Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Try

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Here is your episode thread for the 15th episode: TRY. This thread will open at 10:00 pm Sunday night. Prior to this, please go to the Speculation and Pre-Air thread for any discussions on the episode.

Remember to please keep all discussions polite, respectful and spoiler free.

To discuss the comics, please go to the Comics Thread. If you need help with the shortforms we use in the threads, go to our Acronym and Nickname thread.

And for a little trivia: If you are wondering where the strange one word episode titles are coming from, as many have pointed out, it comes from this quote:

“...I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire...I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all of your breath trying to conquer it. Because no battle is ever won he said. They are not even fought. The field only reveals to man his own folly and despair, and victory is an illusion of philosophers and fools.”
                                                                                                    ― William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury

• Love 7

Darryl and Carl still need haircuts.

Deanna thinks an abusive man will eventually get better and stop hitting his wife?  She is a fool.

I hope Nicholas is stupid enough to try and kill Glenn, and Glenn rips him to shreds.

• Love 19

Um ... Rick needs to be exiled*. There's a middle ground between separating Jessie from Pete, and keeping the town doctor, and "executing" Pete.

They keep underestimating these townspeople, while forgetting that they were surviving in style well before CDB rolled into there. Rick says, "We're the ones who live!" Plenty of them have died, too.

*I'd elaborate further, but that'd be getting into the previews for next week.

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 10

Did.not.care. about the abuse storyline. I was rolling my eyes so hard at the predictability of that storyline that my eyes nearly rolled out of my head.

Have no interest in the raging hormones of Carl and his new girlfriend.

The Michonne, Sasha and Rose stuff was interesting as was the stuff with Darryl and Aaron, wish we’d got more of that, than the Desperate Housewives/Teen Angst crap.

Thank you Michonne for knocking the hell out of Rick! That was funny as hell. He was acting like a complete lunatic. Though I do have to wonder how this is going to affect their dynamic and the dynamic of the group. They are obviously on different pages regarding this situation.

We know that Carol is on Rick's side. Afterall she was smiling when he was giving his ridiculous speech. Michonne is opposite. I think Glenn could end up on Rick's side too. Not sure about the others though.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 9

Count me in on the "Rick has it coming" bandwagon.  What would Lori think about her husband now?

However, I'm also on the "Holier-than-thou Alexandrians suck" bandwagon.  I'm so torn.  I know!  Make Michonne queen of the Alexandria Safe Zone.

Also, this is the first episode I really noticed how deep Chandler Riggs' voice has gotten.  Oh, the little boy is becoming a man.  So proud.

• Love 7

Deanna doesn't really think that; she just doesn't really care.  Deanna is totally willing to sacrifice Jessie's blood to keep a surgeon in town.

Which makes Rick less crazy.    These ASZ'ers are carpetbaggers.   Time to move on.

• Love 15

I am not bothered with which of Rick's people choose to be on Team Alexandrians because they will be dead soon enough. Whoever is carving those "Ws" is coming. The Alexandrians are unprepared, delusional, and they abandon people.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 19

It's one thing to suspend my belief that the dead can resurrect with a taste for human tartar and quite another to think that the drunk town doctor put a beat down on Rick that even Shane couldn't.

Yeah, it is hard to buy that a drunk doctor could actually have a chance up against Rick who has taken down tougher more skilled men.

• Love 7

I found this entire episode very confusing. Not one thing made sense to me.

Darryl is getting closer to finding out who keeps leaving trails of bodies and parts everywhere.

Rick is no longer able to hide his desire to just take over this place.

As we figured, there were two different stories about what happened on the run.

It's blatant to Glenn that Rick never wanted to be one of these people.

Sasha just doesn't give a fuck anymore. She's lost too much.

The people of this town are willing to over look troubling traits of their members if it benefits them.

Sides need to be chosen.

All of this seemed pretty clear.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

I am not bothered with which of Rick's people choose to be on Team Alexandrians because they will be dead soon enough. Whoever is carving those "Ws" is coming. The Alexandrians are unprepared, delusional, and they abandon people.

They know the "W"s.   They're coming for Deanna's wrinkly old hide.

• Love 1

A minute in tree trunk heaven is all it takes for Carl to drop his allegiance to CDB?!

You have to remember that as far as Carl knows every girl who reaches 12 has died so far. One minute with a live one is like a miracle.

• Love 15

In my constant losing battle to keep everything Morgan related, I swore those Ws were really just upside down Ms.

No? Too crack pot? I might be sipping the Rictatorship juice a little too hard lately.

Anyway, yawn to everything that wasn't DarRon related. I mean, I'm glad Rick's time in the real world has affected him so much, because that's the reality of it, but he's cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs over JESSIE? I'm still not buying this rush job.

• Love 9

I'm not sure so much that Rick's mooning over Jessie, rather that the community allows Pete to terrorize Jessie and the little cookie monster because he's a surgeon.   Alexandria has a caste system.  that's what's bugging Rick. 

• Love 14

Rick was foolish to confront Pete directly over Jessie. He should be trying to keep the peace & not throw the surgeon through the window.

There are more subtle ways to deal with Pete's abuse.

It's very frustrating to watch Rick acting like an idiot. Luckily Michonne knocked him out.

• Love 12

Thank you Michonne for knocking the hell out of Rick! That was funny as hell. He was acting like a complete lunatic. Though I do have to wonder how this is going to affect their dynamic and the dynamic of the group. They are obviously on different pages regarding this situation.

We know that Carol is on Rick's side. Afterall she was smiling when he was giving his ridiculous speech. Michonne is opposite. I think Glenn could end up on Rick's side too. Not sure about the others though.

I don't know that Michonne is completely opposite.  I tend to believe that she's got a lot of good sense and knows that a lot of what Rick was saying was correct about the aszhats' lack of preparedness and sense of reality.  She also knew it wasn't going to do anyone any good to hear it from Rick's Fun Brand of ZA Batshit Crazy.

• Love 20

I'm not sure so much that Rick's mooning over Jessie, rather that the community allows Pete to terrorize Jessie and the little cookie monster because he's a surgeon.   Alexandria has a caste system.  that's what's bugging Rick.

It's the same as the hospital. They were willing to overlook rape-y cops because they were cops. Never seems to work.

• Love 14

Thank you Michonne for taking Rick down.  He was acting like a mad dog. 

I have no patience for Jessie's crap.  She doesn't want to leave fine - let her wallow.  I don't give a F.  But the communtiy should have stepped in with the kids.

Why place the newbies right next door or near Jessie and her shit?

• Love 4

In my constant losing battle to keep everything Morgan related, I swore those Ws were really just upside down Ms.

No? Too crack pot? I might be sipping the Rictatorship juice a little too hard lately.

Anyway, yawn to everything that wasn't DarRon related. I mean, I'm glad Rick's time in the real world has affected him so much, because that's the reality of it, but he's cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs over JESSIE? I'm still not buying this rush job.

Yvette just said possible M's  on TD.

• Love 2