Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Try

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

I finally pinpointed what bothers me about the whole Rick/Jessie/Pete thing. I just don't care. I really don't give a rat's ass about Jessie or Pete or their kids, beyond the fact that I think Sam is a less twisted version of Lizzie. This entire storyline is just boring me. More than the search for Sophia and Lori's epic Lady Macbeth-ing of Rick and Shane in season two. More than Woodbury. Even more than the hospital arc!

However, I will give it some credit for Michonne as the Rick Whisperer.

• Love 17

Honestly, I could get behind Rick all the way if the writers didn't insist on portraying Rick as ONLY caring that Pete hits Jessie because he's into her. I wouldn't even care if he was into her, but to have him say he wouldn't do this for anyone else? Really? I don't buy that for a minute. He'd just let any other wife beater walk free? No. Fuck that. It's really taking me out of the moment, to be honest.

Yup that bugged me and I don't believe it for a second.  I try to put it down to Rick being crazy (not crazy for Jessie, just crazy).  It's still stupid of the writing team. 

• Love 17

Honestly, I could get behind Rick all the way if the writers didn't insist on portraying Rick as ONLY caring that Pete hits Jessie because he's into her. I wouldn't even care if he was into her, but to have him say he wouldn't do this for anyone else? Really? I don't buy that for a minute. He'd just let any other wife beater walk free? No. Fuck that. It's really taking me out of the moment, to be honest.

I agree. I don't believe for one second that Rick would let any man beat a woman so why are the writers claiming this? They are too trying hard to sell this romance.

• Love 20

Michonne is trying to find her middle ground. She doesn't want to become complacent and forget what's out there, but she doesn't want to have all these walls up and ruin their shot at a home either. .

I think Michonne's dilemma is that she knows there will be no middle ground. It's one of those situations where you wish you didn't have to eliminate one choice but you know you do. Her group---and exile? Or safety...and opposing her own friends?

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 5

On one hand, Rick is kind of right that the ASZhats need some realism. OTOH, Rick has gone bat shit. Michonne knocking him out was great, he needed to shut up. Not sure it will be as clear as picking teams but maybe just preventing it all from falling apart because of Rick. Not sure this ep really sets us up for a promising season finale but I'll take that to Spec thread when it's up.

• Love 4

Deanna doesn't really think that; she just doesn't really care.  Deanna is totally willing to sacrifice Jessie's blood to keep a surgeon in town.

Yes. And sadly i think this time she is right. They need the drunk doctor. If they put him in jail for beating his wife he can just refuse to treat everyone. Rick was thinking with his dick, but I was glad that it was a fight initiated by DD.

I don't think there's team Deanna and Team Rick. I think they are all Team Rick, or at least most of them. The ones I can see leaving are the last group cause they haven't been with Rick long. But I have a hard time imagining the others going against him or leaving.

Damn, Carl is really grown up.

I was confused by the people being eaten that Sasha saw towards the end. Was that a hallucination?

I couldn't understand why Rick would go around telling Deanna and Jessie (?) about him wanting to take care of DD, when he told Carol that the people there aren't ready for the truth of how life is now.

• Love 4

"You have to remember that as far as Carl knows every girl who reaches 12 has died so far. One minute with a live one is like a miracle."

When Carl was a child, he spake as a child, he understood as a child, he thought as a child : but when he became a man, he put away childish things...stabbed Abe and took Rosita like a Viking.

• Love 9

A) I love that they're actually paying attention to PTSD Sasha. Thank you, show, for having someone give a crap about her.

B) More Rosita please! I really like her character, and I think they could do a lot with her.

C) As previous posters said, Drunk Dr. Pete should be happy to have a throat right now.

D) I give absolutely zero craps about Coral and Enid's angsty teen romance. But I've said before, this show sucks at romance, so whenever I see when coming on and eating up a considerable amount of the plot, I groan. Which brings me to...

