Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I’ve been really confused about how someone could almost drown in a ditch, unless it’s during a raging flood. how could there ever be enough water  to submerge a car, or put someone underwater? 

• Love 3

Yes you don't need that much water to drown as long as the lungs fill with fluid.  There's a weird thing called dry drowning, which I heard of happening to someone we knew a little when I was a kid. 

There's also an old story in my family about a car sinking in a huge puddle that I've never understood. 

It looks really bad. I'm glad their injuries weren't worse. 

• Love 14
42 minutes ago, awaken said:

I’ve been really confused about how someone could almost drown in a ditch, unless it’s during a raging flood. how could there ever be enough water  to submerge a car, or put someone underwater? 

It happened to a family I know.  There doesn't need much water if you are unconscious. You can drown if you end up face down in just a few inches of water.

• Love 16

It's hard to believe she's even real. Kids are injured: picture of Jill. Father's Day: picture of Jill. She's trolling us, right? Can anyone really be that narcissistic? To be fair, though, I was impressed that, aside from having obviously provided a script, she did manage to keep her yap shut for the duration of Nurie's panhandling video. I think that might be a first.

• Love 17
(edited)
2 minutes ago, momofsquid said:

It's hard to believe she's even real. Kids are injured: picture of Jill. Father's Day: picture of Jill. She's trolling us, right? Can anyone really be that narcissistic? To be fair, though, I was impressed that, aside from having obviously provided a script, she did manage to keep her yap shut for the duration of Nurie's panhandling video. I think that might be a first.

I'm sure she was standing behind the camera mouthing the words along with Nurie.  And, I have no doubt she wrote the script that Nurie was reading from.  I think she knows that, in Nurie, she's got a completely brainwashed puppet, so she trusts her to stick to the script.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 13

I hate to defend J-Rod on anything, but that accident does look legitimately bad. Even if the water wasn't that deep, I could see both girls panicking and being scared shitless, and the younger daughter was pretty banged up.

• Love 23
12 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I agree, the accident was scary and I don't blame her for being upset about it.  It's just that her first instinct, upon arriving at the hospital ER, was to photograph her daughters lying on backboards with cervical collars as they waited to find out if they'd broken their necks.  And, looking at the photos, I wouldn't be surprised if JRod reapplied their clownish makeup first.  Her second instinct was to pose for selfies with them still in the ER and post it all online for the world to see.  Her next move was to coerce and guilt her daughter into shilling for cash to replace a car that wasn't worth anything (and which they'd gotten for free in the first place).  Her final move was to go shopping for new clothes for her kids (and probably herself) after telling the world how they couldn't possibly afford to replace the necessities (car, phone, musical instruments) that they'd lost.  I don't blame her for being overwhelmed, I do blame her for being a selfish narcissistic she-beast who took her daughters' traumatic, painful experience and tried to cash in and made it all about herself.

100%!!!!!!

• Love 10

I envisioned a lot more water.  Kinda like a lake.  I guess that explains why their hair was not soaked. Still a bad accident and I'm glad everyone is recovering.  I just really thought it was a car sinking in a lake or river or something. 

Jill really is a shitbag. 

• Love 11
On 6/16/2018 at 1:58 PM, Marigold said:

Did you guys SEE the pictures of Nurie and her sister on the hospital gurney? 

I HATE to be like this, I REALLY do...

Nurie's hair and make up looked really GOOD for someone who had JUST been in a car accident.  What's up with THAT????

The sister looked INJURED and Nurie looks FINE. 

It's just so WEIRD. 

Maybe the sister was driving and SHE was underwater but she is not licensed and wasn't given permission to drive so they concocted this story?  David/Jill didn't want to have additional costs such as a ticket for unlicensed driver?  Spitballing here

• Love 4
On 6/17/2018 at 2:46 AM, ginger90 said:

The baby is on instagram? No actual reveal, guessing it was filmed.

The husband looks like Stephen Miller without such an unfortunate hairline.  I am sure they share the same beliefs.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

And here is the scene of the “almost drowning!”

72FA754E-A771-43A3-A922-D11A7E63D761.jpeg

Nurie was driving like a maniac when this happened on a country road with no traffic.  She is responsible for the totaled car and for her sister's injuries.  Did she ever apologize to her sister?  It will be interesting to hear what happens to Nurie when she goes to traffic court over this accident.  She won't need a car to drive if she loses her license.

• Love 9
(edited)

Children can really drown in a cm of water, even half a cm. But that applies more to infants than 17/18/19 year olds. 

2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

The husband looks like Stephen Miller without such an unfortunate hairline.  I am sure they share the same beliefs.

I think her husband is hot. At worst, he’s hot like a lifetime movie husband. The Bates girls have mostly have hot husbands.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

Nurie was driving like a maniac when this happened on a country road with no traffic.  She is responsible for the totaled car and for her sister's injuries.  Did she ever apologize to her sister?  It will be interesting to hear what happens to Nurie when she goes to traffic court over this accident.  She won't need a car to drive if she loses her license.

