Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Spend

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

This thread is to discuss the the 14th episode entited Spend. This thread will open at 10:00 pm Sunday after the episode airs.

Prior to this, if you want to speculate or live post the episode, please go HERE.

Please ensure that your opinions, comments and discussions remain respectful to everyone else

For those who are not sure about the shortforms, nickname and acronyms used in these threads, we have a new handy-dandy thread that will answer your questions.

Comic talk goes HERE, but if you do have to mention something, please liberally spoiler tag. Other than that, post away!

• Love 1

FPP can die right now.  Fucking POS hypocrite. 

I really hope that the abusive husband trope turns out to be the abusive wife trope instead.  Just for something different.  Or maybe Sam is actually Damien....

I just want CDB to kill them all.

• Love 20

Another fucking great episode. I was so sure that no one from Rick's group would die. Got that wrong as hell.

War is going to break out between Rick's people and the Alexandrians. I bet that guy lies about how Aiden and Noah died. Carol is right that Rick is going to have to kill Pete.

Poor fucking Noah. What a horrible death. He was such a good guy.

Eugene did good. He surprised me.

Abraham had to take those losers in hand. Like Rick, he has an instinct for danger.

Gabriel has gone insane.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 18

WHY NOAH!! WHY!!!! I loved his character! Of course he dies, when he was to learn architecture and construction.

Of course FPP has to come up with his bloody "satan" theory - the irony being that this entire episode, "satan" was every member of Deanna's group. You stupid show - you kill Noah, but not this ungrateful coward. Please.

I think you guys called it about Pete.

Surprised Carol was that mean to Sam, though he is an irritating kid.

Glenn - I wish he put a bullet in the head of that guy. Other guy (Deanna's son) deserved it - but what a brutal way to go.

I hope Tara is okay, but man Eugene - you suddenly got some cohones.

And Abraham - is the best! And the punch that Francine gave that asshole - a thing of beauty.

Rick's group just needs to get rid of the mess in Alexandria and take over. They are the only worthy ones.

Also - WHY YOU KILL NOAH!!! BASTARDS!

• Love 18

So much drama. So much death. Noah's death was horrible. Aiden's was horrible, but deserved.

The people who stand and fight are horrible people, and the good guys are the ones who run away.

Father Gabriel pisses me off. Of course, all Maggie has to do is tell Deanna that Father Gabriel locked all his people outside of the church and let them die. Of course, in the ASZhats twisted minds, that was the proper course of action.

OK, that was mean. Francine and the foreman who resigned, they would hate Father Gabriel.

I liked the idea that the Camp Dinner Bell people lead by example. They're just natural leaders.

• Love 9

Geez Carol! Let's just kill everybody.

I'm down. Arsenic for all!!!

Except the main Grimes crew, of course.

Those ASZ people are totally delusional, and I am really wondering who Deanna actually is.

Also, where the hell is Morgan?!

• Love 6

All of CDB is exibiting their PTSD in a different way.  FPP just sounds unhinged.  He's kind of right but he's also a huge hypocrite.  Dr. Creepy really just should have let Carol in.  Can't wait to see the backstory on that, and what exactly the deal with Madame Governor really is.

• Love 1

Ok for real though. I am so so sad about Noah. I had really come to like him.

Stupid lousy Alexandrians. Your so lame your even making freaking Eugene have to step up and be tough. 

Poor Glenn. 

I totally called Jessie`s husband being abusive. So now Rick can the hero and save poor, helpless Jessie. Great.

Screw you, Father. Screw you. 

• Love 7

I really hated Eugene before, but I like the baby steps of redemption for him. The same goes for Abe too, I really him stepping up at the construction site.

Poor Noah. Poor Glenn, I don't know how he could have watched Noah dying. That damn revolving door. They should have known with having the Alexandrian in the other side, they should have let him die.

I can't wait to see Maggie talk to Rick. I think it's interesting that Maggie is the one who heard Gabriel go right off his rocker, bc she was the witness to Gabriel throwing his collar in the fire.

• Love 5

Spoiler about Morgan for this season:

Morgan joins the group this season confirmed.

Edited by HalcyonDays
Added spoiler tags for possible spoiler. Added sentence prefacing spoiler.
  • Love 6

After this episode, I am all for Rick taking this place. Most of the Alexandrians need to die before they abandon and kill any more people. They are a more benign version of the Woodbury.

• Love 8

So they kill off Noah and make the only other black man left a psycho and a traitor. Why am I not surprised.  That said the priest does have a point. Rick and crew are dangerous and wherever they go a dark cloud follows. ASZ ain’t gone be safe for long.  Glad Maggie overheard his confession though and will hopefully warn the others.