E) I give negative craps about Jessie and Rick's relationshit. However, I am glad that Rick finally screamed at everyone about how much they suck at zombie apocalypse.

F) I love that Sam is going to Carol for comfort while his dad was fighting RickGriiiimes. He's like the stray puppy that just wouldn't leave, and it looks like she loves him a little bit too.

G) For the first time in forever, I desperately want to see the FPP storyline!!!

• Love 10

In my constant losing battle to keep everything Morgan related, I swore those Ws were really just upside down Ms.

No? Too crack pot? I might be sipping the Rictatorship juice a little too hard lately.

Anyway, yawn to everything that wasn't DarRon related. I mean, I'm glad Rick's time in the real world has affected him so much, because that's the reality of it, but he's cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs over JESSIE? I'm still not buying this rush job.

It's not just about Jessie. I don't know why people think this. This has been building ever since Terminus. Rick has zero time to trust people, he's lost too much, he has no desire to play nice anymore. He successfully turned into to the type of people that tried to murder and eat them in Terminus. At one point, those people were the good people. They wanted to do right by people. Then, at a certain point, it became a you are with me or against me mentality. Everything has come full circle for him. Jessie is just something else he wants. He could give a damn about how who stands in his way. He may still want to do right by Jessie in her time of need but he has no time to try and make a peaceful solution. He just does what he wants.

• Love 14

I don't know that Michonne is completely opposite.  I tend to believe that she's got a lot of good sense and knows that a lot of what Rick was saying was correct about the aszhats' lack of preparedness and sense of reality.  She also knew it wasn't going to do anyone any good to hear it from Rick's Fun Brand of ZA Batshit Crazy.

Echo echo.  I also think it's a bit of a setup on CDB's side.  It's becoming more and more apparent Our Gang is going to have to take over ASZ at some point, but it might be a good bit more advantageous if Deanna&Co think there are serious divisions in CDB.  At least it might keep some of them inside the walls.

• Love 6

That was an incredible monologue by Andrew Lincoln. He brought it.

It's a shame that he had completely lost his mind and was drenched in blood because what he said wasn't exactly wrong. He definitely couldn't see that he was coming off as an invader, though. Deanna didn't really seem to be willing to come to any actual middle ground, she just hemmed and hawed like the politician she is. 

Are we expected to draw relation from Rick's attempt at taking over with Glenn alpha'ing that Alexandria red shirt?

Sonequa Martin impressed me this episode, she's got some real acting chops. 

The woodland romance came off of awkward, which is too be expected. Poor Coral. 

The really odd scene that stood out to me was when Rick asked Carol why it mattered so much to her to protect the Anderson son from an abusive father. Is Rick really not stupid enough to see the parallels? They were speaking very quietly though so I might have missed something. And I did catch that language being repeated later by Jessie to Rick.

Edited by ohaifriendo
  • Love 6
I liked the scene with Rosita, Sasha, and Michonne. I was hoping they would get through to her, but she's still dealing with some heavy shit. Michonne is trying to find her middle ground. She doesn't want to become complacent and forget what's out there, but she doesn't want to have all these walls up and ruin their shot at a home either.

I spent that scene worrying over Rositas safety because she was speaking too much and I feared she would die soon. Glad that did not happen. And damn, she looks so different in Alexandria. So much softer.

Not happy that we did not even get to see Tara.

• Love 7

Darryl is getting closer to finding out who keeps leaving trails of bodies and parts everywhere.

Rick is no longer able to hide his desire to just take over this place.

As we figured, there were two different stories about what happened on the run.

It's blatant to Glenn that Rick never wanted to be one of these people.

Sasha just doesn't give a fuck anymore. She's lost too much.

The people of this town are willing to over look troubling traits of their members if it benefits them.

Sides need to be chosen.

All of this seemed pretty clear.

As I said, nothing made sense 'to me'. Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion.

• Love 3
When Carl was a child, he spake as a child, he understood as a child, he thought as a child : but when he became a man, he put away childish things...stabbed Abe and took Rosita like a Viking.

