Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Ok I bit the bullet and checked out JillyRod’s blog. No updates in a while. But dang it, she is pitching her pink drink. I want to know what is going on with Janessa.  

One typo made it all worthwhile. So these folks are into polygamy now? ?  Jill, it’s Pastors’ not Pastor’s.  One is plural possessive and the other singular. You just said your Pastor has two wives. 

SORDRT FTW!

68533E94-81BC-4E27-AFD2-6757DB64376E.jpeg

OMG, I hate to think how her kids write, did no one ever teach her to edit?  Some punctuation would be ideal here.

• Love 1
(edited)

I hate to defend the Duggars or whoever, but I personally hate the social media condolence posts. It's too public for me, and it can look like you're looking for sympathy for yourself rather than the family if it's not your family or closest friends. Grief is often a private matter or certainly one where you want to chose who you have around you. Hopefully the Duggars reached out and made even made some food.  offered some practical assistance. 

The Duggars are more famous than the Bates. The family* may not want a national media spotlight on them. Some stupid internet site would post some bad taste article about a Duggar friend died and here's their reaction. 

Editing to clarify:* By family, I don't mean the Duggars, I meant the Duggars' friends who lose their grandfather, father, sister, etc. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
(edited)

Poor Jill R has had a genuine* misfortune befall her. Nurie and Kaylee were in a car together and they were in accident. They're alive and receiving medical treatment.  I wish these girls the best recovery. 

*By genuine, I mean real and not sarcasm. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Poor Jill R has had a genuine* misfortune befall her. Nurie and Kaylee were in a car together and they were in accident. They're alive and receiving medical treatment.  I wish these girls the best recovery. 

I've seen pics from some in-law and not to sound callous but one of the girls still has that clown make up caked on and it just makes that image so surreal . 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I hope someone feeds them while they’re there. 

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

I hope someone feeds them while they’re there. 

But then they wouldn't have been able to escape through a car window . Yes Jill wrote about that .

• Love 2
(edited)

Facebook. Can someone share the public post? Jill pisses me off, taking those pics of the girls, then goes right into grifting mode (1 car and 1 phone needed). 

I hope the girls have no lasting injuries.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

How will they pay for the medical treatment?

• Love 3

I was in a car accident this past winter. My car was totaled, I was injured and required emergency medical attention. Probably the single scariest thing to ever happen to me.  I feel for those girls and hope they are ok. And that they can move past this.  It’s really hard to get behind the wheel again after an experience like that. 

That being said, are they seriously grifting for a car????  Someone please post the post!

• Love 12
(edited)
19 minutes ago, louannems said:

On their Facebook, I see condolences but not the original story.

Jill must have deleted the post, which was her post copied to a friend's page. However, since JRod was tagged, it also showed up in her own public comment section.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
(edited)

I kept off the photos because it actually looks pretty bad, despite Jill's penchant for exaggeration, and I wouldn't want pictures of myself or my family bloody and battered in the hospital spread around online for people to snark on. I hope they are discharged quickly and have no serious injuries.

C4D392EC-5557-49EC-8EFC-4923F30B0EA9.thumb.jpeg.fe80a92c0bc2e848ef591bcb2e14aaae.jpeg

F543F779-C6F1-495C-8D7A-6B7AE4998D3B.jpeg

3E0F283E-D962-46F2-8683-A05A2BDCBD45.jpeg

Edited by McManda
added first post
  • Love 6

Oh dear GOD.  My worst nightmare.  I really hope the girls can get through this.  It’s going to be a long road. 

Seriously. This is why I have one of those seatbelt cutters and window smashers in the cubby of both front car doors. 

Seriously saying a prayer for these poor girls. 

• Love 18
(edited)
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

I hate to defend the Duggars or whoever, but I personally hate the social media condolence posts. It's too public for me, and it can look like you're looking for sympathy for yourself rather than the family if it's not your family or closest friends. Grief is often a private matter or certainly one where you want to chose who you have around you. Hopefully the Duggars reached out and made even made some food.  offered some practical assistance. 

The Duggars are more famous than the Bates. The family may not want a national media spotlight on them. Some stupid internet site would post some bad taste article about a Duggar friend died and here's their reaction. 