If Nurie was cited for distracted driving (or reckless driving or whatever the statute is), Jill would've already posted a weepy message railing at the ungodly injustice of it all and telling everyone about the next GoToFundMe to pay for Nurie's legal defense to keep her out of being jailed with the heathens.  Nurie made several huge errors that day including driving a car that was unsafe (steering wheel too hot to touch) and taking her eyes off the road to fiddle with the air conditioning.  The way the car flipped after striking the boulder-rock, I think she was probably traveling at an unsafe speed, too.  I hope the authorities do cite her; she needs to learn some basic automobile safety.

9 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Children can really drown in a cm of water, even half a cm. But that applies more to infants than 17/18/19 year olds. 

If she was strapped in her seatbelt and the airbags were inflated, it is possibly that Nurie could've drowned in just a couple inches of water, presuming she couldn't move her head enough to keep her mouth and nose clear. The roof of the car had collapsed almost flat onto the body, there was probably very little room to maneuver.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 16

Someone mentioned this earlier but I can't spot exactly where now.  I wonder if Kaylee was driving?  Her injuries are on the left side of her face -- consistent with cuts from the driver's side window being down and possible contact with the steering wheel.  Maybe that's why Nurie was so weird and looked rehearsed for the video.  Did they not have Kaylee on the insurance?  Not that they seem to be able to use the insurance but that might be why she was more banged up than Nurie.  That would also explain why Jill isn't talking about her.  Nurie is the golden child anyway and it would only make Kaylee more of a pariah if she wrecked the car and endangered her sister.  Kaylee is mentioned but it's still all about Nurie.  

Fundraiser is up to $2,332 now.  That more than covers the value of the old Civic.

She posted a pic today on Facebook with the girls and Amy.  "They all cried together. Kevin and Amy had a KEEN understanding of what they went through."  Jill the Drama Queen milks it for all it's worth.  She mentions how grateful Nurie is to her sister but it's still ALL ABOUT NURIE.   Poor Kaylee's eye still looks pretty bad.

• Love 14

From what I can tell, driver's licenses aren't issuedin WV until 17. Kaylee c ould have had a permit, but would an be under 21 driver been legal, as is the case in many states? I wouldn't put anything past these liars who lie when it's monetarily convenient.

• Love 5
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

From what I can tell, driver's licenses aren't issuedin WV until 17. Kaylee c ould have had a permit, but would an be under 21 driver been legal, as is the case in many states? I wouldn't put anything past these liars who lie when it's monetarily convenient.

From the West Virginia BMV site:

West Virginia Instruction Permit Restrictions

The West Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles has set certain restrictions that every instruction permit applicant must obey in order to advance to the next stage in the GDL program. Those restrictions are the following:

You can drive with a licensed supervisor who is at least 21 years of age.

You cannot carry more than two passengers who are not family members.

You cannot drive from 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.

Your passengers must wear seat belts.

Kaylee is too young to have a regular driver's license; if she was driving, it was probably with a learner's permit.  And, if driving on a learner's permit, she had to be accompanied by a licensed driver OVER THE AGE OF 21.  So, if she was driving, there's one more law that was broken.

However, WVa does have something called an Intermediate Driving Permit for drivers who are 16:

WV Intermediate Drivers License Driving Restrictions

The West Virginia intermediate drivers license contains the following restrictions:

You cannot drive unsupervised from 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.

You cannot carry passengers under 20 years of age, who are not family members, during the first six months.

You cannot carry more than one passenger younger than 20 years of age, who is not a family member, during the second six months.

You cannot use any wireless communication device while operating the vehicle

If she had that, she was legal.  Getting an intermediate permit requires documented hours driving under supervision as well as passing a road test.  Somehow, I doubt the Rods would've bothered with it.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 5
(edited)
24 minutes ago, NotFundie said:

Nurie is the golden child anyway and it   l ALL ABOUT NURIE.  

It's all about marketing to me. Look how GREAT Nurie is, she would make the perfect fundie wife, etc. Nurie has been getting marketed since she graduated from Jill's homeskool. No buyers yet though. Jill needs to work on her selling skills. lol

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 5

It's a Prayer Closet offense isn't it, to wonder that Kaylee's eye injury was caused by her loose bible in the car as they flipped over?

I'm not sure who was driving.  I can't see either one of them being good drivers at their ages and with the amount of time Jill/David took to teach them.  It's Kaylee's left eye, but heck Nurie could have been flailing as they went over and punched his sister in the eye, or loose objects in the car.  I doubt we'll ever get the true story.  Although if it was Kaylee driving and Jill has forced Nurie to lie, I wonder how long until Nurie begins to question her upbringing and her mother, after all lying is a sin.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Kaylee is too young to have a regular driver's license; if she was driving, it was probably with a learner's permit.  And, if driving on a learner's permit, she had to be accompanied by a licensed driver OVER THE AGE OF 21.  So, if she was driving, there's one more law that was broken.

