, there were only four votes for Dan.  It would have been so, so satisfying to see him voted out.  

His argument to Shirin made no sense. If she joined with blue collar, once they got rid of all the no collars she would still be in the minority.  That's just some more basic math.

• Love 15

Did Hali have one talking head that whole episode? At this point the editors are annoying me as much as the Blue Collars.

Tyler is a weasel. Screw him.

I love Joe, but he should have taken at least one other alliance member on the reward challenge to sway one or two of the others away. Then again, I don't trust one other person in that 7-person alliance. Yuk. I guess that was the problem of having 5 people on that reward - too many to be effective.

This is looking to be very disappointing from here on out. 

• Love 13
(edited)

It's a good thing Joe looks so strong in challenges because that's the only prayer he has in this game because he is kind of an idiot - albeit a very, very pretty idiot. I am honestly baffled by Joe's play tonight. Let's see, mistake number 1 - sharing the clue with Tyler. WTAF...why? Yes, you're trying to get him to side with you - so sell him some promise but you don't give him that kind of power and leverage. And so what, he saw you swallow the clue. Big freaking deal. Immunity idol clues on rewards are no big secret anymore and Joe and his alliance are down in the numbers so I think everyone expects they'd be looking for idols. Tyler knowing Joe had the clue wouldn't do diddly without him knowing what the clue says. 

And so of course Tyler goes and tells Mike what the clue says and what do you know, Mr. Merica himself finds the idol. And why does he find it because he creates this ridiculous performance of announcing Joe found the clue and Joe, knowing this to not be true, decides to sit back and stop looking. Who the hell stops looking for an immunity idol when you are down in the numbers and everyone is likely gunning for you? Like WTAF... I have to tell myself that the editors just didn't show him still looking for the idol because he didn't find it. But he's still responsible for Mike knowing where to look because he shared the clue with Tyler who told Mike. 

And so now Hali is gone, putting them in an even bigger hole whereas if he'd actually shared the clue only with his alliance, they could have found it and played it for Shirin and sent Dan home regardless of Sierra's vote. And for the record, I suspect Sierra didn't stick with the girls' plan because she realized they didn't have the numbers to pull it off. But if they'd gotten rid of Dan, that would have at least made things a little closer but now they're all done - Joe first, unless he can go on an insane immunity run to rival Ozzy. 

Meanwhile I'm stuck with more weeks of Rodney the misogynistic douchebag and Dan the smug and condescending tool. I guess I should just accept that this game is only going to get mildly interesting after Jenn, Shirin and Joe are gone because these people have made it clear they're not flipping. 

Did Hali have one talking head that whole episode? At this point the editors are annoying me as much as the Blue Collars.

Seriously, that was the only thing that made me actually believe a Dan blindside was coming because Hali was as invisible as she's been for many episodes while Dan got multiple TH's. But no, I had to suffer through his obnoxious babbling only to have him still not be voted off. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 21
(edited)

I guess they have to pretend it'll be an unpredictable boot and then throw in the hashtag that it was a blindside; because if it's a blindside, then it was a good episode right?  I need Jeff to explain to me how, once again, this was the "best episode of the season".  They have to edit it like people are going to flip when they really aren't.  Does Dan forget that the very people he's insulting are going to be on the jury?  Again, a jury speech I'd love to hear since it'd be nothing but hidden digs and insults, but not if it means putting up with him that long.

ETA: in regards to Joe sharing the clue, he didn't really have a choice.  He tried swallowing it, but Tyler saw it.  So he figured he had to share it with him, probably not realizing he would double cross him to Mike.  So many unlikeable people left.  I thought last season was bad, but this season is starting to take the torch.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 7

Well, Sierra was shown saying she hated Dan,she was ready to vote him out, she was all about a girl alliance.  We were not shown why she flipped back, that I recall.  So far she hasn't been enough of a player to sell so many blatant lies to somany people.  I think it will cost her.

• Love 6

I guess they have to pretend it'll be an unpredictable boot and then throw in the hashtag that it was a blindside; because if it's a blindside, then it was a good episode right?  I need Jeff to explain to me how, once again, this was the "best episode of the season".  They have to edit it like people are going to flip when they really aren't.  Does Dan forget that the very people he's insulting are going to be on the jury?  Again, a jury speech I'd love to hear since it'd be nothing but hidden digs and insults, but not if it means putting up with him that long.

ETA: in regards to Joe sharing the clue, he didn't really have a choice.  He tried swallowing it, but Tyler saw it.  So he figured he had to share it with him, probably not realizing he would double cross him to Mike.  So many unlikeable people left.  I thought last season was bad, but this season is starting to take the torch.

I usually roll my eyes at the overuse of the word 'blindside,' but I think Hali (and Jenn for some reason) was genuinely shocked at her boot, probably because she had assumed Jenn was a bigger target and Shirin was more likely to be voted out for being annoying?

• Love 3

Biggest idiot in tonight's episode goes to TYLER. I thought I could root for him but after today's episode that's a big NO. Why the fuck would he tell Mike about the clue and what's written on it. He could have gotten the idol for himself. Dumbass.

