Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, louannems said:

Just imagine.  Jill moves into a new "house" with her eleventy kids and one bathroom.  What does she do?  She paints the cabinet, hangs a beach sign, puts out a Wifey pillow, sets feathers and fake flowers and froo-froo next to the toilet, hangs fairy lights and drapes fabric all while someone must have constantly interrupting her to use the bathroom!

I believe this is really the parents bathroom and going with the idea the boys are living in the RV.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I imagine adding even one wall, on one side, would make that narrow bathroom unusable. There seems to be less than a foot between the front of the toilet and the wall.

What I don't get is why an interior wall is metal. If it was an exterior wall, surely the pipes would freeze.

Maybe it is an exterior wall.  If so, that bathroom is going to be a cold sob. 🥶

• Love 4

Good grief, she just goes around harassing total strangers about God every single second of every single day, doesn't she?? I feel sorry for Felicia, she was probably just trying to do her job and had to suck it up and not just hang up on this crazy person. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 2

I thought the listing for the house showed only one bath. If so, this would be it. David is supposedly building an "on suite" for the girls, but everyone is too busy writing bible verses on the wall to make much progress, and we have to take Jill's word that David has any idea how to install a bathroom or anything else. 

Highly unlikely this is the "BOYS bathroom." The woman can't keep her stories straight. 

• Love 5

Is there some kind of filter or enhancement on those little girl photos? They all seem to be blurred and the girls have eye and lip makeup on. They look like little pageant girls 😞 and I agree with OP that one or more of the pics look like the girls are dead 😧

• Love 13

One of those poor girls needs glasses as one eye is pointing just a little bit the wrong way. They also need a good meal.  And why can't we see the "fabulous" bedroom. Color me suspicious since she showed us the fabulous bathroom.🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Are they even near a beach to warrant the beach sign that Jill hung up in the bathroom? I would think most logical people (if they liked that sort of thing) would hang a beach sign in a beach house or cottage.

Not a beach that I know of near Wooster. There is a legitimate beach along the lake shore, but it would take a good 2 hours to get there. Ironically there's a city about 30 minutes from them called Beach City. I only know this from my last job, our installers went all over Ohio and when I heard of that one, I did a double take. It was actually named for a person, not an actual beach. I've lived in Ohio my entire life, had never heard of it and was even more confused when I looked at it on the map. So mis-named! Other than my 4 years in college, I've always lived like 5-10 minutes from the shore line, so I could maybe see some where around me being named Beach City, but even that would be iffy at best. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sure Jan.

wonder if she will be able to get a reservation at the Duggar 'luxury RV resort" ? (whenever it might open) who would she witness to?

would the duggs allow the "modesty" swimwear in their pool or persecute the poor JRod family for wearing street clothes in the pool when duggs are the ones on pool maintenance?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Are they even near a beach to warrant the beach sign that Jill hung up in the bathroom? I would think most logical people (if they liked that sort of thing) would hang a beach sign in a beach house or cottage.

Hobby Lobby clearance and dollar store finds. She got all that stuff for the price of one day of food for the kids, which I'm sure none of them missed. 

1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

One of those poor girls needs glasses as one eye is pointing just a little bit the wrong way. They also need a good meal.  And why can't we see the "fabulous" bedroom. Color me suspicious since she showed us the fabulous bathroom.🙄

There's something that looks like a stack of thin branches with lights behind a couple of the girls in the photos. I can't tell exactly what it is, but it makes me doubly curious about their "gorgeous new, spacious bedroom" Jill hasn't shown off yet. 

• Love 5

I've had to have that reverse "come to Jesus" talk with people at work. Its so annoying so just stop talking about things other than what we should be talking about, oy. I might commit murder if Jill showed up.

• LOL 6
40 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I've had to have that reverse "come to Jesus" talk with people at work. Its so annoying so just stop talking about things other than what we should be talking about, oy. I might commit murder if Jill showed up.

Then Jill will be a godly Christian martyr. 🙄🙄🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The next to the last photo of the girls looks like one of those Victorian death photographs.

I was thinking that several of the photos look like kids in those ads for charities trying to feed starving kids in developing nations.  'Your gift of just 20 dollars a month means little Sally gets a bowl of rice every day.'