Now that is a love triangle that would keep me interested! Dolphin Smooth vs. The Hat. Winner gets Rosita.

I am sincerely hoping that we get to see Maggie rip FPP up one side and down the other next week. Then kick him in the balls.

• Love 7

Despite me not liking Rick's turn back to crazy town, Andy Lincoln was fantastic in that final monologue.  Great work.

Rick is heading back to Crazy Town and he has a one way ticket. That was disturbing as was his bloody face.

What's with everyone running around in the woods? Are they all supposed to be out killing walkers? Is Abraham still out with the construction crew? I don't like not seeing part of our gang in some of these episodes. I think it is important to know that our group is together and evaluating the integrity of this situation. It seems like they will need each other very soon.

How many people other than Rick & Company live in Alexandria?

So the person or persons that chopped up the bodies in Noah's hometown is now near Alexandria?

• Love 2

Carol and her fucking casserole.  Ugh.

I am not liking NuRick at all.  I'm so glad that Michonne finally knocked the fuck out of him.  He deserved it.  I just knew he was aching to take Pete out so he could get his paws on Jessie.  She's clean and somewhat pretty so Rick has lost his damn mind.  Actually, I hope that Deanne exiles him and Carol and anyone else who wants to go with them.  I think at this point the only one of the CDB gang who would want to go with them would be Carl.  And that would be too bad now that he's found his first "love" in Enid; they really need each other. 

As far as Pete is concerned, Deanne could threaten him with exile if he laid a hand on Jessie again.  The main thing is she has to act like she means it, and I think she would. 

Getting kind of tired of Sasha's story.  I don't want her to get chomped but I hope she snaps out of it soon.  On the other hand, if she does get eaten at least she'll be put out her misery.

I was glad to see Glenn get up in the coward's face.

• Love 6

Yes. And sadly i think this time she is right. They need the drunk doctor. If they put him in jail for beating his wife he can just refuse to treat everyone. Rick was thinking with his dick, but I was glad that it was a fight initiated by DD.

They give drunken Pete two choices:   Stay away from Jessie, treat the other ASZhats, or go outside.    By himself.    He's soft, so he'll pick option A, which shows Deanna is s shitty leader.    By allowing Pete's reign of terror, she's no better than the rest of assholes they've been up against.  

• Love 5

Actually, Deanna is wrong. If Pete won't treat anyone, then don't give him any food or more importantly alcohol. You will see how fast he starts to cooperate. This requires taking a hard line with Pete. Deanna is a politician who clearly is willing to sell out anyone and use anyone, no wonder the rest of the Alexandrians are the same.

THIS.  Have they even tried to take a hard line with him?  Jessie said he got help before the ZA and was different, so he can do it (I know he relapsed, but in the ZA the motivation to change should be different).  I don't care about Pete personally but the Alexandrians are taking the easy way out.

• Love 8

Actually, Deanna is wrong. If Pete won't treat anyone, then don't give him any food or more importantly alcohol. You will see how fast he starts to cooperate. This requires taking a hard line with Pete. Deanna is a politician who clearly is willing to sell out anyone and use anyone, no wonder the rest of the Alexandrians are the same.

So, someone is bleeding to death and they're waiting for the guy to get hungry enough to help?

Rick gave a speech about doing what you have to do to survive and whatever and he was totally right. Looking the other way for the good of the many is doing just that in this instance.  Maybe if she tried other options she could succeed, but she doesn't want to take the risk right now and doesn't know how to fix it.

It's a bad situation, but Rick's way seemed much more impractical to me. They can't kill the only doctor they have because they are not going to find another. Hell, if I was Pete I would know that and would call their bluffs.

• Love 5

Rick should've went home, took off the CaptSaveAHO cape and rubbed one out.

Not here for the obsession over Homemaker Jessie.

Terrible episode.

Yeah, when she was yelling at Rick that she was married and he should just leave...so slutty.