Agree about some social media condolence posts, but maybe because my SM presence is kept pretty close to people in my real life, I generally don't get bad ("it's all about MEE") vibes from the condolence posts I've seen on my SM feed.

EDITED to add that I misunderstood @Temperance's comment and thought it was about the Duggars. What follows is the result of that misunderstanding but I hate to let a perfectly good rant go to waste so with apologies to @Temperance I'll leave it here.

Now about the Duggars, I disagree that the family generally doesn't want a national media spotlight. Of course they don't want anything *negative* showing up in that spotlight, but I believe that Boob's and Mechelle's heads must have nearly imploded when in the aftermath of Joshgate not only was 19K&C cancelled but so were the paid appearances they'd been booked for at churches, etc. They'd finally achieved fame and fortune, and were in demand to speak at more than Gothardite gatherings, and then the wheels came off. They *loved* being fawned over and interviewed and written up in the magazines, and I don't think they were ready for it to be over. 

Jessa, Jill, Derick, Jinger and JereME are active on social media. Joshie and Anna basked in the limelight while the good times rolled. I'm honestly surprised that we still haven't seen the Josh Duggar Redemption Tour bus pull out of the Duggar compound and hit the road. Because I firmly believe that if they could make it work they'd be selling the hell out of it. Sure, some of the kids aren't chasing fame, but I think with their parents and that upbringing, all the Duggars (and Duggar adjacents) are arrogantly convinced of their specialness and superiority over the rest of the world. Including being famous. Yes, even Jana. 

[/rant]

I'm sorry that Jill R's daughters were in that horrible accident and glad they have survived. As has been said, that must have been incredibly traumatic and I hope they will be appropriately treated if PTSD symptoms appear down the line. I'm old and tough and been through things, and I shudder to think about what happened to them.

+1 to what @ginger90 just posted.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Temperance said:

@Jeeves I meant the family that was greiving their loss, not the Duggars. Sorry that wasn't more clear. 

OMG, I'm so sorry that I misunderstood. Obviously, the idea of the Duggs avoiding the spotlight triggered me into a rant, lol!

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I sincerely hope both girls heal quickly.

I have to say it, IMO Jill is awful, just freaking awful.

Quoting myself because against my better judgement I looked for an update.  I’m posting a picture of the car with this because it gives an idea of what’s involved. I’m a stranger and there’s no way I will post the pictures Jill posted of the girls.

DFF087B1-2FAA-4D94-9C1A-26954AD35383.jpeg

AF313971-A605-4071-A334-07481F89ADCD.jpeg

• Love 8
(edited)

Wow, that was not just a fender bender. 

Jill is the worst (seriously, ER selfies?) but did ever mention what caused the accident?

I wholeheartedly agree with not posting photos of the girls.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Quoting myself because against my better judgement I looked for an update.  I’m posting a picture of the car with this because it gives an idea of what’s involved. I’m a stranger and there’s no way I will post the pictures Jill posted of the girls.

That looks like a one-car accident to me.  Someone was speeding and lost control.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, SMama said:

Jill is already gritting for musical instruments; in addition to a new car and cell phone. ?

Tell Jill that is what auto insurance is for.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, SMama said:

Jill is already gritting for musical instruments; in addition to a new car and cell phone. ?

She’s in “shock at the losses”, I just can’t take this woman.

• Love 20
15 minutes ago, Mollie said:

That looks like a one-car accident to me.  Someone was speeding and lost control.  

I was thinking maybe something like a deer ran out in front of them and they swerved to miss it.  Depending on the width of shoulder that could have rolled into the ditch.  And they're both teenagers so they most likely haven't had a lot of experience with reactions to things while driving.  I hope they weren't texting on that cell phone and lost control - like speeding and going around a curve.  I'm glad they are alive and hope they heal quickly and that Jill and David take into account the emotional marks this may leave for awhile and treat their daughters well.  

For eff's sake Jill - your daughters are in the ER - Stop grifting for a new car, cell phone and musical instruments.  Perhaps this is God's way of telling you to stay home and stop traveling and to focus on other things then music right now, like, I don't know, a real education for the kids??

