Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

First, those windows are way too low. Google says the standard height of a bay window is 3 - 6 feet. Judging from the dude on the ladder, this one is around 4', and looks about a foot off the ground. Add in, even a low profile floor, the top off the window would be around 5' from the ground. Maybe I'm wrong and its a 6' window, but it doesn't appear to be.

And it looks like Nurie is still in the camper, so they must not have moved yet.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

65D295F3-7B6D-43FD-867E-506D8BB33CE1.jpeg

7A1082DC-C171-44C1-9A5A-E836D528C066.jpeg

I get being there for the birth of your first grandchild. My mom was at the hospital when I had my son.... not in the delivery room of course! But this is Jill and it will be all about her and a circus. 

• Love 6

Ok I'm not a contractor but holy crap they framed that place all wrong. Good strong wind and that wall and window is coming down. (I do watch HGTV so I know stuff. But if I had just eaten at the good Olive Garden, I'd know more)

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, scriggle said:

I keep looking at the gap in the metal siding. That addition is going to be drafty. I don't know what building codes are like in Ohio but that addition would never pass inspection in MA,

You're assuming they'd get an inspection in the first place. If they didn't bother with permits, and if they don't get caught building, then as far as they're concerned, it's all good. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And it looks like Nurie is still in the camper, so they must not have moved yet.

Definitely looks like they are still in the RV. Their closing on the small house they bought was back in late June or maybe July. Wonder if they are waiting for  JillR to come and decorate before they move. 

23 minutes ago, Heathen said:

You're assuming they'd get an inspection in the first place. If they didn't bother with permits, and if they don't get caught building, then as far as they're concerned, it's all good. 

The Amish builders aren't going to rat the Rods out. If the window falls out, or the siding blows off, there's no warranty either. Now I'm wondering if the builders really are Amish craftsmen, or if that's just Jill's fantasy. 

Did the eight-day addition creation happen before the trip to Texas or after? Or was there a month-long delay in the middle? 

• Love 6
Just now, BradandJanet said:

The Amish builders aren't going to rat the Rods out. If the window falls out, or the siding blows off, there's no warranty either. Now I'm wondering if the builders really are Amish craftsmen, or if that's just Jill's fantasy. 

Did the eight-day addition creation happen before the trip to Texas or after? Or was there a month-long delay in the middle? 

JillR’s posting is wonky sometimes with timeline. It seemed like the Amish were framing before the Texas trip and then nothing else happened until Hunk and his crew got going. JillR was too busy with Kaylee courtship and her Plexus posts to film/post the addition stuff. Maybe an inspection had to happen before they could start electrical work, lol who am I kidding?

• Useful 2

Re-hospitals. It's Florida I'm not Jill will have trouble being there for the birth. Also @iwantcookies suggested watching the birth from the hospital. This has been done. Kelly Bates and Erin? watched another sister give birth, but I can't remember which one. It was during the Pandemic so that doesn't narrow it down much.

17 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Re-hospitals. It's Florida I'm not Jill will have trouble being there for the birth. Also @iwantcookies suggested watching the birth from the hospital. This has been done. Kelly Bates and Erin? watched another sister give birth, but I can't remember which one. It was during the Pandemic so that doesn't narrow it down much.

Even in Florida, it appears that many hospitals are following COVID rules for visitors.  Most are not allowing any visitors under the age of 18, no matter what.  Most inpatients, if they are COVID negative, can have two designated visitors during their stay.  Obviously, Nathan would be one, and I think we can all guess who will rush down there to be the other designated visitor.

It seems to differ from hospital to hospital as to whether both designated visitors can be present at the birth, but I think we all know that Jill will be shrieking about being persecuted for being Best Mama Evah! if she isn't allowed to stand right next to the midwife and film the whole thing.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7

I think some, like Joy, bypass the visitor rule by assigning a family member the title of Doula.

Most hospitals in my area allow just the partner, in the room, and as the sole visitor. But they also send the new mom and baby home as soon as they can. Also, of the handful a births that happened in my circle of friends in the last year, only one new mom wanted visitors. They rest felt the less folks around their newborn, the better.

Then there's Jessa, who gave birth in an AR hospital. It seems there were little to no restrictions on visitors. At one point, she had Ben, the three kids, JB and M visiting her.

I hope for Nurie's sake she can have JillR there. She seems like the type who would want that.

• Useful 2

Jill R will shove her phone up Nuris skirt to film the birth

(shudders)

Hope Nuri wants that !

11 hours ago, JoanArc said:

How are they paying for this addition?

Stimulus $, child credit stimulus $, donations 

I’m 100% sure Jill and HUNK didn’t spend $1 of their own $. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

(shudders)

Hope Nuri wants that !