Rodney and Dan can both eat a bowl of STFU!! Dan says he was being nice to Shirin, no he was being a flat out asshole. Just down talking her and just being crusty, but not surprised since he's a misogynist anyway. Rodney begs Joe to take him on the reward and then says it's alright I don't need it, then stop begging stupid. Rodney doesn't need to talk about anyone because he flat out sucks on challenges, just dead last in both tonight and wasn't that good in the one previous. All them muscles and can't put them to good use.

Really Rodney, you spell HALI as HALT. GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!

I'm upset that Dan didn't get voted off. That would have been a thing of beauty.

Sierra, IDK what's up with her. She wanted an all female alliance towards the end but then votes for the person she thought about aligning with. She's up and down and proves that she's not ready to make a big move or is afraid to. She's another idiot.

Mike is just becoming annoying and wish he hadn't found the HII.

Joe just has to keep on winning. He's the only one left to root for. Joe should have talked to the people and pull them in on getting the numbers while on the reward. Joe might want to start scrambling. Surprised No Collars still haven't figured out that Will is no longer voting with them. 

• Love 15
(edited)

Well that was disappointing all the way around.  I can not stand  the asses on Blue Collar, and I was ready for Dan to get his richly deserved comeuppance for that seething, vile way he tried to browbeat Shirin.

I was also so disappointed that Merica Mike found the damn idol.

They may never get Joe out (which is fine with me), but I am disappointed with his strategizing.  sure he picked the right people to go on the reward, but then he did nothing.  Did he even try to talk with them?  Not from what we saw. 

Edited by vb68
  • Love 17
(edited)

That was Dan trying to woo Shirin? From where I was sitting, that was Dan actively mocking and bullying Shirin for being a "stupid" fan, telling her she has no shot at the game because she chose the wrong side and she "can't do math." I didn't see any wooing so much as "I have the numbers and you don't." I'm surprised he restrained himself long enough not to add "Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah" and pull her pigtails.

But Carolyn and her boy Tyler clearly see the giant word GOAT tattooed on Dan's forehead, so there was no shot of them flipping. Too bad -- it was a good plan the five minutes it lasted.

Lol yeah, we've seen how Dan has talked to and apologized to the women out there.  I think he was trying to make some move in getting Shirin on his side, by telling her she was on the bottom of Joe's alliance (which I wonder if Shirin asked who exactly he was following?  If they edited that part of the conversation out, I mean).  But typical Dan, that's the only way I think he knows how to handle the opposite sex, and maybe just people in general.  He doesn't know how not to insult them.

I cringe to think that Tyler, Carolyn, and Sierra are really sticking with Mike, Dan, and Rodney, and they don't have some other master plan about double crossing them.  I thought maybe they were waiting for the right moment, but now I'm believing that's really how it is going to go.  I suppose it should be fun when they have to start picking each other off, but I dislike that whole group so much right now it's not even worth it.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 10

What a letdown.  I was really looking forward to seeing Dan get blindsided.  He's insufferable.  Telling Shirin that she's basically an idiot and then saying he's only trying to help her?  What a toad.

On the other hand, Shirin didn't come across much better in this ep.  Just because she doesn't like Carolyn, that doesn't mean she has to get snotty about Carolyn getting to share some pizza.  It isn't as if Shirin earned the right to the pizza herself.  

Mike got awfully emotional about finding that idol.  Makes me wonder how much sleep he's been missing out there.

At the risk of sounding shallow, I wouldn't mind more footage of the no-collar yoga session.  Joe, especially.

• Love 10

Ugh, I just knew the editing monkeys were setting it up for a NC vote. They think they are creating suspense, but there's none to be had. Actually, I really thought they were foreshadowing Shirin's exit when she acted like an IMBECILE at the IC.

I forget who said it upstream but I am REALLY beginning to think Jeff thinks this is the "best season ever" b/c these assholes are going to be in the final 3. (Looking at you Mike, Dan and Rodney).

That's not a spoiler; it's just why I think Jeff likes this season so much.

• Love 4
(edited)

Joe is awfully passive, content to win immunities for himself but doesn't seem to participate in wooing an alliance. I don't understand his game plan. Has he even had a confessional since the first couple of episodes?

Is Hali on the jury?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5

Lord this was a disappointing episode all around. Sigh.

I love Joe, but he should have taken at least one other alliance member on the reward challenge to sway one or two of the others away. Then again, I don't trust one other person in that 7-person alliance. Yuk. I guess that was the problem of having 5 people on that reward - too many to be effective.

This is looking to be very disappointing from here on out. 

Agree. That was way too many people to share reward challenge with.

That said, why the devil did Joe stop searching and allow Mike to get the jump on him? Now I can't see any way back for Joe/Jen/Shirin.

Dan with more misogyny and bullying... why am I not surprised.

• Love 10
(edited)

You can't edit that episode, and Dan in particular, in that way and then let there be no comeuppance.  It violates all the narrative conventions of reality television.