And yes, someone please mention that their car insurance should cover quite a bit of the replacement car, depending on what they decide to get, because, of course, with all those teenagers, they must have car insurance.  (rolling eyes at that last part)

• Love 11

I have had bad experiences with car accidents.  Some accidents  where I was there and some accidents  where I wasn't there but I lost a friend.  I hope the girls are okay.  Just a reminder sometimes the worst injuries on the inside, both emotionally and also physical internal injuries. Sending them positive, healing vibes. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

OK, after reeling from the girl and the ER and worrying about them, I've now gone to trying to figure out the final position of the car.  It looks as though the car definitely rolled over onto the top of the car, but the driver's side looks clean except for that front bumper.  Nurie was under water but Kaylee wasn't.  That makes me think they must have landed on the passenger side of the car and that was the side Nurie was on and with her open window the water flowed in.  But if that's correct, then the drivers side would have been the top of the car and how would they have dug through gravel to get out???

Maybe they landed top side down but the ditch was on an incline and Nurie's side was down but still digging through gravel??  I don't get it.  And yes I'm distracting myself from worrying about an update on the girls x-rays and Catscans.  And on that note - I believe that's a pocketbook on the car hood - so Jill left the hospital where 2 of her daughters were to go look at the car damage and make a photo???

• Love 1
(edited)

Kaylee is almost 17, according to Jill's website/blog. Depending on the laws in WV(?) or whatever state they're in, she could have a valid driver's license.  I have no clue what the laws are like, just pointing out we don't know what happened or who was driving. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

WTF are you thinking JIll?  Seriously????  Smile for the camera? OMFG.

So, can someone please refresh my memory since it's been awhile - Kaylee was unconscious and with that eye which really, really worries me, it would be standard to keep her overnight for a possible concussion unless Mommy checked her out?  Assuming that the xrays and catscans come back normal.  But it looks like the blood on Kaylee's face is coming from her eye and not a cut outside, super scary.  I really hope these girls have that teenage amazing bounceback that so many kids I've seen have.  And can someone please bitchslap Jill?

• Love 20

Glad the girls are okay. Right after Jill got the news she picked out a cute little heart background and posted **"Emergency! Please pray! Nurie almost drowned in the creek! We are en route to the hospital. :("  The Nurie almost drowned in the creek line made me chuckle. It just reminded me of this clip from Seinfeld. "George is dead! Call me back!" This was the first time I looked at their FB page.. They really give me the creeps and vibes of things ending terribly for them. 

• Love 4
(edited)

The car looks old, Jill could have had minimum insurance, which basically covers nothing, depending on her state's insurance regulations. 

I'm missing what the water is - a lake, pond, giant puddle? Is the cars' damage just from the accident or maybe from rescue equipment or from pulling a car out of somewhere and towing?

No doubt the accident was scary and maybe the were very lucky. Or because it's Jill the story is exaggerated. Sometimes cars in accidents look like no one should have survived when the accident was actually minor.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 4

Jill R's video was tacky....period. NOTHING else should matter or even be mentioned, (ie cell phones and instruments) but that her daughters hopefully will be ok with no lasting effects. I hope these poor girls, who know no better, will be fine. Jill needs to serve HER daughters now and take care of THEM while they recover. Somehow, I doubt that will happen for more than a few hours.

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I knew Jill was a shameless beggar who happily exploited her children to get by.  But I never imagined she would be low enough to solicit gifts in the same breath that she used to describe how close her daughters came to being killed.

Her posting that picture of her poor daughter is just ... I dont know.  It's demented. 

Well, now we know for sure that her hijinks over her sister's accident were....not a fluke. She'll piggyback her grifting and famewhoring onto the back of any misfortune that strikes anyone close to her. She's just waiting to do it. ................I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. It's clear from the day to day scenarios that her kids are mere props in her starring role in JILL!!!!!!