It's not just about Jessie. I don't know why people think this. This has been building ever since Terminus. Rick has zero time to trust people, he's lost too much, he has no desire to play nice anymore. He successfully turned into to the type of people that tried to murder and eat them in Terminus. At one point, those people were the good people. They wanted to do right by people. Then, at a certain point, it became a you are with me or against me mentality. Everything has come full circle for him. Jessie is just something else he wants. He could give a damn about how who stands in his way. He may still want to do right by Jessie in her time of need but he has no time to try and make a peaceful solution. He just does what he wants.

Rick was plenty crazy when they were in the barn, when he never heard of Jessie. He was crazy when he was traveling with Aaron, or when they found Eric, or when they were talking to the guys at the gate when they entered.

But it's something that just started with Jessie because people are mad that he kissed her. That he is interested in her and some viewers wanted it to be Michonne. Some of those viewers have said since that they aren't mad at her, they feel sorry for her, that they are glad it's Jessie and not Michonne...and then this episode that went out the window.

But it's every viewers right to have their opinion. I just want the story the show wants to show and any character can kiss, kill, or drop dead in any episode.

I just want the story to play out.

Edited by HalcyonDays
  • Love 22

So, someone is bleeding to death and they're waiting for the guy to get hungry enough to help?

No, you lock him up and give him limited food and no alcohol. Sorry, but this does not seem difficult to me. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 7

There's multiple brands of crazy at work here, and they all make good points. Rick is trying to point out that ASZ is more or less a sham and they might be okay now....but if real invaders ever come or zombies actually get in none of those people are really prepared to take matters into their own hands and defend themselves. They are willing to sacrifice pretty much anyone else to save their own asses, which isn't reasonable in certain situations.

My take on Rick caring so much about Jessie is that it's the principle. Regardless that he has a hard on for her he also doesn't like the idea of her husband beating on her and the kid....even if he is the town doctor. Unfortunately he went about it in a completely terrible way, and now since he's reverted to Crazytown Rick no one is gonna take him seriously.

I want to see who's tying women to trees and carving W's (or M's) into peoples' foreheads. Darryl and Aaron seem pretty close on their tail so I am guessing (hoping) we'll see who they (I find it hard to believe it's just one person) are in the finale. Darryl's probably able to handle himself, guess we will see about Aaron.

Where was everyone else this episode? Eugene, Abraham Tara..

It was nice seeing Rosita as more of a person than a Lara Croft wannabe. That probably means she will die soon.

Guess for the finale there will be some type of side choosing and Rick will be stripped of his position. Which is probably a good thing til he gets his sanity back. If it ever comes back, because like someone else said above he's basically become the same type of people who ran Terminus. Starting out with good intentions but was wounded and damaged enough to evolve into someone who cannot trust anyone and lash out like a wild animal when provoked.

• Love 5

Thank you Michonne for taking Rick down. He was acting like a mad dog.

I have no patience for Jessie's crap. She doesn't want to leave fine - let her wallow. I don't give a F. But the communtiy should have stepped in with the kids.

Why place the newbies right next door or near Jessie and her shit?

That's a good point about the kids, for a community that's all about sustainability of society and building a future for humanity, they seem to give zero craps about the well being of the kids that this future will be built upon.

• Love 4
And she <Deanna> rejected Carol's casserole? Bitch, look at the flowers.

Christ - this made me LAUGH!! Dead on, ghoulina!!

Rosita - I swear, she had lots of lines therefore I totally thought she would be killed off this episode. I'll put money down that next episode she bites it - cause that's the trend.

Sasha is going through the exact same mental traumatic crisis that Michonne went through - in fact they even had Sasha directly address it (but incorrectly) that it's definately supposed to be a parallel. LOVE Sasha!

I swear, Walking Dead is the only show where I will literally yell or yelp out loud. When Rick was doing his crazy (albeit reality laden) speech, and Michonne comes in and whacks Rick and knocks him out. OMG!! Michonne rules.