Nurie is not 21-years-old; she is only 19.  So, Kaylee could not legally be driving that car if only Nurie was in the car with her.  Neighbors came to the scene to rescue the girls and I'm sure the police interviewed them and found out which girl was on the driver's side. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Marigold said:

The real question is:

What brand of make up were the girls wearing?  I'm impressed that it withstood a serious car accident, water, an ambulance ride, blood and swelling. My make up sweated off at my son's graduation. 

In my experience, most drugstore waterproof mascaras are really waterproof.  I have some eyeliners that don't budge once set, but I can't imagine the Rodriguez girls being able to afford $20 per eyeliner.  Wet'n'Wild has some pretty decent products in their price range.  I was looking at the picture of Kaylee to try to figure out what eyeshadow she was using.  That blue is still noticeable after the accident, and I can't imagine them knowing any tricks to make makeup last like using a primer or white eyeliner underneath.  I wonder if that is some ancient blue eyeshadow that Jill stocked up on back in the 90s. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

Nurie has been getting marketed since she graduated from Jill's homeskool. No buyers yet though. Jill needs to work on her selling skills. lol

I know Jill doesn't like to waste money on food for her children, but she should work on fattening Nurie up a little and consider the cost as an investment in her campaign to find her a husband. The poor girl is so scrawny and malnourished-looking that few young men would find her attractive. Guys really don't like to hear a girl's bones creak when they hug her, Jill! 

• Love 15

Yikes that picture gave me a visceral reaction. Scary shit. Thinking of Nuri trapped in there is anxiety inducing.

But, who took the picture? I know if I saw that car like that, knowing my kids had been in it, the last thing I would do is snap a picture. I'd be in the ambulance with my kid, or following it to the hospital. 

I think Jill saw dollar signs from minute one. She doesn't have a motherly bone in her body. 

• Love 23

If Nurie almost drowned, how was her hair and makeup dry and in good shape? I can believe Jill fixed it in the ER for that selfie but a receiving nurse would probably have wiped that blood streaming down the others face. All this to say that the condition of the two girls in that selfie does not match at all what they say happened, what would have happened in the ambulance, and how medical personnel would have behaved in the ER. 

I feel bad for the girls, i would have been terrified as their mother, or if it had happened to me, but I don’t think they are being truthful. And lieing (lying?) makes baby Jesus cry. 

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yikes that picture gave me a visceral reaction. Scary shit. Thinking of Nuri trapped in there is anxiety inducing.

But, who took the picture? I know if I saw that car like that, knowing my kids had been in it, the last thing I would do is snap a picture. I'd be in the ambulance with my kid, or following it to the hospital. 

I think Jill saw dollar signs from minute one. She doesn't have a motherly bone in her body. 

Jill said their neighbor sent her the picture.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

35298569_10156666459967259_9159985260232

That car to this pose.

Um, no. Nurie does not like she was under water at any time. Makeup? check. Hair? check. Smile? check. Clothes not waterlogged/muddy? Check. Hmmm ...

• Love 9

Looking at that picture, I am astounded that Jill's first post about the accident read, "Emergency! Please pray! Nurie almost drowned in the creek!" You've gotta wonder whether Kaylee occupies any space at all in Jill's mind. Oh wait, she did get a bit of praise for saving Nurie.

• Love 22
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Um, no. Nurie does not like she was under water at any time. Makeup? check. Hair? check. Smile? check. Clothes not waterlogged/muddy? Check. Hmmm ...

Thank goodness Kaylee saved Nuri.

35349069_10156665881622259_6469008247209

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 6

Nurie looks like she doesn't have a mark on her. I would expect some bruising if the air bags were deployed. Her sisters looks pretty bad. I'm glad they are both safe, but why the selfie?  Is Jill trying to sell Nurie like the old watch commercials, "takes a lickin' but keeps on tickin'."  Imwould think she'd have other concerns than a selfie.

• Love 8

I  hesitate to say this lest Jill reads here,  but she really does seem to have lost a lot of weight, and (maybe partially due to Nurie & Kaylee's makeup making them look a decade older than their ages) actually looks at least as young as they do on that photo. I wonder how many "takes"that took or even whether any photoshop was involved.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I know Jill doesn't like to waste money on food for her children, but she should work on fattening Nurie up a little and consider the cost as an investment in her campaign to find her a husband. The poor girl is so scrawny and malnourished-looking that few young men would find her attractive. Guys really don't like to hear a girl's bones creak when they hug her, Jill! 

How about starting with teaching a 19-year-old young lady that you don't wipe snot on your arm and shirt unless you're 2. 

• Love 20
(edited)

Does anyone else find it odd that even before they were seemingly trying to sell off Nurie, she was the golden child, when you'd think it would be Tim, as the oldest boy, who would be the always talked about favourite. I swear, until this whole biblical pilot thing (grift, grift, grift), the only time we heard about him was when Jill was saying he was difficult, or when he was 'fasting for the lord'*

*making sure David had enough food

Edited by kalamac
  • Love 8