• Love 14
(edited)

So, thanks to god's grace the girls are okay?? It's so awesome that god is looking after them.  How about god not letting the car swerve and flip over into a ditch??  That would have been an AWESOME way to look after them!  To quote Penn Jillette, "God works in mysterious, inefficient, and breathtakingly cruel ways."  I wonder if Jill has done something wrong and her god is seriously pissed off??  First Janessa's health problems and now this, oh and don't forget the satanic green bean can!  Of course, god loves Jill, so it must be that pesky satan trying to cause them problems!  They should have never dug that hole and pulled the little bugger up on the mic cord!!! And for everyone hoping the girls will get help with the PTSD they will most likely experience, I have one word for you JESUS!!!!!

I do hope the girls are okay and am glad they saw some true medical professionals to take care of their injuries, even if some of them were college educated, pants wearing, sluts!!  

Edited by Normades
punctuation
  • Love 17

The text of the GFM: 

Hello, my name is Nurie Rodrigues.  I am 19 years old and the oldest of 13 children and my parents are in full time ministry.  We LOVE serving the Lord together as a family!  We have a Printing Ministry and we also travel and sing as a family.

Yesterday (Thursday - June 14, 2018), I and my 16 year old sister - Kaylee (pictured above)- were en route to a pro-life Crossroads Pregnancy Center where we volunteer.  

The car was VERY hot, making the steering wheel burning HOT!  My sister and I were trying to turn the AC all the way up in the car to cool everything off.  We had JUST left home and were nearly at the end of our curvy, West Virginian road; when I looked down at the AC to make sure my sister Kaylee had done it right.

It was at that DREADFUL moment when I took my eyes off the road for a second, that the road curved to the left with the DEEP ditch straight ahead.  I knew in an instant, I was in trouble.  The car brutally smashed into a boulder rock and it created a COMPLETE turn over of the car INTO the ditch!!

We landed UPSIDE down with the air bags projected and I was TRAPPED in my seat belt UNDER water!  My sister Kaylee was knocked unconscious.  I struggled to get out, but could not.

I began to think this was the day I was going to meet my Maker.  Yet, I had a desire to live.  I began to faint, when my sister Kaylee woke up!!  Praise the Lord!  She called my name and did not hear me answer.  So, she began to reach for me.  She found my buckle, unbuckled me, and quickly pulled me out of the water.  GASP!  I was thankful for air!

We found a way out of our open car window.  We suffered MUCH bruising, cuts, and stitches and staples had to be administered to patch us up.  However, we were BEYOND grateful to still be alive!!

My parents quickly made their way to the scene of the accident with TEARS of joy we were okay.  

I am SAD to say though, that I totaled my parents' vehicle.  They did NOT make me feel bad about this at all, but assured me it was our LIVES they were GRATEFUL were spared with no major injuries!!

However, their car insurance will not cover this accident due to it being an older car and ONLY having collision insurance.  

As you can imagine, I feel TERRIBLE about this!!  My heart and mind INSTANTLY began swirling of ways that I could raise some money for my faithful, hard-working, forgiving, sweet parents.  

Being in the ministry is already an intense life of faith.  God is good to always take GREAT care of us and my Dad ALWAYS makes sure the bills are paid and there is food on the table.

However, the expenses in our home, with 13 children and being in full time ministry.......well, it leaves NO extra money to buy a car!!  

This summer, our family (unexpectedly) has an entire trip out West planned due to needing to drop off my brother Timothy to Bible College.  We have meetings in churches along the way that our family will be singing at, but this trip was a step of faith for us.  We were scraping our pennies already to afford this trip.  Now, we are VOID a car, with ONLY our big van left.

The car was a tow behind car that we brought with us on trips as an errand car once we were hooked up with the RV at various churches, etc.

Also, it was an errand car for us grown children and for my parents.  It helped save LOTS in gas, as opposed to taking the BIG van to run small errands in town.  

I would love nothing more to SURPRISE them (especially my dad) by raising enough money to help him purchase another MUCH needed car!!

Please prayerfully consider what you could do to help me make this happen!  **Remember, your investment would be eternally rewarded, as we are a FULL time ministry family and striving to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ with a PASSION!!

With a Heavy Heart and Humble PLEA to Help Me,

Nurie Katelin Rodrigues
James 4: 7-8

• Love 5