Because Rick did come off as being an instable crazy person. Good episode..

• Love 6

Best part for me was Michonne, Rosita and Sasha kicking ass in the woods, no men in sight....no men needed.  Charlie's Angels in hell.  

Hated the Jessie/Pete crap storyline.  Hated Rick basically declaring his intentions to her.  Claimed!  Hated the fight....couldn't help but being horrified that they broke the window,  windows are important in the ZA if for no other reason than there's no glass repair guy to call.  

Loved Michonne knocking Rick out.  MichOWNED biatch.

Hate, with a passion that Daryl is out there with Aaron clueless about the W's that were also in Richmond.  Are the Aszhats clueless that the bodies Sasha is stacking up have the W's on their heads.  This is important material folks, please discuss, have a damn meeting....SOMETHING!

What did Sasha mean when she said Michonne came out fine....or however she phrased it?  That she maintained her sanity?

I was scared that Sasha was going to kill Enid in the woods.  

• Love 8

As I said, nothing made sense 'to me'. Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion.

A lot didn't make sense to me, either.  I mean, I watched the episode and obviously I could follow it, but it didn't seem entirely logical.  Rick seems too far gone, more so than makes sense in relation to what has actually happened in ASZ.  Rick's had a lot of crazy lately, but this seems too much without justification. There are many reasonable solutions for dealing with Pete, and they're all ignored.  Daryl and Aaron see a light and go to check it out-- apparently it took them many, many hours to cross that field because it was bright morning by the time they got a few hundred yards and no one was around.  Enid and Carl acknowledge they need to get out of there, which means going six feet away and standing in a hollow tree.  

Edited by Bad Example
  • Love 15

My point was that this was made all quite clear in general terms. I mean there was no subtext to these things anyway. The most important thing, as far as I saw, is that division are being drawn within our own group and within the whole town. Sides are going to have to be chosen. And with Darryl finding more of the carvers bodies, there is more danger coming their way that they will not be equipped to deal with in their current state. That's what we really need to know above all else.

• Love 1

Well, alrighty then. There's a new cop in town...and her name is Michonne. I literally said, 'WHAT. THE. FUCK?" when that happened. 

Exactly, that's one of the many things I found confusing.

• Love 5

My take on Rick caring so much about Jessie is that it's the principle. Regardless that he has a hard on for her he also doesn't like the idea of her husband beating on her and the kid....even if he is the town doctor. Unfortunately he went about it in a completely terrible way, and now since he's reverted to Crazytown Rick no one is gonna take him seriously.

This is what I want to think but she asked him if he would do it for anyone else and he said no.  We KNOW that he would do it for anyone else, so I'm putting it down to crazy talk, but I really wish he hadn't said that, it was just ridiculous to me.

• Love 9

Carl and Enid hiding in a tree....

That was some crazy there at the end! Glad it was Michonne that knocked hopefully (but not likely) some sense into Rick. I am actually happy that Carol called the abuse scenario correctly, as having her instincts proven wrong would have diminished the character IMO.

The best scene for me, though, was Michonne, Rosita, and Sasha out in the woods. Three women of color taking on a walker horde with no mention of men or children, yet we knew where they had been (well, not so much Rosita) and what brought them to this point. We'd been hit over the head to an extent with Sasha's stuff, but seeing Michonne flashing back to how she survived previously, and proving to herself that she hadn't lost her edge was an important step, which led to the final scene and her making a choice. It made me think back to Lori and Andrea, both of whom held on desperately to the idea of pre-ZA Society, who would probably be Jessies had they lived, and how the three in this episode had what it takes perhaps to actually thrive in the new world.

Lastly, the show provided us with a cautionary note for those deciding on what course to pursue in  college. Medicine or engineering is going to serve you better in the ZA than art, even art with owls.

• Love 11

Yeah, when she was yelling at Rick that she was married and he should just leave...so slutty.

