Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

seems the mob of kids also got asked to leave a game room at a KOA several years back,

I don;t think they are vacation camping, this was a stopover on a grifting trip. destination unknown

They're all grifting trips, they don't take 'real' vacations; except when Chubby whisks Jill away to a resort for a weekend without the kids.  Even when they all had to accompany Tim to Washington state to go to Moody; they had a bunch of appearances lined up to sing and preach at various churches all along the route.  There were tons of photos of them eating in the parish hall or stopping at the Hometown Buffet with the godly Pastors who hosted their visits.  No doubt, they passed the hat around, begging for donations at each stop.

This trip is supposed to be to New York state for a similar appearance at a church.  It is kinda cold up here right now, 60's during the day and 50's at night and we've had some rain, too, which makes the lack of shoes on the kids seem particularly dumb.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Nice picture of Nurie.  She looks a lot better with less makeup.  Mama's eating her heart out over that car.

Her mother's selfie?  Shudder.  Such sluttish makeup.  Yeah, where's papa on this lovely walk?  Back at camp feeding his face?

I think it is sweet he got her flowers. He seems to really love her and treat her nice. 

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I think it is sweet he got her flowers. He seems to really love her and treat her nice. 

I am sure Jill is upset because Nathan didn't send her flowers for being the most wonderful Mama in law ever.

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
On 9/29/2020 at 3:03 PM, Temperance said:

The Bontragers held their annual family. It was well-attended with little to no social distancing. And some of the Duggars made the pictures. 
Bontrager Family Camp

This camp would be my nightmare in so many ways but I can see why the tweens and teens would love it. The kids seem to have some semblance of freedom to socialize and there was a good number of them there. I wonder how many marriages have come out of these family camps. 

• Love 8

Ha, ha. Nurie and Nathan are doing better than Jill in the way that Jill admires most--material possessions. It must be driving Jill crazy that Nurie is living a dream right now. I hope the couple waits to have kids and enjoys their new life together. 

Love Jill's ironic choice of a Victoria's Secret Pink tee. It's a favorite of purple-haired, hell-destined teen moms across the US. /s 

The poor Rod kids are disturbing with their forced robo-smiles whenever Witch Mama pulls out her camera and calls for attention. Jill's voice is absolutely frightening. 

• Love 19

What are the "beauties" of which she speaks in that last pic? Her teeth? Because that seems to be the main subject matter -- not her children who appear as blurry, ghostly apparitions looming in the background.

She always, always has to be the center of attention. I am also assuming that she forbade Nurie to have her own social media presence because it would be one less thing for her to collect clicks about.

I also love how she HAD to mention the car was purchased "debt free." How Dugger-ly of her to use that phrase. 

So, it appears that the Rods ended up in Vermont. On Tuesday night, they entertained a church with squalling and David's "preaching." David added that they had spent $30k on the remodel of the barndo, $17k of which was donated. They are now "praying" for the funds to build a dedicated living room. 

I wonder how generous the handouts were that night?

Edited by emmawoodhouse
13 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

So, it appears that the Rods ended up in Vermont. On Tuesday night, they entertained a church with squalling and David's "preaching." David added that they had spent $30kbon the remodel of the barndo, $17k of which was donated. They are now "praying" for the funds to build a dedicated living room. 

That is really low for the amount of work he supposedly did.  Building materials are not cheap, I wonder how many corners he cut in the process.  

The fact that the grifted the money doesn't surprise me.  

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

that people keep giving them money, sides of beef, paying for the silly women's conference astounds me

Astounds me too. I guess this explains how they've had the money to marry and mourn Nurie.

I wonder if there's more space in the shop for the living room. That tiny laundry/piano/living/boiler room doesn't feel very big. 

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Astounds me too. I guess this explains how they've had the money to marry and mourn Nurie.

I wonder if there's more space in the shop for the living room. That tiny laundry/piano/living/boiler room doesn't feel very big. 

No, they're maxed out. Shrek was  talking about building a new addition.

• Useful 3
6 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

So, it appears that the Rods ended up in Vermont. On Tuesday night, they entertained a church with squalling and David's "preaching." David added that they had spent $30k on the remodel of the barndo, $17k of which was donated. They are now "praying" for the funds to build a dedicated living room. 

O. M. G.  They truly don’t have one iota of shame.

• Love 15
40 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Two hours?! Holy hell, why would anyone watch something that long? And you know Jill is in 99% of the footage, her terrifying mug on full display. 

IDK, I don’t even watch the dull as dishwater Duggar weddings. I can’t imagine watching more than 5 min of Jill and family.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Two hours? Oh my gawd...

I can’t imagine a two hour video of my wedding. The delusion is strong with Jill. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 7

So the N&N Wedding is finally being uploaded for public consumption.  I would be the the Barndo that Jill has been hawking it around everywhere to find a buyer, sponsors, some/any sort money for the most Fundy of modest Fundy weddings.  When she couldn’t get (con) any takers, she had to get it out there before any baby announcement would make it old news, or another Fundy wedding overshadowed it.  I imagine she will spin it so that “love offerings” can still be made even so long after the event due to the financial stress putting on such a Jesus honouring wedding had on them.  She will find a way to try to get some money some how.

From a pure voyeuristic point of view I would love to see the whole shebang and have a party for myself while doing so (wine, nibbles, cakes etc).  But I would have to watch it on at least time and and a half speed, or double time  to get through it.  (I do this for work meetings I can’t attend and have been recorded on WebEx.  1.5 speed is best as I can still understand what is being said.  I do slow it back to normal for the really important stuff).  Don’t  know if this can be done on YouTube though.  Make just have to skip ahead and get some highlights.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Scheduled to go public? Who besides a Kardashian says that? 

At first glance, the picture of N2 kissing looked awkward. At first I chalked it up to newbies. But at the risk of sounding like a JillR, Nurie seems to be taking the masculine role in that kiss.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4