Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The “EW!” post:

952A1A97-88BE-493B-A014-C11DE6A723DE.jpeg

Jill should look up the definition of “ew”, and post a selfie, IMO.

That's a little rude.  If you don't like the food, fine but there's no need to publicly make those type of comments.

• Love 24
50 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The “EW!” post:

952A1A97-88BE-493B-A014-C11DE6A723DE.jpeg

Jill should look up the definition of “ew”, and post a selfie, IMO.

What a rude fucking bitch. She’s never made anything remotely appetising. Her face is an anorectic. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 16

The people who were hosting them, prepared them a meal. Maybe it cost them money or food they don't have a lot of. They wanted to show the visitors a measure of respect as their guests. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 24
10 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

It still bothers me that some of Pris’ nephews have their heads shaved and some don’t. I really hope it was something like lice rather than a humiliating punishment. I have no faith in the child rearing and nurturing abilities of these people. 

I hope it's a personal choice or lice. I could also see some enjoying less hair in a warm climate like Africa. Still hats would be a good idea to prevent skin caner.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

also regarding David and Nurie's trip

david posted this in may 2018. also there is a 4 minute video on youtube - it is the usual missioncation white savior/tourist pics.

"i would like to give a praise for the folks we have seen saved in our travels the last few months. I was personally able to lead a lady to the Lord in Botswana, Africa during our missions trip. Praise the Lord!! We have seen several folks make professions of faith in our revival services and missions conferences the last few months. Phillip and Timothy were both privileged to lead folks to Christ during our missions conference at New Testament Baptist Church this year. It is a blessing to see our children grow and be excited about serving God.

Our missions trip to Botswana, Africa was a wonderful experience and a tremendous opportunity for both Nurie and myself. Nurie’s good friend Jasmine Cady also went with us. We were able to hand out a few thousand pieces of literature while there. We gave out John and Romans as well as New Testaments. We were able to spend time out in the streets, at the Combe stops, and in the schools. We also went door to door and shared the Gospel with several folks. Pray for missionary Mike and Cindy Haley. They are doing a great work there! I would recommend visiting them in Botswana, Africa if you are interested in a missions trip for your Church. Most folks speak English and are widely open to a clear presentation of the Gospel. We were able to speak freely and had the liberty to propagate the Gospel almost anywhere we went. "

I didn't know Shrek was allowed to speak.  Well, Golly Gee Willikers!  (BTW, don't look up that phrase in the Urban Dictionary).  

After reading this, I'm not sure where exactly Botswana is.  Perhaps he should be more succinct in his descriptions.  And propagate?  Try harassing.  There's a big difference asshole.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe, but there are Christians and there are Rodrigues Christians. Only one kind is going to heaven. 

As long as they're not letting in those pesky Rodriguez with a z Christians.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

looking into the Haleys and their group BIMI ministries (baptist international ministires Inc)

no trips to Botswana this year, but for $3,000 you can go be a god botherer at the olympics in Japan. they are also asking for extra funds for tracts and gospel fans to hand out...

Those missionaries won't go over too well in Japan.  In the 1500's, when missionaries showed up there, they were quickly shown the door (and worse!),  especially after the Japanese were told nude bathing in mixed company was bad.  The Japanese have a centuries old tradition of bathing in the many hotsprings.

Only 1% of the Japanese are Christian, and those tend to also follow Shinto and Bhuddist traditions.

Edited by louannems
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Narcissists gonna narcissist (ie: Jill is gonna Jill).

Well, JD flies planes, so Tim had to be a pilot.

The oldest Duggar child married a Keller child, so Jill made sure her oldest child became acquainted with (and engaged to) an available Keller child. 

Middle-aged Michelle had Miracle Josie and middle-aged Jill had Miracle Janessa. 

Jinger was the "photographer" of the Duggar family, so (andKaylee) is the photographer of the Rod family.  

I'm waiting to see which Rodlet will be the "midwife," which will be the "house flipper," which will want to be a "preaching mechanic for the Lord," which will try to run for public office, and which will be the one into redecorating everything with shiplap. 

Or which one will run a car lot,or get a real estate license.LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

the rodriguii had a visit with the Plath family sort of.

most awkward pics of the not Nuries. How exciting  the young women played Uno....

https://www.instagram.com/rodriguesfamilyservingjesus/?hl=en

"Last Friday night, we were excited to travel to Hosanna (Plath) Noble's Grandmother (in laws) LOVELY home to do Lilla Rose, Fellowship, and visit with these dear friends! 😁❤ Lydia and Isaac Plath were up from Georgia for a visit to Hosanna. We love these precious friends of ours! 😍😍"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
10 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

There is some SERIOUS frump going on in those photos.  It makes Michaela Bates look positively sexy by comparison.

Seriously. That 5th picture looks like it was actually taken in 1950.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I bet Jill stole that Friends logo without knowing its source. Or as Chandler Bing would say, "Do you even KNOW where that came from?" 😂

Before that, the picture had a caption of "Breast Friends Forever". 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

not sure how old the not Nuries are but Micah Plath is 17 or 18 and a farmer "raising beef cows"

maybe Jill has her sights directed that way now that she has Nurie attached to the Kellers.

Pure speculation on my part of course

• Useful 4
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

not sure how old the not Nuries are but Micah Plath is 17 or 18 and a farmer "raising beef cows"

maybe Jill has her sights directed that way now that she has Nurie attached to the Kellers.