We didn’t get much time to know Noah, but the little time we did get with him I was really starting to like him. I think he could've been a real asset had he not died. His shot had gotten pretty good and his head was in the right place. Very smart of him to want to learn from the senator's husband about infrastructure and how to build and protect the community.  Which makes it even more so sad that he died. I’m glad that Glenn left that coward, don’t know his name, at the warehouse. His ass should’ve been torn apart by zombies.

I hate the storyline with Rick/Jessie and now Carol acting like Lady Macbeth.  If she thinks Jessie’s husband needs to die why don’t she kill him? Why put that on Rick?

The Alexandrians really are a bunch of cowards, save for maybe Aaron and his boyfriend. No wonder they’ve been having to recruit more folks because as time went on the cowardice of this group have likely been getting what few good runners they had killed or left for dead.

No Michonne this week? Not liking that either.

The senator is not going to be happy to hear that her son died and only people from Rick’s crew returned from the run. Her fears are being further realized.

The senator's son being eating alive, literally while he screamed in horror as was Noah's death literally being torn apart,  goes down as the worst.deaths.ever. on this show, and both were pretty damn gross too.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 10

What a hugely uneven show this is becoming.

Everything with Rick, Jessie (who for the third straight episode still has no identity outside of Rick) and her creepy husband, who comes right out of bad USA Network TV movies from 20 years ago - it just sucks. Rick's motivation are as vague to me as ever, I find it more than a little insulting that Jessie is truly just an object for Rick to "save" - a breathing version of those damn owl statues). And it feels like Carol's involvement in this story is a cover, in some sense, for Rick's obsessiveness. Rick has to get involved - Pete's abusive!

It's just a waste of Melissa McBride to have Carol stuck doing this for an episode, and I almost dread watching Rick scenes at this point, which is sad, as he was one of my favorite characters.

And Andrew Lincoln continues to have no chemistry that I could see with the woman who plays Jessie, in spite of this being such a huge life-altering connection that makes him feel for the first time since Lori, blah blah blah.

Everything else, other than the rushed, forced scene of Gabriel going on and on and on about evil heathens (which was overwritten and felt endless), worked for me. 

I was more involved in Abraham's drama than I ever thought I would be. Are they finally getting a handle on this character? I also liked Francine a lot.

Eugene's believable heroics, the glimpses of Tara's humor and heart before her injury, Glenn trying his best to lead only to be horribly betrayed, and poor poor Noah (I will never get over that) - this worked beautifully. And while it's lazy writing to say that Alexandria can't survive without the group, it also makes an odd sort of sense, given how pampered they've been.

Glenn watching Noah die - one of the best acting moments in 5 seasons of this show. Bravo, Steven Yeun!

I also have to praise Tovah Feldshuh for doing so much with a look or a line reading. I don't really like Deanna very much - I think she's deluded and sheltered and a poor leader - but I can understand her, which I rarely do with "leader" figures on this show.

If we get another episode like this I'm going to start hoping Rick just wanders off my screen for a good long while.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 16

Oh Gabriel, you lying bastard.

Hate these ASZ morons, Nicholas got poor Noah killed.

While Glenn is forced to watch him get ripped apart.

Mullets stepped up tonight, good for him.

LOL @ Francine punching Tobin in the face, they had NFTG about her.

• Love 7

Did anyone else hear a  man screaming after Gabriel left the Senators house and she stood there?  I swear I heard a man screaming but it could've been my roommates TV.  LOL

No it wasn't your roommate.  It was Glenn pulling up in the van.

• Love 5

Did anyone else hear a  man screaming after Gabriel left the Senators house and she stood there?  I swear I heard a man screaming but it could've been my roommates TV.  LOL

I heard a scream and figured it was Eugene & Co. returning with the news.

• Love 4

No, I heard it. I took it as Glenn screaming for help, after they got back.

• Love 4

I fucking hate Father Gabreiel.

I don't even hope he dies, I just hope he gets left behind someplace to fend for himself.

I hope he is locked in solitary confinement and given just enough to survive, but is left with with a backpack, some weapons, and a key he could use to unlock himself and set out on his own. Coward's choice.

• Love 2

Yay for Eugene. Sympathies with Glenn. Poor Noah!

There was a lot thrown at us tonight. These Alexandrites are a bunch of cowards. First sign of trouble and they run. How have they lasted this long?

Gabriel is a crazy ungrateful piece of garbage. So his sad sack, regretful demeanor was just an act?

Carol telling Rick to kill Dr Pete was all sorts of creepy. Along with Rick twisting his ring.

• Love 5

Geez Carol! Let's just kill everybody.

Kill 'em all!  let god sort out the rest!     Carol certainly is one complex character.

For the first time, I liked Abraham and Eugene.

• Love 6