Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

When Jill took the boys for a hike and ice cream like a week ago for their special time together did anyone think she was a single mom? does anyone ever see her and the daughters out and think she is the grandma and Nurie or one of the not Nuries is Janessa's mother? one of them is shown holding Janessa in almost every pic.

jilly is quick to project her opinion onto others when she herself is shown do the same type things

That's why I keep contending that she's a lazy thinker. She has absolutely zero critical thinking skills.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Why would Jill assume women shopping together is indicative of a dysfunctional family? Most men work. She's really a unique brand of ignorant.

And, no matter what anyone's work schedule might be, husbands and wives are not joined at the hip and there is no need for them to spend every waking moment together.  There is also no reason why one of them might spend time with family or friends apart from their spouse.  Just because a husband doesn't go to the mall with his wife and kids does not mean they don't have a perfectly normal, functional family.

Even in a completely messed up, dysfunctional family like the Rods, we see Jill doing stuff with her kids and the Dingi without her husband being present.  

• Love 15

My parents were married for over 56 years. I don’t think my dad ever went shopping with my mom. Shopping just wasn’t his thing. My brother-in-law, on the other hand, seems to love shopping more than my sister. But he doesn’t do much grocery shopping. 

Jill’s an idiot. 

• Love 17
On 9/27/2020 at 5:48 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I think she meant that children should arrive after a couple gets married and follow behind their parents obediently. 

Oh my mother was born after her parents got married ,all right . She was just  very early  but obviously also very healthy . 

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes. And the boy in shorts, the mom with bare shoulders and the dad with too many buttons undone. It looks like a Gothard test for eye traps.

She not only has bare shoulders, but that V-neck on her dress!! It's very low cut. An eye trap indeed. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

During a Bates show a few weeks back Kelly was talking about taking covid seriously, although it seems three of her boys were in Arkansas. It appeared to be filmed in March or April.

In May/June Kelley and Gil, their younger kids and Carlin's family went to FL and saw Alyssa's family over Memorial Day weekend. About three weeks later, on Father's Day, they film as if they've all been hunkered down and isolating because of covid.

Do they really think no one is paying attention? Same as the Duggars. Jessa films her family's lockdown and then goes to the TTH and appears with JB & M for Pecan-man's Fundy function.

In my opinion, having millions of followers comes with some responsibility. They're all a bunch of selfish assholes for disregarding covid and not setting an example of safety on SM.

JillR on the other hand is just a stupid idiot.

• Love 22

Jill is mad about grandmothers with their grandchildren, because she's headed towards the grandmother stage of life.  She doesn't want to be a grandma, because grandmas are old. She's young, vital and fertile in her mind. She's headed towards a new season of life.  

She likes to see the whole family together, because she's still upset Nurie left. She likes to see men with the women, but most of her sons are teenagers who will be moving on soon. 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Jill is mad about grandmothers with their grandchildren, because she's headed towards the grandmother stage of life.  She doesn't want to be a grandma, because grandmas are old. She's young, vital and fertile in her mind. She's headed towards a new season of life.  

She likes to see the whole family together, because she's still upset Nurie left. She likes to see men with the women, but most of her sons are teenagers who will be moving on soon. 

Where are they going to go? TimBits left and then got reeled back rather quickly. Those boys are not going anywhere.

• Love 3
Just now, Westiepeach said:

Where are they going to go? TimBits left and then got reeled back rather quickly. Those boys are not going anywhere.

they are all going to be stuck working for timbits' godly handyman business for a while

• Love 5

what I really think Jill doesn't get about grandparents and kids in stores or whatever is that most people want some relationship with a child or grandchild. So they do things with them and have a relationship with them. Learn what they like or don't like. plan activities with them etc. I learned a lot shopping with the grands. We looked at things that interested them. Monster trucks, sewing kits, sports equipment, what videos they liked. We didn't usually buy the stuff but it was a way to connect with them. to hear what they liked and have them talk about their interests.

for fundies it is all about the numbers, we have this many kids, this many grandchildren. Did this with all the boys, did this all the girls. did this with the littles and so on. doesn't matter if the kids were interested or not because they do not see their children or grandchildren as individuals.  then all their silly man made rules. It's crazy

• Love 20

Are all these ladies going to get together and bad mouth single parents and the LGBTQ community to make themselves feel superior? Its almost like JillR's life is meaningless unless she's comparing herself to others who don't live and believe as she does. 

Has she ever stopped to think that maybe folks living what she considerers non-traditional lives may be awesome, lovely folks? Maybe even God fearing like her?

Jill seems to be a miserably angry woman who is very unsatisfied with her lot in life.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill is terrified at the prospect of becoming a grandma. 

And her writing continues to baffle. "Mailed in the mail?" Okay then...