Also, this might be the most Probst has ever wanted to host Million Dollar Man on Man Mud Wrestle instead of Survivor.  Just ask Joe to come back to your room already.  And the mancrush on Mike for being brilliant is coming.  Those two and Rodney will get approximately 98% of the reunion, regardless of who wins.

Sierra, You Could Have Been Here!

(Tier left blank, but alas)

Hating Assholes

1. Jenn - Continues to hate Rodney, wanted to vote against Dan.  That's good enough for me!

2. Carolyn - But she has to make a move soon before she's cannon fodder

3. Sierra - Ditto.  Good for you for hating Dan, but be proactive in doing something about it, please.

Only Real Flaw is Probst Wanting to Fuck Him (Well, And He's Kind of Dumb)

4. Joe - Can Joe win every immunity challenge and displace Ozzy as Jeff's #1 mancrush?

Suddenly Invisible

5. Will - Is playing?

Wishy Washerson, King of the Middle

6. Tyler - Playing both sides against the middle is probably a solid way to lose

Both Incredibly Obnoxious and Incredibly Sympathetic

7. Shirin - You are so awkward it's very obnoxious but I have sympathy for you to, especially with Dan around

The Lesser of Three Evils

8. Mike - I still don't like you, still think you're smug, but you're not an incredible douchebag like...

Worst Since Colton

9. Rodney - A STUNNING UPSET!

10. Dan - WOW.  Just an incredibly sexist asshole.  Making Rodney look good by comparison.  Also based on the puzzle results, possibly illiterate.

Probably At FTC With Two Goats

1. Mike - in stupidly good position.  If Joe loses immunity next week and he can get rid of him and thus lessen the numbers Carolyn, Sierra, and Tyler have to stage a coup, hard to see him losing.

The Goats In Question

2. Dan - Can probably get votes from guys?

3. Rodney - No Votes.

Could Lead a Coup

4. Tyler - I think is slightly warmer than Carolyn and this would be a VERY sexist jury.

5. Carolyn - But maybe I'm wrong?

Has to Win Out, Probably, But Would Definitely Win FTC

6. Joe - Good luck, dude

Has A Decent Shot to be in the Final Immunity Challenge

7. Sierra - But probably will fall victim to the fallacy that no decision is in fact a decision like so many before her have.  Denise in China maybe most prominently.

Literally Invisible

8. Will -

Damn, Damn Damn

9. Jenn - I kind of like you.  

DOOMED
10. Shirin - Bad sign for your jury chances when multiple people, no matter how despicable, refuse to learn your name.

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 11

Joe is awfully passive, content to win immunities for himself but doesn't seem to participate in wooing an alliance. I don't understand his game plan.

Is Hali on the jury?

Yes Hali is on the jury.

Agree with everything in your post (moar yoga w/Joe!)  but especially this :

On the other hand, Shirin didn't come across much better in this ep.  Just because she doesn't like Carolyn, that doesn't mean she has to get snotty about Carolyn getting to share some pizza.  It isn't as if Shirin earned the right to the pizza herself.

Shirin,and every other tribe member, need to let go of petty resentments and be civil to eveyone else. At the most, they are potential alliance mates.  At the least, they are jurors.

• Love 4
(edited)

I forget who said it upstream but I am REALLY beginning to think Jeff thinks this is the "best season ever" b/c these assholes are going to be in the final 3. (Looking at you Mike, Dan and Rodney).

That's not a spoiler; it's just why I think Jeff likes this season so much.

Damn, that would be the worst final three in Survivor history. 

Joe is awfully passive, content to win immunities for himself but doesn't seem to participate in wooing an alliance. I don't understand his game plan.

I thought he was smart to invite the white collars and Will to the reward, but then why didn't he try to woo them?

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 10
Biggest idiot in tonight's episode goes to TYLER. I thought I could root for him but after today's episode that's a big NO. Why the fuck would he tell Mike about the clue and what's written on it. He could have gotten the idol for himself. Dumbass.

THIS. So much this.

• Love 10

Is Hali on the jury?

She is the first juror.  In regards to alliances, given that this season has left a lot out (from what I've gathered in reading interviews with booted castoffs), I wouldn't be surprised if Joe tried until he was blue in the face to try and convince Carolyn and Tyler to join his alliance.  The writing might just be on the wall.  Also, after the swap, Joe mentioned that Tyler and Joaquin didn't talk to him at all.  I'm curious why that is.  There was way too much regarding the stupid idol.  And next season, maybe find somewhere other than a tree to find them.  Speaking of idols, no one has found the old Esecmeca idol, right?

Joe and Jenn will be predictable boots.  With so much emphasis on Mike being a target, I'm calling final 3 for him, and god forbid, he drags his minion to the end with him in Dan.  Also thinking Tyler makes the final 3.  Only way Joe gets there is to keep winning immunity.  Carolyn and Rodney will probably get blindsided once the old NC are down to its last person and some flipping goes on.

• Love 3