Will Nurie just give her simpering giggle and smile while in labor? Or will she tell BME to get the heck away from her?

• LOL 8
16 minutes ago, Insert Username said:

ETA: I think the bay window is so low because she wants to use it as a window seat (so that she can post photos of herself studying her bible there) However, there is on underneath support nor is it securely in the framing, so that window is going to pull out of the wall the first time she plants her fat ass on that sill.

Bet she won't post a picture of that! 

• LOL 17
1 hour ago, Insert Username said:

That addition looks like garbage - I'm sure that they had the Amish crew do the bare minimum of framing

Jill probably paid the absolute minimum for the addition since Hunk can do the rest.  In my area Amish crews build a lot of stables and indoor arenas.  The work is top notch.  It is not cheap.  You get what you pay for.  

The addition looks like a barn.  Maybe the Amish workers missed the "do" in barndo and just built a cow shed.

As an artist, I would love to find a barndo in the country side.  Lots of work and studio space.  There are only 2, sometimes 3, of us.  We wouldn't have to turn it into a warren of rickety rooms.  It would be a nice home.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

(shudders)

Hope Nuri wants that !

Stimulus $, child credit stimulus $, donations 

I’m 100% sure Jill and HUNK didn’t spend $1 of their own $. 

I’m sure that includes Tim and Kaylee’s (adult kids) stimulus checks, too.

• Love 2

Did Jill hire some Not Amish to do the windows and maybe the siding? I hope Hunk didn't put up the siding. He is so busy printing millions of Bible tracts he can't spare the time to do finish work correctly, assuming he knows what correct is. 

Jill plans to have all this done by Thanksgiving. Assuming the group spends a month in Florida tormenting Nathan, that doesn't leave a lot of time to finish. 

Is part of the red roof missing? 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Did Jill hire some Not Amish to do the windows and maybe the siding? I hope Hunk didn't put up the siding. He is so busy printing millions of Bible tracts he can't spare the time to do finish work correctly, assuming he knows what correct is. 

Jill plans to have all this done by Thanksgiving. Assuming the group spends a month in Florida tormenting Nathan, that doesn't leave a lot of time to finish. 

Is part of the red roof missing? 

Where will they stay in Florida for a month? Lucky for Nurie and Nathan, they don’t have the space for them.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Where will they stay in Florida for a month? Lucky for Nurie and Nathan, they don’t have the space for them.

One reason not to move. However, the Rods can take the RV and sleep there.

Jill could fly down by herself, but I can't imagine she wouldn't want to take everyone with her. The Jill Show needs a full cast. 

• Love 7
Just now, BradandJanet said:

One reason not to move. However, the Rods can take the RV and sleep there.

Jill could fly down by herself, but I can't imagine she wouldn't want to take everyone with her. The Jill Show needs a full cast. 

I’m sure the whole clan will show up. But what about David’s super busy work schedule? 🤣

• LOL 15
23 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

What are the chances that Nathan stands up to his mother-in-law and prevents her and her sideshow circus from cramming into the trailer to put their germy hands and faces all over his new baby and exhausted wife? 

None, he knows Nurie couldn't deal with her mother's wrath which would surely come down upon them if they refused to allow the Rods to invade.

25 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

What are the chances that Nathan stands up to his mother-in-law and prevents her and her sideshow circus from cramming into the trailer to put their germy hands and faces all over his new baby and exhausted wife? 

Probably none now, but maybe after a couple more kids.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Stink bus for the kids. Ma and pa might go to a hotel or get someone to host them. Or they might stay with Nurthan. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

Stink bus for the kids. Ma and pa might go to a hotel or get someone to host them. Or they might stay with Nurthan. 

I can imagine JillR kicking them out of their bed due to Hunk's bad back or some other made up excuse. She's monstrously selfish!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

0%

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I wonder if Nurie will have a home birth

I just hope Nurie has a SAFE birth. As in a hospital. And JillRod is far, far away when she goes into labor and gives birth so no iPhone is stuffed up her, um, skirt. But, I just hope she has a safe and healthy birth. 

• Love 19
22 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Ok I'm not a contractor but holy crap they framed that place all wrong. Good strong wind and that wall and window is coming down. (I do watch HGTV so I know stuff. But if I had just eaten at the good Olive Garden, I'd know more)

I know, really? The only STUD (ie, large vertical anchoring beams along the walls about every 3-4 feet) in that addition will be Jill’s perceived stud of a husband. That thing looks super flimsy.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I’m sure that includes Tim and Kaylee’s (adult kids) stimulus checks, too.

I guarantee it, and she’s most likely charging Timothy monthly rent to live in the camper.  There’s no low too low for BME.  It doesn’t faze her to screw over her own offspring.

• Love 6