No way would I go to this and hear them preach like they're better than me

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Eh, I am considering gaining 50 pounds, dying my hair blue, getting tattoos and pushing my way to a front row seat. I am channeling my inner bitch. Anyone with me?

Its been a really tough year. I'm in! 🧞‍♀️

• LOL 9

Come on Jill , make that fat Lady with blue hair your next ministry goal . Isn't that what your doing , leading lost sheep back to  the Lord or is this woman too far gone off the beaten path ? Jesus would try to save her .You want to be like Jesus , don't you . 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill is terrified at the prospect of becoming a grandma. 

And her writing continues to baffle. "Mailed in the mail?" Okay then...

The amount of grammatical errors on the postcard make my head spin.  I have the urge to pull out a red marker and fix them all.

• LOL 6
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, luvbadtv said:

The amount of grammatical errors on the postcard make my head spin.  I have the urge to pull out a red marker and fix them all.

Thank you a thousand times. That card needs both an editor and a proofreader to make it coherent. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Thank you a thousand times. That card needs both an editor and a proofreader to make it coherent. 

And a professional graphic designer! "Ministry Wives" printed across the fold in ribbon looks so bad.

Edited by Triple P
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, MichaelaRae said:

Aaaand, I think we just figured out why Jilly's so darn angry at the fatsloppy blue haired granny - methinks Jill tried to get her to walk with the Lord godbother her and got told in no uncertain terms to get bent.

I totally believe that!

If I saw crazy eyes Jill and the hoard of starving kids coming toward me I would run. 

• Love 5

Jill's rant about families is very weird. I'm a married mother of four, and I teach at a Christian school. I'm often out with the kids without my husband because my hours are essentially the same as theirs, while their dad's work varies and right now he's on a two-week business trip. I was raised by a widowed mom of four, as well - who is also a very conservative Christian. By Jill's standard, we aren't the right kind of families?

It reminds me a bit of a time I was at the mall with my in-laws. I was very visibly pregnant with my second child and pushing my toddler in his stroller. My mother-in-law got a table for us in the food court while my father-in-law and I got food and drinks. Apparently, she heard some older ladies making snide remarks because they thought he and I were a couple, until they saw us join my son and her (mother-in-law) at the table and heard us referring to my in-laws and "grandma" and "grandpa".

It was all pretty ridiculous,  because I was in my 30s and they were in their 50s, so even if the judgmental ladies had been right about who was with whom, there wouldn't have been anything wrong with it.

• Love 23
14 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

Wow!  Those breakout sessions!  Ministry wives. Widows. Mothers. Teens. I wonder which group she’d put someone like Jana Dugger?  Or the Malley girls before they got married?  Or Stephenovah’s daughters?  

Apparently, old maids aren't welcome. ☹️

• LOL 6
  • Love 11

Does Jill think she's some kind of celebrity?  Like, even the ladies who would go to that event would CARE who she is enough to be excited to meet people related to her?  And why is SHE not speaking or teaching at this event in that case?

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Does Jill think she's some kind of celebrity?  Like, even the ladies who would go to that event would CARE who she is enough to be excited to meet people related to her?  And why is SHE not speaking or teaching at this event in that case?

I think Jill will write Kaylee speech and tell her what to talk about. Jill will control the content for Kaylee.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Jill is hosting the event.  Don't worry, she will spend more time talking than all of the speakers put together.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Will Jill correct (and Kaylee) if she goes off-script? 

I'm sure Kaylee's vocabulary is limited to Fundy speak. So even if she goes off script, it won't be off script.

But... I can imagine Jill standing in the aisle like a stage mom, mouthing the words and gesturing her hands in a smile motion, as Kaylee is at the podium.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
Just now, GeeGolly said:

I'm sure Kaylee's vocabulary is limited to Fundy speak. So even if she goes off script, it won't be off script.

But... I can imagine Jill standing in the aisle like a stage mom, mouthing the words and gesturing her hands in a smile motion, as Kaylee is at the podium.

And it will probably be mostly about how Jill is such a loving and wonderful mother... blah, blah, blah....

• LOL 8
43 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I can dye my hair pink, I'm already more than 50 lbs overweight.  We can go together, wearing jeans and sluttish tops and tell her we're lesbian life partners.

I’m in!

1 hour ago, Triple P said:

And a professional graphic designer! "Ministry Wives" printed across the fold in ribbon look so bad.

Hmmm... professional graphic designer... who do we know that is a professional graphic designer... oh wait! Me!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I can dye my hair pink, I'm already more than 50 lbs overweight.  We can go together, wearing jeans and sluttish tops and tell her we're lesbian life partners.

1) Wear masks.

2) Video everything.

3) Do try to engage Jill in a Biblical knowledge throwdown. My money says you would kick her ass...she’s a whole lot more about thumping it than reading or living it.

You are my heroes...

• LOL 6
  • Love 14