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Not a beach that I know of near Wooster. There is a legitimate beach along the lake shore, but it would take a good 2 hours to get there. Ironically there's a city about 30 minutes from them called Beach City. I only know this from my last job, our installers went all over Ohio and when I heard of that one, I did a double take. It was actually named for a person, not an actual beach. I've lived in Ohio my entire life, had never heard of it and was even more confused when I looked at it on the map. So mis-named! Other than my 4 years in college, I've always lived like 5-10 minutes from the shore line, so I could maybe see some where around me being named Beach City, but even that would be iffy at best. 

Might be a pond or creek nearby, no beaches.  I live 2 blocks from the lake and wouldn't put a 'Beach' sign in my bathroom if you paid me.  That sort of stuff doesn't appeal to me and is only fit for vacation homes located on actual beaches IMO.

There is an actual River Styx in Wayne County, maybe Jill can some souls waiting to cross that she can save.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Is there some kind of filter or enhancement on those little girl photos? They all seem to be blurred and the girls have eye and lip makeup on. They look like little pageant girls 😞 and I agree with OP that one or more of the pics look like the girls are dead 😧

(and)Kaylee has used ALL the filters.

I'd excuse that level of wacky experimentalism if it were one of the 12-year-olds; but maybe nobody ever lets Kaylee hold the camera phone?

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Might be a pond or creek nearby, no beaches.  I live 2 blocks from the lake and wouldn't put a 'Beach' sign in my bathroom if you paid me.  That sort of stuff doesn't appeal to me and is only fit for vacation homes located on actual beaches IMO.

There is an actual River Styx in Wayne County, maybe Jill can some souls waiting to cross that she can save.

I actually lied, I live like 30 seconds from the shore line, the parking lot at my apartment actually overlooks the lake. I don't even think about it anymore and take it for granted. Plus, I haven't set foot in lake water in a decade. I have nothing water related decor wise, but my mom lives only slightly farther from the lake, and the decor in her bathroom used to be kinda beachy themed. Like you said, I too only think that what Jill was decorating with is for vacation homes on the beach, not my 8th floor everyday apartment. And the art and clock even from Hobby Lobby or Walmart, could have fed her kids for a week. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Maybe it is an exterior wall.  If so, that bathroom is going to be a cold sob. 🥶

Maybe Jilly Rod and Ears figure a freezing cold bathroom will take the boys' minds off masturbating. 

Also, Jilly and her "leading" someone to the lord over the phone? BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS. 

• Love 7

I’m sure Jill’s phone conversions work about as well as the prayer tracts they hand out. I had an employee once at a store who was always given the pray the gay away tracts, he was on the flamboyant side and there would be days our lesbian boss would tell him to tone it down. He was always pissed when he’d get one, but wouldn’t refuse them. Ironically he was originally from Wooster.

Edited by Fostersmom
Hit post too soon
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The next to the last photo of the girls looks like one of those Victorian death photographs.

So Jill's decided Kaylee will be a photographer.

The death photo - does the little Rod girl have tissues springing forth from her shirt?

• Love 1

I can’t imagine having to wait in line behind a dozen people every morning to use the bathroom in my own home. Especially the little kids. I wasn’t able to hold it at that age. They’d probably have a shorter wait time during halftime at a football game.

• Love 5
On 1/25/2020 at 8:59 PM, Zella said:

It's honestly not creepy (at least to me) for multiple siblings to be married to siblings from another family. It's not unheard of in my family or among acquaintances. I mean, I'd run screaming into the night if one of the Rodrigueses married into my family (let alone more than one), but just the fact that another one of them besides Nurie could marry into the Keller family doesn't really strike me as strange or weird. 

On 1/26/2020 at 3:47 PM, floridamom said:

My mother's brother married my father's sister. Their children are my double first cousins. There is no crossover with them. We cousins simply have both parents from the same gene pool. 

It isn't  weird to me either as my sister & I married brothers.   But ours has a twist as my sister & BIL got divorced (no children)around the time Mr. Barb & I got married.  Needless to say,  family get togethers were challenging at the beginning but it has been 35 years now & it has just become a part of our past.  Both my sister & BIL have remarried & have their own families. 

My husband's paternal aunts also married brothers and I know of two other families where siblings married siblings.  

Back to the Rods, I can't imagine having to use that bathroom.  It makes me cold just looking at the metal walls.  Also too junky and  I can't see Chimpy fitting in those tight spaces. All that crap is going to get bumped into landing on the floor.  That large wooden sign on the wall by the door looks dangerous to me & is  an invitation to a facial injury. It hangs a few inches out from the wall & is at eye level. 