Rick was plenty crazy when they were in the barn, when he never heard of Jessie. He was crazy when he was traveling with Aaron, or when they found Eric, or when they were talking to the guys at the gate when they entered.

But it's something that just started with Jessie because people are mad that he kissed her. That he is interested in her and some viewers wanted it to be Michonne. Some of those viewers have said since that they aren't mad at her, they feel sorry for her, that they are glad it's Jessie and not Michonne...and then this episode that went out the window.

But it's every viewers right to have their opinion.

Until he sleeps with Michonne, it will be pretty much like theBeth/Carol thing.

Which is how it is with many shows. It's like a CW thing with the Vampire Diaries. I just want the story the show wants to show and any character can kiss, kill, or drop dead in any episode.

I'm not saying Rick's wrong, honestly. But I do see his primary motivation as his feelings for a woman.

And just FTR, I'm not a shipper in the least. Unless you mean Daryl and Aaron. Then I'm all about it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

No, you lock him up and give him limited food and no alcohol. Sorry, but this does not seem difficult to me. 

It is not about it being difficult, but about it being effective. Dr Drunk has power because he has a very valuable skill, and he is an asshole so he might very well refuse to help people if they mess with him. That is a big risk to take considering all the dangers they are exposed to, specially when they go outside. Imagine Tara arriving with her head split open and DD refusing to help. What would they do then? Torture him to get him to help her? Deanna doesn't have the guts and it might still not work.

It is a tricky situation.

• Love 4

But it's every viewers right to have their opinion. I just want the story the show wants to show and any character can kiss, kill, or drop dead in any episode.

And it is of my own opinion that I can't stand shipping and all that crap. Then it comes to this where you are letting your enjoyment of a show be derailed over something so small and created within their own minds. I just don't know how people enjoy anything that way.

• Love 9

You know, I'm all for Michonne laying down the smackdown, but Rick wasn't wrong, the ASZhats suck as all get out. Boy, what a bunch of self-serving cowards.

In other news, I don't see Rick as crazy for Jessie, just as crazy in general, full stop. Jessie is just a symptom of the undelying issue, which is the fact that most of CDB is tissue paper people held together with string and chewing-gum, and are now tearing to shreds, because for the first time in a long while they can afford to.

They can stop and think about everything, and process what has happened to them so far. Not for nothing, but the two people who had the darkest, most traumatic experiences even BEFORE the whole cannibal shitfest were Rick and Carol, and they are the ones losing it the hardest.

Love Glenn, and Steven Yeun, who's grown so fucking much as an actor since season 1 that it's astonishing.

• Love 21

I saw the light Aaron and Daryl were going for and thought "Morgan!"

Then I saw the lady tied to the tree with her guts eaten and thought, "oh, I HOPE not Morgan!"

Whoever is out there, they scare me more than Drunk Pete, MD.

Also, Nicholas with Rick's gun! That's an unstable guy, and I'm worried for Glenn.

• Love 8

I saw the light Aaron and Daryl were going for and thought "Morgan!"

Then I saw the lady tied to the tree with her guts eaten and thought, "oh, I HOPE not Morgan!"

Whoever is out there, they scare me more than Drunk Pete, MD.

Also, Nicholas with Rick's gun! That's an unstable guy, and I'm worried for Glenn.

Yeah, I have a bad feeling that Rick's own gun is going to be the death of one of CDB next week.

• Love 9

It is not about it being difficult, but about it being effective. Dr Drunk has power because he has a very valuable skill, and he is an asshole so he might very well refuse to help people if they mess with him.

He has power because they let him have it.  He hasn't been shown to be like Ed, he's shown to be a jerk when drinking.  Jessie said he got better with counseling.  If he were sober he might be reasoned with. 

Plus someone else in Alexandria should act as his assitant and be learning something instead of planning parties.  Do they think he'll live forever? 

Hypothetical question: IF you lock up the doctor, or threaten to banish him...what happens if you are the next one on the operating table?