Pure speculation on my part of course

I think Ethan, Moriah and Micah are the sinner Plaths who go bowling, eat sugar and play secular music with Ethan’s sinner wife. One of the plot lines on their reality show was that Micah was trying to become a model. I think that would make Jill’s head explode.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I think Ethan, Moriah and Micah are the sinner Plaths who go bowling, eat sugar and play secular music with Ethan’s sinner wife. One of the plot lines on their reality show was that Micah was trying to become a model. I think that would make Jill’s head explode.

but if she could get one of the not Nuries on a TV show...

• Love 8

most awkward pics of the not Nuries. How exciting  the young women played Uno....

"Last Friday night, we were excited to travel to Hosanna (Plath) Noble's Grandmother (in laws) LOVELY home to do Lilla Rose, Fellowship, and visit with these dear friends! 😁❤ Lydia and Isaac Plath were up from Georgia for a visit to Hosanna. We love these precious friends of ours! 😍😍"

1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

JillR only hangs with the good Plaths, just like she only goes to the good Olive Garden.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

but if she could get one of the not Nuries on a TV show...

Ohhh...I see what you’re saying. In a very special episode, the not Nuries go a courtin’ the little sinner Plath boy under the premise of saving his soul, kind of like a Fundie Three’s Company. ‘Come and knock on our door. We’ve got hatred for you.’ When they can’t get through to him and his soul seems destined for Hellville, their special amazing mama who gives them so much food every day, meets Micah in a laundromat and convinces the boy to give up his heathen ways. All the Plaths huddle around Jill and lavish her with praise. Jill and her brood move to the Plath farm and a new spin-off, “Welcome to Jillville” debuts on TLC. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

Ohhh...I see what you’re saying. In a very special episode, the not Nuries go a courtin’ the little sinner Plath boy under the premise of saving his soul, kind of like a Fundie Three’s Company. ‘Come and knock on our door. We’ve got hatred for you.’ When they can’t get through to him and his soul seems destined for Hellville, their special amazing mama who gives them so much food every day, meets Micah in a laundromat and convinces the boy to give up his heathen ways. All the Plaths huddle around Jill and lavish her with praise. Jill and her brood move to the Plath farm and a new spin-off, “Welcome to Jillville” debuts on TLC. 

TLC will totally steal that idea.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She likes to show ALL of her teefs! 😂

Well momma did grift them might as well show them. Or show potential farmer that she has good teeth (like a good horse mare she will be)

Edited by galaxychaser
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Which one is the Grimacing Not Nurie? Because she is SERIOUSLY grimacing in one of those photos.

To me, she always looks like she has one of those dental appliances in her mouth that they use to whiten teeth.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, crazy8s said:

What does that mean, “to do Lilla Rose”??

the pained grimace is BIZARRE!

one of the Plath young ladies is wearing an eye trap shirt!

16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

5 pictures:

The Bible institute looks deadly boring. And WHY is NotNurie standing that close to the older man, with arms touching??  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, emma675 said:

Man alive, Nurie needs a massive hair cut and hot oil treatment. It looks like a bale of hay is sitting on her head.

Hopefully she will in time for the wedding!

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

5 pictures:

Coulda done one nicely framed shot if the sisters but NO! Gotta have four blurry pics as well (Did Jill go to class with them to take pictures?) 

just because you have the option to post it truly doesnt mean you should. 

• Love 6

The Maxwells had a new blog post on Wednesday and it's still up. The Maxwells asked what kinds of post readers wanted. The readers wanted more random life seeing pictures of the family, and more about adult children living at home. So this is what the people wanted.

This is about how they pay for groceries. Steve and Teri buy and pay groceries. The living at home children pay for add-ons, like coffee, snacks, and these days meat. Jesse is allowed to buy extra meat since he's a weight-lifting boy. 

The Maxwells are very controlling and demand their adult children to live at home until marriage. No Maxwell has ever moved out until marriage despite the boys owning their houses before marriage. Jesse owns his own house, but lives at home. All of the girls live at home, and none of the daughters are married.

The comments are interesting. Some of the people are a lot like the Maxwells and some have children who work outside the home or attend school/college. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

The Maxwells had a new blog post on Wednesday and it's still up. The Maxwells asked what kinds of post readers wanted. The readers wanted more random life seeing pictures of the family, and more about adult children living at home. So this is what the people wanted.

This is about how they pay for groceries. Steve and Teri buy and pay groceries. The living at home children pay for add-ons, like coffee, snacks, and these days meat. Jesse is allowed to buy extra meat since he's a weight-lifting boy. 

The Maxwells are very controlling and demand their adult children to live at home until marriage. No Maxwell has ever moved out until marriage despite the boys owning their houses before marriage. Jesse owns his own house, but lives at home. All of the girls live at home, and none of the daughters are married.

The comments are interesting. Some of the people are a lot like the Maxwells and some have children who work outside the home or attend school/college. 

I try to keep up on the Maxwells too.  One of the commenters asked how the girls made their money. Terri responded with "that will be a topic for another post."  Can't wait for that one. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Didn’t one of the Maxwell girls breed her dog for $?

That would be Sarah, aged 38 and never been courted.  She got a dog that she intended to breed, even talked about taking deposits on the puppies before the dog had delivered her first litter (possibly before the dog had even been bred).  But the dog got sick and required an emergency hysterectomy, so was spared the fate of breeding for profit.  To her credit, Sarah didn't dump the dog and get another, the dog is still there and treated quite well.

• Useful 6
  • Love 8