• Love 7

I don’t think she is converting anyone. Rather, I think she is talking to Christians to begin with or people who went to a Christian church at some point. I think she says something like, “can I pray with you?” The other person agrees with varying levels of enthusiasm or out of a sense of customer service, and Jill puts it as a win. 

Bear with me because I don’t think I am going to express with this well. I also think Christians want for each other to have a deep and fulfilling relationship with God. Saying one time over the phone, “I accept Christ as my Lord and Savior” or whatever it is they talk about, isn’t the end point. Maybe theologically, but not practically. It’s not like, “boom they said the magic words my work here is done!” It’s such a shallow concept of faith. 

• Love 20
12 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I was thinking that several of the photos look like kids in those ads for charities trying to feed starving kids in developing nations.  'Your gift of just 20 dollars a month means little Sally gets a bowl of rice every day.'

I thought the same thing. I'm still deciding which girl to sponsor. 

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The death photo - does the little Rod girl have tissues springing forth from her shirt?

I thought it was a flower but it does look like tissues. What is with that?  It looks like they were purposely put there too.   It reminds me of my senior portrait where I am holding a single long stemmed rose but there doesn't look like a stem in the picture.  

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I don’t think she is converting anyone. Rather, I think she is talking to Christians to begin with or people who went to a Christian church at some point. I think she says something like, “can I pray with you?” The other person agrees with varying levels of enthusiasm or out of a sense of customer service, and Jill puts it as a win. 

Bear with me because I don’t think I am going to express with this well. I also think Christians want for each other to have a deep and fulfilling relationship with God. Saying one time over the phone, “I accept Christ as my Lord and Savior” or whatever it is they talk about, isn’t the end point. Maybe theologically, but not practically. It’s not like, “boom they said the magic words my work here is done!” It’s such a shallow concept of faith. 

I can imagine the woman on the other end of the phone holding it at arms length as she silently laughs her way through her call with Jill, rolling her eyes as she gets through the call and busting up laughing as soon as the call is finished. 

11 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I actually lied, I live like 30 seconds from the shore line, the parking lot at my apartment actually overlooks the lake. I don't even think about it anymore and take it for granted. Plus, I haven't set foot in lake water in a decade. I have nothing water related decor wise, but my mom lives only slightly farther from the lake, and the decor in her bathroom used to be kinda beachy themed. Like you said, I too only think that what Jill was decorating with is for vacation homes on the beach, not my 8th floor everyday apartment. And the art and clock even from Hobby Lobby or Walmart, could have fed her kids for a week. 

I know those buildings.  I grew up in Mentor, and remember driving past those many a time.  I also think I was with my mom one evening delivering a Tupperware order there back in the early 90s.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I can’t imagine having to wait in line behind a dozen people every morning to use the bathroom in my own home. Especially the little kids. I wasn’t able to hold it at that age. They’d probably have a shorter wait time during halftime at a football game.

Hell, it annoys me that I have to fight my way into the bathroom since my cats have to beat me to the door in the morning. One of them is obsessed with chewing on the garbage can liner so I have to keep the door closed. It really sucks when you really have to pee and 2 cats are tripping you to get there first. 

44 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I know those buildings.  I grew up in Mentor, and remember driving past those many a time.  I also think I was with my mom one evening delivering a Tupperware order there back in the early 90s.  

I grew up in Mentor too! How odd, maybe we know each other!

I noticed Jill put her daughter's name on some of the pics. Will people really be clamoring to steal them? 

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Back to the Rods, I can't imagine having to use that bathroom.  It makes me cold just looking at the metal walls.  Also too junky and  I can't see Chimpy fitting in those tight spaces. All that crap is going to get bumped into landing on the floor.  That large wooden sign on the wall by the door looks dangerous to me & is  an invitation to a facial injury. It hangs a few inches out from the wall & is at eye level. 

It totally took me a few seconds to realize you were speaking figuratively - not until I'd already managed to process a few disturbing images and scenarios....

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • LOL 10
On 1/27/2020 at 5:41 AM, ginger90 said:

The outlet in the bathroom definitely isn’t code. It should be a GFCI when within 6’ of the edge of a sink. To each their own, there’s too much stuff in the bathrooms.

69E54022-F86D-4B03-B288-DB67F954608C.jpeg

that looks safe! 

On 1/27/2020 at 2:02 PM, ginger90 said:

10 pictures:

Some of these pics are downright creepy and remind me of Victorian death photos.  I need to look at some kittens.

23 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

OMG.  I just posted the same thing!

• Love 9