Hope he hasn't been drinking?  Pete seems to be drinking all the time, so he's useless anyway.

Edited by raven
  • Love 18
Hated the fight....couldn't help but being horrified that they broke the window,  windows are important in the ZA if for no other reason than there's no glass repair guy to call.

I knew it was coming, and I got so upset because that was such a cute porch, with the window perfectly centered between the chairs. Where is Pete going to be a porch dick now???

Exactly, that's one of the many things I found confusing.

For me, it's like Carol and Karvid from season 4 all over again. They're taking people out of character to serve a certain plot point they're dead set on following.

• Love 8

You know, I'm all for Michonne laying down the smackdown, but Rick wasn't wrong, the ASZhats suck as all get out. Boy, what a bunch of self-serving cowards.

In other news, I don't see Rick as crazy for Jessie, just as crazy in general, full stop. Jessie is just a symptom of the undelying issue, which is the fact that most of CDB is tissue paper people held together with string and chewing-gum, and are now tearing to shreds, because for the first time in a long while they can afford to.

They can stop and think about everything, and process what has happened to them so far. Not for nothing, but the two people who had the darkest, most traumatic experiences even BEFORE the whole cannibal shitfest were Rick and Carol, and they are the ones losing it the hardest.

Love Glenn, and Steven Yeun, who's grown so fucking much as an actor since season 1 that it's astonishing.

Glenn is a grown ass man now. I love it.

• Love 4

Also, Deanna seems to be using banishment as her "big" punishment, which is probably why she keeps most of her people weak. Keeps them afraid of not knowing how to survive. Rick's crew knows what it's like out there, and has survived walkers without the aid of metal walls and nice homes and sometimes even without cars. Banishing them really does nothing but force them to find a new place to settle down...which I'm sure they would do someplace. Even if they just went back to Atlanta. They may be tired of dealing with the walkers, but they are in no way ill equipped and oblivious about what types of danger lurks beyond the walls. Guys like Nicholas have to make shit up because he didn't actually know what to do, besides run like a pussy. So he invented a story making Glenn the bad guy, figuring Deanna would trust him over "some new guy". I'm not even sure we saw Deanna speak to Glenn or even Eugene about what happened on that run, but it's all hearsay anyway...and now Nicholas found one of Rick's guns so who knows where that will end up. Probably nowhere cos I doubt he's a decent shot even at a short range.

I'm just looking forward to a 90 minute finale. Hopefully that will draw more of this mess together.

• Love 6

I just feel like this entire story has been rushed. Yes, Rick is crazy. Yes, the safe zone is full of cowards who are pretending the world is still the same it was before the ZA.

But the events that have transpired in the Safe Zone seem rushed to me. This could have easily take an entire season to develop. I don't quite see what the rush was. I'm not asking for a season of the farm again...but it would be nice to allow some of these stories to percolate. I would be much more responsive to Rick's dilemma if it had taken longer than 4 episodes to unfold.

• Love 21
Why aren't they discussing the w's on the foreheads?

Only Daryl has seen the W's up close. Everyone else only saw it at Noah's families' community - long forgotten. We only see it because the camera zoomed in on it - but Sasha was the one who was just pegging off the Walkers - she's not paying attention to it or may not even see it clearly.

Dr Drunk has power because he has a very valuable skill, and he is an asshole so he might very well refuse to help people if they mess with him.

You know what, though. I can't help think - fine, he doesn't want to help? Make him suffer. Make him realize that OUTSIDE the walls is a worse fate then inside. You beat the wife? We beat you. There are ways to control this person in his case. Truly. I think it's indicative of the ASZers that they just let things slide to maintain their pristine "perfect" community.

Makes you wonder why that group was Exiled?? Because they were more savvy than the others?

However, the irony of this all, in TV land, is that Alexandria was quite fine WITHOUT CDB. In fact, CDB has apparently only brought the community pain and misery.

• Love 2